EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Reviews

EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard

On-premise data recovery management software

Ashish
Ashish
  • Industry: Information Services

One of the Best Data Recovery Solutions

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

I have used the software to recover data from one of my older hard drives. I had accidentally deleted them while switching the drive. It had photos of my family, travel and a lot of places. EaseUS Data Recovery helped me to recover most of the photographs in good shape. In fact, the trial version is enough to convince as it is not limited except for the data size.

Pros

1. Easy to use Interface
2. Ability to recover files from deleted partitions.
3. Preview files before recovery are helpful as it saves time, especially for those using the trial version.
4. Saves sessions in case you need to do something else. Saves time from rescanning.

Cons

The only thing I would like EaseUS to do is to offer a better, and modern design in terms of colors, icons and more. The interface looks old. While usability is not a problem, modern design will make it look a lot better.

Scott

Recovery made easy

Reviewed on 2024/03/22

Great, use it all the time for the last 4 years now with no issues.

Great, use it all the time for the last 4 years now with no issues.

Pros

I like how simple and straightforward the operational functions are. Simple to understand and use. Let alone how thoroughly it does the job.

Cons

Takes long to complete the process but when something is that thorough it's to be expected.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

Disappointing Experience with EaseUS Data Recovery Software.

Reviewed on 2023/12/10

I recently purchased EaseUS Data Recovery software with high hopes of retrieving my lost data, but unfortunately, it fell far short of its promises. The entire experience was a letdown, and I strongly advise potential users to consider alternative solutions like Wondershare Recoverit.
From the start, the software exhibited significant issues. The scanning process took an exorbitant amount of time, dragging on endlessly as it combed through my disk. To make matters worse, the results were shockingly inadequate, telling me it can recover only a meager 50% or less of the data that Wondershare Recoverit effortlessly was able to restore from the same disk.

In stark contrast, Wondershare Recoverit not only performed the job swiftly but also recovered almost all of my lost data seamlessly. The efficiency and reliability of Wondershare far surpassed the disappointing performance of EaseUS.

Adding insult to injury, EaseUS proved to be a customer support nightmare. Frustrated by the lackluster results, I promptly requested a refund within four hours of purchasing the software. To my dismay, their customer support team took an eternity to respond and, when they finally did, they callously informed me that I was not entitled to a refund.

EaseUS Data Recovery is not only ineffective but also comes with an exorbitant price tag and abysmal customer support. I strongly caution against falling for their promises and urge anyone in need of data recovery services to opt for Wondershare Recoverit instead. EaseUS is nothing short of a scam, and my personal experience is a testament to the disappointment and frustration that users can expect from this subpar software. Save yourself the trouble and invest in a reliable solution like Wondershare Recoverit for your data recovery needs.

Pros

Only the GIU looks easy to use. Options are easy to find

Cons

finds less then 50% of the lost files. found files are not structured.

Peter
  • Industry: Animation

Try an other

Reviewed on 2024/01/18

Never again, and when I send the message that i dont want to have an ABO and wanted to have my money back - this was ignored and money has bee taken from my account

Pros

Nothing at all

Cons

if you have to find out that your data on Sticks (2) had been killed

Saraf Wasima

An instant data recovery tool for perfect result

Reviewed on 2023/10/12

It's the best data recovery tool in the market. So there is not so many data recovery tool left in market. So I love using and recommending it.

Pros

I use it for recovering my old data. I always found the output good and satisfying. But sometimes, It behave abnormal. In that case you may feel irritated. But the UI/UX and most importantly, the purpose of the software is served very beautifully. That's why I love it most.

Cons

I don't like about it's ram management and the task it do is very much slow. Except this, I didn't face any other issue. So I would love to recommend it to everyone.

Mohamed

Be careful when using recovery software

Reviewed on 2022/05/12

An interesting experience because it allowed me to learn about many Easeus products and used it to recover some files.
I recommend using it on a personal level or when trying to recover a file quickly.

Pros

The possibility of specifying the recovery on the subfolders, and this speeds up the recovery process with a modern, clear interface and accurate in determining the recovery time.
Classification and filtering of the recovered files, which facilitates the search process when the file name is changed.

Cons

Some of the files that are recovered are damaged and here I am talking about files that were deleted minutes ago, not years.
Failure to determine the validity of the recovered file to ensure the integrity of the file before deleting it, or not to be exposed to factors that caused its destruction.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Used for 2+ years

works ok, sometimes

Reviewed on 2019/12/08

we use this product, on occasion to recover files. that's what it's supposed to do. as i have mentioned, it works about half the time. i don't consider that success rate all that good. we need to use other utilities to achieve the intended goal. sometimes the others fail too, but nowhere near half the time.

Pros

it does recover files, which is a good thing. when you've lost something that you need to get back, either by mistake or because something exploded, you will generally settle for anything that can get the job done.

Cons

the success rate is not all that great. we are able to recover about half the files we try to recover. i do not consider that a great statistic.

Alvin
Alvin
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
  • Used for 6-12 months

A legit data recovery for my Business

Reviewed on 2021/05/27

I remember I have this 32gb USB Pen drive which most of my important files stored. But one day the usb got corrupted, and It ruined my day. Thanks to EaseUS data recovery, I stillmanage to recover my files, with ease! A life saver for me

Pros

What I like most on using EaseUS Data Recovery is their interface and the preview quality. You know, when you gonna recover corrupted files, you dont know what's the files inside so the preview is your friend. It also allows me tl Recovers unlimited data, I have before my 32gb USB been corrupted and I was able to recover it. Yey! And take note, it provided me best quality of my recovered files.

Cons

Expensive. Yes, for small businesses it's a bit expensive for me.

Haitong
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Incompetent software. Disastrous support.

Reviewed on 2024/01/09

The software failed to retrieve any of my lost files even it was one of the easiest scenario (recovery right after deletion without new write-in). Although I applied for support or refund right after the purchase, the supporting member did not help and refused my application. The refund policy on the homepage is a blatant lie.

Pros

No. Except that they are easy to deploy.

Cons

Not capable of recovering my files.
Terrible support
Refuse to refund

Carlos
Carlos

A useful tool

Reviewed on 2021/06/24

It has helped me a lot because I continually have students or colleagues with information loss problems.
Whether it's from your hard drives or your computer, I've gotten a lot back from them.

Pros

It is the best way, at an affordable price, to be able to retrieve information.
Recovers files that have been lost, that have been removed from the recycle bin, and also that may be damaged.
How much is your information worth?
EASUS is one of the best solutions at a good price.
You should try it.

Cons

the only downside is that it can be a bit slow and it also recovers hundreds of unusable files.
But hey, it recovers everything, and it is better than about and not that you lack information.

Jeremy
Jeremy
  • Used for 1-5 months

Sharing my experience: do not buy EaseUS or do business with cleverbridge

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

Pros

Nothing. It bait-and-switched me into purchasing but then didn't work, and refused to honor refund policy.

Cons

TLDR: My experience was bait-and-switch of the product showing me a bunch of my files it could restore and then being unable to do so. Despite a prominently advertised 30-day money back guarantee policy, their customer support declares that your case is not eligible without any explanation and refuses to refund or honor their policy.

Their freely downloaded product showed 21,000 files on my failing hard drive and told me I need to purchase to restore them, so I paid the $89.95, but then the software could not recover any of my data and showed an error message. I contacted the company for a refund and received a refusal with a vague "this doesn't meet our requirements for refund."

Their purchase page has 4 mentions of a 30-day money-back guarantee including the words "30-day money-back guarantee. Risk-free." https://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizardpro/drw-pro-buy-c.html

I am not alone, as searching the internet shows many other people calling this company a scam. Here is one example: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

They have told me that if there are any hardware failures, it can't recover – and that also makes me ineligible for refund. But of course, the original scan didn't detect that.

Basically their product bait-and-switched me into purchasing it by promising to restore my data and then failed to do so. They prominently advertise a 30-day, risk-free money back guarantee, but refuse to honor it.

Response from EaseUS Software

Hi Jeremy,
I'm Ada from EaseUS Software.

It's not an unbiased review regarding our customer services and refund policy as we did refunded you on 28th, August.

It's quite normal that it takes some time to investigate why the customer needs to refund and is there anything we can do to save the customer.

So, it's not an immediate refund but takes some time. It's quite reasonable we think.
However, in this situation, our software couldn't work is because of the your disk's physical problem.
After knowing this cause, our support team has fully refunded you on 28th Aug. 2020.
We can offer proof for this.

Thanks for your interest on our products and sorry to know that we didn't help at the end.

Michael
  • Industry: Law Practice

Recovery that Destroys your Data; Unrelenting SPAM Emails

Reviewed on 2022/04/18

I needed to recover thousands of files previously organized in hundreds of folders from an external SSD. Purchased "EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional" 11/2021. The program "found" all my files but placed them in hundreds of useless, generically-named, incrementally-numbered folders ("dir0000.chk"); changed every folder's "date modified" field to the date the recovery program was run; AND DESTROYED THE DATA ON THE DRIVE ITSELF - thus preventing me from being able to use any other company's recovery software (I did purchase software from a reputable company, but the software was not able to do anything but "recover" the files and folders as they'd been renamed by EaseUS's software). I'm out over $300 because of EaseUS's sabotage of my drive.

In the meantime, EaseUS began a SPAM marketing campaign that, despite four separate attempts to unsubscribe, continues to this day. And since they are in China and there's no private right of action under the CAN-SPAM Act anyway, EaseUS violates my inbox and ignores US law with impunity.

I would not recommend EaseUs based on my experience.

Pros

If you have images to recover and you don't mind renaming each one of them, this software might be useful to you.

Cons

Recovery:
- destroys or alters the data on the original drive;
- creates hundreds of useless, generically-named, incrementally-numbered folders;
- discards subfolder hierarchy; subfolders are lost forever, named generically and scattered on one level among their generically-renamed parent and sibling folders;
- assigns all of the folders the same "date modified": the date the recovery program was run;
- requires the user to open every one of the hundreds of generically-named folders ("dir0000.chk") in order to view the underlying files.

Aris
Aris
  • Industry: Consumer Services

EaseUS for Reliable Hard Drive recovery

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

We recover deleted partitions and important word documents from our customers and in the end of the day we save hours of work, especially for Word documents which are proud with EaseUS that we don't have to announce to our customers to do their work from the beginning because their work is not recovered.

Pros

We use EaseUS in most cases for Word documents recovery, we find that it's one of the few Software that really works well. Also, we use it for deleted partitions. Many times happened that we or the customer accidentally deleted the wrong partition before formatting or installing a second operating system. In such cases we need to recover files from deleted recovery. The secret is to use EaseUS immediately after the incident and in such cases EaseUS ALWAYS saved our work!

Cons

Sometimes photo are partially recovered, with thumbnails looking good but when opening the photos they may be missing some rows of pixels. Well that depends on what case is used and how corrupted is the file recovered.

Response from EaseUS Software

Hi Aris! Thanks for sharing your experience with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.

As for the photo recovery issue you've mentioned, I'd suggest check the Raw files. There is a chance to find the intact version of photos or other types of files there.

Rachel

Software doesn't work and I can't have my money back

Reviewed on 2022/02/24

Terrible, I don't recommend to anyone who is not sure about investing the steep price - it may not work and you will lose your money.

Pros

Nothing, the software did not work and I cannot have my money back.

Cons

I purchased the software and tried to recover my files, but it didn't work. As a EU consumer, I have the right of having my money back within 14 days of my purchase, and they not only don't want to give my full money back, but keep pushing me for other services or solutions. Terrible customer experience, I felt scammed. Had a lot of back and forth to have only half of my money back.

Response from EaseUS Software

HI Rachel,
Sorry to know that you haven't recovered your lost data.
Normally, if a user can't get the software work as expected, we'd offer some pro solutions like checking the raw material. With a good chance, files can be found back at this stage.

With no detail info of your order, I don't know what's your exact case, but I think our customer support is offering you Raw file checking solution. That doesn't request a further payment.

However, if users need to repair disk and more professinal services, an additional payment is needed. Disk damage can't be recovered only with the help of data recovery software. So, that's quite fair.

We normally allows a refund after we offer a solution and that still can't work. In your case, it seems that you didn't accept our advice to check the raw files. So, no refund was made.
That's a standard operation we think. It's not our software issue.

Hope you can understand!

MICHAEL
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Recovery of Data is as EaseUs that. Great Tool!

Reviewed on 2021/06/28

Overall I am satisfied with what EaseUs Data Recovery can do especially since I use it for a part time gig which pays back the investment

Pros

EaseUs is easy to use. The drives show on the first screen, you just scan and then select what you want to recover. Nothing complicated, just simple steps but it's a very efficient too this. I can even select the specific folder if I know where the lost data was.

Cons

The price is kind of on the expensive side. Usually loosing data is not a daily occurrence so paying around $70 per month for something you are going to use for once or twice is a tough ask.

Thomas
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Outstanding data recovery

Reviewed on 2023/05/17

Pros

Some vendors leave you alone with the software they created. EaseUS is different , they care a lot about their customers. Especially [sensitive content hidden] provided excellent support, his technical skills were amazing.

Cons

I was thinking long about the cons, but I failed define one here.

• Used for 1-5 months

Very unsastified.... Didn't deliver what promise and no refund.

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Pros

Nothing, since it didnt got the job done that was being advertised.

Cons

Would love that someone read my story. Since their support didn't really care.

I was browsering around and was looking for multiple options to get some files from my unstable harddrive. I stumbled upon EaseUS, where they wrote many blogs about solutions and the things their software could do for me.

In total it has a huge price tag of more than 80 USD. Which is quite steep for something that you are not sure if it works. The money back/refund guaranteed unique selling proposition made me eventually try it.

When trying it, it didn't work out! The software was unable to do what was being advertised. I'm alright with that so I followed their procedure by sending an email, after that I was talking with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on the livechat and he tried to help me. We already fastly came to the conclusion that the software was useless for me to use.

I tried to get a refund for it; but they would not allow me. In the end I got no refund whatsoever. So I paid top dollars for literally air.

I would kindly ask again to consider the small consumer since, pressing a refund button = just peanuts for a company.

Nima

Stay away!

Reviewed on 2023/05/06

I couldn't solve anything with this.

I couldn't solve anything with this.

Pros

Nothing. They claim a lot of stuff on their site though.

Cons

Their website claims that they can do different sector size clones, so that's why I was interested in getting this.Not only does that not work, but it also doesn't allow for any copying of different partitions. It only recognizes windows partitions so what's the point?I have a dual boot system and it wasn't able to solve anything.Now I'm trying to get my money back for a product that didn't even work.

Tim
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Used for 1-5 months

EaseUS use automatic subscription renewal to charge extra fees. No chance of refund.

Reviewed on 2021/03/04

Absolutely disappointing. Terrible service

Absolutely disappointing. Terrible service

Pros

The software worked for recovering my data. But without consent or warning I was automatically subscribed to a second month for a further fee. I immediately cancelled, and requested a refund but they stubbornly refuse and chance of refund, stating "your case does not meet our criteria for refund".

Cons

"30 day refund" is prominently advertised on the EaseUS website. BUT THIS IS A LIE. I happily paid the 1-month subscription for the time that I used the software. But when they automatically subscribed me for a second month, I requested this be cancelled.

Response from EaseUS Software

Hi Tim! Thanks for choosing EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and we are glad that it worked to save your data back.
As for your subscription experience, when placing the order for EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional (1 - Month Subscription), you agreed with the Auto-Renewal Service on the purchase page. Actually, there's an option to cancel the subscription in the order confirmation email, so our customers could choose to continue the subscription or not.

Mansour
  • Industry: Government Administration

Review for EaseUS Data Recovery

Reviewed on 2021/08/01

The program needs more development

The program needs more development

Pros

The program is easy to use
Quick search for lost files
The price of the program is average compared to other programs

Cons

Most of the files are corrupted when recovering
The lack of a built-in program to open Word and Excel files ... before recovering

Dor

Unsatisfactory Product Performance

Reviewed on 2023/12/22

Worst experience ever.
This is a clear case of product failure, rendering the software completely...

Worst experience ever.

Pros

I am writing to you again to express my deep dissatisfaction with the Product I recently purchased.

Despite the trial version's limitations, which did not allow for actual data recovery, I proceeded to purchase the full version based on the understanding that it would effectively recover a recently deleted video file from my Mac. Unfortunately, the software failed to locate and recover the desired file. The one file it did suggest was significantly corrupted and could not be restored, rendering the software ineffective for my specific need.

Cons

Upon purchasing your software, I was under the clear impression that it would effectively recover a recently deleted video file from my Mac. The software not only failed to locate the file but also suggested a corrupted file that could not be recovered. This is a clear case of product failure, rendering the software completely useless for the purpose it was bought for.

Keith
  • Used for 1-5 months

Be warned: Does Not Work On Solid State (SSD) Drives!

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

Pros

Installing was easy. User interface is sleek. BUT.. read below

Cons

Will not work if your deleted files are on a SSD (Solid State Disk)!

Given that SSDs are common in laptops and desktops these days, it was a big disappointment to me and a waste of money that I wasn't able to recover any files, though I was able to see their filenames. I requested for a refund and this is their reply: "In order to speed up SSD, TRIM would totally erase the file content after it was deleted and it is impossible to recover the lost file with any data recovery software or service." After some back and forth, they finally relented and gave a 50% refund.

Wasted purchase which does not work for me at all.

Response from EaseUS Software

Hi Keith,
I'd say sorry that you didn't get back your data and only get half of your payment refunded. That's true that no data recovery software can help if the TRIM mode is on. That's still a barrier in this field. I'd suggest you try the free or trial version before buying any software. That will help you better know if the product meets your needs.

Helen

They are scammers!!!

Reviewed on 2022/09/23

Pros

There is nothing good about this product or company.

Cons

They claim to be able to recover all files from Macs, this is a lie. They say they support SSD drives, which all Mac laptops have, this is a lie. They con you into paying by showing you all the files they have "recovered" yet, after payment, you can't see anything. When I sought help from them, they said recovering files from an SSD drive was "impossible" but have refused to give me a refund, instead they offered to upgrade my subscription of a product I can't use. They are con artists!

Worst customer service!

Reviewed on 2021/10/26

Cons

Nothing to like!! They have the worst customer service, and they are not attentive to what the customer says. They respond automatic and systematic answers just for the protocol - not interesting in customer favor!

Response from EaseUS Software

Hi! Ada there, from EaseUS Software.
That's not the typical style of our customer support team. I think there should be some misunderstanding. Would you please send me your order ID? Thus, I can help to check what has happened.

EaseUS is popular for data recovery, partition, and backup needs. And one of the most important reasons is the professionalism of our customer support. Please do let me help you

Sincerely,

Nicole
  • Industry: Online Media

DO NOT BUY THIS You will lose both your files and your money.

Reviewed on 2022/04/18

See above. Everything was terrible.

See above. Everything was terrible.

Pros

Nothing. There is NOTHING positive about this product.

Cons

Any positive review on this company is paid for, it's so bad Amazon has turned off the ability to review their product unless it's a verified purchase.

I recently purchased EaseUs, and spent an evening recovering files that were not lost, simply stuck in a corrupt file structure. EaseUs "found them" but the files were completely unreadable.

Hours later I invested in another recovery program and in seconds had all my files.

I contacted EaseUs as they boast a 30 day moneyback guarantee... first they couldn't even find my order using the order number THEY gave me. Then acted like I was at fault for not haveing a number I was never given. Then after showing them photo and VIDEO PROOF of the failed recovery they attempted to tell me that wasn't good enough and that I should have used the trial to test the recovery... only it has a 100mb limit, not really a useful option when the files were larger then that... and it doesn't change the fact that their program is terrible.

They buy reviews, they are disorganized with terrible customer service, and the program is garbage. Steer Clear.