FastPIPE Reviews

FastPIPE

Write a Review!
Plumbing & mechanical estimating software for contractors

4.8/5
4.5/5
4.7/5
4.9/5

David

FastWRAP

Reviewed on 2019/11/11

Pros

FastWRAP insulation software has doubled the amount of projects we can bid and increased our sales to match. It allows us to send electronic copies of project prints that show the highlighted systems to be insulated in color. Not only does it save time and money in the office, but in the field as well. The technical support is fast, personal and knowledgeable about the product. It makes figuring bulletins and change orders simple and easy to read for other contractors and building owners. The software is very flexible allowing for a range of pricing, labor and the ability to add in personal estimating "extras" that compete a bid. The training sessions are informative and paced to include everyone's ability's.

Cons

Over the last four years we have not experienced any issues with FastWRAP.

Jack

Feedback

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Customer support is excellent.
I was putting is extra time on the week-end bidding and take-off...

Customer support is excellent.
I was putting is extra time on the week-end bidding and take-off of a motel last year . I had an issue with the program not working properly (not sure what happened), but put a call in early Sunday morning and had a response with-in two hours. FastEst Rep had me back up and running with-in minutes.

Pros

User friendly and the maneuverability thru-out the program.

Cons

Not able to copy a second plan. Example. (I load up the plans needed, but sometimes, I would like to be able to have a second copy of a single sheet, but not been able to do that).

Response from FastEST

Thank you for your review, Jack! We appreciate your feedback.

Call us whenever you have a few minutes (800-828-7108). There are a couple of ways you can get a second copy of the same plan into your estimate, and we're happy to show you how.

Bradley

Mission

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

I like that it does everything that you can do

I like that it does everything that you can do

Pros

It helps with labor And material for projects

Cons

Set up and updates it takes time and you can not back up in the cost

Brad

Fastpipe

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Pros

Very easy to learn and navigate, Fast takeoffs

Cons

1. Can not update original drawings with addendum drawings.
2. Can not preform area square foot measurements on the drawing.
3. Its hard to quickly take off multiple items.

Response from FastEST

Thank you for your review, Brad! We appreciate your feedback.

Let us know when you have some time to chat -- we can fill you in on numerous helpful features within our FastPIPE program.

These include, but aren't limited to: Plan Overlay and Plan Replacement (both helpful when it comes to addenda plans and other revised estimate drawings); setting up a Job Item for calculating measurements like area per square foot, lengths per linear foot, etc; and the use of assemblies, AutoConnect, and the new QuickPick menu (all helpful ways to help you take off your estimates faster).

Thank you again for your review, Brad!

Chuck

Reviewed on 2012/08/23

When I first looked into FastEST products in 1997, there were plenty of other options out there. Over time, we have watched those competing companies get bought out, merge with others and some go out of business altogether.

Accuracy is a big concern when it comes to estimating in general. With the high pressure to kick out large volumes of estimates, mistakes are easy to make and in some cases, cost people their businesses. FastEST provides a high level of transparency in their products, making it very easy for managers to review estimates before they are sent out. All of the data is exported to excel where it can be analyzed, cut and diced into manageable chunks and quickly compared to historical data. Many other programs claim to do this, but are not as seamless.

We are fortunate to belong to several trade organizations and had the opportunity to ask our competitors what programs they were using. We were amazed to find out they had spent thousands of dollars on other programs and never made it to full implementation. After talking with these people the reason why became more and more apparent. If it is not intuitive and easy to understand, it will simply not get used. Many estimators are brought up through the ranks in the field, into the office and expected to understand computers. FastEST shines in the power of simplicity. While most other programs require a week training or more, we can have someone up and going in a matter of a few hours. The interface is very user-friendly.

When its crunch time a call back or a response to an email is too long to wait! Although I would have to say emergencies have been quite rare with the program, when issues have arisen, a quick phone call and the support staff will get you back on your feet. Like anyone that knows what they are doing, they make it look easy and they are almost always done in a matter of minutes. Other programs we have used require an email to be sent before you are even placed in the queue.

In 1997 when I first started using the program, we were doing strip malls and gas stations. We now use the program to estimate all manner of public and medical facilities well into the ten million dollar range. This is a product that can help you grow your business and grow with your business. We have been fortunate to have FastEST as a partner in our business and contribute much of our success to the power of the program.

Robert

Plumbing Contractor

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Consistency. When I manually do a takeoff, the amounts can vary from one time to the next. When I use FASTPIPE, your numbers are the same.

Pros

When you are performing a takeoff, when you click on the next fitting, it automatically fills in the pipe size, length and hangers.

Cons

There are a few fitting I never use on the first sheet, and some I use all the time that are on sheet 3. If I could arrange the fitting list so the most popular items were all on one screen.

Response from FastEST

Bob, thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback.

Give us a call when you have a few minutes (800-828-7108). We can show you how to easily customize your fitting takeoff buttons, so your most comonly used items are on the front page of fittings. These settings are accessible within any specific piping spec.

Thanks again for all of your valuable input!

Jeffrey

Best I've used

Reviewed on 2019/11/01

Fastest is a wonderful program. If you are looking to bid and win more jobs this is the product to buy.

Pros

Fastpipe is very easy to get up and running. The service after the sale is superior. When you have questions someone is always available and usually right away. It has a huge database and I am able to tackle any size job. The assemblies are very useful. All takeoff is done on screen using only a mouse and keyboard. The ability to color code the takeoff is wonderful. I've used all types of estimating software in the last 30 years and when the time came for me to start my company the choice was Fast-pipe.

Cons

I can honestly say that Fastpipe has very few cons and I can't think of any at the moment.

efrain
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Very Efficient

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

It has solved our estimation quote problems. ours numbers have gotten a lot more closer than they were before.

Pros

Program is very flexible. It will allow you to get as detailed as possible or you can make it as basic as you want and still get an accurate reading of what you are trying to do.

Cons

updating pricing is a hassle. other estimating programs i use i just update and it is done. with this program, i have to go in and adjust pricing due to pre-loaded specs.

Response from FastEST

Thank you for your review of our FastPIPE program, Efrain! We truly value your feedback as a customer.

Reach out to us at any point at 800-828-7108; we'd be happy to discuss our material pricing updates with you. Usually, we can just adjust your template specs one time, then they should be synchronized with the corresponding material prices from the catalog.

Thanks again for your review!

Guinn

Fast and Intuitive, Beginning to End

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

I absolutely dig this program. I can't imagine that I would be able to get started estimating with nearly no direction, and that I would be able to be awarded project after project based on this estimating software. Incredible!

Pros

My knowledge of estimating software was minimal when I was placed in the estimating position just over a year ago. FastPIPE was super easy to learn and use because it is very intuitive.

Cons

It would be great if there were more images for the assemblies that I might choose to create. But then I would be asking for more, possibly obscure, assemblies and I realize that not every situation can be accounted for when setting up assemblies.

Response from FastEST

Thank you for your review, Guinn. We appreciate your feedback!

Feel free to reach out to us at 800-828-7108 at your convenience. We can show you how to add any image or snapshot into your new or existing assemblies -- you can copy and paste it from the details plan in your bid set, or snip an image from the internet, to name a few examples.

Jeffrey

Best in Industry, in my opinion

Reviewed on 2017/08/16

I believe this is the highest quality estimating system you can buy. The support is awesome, problems resolved within an hour at most. easy to learn... I could go on but at a minimum give theses guys a chance if you are looking to buy a system.

Pros

This program allows me to estimate with speed and confidence. I have the right material and labor every time. Great for young estimators and old dogs like me. Packed with everything I need and lots of features. With this program I can tackle any project that comes my way. I can't tell you how impressed I am without you thinking I work for the company. But the truth is the truth and this program is the best I ever used.

Cons

If it was only FREE but I digress. It would be nice to have more mark up functions such as clouding.

clifford

proj. cor.

Reviewed on 2022/10/18

I AM NOT SURE WHAT KIND OF SOLVED PROBLEMS YOU ARE REFERING TO. THE TAKE OFF PROCEEDURE IS SLOWER THAN MANUEL, FOR ME, BUT THE OVER all IMPLEMENTATION OF THE BID IS SURER AND FASTER

Pros

THE THINGS I LIKE MOST, THE KEEPING UP TO DATE MATERIAL PRICING, THE SUPPORT IS UNBEATABLEWHEN YOU NEED HELP YOU GET IT (PROBLEMS USUALY come at INCONVENIENT TIME) THERE SEEMES TOBE A CONTEMPLATED EFFORT TO KEEP THINGS simple.

Cons

I HAVE EXPRESSED IN THE PAST THAT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF THE DIFFRENT TYPS OF MATERIALS (TYP M-L -L -C&C) WERE AVABLE ON THE SAME TAKE OF SCREEN. I SHOULD HAVE SAID HOW I HAVE TO CHANGE TAKE OFF`S screens?

Daniel

great software

it's in the Pros

it's in the Pros

Pros

there customer service is the best , i think our company is one of the beta users .They have got the best system in the industries . they have a great team . always looking to make it easy to use . I have had to call them numerous times , it was't the software it was me

Cons

i have no comments , it's very ease to work with

Response from FastEST

Thank you so much for your review, Dan!

We truly value your feedback, especially as one of our most loyal and long-standing customers.

Please reach out at any point, if you need any assistance or have any questions or suggestions. Thanks again!

Michael

Fast Pipe

Reviewed on 2019/11/01

need to work on integration with supply house and need to work excavation features

Pros

Accuracy is excellent.
The online meetings are very helpful.
Customization is very simple

Cons

I don't fast pipes excel form there very difficult to use.
It would be better if layer the take off.
The creating of assemblies is to many steps

Response from FastEST

Mike, thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback.

We'd be happy to assist with any spreadsheet customization or perhaps tying into a preferred spreadsheet that you already utilize. We can also assist you with some tips on building assemblies (including copying items from your existing Takeoff, and pasting it right into a new Assembly).

Thanks again, Mike!

Ron

Plumbing contractor review

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

The ability to see what was actually "taken off" therefore streamlining the bidding process and becoming more efficient overall.

Pros

1.The ease and speed at which a takeoff can be performed.
2.The ease at which changes could be made to an existing takeoff if material types changed midway through a bid.
3. The speed at which change orders can be produced.

Cons

Setting up different specs can be somewhat daunting.

Response from FastEST

Thank you for your review, Ron. We appreciate your feedback.

Reach out to us at any time -- we'd be happy to assist you with building up any specs you might need for a given estimate.

You can call us at 800-828-7108, or email us at [email protected].

Thanks again, Ron!

David

satisfied customer

Reviewed on 2022/10/27

when moving from another company I requested and was granted this software for my estimating (plumbing, process piping, etc)

Pros

gives me updated pricing, reliable and I trust it's accuracy

Cons

doesn't have all the items in data bases

Response from FastEST

David, thank you for your review! We value your feedback. We are always looking for suggestions on products to add to the database so any feedback from you as a customer on this would be much appreciated. Please reach out at any point if we can help you with any program issues, or if you have any questions or suggestions as well!

John

Excellent for HVAC & Plumbing Insulation

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

More efficiency and Accuracy in Taking-off projects, Better coordination with our Field Workers, More accurate Material Orders, We have quit printing full size sets of drawings.

Pros

Absolutely and GREAT tool. This system has streamlined our whole workflow. From the moment we begin estimating the project, to ordering materials, to coordination during the project.

Cons

No Undo Button! There are only a couple of small items that would make it better for our use, but the BIGGEST, Almost singular item is there is not an UNDO button.

Alan

Daily User of FastPipe

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

Overall we are very satisfied with FastPipe. It allows for very accurate estimates and clean breakdowns to properly ensure project budget.

Pros

FastPipe allows you to easily and accurately create estimates of any project we are working. On the back end it allows you to quickly revise your estimate based upon updated drawings or customer requests. All while being able to effectively track the changes.

Cons

There is a lack of shortcut keys. All steps need to be repeatedly clicked which can be arduous when performing common tasks.

Charlie

Fast Pipe

Reviewed on 2022/10/24

Pros

transition was not to bad, the training class was worth the time, it saved time for the learning process and we learned a lot of short cuts

Cons

that program won't save pricing from actual bid time. if you need to break out for schedule of values at a later date it requires you to recalculate which changes pricing if there have been any updates.

Ashley

Great Program!

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Pros

The ability to run reports anyway you need to capture cost.

Cons

The inability to enlarge revised plans when importing. Sometimes it is hard to tell which plan you have.

Response from FastEST

Ashley, thank you for your review! We appreciate and value your feedback.

Please reach out at any point if you need anything, just call us at 800-828-7108.

And we will try to audit our Plan Replacement screen, to see if we might be able to improve on the existing plan view on the right-hand pane.

Thanks again for your input!

Jim

Simple and Reliable

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

The customer service at FastEst is the best I have experienced with a software company. You can always get technical hands on help from their team. They can remotely log on to your computer to step you through your issues. It actually ends up being a quick tutorial sometimes.

Pros

The software is very intuitive to use. It is constantly being updated. I can design a job at the same time that I'm taking it off. Changes are easily made to update budgets.

Cons

I would like to see more pre-built assemblies

Response from FastEST

Thank you, Jim. We appreciate you leaving a review, and value your feedback!

We appreciate the positive replies. And please reach out when you have a few minutes, at 800-828-7108. In the past few months, we've developed some new VRF system assemblies that we can pass along to you (from previous conversations, I think that's work that your company has been doing more of lately?)

Thanks again, Jim!

Nicholas

Senior Estimator & Project Manager

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

We us it for estimating & change orders

We us it for estimating & change orders

Pros

How easy it is to load plans, design specifications to meet the desired job, clone & copy items, upload ISO Schematics, and make everyday systems to allow for an easy takeoff. I enjoy this software program.

Cons

When you clone a job in the directory you are only allowed to change the name and not the description.

Chris

FASTEST

Reviewed on 2019/11/16

The man hours are close to accurate using factor 1, but the commercial factor bad. Overall it works but frustrates me as well. My business either thrives or dies using it.

Pros

Accurate way to do take offs, great reports for ordering material and managing labor hours.

Cons

Using the highlighter to do as built drawing and make corrections or provide information to my field staff needs improvement.

Kevin

FastPIPE Review

Reviewed on 2019/11/01

FastPIPE has been to help speed up and make estimated as accurate as possible.

FastPIPE has been to help speed up and make estimated as accurate as possible.

Pros

Very user friendly, great features, up to date with list pricing. Excellent customer service.

Cons

Feel that there is more to the software then I utilize and the training only come to my location every 2-3 years and it is hard to travel for one.

Response from FastEST

Thank you for your review, Kevin! We appreciate your feedback.

Let us know if you'd ever like to schedule a live online training session with us. We can view your screen through remote meeting, and it's like we're right there with you, helping you learn the program, answer questions, etc.

In our newest version, FastPIPE 20, we also have many helpful topical videos that can be viewed from right inside the program interface!

Thanks again, Kevin.

Deet

Good Product can be improved

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

We are able to provide a superior service in a timely manner because of the capability of the product.

Pros

The ability to take off materials from a plan and provide a cost estimate. EG: 1. Identify pipe length of pipe between two fittings, then able to spit out material and labor in an excel file. 2. It can see multiple drawings. 3. Allows for material cost change.

Cons

Some of the inflexibility of the program. EG: When there are multiple fittings on the plan, a toggle switch would be helpful to choose which fitting to connect to. 2. It cannot see multiple drawings simultaneously (plan & diagram view). 3. It cannot enter material quote at take off.

Pat

Fast pipe review

Positive experience

Positive experience

Pros

I believe we were on of the 1st companies to purchase this software, the ease of use, the constant updates, the available training and customer support are a major plus

Cons

I would love to see it be able to take off insulation

Response from FastEST

Pat, thank you for your review! We value your feedback, especially as a part of one of our longest-standing customer companies.

Give us a call at any point at 800-828-7108 -- we'd be happy to explain our insulation options already included with our FastPIPE (and FastDUCT) programs. We have several thicknesses of Armaflex and fiberglass insulation available in the FastPIPE catalog, with material and labor values included.

Thanks again, Pat!