ThankView

Personalized video creation platform

Lauren Kay
Lauren Kay
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Deepening relationships in an increasingly digital landscape

Reviewed on 2022/12/24

We started using ThankView during the pandemic to maintain relationships where we would typically use in-person meetings. Now, we use ThankView in a number of creative ways, including donor updates, donation-specific thank you messages, and general impact messaging. The results have been truly amazing — we often get responses from stakeholders telling us that our ThankViews are the best thank you’s they have ever received.

Pros

ThankView makes it easy to put relationships first. I especially like that ThankView allows us to choose strategic goals for each campaign (thanking, fundraising, birthdays/anniversaries, etc), with custom templates for each type. We use the video request feature often, which has allowed our team to collaborate on our donor stewardship.

Cons

The process for creating new landing pages/envelopes is functional, but clunky. To create, one has to break the campaign creation flow and enter a new workflow.

Lynnsey
Lynnsey

ThankView is a godsend!

Reviewed on 2021/11/09

Again, couldn't live without it!

Again, couldn't live without it!

Pros

I couldn't do my job without ThankView, especially when the pandemic hit. It's super user friendly and a great way to send videos of thanks from our students to our donors. It's an amazing platform!!!

Cons

Honestly, there's not much I don't like. Perhaps some of the contact database management isn't as clean as it could be, but overall it's great.

Melissa

ThankView Review

Reviewed on 2021/05/14

So far we are impressed and excited about what it can do.

So far we are impressed and excited about what it can do.

Pros

Easability. It is simple to use-- we are able to send texts to program participants to develop videos and then pull them together.

Cons

We are still learning the software so it is hard to say at this time.

Chelsea

Go ThankView!

Reviewed on 2023/06/07

Highly recommend! We can easily and meaningfully connect with our audience in quick and effecient ways. LOVE THANKVIEW!

Pros

I love the ease of use of the platform, the video request feature where you can add a recommended script and video tips, as well as the video editing features. Top notch!

Cons

I do not see a pattern within our star rating system. I've seen people open emails, watch videos, and they are at a lower star score than others.

Savannah
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

The best platform out there to reach higher education donors

Reviewed on 2023/07/05

We are thriving with our donor touch points and it's all thanks to Thankview!

We are thriving with our donor touch points and it's all thanks to Thankview!

Pros

The impact that Thankview has made on our donor base is incredible. We get to show them updates, thank them, and show how their money is helping University of the Cumberland's students!

Cons

I would like to have more customizable features. Especially on the "watch your video" bar on the thumbnail feature.

Amy

ThankView Makes a Difference in Marketing & Fundraising

Reviewed on 2023/10/13

I love ThankView and would recommend it.

I love ThankView and would recommend it.

Pros

We use ThankView video emails as part of our recruitment program. We send emails to our database alerting them to Open Houses. We also send Thank You for attending open house videos. We also use ThankView to send invitations to our fundraising gala, and we use it for for Giving Tuesday. Giving Tuesday we send out grade-specific emails encouraging donations. We also send out personalized thank you videos with students recording a video especially for their parents. We have received great feedback on the videos.

Cons

It is hard to come up with a con. I've been pleased with customer service. When I have had a question in the past, the response has been quick.

Thanavy

Great for Stewardship

Reviewed on 2023/09/05

Pros

It's a great tool to thank our donors on a mass scale and reach those checkpoint goals for our donors. I can easily make videos from students or other university community members to share with others. It's a really simple platform that has great impact.

Cons

I don't have any issues with ThankView. There could be more themes and music for users to add into their videos for some variety.

Celena

ThankView is great for non-profit fundraising and donor engagement

Reviewed on 2023/12/04

I have been using ThankView for donor stewardship and recognition. It has been so easy to learn and use. I use this tool weekly as a way to thank new donors and at other times to keep donors informed about what we are doing.

Options for design
Reporting and Tools are very easy and helpful

Cons

Nothing - I have found that ThankView is very easy to use and the support is great!

Brittany
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Wingate University loves ThankView!

Reviewed on 2023/11/10

Overall, the platform has been a great asset for our University. We share our account across multiple divisions, allowing us to use it for prospective students, parents, alumni, donors, and friends of the University. It gives us some variety in our communications.

Pros

Thankview is super user-friendly, both as a professional and an end-user. And it looks great!

Cons

If there is something to dislike about ThankView, I haven't found it yet!

Sarah
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Thankview is great for our Student Foundation

Reviewed on 2023/08/24

Pros

We have really enjoyed the personal touch with our alumni and sharing the faces of our student org!

Cons

We love the recent addition of the start over button. Before we would make a mistake and rerecord, but a reviewer might not have the same timing as us and erase the good version! Hope that makes sense but the start over has been a blessing this year with 3K videos!

Tori

10/10 recommend!

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

Our overall experience with ThankView has been very positive. We love the product (it happens to be my favorite product that we've invested in in my 9 years in my role). The personalized experience that we're able to provide our donors and constituents using ThankView is unlike anything else we are able to do using other products that we have available to us.

Pros

ThankView has been a game changer for our nonprofit organization, especially in this "COVID-19 digital landscape!" There are so many things we like:
1) We use it primarily to send personalized thank you videos to donors and birthday emails, but have found other uses for it as well. The response that we receive from our donors and constituents is worth the cost of the software. People love receiving personalized communications and we've been able to build some great relationships.
2) It is easy to use (so easy that I was able to virtually train a group of college students to use it on their own) and very efficient when it comes to sending personalized communication to our constituents. We can send about 50 personalized videos in less than 1. 5 hours.
3) You're able to see who opened, clicked, and watched your video.
4) ThankView was actually been a really great way for us to keep our student employees working during our COVID-19 shutdown this year as well.

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to see within the platform who responded to an email and also a way to respond within the platform to the email to track the correspondence there (so it can be easily exported and added to our CRM).

Stormie

ILYSM, ThankView ❤️

Reviewed on 2021/09/27

We use ThankView for fundraising, alumni engagement (inviting them to events, sending updates, etc.), and improving our team's culture. We might use ThankView a little too much, hehe. The [SENSITIVE CONTENT] of our Foundation sent individual thank you videos to each staff member during the pandemic to boost morale. We also have received so much good feedback about personalized videos that we couldn't go back to how we were before. ThankView has absolutely changed how we communicate with our constituents for the better. We would be lost without you, ThankView.

Pros

ThankView is by far our most favorite software. The ease and user-friendliness of the platform is absolutely unbeatable in our eyes and 1,000% worth the investment. The reporting and analytics also blow other platforms out of the water, I WISH we could use ThankView for all of our communications.

Cons

I wish you could both text and email in a single campaign, but that is something very minor and doesn't negatively impact my experience with ThankView.

Julia
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Easy to use and impactful video tool

Reviewed on 2022/12/20

We wanted to increase the amount of personalized stewardship that our team sends without increasing the number of staff. ThankView has allowed us to use video at scale, sending personalized touches to many people with a small investment of time.

Pros

ThankView is simple to use - the website walks you through the steps to creating a successful video landing page and makes it difficult to mess up. I love the ability to create custom landing pages with different imagery depending on the focus of the video. I also appreciate how easy it is to use a single video to send personalized communication to many people. Even if we don't say an individual's name in the video itself, the ability to include their name in the email and on the landing page makes it feel truly personalized. I also love that we can have users record videos directly in the ThankView system, which makes it easy to add them to landing pages.

Cons

I find the system very intuitive on the whole. I did experience a small learning curve in understanding where within the system I can create branded landing pages and envelopes outside of creating them within a campaign, but that was easy to overcome.

Kristy
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

ThankView is a real partner!

Reviewed on 2021/10/05

I work for the Donor Relations department at UofA. We are trying to connect donors with student award recipients, and the Chairs and Professors they support. We send a First Time Donor video from the software. We are trying to build connection and donor satifaction and ThankView is helping us do that.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. It is visually appealing and we have had wonderful feedback from donors who have received the personal video messages as well as the internal audiences that love the professional look and feel of the ThankView email package. Also their customer service is off the charts!

Cons

We are struggling a bit with how to manage the number of contacts that we have. Contacts are tied to analytics of all campaigns, therefore, if you delete a contact, it deletes their metrics associated with the campaigns they were a part of. We also wish that the PDF function wasn't an additional fee as it was not really accessible for our organization, but definitely would have been a feature we would have implemented (particularly if you could have paid a la carte, vs. the package option).

Heidi

ThankView is great!

Reviewed on 2022/12/22

Overall, the experience has been awesome! Our customer reps are always great and friendly, helping us navigate what's worked well over the quarter and what areas we can focus more on to get the most out of the platform. I love that they're constantly acquiring new resources and always seeing what more they can do and offer for the user.

Pros

I love the ease of sending videos to our audience. The platform is super easy to use and love that we can brand our messaging to look and feel like it's coming from the SDSU Foundation. I have also appreciated the ability to send out videos via text, creating more opportunities to connect with donors.

Cons

This isn't something I don't necessarily not like, but one area that could be improved if offering a vertical template for importing videos on the platform. With social media favoring vertical videos, I feel like it would create a better user experience plus our students who create the videos are more familiar with

Hannah

Florida State University Foundation Review

Reviewed on 2021/10/04

Overall, our experience has been nothing short of wonderful. The entirety of ThankView's brand is in line with their employees. They are FUN, engaging, and challenge us to do better for our teams.

Pros

Our entire donor relations team utilizes ThankView weekly, if not daily. It has been a great tool in connecting with our donors during this transitional time of practicing online uses because of Covid-19. It has brought our constituents closer together, made connecting with donors easy, and is SUPER user-friendly.

Cons

I wish we could delete our contacts on our own at large scale without messing with metrics that have already been created within certain campaigns.

Nicole

Thank You for ThankView!

Reviewed on 2021/05/18

ECU signed on with ThankView as an outreach tool for our donors. Little did we know a global pandemic would increase our usage 10fold! We've used the software to connect our donors with those who are receiving their direct support. Additionally, we are beginning to integrate solicitations in our more typically stewardship messages. I cannot wait to see how many potential donors we can turn into donors by visually telling our story!

Pros

As a ThankView user for more than two years, I'm continually impressed with their attention to customer service. Their product is outstanding, always adding features, and easy to use - but it is their attention to the customer that sets them above the rest!

Cons

We've had only one true "issue" with the software during our two years of use. We identified the issue and quickly had a response from customer support. Now, as a LARGE institution with more than 100,000 contacts in use the new pricing structure can be a bit of a burden. However, our customer service representative has been more than helpful in navigating the renewal and how to get the best bang for our buck with the software.

Cody

Virtual Relationship Building At Its Finest

Reviewed on 2021/05/13

With the influx of new donors at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, our team was desperate to find a new tool that helped us welcome and steward relationships in a virtual world. We were unable to host these new donors in person as our distribution center was closed to the public, but our major gifts team felt it was important to make some semblance of a face-to-face relationship with our donor base. ThankView provided us that opportunity. Quite quickly we were able to send personalized messages to our new donors and introduce ourselves to them so they knew who we were and more importantly what their critical investment meant for those going hungry in our community. The software was easy to use and we were able to repurpose some videos our marketing team already had on file to educate our new donors about the impact they had while having a friendly face thanking them for their support. I am not sure how else we would have been able to plant those seeds with this new donor base had it not been for ThankView. As we head into our second year, we are encouraged by the feedback from our donors as well as all of the opportunities ThankView has provided us by sharing best practices on their Facebook group and events like the Thankies. We are very excited about this new tool and look forward to continuing to share our successes with the ThankView team.

Pros

Easy for users of all technology backgrounds to use, beautiful landing pages, great templates and music selection, overall great feedback from donors about the platform

Cons

We wish there was a better way to manage lists with multiple gift officers in the platform uploading their constituents. If done incorrectly, it is time consuming to go back and tag constituents to the appropriate lists

Suzanne

ThankView is a great investment for a big impact!

Reviewed on 2021/09/27

ThankView allows our small team to make a big impact with donors across the nation. Each donor can feel the appreciation we have and be personally engaged, while making sure our team is not stretched thin and we stay within budget.

Pros

ThankView allows our organization to keep in touch with donors with genuine and "in-person" type feel at a low overhead. ThankView is very user friendly by guiding you along the way, providing best recording tips when you solicit video responses and by keeping everything streamlined.

Cons

One addition to the analytics tool would be having the platform identify contacts that previously engaged highly with a video that did not engage to the same degree; this analytic could be month over month or compare the last campaign the contact received to the most recent one.

Jen

The Personalization Kings

Reviewed on 2021/08/03

We have been able to transition a lot of our donor touchpoints to digital, which was especially helpful over the last year during the pandemic. We were able to use ThankView in real time to thank our Giving Day donors as they were giving on the day. We've never been able to do that before. The ease of the product, the personalization to donors, and the customer service that ThankView offers has been unbeatable!

Pros

The impact of the pieces on our donors by being able to personalize the videos and text is the best part. As a user, ThankView is so easy to use. I wouldn't have said video skills were my thing, but ThankView makes it so easy to do all the technical items that are challenging for those of us not used to working with videos.

Cons

There's not really anything I don't like.

Mike
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

ThankView elevated our entire donor relations program

Reviewed on 2023/02/10

Pros

ThankView allows for very easy collection of high-impact video content to send to our donors.

Cons

The only thing I'd like to be able to do is bulk delete/archive contacts and videos.

James
James
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

A valuable investment for engaging your audience and stewarding donors

Reviewed on 2022/11/30

ThankView is providing our organization with a more personal and engaging way to interact with all of our audience segments. Video can seem daunting, but ThankView does a great job of simplifying the entire production process while still producing a high-quality product.

Pros

Overall, ThankView is an intuitive application that provides a quality product. If we have questions, ThankView has an extensive resource library and community discussion boards where you can bounce ideas off others using ThankView.

Cons

Honestly, the downsides are minimal. There are some integration limitations but we've found workarounds for most of these. Additionally, ThankView is continually rolling out new features and enhancing existing ones. They make a point to listen to client feedback and consider requests.

Liz

ThankView is the best!

Reviewed on 2021/11/18

Fantastic!

Fantastic!

Pros

ThankView provides an easy to use product that allows us to meaningfully connect with our donors. We are able to offer personalized video thank you messages that mean so much more than a regular email. Not only that, their staff are friendly, helpful and responsive. I would recommend ThankView to everyone.

Cons

The software is great as it is. There are a few additional features that might make it even better, but they are usually getting ready to roll those things out as users think of them.

Jonathan

Thankview Review

Reviewed on 2022/02/17

Overall experience is great! I love the features this program has.

Overall experience is great! I love the features this program has.

Pros

Gives us a different approach in reaching out to prospective students for our University!

Cons

After uploading is done, sometimes the website can get confusing.

Madeline

Next level personalization

Reviewed on 2022/06/20

ThankView is very beneficial to create personalized messages to students and donors for higher engagement and great communication. It is a fun message that has many features, like the embed a pdf. This is a great tool for all types of messages.

Pros

The platform is easy to navigate, well organized and has many integration apps. Setting up projects are seamless with the page by page steps and navigation. I really like the message preview to filter through recipients to see merge fields working in real time.

Cons

I think the metrics page could show the spam, bounce and opt-out rates on the overview page of the projects. You can see them by clicking to that section on the left side, but it would be nice to see at a glance.