Yahoo Mail

Write a Review!
Web-based email application for desktop and mobile devices

4.5/5
4.1/5
4.3/5
4.1/5

Melvin M
Melvin M

User Friendly Experience

Reviewed on 2022/05/12

Pros

It's unique email features and user friendly interface is what influences me as a current user of Yahoo Mail till date. I'm able to send emails to anyone using email service in the world with zero challenges.

Cons

The fact that the software has major competition from Gmail. I love Yahoo mail personally Yahoo Mail looks better than its competition but others prefer Gmail , I personally dont understand why , I love Yahoo!

Vijay
Vijay
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Wonderful Application for Email

Reviewed on 2022/09/06

My overall experience which was more than 2 years was not bad. I can say that it's good to use for email at small scale.

Pros

I have been using Yahoo mail service since last two years. I find it very interesting, easy to use, better management of emails, proper challen for daily email to your company employees.

Cons

It's charged for using extra mail services. I find difficulty because i can't use proper feature as it's paid.

Zoho Mail

Reasons for Choosing Yahoo Mail

I switched from zoho mail because it has small amount of data storage. It was 5 GB only.

Zoho Mail

Reasons for Switching to Yahoo Mail

Yahoo mail is better than Zoho and it good for daily high mb receiving and sending of emails in your business.
Daniel
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Excellent option for small businesses!!

Reviewed on 2024/04/12

Pros

Clean interface, Spam protection, storage capacity, excellent for both personal and professional needs!!

Cons

I have no issues with Yahoo mail, it is a great choice!

Camille
  • Industry: Entertainment

Horrible or such a large company

Reviewed on 2022/11/05

Not great. If I didn't have so much personal items saved on my email, I would've deleted my account long ago.

Pros

I can change the colors of my email account

Cons

I got my first Yahoo account in 2007. I used it occasionally but not frequently. With no warning whatsoever, when I logged in last time, Yahoo informed me that they had "deleted my account" because "I hadn't been logged in for a while" it had only been maybe seven months. All of my personal emails were just gone without notice. With my second and current account, I've had since 2012. I have emails that I know I've written but when searching for them, they are not found. The search filter is terrible. When you search for a keyword, something entirely different will show up. Even photos will show up even though you specified you were looking for an email, not an attachment. As far as spam goes, within the past two years the amount of spam I receive has increased. I've blocked several email addresses on my Yahoo account and yet Yahoo still allows me to receive emails from that sender. I've had to change my password probably 15 times simply because Yahoo thinks my password is not strong enough. And constantly notify me telling me I need to protect my account by paying for the password subscription protection. It's distasteful. Not to mention the two step verification I encounter when logging into a new device. I log into a new device, it says they don't recognize it so I need to confirm a code on my secondary email, but in order to log into my secondary email, I have to log out of the email I'm currently trying to log into (because they're both Yahoo)

Muhammad Daud
Muhammad Daud
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Easy Email Management

Reviewed on 2024/03/22

I have found Yahoo Mail very easy to use, Yahoo Mail also provides a news feed and features essential for mail. I have found it very easy to get with and work with clients through Yahoo Promotion.

Pros

Yahoo Email is quick, manageable, spam-filtered, and easy to maintain. Yahoo Mail is safer to send with data integrity and safer attachments.
Yahoo mail is quick, spam-free, and simpler. I have found Yahoo mail to be more filtered for marketing emails sent requiring whitelisting.

Cons

Yahoo Email lacks some advanced features that are found in Gmail or other vendor emails. Unlike Office365, it doesn't provide much user/policy and admin experience.

Gmail

Reasons for Switching to Yahoo Mail

Simpler to use for basic email features.
Robert
Robert
  • Industry: Printing

Good Enough

Reviewed on 2022/10/07

It's been okay but, not great. I use it when I have to but, I sometimes get a little embarrassed giving people my Yahoo email address. To be frank.

Pros

It works about as well as any other mail software, it's just not vastly different.

Cons

My main con would be the connotation that Yahoo mail gives others and the people that use it are generally looked upon as archaic, old & outdated. It's similar to how people view AOL, Hotmail or Outlook.

Microsoft Outlook and Gmail

Reasons for Switching to Yahoo Mail

It's an email address that I have had for a long time so I kept it.
Luiz
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

It could be better! But it's pratical!

Reviewed on 2021/09/09

It was a good experience. But I believe that as a tool, it still has a lot to improve.

Pros

Yahoo email is practical and simple to use.
And because it's integrated with a search engine, it's easier to find and send what you want.

Cons

The platform could be more attractive to the user, with better customization options. Mainly in the PC version.
I believe Yahoo could try to have better differentials, even to call public for this email.

Lynn
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

YahooMail

Reviewed on 2024/05/11

Pros

Ease of use and the length of time that you can still retrieve old emails.

Cons

Nothing I can immediately identify as I've not had any issues with Yahoo mail

Ali
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Yahoo mail from the firsts

Reviewed on 2024/05/15

Pros

I think the most successful service provider in spam management, which is one of the most important issues for mail.

Cons

The sensitivity in spam control causes false positives in some cases.

SHAH MD UBADAH
SHAH MD UBADAH

From a user view

Reviewed on 2024/05/16

It's a great product no doubt. I am satisfy with it's core work. I like it. And I wish yahoo may re back it's own place again.

Pros

It's nice looking interface, it's encourage more attention to write read a mail.

Cons

In previous like 2012-2016 all company prefer commercial mail over yahoo, Still yahoo has lots of satisfied user. I think yahoo need to alive it's previous user.

Tonya
  • Industry: Program Development

Yahoooooooo! is my go toooooooo!

Reviewed on 2021/06/29

Overall, Yahoo Mail meets all my business and personal email needs. I do like it better than the others I've tried and I've used all the major ones personally and/or professionally. I think it's quite a bit more comprehensive than Gmail, which is the other one I've used most often. I think if you have moderate technical skills and aren't easily frustrated, this email app is a good choice, especially for any small business and/or personal use.

Pros

This is the business and personal email that I FINALLY settled on. I had trouble finding one that had all the features that I wanted and was easy to navigate around. This one came the closest over the ones that I tried. I love that I can create, which seems to be an unlimited number of folders, to keep saved mail in. I'm pretty OCD about saving and organizing my emails, so this is a great feature for me. I also like that if I happen to get Spam in my inbox, I can flag it as such and it will move it to Spam box. Then it marks it that way permanently, so nothing I get from that sender will get back into my inbox. I also use the Subscription feature quite a bit to manage which regular distribution lists, I want to remain on.

Cons

I know there is a lot to this app that I have not tapped into. For me, I've played around with it and have pretty much tapped out on all the features I can master myself. I feel that I would need someone to walk me through additional features or watch a tutorial, to get the full use of what's possible. I don't think it should be that complicated to use the features on a mail app. In fact, it took me almost a year to figure out how to delete emails in mass quantity. When looking into this, I found other users had the same frustration with the particular version I was using. Now, that is a very basic function that should be much easier to figure out!

Anouar

An email management platform that I would recommend to anyone as an alternative to Gmail.

Reviewed on 2023/05/04

I would recommend it to anyone as a Gmail alternative who wants Yahoo Mail. My experience is good.

Pros

An alternative platform for Gmail, such as Gmail, is simple and easy, with many options and features, and provides paid subscriptionsThere is an app over the phone.Professional email can be done.There are some companies that only accept the Yahoo Mail platform.

Cons

* Ads appear in messages.* The user suffers from the problem of continuous automatic closing of the application, as the application requests to close it while working on it, which is a strange and illogical defect, and updates are constantly seeking to solve it, but it is still stuck.* Some features on the desktop Yahoo Mail app are not available on mobile devices, including reactivating an account after being suspended, sending to a contact list, modifying spam settings, and displaying the full email address.* If the Yahoo Mail account period has passed, the account will be suspended.

Shoukhin

Perfect Option for Fast Email communication

Reviewed on 2022/02/24

I've tried all the other mail apps, and Yahoo mail is by far the good.

I've tried all the other mail apps, and Yahoo mail is by far the good.

Pros

If you're looking for a great way to stay in touch with your contacts, then yahoo mail is a perfect choice. With this service, you can easily send and receive messages using any device. I am a heavy user and it handles mail, calendar, and contacts without a hiccup. I can get to it on my computer, phone, and tablet, which is nice for keeping up with mail across different platforms. The app is well designed and easy to use. The ability to sort emails by when they were received, or if they were received in response to something else is super helpful, I can easily see things in chronological order.
Yahoo mail allows you to set your inbox to different folders and labels so you can easily organize your email communications. You can add signatures to your emails and take advantage of other features that are included.

Cons

It always has ads and pops, even when you are in the middle of writing an email. The pop-ups are very annoying especially when you are in a hurry to send an email.

Michelle
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Disappointed with Yahoo mail

Reviewed on 2022/08/11

At first it was my go to mail site but after losing access to my account and how difficult it is for me not to get my stuff back from this account my experience with Yahoo mail has not been pleasant and would never go back to it

Pros

When I first started using Yahoo mail it was an easy program to navigate it was one of my favorite email sites easy to understand easy to use and easy to get into

Cons

The thing that I did not like about Yahoo mail was I was not able to get into my site very easily and was shut down and shut out I tried changing My password I tried calling support I tried using my alternative phone number it would not let me in I didn't feel like I got enough support from the help sources to get back into my account so I lost all my contacts my mail photos and files and have no way of recovering it that I can foreseeably see

Praveen
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Yahoo mail is doing great in my last 20 years experience

Reviewed on 2022/08/11

Overall experience is very good, i am satisfied being a long time user

Overall experience is very good, i am satisfied being a long time user

Pros

The inbox looks user friendly also composing new mails is very easy to work with. I trust on the success rate of the email sending feature.

Cons

The search and filter options need to be more precise and deletion of multiple mails at once should be an easy process.

Rediffmail Pro, Gmail and AOL Mail

Reasons for Switching to Yahoo Mail

I found yahoo mail is the easiest and consistent in its goodwill. It is a highly trustable email hosting website.
marquita

Been with Yahoo for 23 years and plan on staying another 23

Reviewed on 2022/04/29

Yahoo is great for what it's worth, FREE email account with 1TB of storage, you can't beat that with a stick!

Pros

I like that its free, I like the comfort and reliability of Yahoo mail. I have been with them since before I had children and now my children have their own Yahoo email accounts.

Cons

I can't stand the amount of spam that doesn't get blocked
I don't like that important emails get routed to the s[am folder
Lastly, I could do without the ads, In the 23 years I've had an account well 2 with Yahoo, I have never clicked on and ad because I was intrigued.

AOL Mail

Reasons for Choosing Yahoo Mail

I thought I would see less spam starting over from scratch and from what I thought at the time was a bigger named provider

Reasons for Switching to Yahoo Mail

AOL seemed as if it was for the young crowd, All I was really hearing about with AOL was chats honestly
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Yahoo For You & Me

Reviewed on 2022/08/30

Yahoo Mail has always been an extremely easy platform for all of my e-mailing needs! I have always had a positive experience with Yahoo Mail and will continue to recommend it to my co-workers, colleagues, and friends their primary source of e-mailing due to the ease of the platform, the cheap price, solid updates, and the other features that come with. You’re able to use Yahoo Mail across several different platforms and there’s nothing I can think of that I would need in addition to the features it already carries and provides.

Pros

The Yahoo Mail product and platform are extremely easy to use and are all around excellent. The integration with my business and with my schooling where an absolute breeze and I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a mailing system was several features that are easy to use, a platform interface that is compatible with your phone as well as your computer and even iWatch. It has helped me immensely with my school work, collegiate work, business, professional, and personal messaging. It is simple to use, inexpensive, and my top pick for an e-mailing and messaging platform.

Cons

I feel like Yahoo Mail has all of the features that you would need. There aren’t any that I feel I am seriously missing or lacking and that I would add. I definitely will continue to be using Yahoo Mail for a while, as I have already been using it for about 6 years and haven’t had any complaints about the program at all.

Jeanette
Jeanette

Yahoo Email is a Good Email System

Reviewed on 2023/10/12

Yahoo Mail is overall a very positive experience. It holds A LOT of emails even though it is a free account. I am very happy with Yahoo Mail

Pros

I like that I can categorize emails into folders so I can manage them by topic. I like that I can easily search to find emails I am looking for. It's also easy to reply and forward to emails as well as send attachments.

Cons

I use yahoo email for personal purposes because it doesn't integrate well with the Google services I use for my business. My yahoo email is one of the first email providers I used so I have had it for a very long time.

Microsoft Outlook and Gmail

I use both Yahoo Mail and Google Gmail
Anamaria
  • Industry: Design

My dashboard for all email inboxes

Reviewed on 2023/10/08

Love the design, the different inboxes options, and how user-friendly it is.

Love the design, the different inboxes options, and how user-friendly it is.

Pros

I adore Yahoo Mail because I previously had multiple email accounts from other providers as well but it's difficult and time-consuming to check them all one by one. Yahoo Mail is awesome for that because it lets you integrate everything and you have all your inboxes in the same place!

Cons

Sometimes you have to refresh a couple of times for the emails to come in. However, this is ok since it's the case for all similar providers.

Amit
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Best Free Email Service

Reviewed on 2022/10/08

Overall all features are very good , I am using Yahoo Mail from last 15 years and very satisfied but only thing is it has to update its features.

Pros

Storage, Can chat without downloading anything as soon as you open your mail box right hand side a chat box appears where you can chat and do mail simultaneously with your contacts, Has free calendar functionality. Scans emails for viruses thus help you protect your mails.

Cons

This mail box need to update itself and provide a good customer care, If you are giving something for free you should not compensate with advertisements to recover the cost, Commercial advertisements keep on floating which distracts the user and reduce concentration on important work.

Rediffmail Pro

Features.
Kayla
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Sometimes good sometimes bad!!

Reviewed on 2023/06/20

Sometimes spam goes to inbox and inbox goes to spam. And deleted messages randomly reappear causing you to have to delete multiple times

Pros

I like that yahoo is users friendly with the conveniences of on screen notifications. Not overpriced for small businesses and a ton of built in templates for a variety of emails that are easy to follow.

Cons

Security. Since the 2016 data breach it kind of makes you worry a bit. And during an internet outage you have no access to email of importance.

Jason
Jason
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

My experience on Yahoo Mail

Reviewed on 2024/03/18

Yahoo Mail is an essential and friendly email management tool that I've used in my entire life

Pros

Yahoo Mail is an essential email management app for me. Have been using it for 6 years and it really helpful. Customizing theme on Yahoo is a great feature that I love. Receiving online order notification is really helpful and saves time.

Cons

I don't have any complaints on this tool yet. Recommend for everyone to use.

Ashan

Great email management tool

Reviewed on 2024/03/13

Easy registration and easy to use yahoo mail.

Easy registration and easy to use yahoo mail.

Pros

Yahoo mail is great email management tool that help for me. Super easy to use it and can customize entire UI theme colour and others as I want. Email notification alerts are receiving perfectly and receiving updates that I've ordered in online.

Cons

Nope. I haven't any dislike features about Yahoo mail.

Jose Manuel

Good email service but not as good as Gmail

Reviewed on 2023/12/16

It is a great email service but as a second tool. My main email service is Gmail

Pros

To find emails works quite well (quicky and exact) and I can manage different emails accounts

Cons

I receive too much spam and despite giving feedback that some emails are spam doesn't seem to work fine

Gmail

Reasons for Switching to Yahoo Mail

I just wanted to have a second email service
Shahriyar
Shahriyar
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Yahoo Mail.. The Guru of Email services.

Reviewed on 2021/08/19

Yahoo mail is a very simple and secure email service and has been my primary email service for many years, though I still use it but along with gmail as i am and android user.

Pros

Yahoo Mail is and excellent email service provider and is among the ones that started to provide free email services to public and wide. Yahoo mail's user interface is very simple and easy to use. It highly values the safety and privacy of its users and their communications. Its spam blocker is very efficient and keeps almost every spam mail from getting into your inbox. Users get a storage space of 1 TB with its standard free account, which is a lot to save emails and the attachments.

Cons

There is a size limit of 25 mb for a single file in Yahoo mail for sending attachments. Also it shows ads in the main inbox and send notifications about general issues (like covid nowdays), rest of that, it is a perfect email service provider.