ICC Digital Codes Premium Reviews

ICC Digital Codes Premium

Get Digitally Empowered with ICC Digital Codes Premium

Digital Codes Premium empowers me to protect my community

Reviewed on 2023/03/31

I use Digital Codes Premium all the time so that I have quick, reliable, and thorough access to the codes. This empowers me to make better decisions about how to protect the community I serve. It's well worth the investment.

Pros

Digital Codes Premium connects me to the relevant code sections I need quickly and reliably. Using the search function or the navigation tools or the index, I can find the provisions of the code I need to make a decision. And I have great confidence that I've used the code thoroughly and appropriately.

Cons

Thorough understanding of any requirement of the codes requires context, both to related present codes, or the history of code development. Making access to that context easier would facilitate the user answering a difficult question about why those provisions are part of the codes.

Daniel
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Needs a refresh and isn't "Premium"

Reviewed on 2023/10/02

We have a 3-year contract for 50 concurrent users. Several of my staff resort to free versions of other programs (or bought it out-of-pocket) since it is more linked to code and commentary, searching works better, etc. The unique feature of linking to code development is only useful for a small portion of staff. We will do another search and evaluation prior to updating our contract in April 2024.

Pros

Everything we purchased is there, direct connection to code changes

Cons

The ads on the opening page instead of what I need. We bought Premium with the promise that it would be expanding (including NFPA), but find ourselves being locked out of newer documents (like ASHRAE) because we don't have the "new Premium". No connections between the codes, commentaries, and standards like other programs. User interface is dated. Constantly click on a SECTION and get linked to a CHAPTER.

UpCodes

Reasons for Switching to ICC Digital Codes Premium

Link to ICC.
Jesse
  • Industry: Government Administration

I won't go back to paper but it should be much better.

Reviewed on 2023/05/10

Pros

It is the code in a digital format, so it is always correct and up to date.

Cons

The interface is slow and clunky to navigate. I found it difficult search and access the code provisions quickly. There are no cross references to other code sections or definitions. In general I find it slow to navigate such that it is at best equivalent to hardcopy codes. This product does not fully leverage the available technology to provide a superior experience as it should.

Bill

All Access...Little Fee

Reviewed on 2023/02/17

Having a code that you can copy and paste references into emails is super beneficial and a real improvement over a physical book where you need to transcribe code references.

Pros

Set up was easy and only took a few minutes. You don't need licenses for every inspector since they can be used concurrently. Once you get to the code book you want, everything works like you would expect. The best feature is you have access to everything, commentary, study guides, older code editions, etc. Working for a local government, it is hard enough getting them to pay for the codebooks, much less all of the other books that are included in the complete library. It also helps for budgeting, now you just have a subscription to pay.

Cons

The feature where you send code sections to people will sometimes format the section in a weird way.

Response from International Code Council

Bill-We really appreciate your feedback! It is great to hear that you are utilizing the copy and paste feature. Our goal is to provide convenience to our customers by continuing to add the latest codes and standards to ICC Digital Codes Premium.

Timothy
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Tim Fiske's Review

Reviewed on 2023/10/03

Overall I am happy with the transition to digital codes and I am sure the product will continue to get better.

Pros

Overall the product is easy to use and is very nice to be able to quickly click around and get the code section needed without pulling out multiple books and digging for the answer. There is no more fuss with adding in errata pages and mid-code cycle amendments.

Cons

I feel the search function for finding specific books can be hard to navigate, you will type in 2019 California Building Code and then it will bring up other items or links that are not the book itself.

Cruz

ICC Digital Review

Reviewed on 2023/05/03

I am able to research all codes, ability to have study guides for staff on preparation for exams.

Pros

The ability to research all the code you will need to perform your daily job. Have access to all code books and study guides for staff.

Cons

I have no cons. at first signing up was a problem with my licenses for my staff, but a quick call in to support and it was taken care of.

John
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Ease to do Code Analysis for every project.

Reviewed on 2023/05/03

Pros

The search of the states codes are very useful and easy to manage. We do a lot of projects throughout the country and it is the best starting point for every project. The mobile app come handy in meetings and is also very easy to use. This is my first source when I begin my reviews on every project.

Cons

Some of the codes for updates to States are not up to date. It takes them time to get updated, so additional search of the code is required like going to the States web page and searching which take a lot more time. This is the only flaw with the site and would be awesome if all the codes were current.

Jody
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Premimum codes enable efficiency

Reviewed on 2023/05/02

aside from field access the experience was positive.

aside from field access the experience was positive.

Pros

I like that the premium codes give me access to current code, as well as legacy code and some commentary information for explainations.

Cons

an App would be nice to download on electronic devices like Phones and tablets to make them more portable and not having to access a website with wifi

Robert
  • Industry: Public Safety

Great product.

Reviewed on 2023/05/03

So far my experience with ICC Digital Codes Premium has be excellent for the time I've used it.

Pros

The ability to access any ICC materials in the field with out having to have multiple books on hand.

Cons

No real complaints in the time I have use ICC Digital Codes Premium.

• Industry: Civil Engineering

ICC Digital Codes

Reviewed on 2023/05/02

Pros

Relatively easy to use. Searchable document is very helpful

Cons

Some intermittent functionality issues associated with printing occur.

Janice
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Digital Codes Premium is better than paper

Reviewed on 2023/02/22

Pros

Digital is always available - in office or field. It's easy to search terms. I love that I can access the California codes, plus the International codes. And have all the "significant changes" and other value-added documents. And to dig deeper, I love that I can easily access the hearings and understand the reasons for any code changes. And I appreciate having all of the previous years codes for cross referencing. It's so helpful to have a huge library at my fingertips. Plus, using concurrent access allows our staff to save a lot of money compared to the hard copies, with no blue page updates required.

Cons

Switch from tactile paper copies to digital is not everyone's favorite method for accessing codes. It was not a popular choice for those that like flipping pages. Like any change, it takes a while to get confortable with the new format. It also took a little time to figure out navigation.

Response from International Code Council

Janice-Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear of all of the ways you utilize ICC Digital Codes Premium. We continue to grow and expand our platform to provide the latest codes and standards to our customers.

Mark

Great resource!!

Reviewed on 2023/05/02

We are very satisfied with their products and ease of use.

We are very satisfied with their products and ease of use.

Pros

Very easy to use and find the proper code.

Cons

Nothing negative to complain about. The product is great.

Chris

Code Access Simplified

Reviewed on 2023/05/02

Fantastic capabilities and support. Beats a collection of hard copy!

Fantastic capabilities and support. Beats a collection of hard copy!

Pros

Access to multiple code editions applicable across the country where jurisdictions have their bespoke code language based on I-Codes.

Cons

I haven't found a down side. I am able to navigate and access exactly what I need from anywhere.

Daniel
  • Industry: Government Relations

Extremely useful.

Reviewed on 2023/05/03

It has been incredibly helpful. I like to debate with my coworkers about the technicalities in of the code and being able to see the code AND the comments to the code are extremely helpful in having a better understanding of everything that we are looking at. Between that and seeing what other states code for is extremely helpful when I am thinking of joining committees within my own state to begin helping with the codes.

Pros

It's access to multiple years. I deal with existing structures so I need to be able to see what the code looked like for when I place was built. This allows me to do that.

Cons

More past dates: Other side of the coin from the pro is this. I need to be able to go back and check code. This is fantastic with the backdating, but I could always use editions even further back than what is archived in this product.

Lee

Permit & inspections

Reviewed on 2023/03/31

My overall experience has been positive .

My overall experience has been positive .

Pros

I enjoy having access to a lot of the Study Guides & Flash Cards . I would love to see more of these geared toward exam prep & code interpretation .

Cons

The Premium access should include an addition discount in addition to the membership discount for products , exams and more free continuing education classes.

• Industry: Gambling & Casinos
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Biggest bang for your money

Reviewed on 2023/03/30

Good experience, just do not move in the direction that NFPA did with their product line.

Pros

Searching and referencing code sections. Also th ability to toggle between the commentary and code language for ease of viewing and reading.

Cons

It does not go to the specific section number that is selected from te bookmark section. Such as select section 1004.2 of the IBC it brings you to 1004

Russell
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Excellent resource for the field engineer.

Reviewed on 2023/05/02

Knowing what I am able to design in certain cases. Having the commentary version ahs helped me to win more than a few arguments over code intepretation.

Pros

Being able to look up individual sections and printing them as needed have been impactful. Finding code on my phone or tablet on the fly has proven invaluable and worth the price alone.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a downloadable version of the code for when I may not be connected to the internet. Also, having a login last 30 days would be helpful with a reminder to re-log in . I have been caught flat footed because the site wanted me to login and I didn't have my passwords with me.

John

I like it

Easy to use on computer - phone not so much. But I do use it alot

Easy to use on computer - phone not so much. But I do use it alot

Pros

I like the ability to bookmark and add comments, as well as have access to mutliple years

Cons

I keep having to resubscribe with no notice that the program expired. And each time I do, the price goes up from the original subscription price.

Joe

Enjoying Digital Codes Premium!

Overall...excellent...period!

Overall...excellent...period!

Pros

It is very easy to use and extremely informative.

Cons

Can't imagine anything missing as there is more info in there than one would think. I'm still searching and finding new things to explore!

Gerry

Whyt I love ICC's premium subscription

Reviewed on 2023/05/02

It is the best tool for architects or anyone who is in the building industry. Just having a peace of mind knowing that we have it in case we need to get a quick answer. The ability to save and share information with the team is a breeze.

Pros

It is the ease of use for a quick code search and references to share with the design team.

Cons

I don't really have any negative comment about this product. I have absolutely happy and satisfied with it.

Cheressa
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Easy to use, up to date, and readily available

Reviewed on 2023/05/02

Pros

Ease of use. Accessibility and great customer service.

Cons

We did not receive an invoice to renew our subscription so it expired and I had to manually call in and initiate a renewal.

Judith

Great for code reviews

Reviewed on 2023/05/02

The printed versions are always in the office but this is provides information at my fingertips anytime, anywhere.

Pros

I like that I can search, then cut and paste a section onto another document

Cons

The search feature could be better. It sometimes searches areas outside of the area where I am searching.

ashish

"icc digital codes premium review- Great for the field engineer"

Reviewed on 2023/05/30

over all it is great and it has huge set of features.

over all it is great and it has huge set of features.

Pros

it is easy to use and it has great interface and personally i love the ability to bookmark and comments moreover, it is ease for quick code searches and reference to share with design team and we can easily access in the mobile and we can transfer the files and i genuinly love the customer support team.

Cons

the only thing i like the least is premium because it is little higher side for us .

Brian

review

Reviewed on 2023/05/03

Pros

thoroughness... seems to be a complete product.

Cons

search feature is not intuitive. sometimes hard to find and cross-reference items.

Brian

Code Enforcement review.

Reviewed on 2023/05/02

Pros

I am able to search easier with key words.

Cons

I have found that there are too many responses to some key word searches.