Koala AI

The best one-click SEO-optimized article writer

Rachel
Rachel
  • Industry: Publishing

The Best AI Tool On The Market

Reviewed on 2024/02/12

Overall this is a fantastic tool and much better than their competitive Jasper AI.

Pros

Easy to use. Self explanatory. Quick results and good output.

Cons

The images need work. Would be good to have some example prompts for Ad campaigns etc. This could be an option to ad in the article section. The free tool section could do with being on the left-hand side menu instead of going into the Home section and then scrolling down to the bottom to find it.

Jake
  • Industry: Media Production

My favorite AI writer. Best in the biz.

Reviewed on 2023/07/26

It is my top AI writer, and the only AI community I would recommend. I am only a few months in and I already have Koala articles ranking and best of all, the GPT 3.5 seem to rank just as well as the GPT 4 articles. The GPT 4 are better reads though so I tend to stick with optimizing for human readers personally but if you wanted to get 5x the results for the same price that option is there.

Pros

The readability, ease of use, formatting, options, constant development, price, built in KoalaChat, API options, community, and I can go on but honestly, Koala is so good its easier to talk about things you don't like.

Cons

I always want to keep upgrading because I run out of credits too quickly!Jokes aside there is nothing I don't like. Pretty much everything they put out works great or they fix it right asap.Improvements I'd love to see: article export options, bulk sorting in the library, auto relevant image creation for articles(feature and sections), auto youtube videos inside of articles, Doc editor inside of KoalaChat(like Magai), article editor with stock image APIs(Pexels, Pixabay, esc), AI image creator, Youtube video embeds, and if possible KoalaChat connection straight into the article editor.And to top off my massive order of awesomeness and high expectations, give me a LTD Scale 3 account ahahahaha. "There can be only one!" (Highlander TV show)

Jay

2523 AI Team

Reviewed on 2024/02/14

When I first started using Koala AI, I was impressed and knew this was what I was going to be using for my content needs. I thought "Finally a tool that just... works". I can tell the Koala team has focused in on their thing and gotten really good at it. This signals product development and is a great sign for a happy customer.

Pros

- lightweight tool
- clearly built with the user in mind
- WordPress integrations
- fast article generation
- YouTube video embedding
- simple organization features

Cons

Images are AI-generated which increases my time spent on editing. I would love to see an option to use stock photos. I believe this would be a cost-saving and popular addition.

Rytr

Reasons for Choosing Koala AI

I have a lot going on between a day job and building a company. I needed something more seamless.

Zapier and ChatGPT

Reasons for Switching to Koala AI

This product has the exact integrations I need and nothing more. It was a clear match when I first started testing the product. The simplicity was also a big selling point for me.
Payam
  • Industry: Entertainment

Extremely expensive and bad for work

Reviewed on 2024/02/17

I want my money back. You shouldn't ask for money for that

I want my money back. You shouldn't ask for money for that

Pros

It is easy to use BUT the quality is poor

Cons

Unfortunately, this service is extremely poor and expensive. The texts that are generated are unfortunately extremely poor. The AI writes the German language with extremely many errors in the last few weeks. Words are broken off or the sentences are not German.

Response from Koala AI

Hi Payam,

It looks like the issue you were facing was due to a bug we had with Claude 2 in KoalaChat. I'm happy to report we recently released Claude 3 and the bug is now fully resolved. We hope you check us out again, as the these new models are much improved!

Please know that you can contact us anytime at [email protected] if you run into any issues.

Thanks,

April
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Easy to Use AI Content Generation

Reviewed on 2024/01/11

Pros

Super easy to use. I've used the API to allow my team to use Google Sheets to generate Pinterest descriptions. Currently I handle content generation and use it to generate 1500 - 2000 word articles in a wide variety of subjects. The auto-upload to WordPress is a game changer and I have really been loving the feature where it takes a YouTube video and creates a blog post about it. Really a time saver!

Cons

The image generator still misses a majority of the time for me but I'm hoping as the technology gets better so will that.

Sarah

Hands Down, The Best AI Writer

Reviewed on 2023/08/15

Not only does it produce fantastic content, but Koala's [sensitive content hidden] is accessible and quick to respond. The Discord community has been invaluable.

Pros

Koala produces accurate, factual, well written articles. It's quick, has bulk generation capabilities, and has perfect formatting.

Cons

GPT-4 is extremely expensive, so my membership only gets about 7 articles on the LTD. It previously got 10 per month but with recent tweaks it must be using more credits and I can only get 7 articles for 100,000 credits. That's a bummer to me, but the quality is top notch.

Kurt
  • Industry: Online Media

Koala AI - Best In Class AI Writer

Reviewed on 2023/07/26

Top tier content production at scale. With best in class content being produced, it has saved me time editing and money in producing it.

Pros

Koala produces the best one-shot AI content of any software I've used. I requires minimal editing and links to source material if required. The speed of customer suggestion to product implementation is outstanding. Literally I've seen new features implemented same-day. Customer service is top notch as well and the [sensitive content hidden] freely gives his expertise above and beyond.

Cons

FAQs around product could be more thoroughly documented.

Jesse
  • Industry: Media Production

Must have AI tool for niche content site owners

Reviewed on 2024/01/16

Overall experience with Koala is great. The service allows me to quickly scale quality content. It's allowed me to significantly increase my production speed for generating new articles at a very affordable cost.

Pros

Ease of use, quality of content, guided interface, implementation of new features, access to discord community

Cons

no chat support on the site, no forum where you can post question, need more examples of how to use features with expected outcomes

Response from Koala AI

Hey Jesse!

By the way, if you ever need to get in touch with our support team we are very responsive over email at [email protected]. We might be adding live chat support soon, too.

Also, our Discord server is very active and our team and community helps to answer people's questions there each day: https://discord.gg/5QFCNHFEE5

Best,

Theo
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

No joke: The best AI service out there (and also providing free features!)

Reviewed on 2024/01/07

The best, and I kid you not, the best AI toolkit I have ever used.

The best, and I kid you not, the best AI toolkit I have ever used.

Pros

I really enjoy the simplicity of the user interface - Not being blasted by ads and too many functions is good in my opinion.
The AI image creator is one of a kind. It's one of the very few free ones that do not have a max. of 3 images per day (lol) and its paintings are typically accurate.
I like myself being able to choose from multiple AI models, and the real time data function is so crucial and really good!

Cons

There is absolutely - no joke - Absolutely nothing I dislike about Koala AI. Nothing.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Best AI Writer so far

Reviewed on 2024/03/25

Pros

I have tried multiple softwares but none has been this good!

Cons

It comes with its price but it is definitely worth it

Roverd

The True SEO Assistant Driven by AI

Reviewed on 2023/08/03

I'm super happy to use the tool, it's definitely the subscription that will remain active forever. I believe in the developer and his vision, we're in good hands when working through Koala AI.

Pros

The product is super easy to use, almost plug and play.The long form tools are just out of this world. It's too easy to develop great pieces of content that are ready to dominate the SERP's.Also, the developer is super helpful through the official Discord server. It just seems like the dude is always connected, working on the app and supporting the community.Along the server and the app, you just have the best set of tools and guidance to become a SEO/AI master able to create helpful, relevant content that generates profit.

Cons

I'm totally confident saying that there are no cons right now, only areas of opportunity.I'd like to see the ability to rewrite pieces of content from one language to another, from English to Spanish, for example. It would also be really helpful if the Youtube Rewriter could work with Spanish captions.

Larrian
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Best AI writer

Reviewed on 2023/07/28

This program has helped me create better content for my sites and made blogging interesting and fun again.

Pros

I am not a computer programmer so this review is what the "average" blogger will experience with Koala Writer. Immediately the support in the forum is the best. [sensitive content hidden] responds and constantly moniters the discussions so you get near immediate answer, if not from him, from other users on the site. Next there is great documentation about the process and how to use Koala effectively. The program itself is easy to understand. It has a ton of options that are straightforward...no having to look up programmer speak to understand the use of the product. Continual development of the program with a section on the forum for suggewstions of new request for features that are actually put on the development pathway and quickily fleshed out and developed as applicable. Great explanations as to reasoning behind the programming. The program has the great feature of importing articles into wordpress for multiple sites. There are so many features it now makes terrific AI images in chat. In summary, this is the ideal program for a blogger to have accurate AI writing that also understands SERPS, selecting keywords in the AI mode which helps a blogger create great informational articles.

Cons

Nothing...it just keeps evolving. Constant updates.

Karianne

Koala is a decent but rather pricey option

Reviewed on 2023/10/04

Pros

The quality output is absolutely great. I find myself barely editing the content itself.The sources being linked to are great.The up-to-date data is nice. I especially like the fact that the AI always gives current prices for articles such has repair costs.Barely any repetition.No fluff.Throughout outlines.Can add your own prompts to text sections.Can remove conclusions and intros.

Cons

Pricing, pricing, pricing...I highly dislike the fact that GPT 4 usage counts towards 5x the word count. It puts you between 4$ and 7$ for one article generation. While the quality of Koala is nice, it still won't replace a human writer. It's therefore not justifiable to spend that much. It's a shame because GPT 4 output is superior.I wish the team would let you use your own API keys. I would pay for the add-on, even if it's limited to a certain number of articles like SEOwriting.ai. I feel like it's not being offered for their profit margins.Image generation is missing.

Tom
  • Industry: Publishing

A great AI writer with frequent development

Reviewed on 2023/08/08

Koala AI has been instrumental in my content creation process. The software’s intuitive features and continuous updates and improvements to the software highlight the team’s dedication to providing a top-notch product.

Pros

The primary advantage of Koala AI is its simplicity and efficiency in generating high-quality, SEO-optimised content in a matter of minutes. The constant improvements and additional features have made it an even more powerful tool. It’s also worth highlighting the excellent support provided on Discord by the team behind Koala AI - they’re always ready to assist, making the overall user experience very positive.

Cons

Like all AI tools right now, there are instances where the generated content can be repetitive or "not human". With some editing and personalization, it can be resolved.

Chris
  • Industry: Entertainment

Excellent and regularly updated

Reviewed on 2023/09/07

Pros

To generate first draft content easily, Koala hits the mark. It is frequently updated and it has many points of differentiation to separate it from other AI generative tools. Effectively harnesses GPT

Cons

Like any generative AI, there are times when despite even the best input you get a wandering train of writing or irrelevant output. These moments are few and far between

Venkateshwaran
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Koala AI Free trial review

Reviewed on 2023/08/06

Koala AI provides support on email and also on Discord, where the members are very active and helpful.

Pros

Koala Chat - I like the use of commands to generate images, to use an URL as a context for the prompt, to get a summary for a YouTube video or get a list of keywords and headings from an URL. It can even source the domain authority for a site from Moz. Koala Writer - 1. User can choose GPT-4 as an option in the writing assistant. This option will cost you 5X the credit. 2. You can enter your target keywords and choose AI-powered or manual SEO optimization. 3. You can also choose the primary country that you want your article to rank for along with real-time search results. 4. FAQs and Key takeaways are also optional. 5. Additional customisation options like custom outline, extra section prompt and disabling Introduction/Conclusion are also available. Koala comes with a cheap $9/month option that can generate 15K words and provides 250 chat messages. Payment is monthly and can be cancelled anytime without being tied to a 12-month contract. Support on Discord is excellent.

Cons

Though the free trial offers 5000 words, the article output is restricted to 500 words, and I was unable to create long-form content to help me decide whether to subscribe to Koala.

Sherika

Google doesn’t like it as much

Reviewed on 2024/03/19

Easy to use, usually posts to Wordpress (although we had a few issues with that and their documentation is almost worthless). Image quality is fairly good.

Pros

Cheaper than Surfer SEO and easy to use

Cons

Terrible documentation that doesn’t really work. When you contact them for support it takes up to 5 days to get a response that usually doesn’t answer the question. Their support person can be a bit maddening in their useless replies. Makes me want to start swearing at them. The Wordpress posts don’t seem to rank as high in Google as Surfer SEO does. Koalas product isn’t as polished as Surfer is. And Surfer seems to have professional support.

Nikita
  • Industry: Media Production

Koala is unarguably the best one-click article writer out there today.

Reviewed on 2023/07/27

Pros

Koala helps me write a 2500 word article in 30 minutes. This took me 4-5 hours before Koala. Koala is today one of the most robust, accurate, human-like content engine today. What helps Koala stand out is:1. SERP analysis for creating blog outlines2. Interlinking capabilities3. Ability to write Amazon product reviews - Koala even lets you choose your desired products!4. Koala Chat - commands to generate images, summarise pages, get SERP data and whatnot!5. The Youtube Video to Blog post writer!6. Koala has a robust roadmap. They have already achieved so many things from the roadmap in the last 3-4 months. 7. Super fast development8. Great Support9. Super awesome Discord communityThere are many more..

Cons

Koala charges 5x credits for GPT4 generation. But, prices are expected to come down as the API becomes more available.

Michael

The most human and natural content creator I've ever used

Reviewed on 2023/07/26

Very good. We needed to create content for our blogs in order to rank on search and Koala created a lot of fantastic, readable content that sounded like we had hired a writer

Pros

The speed at which it creates optimised, SEO friendly and readable content based on my inputs and specific prompts

Cons

I'd love to be able to upload my own copy and content for it to analyse so it writes more like me

ChatGPT

Reasons for Switching to Koala AI

Koala uses ChatGPT but creates a format that is much easier for our team to use

Response from Koala AI

Hi Michael, thank you for taking the time to give us such a detailed review. This will help us improve KoalaWriter and KoalaChat even more! :D

We'll see if we might be able to allow our users to upload their copy and content for the AI to analyze so it can write similarly. Please know that we do have a Custom Tone of Voice which can do something similar! :)

- Koala Team

Victor
Victor
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Game changer for small teams

Reviewed on 2023/10/13

Game changer.

Game changer.

Pros

Ease of use, seamless implementation to existing work flows.

Cons

It would be nice to include integrations besides Amazon for product reviews, and YouTube for video summaries.

Surfer and Writesonic

Reasons for Choosing Koala AI

Pricing and better product.

Copy.ai and Jasper

Pricing.
Julian

Fantastic automated blogging tool + much more!

Reviewed on 2023/07/28

[sensitive content hidden], being from the industry, continuously updates and adjusts the tool to improve its capabilities as an AI writing tool. AI writing solution and continues to improve over time. The best AI writer I have used so far and it keeps on delivering!

Pros

Automatic high quality blog post creation from A to Z. Including picking the right outline based on the keyword, sources, internal linking (as of now manual but will also be autmatic in the future!).

Cons

Nothing really. It would be nice to be able to switch the black theme layout to a white one. But these are only cosmetics.

Terry
  • Industry: Market Research

Need to stop using their ai chatbot for support

Reviewed on 2024/03/14

I wish I could get my money back but they don’t reply.

I wish I could get my money back but they don’t reply.

Pros

Its easy to use, easy to generate an article and easy to publish as a draft to Wordpress

Cons

Their documentation is terrible, I think they use an ai chatbot for support that’s been trained to drive customers away. Then the chatbot gets angry and won’t reply. I saw more complaints on discord about their terrible support. I think its only for English right now, it doesn’t seem to support foreign languages. I wish I could get my money back but they don’t reply. I stopped using Koala

Response from Koala AI

Hi Terry! We don't use chatbots for support - you can quickly reach a human on our support team at [email protected]

Please email us if we can help you out, I don't think I see any emails from you.

We support over 100 languages. When using KoalaWriter you can simply choose the language under the "Language" dropdown.

In KoalaChat, simply write your prompt in the language you would like the response to be in or specify the language in your prompt.

Thanks,

Tom
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Best AI Writer

Reviewed on 2023/07/26

Pros

The quality and scale of content production with minimal amounts edits.

Cons

Honestly nothing. Everything is extremely well though out and updates.

Quentin
Quentin

The perfect AI content generation tool

Reviewed on 2023/08/06

Koala is perfection in my opinion. When I need a new article, it does pretty much everything I need apart from producing graphics, which I do in another piece of software.

Pros

It's interface is so simple. Just a few clicks and I get exactly what I want. The best bit is that it keeps on improving with more and more features, yet the complexity remains simple.

Cons

I have zero complaints about Koala. It has been doing everything I need from day one without a single glitch.

Hans
Hans

Magic!

Reviewed on 2023/08/25

Rough-draft, SEO-optimized content at scale. A quick round of heavy editing to by a professional writer and expert in the field and you're good to go. Great topical authority and topical coverage.

Pros

There's nothing on the market like Koala that cleverly ingests reliable information as an LLM-source before creating the content. Absolutely magical!I've used dozens of AI writers and nothing else comes close.

Cons

The pricing/credits can be a little obtuse and difficult to navigate.