Chatra

Multichannel messaging built for businesses, big and small

Daniel
Daniel
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Chatra for the small businesses

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

Again, can't say enough good things. To have a very good working system on my website that doesn't cost me enough to put me out of the market is huge! Thank you Chatra for allowing the small business to use your services. I hope to be using the serivce daily and at that time I will have the need to have the paid sub. I really like how chatra has allowed me to grow my business.

Pros

I love that even with a small business Chatra allows me to have a free subscription. I know once I'm large enough my loyalty to them will allow me to have a paid subscription.

Cons

I honestly don't have much to dislike about Chatra. Since I've started using them they have always helped me with my free subscription as if I had a large business. I will always remember the help I had while I was sitll growing my small business.

Jahanzeb
Jahanzeb
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Effective Livechat tool for your website

Reviewed on 2021/05/22

Overall it is a nice to to chat with your website visitors and to track their presence.

Pros

It has has a free version and also it offers 10 days free trials for paid versions. Paid version are also very economical. You can chat with your website visitors with this tool. Also the best thing about it is that it connects you with customers through your email and facebook as well.

Cons

They need to improve on their customer support responsiveness and also they could ad some more feature to their free version as well.

Kris
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Simple live chat solution and functional

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Simple, easy to use and implement with nice overall features

Simple, easy to use and implement with nice overall features

Pros

- app version
- free version
- good pricing
- group chat
- able to see visitor's typing

Cons

- support for more integrations
- basic reporting
- not ticketing system in place

Response from Chatra

Thanks for the review! We are working on a ticketing system right now, so stay tuned for the future updates! As for the reports and integrations - what exactly would you like us to add? Please send us your thoughts to [email protected]

Ashly
Ashly

A good tool to increase user conversion

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

We have sussessufly managed to overcome our customer issues by live char using Chatra.

Pros

Chatra is a great tool to increase the chance of converting a user into paid one. We are using Chatra on one of our products and we are really happy with, Chatra helps to chat with our customers easily and know their issues and concerns. A live chat with the customers is made through Chatra

Cons

The main issue is that they don't have an app for the admins or the support agents, all are done on the web side only.

Response from Chatra

Thanks for the review, Ashly! We have desktop and mobile apps, you can get them here: https://chatra.io/apps/

zakaria
zakaria
  • Industry: Telecommunications

chatra chat

Reviewed on 2020/03/13

Pros

it is easy to set up, making chat bot is easy. very intuitive.

Cons

firstly it is not accessible to large quantities of people. and sometimes it hangs but not often.

Jeffrey
Jeffrey

Better Communication

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

If you need to implement chat, try Chatra first.

If you need to implement chat, try Chatra first.

Pros

Our company has struggled with communication (we're a bit outdated), but Chatra changed the game for us. Immediate responses, no hold time (for the phones), canned responses, and no neglected customers. We see the chats when they pop up and don't lose track of conversations. It's awesome!

Cons

We haven't run into anything yet that's been a deal breaker. It's a great tool and we love it.

Response from Chatra

Thanks a lot for the review, Jeffrey! And sorry for the late reply.

Eduardo Jorge
Eduardo Jorge
  • Industry: Accounting

Very nice support chat

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

I have used it for quite a large group of websites and I usually use it.

I have used it for quite a large group of websites and I usually use it.

Pros

With Chatra you can set up an online chat for support in your website.

Cons

You have to pay to remove branding badges and links.

Janet
Janet
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Awesome chat software for a small business!

Reviewed on 2019/03/30

Overall an impactful software that lets me manage customer inquiries or questions effectively.

Pros

Navigating through the application is a breeze and fast. Integration with Shopify is a plus and this software is one of the only ones I use to communicate directly with my customers for my small clothing business.

Cons

With the free version which I used up to a certain point, I wasn't able to change my online activity status.

Response from Chatra

Thanks for the review, Janet!

Pratik
Pratik

It is not yet complete and has potential.

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

Pros

The intuitive and easy to understand chat panel and widget is quite good.

Cons

It does not seem as if the automation's and few features are fully completed, Chatra seems like an beta version of an chat app with a lot of potential

Response from Chatra

Thanks for the feedback, Pratik! We'll keep working on improving Chatra!

Douglas
Douglas
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Haven't used it much yet, but the setup was a breeze

Reviewed on 2018/11/05

Pros

The setup was very easy. The online guide was accurate, & I wasn't left trying to figure out any unexpected hurdles.

Cons

I haven't used it all that much yet, so I don't have any cons at this time.

Response from Chatra

Thanks for the review, Douglas! Hope you'll enjoy using Chatra!

Zax
  • Industry: Entertainment

Chatra is my go-to recommendation

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

I've been an Adobe partner designing and building software for over 20 years. I'm very picky about how software works and feels, but I can't think of one bad thing about Chatra. The experience to the user is very transparent. It stays out of their way until they need help, then it's right there waiting. I can use it to help with conversions. I can use it to help debug problems. I can turn features on and off without programming. It's well-executed, well-designed and support has been very helpful and intelligent. It's also incredibly affordable. I highly recommend it.

Pros

Very easy to add to site. Makes it a lot easier to give customers a personal touch with a small staff. Captures user details that makes debugging problems faster, especially when the problems are only happening on specific devices.

Cons

Believe it or not, I can't think of anything I don't like.

Turned out to be the best option for small online shop project

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Our raw estimate is that we increased sales up to 30% thanks to clients appreciation growth

Pros

We was able to try the chat for free (with single operator only) that made easier to make a decision to purchase Chatra subscription. What we liked them most as we got paid version is ability to create group chats. We have up to 10 operators coming online simultaneously and some of them are experts in particular areas. When some specific question comes up, it's easy to drag expert guy into it.

Cons

Once we got an issue with widget rendering on device with small screen.
By looking into advanced configuration of the widget we were able to figure out how to scale it in proper way though.

Response from Chatra

Thanks for the feedback!

Leigh

Easy - and perfect for our needs

Reviewed on 2016/11/17

We have used Chatra for several months, and find it easy and perfect for our needs. We looked into several solutions, but most of them tried to be so... everything... that they were just complicated, expensive and difficult to apply to our small company. Chatra lets us chat with customers and/or follow up with e-mail later - exactly what we need - and it has definitely increased sales. With saved replies and the ability to see where the customer is surfing, we can respond in a timely and relevant fashion.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Not always sure who receives the chats... or how new chats are allocated between online staff.

Response from Chatra

Thanks for the feedback, Leigh! Chats are assigned like this: new chats come to the queue of all agents online, whoever reacts first and starts typing an answer takes the chat. Once the chat is assigned to a particular agent, it will disappear from the queue of other agents. If you are using automatic triggers and a visitor replies to a proactive invitation sent on behalf of a certain agent, this agent will receive the notification first, and if they do not react within 30 seconds, all other online agents will be notified.

Alex
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great conversion rate

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

Excellent experience, I would recommend this solution for every website owner.

Excellent experience, I would recommend this solution for every website owner.

Pros

I use chatra in my e-commerce and it helped me increase the conversion rate. Many sales were closed using Chatra. Also, I have a database of all contacts made, wich can be very useful for marketing and pos sales purposes. The mobile version works very well and it helped me a lot - even when I was away from my PC, I was not away from my customers.

Cons

Only the pricing model that could be adequated, but it pays for it easily.

Response from Chatra

Thanks for the feedback, Alex!

Brit

Chatra Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

Pros

Works really well and is very affordable

Cons

Load time on web app can be a bit slow. Cross-device notifications don't always clear

Intercom

Reasons for Switching to Chatra

Cost for our company size was better
Pascal

The best chat system I know

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

Installing Chatra on our website has not only changed the way we directly communicate with the users of our website, but also our approach to user research and email collection.
It's obviously great to be available for our users at any moment to help them find a better way to send money abroad or to answer any questions they could have on a money transfer provider, but we also use Chatra pro-actively to ask targeted questions to users matching certain criteria. When we launch a new feature on our comparison platform for example, we'll start a chat with the users using it for the first time to ask them if everything make sense to them.
Even when we're not online on the chat, we configured offline messages in Chatra which help us collect emails of potential leads.
Thanks to Chatra's flexible API, the app is well integrated with our analytics and support software. The chat is now definitively a key part of the user journey of many of our users.

Response from Chatra

Thanks, Pascal!

Stephan
  • Industry: Accounting

Great live chat!

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

Pros

We utilize chatra sometimes in our office, we like to switch it up. Chatra is relatively newer but a lot of engineers in our university office utilize it for communication and find it easy and efficient! I personally find it easy and intuitive as well.

Cons

We enjoy chatra, it's great software to use and have in big offices!

Gede Ananda
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Chat your own way to success

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

I have a website where I sell various merchandise to customers, my traditional way of chatting with the customer is linking my business WhatsApp on the web, after a while I get overwhelmed by the messages. And then my colleague recommends me this app and it's getting the job done quick and simple.

Pros

It's has a free version which surprisingly good, Web integration is so easy and quick, It's come up on all platform Mac, Windows, Web-Based, IoS and Android. Clean and Interesting looking User Interface.

Cons

Expensive if you have more that one agent to handle the customer care, no possible way to archive the message, I wish the free version can be used indefinitely

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Great way for us to talk with our customers on our website

Reviewed on 2019/01/05

Pros

I love Chatra, and we still use it today in our startup. It makes interacting with customers on our website so intuitive and easy for both us and our customers.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Chatra, I will continue to use it in the future.

Response from Chatra

Thanks for the review!

Michael

Best Chat Plug-In

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

From the very first day I installed Chatra, it simply worked! We started to receive chats from customers on our website, and our customers really appreciate receiving instant answers to their questions.

Pros

The many features, and ease of set-up and use.

Cons

Can't think of a single bad thing to say.

Karly

Chatra Review

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

We use the free version - it is great for what we need. It would really help if we could make it so that each customer has to leave some contact details when leaving a message when we are set to away as it means some customers don't get answered if they don't come back to the website which could result in missing a sale.

Pros

Easy to use and manage the site and chats.

Cons

Not able to contact people if they don't leave any details and they may not come back to the site.

Response from Chatra

Thank you for the feedback, Karly! Have you tried checking "Get offline messages only once the form is filled' option in the Pre-chat form settings? This way you can avoid anonymous messages.

JaKarrea
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Chatra is Great!

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

Pros

Easy to use and great for business! Helps you identify customer needs and provide greater sales opportunities.

Cons

we don’t have anything negative to say about the software at this time.

• Industry: Computer Games

A lot of informating and well priced

Very happy with the free version

Very happy with the free version

Pros

It is free, and does its job.
If I'd want to upgrade to a paid plan, it has a lot of great functionalities and very cheap price

Cons

N/A . I'm very happy with it. If I were to say something, that the message sound it makes when someone talks to you, can't be changed, and it can be very annoying during night time

Amajjika

Affordable, Effective and Totally Cool

Reviewed on 2016/11/16

To be honest I have not implemented any other chat programs so my experience is limited to just Chatra. But that experience has been excellent.
Their support team is responsive - I am in a different time zone but I would wake to find all my requests answered effectively, all of the time.
I am not technical but am always made to feel comfortable to continue asking questions to get the most out of the service.
I love the automated ChatBot functionality. It's like being able to walk up to a customer in your store and say can I help you? Used wisely, the ChatBot feature paid for itself after the first customer was converted. I was surprised at the high degree of engagement using this feature... in fact it's the feature that has the MOST engagement in one of my deployments
There may be other programs that offer more or different features, but I have no doubt that Chatra will catch up or surpass your expectations.
I just wish they did more things!

Pros

ChatBot functionality.
Excellent support.
Affordability

Cons

Nothing as yeat

Response from Chatra

Thank you for the feedback, Amajjika!

Katy

Easy to use, good value

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

We've had a good experience thus far with Chatra - the product is easy to use and gets a fair amount of engagement on our website. Chatra's customer service reps are always available to help with questions. I like that I can answer on my laptop or phone, and that it remembers past conversations when someone returns to the website.

My two complaints are that they do not take AmEx, and that you cannot export a spreadsheet/etc. of the contacts and conversations you have on Chatra. However, I'm told that both are coming in the future.

Overall, good value.

Response from Chatra

Thank you Katy! We'll be sure to ping you when we add those features.