McGraw-Hill Connect Reviews

Personalized digital learning experience

Kyle
Kyle
  • Industry: Food Production

Great resource beyond the textbook

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

Pros

It's easy to use, and has a great way of expanding on the book material

Cons

The cost per class is pricey compared to others

McGraw-Hill Connect - Enhancing the Learning Experience

Reviewed on 2023/06/15

My overall experience with McGraw-Hill Connect has been positive. I no longer have to input grades in two different places.

Pros

One of the standout features of McGraw-Hill Connect is its ability to provide a wide range of course materials in the platform.

Cons

Some aspects of the product can be challenging to use initially. The interface may require some getting use to when link to the lms.

WileyPLUS

Reasons for Switching to McGraw-Hill Connect

Wiley did not have a payroll edition
Charlotte
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

McGrawhill is NOT a product that should be bought

Reviewed on 2022/10/07

Catastrophic

Catastrophic

Pros

There is absolutely nothing I like with this product.

Cons

My students pay a huge amount of money for something that never works! I receive daily dozens of emails from my stressed students saying that they can't access their book to study and do the assignments. The E-learning is causing them troubles too. Everything is. I have tried to fix things with them but it was simply not working. This product is keeping away my students from learning. It is unbelievable! As a teacher using the platform, I can say that it is the least intuitive thing ever!!! Everything is sooooo complicated, even simple tasks that should take a second is a hard on Connect. Many teachers in my university are not happy with this product and we have been asking McGrawhill for few years to put their thing together and give a better product to us and most of all to the students but it never happened.

• Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Makes Learning Easiesr

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

Overall this software is great. Our K-6 teachers use it for math and reading daily. It helps with assignment completion since students have access at home.

Pros

Connect is a great supplemental tool for the classroom, and is a great place for e-learning. It is available for a variety of classes, and offers differentiated activities and practice. It is available to students at school and home, so they always have access to the needed material.

Cons

It can be a bit difficult to located exactly what you want, as there are many resources and the setup is not as organized as I'd like. We also occasionally have issues with popups not working on Chromebooks.

Jessica
Jessica

High-Quality Products with Disappointing Tech & Customer Service

Reviewed on 2021/06/15

We love the physical product we have purchased for science, socials studies, and reading through McGraw Hill. The sales representatives are always positive and helpful. But once you purchase these products, getting the online portion(s) to work and show the correct number of seats is usually a headache.

Pros

It allows teachers to access their instructional resources online and allows students to receive online instruction aligned with our McGraw Hill products.

Cons

Initially setting up online access to McGraw Hill products is always somewhat problematic. For instance, you may purchase "x" amount of student and teacher seats to access a particular program, but then those seats won't show up online until you create a ticket with McGraw Hill support and they fix it. Last school year, it took 7 calls, hours on hold with McGraw Hill, and 2 months for one of our 5th-grade teachers to access their Wonders Reading curriculum online.

Jordan
  • Industry: Accounting

A website created just for profits

Reviewed on 2024/01/24

My overall experience is alright however, I won't take a course again if the professor will be using this application in their course.

Pros

I like that my homework is easily accessible.

Cons

The worst part of this whole site is that when you get something wrong, there is no guide or tips telling me what I should do to fix my answers. There is no videos or attachments that I could watch to help me complete assignments. McGraw-Hill is worth billions of dollars and does not have the student in mind when creating around a curriculum. If you type in "McGraw-Hill Connect review" into the search bar and scroll down you will see Reddit posts from many other people saying how awful the website is. So I don't want you to think it is just me saying this. Instead of writing a review in Reddit, I thought I could go straight to the source and let you know that change needs to happen for the long term success of the students taking these courses. McGraw-Hill Connect is already successful, so please help the students be successful too! Thank you so much.

Alexandra
Alexandra
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Textbook and Homework Source

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

I really enjoyed using McGraw-Hill for my accounting classes. I would recommend using it as an educational tool.

Pros

I was required to buy McGraw Connect to take my accounting homework in college. I also purchased my textbooks on McGraw which provided me useful study materials like flashcards and quizzes. My favorite tool is the interactive textbook that highlights important information.

Cons

One problem I had with the interactive textbook were the reminders to take the quiz. It would useful for there to be a way to turn off that notification because it was distracting.

Connect Kids to Learning

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

I like using the software more than their competitors.

I like using the software more than their competitors.

Pros

-In the Edition I teach with the reading sections are short but multiple pages which keeps the students from getting bored.

- There are different activities to change the pace and keep student engaged.

-There are two different course paths for students; one with depth and one for general learning

Cons

-The instructor is not able to see students' progress in real time.

- There is no quick check for understanding to see shich students have been following along and which have not.

McGraw-Hill Connect Software

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

I would recommend this product to anyone who is in college. Professors love to use this program, and it is very easy to use on the student side as well. This product works wonders in the learning process.

Pros

This software makes reading textbooks and completing assignments very easy and convenient. With having access to this program from any device, getting work done for school is made very accessible.

Cons

I have not experienced any issues with this software. It has been very helpful in pursing a higher education within classrooms.

• Industry: Biotechnology

Perfect for Science Majors

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Even though it was mandatory for some of my courses I never had an issue with MH Connect

Pros

The format of pairing the reading with targeted questions will help you absorb the material better than most other systems

Cons

It is impossible to fail the practice sections, so you can brute force your way through it if you want to

Extra Practice for students

Reviewed on 2019/03/03

Student performance has gone up because they are able to access material and resources while not in the classroom. McGraw-Hill has a plethora of resources available for teachers and students for every subject offered.

Pros

Teachers are able to customize quizzes and assignments to fit what is needed for their particular group of students and class. Students have study tools and interactive modules to help understand material more fluently. Teachers can view reports so they can alter their teaching style and approach.

Cons

McGraw-Hill could use some updating to the appearance of the interface. It looks like it hasn't been changed. There is difficulty with connecting it as a third-party application. There is not a clear or simple way for students to communicate with their professor within McGraw-Hill. There needs to be better and more accessible versions such as for mobile devices to encourage use-on-the-go.

Orestes
  • Industry: Automotive

Exceptional Software

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

The overall experience that I have with this software is completely positive and what is most important is the fact that we are able to teach our own children.

Pros

My wife and I have been using McGraw Hill Connect for our 5th and 6th grader for a few years and this software is outstanding. You can actually teach your children one on one and teach them exactly the way that the educators would do it in school. We use the student edition and the teachers edition and I can truly say, it is very very exceptional, like their grades. It was referred to us by a school administrator when my wife was working in the school, and now I send all my friends and family to their website to at least do a trial period, even for their college aged children. You cannot go wrong with this software.

Cons

The only thing that I do not like about this software, is the fact that I did not find out about it sooner. I can only imagine the kind of tools and resources that they have for Pre-K and K children.

Rachel

Another online homework engine

Reviewed on 2020/01/24

I understand the draw of online homework because it provides a common way for educators to assign problems and simplify grading. I have used it for a few different courses over the years but, as a college student, remain frustrated with the data entry. After using multiple similar softwares, it seems about middle of the pack -- I remain neither impressed nor overly disappointed.

Pros

My favorite feature was the homework walkthrough -- when enabled, it would give a simplified version of the problem and point out the steps to finish it. Then, I could adapt the method to finish my assigned problems. It was useful, like an automated online tutor.

Cons

The data entry is finicky and can be frustrating. Depending on the exact answer entered, I may receive points off because of rounding or significant figure errors. I also have had trouble with graphing features, when I miss credit on a graph because I do not place a line or curve at the exact right coordinates. Because of these, I waste time and frustration on formatting while my learning is not increased.

Marissa

Top notch study material

Reviewed on 2021/05/04

Pros

This software is probably the best study material to use for a classroom setting. I’m able to have to etext on an app on my phone as well as being able to access it from my desktop. Another thing I liked is the explanations that were given for each problem rather than just the answers being given.

Cons

One thing that could be improved is when you click to see the report of a completed assignment it would be simpler if it took you straight to that specific report but instead it takes you a list of all the reports and then you have to find the specific report you want.

Dmitry

A Greedy Business

Reviewed on 2023/02/08

Garbage. I don't see any reason this software could not be directly provided by my university unless McGraw-Hill is refusing to do a bundle deal for the college. This forces us to buy individual packages which I'm sure doesn't hurt their bottom line.

Pros

It'd be great if it wasn't additionally price gouging student who are already paying thousands for an education.

Cons

The fact that I'm already buying textbooks, materials, and paying for classes, why is my university providing this?

Brooke
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 2019/11/27

McGraw-Hill Connect has made it easier to complete homework assignments and I get instant feedback.

Pros

I like that I can access all of my textbooks and the homework usually has help, but the questions are generic so I can normally get help from some resource.

Cons

I do not like how frequently it seems like the software is being updated and the ease of use for using the textbooks could be better.

Andrea
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Not inclusive or accommodating

Reviewed on 2023/07/05

Customer service employees are not stationed in the United States and have never used the program themselves. Tech support was unable to help with my issues because they just follow a script. You're unable to cut and paste from the text. The reader only works part of the time and always starts back at the beginning of the page if you have to pause. Times out frequently and does not save the place in reading. I can't use external extensions during the program like Read&Write or pull it up in two separate pages. I'm having to purchase a separate copy of the book and since none of my disabilities accomodations work with this program, I'll need to spend twice the time as other students finishing assignments. It's really really awful and should be banned in the United states.

Pros

So far nothing it sucks completely there's nothing good I have to say

Cons

This program makes it nearly impossible for students with learning disabilities to pass a class.

Kimberly

Teacher Directed Reading Tool

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

McGraw-Hill Connect has been great to use in my classroom.

McGraw-Hill Connect has been great to use in my classroom.

Pros

I have been using this software for around 8 years. I absolutely love it! I have used it in 3rd, 4th and 1st grades. It has enhanced my TDR lessons greatly. The vocabulary games, stories and poems really get my students engaged in the lesson.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons at this time.

Stacey

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

My students enjoyed the learning experience using this program. This program is full of interactive lessons that cover all objectives and make learning so much fun.

Pros

I have loved using this program. My students really enjoy working on our objectives and lessons using this program.

Cons

I truly enjoyed every aspect of this program. I have no cons.

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Excellent for Students

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Used this software for 6 years during University Studies, and enjoyed the support it provided to be a successful student.

Pros

This software is an excellent tool for online college students.

Cons

Getting use to all the functions took a little time, but with a little use, it was easy to follow.

Aaron

Perfect for Distance Learning!

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

Once students are in the system, it's really helpful for making content delivery varied from textbook to online.

Pros

I like the most that the software will read the lesson out loud to the student while the student follows along. That is really helpful for struggling readers! Also, being able to assign online content directly into Google Classroom is really helpful!

Cons

It is very complicated to add and move students and then also as to where they log in. It's really frustrating.

Val

Connect

Reviewed on 2022/12/29

The benefits are syncing student assignment scores to D2L as well as seeing how much time a student spends on each assignment and students receive immediate feedback on their results.

Pros

That is sync's the assignment grades in Connect to your school's learning management system such as D2L.

Cons

Nothing is missing or difficulty to use. It works well with our learning management system (D2L) and was easily adopted.

Melany
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Overall, was a great learning tool and helped keep me organized/prepared for class.

Pros

As a student, McGraw-Hill Connect made it so easy to stay on top of assignments and assigned readings. They display due dates on different interfaces and make the reading more interactive.

Cons

the software sometimes had glitches when displaying images. Other than that, everything else ran smoothly.

Rutaba

Great software at a good price

Reviewed on 2022/01/18

Amazing experience, never had any issues where I needed additional support, everything is simply put for registration

Pros

Easily able to see what caused incorrect answer and fix errors, searching through textbook is seamless, read aloud options available, love the free trial for students waiting for financial aid

Cons

Price is high, so being a student it hurts but I understand why

Erika

Great for students!

Reviewed on 2020/02/08

Overall, McGraw-Hill Connect is wonderful for students who do not want to lug large textbooks around campus but still need to access the content.

Pros

I love the ability to access text books, study guides, and other educational materials online from wherever I am.

Cons

There could be a better system for taking notes in the online textbook and later being able to access them in an efficient and helpful manner.