Veradigm Practice Management Reviews

Veradigm Practice Management

Practice management software for the front and back office.

Alexandra

Solid Software

Reviewed on 2023/02/13

Straight forward and easy to use. There isn't a very large learning curve which makes it easy for experienced admins to jump right in.

Pros

Allscripts has come a long way in the last 10 years making certain features and reconciling processes easy to use. The software is straight forward and I appreciate that in a full service RCM software. I also like that it integrates with other software making it easier to utilize across companies.

Cons

There are few cons with Allscripts. It is a great software for the clinician but also for the administrative team.

Jessica

Worked great for us!

Reviewed on 2021/12/09

Overall, there were many things I would "update" or "upgrade", but it worked for us consistently with little to no bugs or errors.

Pros

This software was easy to use, somewhat easy to manipulate for our practice. Worked well with multiple providers in multiple departments with several locations.

Cons

It's not aesthetically very attractive. Scheduling could improve with clicking and dragging as well as keeping record of which user altered or cancelled appointments. Only shows who scheduled and the last user to edit. No POS system for us so we used a separate outside POS system. Integrated would have been much easier.

Scott

Are you kidding me?

Reviewed on 2017/06/20

Run away from this company as fast as you can before they hook you and apparently never let you go!!!

Pros

Absolutely nothing. There really was never anything that was good. The only reason I stayed with them as long as I did was the initial investment in both time and money was such that I felt obligated to keep it.

Cons

Don't know where to begin. Was a user for several (5-6) years. Got so frustrated with the constant "upgrades" that did nothing but erase all of the templates that I'd already spent hours compiling. Trying to reach customer service was a joke. Finally saw the light and switched. I now get EMR and office management/billing support for less than half of what Allscripts was charging me annually.
The only problem is that I ended my Allscripts subscription in 2013 and am still getting bills. Got one again today which is what prompted me to go seek out somewhere to post a review for services June 2017 thru June 2018. Again, this is after I terminated service with them in 2013. Pretty fair example of how on top of things they were when I was actually using there services.

Marie
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Not up with the current times

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

We have been unhappy, but our Liason Sally Borel came to the rescue and set up meetings to answer our concerns and has kept in close contact with me. She is a big, big improvement over the Allscript liaison that we had before, Maureen. she never returned any phone calls or emails.

Pros

Careplan charting
Support Team
Sally Borel our Liason
Fact that a clinician does not need to be hooked to WiFi to use
Med profile more user friendly, still needs tweaking to be able to give to a patient

Cons

Not cloud based
Need to sync in order to see documentation
Need a server
You charge by the license and not by the census
Can not use the software on any device
HHA care plan not user friendly

Pam
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Our expenses for a small medical practice were out of control with Allscripts.

Reviewed on 2017/06/22

Pros

There is nothing that I liked about the company. I pay the bills for our company and every month I had no idea what I was paying for.

Cons

There is a long term cost for literally everything you want to do or change. Their contracts are so lawyered up they are impossible to get out of. We just terminated our service and we have struggled through with them since 2008. They were our first EHR company. They have now sent me my billing information through 2026. I left a voicemail Monday which as of yesterday afternoon had not been returned. I sent an additional email yesterday in regards to the bill which has not been answered. I also left my cell number since I would be out of the office and so far no word from anyone to discuss our bill. My practice is closing and opening up under a new name and tax ID. Not sure how to handle their bills for the next 9 years.

Jeffery
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Easy To Use, Slow, Bad Design

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Look elsewhere, there are open source options I would choose before this.

Look elsewhere, there are open source options I would choose before this.

Pros

It was easy to use and to find what you needed, it is a fairly simple software. The ability to send electronic prescriptions is also a plus.

Cons

Very slow and takes forever to load! Integrations with other systems is also nearly impossible. The software UI is very poorly designed and the coding is obviously messy. Downtime seemed to be a given each week as the system would go down randomly and seemingly every week.

pam

Review of Allscripts EMR

Reviewed on 2017/09/14

Pros

Like the fact that it auto generates orders, requires a complete chart before it can be submitted. Like that I can see patients from all offices.

Cons

Cannot flip around in the chart (assessments to care plan) without completing the previous section. Do not like that it does not calculate travel time correctly.
Do not like that fact that the branch cannot be selected on the visit. Do not like the fact that some of the sections contain assessments that are not specific to hospice.

Debra

Home Health Review

Reviewed on 2016/03/25

Pros

Quick response time for IT help. The IT staff are very friendly, just difficult to understand sometimes. I like how the EMR looks when it is printed out.

Cons

It is difficult to understand the language or accent of some of the IT help. Also my staff can not sych from home sometimes and we have been told recently that Allscripts does not work with VPN or remote access. This is and important feature that is needed for a home health company. I also wish that entering medications and ending them were easier. If we have a patient that gets admitted to the hospital for a few days, we have to end each med and then add them back in when they come back home. The way Allscripts medication feature is set up is not worker friendly. Nurses would love to give you input on how to make this feature much easier.

Andrea

Lots of setup

Reviewed on 2017/08/13

Pros

There are a lot of features and it comes with several reports right out of the "box". Also appreciate the ease of integration with 3rd party software.

Cons

This EHR seems way to have a much too intensive setup/customization process and too many templates. Very time consuming data entry.

Baldemar
  • Industry: Medical Practice

I wish it was a faster EHR

Reviewed on 2017/05/13

Pros

Lab and X-ray interfaces work as expected
The H&P format is appears good.
Support is fast for critical issues but a little slow for other problems

Cons

It takes too many clicks to finish a note and dragon speaking is not part of EHR but can be added.

Lina

keeps going down

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

it seems like every other week, the software goes down or is "fluctuating" as they describe it, some of the practioners and their MA's can get on, some can't. No matter what, when it does start working again allscripts always forgets that there is a LIS that depends on their input. It cost us thousands in LIS troubleshooting when the system was down for 4-5 days.

Pros

I guess it must have been the cheapest option for the providers at the time, while it works, it isn't very user-friendly

Cons

it seems like every other week, the software goes down. They are always expeiencing problems with the "cloud". Every doctor can make their own "short list" but the shortlist items don't update when changes have to made to testing, so requisitions go to "hold" mode

Brian

Horrible product

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Bad. Do not buy.

Bad. Do not buy.

Pros

There really is nothing about this product that I have ever liked.

Cons

So many to mention....
Antiquated software platform - uses microsoft remote desktop. Several login screens, and you get locked out frequently. Reminds me of Windows 95.
NOT user friendly
They were HACKED last year, which cost our practice thousands of dollars in productivity, not to mention made our lives a living hell!!!
There are actually errors within the exam section - anatomic areas are in the wrong place
Horrible HPI autogeneration
And the list goes on...

Lawrence

Allscripts is Always Good

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

Good experience

Good experience

Pros

Very reliable and easy to use system which will suffice most practices needs

Cons

A little difficult to diagram skin lesions

EpicCare

Reasons for Switching to Veradigm Practice Management

More flexible and affordable
Kristi

Reviewed on 2013/02/03

I am one of three obstetrician/gynecologists in a multidisciplinary group with cardiologists and a rheumatologist. I have previously used IC charting with success and I consider myself comfortable with computer technology. Over the course of two weeks, Allscripts was implemented. We were trained on patient visit input briefly while seeing patients in the office. Once the training staff left, we were on our own. We have had very little support.

The system itself is difficult to use and you constantly feel as if you are missing patient information. In order to pull up a result you have to scroll through every lab ever ordered, every image ever scanned in, and every note put in. The scroll function frequently jumps to the next view so you are never sure you actually reviewed the entire document. Radiology reports and labs do not show up in the patient's note unless you manually enter the results/report. The obstetric add on (mom-docs) does not communicate with allscripts and all labs/ultrasounds/communications have to be entered manually. Once entered they are easily altered if you accidentally hit the scroll wheel on your mouse, so you never feel confident of your patient information.

In order to review a lab or send a prescription there is a minimum of three clicks you have to press confirming unnecessary information such as diagnosis and linked visit. The lab/prescription is not attached to the note so the clicks seem unnecessary. At the end of the day you are worried you missed something like Rh status, an abnormal lab or that your note may or may not have been saved and may or may not be in the correct patients chart. We have now had this system for six months and these issues have not been addressed.

Jamie
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Wish we had better experiences

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

Wish we had a new EHR

Wish we had a new EHR

Pros

Practice manager is user friendly.

Cons

Get dropped from service daily.
3rd new url in the past 6 months we have had to update all computers.
Sign in is difficult - 3 sign ins. Cloud, pm, clinical.
Very expensive.
We signed up in 2013. Trained for a week. That’s it.

Jordan

Excellent For Nursing Home Referrals

Reviewed on 2018/05/05

Pros

We used to use all scripts at our nursing homes. This is an excellent platform for staying in contact with the hospitals and not missing potential referrals.

Cons

I really don't have any negative issues with this platform. At one point it became difficult to manage as a person had to stay at the desk, they later upgraded the mobile version and resolved the issue.

Roy
  • Industry: Medical Practice

I used it for two years and so called updates caused so many problems the company I worked for...

Reviewed on 2017/07/12

I am very glad that we changed to EPIC.

I am very glad that we changed to EPIC.

Pros

Laboratory results, problem lists, and medication lists were easy to print. It was easy to send notes to coworkers.

Cons

There can be three or four places to enter the ordered screens (like colonoscopies) and only one will show up on the dashboard.
The program crashes a lot.

Angela

Good Product

Reviewed on 2020/02/13

Loved the ability to attend annual meetings and sit with the support staff to answer questions or provide guidance.

Pros

Automated functions enabled staff to focus on other task.

Cons

Often I experienced some delays in finding the correct resources to assist with setting up new features.

Rebecca

Unhappy with Allscripts

Reviewed on 2017/02/11

It is a nightmare. "Allscripts is not user-friendly, updates that allow for monitoring of data gouge us (but are a requirement of future reimbursement) and support is slow to respond to problems. When we notify them a common response is "it is a known problem". That is not at all reassuring.

Pros

E-prescribing

Cons

Everything else

ROSEMARY

ALLSCRIPTS PROGRAM

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

THE PHYSICIANS USED THIS PROGRAM A LOT! THEY DID LIKE THE EASE OF PLACING MEDICATION SCRIPTS FOR PATIENTS.

Cons

MOSTLY USED FOR WRITING MEDICATION PRESCRIPTIONS. WE RARELY USED IT FOR ANYTHING ELSE. GOOD FOR WHAT IT WAS USED FOR.

Dhruva
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great for Large Hospitals!

Reviewed on 2021/12/09

Ultimately, Allscripts Practice Management is a great software to implement in large hospitals. It allows for physicians to have better time management and performance due to scheduling efficiencies and access to patient records.

Pros

This software allows each provider to access to patient records from all different providers. This feature makes it easy to view all of the patient's medical information from one software without having to call other doctors. This software also allows for easy edits of patient data in case of alterations or needs of update. There are also great scheduling features included with this software that updates scheduling and registration for the physician to see.

Cons

It can be difficult to learn to use to due to its many features. There is also a lack of timely responses when requests are submitted to customer service.

Tori

allscripts

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

Pros

reviewing and submitting medications for patients.

Cons

not anything that i dont like. we can see all past medications by date.

Mike

Allscripts review

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

Pros

Easy to use and works with Dragon software. I like the macros templates that can be generated - saves typing

Cons

Slow, instability with random kick offs, a lot of clicking is needed. The ICD 10 has poor choices and conflicting descriptions with provider codes vs. ICD 10 billing coding.

Jamie
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Great product!

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

Pros

This software is very user friendly. It’s very easy to navigate between the different features.

Cons

It seems to have frequent issues with freezing or running slow.

Christine

Hospice Administrator

Reviewed on 2016/07/07

Pros

the product has been around for quite awhile and when used as it was meant to be used, it works well. Need additional education on reports etc.

Cons

how long it takes to receive an answer back; not always timely. We did have an on-site visit and did ask some questions regarding the template for IDT and have not received the requested information. This meeting at least three months ago.