Paint 3D

Photo editing and graphic design platform

• Industry: Telecommunications

Basic Photo Editing Tool

Reviewed on 2023/01/11

I still like this tool since it doesn't cost much and is perfect for day to day basic use.

Pros

This tool can be used daily by people who is not skilled nor trained to use more advanced tools like photoshop.

Cons

It can be very limiting for advanced photo editors.

Adobe Photoshop
Sotir

How good actually is Paint 3D and what can you do with it

Reviewed on 2022/05/07

I always use Paint 3D when I need a quick edit for an image. I have Windows 10 so I open it with just 2 clicks(it is embedded in the context menu). I am not a professional graphic designer but I have used this software for some quite difficult projects and it has never disappointed me. The various tools it offers are very easy to use. You can work in both 2D and 3D. I suggest you try this amazing and elegant app, and you don't have to pay anything, it's available in the Microsoft Store for free.

Pros

I am going to start with the fact that this software is amazingly user-friendly. The colors, design, and position of all the different tools are just perfect and it all harmonizes so beautifully with the whole app. You can do a quick little edit just to merge, cut, draw something, and add some object to your image or if you are a professional graphic designer or just wanna be a little more creative you can experiment with the more advanced artistic tools and make full 3D projects. The best thing is that Paint 3D is free and you can try it right away.

Cons

My opinion is that the canvas in the original Paint app was a little better than this. Maybe a lot will disagree with me but that is just what I think. That's in view of the fact that with the original paint I feel like you had a little bit more control with the canvas when placing the image. Other than that this software is better in every aspect of the editing process.

Ena
Ena
  • Industry: Import & Export

Could be so much better

Reviewed on 2022/09/01

Fine, but that's all.

Fine, but that's all.

Pros

Being from Microsoft, it mixes very well with the rest of the conglomerate's applications, it's not complicated to understand and it has interesting options. The 3d table is one of them.

Cons

It's very simple in my opinion, it's very similar to the Paint that has existed in Windows all life.

Bill
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great for very basic image editing

Reviewed on 2022/04/26

I mostly use Paint 3D for quick and dirty image editing. Usually I use it to crop and resize images to use on blogs or social media. It's handy for quick stuff like that, when I don't want to open a bloated piece of software that takes forever to load.

Pros

Paint 3D is not for professional graphic designers, but if you need free software that lets you crop, resize, and do some very basic image editing, it's quick and easy to use. No frills, but it's reliable and does what it sets out to do.

Cons

Few features. Sometimes I want to do more with it, but can't.

Kristzander Alcris

"My one stop scanned file editor"

Reviewed on 2022/10/13

Fun!

Fun!

Pros

This my go to software whenever i need to edit some details or words, numbers, values and names on a scanned file templates like, request for permits regarding deliveries or ingress.

You can easily erase parts of the document that you want to edit, then place a text box and type away what you want to replace the ones to deleted.

And that's just one example of scenarios that you can utilize this software and benefit from it being at your disposal. I remember as a kid, that i used to draw with this software using the mouse and paint or color my masterpieces using a virtual airbrush, paint brush and the likes.

Cons

At first you have to figure out what the icons and symbols do, but afterwards this software can be really useful.

Krzysztof

A very good program

Reviewed on 2022/01/25

The program offers basic tools for creating simple three-dimensional objects, it is a big leap in possibilities compared to 2D paint, because it is in windows you will be using, you do not need to look for other programs, unless someone needs to create complex 3D objects.

Pros

The program is easy to use, it has the basic functions of graphics programs, it is free,

Cons

A few more features and layer support are missing.

Nickolas
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Best for amateur photo editors

Reviewed on 2022/02/04

Pros

You can access a lot of simple photo and document editing tools for free. If you have a PC, you probably already have it installed, without having to download software.

Cons

If your career is graphic design or photo editing, you are better off paying for a program like Adobe Photoshop.

Mustafa
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Helpful for template designing

Reviewed on 2022/04/10

Working with Paint 3D makes me feel fun. Besides it is helpful it has an entertaining side.

Pros

This software is coming with Windows 10. So it is easy to reach and operate it. I generally use it when I am working on the preparation of the first templates of the logo kind of works. In simple templates at the beginning of the work this software is very helpful.

Cons

Of course this is not a professinal design program. And this is very time consuming. You cannot do measured detailed works with this program. For professional works you need better programs. I use this only for preparing the templates.

Faten

Paint 3d

Reviewed on 2023/02/22

Pros

Easy to use, kids can easily make amazing models in short time

Cons

No option to save models as obj , stl , or any other extension except glb

Luis Humberto
Luis Humberto
  • Industry: Animation

Paint 3D a nice program to start drawing

Reviewed on 2022/11/09

I started my drawing carrer drawing in paint3D and the 3D part of it got me interested in 3D programs

Pros

Easy to use, you can create 3D objects and works if you're new doing 3D work, it's free if you have Windows (or you can download it in the microsoft store) i like it a lot

Cons

i don't see any cons about paint3D, everything is perfect.

David

my Opinion on Paint 3D

Reviewed on 2022/10/02

not bad i give it a 7 over 10. because i was still able to get the format i was looking for with other software apps.

Pros

I was first introduced to paint 3D when I Started 3D printing. it helped a lot with the design aspect of things.

Cons

it wasn't so good at converting the 3D objects to many other formats.

Tamarah
Tamarah
  • Industry: Online Media

"Painting" in 3D with Paint 3D

Reviewed on 2022/06/14

I love Paint 3D and would continue to use this program moving forward.

I love Paint 3D and would continue to use this program moving forward.

Pros

I like how I am able to edit my screenshots and more with ease while using this program.

Cons

I don't like how sometimes the program gets stuck while using it.

Siaka

Reviewed on 2022/10/31

Pros

It is an easy to use software fast and good features and easy to perform an advertising

Cons

It is a better software. Since I have been using it I have not had any problems with

ozge

Tools for the Ones who want to turn Ordinary Images Into Extraordinary Ones

Reviewed on 2022/05/31

When you want to publish special messages for individual projects and/or corporate social media accounts, this tool is really useful. As a matter of fact, you are not supposed to know different and advanced programs. You can get creative outcomes without using complicated and time consuming tools.

Pros

Thanks to this tool, you can have a chance to work on promising CASEs (Creative - Amazing - Surprising - Entertaining) and get remarkable outcomes

Cons

It would be nice to see all probable options when you select effects

Theo

Paint 3D is a nice free Microsoft tool for basic photo editing

Reviewed on 2023/11/23

Pros

Paint 3D is included with Windows 10 and is a nice improvement over Paint for basic photo editing.

Cons

Unlike Canva, Paint 3D has minimal "shortcuts" for doing basic tasks like creating new business logos.

Troy
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Paint 3D is Better than Paint

Reviewed on 2022/02/10

Pros

Paint 3D has more features than paint, and including three dimensional (as one would think with the name of the software) shapes/objects. It also uses industry common tools like a canvas, saving files as a project/source file, etc. Paint 3D is also free for Windows, so that is a plus.

Cons

Paint 3D isn't super user friendly (e.g. when creating a shape, you cannot select the fill color until after it is created, which I found to be unintuitive), yet isn't as powerful as many free, open source tools available.

lisa
  • Industry: Farming

Like other Microsoft products it Sux

Reviewed on 2022/02/23

I realize I should have learned a different computer system when I was younger.

I realize I should have learned a different computer system when I was younger.

Pros

nothing, it is too hard to use but only way I can do screenshots on this horrible windows 10

Cons

very hard to use and since windows 10 has such horrid color I have to transfer everything to my old computer to work on it

Dillon
  • Industry: Insurance

Big step-up from Paint

Reviewed on 2022/07/08

Pros

Love that this is free and has so many different features. I have used this to edit various pictures and photos and discover something new every time I use it.

Cons

Can take some effort and time to self-learn all the features.

Alexa
Alexa
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

fristh steps

Reviewed on 2023/02/08

Pros

this is a free software that comes with your microsoff office package, its a good way to start in the editing world

Cons

Its lacks some instructions and it could be a little confusing at the first time

• Industry: Facilities Services

Bom

Reviewed on 2023/02/08

Pros

The 3d effects are impressive, it keeps everything beautiful!

Cons

Some functions, more color options could come

Victorio
  • Industry: Food Production
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

paint review

Reviewed on 2022/01/18

Pros

it easy to use and deductible. It has only what is necessary and the tools are very effective

Cons

the layout of the tools i think there are no correct.

Azizur
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

It has a large range of tools and features, allowing me to construct whatever I can think of.

Reviewed on 2023/06/09

I don't have to pay anything to use Paint 3D because it's a free program.

I don't have to pay anything to use Paint 3D because it's a free program.

Pros

Even for those who have never used a digital art program before, Paint 3D is incredibly simple to use. I can get started right away because to the user-friendly design and the abundance of free training.From straightforward drawings to intricate 3D models, Paint 3D may be utilized for a wide range of applications.

Cons

Not all of the functions found in more advanced 3D modeling software are present in Paint 3D. For instance, it lacks an integrated physics engine and a means of producing animations. Other 3D modeling software, such Blender or Autodesk Maya, is more powerful than Paint 3D. You might want to think about using a different application if you need to construct intricate 3D models.

Zbrush

Reasons for Choosing Paint 3D

Not regarded as an industry standard is the blender

Blender

Reasons for Switching to Paint 3D

For those who want to make straightforward 2D or 3D designs, Paint 3D is a suitable choice. The download is free and it is simple to use.
Shaun
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Paint 3D: A bare bones paint software, which oddly has a model viewer?

Reviewed on 2023/11/06

If you run a company and want to use Paint 3D commercially, skip it and go get Krita for 2D, Blender for 3D. If you're some kid finding interesting applications on your parents PC, you're in for a treat. I don't like being harsh here, but it isn't good at really anything except the 'Magic Select,' which is still pretty neat, especially since stuff like it is normally only in paid software. It isn't bad, it isn't good, it's just there. Do I recommend it? Not really, unless you want to mess around with the goofy 3D stuff, which IS fun in its own way.

Pros

Paint 3D is very straight to the point, which is nice, but it's also one of its weaknesses. Everything it has to offer is shown, which makes it very simple to use. It also has a feature which is in my opinion the best part about it, that's called 'Magic Select.' This allows you to select a subject (a character per say) and it will cut it from the initial image it was a part of originally. The 3D elements are a bit out of place, but hey, its interesting and you can even make amalgamations with the models it gives as a default. Also, a really cool thing you can do with these models is paint on them, but I don't know if you can export them as textures or not.

Cons

It's very bland, and lackluster. Not much is there, other than another generic paint software that doesn't compare to the other things on the market (even in the free zone.) The painting elements are what they are, you can spin them around, resize or whatever you like in 3D. Thats it. Next is the 3D aspect of it. The 3D elements are laughable, and, in my opinion, aren't anything even compared to mobile 3D viewing/modeling software. It's pretty much just a viewer. From my knowledge it doesn't even let you use rigs. I don't know why the 3D part exists, but it's pretty much pointless unless you want some guy A-posing Infront of your drawing. Also, if you're like me and get stuck on a black screen and can't do anything in the beginning, well, that explains itself.

Nikki
  • Industry: Photography

Fun tool

Reviewed on 2022/08/22

I have made business cards with Paint 3D and use it to sketch ideas. I attempted to use it for some of my more creative photography but wasn't happy with the results and did not publish.
I chose "Fun tool" as my review title because it is fun and entertaining but falls short of being a professional tool in most cases. Without a touchscreen device and pen even the most talented artist would struggle to create anything of quality.

Pros

The nice thing about Paint 3D is that it came ready to use on my PC. Easiest setup ever. Draw with pen, pencil, crayon, brush, and so on. Change the color, texture, and shape as desired. Choose 3D shapes and models from a categorized library and create your own 3D images. Layer objects or photos and adjust Z axis positioning.
No data/wifi connection required and no bugs or quirks.

Cons

The faunts are very limited and I haven't found a way to import more. Some of the 3D images aren't very realistic, all of the libraries need to be updated.
Other than adding to a photo there's not a lot of photo editing capability.
Nothing from paint 3D makes me want to say "oh wow!".

Przemek
Przemek
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

The best free graphic editor.

Reviewed on 2023/11/03

I am very pleased with working with Pant3D. The projects I carry out using this tool are usually less demanding, but this tool is perfect for them. It contains what is needed without unnecessary additions. A perfect tool for beginners and those just taking their first steps in working with graphics.

Pros

A major advantage of Paint3D is its integration with Windows and the fact that it is available in the operating system. Thanks to this, I do not have to look for graphic programs on the Internet. Using the program is very simple and intuitive and does not require any experience. Moreover, the program itself allows you to create simple but professional graphics that can then be used in publications or on websites.

Cons

Sometimes Paint3D is not enough to perform more complex operations. For example, it is not possible to cut out the background or correct the image. AI tools are also becoming common, making work much easier and unfortunately still missing in Paint3D.