Pages

Productivity and word processing software

Christian
Christian

Great Word Processing for Mac and iOS devices

Reviewed on 2022/02/04

I use Pages to create project and user documentation for software we have built or are building. I also have been using it outside of work for personal documents I need to create, collaborate on, or share.

Pros

Pages comes free on any Mac or iOS device and integrates seamlessly with iCloud, making it easy to get started and continued collaboration. No subscription like other big-name word processors.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve if you’re used to other big-name word processors, but any user using a Mac or iOS device should be able to pick it up pretty quickly if they’re used to the OS design language.

Jay
  • Industry: Media Production

Pages is MS Word on steroids.

Reviewed on 2022/06/08

We use Pages daily for writing sophisticated video scripts as well as business proposals. It is so intuitive to use that you never feel yourself "fighting" the application to get anything accomplished. It is truly best in class among any of it's competition.

Pros

The layout, ease of use, and insert capabilities make Pages the best option for document creation, period. Also, special mention should be noted of how many customization options are included to fine tune to your work preferences.

Cons

Honestly there's not any qualities about Pages that I find troubling. It is by far the most flexible authoring software available.

Kenyatta
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Pages a friend for writers

Reviewed on 2021/07/26

Pros

I love using during my drafting and first writing. It's easy to keep track of word counts and changes.

Cons

Those that do not use Pages cannot open which poses a problem.

Daniel

Great value

Reviewed on 2022/01/19

great. it just works. Apple knows how to win at producing great products that are beautiful and do a great job

Pros

Apple works...it looks good and does what it is supposed to do.

Cons

not sure. I'm pretty happy with what it delivers.

Google Docs and Microsoft Word

Reasons for Choosing Pages

bought a Mac

Microsoft Word

Reasons for Switching to Pages

didn't want to buy another subscription service (office 365)
Anna

Good program, but incompatible

Reviewed on 2022/04/10

I loved using it and the step of switching to google docs was hard for me in the beginning. I did get quite a few design ideas from the program though which I implemented in my google doc designs.

Pros

It certainly has a great variety of tools available. I first started using it, because I loved the simplicity of using the design ideas it offered. It was faster and 'cooler' plus simpler and more modern than word.

Cons

It's incompatibility with other similar programs. This was the very reason that as an organization we actually switched from Pages to Google Docs, because Pages was only available for anybody using a Mac which didn't make it that much of a practical tool especially in light of working in 3rd world countries where people don't have easy 'mac access'.

Tom

I Love Pages - Great Word Processor Alternative

Reviewed on 2022/10/24

Any time I go to write a script, list, or anything, I open Pages and never really think twice. It's a perfect word processor and I really urge anyone who's overpaying for word to check it out. Of course, if you don't have an Apple machine, you'll have to use a browser version, but with some experience there, I'd say that's serviceable as well.

Pros

Honestly, I love Pages. Obviously, market share goes to Microsoft Word, but I started using Pages when it went free when I was in University and I never went back. I use it any time I'm writing something for personal reasons, and I don't see why I'd ever change. It's completely free and has any feature you'd want.

Cons

There's really nothing to dislike about Pages. I've used it for over a decade and have never really had a complaint.

Cushi
Cushi

A powerful word processor with a focus on Design

Reviewed on 2022/11/30

Pages allows me to do everything from flushing out ideas, to delivering a polished, finished project. For example, if I want to create an e-book, with Pages, I can take rough notes, proofread and edit those notes, layout a page style and even design a cover.Pages also allows me to make presentations, write letters, draft ideas, take notes on interviews with clients and more.

Pros

I love that Pages provides a powerful word processor that is specifically aimed at creatives, like me. It bridges the gap between word processor and design software in a seamless way. It is as easy to create a professional letter as it is to create a beautiful flyer. It can even be used to lay out a website, create newsletters and much more.

Cons

What I like least about Pages is that it is integrated into Apple products. For the most part, I utilize and prefer Google apps like Drive, Sheets, etc although Pages is my preferred word processor over Google Docs.

Clean

Reviewed on 2023/06/18

My experience is wonderful, I used this app every day

My experience is wonderful, I used this app every day

Pros

It’s a very easy to use app. Like others word process apps this one is very clean and elegant, it has a lot of options and it’s powerful and light

Cons

I don’t like that is limit to an apple system, in this system is very light and optimized, but in others (windows…) is not. Right now is the only thing that I don’t like

César
César
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

The best alternative out there

Reviewed on 2022/04/24

In my opinion it is a great alternative to Microsoft Word, if you have Apple devices, it is the best option. A simple program, but well thought out. One of the best word processors on the market.

Pros

It's a great word processor, it's simple but intuitive, it has all the necessary tools and features for everyday use, and the interface is clean, minimalist, and easy to use. Integration with the entire Apple ecosystem is a great addition. The mobile versions are very well optimized, which helps a better adaptation. In conclusion, it is a great word processor.

Cons

It has very few weak points, perhaps it needs to optimize the web version of the program, but it is a simple program and very well thought out, it has enough and that is enough.

Tanya

So much better than MS Word

Reviewed on 2023/07/03

Pros

I use pages to create inserts, handouts, flyers. It feels more intuitive than MS Word and overall is easier to use. It works really well for dividing a page into multiples and I like the tool bars. Exporting to pdf once complete is a breeze and it translates well.

Cons

Deleting pages in a document is sometimes tricky.

Brittany
  • Industry: Human Resources

Easy to use, a must for students & others too.

Reviewed on 2023/05/04

Pages was great. I took notes in college and even wrote papers on it.

Pages was great. I took notes in college and even wrote papers on it.

Pros

I love having all my Apple products. Pages is easy to use and has helpful hints along the way if you are stuck.

Cons

At first it was very difficult to get used to since I always used word.

Jonathan

Not quite InDesign or Affinity Publisher, but a great free alternative.

Reviewed on 2022/10/12

If you're creating simple documents, or even media-loaded ebooks on a Mac, Pages is really powerful software considering it's free. It even streamlines uploading ebooks directly to the Apple Bookstore. And for not being professional software, it's giving Affinity and Adobe a run for their money.

Pros

If you use a Mac, the tight integration with the OS is a dream. We also enjoy the rich Ebook export features. We just finished a digital press kit for a client with embedded photo carousels and music and found that recipients of the ebook version were more likely to respond because of the experience. And putting that experience together was much easier than professional software from Affinity or Adobe.

Cons

Well, Pages isn't professional software and lacks advanced integrations (like Adobe Bridge) with all your connected brand resources. Calling the photo picker loads the local Photos library. Music picker loads the local music library, etc. I haven't used the software with MacOS Server, so I don't know if that changes things.

Sarah
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Easy way to access all of your documents on Apple products

Reviewed on 2023/05/03

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to retrieve documents from another apple device.

Cons

They do not have a whole lot of shortcuts like Microsoft, but I love it regardless.

Summer
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Pages - you dont have a choice with MAC.

Reviewed on 2022/08/06

With Mac you do not have a choice, you really have to use pages. However, it is generally a good software without major glitches, and doesn't slow your computer down. It is relatively easy to use and self explanatory. It is of course NOT compatible with Microsoft / android so you have to always remember to export files as word or as pdf.

Pros

It works well isn't generally glitchy and has a lot of adaptability. You can export to other formats for other computers etc and you can actually open up a word document on a mac and then edit with pages.

Cons

My biggest issue with pages is its grumpiness. It randomly decides to stop allowing a document to be saved and says the document is not editable - even though all permissions are set. It is so strange and extremely frustrating!

Joy
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Pages Review

Reviewed on 2021/07/22

Pros

Pages is a good program for word processing, but I love it more for the ability to manipulate and layer pictures easily. I am able to create graphics for advertising and showcasing my work for my website, Facebook posts, and Pinterest posts. I have also used Pages extensively for creating newsletters, and much prefer it to Word for this.

Cons

For word processing, I prefer Microsoft Word because it is more widely used and most people are able to open a Word document, whereas many are not able to open Pages on their computer. If I use Pages, I have to put the document in a PDF format so that others with PCs can open it.

Useful app for creating documents across Apple devices

Reviewed on 2021/05/09

I like using Pages because it fits in well with my Apple ecosystem. The interface clears away all the unneeded features so I can just get to work without clutter. However, I've noticed that something as simple as formatting bullet lists can turn into a big deal. Once you get used to it, you'll figure out where the settings are so it is manageable if you don't have a lot of heavy formatting requirements. It's a great alternative to Microsoft Office if you are invested in the Apple ecosystem and don't need all the bells and whistles.

Pros

It's so easy to create documents and access them or handoff to other Apple devices. It's simple interface makes it easy to open quickly and get started.

Cons

Many of the features are kind of hidden to keep the interface simple. This can result in making it more difficult to create documents with a lot of formatting.

Iheanyi
  • Industry: Hospitality

Your Apple Document creator

Reviewed on 2023/05/04

Pros

It's lovely that this software creates all document format. It can also serve as a security feature leaving the document in the format it was designed with rather than exporting to work, excel etc.

Cons

Due to the versatility of windows, documents created with pages without conversion will not be accessed on windows.

Nathan

Really good alternative to Word

Reviewed on 2023/08/20

Pros

It’s really intuitive and easy to use, also already comes with the IOS so it’s super easy to use

Cons

Could have more templates and an option to use without downloading

Kassidy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Pages are the best for the ones that are on the go

Reviewed on 2023/01/16

still using it to this day and always will its one of the best I have ever used

still using it to this day and always will its one of the best I have ever used

Pros

its easy to use, and easy to understand, its just like using Microsoft word, and its very easy to share things from other programs to pages

Cons

some of the updates weren't that great, and there are a few bugs whenever an update comes out doesn't always tell you it needs an update till the last min

Fabian

Pages - Apple’s Word Tool

Reviewed on 2022/07/27

Pros

Great word document generation platform. I love how it has templates which can be edited to create a your ideal document. Toolbar comes stacked with options as well.

Cons

In my experience, most colleagues and friends use Microsoft Word. therefore when sharing files I have to remember to convert files to format accessible to them.

Llanoi
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Pages

Reviewed on 2021/11/02

Pros

Easy to use word processing tool which enables users to create and manage documents. It’s toolbar enables us to edit & format the document to our liking as well as insert tables, charts and so on in order to enhance the document.

Cons

I haven’t found any issues with the software as yet.

Radosław

The Must-Have Text Editor

Reviewed on 2023/04/06

Pages is a great tool for creating all kinds of documents, from simple memos to professional reports.

Pros

The biggest pros of Pages is its user-friendly interface and intuitive design.

Cons

It's not so great for collaborating with people who don't use Apple products. So, if you're trying to work on a project with a PC user or someone using different software, it might cause some headaches.

Jordan

The Best Essay Writer

Reviewed on 2022/01/06

Pros

Does EVERYTHING you need, interacts with every common text file format including Word, simplistic interface makes it easy not to get lost.

Cons

Absolutely nothing works exactly how you want it to.

Tiara
  • Industry: Hospitality

Simple word documentation

Reviewed on 2022/02/10

Pages overall fits my persona needs. I can create beautiful documents that I can send for personal use.

Pros

There are many templates for your project making your documents look beautiful with little effort. Also, you can export in multiple formats if you want to send a file to something other than a Mac.

Cons

You can export into multiple formats, however you can't import any other format. If a Word user sends you a document, you won't be able to view it which can be very limiting in a business sense.

Nicola
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Pages review

Reviewed on 2023/03/28

Pros

Personally I appreciate the ease of use with the Ipad and the possibility to share easily on the cloud

Cons

I would like to have the possibility to import a full pdf file from the app