Akitu One

5/5

Michelle

Brilliant Easy to use Software

Reviewed on 2023/02/27

5 star overall experience - customer service is excellent and extremely fast.

Pros

Customer service and well designed. Akitu One has built this program based on the needs of its user. It's so easy to use, everything was been created with meaningful intentions. Just brilliant work and software.

Cons

Honestly, there really isn't anything to not to like about this software. If you ever think of something that can be improved the team is always willing to adapt and improve the functions to make your charting and administration work seamless.

Dentrix and Curve Dental

Reasons for Choosing Akitu One

Cost, Features, Akitu one Canadian based Having used many dental software throughout my career and vetted 7+ software companies when choosing my own. Akitu one was the simplest yet well designed program out of them all. Cost friendly for all features available and an excellent team to work with. So easy to use for clients and practitioners. Easy to send client intake forms and no more struggling clients to fill them out. Everything is customizable to YOUR needs.

Curve Dental

Reasons for Switching to Akitu One

Everything is customizable to your needs- easy client intake forms - easy scheduling, including online booking, recall client list, multiple users/calendars- allows for EDI- easy to preauth treatment for clients - charting is simple yet allows you to complete everything you need - notes templates are amazing, customizable, easy to use - Canadian based - and more...
Jennifer
  • Industry: Medical Practice

AkituOne - So happy we made this change in our office

Reviewed on 2022/10/13

Extraordinary. It has been a pleasure working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and his support people. The quality program, quality people.

Pros

We are less than 6 months with Akitu One. I love the financial system and the invoices. We came from a system that had a terrible financial layout and this has completely changed my mindset when having to do my collections. I love being able to send an invoice by email while still in that invoice. Time savings is a plus, so I am enjoying the fact that information retrieval is usually just a click away, pretty much anywhere in the system. The Akitu Intelligence was a real selling point for me and it has been a fantastic addition to my daily routine.  I must add, there was an unexpected bonus to this software that we did not expect and I am very happy with the decision to purchase AKITUOne. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and his group are THEE most significant features of this program. The overall support and attention that we have received from them right from day one have been amazing. They are open to feedback and suggestions and have been great with some customizations of the program for our office needs.

Cons

The migration was stressful of course. Our office was with another software for over 20 years so we had a lot of information to migrate. I won't lie, there were a lot of financial adjustments to be made after the migration but not the fault of AKITUOne. In fact, they were able to provide me with a list of accounts that needed attention and unlimited support during this time. The reason for the account problems was going from a system that did not use invoices to a system that did. Being on the Administrative side of the office and dealing mostly with the schedule and reports, I can only speak to what I use the most. We have noticed some areas that are limited when rebooking broken appointments and also some limits to booking off of a patient's planned treatments, that information is not carried over to the actual appointment. Not a huge deal but again, I am always looking to save time where I can.  The support staff have been open to this criticism and are looking into ways to address this.

Sonbul

Akitu 1 Dental software

Its good

Pros

IT is very easy to learn, some feature require more clicks.

Cons

It is not compatible with my xray software system, so I can't do bridging

Dentrix Ascend and Curve Dental
Nancy

Dental Software Review

Reviewed on 2023/02/28

Akitu One has been great to work with. They have been attentive to any suggestions and always quick to assist when needed.

Pros

I am just starting out my dental hygiene business but have been in private practice for many years using various dental software programs. Akitu One has been amazingly easy to use and did not require a whole lot of training. From inputing patients profiles, scheduling, charting, billing and running reports, the system does not require you to be tech savvy. Everything is clear and easy to understand. If I had any issues at all, they were simple fixes and customer service was quick to help when needed. Highly recommend Akitu One.

Cons

Not having preset Dental History and Medical History forms available to have a quick start to the program.

Paulette

Akitu One was the best choice for my new Independent Dental Hygiene clinic

Reviewed on 2023/03/05

I am extremely happy with my choice of Akitu One as my dental management software for the start up of my new dental hygiene clinic. I initially chose Akitu One for their cloud-based feature and the clean, modern, organized display of their content and graphics. But I was pleasantly surprised with the overall ease of use of the software, such as scheduling, charting, billing and most importantly the clinical notes templates. I was able to easily create many specific templates that drastically reduced my overall documentation time. In addition, Akitu One's support team has been fantastic. [sensitive content hidden] is quick to respond and is always so helpful with any issues that I have had. Overall my experience with Akitu One has been excellent and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a modern, cloud-based, streamline dental management software.

Pros

cloud-based (I can access the software from anywhere); overall ease of use (very easy to learn and use); modern professional graphics (clear, organized in a not too busy or cluttered layout); ability to easily create personalized, specific clinical notes templates; great customer support (very quick with responses)

Cons

ability to 'move' through the perio chart from tooth to tooth is slow due to needing to click on each tooth with the mouse (ex: when I need to add BOP after having taking the probing measurements); no 'written' support material to reference on my own

Melissa

Best decision about software yet

Complete Satisfaction

Pros

I was really on the fence about the time and effort to switch. However with multiple practices it was impossible to get out current software to function at a level that was even passable. Akitu is cloud based and developed in Ontario so it was a no brainer for the legalities of our College needs.once the decision was made the process was so simple I wish I had done it long ago! The training walks you through all your little hurdles and helps you to become an expert in no time and it functions the way it is meant to!!! They are always taking our request into consideration and want to make it work for us in the clinic!

Cons

Once over the learning curv I really haven't found anything i cant live with in our clinics.

Chantal

Happy User

Reviewed on 2023/02/27

Eugene is the heart of this company. He answers the phone promptly, is extremely knowledgeable and goes above and beyond to improve the software with every suggestion.

Pros

Easy to use, visually appealing. Minimal training required for auxiliary staff.

Cons

There are lots of features that still need some improvement. But in the short time I have been using it a lot of those concerns have been quickly and easily addressed.

adriann

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2023/02/27

Pros

super easy to use, user friendly & modern.

Cons

i think the imaging could use some upgrading. Such as being able to expose x-rays without having to reset each time.

Jackie

Best Customer Support

Reviewed on 2023/02/27

Pros

The software is very user-friendly and modern. I love the look. I also love the customer support-- they are prompt, thorough, and very kind. [sensitive content hidden] is amazing!

Cons

I am still in the process of integrating my camera and x-ray software, but hopefully that will be completed soon!

Meghan

Meghan

Reviewed on 2023/03/03

really good. customer service is great

Pros

Easy features, user friendly, the two way text communication with clients.

Cons

how you have to remake a missed apt from the broken apt lists

Farah

I'm very happy to have chosen Akitu One

Reviewed on 2022/08/01

Fantastic and smooth, we love the software and recommend it for any dental clinic!

Pros

I love that it is very innovative and modern in all its technology, including the drag and drop feature. It is also cloud based, so I never have to worry about losing my information nor a server going down during work day. Customer service and product training have been very accommodating and available when we have needed it. The finance section is very organized, and it makes all adjustments/write offs, credits, prepay etc easy to set for billing. My favorite features of the software is the team chat, recall/planner for booking, and the clear and modern charting.

Cons

I would say some charting conditions I like to implement in my practice were missing, however the development team were able to customize and add them for me by time I started my subscription.

Alyssa

Easy to use, Time Saving Software

Reviewed on 2022/03/15

The overall experience has been great. The software is so easy to use, it took practically no time to pick up. The features help make day to day administration work flow smoothly. I love that the support is so responsive, they really helped in the beginning when I had a lot of questions.

Pros

The software itself was very easy to pickup and learn. The instant messaging feature is very convenient and useful when communicating with other staff members. In regards to billing I use the Akitu One Intelligence feature multiple times a day to ensure my invoices match with the explanation of benefits which has been a HUGE time saver. All of the settings were able to be customized to how our clinic functions, so it really felt like it was made for us.

Cons

The tech staff have been great regarding developing features that may be lacking. We requested some small changes to existing features and they were able to implement those to suite our clinics needs.

Hirak

Best Canadian Software

Reviewed on 2022/10/07

It was Great experience with the team, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] Was amazing ready to help anytime, Co-operative.

Pros

This Is one of the best Software to the ease of the Dental team, easy To manage, easy to learn, would recommend this software should Give a try will work, Love the idea of cloud based software, operate from anywhere

Cons

Billing Part is little bit tricky, need to make sure you are submitting right things No change of mistake, can not change once Billed, there should be something to change it for more conveniency of dental Office, Appointment part Needs a Small Update.

Tracker

Reasons for Choosing Akitu One

Easy use and Quick to grab for new learners

Open Dental