Jake H.

One of the Best SEO Tools

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

Very good! We transitioned over from SEMrush and it's a night and day difference. SEMrush is fairly complicated to use and does not cater to smaller businesses. Raven Tools gives us all of the tool necessary to perform effective SEO and detailed reporting.

Pros

I really love the ease of use for the backlink explorer as well as the way the reporting dashboard feels and displays information. It really makes our small digital marketing company look that much more professional and increases our SEO workflow and productivity.

Cons

There doesn't seem to be a way to automate reports to show last month's data over the previous month, ie month-over-month automated reports. We've tried reaching out to support on this and haven't gotten anything back in regards to if this is possible or not. It seems like a basic thing to do as there are a ton of applications for continues month-over-month reporting that doesn't have to be manually set each month. This wastes a lot of time, especially when you have dozens of clients expecting reports on the 3rd of the month.

Ron H.

Well Rounded Set of Tools

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

It's been good but a mixed bag. Lots of tools, lots of options, lots of reporting but as social media became a GREAT foot in the door for SEO, as SEO gets redefined AS anywhere you find information INCLUDING social, dropping the social media monitor was a very dumb decision on their end. Adding a collaborative module could only help make our businesses grow.

Pros

I like the ease of use, the way things are organized, and the vast selection of tools from a keyword manager to come competitive intelligence tools as well as the reporting.

Cons

One of the many challenges is the loss of features. The Social Media Monitor was awesome and a great tool for getting clients in the door. Losing this tool was crippling. The support is less than encouraging. I've met some of the people at various local events like PodCamp but despite the fact that they were 1 mile from where I lived, they refused to even say hello in person. To me that wasn't very cool at all. I could have walked to where they were but they were insistant on never meeting in person. Even Facebook and Google allow people to meet the staff.

Katie C.

Great All-in-One Tool

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

All in all, we have been happy with our Raven experience. The reports are very customizable and visually appealing.

Pros

Being able to integrate Call Rail with Raven has been very helpful in our reporting to clients.

Cons

Being able to see the areas of the SERP where a keyword can rank (like SEMRush does) would be a beneficial feature. Additionally, some sort of topic research to aid content creators in looking into potential article keywords/topics is lacking

Kaylee W.

Digital Marketing Agency Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

It has really made reporting a breeze for the most part for us. It really simplifies our monthly/quarterly reporting process, and it gives us a lot of quick insights for status updates.

Pros

I like the quick and easy reporting features. Love the big picture insights. Love the graphs and visual interface.

Cons

Sometimes digging deeper is hard. I had some instances where being able to specifically report on particular segments would have been super useful but I was unable to do so with the constraints of the software. Also adding screenshots and secondary imagery in the reporting interface is pretty tedious.

Alex W.

One of my go to tools, especially for monthly reports

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

I check it almost daily for my clients' digital campaigns and we send detailed monthly reports to all our clients.

Pros

It connects most of my other tools well, such as google analytics and search console. We use it primarily for its attractive reporting that pulls all the data together to present to our clients

Cons

The ranking feature of it is not as good as other ranking tools I use, and the cost for that can be expensive as well.

Jason B.

Reasons to Rave About Raven

Reviewed on 2016/11/17

I've been using Raven Tools now for a few years. I first got attached to the people behind Raven before I really started using their product. They seemed to develop the tool based on the needs and feedback of their users. For me, Raven offers one of the most comprehensive collection of tools for the monthly fee. The amazing thing too is the amount of tools and features included in the package that I don't even touch. I really should dig into those deeper and begin using them.

There are a few things that I wish they'd add to the functionality, but because of my conversations with the support team and owner, I know the reasons why these tools still aren't included in the package just yet. Other limits are because of the services being used that haven't opened up their API's yet for a quality integration. And if Raven is going to add a function, they're going to make sure it's top of the line.

There are times when I debate whether or not I should continue my monthly subscription. Every month though I end up looking to cut expenses somewhere else so I can maintain my Raven Tools accessibility.

Pros

Loaded with features for an affordable monthly price.

Cons

Sometimes the customization options for the reporting doesn't quite give you what you're needing.

Andrew A.

Great website marketing tool

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

Pros

Plenty of features with the option to white label the system for clients. Creating automated reports is a huge timesaver and being able to work on multiple sites at the same time.

Cons

The user interfacer can sometimes feel a little clunky.

David W.

Come a Long Way

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

Was with the before and left, they changed a few things and now it's the best!

Pros

SEO Audit and Keyword Tracking are really strong. Audit is very in depth and technical.

Cons

Local tracking could be better, but still better than most. The other features more than make up for it.

David B.

Great Software That Checks So Many Boxes

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

Our customers like the comprehensive reporting that is provided.

Pros

This software does a great job of integrating not only the website traffic, but also pulling in data from paid sources and social media. That makes it easier to compile white labeled reports. A big plus is the customer service. While you can't talk to them directly, they are very responsive to email inquiries and service requests.

Cons

This software can't crawl certain single page websites, like those done in Angular JS.

Alex W.

A great SEO reporting tool but lacks rank tracking

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

This is how I run all my monthly client reports because it merges the data from our sources very well into a presentable document.

Cons

They got rid of rank tracking some time ago and that almost caused me to get rid of it. They recently said they are adding it back so I'm excited for that.

Michelle M.

Great Value

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

Raven Tools has been a good choice from the beginning - we now use it during our sales process and for ongoing reporting with clients.

Pros

We started using Raven to automate monthly PPC spend, and it does this very well. We continue to discover new features and ways to automate how to deliver to clients.

Cons

It's not so much dislike as it is just time to discover it's full capabilities.

Cameron S.

Supreme tool

Reviewed on 2019/10/27

Many SEO reporting tools take up too much time in setup and maintenance. Raven is quick & reliable to setup & use, plus it's biggest advantages are its flexible data sources and easy reporting tools.

Pros

*Simplified reporting saves time
* Raven merges data from all the regular data sources to provide a simple unified report centre.
* It just works with minimum fuss, and the reports look great.

Cons

*I was hoping Raven may yet be able to send data to Google sheets - currently it only retrieves data from Google Sheets
*Other than that, most things have been thought of!

Ruby B.

Helpful Tool!

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

Pros

The website crawl tool is something we use daily. It helps us know what issues we have on websites. Vital tool!

Cons

When the last update happened the results of crawls were inconsistent and it was frustrating to know which result was correct.

Dimitris A.

Good value for money for specific things

Reviewed on 2015/09/15

I've been using this software for various SEO related tasks such as keyword research, SEO assessment, link building, SERP tracking (before it was discontinued) and other functions but mostly reporting. The interface used to be slow but it improved. It was very helpful in the beginning in creating really impressive reports and earning me leads with its page assessment. Occasionally I would find bugs but customer support would help. It's a very chaotic industry and providing help is important esp. for a low price compared to competitors.

Pros

Relatively cheap
Fully featured
Recent redesign/userfriendly

Cons

Bugs in reporting numbers
SEO assessment needs update
Facebook ads reporting
Overall it needs to redefine itself, possibly rejecting features and focusing on what they do best

Kylie H.

Great for multiple client accounts

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Raven Tools makes it easy to manage multiple client reports, site audit recommendations, and other SEO projects all in one place.

Pros

I love using Raven Tools to create custom and automated reports for our wide variety of clients and their varying needs. It makes it easy to get the most out of the software and provide ongoing value for our clients.

Cons

Sometimes the interface can be glitchy, but it's rare.

Bardin E.

Great SEO Tool

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

We find Raven easy to use and really helpful when generating reports for clients, or gaining insights on SEO. The support lacks a bit though We have issues with setting up Facebook and linking account, and sent a few support requests which were all unanswered.

Pros

Raven is easy to use and has really great reporting features.

Cons

Some views and statistics on reports are paged. Not easy to setup Facebook or LinkedIn reports.

Kornel K.

Great Tool for SEO Shops

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

We have been using it for years.

Pros

We use Raven to generate monthly reports for our clients and use the built in set of tools for analysis.

Cons

The backlink analysis tool in my opinion does not pull good or accurate results, would love to see that comparable to ahrefs.

Steven J.

Raventools

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Pretty good for the most part

Pros

The amount of integrations and how organized you can make each campaign.

Cons

There are still some buggy sections of the software that are still in beta.

Jamie R.
  • Industry: Design

Urban Feather review of Raven Tools

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

Pros

The aspect that we like most about Raven tools is how much time it saves us in terms of monthly reporting. We can set up the reports that matter to our clients and Raven Tools will ensure that they receive them without our continuous input.

Cons

Sometimes, when creating the reports, it can be a little back on forth to get the reports to show the data that we would like it too. After a bit of back and forth, we are normally able to achieve what we want to.

Samuel K.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Raven Tools for Nimble Business

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

I work with small businesses, so the simple graphs and responsive reports page make it easy to view their insights on the fly.

Pros

Raven Tools offers a cost-effective platform for small to medium-sized businesses that have analytics and reporting needs. A much better solution to the corporate or agency-targeted models that overcharge horrifically.

Cons

I can't say is a con of the platform because the limitation comes from Instagram. But an integration to draw Instagram insight - both post and story - would be huge. Gathering data from local search/directory listing services like Moz would also be really something.

Arch B.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great Software

Reviewed on 2019/11/29

Pros

The tool helps with organizing your SEO efforts in a very simple and easy to use interface making it usable to anyone.

Cons

Price point was to high, would have been an easier sale if the price was better.

K S.

New to Raven Tools, but satisfied so far

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

I was introduced by a colleague. We're loving the detailed SEO analytics and other features we can offer our clients. We've used it as a powerful tool for pitching additional web work to clients.

Patrick R.

Very informative while it was easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

Pros

I liked the way the data was presented while searching for a client. The overview of each client was useful because you were able to see the traffic from when you needed it such as dates, users, and clients.

Cons

The dashboard was split into many different sections so it was tricky to find some areas of information that you needed. I wanted to find overall traffic and I didn't know what section would provide me with the most useful information.

Jason M.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 2017/12/04

Jessica H.

You Solve One Problem... Reporting but its not worth that much

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Google Analytics integration - awesome - google search console integration - awesome, social posting tool - you need instagram reminders to stay competitive - I would use otherwise, team integration - awesome -

Pros

I love your reporting tool. It is easy to integrate and the web option is amazing. I wish I had enough money to just use your reporting tool.

Cons

The content to wordpress tool - broken, technical audit tool - most likely the worst I have seen.