Raven Reviews

Raven

Trusted by agencies,media companies, freelancers etc

4.5/5 (35 reviews)
Jason B.

Reasons to Rave About Raven

Reviewed on 2016/11/17

I've been using Raven Tools now for a few years. I first got attached to the people behind Raven before I really started using their product. They seemed to develop the tool based on the needs and feedback of their users. For me, Raven offers one of the most comprehensive collection of tools for the monthly fee. The amazing thing too is the amount of tools and features included in the package that I don't even touch. I really should dig into those deeper and begin using them.

There are a few things that I wish they'd add to the functionality, but because of my conversations with the support team and owner, I know the reasons why these tools still aren't included in the package just yet. Other limits are because of the services being used that haven't opened up their API's yet for a quality integration. And if Raven is going to add a function, they're going to make sure it's top of the line.

There are times when I debate whether or not I should continue my monthly subscription. Every month though I end up looking to cut expenses somewhere else so I can maintain my Raven Tools accessibility.

Pros

Loaded with features for an affordable monthly price.

Cons

Sometimes the customization options for the reporting doesn't quite give you what you're needing.

Brian R.

Great SEO Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

Overall it has been a great experience, I sat in on a couple of your Webinars about the new features coming out. Your software is less confusing than others that I have used and seems to be more accurate about keyword ranking for sure. Keep up the good work!

Pros

I really like how you can change the location, device & metrics, in the graphs to display different sets of information. The backlink explorer is really handy for checking to see if your getting credit for recently added backlinks. Repeating keywords to show how you are showing up in google SERPs is also very handy.

Cons

The errors for your website could be displayed better, or add a way to disable some errors. I have a few instances that say an external link is invalid when i know it is valid but there is no way for me to mark it as fixed or working.

I wish the software had AMP related areas or a way to show if my AMP sites are organized correctly.

Craig L.

RavenTools

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

Overall is is a great tool for digital marketing reporting. Also fairly good as a site audit tool.

Pros

Easy of use and able to create a professional report with lots of details in part due to its integrations.

Cons

Cannot ever get someone to call us back. We never had an email address that has been set up as admin according to their interface. We have sent them many messages with no replys.

Nancy R.

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

I have been using them for about 5 years and will keep using them as they provide a great value. Lots of services for a reasonable price, which makes it perfect for a small business like mine.

Pros

Whenever I have a question their customer service team is always quick to respond with helpful information. Their follow-up is refreshing as many other companies I deal with are not nearly so quick to email back with help.

Cons

I don't have any as when they come out with a new revision or software, they email all sorts of articles and videos to help explain how the new software, etc. works. So while it takes some time to learn, they do everything they can to help you with it.

Alex W.

A great SEO reporting tool but lacks rank tracking

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

This is how I run all my monthly client reports because it merges the data from our sources very well into a presentable document.

Cons

They got rid of rank tracking some time ago and that almost caused me to get rid of it. They recently said they are adding it back so I'm excited for that.

Michael H.

Great tool for SEO, auditing, monitoring and social media

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

We use Raven for a number of our SEO clients, as well as handling various social media profiles for things suck as monitoring, post scheduling, and more.

Pros

Raven offers a nice and easy-to-use dashboard to manage all your SEO clients, along with their social media by auto integrating with accounts such as Google Analytics, Facebook, AdWords, Twitter & more. The report generator is awesome as well, allowing you to create recurring auto-send reports to your clients based off customized templates. You can choose what you'd like to include and exclude based off a set of robust filters.

Cons

The support leaves a little to be desired, sometimes taking a few days to respond, often with canned responses. After pushing to escalate, most of our issues were quickly resolved.

Ruby B.

Helpful Tool!

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

Pros

The website crawl tool is something we use daily. It helps us know what issues we have on websites. Vital tool!

Cons

When the last update happened the results of crawls were inconsistent and it was frustrating to know which result was correct.

Professional Reports for Clients

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

Pros

Reports that look good and help clients understand how they're meeting digital marketing goals.

Cons

I wish we had access to Google Fonts to add some more customization.

Calin H.

Digital Marketing Tools That Look Good

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

Pros

The automated reports for SEO and PPC were among the best that I have seen from the different digital marketing tools. It was easy to generate new reports and include all the important information or remove unneeded sections. The audits were very nice and didn't include anything that wasn't useful.

Cons

Rank tracking wasn't great and felt a little clunky compared to other rank tracking options. A few other tools did better jobs at providing specific data, but overall it's a good option.

Great SEO tool

Reviewed on 2019/04/10

Pros

Awesome tool that can give you a quick snapshot of how your site is performing.

Cons

Reports were a little tricky to initially setup.

Dimitris A.

Good value for money for specific things

Reviewed on 2015/09/15
Review Source

I've been using this software for various SEO related tasks such as keyword research, SEO assessment, link building, SERP tracking (before it was discontinued) and other functions but mostly reporting. The interface used to be slow but it improved. It was very helpful in the beginning in creating really impressive reports and earning me leads with its page assessment. Occasionally I would find bugs but customer support would help. It's a very chaotic industry and providing help is important esp. for a low price compared to competitors.

Pros

Relatively cheap
Fully featured
Recent redesign/userfriendly

Cons

Bugs in reporting numbers
SEO assessment needs update
Facebook ads reporting
Overall it needs to redefine itself, possibly rejecting features and focusing on what they do best

Kylie H.

Great for multiple client accounts

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Raven Tools makes it easy to manage multiple client reports, site audit recommendations, and other SEO projects all in one place.

Pros

I love using Raven Tools to create custom and automated reports for our wide variety of clients and their varying needs. It makes it easy to get the most out of the software and provide ongoing value for our clients.

Cons

Sometimes the interface can be glitchy, but it's rare.

Sam U.

Our favorite tool for SEO reporting

Reviewed on 2017/12/21

Great SEO reporting for clients and prospects

Pros

Tons of features, at a great price. Client-ready reporting, integration with Google Analytics and Search Console, extensively customizeable reports and widgets that make SEO and site planning really easy

Cons

The customized reporting tool is cumbersome to set up and organize, although it does have a lot of features. A better UI here would be a big help

Andrew R.

Raven Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

I've used Raven on a daily basis for about 3 years for various reasons (reporting, SEO audits, Keyphrase research).

Pros

I primarily use it for its reporting and SEO Reporting functionality. It's great at crawling sites and finding issues to take action on. Reporting-wise, it is able to connect to services relatively easy and for basic reports it does great.

Cons

Reporting integration often breaks (email integration, Google Ads, Facebook Ads). When that happens, support usually takes a while to get back about the issue, what's happening, and if it's being fixed. Also, false promises of integrations, and the deadlines of said integrations.

4.0/10
Erin E.

Makes Your Job Easier

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/08/09

Pros

I have tested a lot of SEO suites, but Raven Tools is one of the best for the price. It has very robust feature and makes reporting easier. I have tried others that were more robust, but unless you have enterprise budget Raven Tools is a great option.

Cons

I used the reporting to export the data quickly, but I wasn't a fan of using their report templates.

Chandra K.

Very useful tool for Marketing professionals

Reviewed on 2018/12/04
Review Source

Pros

Has most features any marketing team would use for SEO tracking and optimizing, Rank tracking, SEO Audits are amazing

Cons

Reporting can be made better, Email alerts can be provided to few members in team with user level permissions

Marin J.

Stellar Presentation and Review Software, When in the Right Hands

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

When analyzing the fine details of a combined SEM/SEO/social media campaign, it can be tough to put all the details in one place. Raven Tools makes a large web of information accessible in one place. It takes time, patience, and a little finesse to get everything set up properly, but the result is a smooth finish for presenting complex information.

Pros

I have been amazed by the variety of schematics I have at my fingertips. After some getting used to, it is easy to put together a deeply informative report, and to update that same report monthly or annually, or for any span of time for that matter.

Cons

The most frustrating situation that I have encountered is figuring out whether the numbers are being pulled accurately, and where things may have gone wrong. Sometimes the applications it is pulling don't have the data available, sometimes it's set up with the wrong credentials. Raven tools is usually the last to know that something's gone wrong, and can't tell you how to fix it.

Awesome Tool for doing SEO Audit

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Overall great experience, I am satisfied with their data

Pros

I have been using this tool for a long time for performing SEO audits. It's a great tool to know about basic things not working on a website in terms of SEO.

Cons

Compared to their competitors they can do a better job and have a lot of opportunities to stay ahead. There is nothing as such I don't like but they can give more data

7.0/10
Elke S.

Extremely good reporting functions

Reviewed on 2012/06/20
Review Source

I have been using Raven now for around half a year. It is very comfortable to use and if you add the Raven-Toolbar to your browser you can add links that you discover in one click. This makes it easy to keep track of external links.
What is extremely good about Raven is its reporting function. Every little detail is customizable and you can send automated reports on a regular basis to yourself or other team members or the client.
Sometimes I have my doubts about the link researching tool. I think it doesn´t capture always all the links. However, compared to other tools Raven still does a very good job here.

Pros

Reporting function
Raven has a function where you can see the organic competitors of a given URL. That´s extraordinarily useful when you search for guest post prospects.
New CRM function

Cons

Improvements in finding external links are possible
Social Media functions are quite basic but Raven is a SEO tool and that´s its strength

Steve G.

A Solid SEO Tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Pros

The reports that Raven Tools has are among the very best that are out there for SEO. They are fairly easy to customize to your needs, which is critical. The reports are clean and easy to understand and clients seem to like them.

Cons

Aside from the reports it does a lot of other things moderately well, but nothing else is quite on par with the reports.

Liz W.

Raven tools helps democratize digital marketing

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/10/09
Review Source

Pros

I have used Raven tool on and off for many years. Periodically, I will focus on SEO and Raven is one of the tools that I have found to be most helpful and easy to use.

Cons

I like the user interface and the features it offers. The only con I can think of is that it would be helpful if there were ore automating ways of correcting problems the program finds on websites.

Great SEO tool for an affordable monthly price

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Pros

We use this as an easy go to tool for finding client site issues and reporting. Love the customization aspect of reporting.

Cons

Although you can customize the reporting, it's a bit cumbersome to get set up at first and automate the reports.

Raven URL Builder for GA is my main UTM builder tool

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/07/15

In our fundraising efforts and campaigns. it is important for us to know where are donors are coming from. We use this URL Builder for GA to have this information.

Pros

Theis tool is free. Wasy to use, One minute of work and there you are having a needed UTM. I use it in creating many UTM links in big fundraising campaign.

Cons

I didn't find any cons and I use this builder widely. An option for shorten the resutls, on the same tool could ease the work.

Florin P.

Great ideas to start and monitor your online presence

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

create and monitor all the mentions about your company and products, you can easily know if your products and ideas are going somewhere

Cons

The pricing is a bit off, also the automated test may need interpretation, as with everything in this field, is more art than science.

6.0/10
Aditya S.

Great SEO tool

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

Pros

With this tool now I can create custom SEO reports according to my clients.

Cons

Some time crawling error occurs due to some back-end issue.