Final Cut Pro Reviews

Final Cut Pro

Video editing software with color correction capabilities

Ahona
Ahona
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

It's the most effective video editing software!

Reviewed on 2022/12/12

I required an effective yet user-friendly program to help me make video material for my social media, which was precisely what I desired.

Pros

I can easily make videos of any duration due to it. The filters and collaborative tools help me save myself a considerable amount of time. The software allows me to post my content on my social media sites, which is incredibly useful. It has a relatively user-friendly interface despite being very powerful software.

Cons

The program is quite pricey compared to other software options, and the fact that most collaboration tools don't offer a free version is a significant issue.

Christoph Martin
  • Industry: Media Production

Most powerful editing software on the market for the best prize.

Reviewed on 2023/02/14

Final Cut has a somewhat different approach as to how you edit or how you use a editing software compared to other editing software solutions but once you have learned the logic behind it is an incredibly powerful software which enables you to edit anything video based.

Pros

Final Cut is super intuitive to use and learn and with a one time payment you will continually receive software updates making it the most inexpensive yet most powerful professional editing software on the market.

Cons

3rd party software integration is limited compared to Premier Pro as FCP is only available for Mac and hence has a smaller user basis.

DaVinci Resolve

Reasons for Choosing Final Cut Pro

Final Cut 7 was no longer supported and had become outdated.

Reasons for Switching to Final Cut Pro

Final Cut is the most comprehensive software solution for video editing and unlike Premiere Pro not very consumer unfriendly subscription based. With Final Cut a one time payment gives you full acces to the software which includes regular updates and newly developed features.
Tyson
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Only for full time, casual users are screwed

Reviewed on 2022/05/10

If someone has endless time to watch YouTube tutorials and call customer service, it’s probably fine. Normal people have no prayer

Pros

It used to be fairly easy to use basic functions to make simple videos. Then if I wanted to try some advanced features. But it’s a nightmare to export and upload to other sites

Cons

I literally can’t even get a photo to upload. I used to drag and drop, and use the basic functions easily. I can’t even get one photo into my project’s timeline.
Wasted 2 hours

Abegail

Final Cut Rendering and Exporting Issues

Reviewed on 2021/11/04

Pros

Final Cut Pro is an easy to use beginner-friendly app. I started using this app first to get the basics of video editing in terms of the language, effects etc, after which I migrated to other platforms that did the same thing. The ease of access never measured up to that of Final Cut Pro so I ended up switching over back to Final Cut Pro. A great thing about it is that it doesn't utilize a lot of my battery percentage so I can get longevity on my battery life when using the software. I would recommend this software to a beginner in the world of video editing.

Cons

Ater fully editing my project I was ready and eager to export for use. The rendering process took almost forever to complete but I understood based on the nature of the task. After it completed rendering I left it overnight to export. When I got up to check the project it was at 27 PERCENT!!! I cancelled it and retried and it sat there for hours before it could be exported. I had to put off my presentation. I wished there was a prompt that indicated the issue that hindered exporting.

Craig
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Final Cut Pro is Perfect for Beginners

Reviewed on 2021/12/31

This software has satisfied our needs ten-fold. We’ve created dozens of microlearnings using it and other smaller videos. It’s easy to use/beginner friendly but also powerful enough to do some really cool stuff.

Pros

Ease of use. Previously, I have only used iMovie. All of a sudden I was asked to produce microlearnings for our new LMS and Final Cut Pro was the software chosen. I felt at home immediately. I get better and better each month and I owe that to the layout and accessibility of the software itself.

Cons

I have no qualms for the software at all. If anything, I want to take the next step with my video editing skills and know I must seek training and/or instructional videos.

Carlos
Carlos
  • Industry: Import & Export

The best video editor, no discussion.

Reviewed on 2021/11/01

Fantastic, creating content in Final Cut is something I really enjoy, although my first passion is photography, video creation also occupies an important place in my life, and with this software that passion becomes even more interesting.

Pros

Let's start by emphasizing that it's an Apple product, and like everything from Apple, it's perfectly developed, design and integrated into the ecosystem.
The editing functions are so many, the effects and transitions are beautiful and useful, and, although I don't consider it easy to use, I don't consider it difficult either, with some practice you learn to use it and it becomes very fun to create audiovisual content there.
Finally, the rendering speed is lightning fast, the fastest of all video editing programs.

Cons

Absolutely nothing, and I'm being totally neutral.

Esther
Esther

Definitly in the top 5 video editing software recommended

Reviewed on 2022/11/10

Pros

If you are coming from iMovie, Final Cut Pro feels a bit more familiar and not as intimidating. Final Cut Pro is very friendly and take a lot less time to get used to compared to other pro level video editing software.

Cons

Not everyone might be able to afford the upfront lifetime cost of Final Cut Pro, and it might not be as reliable if you tend to collaborate with outside teams or enterprises.

Alberto
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

A classical for video editing

Reviewed on 2023/06/05

Pros

Final Cut Pro stands out as a feature-rich video editing software for professionals. Its sleek interface facilitates effortless creation, editing, and sharing of high-quality videos. With extensive format compatibility, including 4K and 8K, and a wide array of video and audio effects, it caters to diverse editing needs. The captioning feature ensures compliance with accessibility regulations, while the precise audio editing capabilities eliminate imperfections. Notably, the "flow" transition adds a touch of magic to transitions. Overall, Final Cut Pro offers an intuitive and cost-effective solution for powerful professional editing.

Cons

While Final Cut Pro offers a range of editing features, it falls short in certain areas. The stock effects often lack professional quality, and the organization of raw files can be confusing. Integration with After Effects is absent, requiring reliance on third-party add-ons.

Rakesh
Rakesh
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Classy features with most fastest export functionality ever

Reviewed on 2023/10/12

The first professional video editing software that I used is Final Cut Pro. Its functionalities are so simple and easy to use for video editors. And it is so faster while using and on exporting when compared with other video editing softwares in the market. They stores all the media files within the project file while importing. So that it looks faster. But, this thing requires more storage space. So that, now I switched to another video editing software.

Pros

It looks so simple for me to edit, colour corrections, adding sound effects and music. And its export functionality is much faster than other video editing softwares.

Cons

The only thing I did not like much in Final Cut Pro is, its project file occupies more space in your storage. If a cloud base storage was integrated with this software, It becomes the best one for me.

Bradley
  • Industry: Design

Good video editing suite for hobbyist or professionals.

Reviewed on 2023/11/21

Pros

Editing (trimming, cropping, syncing with audio) were all great. Importing and management of clips was also very simple and straightforward.

Cons

Buggy at times, sensitive to OS updates.

Claud

Mixed emotions

Reviewed on 2021/11/02

My overall experience with Final Cut Pro was really really nice at that time, really loved the ease of use and just generally everything about it would be highly recommended especially now in 2021, Final Cut Pro is really improving even with their latest updates! Oh my Gosh!! Am thinking of switching back to using it than using Priemere pro cause that has the error bug messages.

Pros

This software is very easy to use, once it's opened on your system everything is just there, very easy to cut, add transitions and colour grade, My best feature was using the chroma key or ultra key cause I really love filming using ta green screen and all I had to do is search "Chroma key" and drag n' drop.

Cons

this is where I've got mixed feels cause at the time of using the software back in 2015 - 2017, don't get me wrong it was a really nice software at the time but I wanted to do so much more like some really nice transitions and motion graphics or graphics, however, I felt so limited so because of that I made the switch to Adobe Premiere Pro cause it offered so much more plus that's what the pros were using, so that caused me to jump ship

Francisco José
Francisco José
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Very professional tool not for everyone

Reviewed on 2023/05/18

Great for professional environments not for your home.

Great for professional environments not for your home.

Pros

Is really professional and accurate for video edition in professional environments. The sound mixer, the frame by frame edition.

Cons

Is just to be used by professionals not for amateur, also is really expensive since tou need to pay the license and to have a Apple computer

Siaka

Reviewed on 2022/10/31

This is the best editing software for mac

This is the best editing software for mac

Pros

It is a fast software that has many features and is also easy to use. It is also stable.

Cons

I love it but it's a little too expensive. This is the only problem I have with this software

Ben
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

review final cut

Reviewed on 2022/10/09

Pros

this software is very simple for video editing and moreover free

Cons

I have not encountered any problems with this software and does its job well.

My Go To NLE Software

Reviewed on 2022/02/21

Pros

The magnetic timeline is unparalleled and the fact it's a one time payment make it very worth the money.

Cons

Having the option to be able to separate media into tracks would be helpful.

Tom
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Easily accessible high-end editing.

Reviewed on 2023/11/13

Pros

Deep toolset in a fluid, easily approachable and precise interface.

Ideal for beginners, but after passing the learning curve, there is a deeply complex program beneath. It is, therefore, ideal for both beginners and veterans.

Cons

Some functionality a UI features don't make sense when you have come from a program like Premiere Pro, however, with a learning curve you can get used to these.

Leonardo
  • Industry: Industrial Automation
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Final Cut Pro for Mac lovers, it is the best editing tools!

Reviewed on 2022/12/12

I was pleased with Final Cut Pro, it is one of the fast video editing software that someone can find in the market right now, but it is costly...

Pros

This software is without any doubt the best editing video software that you can install on your Mac! Easy to use, it has most of the functionalities that someone needs during video editing. I learned to use it on the work, it was easy to find information and explanation to make use of its functionalities, color grading, white balance, motion tracking, multicam cutting, audio edition are too easy to use!!

Cons

Although this software has many functionalities, the media library of this software is poor. Therefore, you have to buy FX + transition packages /add-ons from third parties. An example, it is the autoducking, it does not have a proper autoducking, which I use quite often on my videos, all of them have background music.

Stella
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

The app for Apple users

Reviewed on 2022/05/05

Great experience!!

Great experience!!

Pros

If you have Apple products I should say the best way to go is with Final Cut Pro. The design is beautiful and intelligent and I am sure you can even make very good materials. A feature I like more is its capacity to detect faces and objects.

Cons

I think that starting using the features of this software takes an amount of time. I could also add the price.

Trenacia
  • Industry: Entertainment

Love this!

Reviewed on 2022/03/12

As a singer and amateur editor this has become my best friend.
The pandemic saw the increase of...

As a singer and amateur editor this has become my best friend.
The pandemic saw the increase of virtual concerts and I’ve been able to produce professional looking videos to my presentations!

Pros

Although this is quite a robust tool I was able to manoeuvre through it as a beginner.

Cons

I find it crashes too much for my liking; the spinning beach ball of death is cruel.
Still a great product!

Adobe Premiere Pro
Robert
  • Industry: Music

Final Cut Pro the big brother of Imovie

Reviewed on 2023/02/14

Overall experience has been great. Something that I would like to see is perhaps a quick 10 minute tutorial about Final Cut Pro that you can select when you are a newcomer.

Pros

For me the most used options are the effects and video filters. Also the extra option of having color grading is really important, which is something that I was missing in Imovie.

Cons

It's more difficult to use when you are used to something more basic such as Imovie. But... I will say that if you are more serious about your video editing, Final Cut has way more options.

Basile
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Final cut pro

Reviewed on 2022/09/25

Pros

So cool... the amount of things you can do with it is amazing

Cons

This software is a bit expensive for my taste

Gentian

Quality in FCPX

Reviewed on 2022/08/28

I was fascinated by the lightness and effortless way that FCPX offers your work. The best for short films and music videos.

Pros

What I like most about FCPX Pro are its high quality at different levels of film and video making and countless output possibilities. Also, rendering is pretty fast in comparison to the concurrence. Then, Multicam editing is superb, a real masterpiece.

Cons

Its main trait, the magnetic timeline, at first it’s a little difficult to manage. And also the project’s file size increases over and over by the software’s background rendering activity.

Richin

Easy and Perfomance application

Reviewed on 2023/06/26

Pros

Most I like about is the friendly design of the application to easy to use.

Cons

nothing to say as far of now, its great application out in the market.

Rilwan

Great features all round

Reviewed on 2023/11/16

Pros

The range of the features the platform offers is the main selling point. The software is easy to use, for novice and professional.

Cons

The one issue I have against the software is the fact that it only works on iOS.

Simon Mateo

Master of masters

Reviewed on 2022/08/05

It is very clear that it is without a doubt the best professional image editing program with the highest standards, so on my part I am totally satisfied with its use and versatility.

Pros

It is definitely the most professional image editing software I have used so far, with great quality and versatility.

Cons

Actually, the cost is very high, also taking into account that in the market there are already not one but several editing programs with very good standards.