iHasco

Making online training for the workplace simple

Andrew
Andrew
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Mental Health mindset

Reviewed on 2018/10/18

Seems to nicely knit the SLR requirements together.

Seems to nicely knit the SLR requirements together.

Pros

I liked the iHasco training module; informative, considerate and helpful

Cons

Even on reflection, I actually can't think of any. 'Seems to hit the spot'.....

• Used for 2+ years

Easy to follow and understand.

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

Quick to use and not too many questions. I did not like the minimum number of characters on one question where my response was covered in just one word

Pros

All the information is in a logical sequence and the short questions at each stage also help to ensure learning.

Cons

There was nothing that I found to be a problem with this software package and it does cover the essentials well.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

iHasco eLearning Review

Reviewed on 2018/09/16

Pros

Nothing really. I suppose it's a blessing that you can hide the tab when you see how unhelpful this particular content is. I also like the goals of the people who made it - it is genuinely a very good aspiration to look after your staff's mental health, it's just terribly executed.

Cons

It seems all wrong for something purporting to help people deal with mental health issues. I'm sure the aim is good - remove the stigma around mental health etc, but it's all phrased as if you can just change your approach and be happy, not depressed. Telling people to replace negative thoughts with positive ones isn't massively helpful, for example. Also, I know it's a feature of the software, but I couldn't help imagining people with mental health problems thinking, 'OK, I'm being made to watch these videos - I'll actually turn the sound up and watch them all the way through' and then feeling even more hopeless afterwards.

Response from iHASCO

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your honest review after looking at our Mental Health Awareness Training.
The course has been designed to talk about mental health openly and to remind people that there are many small, daily tools that you can use to improve it, but not every option will work for all. We wanted to offer a range of insights and options for people who sit at all different places on the spectrum - including those that are maintaining good mental health and those that want some new things to try. We also offer awareness of - and signposting for - people that are struggling with poor mental health or mental illnesses.
We hope this course helps to highlight the importance of looking after yourself, and how your organisation can look after you.
Please do feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else I can help with or with any ideas that you feel could improve the course content and delivery. All feedback is greatly appreciated.

• Industry: Maritime

Quick & Effective Reassurance Refresher

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

Pros

It wasn't too time-consuming. It covered the basics of the subject and the test proved whether the participant knew the subject matter or not.

Cons

No particularly negative feedback. Did wonder whether a low score should lead to more in-depth training.

• Industry: Higher Education

Simple, Effective, Powerful

Reviewed on 2018/09/05

Pros

The software is easy to use and simple to navigate. The courses are engaging and relevant to the organisation.

Cons

The courses can be a little extended and can feel patronising when covering the basics.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Mental Health Training Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/15

Pros

It was very clear in small elements on each sub topic. Great use of two presenter meant that it was not just listening and viewing one person but switched at the right time.

Cons

Can't really fault it as a training package

Robert
Robert
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

GDPR Understanding and training

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Very good

Pros

Layout function and method was very good to pick up on important factors first time whilst fresh in your mind

Cons

Nothing was to much of an issue although some repitition

Bill
Bill
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Slips Trips & Falls training

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

Very good

Pros

Very simple and user friendly.
Videos are short, concise and do not 'overload' the participant with detail.
You can dip in and dip out at your own pace.

Cons

Had an issue at start where it wouldn't run the videos. That was due to my browser. That wasn't apparent until I contacted the help desk (they responded very quickly mind you which is a big positive)

Tara Louise
Tara Louise
  • Industry: Performing Arts
  • Used for 1-5 months

Engaging

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

Generally a great programme

Generally a great programme

Pros

Information presented in short clip bursts was particularly great
Various resources and elements to the training.
Transcript and subtitles to aid engagement/ understanding

Cons

If you're watching in full screen for video you have to click off that mode every time to be able to move to the next video which is slightly annoying.

Jared
Jared
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used for Free Trial

HR Training made simple

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

Pros

Makes mandatory training simple to implement and to complete
Great as LMS as well
Excellent for Health and Safety/HR training

Cons

Not much. As a user, it would be nice to mute the dialogue, but I know how important that is to the trainings

Response from iHASCO

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback Jared. Really pleased to see you enjoy our training and LMS.

Annette

video/picture frames help put the detail into perspective

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

The Account Manager has been very helpful and clearly explained how I could access the various administrator functions, which allows me to view progress, print off reports, email staff and add training to specific staff. The option for the administrator to try out a course before purchase is very helpful as it allows us to assess if it is suitable for staff.

Pros

I was very impressed with this software. The videos helped explain the theory. It was very clear and easy to understand. The instructor spoke slowly and clearly. Links to further information are very useful. Easy to sign on and return to training, or redo the training or sections of it are beneficial.

Cons

To be honest I can't really fault it. I have used iHasco now for a few years and they have improved the user experience.

The only problem we have experienced is sound, but after investigation it turned out that it wasn't the iHasco software, but our end, so we just needed to purchase headphones for some computers.

Eleftheria
  • Used for 1-5 months

Great e-learning platform. User friendly, with brief and direct instructions.

Reviewed on 2018/07/21

Pros

The training structure was excellent, broken into small pieces of information for each video that followed the appropriate logical order. I found it really engaging that at the end of each section I was given a comprehensive question to answer. The summaries at the end of each video are a great learning asset, however in the fire awareness training the content was oversimplified during the summaries, which didn't help me memorise things as I needed. Also a great plus is the extra material, like handouts that appear during the lectures.

Cons

As I am not a native english speaker, I found the terminology of the fire awareness training difficult to learn and the narrations were happening TOO fast which didn't help at all.

Also, it would be easier if the whole transcript could be available for download in a word or pdf file, so people can run through the text more easily.

Response from iHASCO

Hi Eleftheria
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review after completing your training.
We do offer training with other language translations or you can enable the transcripts for each course if you would prefer to read the information.
The following links will talk you through how to enable both options should you need to use our training again...
If there is anything else I can help with please do fee free to contact my directly.

SUSAN

Interesting subject.

Reviewed on 2018/07/09

Pros

the presentation was interesting and engaging. The graphics were very effective and clear.
The written information was also clear and concise.

Cons

I made some notes whilst taking the course but worry that I could easily forget the course info.
I am concerned that we are moving to online courses at the expense of classroom led courses, which offer something more tangible. In particular, this course refers to types of fire extinguishers etc. It would perhaps be useful to see such instruments in the flesh (though not to have to activate them!) to gain more understanding of their function and category.

Matt
  • Used for 6-12 months

As stated in the video, the information is generally common sense. Very easy questions

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

Pros

Easy to use.

I have now added one thing to the buddy system that I use.

Cons

The written dialog at the end of each video missed out several points made by the speaking person - making it less accurate for someone with no hearing.

Questions were very easy at the end, I would suggest too easy.

Response from iHASCO

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your review after completing our training.
I am please to see you rated the ease of use and customer support so highly.
I appreciate your point regarding the written dialogue at the end of each video. They are used to sum up the information clearly and concisely. We do have a transcripts feature that can be enabled on all of our courses for users who are unable to watch the training with sound or are hard of hearing...https://support.ihasco.co.uk/article/145-enabling-the-transcript
If you have any questions or if there is anything more I may be able to help with please do feel free to contact me directly.

Paul
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Simple Basic training meets requirements

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

Pros

Simplicity in explaining all the Basic concepts.

Cons

No Subtitles in Videos. For people who are Hard of hearing like me this is a Major drawback as it means I have to bring Headphones into work in order to complete the training. This also means there is a potential for bad communication when a word is not spoken clearly.

Response from iHASCO

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your feedback after completing our training.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review after completing our online training.

We do have a transcript feature that can be enabled on all of our courses which will give you the entire course script running below the corresponding video slide. This link will explain how they can be enabled...

If there is anything else I can help with at all please do feel free to come back to me.

Mel
  • Used for 2+ years

Easy to use and clear to understand

Reviewed on 2018/09/11

Pros

easy to access, easy to use, clear and easy to understand

Cons

I did want to do the test again as I made 2 silly mistakes, but even though the sections all had a tick next to them, I had to go through the whole course again before I could do the test. I am sure I used to be able to just re-do the test in the past, and this is the impression that it gives on the screen information.

Mike

A good off the shelf training suite

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

It is simple to set up and use and has a broad range of subject matter, but it is relatively basic

Pros

It is simple to navigate and remembers users completion level, if they want to break and carry on later.

Cons

It does not have much interactivity, only surveys and the odd quickfire question which are all multiple

Russell

Very informative

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

Clear and concise. easy to follow. Can go backwards and clarify correct understanding. This is my fourth course I have completed now with this software and it is my favourite medium for learning. Much easier than reading of a book. Hopefully more to come in the future.

Cons

Nothing really. The only downside is sometimes getting the time to sit through. Would be helpful if having to break off and come back later being able to go straight back to the point you finished at as opposed to back to the beginning

Andy
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Good training video

Reviewed on 2018/10/15

Pros

Easy to use and content explained very well

Cons

Not compatible with Internet Explorer but fine through Google

Response from iHASCO

Hi Andy. Sorry to hear that you had problems using the training with your preferred browser. We do provide support for Internet Explorer 11 so if you experienced problems please feel free to report them via https://www.ihasco.co.uk/support/submit-ticket so we can identify and resolve the issue. :)

Tracey
  • Industry: Medical Devices

very good learning tool

Reviewed on 2018/06/03

easy to use as I can complete it from anywhere

easy to use as I can complete it from anywhere

Pros

It wasn't too long but enough time was spent listening and answering questions to cover the course knowing you had increased your knowledge on the subject

Cons

nothing comes to mind apart from the twenty questions is a lot but the pass rate is very fair. I did learn a lot from doing the course

Ele
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Great

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Pros

It relates to all issues. gives examples if necessary and it touches up every single element.
Gives full details of all fire extinguishers too which is so valuable.

Cons

I don't this there is anything I don't like, I enjoyed every single slide and the end of each slide where there is a summary too.

Charles
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Generally positive experience

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Gained Certificate in Fire Safety Awareness

Gained Certificate in Fire Safety Awareness

Pros

Ensures that you spend time on each topic.
Can go back and replay sections.
Clear, succinct and informative.

Cons

Some of the final quiz answers are ambiguous - particularly the question on foam extinguishers.
The question does not specify the class of fire.
On class A, they are used to remove the source of heat. On other types of fire, both the remaining answers can be correct
The question should be more specific

julie

clear concise

Reviewed on 2018/07/06

training & knowledge

training & knowledge

Pros

easy to use. I can see where i am in the programme. It doesn't take too long to complete. The summary section is useful

Cons

nothing. It worked well and was useful. I learned something new. more end of tests could be indserted througout the individual sections

Frances
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Fire Awareness Training

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Pros

It was succinct, clear and straightforward. It was easy to work through and having the occasional refresher question was good.

Cons

The person speaking was sometimes cut off mid-word and on one occasion, mid-sentence. It was unclear at first how to navigate back to the test after going back to a section when getting a wrong answer.

Response from iHASCO

Good Morning Frances,

Thank you for your feedback and for bringing this to my attention.

I have asked my technical team to investigate and rectify this as a matter of urgency. Was there any particular slide you remember this happening on?

If there is anything else I can help with please let me know.

Keith

Very trying

Reviewed on 2018/08/06

poor

poor

Pros

nothing at all it was truly one of the most frustrating e learning courses I've ever been subjected to.

Cons

crashed and had to reload most of the slides and several of the questions

Response from iHASCO

Hi Keith,
Thank you for your honest review. I'm sorry to hear you felt this way after completing our training.
I would be interested to see which course that happened on.
Would you mind contacting me directly so I can investigate this further for you?
My email is [email protected]