Aloha Cloud Reviews

Aloha Cloud

Software for managing payments and POS transactions

Leigh

No Longer Flying Blind

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

I now have information on sales and inventory movement. This is helping me with staffing and supply chain management.

Pros

The software is so intuitive and user-friendly that my staff had no adoption issues. They were productive in minutes. I found it very easy to set up, and I love the back office functionality.

Cons

I have no complaints about this software. And I used to implement software for a Fortune 20 company.

Toast POS

Reasons for Choosing Aloha Cloud

They did not have a cloud-based solution and the user interface could only be described (charitably) as antiquated.

Reasons for Switching to Aloha Cloud

User interface, promotional hardware bundle, cloud-based back office.
Veeka

NCR Silver

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

Overall it has been a great experience - we went from writing paper slips for every transaction and entering each one manually into Quickbooks to just generating a couple of reports each day in the back office and entering those. It has been wonderful to have saved customer information in the system and not having to rewrite their address again. This is saving us a lot of time and our customers are impressed with our contemporary POS systems since we're a small family business and they don't expect us to be tech-savvy.

Pros

We like that the software is intuitive and has clean design. We like being able to arrange our products in categories ourselves, ability to sell items by singles or by weight, being able to track products sold etc.

Cons

We would like to have more control over receipt printing. Since we do a lot of deliveries, we would want to be able to set the font larger for the customer address and the quantity of the products, also being able to print double receipts right away would be great - one for the customer and one for the delivery driver (right now we have to look up the last transaction and reprint, which is at least 4 steps) We also would like to be able to access older transactions from the POS system - many of our customers want to look up what they ordered last season, or two seasons ago and to do that we have to go through a very long process in back office right now - it's requires going to "results", then "POS transactions" setting the dates manually (no easy option for 1 or multiple years), then searching for customer name, and clicking "line items" for each transaction we want to check. Aside from being a long process, I also don't find that the names for these actions fit how we think of them when we are looking them up. Also merging customer history would be nice - sometimes we accidentally create double or triple customer accounts and it would be nice to be able to combine them.

Patrick
  • Industry: Restaurants

Compare and run demos speak to other users

Reviewed on 2023/04/24

Sure promised lots and delivered little. I over payed for the least technical system out there. This system has been nothing but issues and a problem for our start up. We have had multiple NCR employees say they will fix our issues and disappear .

Pros

They promised a lot but deliver little.

Cons

System never worked as promised. Second party QR codes that you pat]y $$$ for that do not work. Your management will spend more time in office with this system than on floor with guest. Also a loyalty program you can plan on zero help- with

Toast POS

Reasons for Switching to Aloha Cloud

Sold by salesman as state of the art and best of the best with updates and all the tech I wanted. Fell very short at the start of install to today.
Gil
  • Industry: Restaurants

Good compromise between cost and functionality, and great customer service

Reviewed on 2018/07/23

This is a very affordable all-in-one system that lets us track sales, track employee hours and performance, and process credit cards. It does what it is supposed to do quite well. However, like any software, it takes some getting used to, and it is only after a few weeks that you really get comfortable with it. We live in an area where our internet keeps going down, and this system will continue to function even with the internet down. One important note for people in a similar situation is that you should not use the recommended configuration if your internet is shaky. (Their customer service helped us wit this.) They recommend a secure hard wire from the main printer to the internet modem. When the internet goes down, that interrupts communication back to the ipad, and the printer and cash drawer are not functional. Instead, as their person advised us, we use Bluetooth for that connection, and that way the iPad always is connected to the printer and the cash drawer. A minor hassle occurs sometimes when the internet goes down and devices pick up different floating IP addresses, in which case you have to delete existing connections and reconnect the new ones. I believe you can avoid this by using fixed IP addresses, but am not sure how to do that. These are pretty minor glitches once you get used to them.

Pros

POS software is something that you use in real time so it is essential that you be able to fix problems quickly. Their customer service is very good - they almost always pick up at once and they are always able to tell you what to do.

Cons

This is a multi-use system. As a restaurant, we had to get used to some features that are more for general retail, although it does contain things like table assignment and so forth.

Andrew

My Review

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

Overall, it's been a mixed experience. Our local retailer got bought out by NCR and that's been a difficult process because the level of personal support changed for the worse. One of our largest deployments was delayed by six months+ because they couldn't supply us with hardware! Yes, NCR could not supply the stuff they manufacture. But again, that's not a software issue. Specifically software, it's been a good experience.

Pros

Device compatibility across windows workstations. Ease of end user use and ease of basic programming.

Cons

The worst part for us is the lack of the ability to push out changes to terminals without doing a complete system refresh and taking the entire FOH down for > 3 minutes. Often we'll notice a price or an item issue during business hours and have to take the whole FOH down just to update a modifier or something of the like. Also, there's no compatible tablets that work with chip and pin to line bust and run faster drive thru service. That's more of a hardware issue for sure, but it's a real sour note for us. Additionally the IBER process seems to be pretty fragile when using third party services like omnivore and even above store reporting suites. We'll have an IBER crash at least once a week during a busy shift.

Jerry

Solid software but not as versatile as hoped

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

The POS system, like others, allows me to track business flow when not in the store.

Pros

NCR's back office is easily navigated. It is feature rich in many areas, excelling in variations. The modifier portion of the software is decent, but could use some work so that it could be used as a single add on for several items as well as modified price times quantity.

Cons

Can not customize the customer information that you wish to have at a glance.
Can not set up tax exempt customers for automatic tax exemption.
Can not readily link inventory to my existing website.
Can not set up scannable customer ID cards readily.
Can not see inventory at a glance for quick inventory checks on items.
Will not print directly to Dymo Labeler for price tags from back office as Square will when receiving inventory.
Can not set up coupon codes for printable coupons, must set up an offer to apply to everyone.
Sales team said these were all included in the purchase, but were not.
Expensive software, overall less feature rich than Square but 33% higher per month.

Peter
  • Used for 1+ year

It always comes down to service

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

I withheld final payment for the system until all the kinks were worked out and toward the end, I was told I was being given a discount of 10%. I still paid the full contracted amount that was agreed upon before the system was installed, but was confused how the discount was applied since the payment was the same. After many discussions, I finally understood: I was given a pre-purchase discount that sales personnel are allowed to give at their discretion. Someone in billing told me that "I was chosen" for the discount and it did not have to be given and she hoped that would show me their level of commitment. I told her, though the discount was appreciated when it was given months before, the initial discount had nothing to do with the service issues that occurred at installation, hence, that discount could not be applied to the problem. I told her that as a restaurant owner, I could not give someone a gift card as a gesture of generosity, and then, if when using it they had a bad experience, tell them, "at least you didn't pay full price"!

Pros

It works! It accomplishes what we need for the most part and the issues that arise from time to time are generally dealt with easily.

Cons

Service. Setting up the system was a horrible experience. There were no less than 3 trained technicians working on the install, yet it took 4 painful weeks to finally get it working the way it should.
Because it is a computer, I find it hard to believe that we are told sometimes that it cannot do that.

Pasquale

21 year user!

Reviewed on 2023/04/10

Pros

Originally small company great service as they grew the worse the service got.

Cons

Customer service. They lost touch with my industry

Julia

15+ years experience using Aloha POS

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

Aloha used to be more an industry standard but they are falling behind the times due to outdated software and ease of integration.

Pros

Ease of usability for Front of house
Reliable
Industry Standard/ Familiarity
Good customer service if you pay for that service

Cons

Outdated software
Limited additional software upgrades
Lack of reporting options/ We use secondary program to generate reports (CTUIT)

Easy to use software!

Reviewed on 2019/10/19

It makes placing orders for customers so easy because everything is right in front of you on the screen. We are able to take multiple orders at once with this software.

Pros

I like that it's so easy to navigate through the different pages and areas of the software. Everything so self explanatory on the different pages that training someone on it is a breeze!

Cons

I dont like that the software freezes up multiple times a week. When it acts up on one tablet, its messed up on all of them. That can be very inconvenient at times.

Greg
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

NCR Aloha

Reviewed on 2020/11/03

Our overall experience with NCR has been great. The product, while it may be on the higher side of pricing, is well worth what you pay for. You just have to utilize it properly.

Pros

We started out with multiple POS systems across our properties, NCR was the easiest to use and most user friendly for FOH and BOH staff. It is easy to train on and easy to deploy once you have multiple locations. We have tried many other POS providers out there and NCR has always been responsive and quick to solve any issues or answer any questions that may come up.

Cons

Built in reporting lacks compared to other providers, their online reporting tool is good but still has a ways to go when compared to Avero. The initial roll-out of connected payments was needed by us and I wish we would have not went with the Verifone pin pad product they offered at the time. They quite often break down and are buggy.

Courtney

Best Restaurant Software

Reviewed on 2021/02/12

My overall experience with NCR Aloha is that it's the best software for any restaurant. I have used a few different ones and this one is by far my favorite. It's very easy on the back and front end. I do wish the customer service was easier to reach, it takes a while to get ahold of them. However, the software is so user friendly you probably won't need customer service much.

Pros

The best feature about this product is the ease of use. Aloha is extremely simple which makes it easier for new employees who have never served before. The layout is very blocky so that it's easy to read and click. This is true for both computer and mobile devices.

Cons

My least favorite thing about Aloha is that you can't do everything on the mobile app that you can do on the computer. Our servers use mainly the mobile apps, as they are going into theater auditoriums to take orders. It would be nice if you could do ALL functions on both mobile and computer.

Nichole

Aloha! Hello!

Reviewed on 2017/12/10

Pros

Aloha is a lifesaver! I have used many many systems in my 10 years as a waitress and the majority of the companies I have worked for prefer Aloha. The amount of modifiers per entree items help with being intuitive and helps with server training as well. Each entree can be assigned certain buttons that help the servers efficiently place orders with ease of access. There is also a way to add and delete buttons so that should your menu change or need updating, there is a way to update within 24 hours.

Cons

Adding and Deleting buttons is a little complicated if you are not familiar with the system. While you CAN do a lot with the system, it does take a lot of customer support to help any new users navigate through the software. This is a small price to pay for the ease of access that Aloha provides.

Dave
  • Industry: Hospitality

2 good years 2 trash

Reviewed on 2023/02/20

1st 2 years went off without a hitch.. 2nd 2 years started simply by losing one of my kitchen printers. Fast forward I have no kitchen printers basically 2 working terminals out of 3 everyday we are resetting redirecting somehow trying to keep this piece of **** working Now I have a contract saying in 5 years I get all new stuff I'm currently 3 months away ,can't actually get a call back nobody wants to talk to you .FYI I am running window 7 keep in mind I only bought this 4 years ago brand new.

Pros

Easy Of use. Back of the house Simple The program wants me to keep writing here evidently they are looking for more positive things to say about their company good computer trick

Cons

People behind it Help desk knows nothing my managers are telling them how to do things

Lori

NCR Silver for Small Business

Reviewed on 2021/05/18

The up-time and use of the software is good. Easy to get started with new team members. Back-end functionality needs work. Overall it doesn't cause us too many headaches, so more positive than negative.

Pros

The POS portion of NCR Silver is very easy to use. New team members are easily able to understand the categories and screens. Takes advantage of common iPad functionality. Easy to update products and prices. Friendly interface.

Cons

The back-end functionality of NCR Silver is lacking. Inventory management is slow and cumbersome. Email templates and functionality are outdated. Lack of social media integration and easy ecommerce integration in emails.

Andrew
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Great back office product

Reviewed on 2020/11/25

Absolutely great across the board

Absolutely great across the board

Pros

All aspects of back office management is well integrated into one platform.

Cons

Sometimes has long lags in between screens.

Chris
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Still the "GOTO" program for my business....

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

Pros

NCR Silver has been a great program for my business as its reliability is incredible- I don't think NCR has ever been down in the years I have been using it. The user interface is very intuitive and even when off-line (ISP down), once it connects up it re-sync's with their main system and all is well. We highly recommend it to all who ask who we use.

Cons

Honestly, the issues that it has, in my opinion, I have submitted general inquiries and they have actually corrected them in a format that helps all connected- haven't found any issues that I dislike enough to warrant a "dislike".

Brent

Aloha for Restaurant Chains

Reviewed on 2020/11/03

Overall very positive, my rep responds to issues quickly. The helpdesk at night and on weekends needs further training to resolve issues quicker.

Pros

The Aloha system is easy to use, easy to update, and is stable.

Cons

I would like to see Aloha partner with large delivery companies to develop a seem less software addition for incoming orders. It also would be nice to see Configuration Center have an option for live screen view when you are building out menus.

Gabriel

Needs a major overhaul

Reviewed on 2019/12/15

Aloha has potential but overall all is cumbersome to use and not efficient.

Aloha has potential but overall all is cumbersome to use and not efficient.

Pros

Aloha has features that make it easy to adjust pricing and add menu items to tickets. It’s is simple to split checks and take multiple payment methods for an order.

Cons

It is complicated to customize an order of the presets for an item are not programmed in. Deleting or voiding items is not simple and you cannot easily combine tickets. The sales ring in through aloha do not always show up in the main accounting software used by our company.

Vince

Ease of use Software

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

Been using Aloha POS software at three of our restaurants. Easy to train staff. Only negative is that NCR is too big of company to respond to customers needs on a timely basis.

Pros

Quick to learn. Great for multi units operations. No monthly fees, can purchase Aloha outright. Provides necessary reports to efficiently run and operate your business. Durability.

Cons

NCR support response time to issues . Monthly Fees for optional products e-cards, loyalty. Unable to purchase swipe e-cards from other sources.

kelly
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Good for certian business

Reviewed on 2020/02/28

Its been id rate a 7 out of 10. It has helped but it is also limited.

Its been id rate a 7 out of 10. It has helped but it is also limited.

Pros

It is easy to have quick categories to use with this software, see your sale results and send out email promotions. You can use it mobile which is nice.

Cons

You cant really use it for repair store its more for a restaurant based business. Its hard to keep up with warranties and it is limited with customer info notes in the main software mobile.

CJ

System Hasn't Evolved In Several Years

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

Customer service has gotten worse over the last few years and most reps really don't have solutions to anything that isn't basic.

Pros

Very intuitive to use and everything is cloud based.

Cons

The overall system hasn't evolved in 2+ years since we started using it. It's not compatible with Shopify nor is it friendly to any outside developers. There is not a transfer function between stores and the overall reporting is just basic.

Robert

Best POS enterprise on market

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Have used over 4 different POS enterprises. Aloha and NCR is best service and options no questions asked

Pros

Have used full service, QSR, and mobile pos products and always have been satisfied. Hosted services are a huge plus. Customer support is always painless and quick to produce a solution.

Cons

A little pricey but worth paying. If app is implemented it is based off POS database making some changes to the app not feasible

Ryan
  • Industry: Facilities Services

The best if you want success

Reviewed on 2022/11/14

Just a great product that continues to solidify and evolve seemingly without changing a thing...if there ever was truly an old faithful in business software...this is and has always been it!

Pros

It's the complete package, nothing I can't do, I have always loved Aloha, if you don't have it because you can't afford it, I can understand that. If you don't have it and can afford it...you're just not very bright.

Cons

Price but whatever...it is 100% worth it, if it was mine I wouldn't sell it cheap either...support is what you pay for the product, as expensive as it is, is still worth waaaaaaaay more than what you pay for it in percentage of mistakes lost alone! Dial into your number and find the money for it!

Trishna
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great way to streamline operations

Reviewed on 2022/06/26

Pros

Love that I can manage various aspects of my business-from point of sale, to inventory, and everything in between- via a single platform

Cons

It does take a little time to get used to all of the different features, and I find it takes a little too much effort to edit/change menu items from the back end