Grepsr

Web scraping and data extraction service

Haley U.

Good Software

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Pros

google sheets keyword list to add keywords

Cons

timezone difference has been challenging

Mike C.

Grepsr is a great partner

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

Our business model requires us to refresh our data very frequently. Grepsr has been instrumental in making that possible. Their speed and the quality of their work has always been top notch. If we ever have a problem, or would like a new feature, Grepsr responds within a day and makes the extra effort to meet our needs.

Pros

The ability to customize the crawlers for our needs. Grepsr is extremely flexible and ensures that we are able to get the data we want, when we want it - no matter how difficult it might be to obtain it.

Cons

We have been very pleased with Grepsr throughout our partnership.

Response from Grepsr

Hi Mike,
Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We're really humbled by your kind words, and we'd like to take this opportunity to say that you've also been a great partner to us.
Your feedback and suggestions over the years have contributed a lot towards improving the Grepsr platform for all our customers. We hope to continue and grow our partnership in the years ahead.

- Grepsr Team

Prithvi D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great Product! Great Service!

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Overall, I have been extremely pleased with Grepsr's product and service.

Pros

The ease of use and customisations levels are excellent.

Cons

One a few occasions the data needed to be re-processed due to inconsistency.

Girish M.
  • Industry: Research
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Excellent Scraping Service and Tools

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

The tech team is very responsive and the in-account messaging service is very convenient. Turnaround times are​ world-class. I would not hesitate to recommend their services.

Ease of Transaction

Cons

Nothing to complain about at all. Everything was great.

Chase E.

Very good!

Reviewed on 2018/02/01

Pros

I think that this tool has really helped me over the past few months in my ability to perform my
Job well

Cons

I think that sometimes this platform could be developed in a different way to make it more easy to learn

Geovane R.
  • Industry: Translation & Localization
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Review Grepsr

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Pros

Easy to use, excellent service and no delay at delivery.

Cons

Failed to scraping webmotors.

Aymeric F.

Great services

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Pros

Great support, great understanding of our needs.

Cons

No cons at all during the time we used Grepsr

Mike M.

Saved me a lot of time!

Reviewed on 2020/02/17

Pros

Grepsr saved me a ton of time and got me the information that I needed very quickly.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about their services.

Amin K.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

First scraping exp with grepse

Reviewed on 2020/08/27

Overall good, but would think of going for it the second time because the reconfigure fee is higher and needed everytime you stop the crawlers.

Pros

The customer support was great and the time taken to scrape the amount of data was less

Cons

The reconfigure/maintainence fee if you stop the crawlers ...

• Industry: Insurance

Great, custom data extraction

Reviewed on 2021/01/23

I set up a custom scrape/data extraction project. The team at Grepsr was very responsive, they troubleshooted, and made sure we got everything we needed. I have recommended them to other people because I was so impressed with the service. I have continued to use them.

Pros

They have a great web interface to set up a scraping project. They also offer custom work where a service specialist assists you with the work. The web app tracks everything, saves your project, and can automatically deliver it to Dropbox and other cloud providers in various file formats, CSV, JSON, ETC.

Cons

There was nothing that I view as a 'con' with respects to my interaction with Grepsr. Great, all around.

Peter M.
  • Industry: Sports

Grepsr support

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

I run a small business part of which entails the collecting of data on a daily basis, before coming across Grepsr this was a time consuming onerous task. Now I need do no more than simply open the file to access all my data requirements. It is a very cost effective means of obtaining data and the service provided is without doubt the best of any software company I have dealt with in my 25-years of experience

Pros

The set up was very straight forward thanks to the assistance of the staff I would like to express my gratitude to customer service representative in particular whose assistance has been invaluable

Cons

I can honestly say that in my 5-years experience with the software I cannot find anything I would change

Response from Grepsr

Thank you so much for the 5-star review, Peter!
As a data extraction service platform, our goal is always to ease the data acquisition woes of our customers so they can focus on other aspects of their business.
You've been a great partner to us and we hope this continues for many more years!

Matt S.

Grespr is the best value for the money and accuracy of the data

Reviewed on 2019/07/12

The grepsr data is key to our business

Pros

Its like flipping on a light switch or answering the telephone, it just works and is reliable and accurate

Cons

really no cons. The team is very responsive to any sort of issues or feedback but issues are few and far between

Response from Grepsr

Thank you, Matt, for such kind words!
We're delighted to have you as a long-time partner and hope to continue as your data provider for years to come.

Federico A.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Grepsr is incredibly helpful to help us gain insights faster

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

GREPSR has been essential for me to gain insights around how conversation are taking place throughout a wide variety of mediums. GREPSR helps me to understand any thing from the latest perception in shoe sneakers, to how patients are talking in a highly specific online medical forum.

Pros

- Easy to use platform
- Dedicated team that quickly answers any questions around viability of data extraction
- Data extraction arrives very quickly and helps us move faster

Cons

- Mistakes happen in data extraction exercises; 20-40% of the time I need to get back to the GREPSR team
- Large time zones are great, because GREPSR team can work on our data extraction while our team is out of office, but when questions arise, our team needs to wait for their response

Rakesh S.

Making data accessible

Reviewed on 2012/01/19

Grepsr is an action or a tool that “grep” (for grab -> extract -> process) data.
Grepsr really is easy. Extracting data is a matter of explaining requirements. You can do this either through text or uploading a file (or snapshot) or using a browser addon. The user is encouraged to add as much detail as possible while specifying requirements. The Grepsr staff gets to work immediately after the request is submitted and promise to service your request within a single day.
The interface is clean and simple, with each tab corresponding to a particular system view including your projects and extractors.

Pros

Simplifies a complex process and makes data accessible

Cons

Tools to enhance data presentation would be nice

Jeremy K.

Very helpful website scraping tool with helpful customer support

Reviewed on 2018/08/03

Pros

Grepsr provides cleanly scraped data from various websites. They save a ton of time downloading a lot of data in an organized fashion. They are easy to work with and provide helpful customer support if there are any issues.

Cons

It can be a little pricey depending on what you are looking for. Also I wish the extension was more robust so we could use that more often.

Vincent L.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Very happy with the service I receive

Reviewed on 2019/10/23

Pros

Ease of use and very quick turnaround with the data I required.

Cons

I have no cons to report, everything was perfect.

Shruti M.
  • Industry: Sports

Grepsr Makes it Simple!

Reviewed on 2020/06/13

I am a part of the UNESCO Chair reserach centre in Ireland: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] which has a foucs on using sport as a tool to achieve the Sustainable Devleopment Goals [SDGs]. My work within the research centre is to examine the opportunities and challenges for Multilateral Development Banks to invest in sport-based solutions to achieve the SDGs. I worked with Grepsr to undertake a one time extraction of data through web scraping for references made to sport, physical activity and other related keywords across four websites of MDBs; namely Asian Development Bank, The World Bank, The Inter-American Development Bank and the Islamic Development Bank. Grepsr scraped vast volumes of data over 65,000 Pdf documents and provided final files of scraped data in the format I desired. This data scraped by Grepsr will have a profound impact on my research. I will use this raw data to conduct further text analytics and identify patterns, trends and themes for investments in sport-based solutions. This data will form the founding blocks towards developing an intentional alternative source of funding for sport for devleopment initiatives that can potentially lead to healthier socities, better living conditions and improved educational outcomes.

Pros

My experience of working with Grepsr was excellent. They have an excellent team of engineers and great account management. All your questions are always answered and any issue is troubleshooted with promptness. The solutions they provide suit your needs perfectly. Their service is timely, cost effective and of high quality a combination hard to find.

Cons

I did not face any trouble. I conducted a one time data extraction and there were no problems.

Khyati S.

Excellent Data extraction solution

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

We want to remain a leader in a highly competitve inductry and hence one of our chief responsibility is to provide clean and accurate data to our clients. It is very critical for our business to acquire data on time. Before we started working with Grepsr, I researched and spoke to several other web scraping agencies and after doing a thourough analysis, came to a conclusion that Grepsr is the best provider for our use case. Setting up the projects with Grepsr was very easy and convenient and they were able to provide the data to us in minimum turnaround time and the lowest rates. They are easy to work with and definitely pros in this space. I would definitely recommend them to other organizations trying to solve their data acquisition problems.

Pros

1. Convenient
2.Easy to use
3. Low turnaround time
4. Low cost

Cons

1. Being in a different timezone leads to a latency at times

Response from Grepsr

Thank you, Khyati, for the detailed review! We're delighted that you chose us as your data provider and find our service worthy. Customer satisfaction is our topmost priority, so we're committed to provide better service day after day.

While Grepsr's business hours may not synchronize with many of our clients owing to the different timezone, we do try to address urgent issues as promptly as we can whatever the time of day at our end.

Thank you once again for such a positive review, and we look forward to growing our partnership in the future.

Spencer C.
  • Industry: Information Services

Prompt and accurate

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

Pros

Grepsr supplied me with nice clean data exactly to my specifications. I hope to use the service again soon.

Cons

Nothing negative to comment on. Haven’t used all the features though.

Priyanka V.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Improvements/Suggestion

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

I feel constantly updated about my request - Prompt replies by reps.

Pros

it's good.
Team is great
Appreciate the quick turn around

Cons

1. It would be great to have web platform to see the status of all file and download from there. Email updates sometimes are repeated or sometimes go in spam

2. Can we have the functionality of running the software in live or like pull new posts every month, rather than running the entire query again?

Response from Grepsr

Hi Priyanka,
We really appreciate your taking the time to leave the review and suggestions.
We do have a web-based platform (app.grepsr.com) where users can preview & download their data, run on-demand, customize data delivery & crawl schedules, and much more.
We always look forward to hearing from our customers. We'll definitely take the suggestions for improvement on board and work towards making the app even better.
Thanks!

Lance H.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Invaluable Service

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Customer service has been great. They are very helpful getting the information you need.

Pros

The Grespr service makes gathering and processing information extremely easy. Saves a lot of time and has helped build key data sets.

Cons

At times the output comes out incorrectly or misses information.

Gayatri K.

Super useful tool! Always delivers with great results.

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Pros

The efficiency is unparalleled. Grepsr gets me the data I need in record time.

The support staff at Grepsr is great! Anytime there is an issue (which isn't often), they're always quick to respond.

Cons

Very occasionally, there'll be a snag in the data in terms of it all not being there, or a file looking weird. However, the support staff is SO responsive that any issue I have gets resolved in no time!

Response from Grepsr

Thank you for the positive review, Gayatri!
Everyone here at Grepsr is highly committed to our clients' success. We hope to continue our collaboration for a long time to come.

Aniruddh P.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Clean Deliverables, Good Service

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Pros

Got what I needed at a fair price. Customer service was clear and helpful. Deliverables were problem-free and prompt.

Cons

I would love more opportunities to brainstorm approaches to data collection with Grepr team members.

Genevieve L.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Prompt, detail-oriented work and great customer support

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Responsive customer support and a diligent team that strives to provide the best output - will highly recommend

Pros

Prompt support delivered with incredible customer service. They were always responsive and addressed all questions. He also went the extra mile in helping us scope the relevant websites in order to have the most well organized output.

Cons

It would be great if there were some added capabilities (e.g. machine learning) that could help sort unstructured data into their respective fields.

Martin K.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Effective web scraping tool

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

Excellent customer support, fast response, good data quality at a good price.

Pros

Prompt customer service, excellent data quality, cost effective price structre.

Cons

Not as self serve, need developer intervention.