Keynote

Software for creating and editing custom presentations

Raquel
Raquel
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Power Point? What's that?

Reviewed on 2022/06/24

Pros

Mother of God. I can't live without this tool. I love how simple and intuitive it is. I don't want to know anything more about Power Point. For me, Keynote is the best in interface, animations and design.

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say about her. I find it perfect.

Javier
  • Industry: Entertainment

Keynote is the perfect option for those that aren't graphic designers

Reviewed on 2022/04/18

Even when the main use of this software is to create slideshows, if you master it enough , it can become your main graphic design tool, specially if you need to make graphics for your live streaming or create a small intro for your show (my case).
If you're a mac user, switch to Keynote. It has more integration to other apps and between devices (you can control your slideshows on a mac using your iPhone app, either using bluetooth or Wifi. That features is really cool.

Pros

The interface is easier to understand that powerpoint, and has a lot of more features. It's important to clarify that this is an Apple product, available on Macs, iPhones and iPads. There's an option to access Keynote from a web browser on a PC once you setup an iCloud account, so you can create / modify files from the web, but it will depend of your browser and internet connection.

Cons

It's Mac / iOS only, doesn't have a PC app. A desktop app for PC integrated to an iCloud account would be great to attract PC users

Vasanti
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 2023/01/15

Pros

When I got a MacBook I switched from Powerpoint to keynote seamlessly. Very customizable and easy to figure out.

Cons

The only thing that has been a little tricky is imbedding audio and video. It’s easy enough to do depending on the file types, it’s in ensuring it plays correctly that has been tricky as well as being able to edit it.

Steve
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Keynote - great for pastors!

Reviewed on 2022/02/18

On the whole, it's been helpful, but I definitely prefer both PowerPoint and Slides over Keynote.

Pros

I love the aesthetically pleasing templates that Keynote offers you when choosing to create a presentation! Of all the options, Keynote definitely looks the best.

Cons

I don't like the need to (apparently) constantly update the app on my laptop. One time, I failed to update Keynote for a long period of time (my fault, I admit), but it really screwed up my ability to access older presentations.

Reasons for Choosing Keynote

I made the switch because I switched from a PC to a Mac.

Juan Pablo
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

excellent tool for professional presentations

Reviewed on 2022/07/06

It has helped me to professionalize my presentations, providing better graphics and complete management of exposure times.

Pros

the user interface is very intuitive and provides many possibilities to professionalize project presentations

Cons

poor compatibility with windows software and complementary tools

Reasons for Choosing Keynote

for the graphics and the possibilities to animate and automate my presentations more efficiently

Reasons for Switching to Keynote

for the possibilities of improving the graphics and animations of the presentations
Azeem

It is more than just a Presentation Software

Reviewed on 2022/04/09

I am able to turn around faster, think clearer and experiment with agility.

I am able to turn around faster, think clearer and experiment with agility.

Pros

There's never been a product easier than Keynote I have ever used in my entire career.
I use Keynote for presentations, pitch templates, UI design, graphic designing and sometimes video as well. This software is simple by design and just lets you experiment by giving a blank canvas.

For creative people, sometimes not having a bunch of templates is a boon because it frees you up from restrictions imposed by simply looking at a template and how it can be. Keynote let's you CREATE and that's the best part about it.

Cons

With more shapes and pre-loaded media, Keynote could go to a whole new level altogether. But other than that, there's nothing missing with Keynote.

Kunal
  • Industry: Legal Services

Excellent is the word

Reviewed on 2022/11/16

Excellent, I would suggest everyone to get over with PPT and use Keynote instead. It is super easy to use and comes with excellent functionality.

Pros

It is an Apple product and comes with best quality. I had always been using PPT or Prezi, but since I discovered this gem, I have stopped using anything else. It has all the functionality that you can imagine in a top or popular software (Prezi or PPT) and the best part is it comes free with purchase of any Apple product. I might never go back to PPT, it is so cliche.

Cons

There was nothing much to not like, but if I have to pick up something, then it will the fact when we export Keynote to PPT we might lose some formatting or fonts etc. Other than that, there is nothing that bothers me using Keynote.

Microsoft PowerPoint, Doodly, Google Slides, Canva and Prezi

Reasons for Choosing Keynote

I wanted to try Keynote and once I tried it, I could not go back to any of my previous choices. Keynote was so easy to use and full of quality features.

Reasons for Switching to Keynote

Keynote is not only simple, but has features contained in paid softwares.
Dan
  • Industry: Photography

Keynote for Mac Users and works with Microsoft too

Reviewed on 2022/07/26

Great. As an Apple user I love being able to use an iPad, iPhone or Macbook to edit my files. The files are reliable and look really great for presentations or lessons that I give.

Pros

This software utilizes integration with the cloud, for easy access and editing from anywhere. It is very comparable to Powerpoint, just takes a little getting used to where everything is. I think some features work better in Keynote while others are better in Powerpoint.

Cons

Getting used to a different interface was a minor annoyance and worth it. The good news is Numbers, Keynote and Pages are very similar in their tool layouts, so learn one and you learn them all, to an extent.

Fabian

Keynote - Presentation Tool

Reviewed on 2022/08/15

Overall, I believe Keynote is superior to other platforms and I’ve enjoyed my experience thus far.

Pros

Keynote is an efficient, fully loaded tool which aids the user create and deliver quality presentations. I love it’s animations and transitions and its ability to continuously show a presentation on loop.

Cons

In terms of draw backs, keynotes could use more design templates in order to better aid users create presentations.

Angelo

Great tool for presentations

Reviewed on 2022/03/06

Pros

Keynote is a great tool to build presentations. Intuitive and with the necessary features to create good material

Cons

Some innovative features that I value are not supported by the application, which makes it lag behind some alternatives

Matej
  • Industry: Media Production

Best for Mac users

Reviewed on 2022/04/26

Keynote is a great tool for presentations, but not the one I use the most. The only reason for that is the fact that our company usually demands presentation files for Powerpoint or links to Google Slides. Converting files then becomes somewhat of a hassle. Otherwise, it is really easy to set up slides. I use Keynote whenever I can present from my computer.

Pros

It works seamlessly with any Apple device. Design options are superior to Google Slides or Powerpoint. I can move slides with my Apple watch!

Cons

I like Keynote, but only use it when I am 100 % certain I would be able to use my computer to present. If that is not the case, I usually do the presentation in Google Slides. I am not too happy with exporting to other formats (due to some minor design changes).

Donald

Keynote

Reviewed on 2022/10/06

We use Keynote often in our environment. I came from a PowerPoint world and was able to adapt to Keynote fairly quickly. Being a MAC School, I love having a product that I can use without having to pay for PowerPoint

Pros

This is an easy software to learn. Ports over easily from PowerPoint. I love the drag and drop features

Cons

I don't see many Cons with this software once you get past the learning stage

We are a Mac School, plus cost considerations

We are a Mac School, plus cost considerations
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Great way to make engaging presentations

Reviewed on 2022/12/10

Great software to make presentations with!

Great software to make presentations with!

Pros

Keynote is an invaluable software that has helped me make very engaging and interesting presentations. One of the best features is that Keynote has a variety of available templates! They have templates for more visual types of presentations and also have templates for formal presentations -so there is something for everyone. Keynote is very easy to learn and to use, I believe there is a new users guide that one is introduced to but everything is pretty self explanatory and easy to get used to. There are many tools and features within Keynote that you can change to make the presentation your style! You can choose different fonts, different colours, different page set ups and etc. I have always used keynote for my presentations and find that I am easily able to create aesthetic and nice presentations. Keynote helps me becomes more efficient and saves me time as it is very convenient to use.

Cons

I don't have much to say about the dislikes - I really do enjoy using Keynote. If I had to give a suggestion, I would recommend that the developers of Keynote keep adding more templates! I recognize that they may already be doing this so this is just a suggestion.

Review for Keynote Apple

Reviewed on 2022/10/16

Good selling presentations

Good selling presentations

Pros

Compatibility with PowerPoint, iCloud storage, good templates

Cons

New version brings many changes user has to get used to

Cody

Keynote sings a high note

Reviewed on 2022/12/13

It’s had it’s frustrating moments.

It’s had it’s frustrating moments.

Pros

It was easy to integrate with other Mac devices. Being able to upload videos and images fairly hassle free has helped my non-profit quite a lot.

Cons

I don’t like that I can’t copy and paste from PowerPoint or Google slides into Keynote. It’s basically Keynote or nothing.

Larissa
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Allows the creation of beautiful materials

Reviewed on 2022/05/12

Pros

Keynote allows you to create beautiful materials, with detailed tools that no other presentation software has. I can create presentations that bring engagement because of the design details that Keynote brings.

Cons

The fact that only those who have a MacBook can use it is a disadvantage when I need to work on shared documents, making it difficult for many people to access. In addition, presentations tend to take up a lot of storage, and it is sometimes necessary to use Keynote through iCloud, with extremely limited resources, making my work difficult.

• Industry: Media Production

Best visual presentations software

Reviewed on 2022/05/19

KeyNote allows me to have unlimited creativity both on video editing and Graphic Design

Pros

I thing KeyNote takes the cup mostly on visual side on presentation software:
- The user interface is not intimidating it is user friendly and it is easy to navigate and search for tools.
- The 3D chart animation makes an impressive presentation.
- The animation tools such as building, actions and built out, multiple objects, motion paths, magic move produce an engaging content from 2D motion graphic to customized Gif cards or Gif posts.
- The software has amazing preset templates for different type of presentations.
- Background image removal tool saves time instead of taking image to professional photo software first.

Cons

- The keynote is only accessible to Mac users.
- The KeyNote limits on exporting file types compared to its competitor's softwares.

• Industry: Computer Hardware

Incredible animations

Reviewed on 2022/10/20

Pros

You can achieve the best quality animated presentation with this “entry level” software. Using the transitions, animations plugins and tools you can obtain amazing results

Cons

Is hard to use it out of IOS enviroment. You will have many troubles exporting this file to a .ppt and using it in a PC. If your presentation will be not showed in a Mac, please don’t use it

Keynote review

Reviewed on 2023/10/04

I like it very much, very friendly used, lots of options and integration with other programs is amazing

Pros

Comparing to other programs , it runs faster and integrated with media

Cons

It only runs in Apple and when it’s needed in another computer, Other programs are usually more available

Jillian
  • Industry: Design

Use this every day!

Reviewed on 2022/07/19

Pros

I use Keynote every day, it is perfect for creating client mood boards

Cons

Nothing, it is super easy to use and we use for every client

• Industry: Design

Simple and effective!

Reviewed on 2023/01/23

Pros

The best part is the simplicity and intuitiveness of the tool for developing beautiful and functional slides. The software is more fluid than power point and google slides in the functions of dragging text boxes and images and seems to be easier to apply than you imagine. The application of animations is fluid and very simple.

Cons

I haven't found any negative points yet. The interface is very well constructed.

ultimate tool for creating engaging presentations

Reviewed on 2023/01/15

Pros

Keynote is a great tool for students in engineering and other fields, as it helps them to create engaging and professional-looking presentations. It offers a wide range of customizable templates, animations, and visual effects that make it easy to create dynamic and interactive presentations. The ability to add multimedia elements such as videos and images makes it a great tool for showcasing projects and research in a more engaging way.

Cons

Apple did a great job with keynote, no cons to report.

Oli
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Favorite presentation software of all time

Reviewed on 2023/02/08

Pros

Some of the features I like most about Keynote include its customizable templates, built-in media library, ability to add 3D objects and animations, and support for real-time collaboration with other users.

Cons

Sometime I find Keynote's features and tools overwhelming for basic or simple presentations, and may prefer a more streamlined solution.

Probably the easiest way to make great presentations

Reviewed on 2022/07/09

Pros

The tool is free for all apple devices. It is very easy to put together a great presentation. The embedded templates are very neat.

Cons

I love everything about this tool, prefer to use it way more than competition.

• Industry: Research
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Charismatic presentation tool

Reviewed on 2022/11/20

Pros

It is very stylish and easy to use. It is more innovative and beautiful than Power Point. They have nice templates. Themes are great. Presentations can be saved as HTML. Elegant presentations, fonts.

Cons

Sometimes it slows down. On some devices it runs slowly or even does not boot.