SproutVideo

Live and on-demand video hosting for businesses.

Jim
Jim

Wished We Had Found Sprout Sooner!

Reviewed on 2023/08/21

Pros

Terrific platform. Easy to use and fast processing and playback. Amount of features and customization for the price is outstanding.

Cons

Only 3 months of using the service, so far no complaints or missing features for how we utilize the platform.

Wian
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Great video hosting

Reviewed on 2023/11/08

Just been a breeze, I haven't had any problems or complaints and exploring and experimenting with some of the features have been great.

Pros

Probably ease of use and value for money vs some of the other options I was looking at

Cons

I can only say that the only thing i miss is not having chapter markers or other options for the style of the video interface.

Spotlightr, Vimeo and YouTube

Reasons for Switching to SproutVideo

best value for money even though there were less features I didn't need all the extras others were offering and Sprout have added some more as time has passed.

Response from SproutVideo

Hello Wian,

Thanks for the review!

We'll support chapters on our Video Websites in the near future, but I'd love to hear more about the additional options for the video interface mentioned in your review. Can you send your feedback to [email protected]?

Please let me know what you can provide.

Dan
  • Industry: Wireless

Great product for video hosting

Reviewed on 2023/11/08

Pros

Ease of use, cost, features such as private user login and user use analytics.

Cons

There really isn’t anything I don’t like.

Rich

Great service

Reviewed on 2023/11/08

Pros

The support is great. The company quickly responds to any query.

Cons

Sometimes the video can take awhile to load.

Response from SproutVideo

Hello Rich,

Thanks for the review!

Could you email [email protected], and we'll have one of our support agents help you?

Gowtham
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Simple and Effective Platform

Very simple effective implementation
Great support from [sensitive content hidden]and his tech...

Very simple effective implementation
Great support from [sensitive content hidden]and his tech team - what I liked most is that they helped me tweak my html code for effective but aesthetic implementation
Easy choice for a dedicated video platform.

Pros

Easy Implementation
Simple but effective UI
Very personalised custom support from tech team

Cons

If we could have more options to customise using HTML Code

YouTube and EnterpriseTube

Simple implementation Cost effective Dedicated support

Response from SproutVideo

Hello Gowtham,

Thanks for the review!

I'd love to hear more about the additional HTML customization options mentioned in your review. Can you send your feedback to [email protected]?

Please let me know what you can provide.

Thato

SproutVideo, Value For Your Money!

Reviewed on 2023/12/15

It has been amazing, even when business is down, I can pause my subscription! Its amazing.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use, straight to the point, how easy it was to embed my videos on my website!

Cons

Unfortunately the platform does not have dark mode. Or maybe I just haven't found it! I don't know. Hurts my eyes at night.

Vidyard

Reasons for Choosing SproutVideo

They were expensive and embedding videos was really complicated!

Vimeo

Reasons for Switching to SproutVideo

Embedding videos on my website was really complicated.
Lori
  • Industry: Legal Services

Very Pleased with this Platform

Reviewed on 2023/11/08

We have been very pleased with this platform and will continue using it.

We have been very pleased with this platform and will continue using it.

Pros

They are reasonably priced and have all of the security protocol we require.

Cons

Would like to be able to share folders of videos instead of individual videos.

Response from SproutVideo

Hello Lori,

Thanks for the review!

I'd love to hear more about your request to share folders. Can you send me an email at [email protected] so we can discuss your needs?

Helen
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Easy to use and great customer service

Reviewed on 2023/08/01

Pros

I transitioned all my video hosting to SproutVideo and it was super easy to bulk upload, the platform is intuitive and well designed. I like the filing and folder structure which means I can organise videos in a way that makes sense. I was using a more well known video hosting platform prior to this and much prefer SproutVideo.. the customer service has been responsive and helpful when I wanted advice about customisation, the analytic and broadband usage analytics are good. It’s been a really positive transition and I’m pleased I changed to Sprout Video.

Cons

All good so far. An easier way to add Chapter markers to a video would be appreciated

Jillian

Great Video Hosting Site

Reviewed on 2023/11/08

Pros

When I was searching for a platform to host our video, customer service reps were very helpful in answering all my questions! The ease of use and cost are what we love most.

Cons

At this time, there isn't anything that we do not like.

Sprout Video Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Overall experience with SproutVideo is positive. It does what we need it to do as far as solution for our video hosting. The user management (Team Member) is great and we do not have to worry about having to give out information to the main account.

Pros

We have been using Sprout within our company for a while and it is a great resource for hosting videos. Once posted, they can easily be embedded into the website for everyone else to consume. Ability to provide password locked video content is also really helpful in certain exception use cases.

Cons

No Cons come to mind that I can currently think of. The platform is easy to use.

Marcus

Sprout is Reliable and Value for Money

Reviewed on 2023/11/08

Pros

We like Sprout as we moved all our educational videos to the platform when we stopped using another service due to rapidly rising costs. Sprout has proven reliable and we have not complaints at all.

Cons

There really isn't a con we can think of for SproutVideo.

Marilyn
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great service for the right price

Reviewed on 2023/11/08

We have used them for countless year and never had a complaint. We are paying more as we built up our library of recorded webinars, but we believe the pricing is reasonable, considering the value to our members.

Pros

We are so happy to be able to store years of recorded learning content without breaking our tiny budget. We love the password-protected video features - we believe the right people are getting access and the others are not.

Cons

I am very happy with their service. I have no suggestions for improvement.

Vimeo

Reasons for Switching to SproutVideo

Password-protection feature and pricing.
  • Industry: Media Production

Customer-centric focus really helps you get work done reliably, say goodbye to fly-by-night...

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

I have used other CDN's including JW Player. None of them are this good, or this customer-centric. I have been burned by bad updates, player changes and fraudulent account billing practices. I have even been taken completely offline by other vendors...multiple times. Ouch! Sprout has done none of these things...they are the opposite, they are solid support, timely and consistent upgrades that MAKE SENSE! I have used them for years, Sprout has been great to work with!

Pros

I really enjoy the customer service aspect to a video CDN service. The service is very predictable and easy to use and comes with most of the bells and whistles you could want. As with any service, you will run into a point where something will fail to work correctly. This is where chat-window support is awesome. The developers actually care and respond with helpful ideas and even code snippets to get you through an unexpected rough patch. 10 times better than JW Player!

Cons

The only one thing I do not like...and this is a picky thing on my part. If you want to "rewind" your videos to the beginning when you are done, you need to use a small script. Support provided me with a code sample that worked and everything was groovy. While this was fine, I feel like it should be a check box option.

Timothy
  • Industry: Animation

Happy Long Term Customer

Reviewed on 2023/11/08

Been a customer for over 10 years, says it all! Tried Wistia, and the others, Speout trumps all!

Pros

[sensitive content hidden] customer support / always there to help!

Cons

You can’t replace the folder icon with a png icon. With a lot of clients we have to scroll through or search by name. Visual people like visualization

Response from SproutVideo

Hello Timothy,

Thanks for the review!

We appreciate your feedback. Also, I have added your request for custom folder icons to our Feature Request list.

Jennifer

Perfect for small businesses

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

I run my own business and use videos in both my marketing and products that I sell. I needed a place to host my videos that was ad-free, easy to share on social media, and easy to embed in my website. And of course, I wanted my videos to stream flawlessly and not have any issues with compression or poor quality.

Sprout checks all of these boxes, and so much more. Their customer service is outstanding — knowledgeable, quick to reply, and patient. Although Sprout offers a robust array of features for larger businesses with more complex needs, they’ve been the perfect solution for me. I really love that even though I’m a single user with basic account, I still get awesome service.

Pros

Easy to use, very customizable, easy to share

Cons

Can’t think of a feature that’s missing or something that hasn’t worked for me

• Industry: Telecommunications

Best overall solution for corporate video delivery

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

We use sproutvideo to host and deliver videos to some of our clients private video sites, which we developed. Integrating sproutvideo's api was easy and allowed ua to offer a really competitive solution in our target markets.

Pros

Really easy to use but, at the same time, highly customizable, sproutvideo offers the backend services needed to deploy a corporate video delivery system in no time. It abstracts the complexities needed to run a "private toutube", and does that with great success, plus its really comptetitive pricing made choosing sproutvideo a no-brainer, competitors don't get close.

Cons

Nothing really, everything works as intended, analytics are great, cdn is fast...

The only thing I wish is that they introduced live video... but that's another thing.

John

What's not to like?

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

Sprout works perfectly for us. We had a problem and Sprout solves it every day.

Sprout works perfectly for us. We had a problem and Sprout solves it every day.

Pros

Sprout offers my company the simplest possible method of enabling our customers to stream and/or download sets of large video files. We find it quick and easy to use and so do our customers. We particularly like the range of choices offered within the software.

Cons

Really, we have no complaints! Even I find it easy to use!

Brian

An excellent service, even for a small company

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

The service to our customers has proved reliable and fast. The support from Sprout has always been speedy and has resolved most issues quickly.

Pros

The setup is easy, both for first setup and for subsequent additions or changes, and the security protections are excellent.

Cons

As we are a small company we miss some of the advanced features that the more expensive packages offer.

Tarek
Tarek

Great streaming provider!

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

We stream to thousands of people and find the service very reasonably priced and very reliable.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the updates that they have made to the platform since we started using it five years ago.

Cons

I don't like that I do not have the ability to pick up the phone and call a tech support person there.

Eric H.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Helping us grow as an organization...

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Pros

Sprout has allowed us to rip out our previous solution and move forward in a clear and consistent way. Bandwidth is crucial in our business of delivery and we often deliver to bandwidth-poor locations.

Cons

We have yet to find any in how we use the tools provided.

Brandon

Video hosting with great features at an incredible value

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Overall we are very happy with Sprout. It does all we need to do and then some. Easy to use, secure, stable, and quite affordable. When vetting Sprout we found that it offered more features for less money than its competitors, and that still holds true.

Pros

We love how many features are available with this service, especially at the monthly cost. We use this service to securely host member-only videos and it works perfectly for our cause. We couldn't ask for more!

Cons

We have no complaints with Sprout. We've never had to use customer service, which is a good thing, but we can guess that part is just as stable and strong as the software itself.

Vasili
Vasili

Best alternative for small business

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

Never ran into any issues. Just works...they sure know what they are doing. And yes, their blog is VERY PRACTICAL, if you need help to get your videos done right.

Pros

Simple to use, mobile friendly and never have to wait for a video to start playing. Quality, compared to size is SUPER. Also, we liked that we could use it for company procedures.

Like the metrics and control over the players. That's SUPER GREAT.

Cons

When we signed up, there were much less features...no users etc. Now, SproutVideo is much more mature platform and offers much more.

Very user friendly!

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Inexpensive, user-friendly way to host our videos without putting them on Youtube where Youtube could run commercials on them or interfere with the viewer's experience. Plus, as mentioned above, I like the access permissions depending on the video.

Pros

I've been using the software for 3-4 years now to host all of our marketing videos for our website. Very user friendly, easy to navigate and I enjoy the ability to set user access depending on who/how I want to access the videos we store here.

Cons

Can't think of any. Have never needed to call support.

Chris
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Excellent product!

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

Pros

The software is very easy to use. Everything from loading the videos, selecting the configurations, setting the embed code parameters, and embedding the video on your site. No need to worry about uptime or bandwidth; they have it all covered. They also support subtitles in multiple languages. Lastly, their support is the best! Available when we need them and answer our questions promptly.

Cons

Sometimes the embed codes need a bit of tweaking to work within our websites. It would be great if they provided more resources on how to alter their HTML to make it work better.

Sprout Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Pros

The analytics are great and allow me to see if people are watching our videos!

Cons

Uploading a video sometimes takes a bit too long, but it is really great that I get an email when they are finished.