Blender

Write a Review!
On-premise video editing tool for developers and designers.

4.8/5
4.6/5
3.7/5
4.2/5

George
George

Opinion from Blender use who has 5 years of experience

Reviewed on 2019/11/22

I have been working in blender for over 5 years, i am an interior designer and blender gave everything i wanted in this field : Redering, modeling, lighting, materials.... Blender has everything for me to work on a big projects. I started working in blender and i think ill never change it, maybe i will add some but i will never change blender to other 3D software.

Pros

Blender is Open-source software which is Free which is very important thing if you compare it to other softwares. Blender can give you same result as paid softwares. In this program you can make a lot of things, you can : Paint, 3D models, Sculpting, Video editing, Rendering, Animation and many more things.
Blender has it's own Rendering engine so you don't have to buy it and trust me it's very good even if it's free.
Development team is putting their heart in this product and you can see it in their daily builds, it gets better and better.
Community is amazing, you can find many groups, forums and websites dedicated to blender and blender users, there are alot of plugins and models too. you also can use models from other softwares by simply importing FBX or OBJ file format in blender scene.

Cons

It's not an industry standard and ill try to explain why.... Blender is new program and lately it got better that's why many people don't use it, they think that it's a free program and they don't look at it seriously, also many big companies already have stuff which work on Maya or 3Ds max and they don't want to get a new team member who works in blender, because big companies make big projects, every team member is making his part in this project and if one of the team member uses different program, he/she could not use others assets, materials, lighting and many other stuff.... to cut a long story short, Blender is not industry standard because many people don't use it and they still use 3Ds max, maya or any other software.

Balazs
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Blender for architectural visualization

Reviewed on 2022/05/30

We doing architectural and product visualization, blender is excelent choise for these

Pros

We can create soo beautiful visualizations with blender including drone videos with embedded buildings / urban 3D models

Cons

A bit difficult for beginners, but there are thousands of tutorial videos, so everybady can learn easily and free

SketchUp

Reasons for Choosing Blender

Better value for money :)

3ds Max

Reasons for Switching to Blender

Blender have more features including camera tracing and so good integrated render engine and compositor
Amber
  • Industry: Computer Games

Not functional last update

Reviewed on 2020/02/07

I have used blender since 2014. I enjoyed the earlier versions, and prefer it over Maya in ease of use and price. Do not recommend any update past 2.79 if you are looking for ease and an actual useable application.

Pros

I enjoyed the earlier versions of it, with ease of use, hotkeys, and a clear, labeled interface

Cons

The new version is too chaotic, too massive of a change. The hotkeys no longer work/are not the same. Unable to create/edit anything because unable to figure out how everything works, even with the guide. Had to Change back to the old format (2.79) in order to do anything.

Tony
  • Industry: Design

Free 3D software that achieved industry standard level.

Reviewed on 2021/08/04

It is an essential part for my 3D career and I love that this software is free so it would be available to everyone who is interested in learning 3D. My overall experience has been good so far and I look forward to work with this software more for my projects.

Pros

I like the powerful tools for 3D modelling, 3D sculpting and the animation feature. The fact that this software is totally free made me love it more than any other software like 3Ds Max or Maya. The tools bundled with the software can help me create anything I want in 3D environment, the software is easy to learn and work as well.

Cons

There are some limited options compare to paid license software like 3Ds Max and Maya and sometimes when I'm working with a project, there is a bug that can crash the program but I'm careful person and always save my work frequently so that is not a big deal for me.

3ds Max

Reasons for Switching to Blender

Because Blender is free and easy to learn and use.
lwazi
  • Industry: Animation

Blender"if you looking for a free source anim software then blender is your all in one

Reviewed on 2021/01/01

Help creat both 2D and 3D in the same program which makes is easy,avoiding switching programs all the time.

Pros

Blender let's you create 2D and 3D animation.
It easy to you if your familiar with the animation world.if your looking for a software that let's you do animation convenient these is the one.

Cons

It was slow on my pc.but I had assistance with their software team.and they help me out it was my PC speed so now everything is running smoothly.

Sajjan

MY Review on Blender

Reviewed on 2021/01/08

Blender is so cool too with may functionalities like of paid tool. Rally loved it.

Pros

Blender is a free software and can perform incredible functions. The functionalities of blender includes 3D modelling, texturing, rendering, UV unwrapping, sculpting, fluid simulation, smoke simulation, particle simulation and may more to go. Using these functionalities one can make interactive 3D applications and develop video games. The system has keyboard shortcut for all the functions which saves time. The biggest advantage of this software is it has addons which makes the software modular.

Cons

Blender has many features and it takes long time to learn and understand those features. It takes time to learn and become a quick user otherwise you have to memorize multiple functionalities. The toolbars and other layouts can be customized according to user. The new user may not have idea and cam make them uncomfortable.

Bed Prakash
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Best Open Source Software for Video Editing and 2D/3D Animation

Reviewed on 2021/12/15

I am using blender for editing some short videos for my company's marketing campaign. I use animation loop and characters to make my video more appealing. Blender helps me to increase the reach of my company among the clients.

Pros

Blender is Open source software, we don't need to pay any penny for this. I like 2D/3D animation features. We can export animated objects as an image, 3D files, and we can export 3D videos after rendering. Besides animation, the blender is best for video editing also.

Cons

Although blender has multiple features we must have some basic knowledge in order to fully utilize blenders. Not suitable for beginners and the dashboard is less user-friendly.

Elvis
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Talk 3D, Talk Blender (Best 3D Software)

Reviewed on 2022/12/11

aside video editng, blender software has really helped me improve in my sculpting skills, as a 3D artist.

Pros

the blender software has a cental hub for tutorials that could really come in handy, and among all other 3D softwares blender seems to be the most diverse when it comes to 3D features.

Cons

For a smooth and comfortable use of blender software, user needs to make useof really high end, updated devices, and now not every one with the skills and low end devices can afford these high end devices, if some thing could be done, like providing a compactible version for low end devices, that will be great.

Freddy
  • Industry: Design

A (somewhat) hidden and overlooked gem on professional digital production

Reviewed on 2021/02/16

We needed a modelling tool for our entry level designers, but we didn't have any spare licenses on any other softwares for them. We chose to let them use Blender instead, and they probably achieved more than we could have done using more traditional software. Now we are all trying to make the switch to Blender mainly from Autodesk programs.

Pros

Blender has all the feature and capabilities of any thousand dollars, enterprise level softwares out there, and for FREE!!!
Allowing the modelling, sculpting, the use of parametric plugins, UVing, animating and rendering, without having to switch to any other program.

Cons

With the amount of features that Blender has to offer, you can feel overwhelmed by the amount of options (and hidden options) that you are presented with. At the beginning you'll have to familiarize yourself with the UI concepts, with the shortcuts and the overall workflow of Blender, and that can be a really steep curve to learn for starters.

Ray
Ray
  • Used for 1+ year

Powerful open source 3-D graphics software and editor that rivals commercially available tools

Reviewed on 2018/08/31

Overall, Blender is a very powerful tool, that can be used for video editing. However, because it is designed to be a 3-D graphics tool which also has video capabilities, it is not the easiest tool to use. I continue to remain intrigued by Blender and in a year or two will revisit it's video editing workflow.

Pros

Blender is used by professionals around the world. Because it is open source and has such wide usage and effort behind its development, it is very unlikely that Blender will ever fade away. Using Blender for your projects ensures long-term access to your files and you'll accumulate skills that will be useful well into the future.

I used Blender only for video editing so I cannot comment on its other features.

Strong video editing capabilities - it is relatively easy to import footage and to make basic cuts, move footage, and add basic fades and transitions.

To simplify the import of video clips, install the Kinoraw Tools addon.
It offers a good way to import media clips through the file browser. The Kinoraw tool will allow you to import all files in the browser, or

This plugin adds features that allow the user to select large numbers of small clips and snap the selection to a designated clip. It also allows selection by type of clip so its easy to grab all of the sound clips to export to an audio editor. The plugin also includes an "inverse" selector to select everything except the currently selected clip. The Kinoraw tool also includes a convenient fade-in fade-out tool accessible in the Strip menu option

Cons

After reading and watching many tutorials on using Blender for video editing, I hoped to rely on Blender exclusively for video creation.
While Blender indeed offers powerful video editing features, the average person will not find it easy to use.

Blender cannot automatically detect resolution and frame rates so if you have video from different cameras and wish to edit these different resolutions files in the timeline in Blender, you will encounter numerous problems. Software should be able to detect these various settings automatically and make necessary adjustments or at the very least, warn the user that the clips are incompatible and guide the user through various fixes.

There were too many other problems with trying to edit a 2 hour film and I eventually gave up and moved to the open-source video editor Kdenlive.

Regardless of my experience, many users in fact rely on Blender for video editing and enjoy the process. Maybe you will find it to be the best tool for you.

Cevdet
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Blender Has All Needs on 3D Creation

Reviewed on 2023/05/03

Blender is a great option for 3D creation with impressive results and community support.

Pros

Blender is packs a lot of features into its free software. Its powerful rendering engine and robust animation tools make it one of the best choice in market. It has such an user-friendly interface and extensive documentation.

Cons

Blender has really high learning curve. Probably wouldnt be ideal for who are new to 3D modeling and animation.

Mphatso
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Blender 2018 Review

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

I use blender a lot in my work at College to make online products to help provide features to the patrons in our makerspace to help them find tools and crafting items quickly. Most recently, i used blender to make a 3D map of the space and it served my purposes extremely well because of the ease of implementation especially for low poly models and also the different lighting options that allowed me to make the final render output as close to the overall aesthetic of the makerspace as possible. It is an amazing product and it is always fun to use and play around with the hundreds of different options to get a final result that over delivers on quality.

Pros

I started using blender when i was about 13 years old. It was one of my first experiences in 3d rendering and animation and i was immediately struck by all the things you could do and all the amazing things you could. In its latest iteration, i love the extreme ease of use as well as how fast and easy it is to switch between special tools and be able to see all my options in a very uncultured but intuitive space. It also has a huge amount of packages and to allow a user to do work ranging from paper craft model preparation to Virtual Reality Scene creation in minutes. Right now i use it for 3D printing and VR experiences and especially love the packages that help me make sites like this: https://enter-tech-room.glitch.me/ . I also love most the different types of 3D file formats you can export and import and how you can package everything (animations, textures and skeletons) into single compact files like glb files which are especially useful for VR products.

Cons

Blender's large library of packages and open source nature can be both great but also very overwhelming. If you are a beginner there is so much you need to learn to be able to make any descent 3D models or satisfactorily edit a model you found elsewhere and make it ready for use in another system. The huge number of tools it has can also be pretty intimidating and if you don't want to go 100% into 3D design can seem like a waste of time to use because they require a lot of practice given how precise they are. This was the biggest barrier for me especially before the latest release that has made it seem a lot more user friendly but it still has a quite a fair barrier to entry.

Joel

Blender: 3D Modeling and Animation Resource

Reviewed on 2020/06/29

I am an avid user of Blender. I have utilized this program to create 3D animations for clients and to craft animated characters for game design projects. Since 2013 I have used this program for all of my 3D modeling needs.

Pros

Blender is a program with a library of tools to engage in several fields of 3D modeling.

It allows users to create basic models from scratch utilizing vertices, faces and edges. If users want to start with a foundation they can use existing shapes such as cubes, spheres and cylinders. Each shape is malleable allowing for the adjustment of vertex count, edge count and dimensions and orientation.

Users can also create 3D animations. Through versatile tools users can create simple motions or complex cinematic moments that feature fully rigged humanoid characters.

Additionally Blender allows users to manipulate the topology of their models. Through the use of various brushes available, users can generate textures and add additional form and shape to their models.

Blender can generate file formats compatible with other programs including .OBJ and .FBX.

Cons

The interface is difficult at the beginning to navigate. Blender however relies on several hot keys so it becomes easier to use with a few key strokes. The program is easily customizable and their are several tutorials available to assist in learning.

An additional issue I encountered was that textures sometimes did not appear on my project. I was able to fix this issue by reverting back to an old save.

Patrick
Patrick

A Powerful Tool for Creating Professional-Quality Visuals

Reviewed on 2023/04/09

Blender is an incredibly powerful open source 3D creation software suite that has been a favorite of digital art and animation professionals for many years. It offers a wide range of features, from modeling to sculpting, to rendering, compositing and more. It's easy to learn yet endlessly customizable, allowing users to create anything from basic shapes and characters to detailed scenes and animations with ease. When it comes to the interface of Blender, you'll find it highly user-friendly with lots of helpful tutorials available online (including some in-depth ones through the official website). This makes getting started relatively straightforward even if you don't have any prior experience with similar programs. The UI also includes several options for customizing menus or shortcuts which lets users make their workspace their own. With these customizable aspects combined together with its modern look & feel Blender can be quite enjoyable as your work away at whatever project you are working on! For those who intend to use Blender in animation projects they will find plenty of tools available such as curves editor, dope sheet/action editor/nonlinear editing system, armature modifier & inverse kinematics systems

Pros

1. Blender is a powerful and 3D animation software package, with professional-level features such as modeling, rigging, texturing, lighting, and rendering tools that can help create stunning visuals for video games, movies and more. 2. The program's user interface has been designed to be intuitive and easy to use for beginners while still providing the necessary level of control needed by professionals in their workflows. 3. With its non-destructive workflow philosophy you won’t need to worry about ruining your project - everything can be changed at any time without adversely affecting or losing earlier steps or data points along the way. 4. Its integration with other open source tools like Cycles makes it possible to develop complex projects using multiple applications all within one unified environment – saving time on development cycles while ensuring the highest quality results every time. 5. Additionally its GPU render engine allows users to take advantage of massive computing power available today - resulting in faster renders than ever before achieved with traditional CPU based methods alone!"

Cons

It has an extensive array of tools and features to help you create complex 3D objects quickly and easily. •It supports a wide range of file formats including OBJ, FBX, STP, STL etc., making it easy to edit existing files or import them into other programs like Maya or Cinema 4D

James
  • Industry: Libraries

Blender - Powerful Teaching Tool to inspire 3d modelers and crafters.

Reviewed on 2023/10/17

The primary advantage Blender has for our use here at the library is the cost savings of using open source. There are no licensing fees and the students are free to install copies of blender on their own computers and laptops. This is a huge benefit to the open source nature of Blender. If we get additional students in our STEAM classes we don't have to worry about how many seats we have available. While we do have a limit on the number of available laptops to use in the class this can be expanded by some students bringing their own laptops. The excitement that students show when they render their first simple scenes and again when they render their first animations is incredible. I have been teaching blender in a classroom environment for nearly two decades now and love to hear former students share how they have continued to use blender in their work or their hobbies.

Pros

I teach STEAM workshops for 3rd -12th grade students at our local library. Blender provides a great platform to introduce 3d modeling. As open source software there are no budget crippling licensing fees and not even my advanced students are going to push the limits of Blender. We are able to explore 3d modeling, animation and key framing to develop fun realistic photos and movies. In addition the students are exposed to 3d printing to see their work enter into the real world. Blender captures the imaginations of students, whether they are more technically inclined or artistic. I recommend blender to any STEAM instructors.

Cons

Blender has a reputation as being difficult to use. I have been using it since shortly after it was open sourced. My experience in 3d up until then came from using Caligari's Truespace, which was probably the most intuitive 3d program on the market at that time. Blender definitely had a steep learning curve. Today much of that initial learning curve has been simplified tremendously with an improved gui, hotkey choices and listening to users. That said, students can still be overwhelmed by Blender's complexity unless carefully guided through their initial exposure. I don't see this as a flaw of Blender, but rather a result of the power that it has.

Aleksandra
Aleksandra
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Brand new look

Reviewed on 2019/12/21

In 2019 Blender changed a lot, making the software easy to manage. UI became simpler and more intuitive and the general design changes made it so much more viable as a professional 3D program. I have used it over the years for small projects, although they always took quite long, as the learning curve was extremely steep and for each small project there had to be hours of research. Coming back after the new version was released, I have reached my goals quite easily, effectively reducing time spent on each project.

Pros

Blender's UI is clean, elegant and intuitive. Its features are on par with those of professional 3D suites, which makes it a free alternative to industry's most known programs. The performance is quite good, considering I've been using it on a low-end PC and besides some issues with particle system, there's no considerable lag or stuttering. Plugins, extensions and user-created content makes it easy to customize and prepare for any 3D work and environment.

Cons

As the new version changed the software, the available guides and tutorials are mostly outdated, making it a bit harder to find a good learning source, as the changes were so drastic that simple commands or keybinds no longer work. Due to that some problems require reaching out to the community, which may not respond within the time constraints a professional may have.

Eddy
Eddy

Blender the future of advanced 2d Animation

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Nothing but love and great admiration for this software and the people behind making it possible.

I...

I started in ads trying to make some money and build a reputation in animation,
working in Congo/africa it was nearly impossible to afford professional softwares like autodesk Maya and 3ds Max , but blender made it possible to do professional modeling, rigging and animation for free and it changed a lot of things for me.
Without blender i don't think i would have made it this far ; understanding 3d as an autodidact opened so many universes of my imagination and compagnies' doors too.
Now am a Art director, director and consultant animator and work for more than 12 companies at the same time, going from one city to another almost every week...all thanks to Blender. i don't even have time to make demoreels anymore 😊😊😊

Pros

Wow, how can i say it!
This software is Splendiferous!
Am a user of blender since i first stumbled on 3d animation and that's about 9 or 10 years from now.

blender is free and has everything built in.
throughout the years the software keeps pushing boundaries and making improvements in all types of industries: Game, animation, movie or Vfx.
The improvement of Grease Pencil Object, my favorite tool, allows you to draw in the 3D space so you can create advanced 2D animation into a 3D software. it can be used to make traditional 2D animation, motion graphics , cut-out animation and even as storyboard tool. And that's just one tool;
the renderer is amazing too, the view port is smoother and faster in the latest's versions,
i could go on and on but the best way to experience blender's features is if you give it a try.

Cons

I think Blender grows every month so i wouldn't put any cons,
besides it is open GL and completely designed based on users needs, so no cons for me.

Amanda
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees
  • Used for 2+ years

Expansive Functionality, Great Interface, and FREE

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

Working with Blender has been amazing. As part of in an in-house design team, I wanted a way to innovate and learn something new, so I started small with things that could be worked into our advertising like rolling dice, a spinning football, bowling ball/pins collisions, and scale models to learn the system. Later, we purchased pre-made car models and then textured, customized, and animated them to advertise specific vehicle giveaways. It's really wonderful to have a program you can build and expand upon independently without formal training or a huge initial investment.

Pros

As a graphic designer who dabbles in 3D, I much prefer the interface of Blender compared with Maya or Cinema 4D. Navigation is intuitive, and while the learning curve is naturally steep for any program of this caliber, the shortcut system made a lot of sense to me from the beginning. I also really loved using nodes in Cycles render to change the texture and lighting of various objects. Really lovely, subtle results.

Cons

Sometimes it was tricky to know exactly how big something was, or how things were attached, but I would chalk that up to user error, similar to being an amateur in Photoshop and just not knowing where to look for a function or how to organize your layers logically.

Ayon
Ayon
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

One of the finest 3d software out in the market

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

Blender is FREE!!! and as they say, it will always be... So you are at no risk, it took sometime for me to get used to it, although I'm still learning, it has been a rewarding experience. Thanks to those wise people who decided to keep it FREE and open source yet Blender is so powerful that many professional studios has started implementing it into their workflow.
Today Blender is like the Swiss Knife in the world of 3D, excelling in every departments of it.

Pros

Blender, at present the name itself gives relief to all those aspiring 3D and VFX artists, who feel crippled by the price tag that comes with Maya, Cinema 4D, 3DS Max, etc. Blender is capable of doing most of the 3D and Animation works one will ever need for FREE....!!!! This is absolutely hard to believe at first. A free and open source software might give a vibe of being compromised or cut down versions, but not Blender. This software is a beast in its field, providing everything from 2D animation, VFX design, 3D Modelling, Character rigging, Landscape Design, Texturing, Compositing and what not. The latest version 2.8 is a massive update which has a redesigned interface turning Blender into a beautiful and intuitive piece of software plus has a lots of new features making the overall process much easier for anyone from beginner to professionals.

Cons

Blender offers a massive set of features which comes with a learning curve. This might hold you for a moment but when you see what amazing things other people are creating with Blender, you will force yourself to learn the software and once you get hold of it, it will be so unbelievably rewarding that you will never regret learning this fantastic friend who will stay with you for ever, for FREE!!!!

Géovanny
Géovanny
  • Industry: Graphic Design

blender the best 3d creation software

Reviewed on 2023/02/15

Pros

Blender is a very versatile and free 3D software that I particularly like. It offers many advantages, including a customizable user interface and a large community of users who share tutorials and resources online. The software allows for modeling, animation, rendering and special effects for projects of various sizes and styles. The animation tools are particularly powerful and allow you to create complex animations with relative ease. In addition, Blender is available for Windows, Mac and Linux, making it accessible to a wide audience.

Cons

I find the learning curve for Blender to be quite steep, especially for beginners in 3D, as the software is quite complex and offers many features. Also, the rendering process can be quite time consuming, especially when working with complex scenes or with advanced textures and lighting. Finally, it is not as widely used in the industry as some other 3D software, which can be a disadvantage if you want to work with clients or studios that use different software.

Abhishek
  • Industry: Computer Games

The only and only best open source software for 3d purpose

Reviewed on 2020/09/21

Super cool and awesome. I would strongly recommend this to everyone and even if you are using any other proprietary software then still give blender a chant. It deserves it !!!

Pros

1.) It is open source (the best thing which I love about it)
2.) It is free hence entry barrier is negligible for newbies
3.) It is increasingly becoming powerful with every new update:- the recent one was a boon to 2d part
4.) Performance is getting better with every new update
5.) It is gaining attention of big parties like top game and movies studios
6.) It is heavily supported by its users
7.) Future is super super bright and difference between blender and other rivals is reducing with every new update
God bless blender

Cons

If I would had written this review few months back, in the con section I would had ranted about its drawback for the 2d part. But now that issue is also solved. And even much better my other issues were also solved with the new update
It would be better if keyboard shortcuts and UI was given a touch ( it would make whole process much better)

• Industry: Design

Blender opens doors to beginners and keep supporting advanced users

Reviewed on 2021/05/25

Pros

Blender offers a complete toolset for 3d modeling, rendering and animation. Even if some people do prefer other 3D programs for personal reasons, Blender offers a competitive engine for free. That's a huge encouragement to new students on 3d modeling and animation. The more I do with it, the more surprised I am that it has no cost.

Cons

I use it to render and model furniture objects and scenes. According to my usage, I feel it still lacks assets to use in rendering scene compositions.
It could have pre-configured materials as default inside shading options to help newer students on 3D rendering, maybe some tutorial on learning the node system.
Also, the snapping vertices system doesn't work as smoothly as SketchUp or other 3d software when it comes to building architectural visualization.

Iqra
Iqra

Free and Best 3D Creation Software

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

I edit videos for my company and sometimes also for my own freelance project. So I prefer to edit my videos using Blender. Because blender tools are really awesome. I have created a number of professional animations using the blender. I really like and love Blender therefore my overall experience with the blender is really incredible.

Pros

Blender is a very awesome and free 3D creation software. You can create and compose feature films using Blender. Designing Animations is very easy in Blender. There are lots of video editing tools and options are available in Blender. So even you can edit your videos up to the professional level in Blender. The interface is really awesome and you can even customize window layout and shortcuts according to your requirements.

Cons

The tools, features, and functions of blender are awesome. I never faced any problem or issue during the use of Blender. Even I export my work in a professional way according to my requirements, so according to my experience, there are no cons.

Alexander
  • Industry: Entertainment

Blender: 3D and beyond

Reviewed on 2023/09/13

Been using this software for nearly 8+ years, and it's been incredible update after update. In my experience, the features are so endless that the learning experience is always rewarding in it's rediscoverability. Many things can be achieved, and they can be done usually in different approaches. You are not tied to only one way of doing things. From what I see, updates are always being released and the development for this program is steady.

Pros

All kinds of tools, from sculpting to texturing, to video editing, to 2D animation, to modeling. Blender has them all! It supports add-ons and Python scripting. It has a great rendering engine for Path-Tracing, Cycles, and another one called EEVEE for real-time 3D visualization. The software is really advanced and allows a lot of freedom.

Cons

Can be hard for beginners, has a steep learning-curve. 2D with Grease Pencil could be improved and developed further, Video Editing as well. Although they aren't part of the core functionality, they are helpful and nice to have indeed, but it is important to note the strengths of this program are its 3D features.

Anton
Anton

Long time blender user

Reviewed on 2019/02/27

I was first introduced to blender in college much to my dismay after having spent so much time on a different software but quickly learned to love the program and its versatility, and now 6 years later I'm still using it in my career as an animator, I would definitely suggest the program to anyone interested in animation, modelling, special effects or even just motion tracking on video.

Pros

Blender is HEAVILY customizable with python script and plugins, the application is free to download and use which firstly is a plus in itself but it also means there are Plenty of tutorials and examples of peoples creativity online. With Blender 2.80 Eevee currently being actively developed the software is just getting better and better with real-time rendering so you can see your changes live.

Cons

Being so heavily customizable and being able to run so many different scripts it may be challenging to troubleshoot any conflicts