Redbooth

4,3
4,1
Matthew S.
Industry: Writing & Editing

Redbooth, the perfect platform for organizing team projects.

Reviewed on 2018/08/06

We are able to communicate more easily about our projects, and keep track of which assignments are upcoming and who's working on them with you.

Pros

Redbooth is a platform that we use to keep track of our team projects. With Redbooth we are able to see who is all working on the same project and which portion is assigned to each team member. Within the platform we are able to talk among each other about the project that we're working on. Redbooth increases our workflow by allowing us to find all of our information easily and giving us the ability to correlate with each other on our projects. Additionally, Redbooth notifications can be pushed through to your email account, so you never have to miss any information or update on your projects.

Cons

Sometimes the push notifications to your email account can appear to be messy if there's a lot going on in one task. This isn't too much of an issue though, since you can just open Redbooth from your email and view all the information there, in a much more clean space.

Jessica P.
Industry: Computer Software

Simple task tracking software

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

It's been a great tool to keep client communication organized

Pros

1. The ease of adding columns to customize to different project's needs.
2. Very easy for clients to learn and use

Cons

1. lack of outside integrations
2. Task assignments: teaching clients to properly tag/notify people can be a challenge since it's not clear who or when people will get notified without knowing the software

Industry: Entertainment

Good for Project Management

Reviewed on 2020/01/27

I am not completely opposed to Redbooth but I prefer to use Basecamp.

Pros

I like being able to have multiple lists on the same screen. It makes it easier to navigate and showcase the various projects in one place

Cons

I don't like that once you post a comment that after a certain amount of time, you are unable to edit the comment.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Industry: Management Consulting

Super Easy To Use

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

My experience overall has been great as I have used the product since back when it was Teambox 4

Pros

Redbooth has a great UI and continues to make updates that makes the product super easy to use.

Cons

Missing status update option as native versus a tag. Also would love to be able to assign sub task to a person and set due dates for them similar to the main task.

Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

A Solid Option for Task Management

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

Redbooth is as strong as the amount of users who commit to it. We struggle to get everyone on board, and therefore a lot of task management still has to happen over email and text. However, on teams who have really bought into the software, Redbooth offers everything we need.

Pros

The layout of Redbooth, with horizontal columns that are flexible and moveable, has given us a really great way to organize our tasks, and schedule out a variety of time-based tasks and travel appointments.
We also make use of the robust tagging and notification options within the software to manage our tasks appropriately across a 20+ member team.

Cons

A weak point of Redbooth is definitely the calendar view options. We really need the ability to view tasks on a calendar that are only under a specific tag, or viewing tasks for a single person across all workspaces.
We also run into some issues with Word documents not displaying properly in the web interface, which just adds another step to download and look at a document when all you need is just to see it at a glance.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Heartache. Time Lost.

Reviewed on 2020/01/07

Not great. Don't like to write negative reviews, it just is what it is! Cost me a lot of time and money.

Pros

It's super fresh and flexible. Seems like the best thing since sliced bread when you start using it! My team thought it was going to be great.

Cons

It was far too flexible. We found that tasks were being created and not added to client accounts. Spent weeks doing an audit to recover about $30,000 from clients. The clients were not happy.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Amy S.
Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

My opinion

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Pros

This tools helps to maintain communication with the team and provides updates on the tasks

Cons

It can be complex if you are not familiar with the tool. My recommendation is to watch the videos in order to understand the tool functionality

Lauren W.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great for Project/Task Management

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Pros

User interface, ease of use, dashboard organization, commenting ability

Cons

It can be a bit pricey for smaller departments or organizations

Kaila C.
Industry: Real Estate

great way to keep project schedules organized, still needs work

Reviewed on 2018/05/13

Pros

its a really useful way to keep my teams projects organized by schedule dates, with comments, assignments and reports.

Cons

missing scheduling by time and not only date. Also the ability to show you a task everyday if you scheduled it for an entire week and not only to show it on the delivery date.

Solsiret V.
Industry: Program Development

Really good

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

In general very good for the management of any project and its activities

Pros

Of the best platforms for project management, activities and times. Very good to get reports of hours in tasks and generate diagrams for deliveries

Cons

Only that you do not have a free option.

Mario S.
Industry: Computer Software

+3 years using it. Always helped, but with a pinch of frustration.

Reviewed on 2016/05/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Incredibly versatile, one-man-band type of collaboration software.
It ties communication tools (HD videoconference and chat) with task management (recurring tasks, subtasks, ...), project management (lightweight Gantt chart, workload view and time tracking), all native, in one package. It also features native Android and iOS native apps.
These work well for keeping in touch with the team and create/update tasks.

This is specially important for teams who are dispersed (different cities, different timezones, ...).

While you can easily spend hundreds of dollars on different softwares for different purposes, Redbooth ties it all together in one.

Cons

They've been through a lot of changes over these 3-4 years and they don't seem to have found their core yet.

The UI still looks something out of the first drafts and doesn't look polished or slick like other players in the collaboration space like Asana or Slack.

The Dashboard is somewhat useless and just mimics a prettier email inbox while having the same behavior. Their premise of replacing email is a bit doubtful.

Lots of potential, but doesn't seem to go anywhere.

Elizabeth C.

Used for marketing project management - good for limited budget + quick onboarding

Reviewed on 2018/06/23

-project management
-cost savings

Pros

-Clear accountability for users who are assigned tasks
-Clear paper trail of conversation/feedback given
-Easy to scale up/down for different projects + teams
-Many ways to structure a team and project
-Straightforward UI - easy to onboard new team members
-Cost-efficient
-Easy to divide projects within the platform and create different user experiences for people touching different elements of a project
-Easy timeline setup based on task input

Cons

-Glitchy at times (for example, upon upgrade, the customer support chat window covered up a critical button; difficult to format notes because once you've added bullets, it's hard to go back to normal formatting; difficult to drag elements to reorder)
-File storage is extremely unheplful. When you upload attachments to tasks, they are just stored as files within a master file, and it takes significant time to organize them separately. We wound up ignoring this feature altogether
-Additional notification setting options for tasks would be helpful - we wound up blasting people's emails, so they started ignoring Redbooth emails altogether

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Maciej S.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

Very intuitive online project management tool for high productivity team working.

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

High control over project related tasks. Productivity improvement. Thousand of hours saved.

Pros

Redbooth helps to organize the entire team. Task related, always on schedule. Great user-friendly interface constantly evolving. Data stored in the cloud, access from any place and device. Android and iOS supported app. Very fast and professional support. Free collaboration possible for external clients via e-mail. Integration with many popular apps and services. Chrome and gmail connection. Many reports available. Zapier and API support for multi connection and automation across different platforms.

Cons

Really hard to find any. Any functionality that is not available directly inside Redbooth may be find and implemented from different aps via API support or Zapier.

Yocheved S.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Does the job but can sometimes be frustrating to use

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

Pros

I like the ability to clearly lay out tasks and create subtasks.

Cons

The view can sometimes be unintuitive. There are multiple screens you need to check to make sure you have all the most up to date information on your tasks. There is one view that shows updates on tasks, but it will only show the tasks that have updates. There is another screen that shows all your tasks in order of due date but doesn't clearly show which ones have updates. Then there's another view that lets you see all the tasks in a workspace but it's not immediately clear which ones have been updated recently.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Brian L.
Industry: Insurance

Great User Interface, Intuitive with Many Features

Reviewed on 2016/10/13

The UI has changed a bunch over the last few months. It is now responsive and has icon placement pretty much where you'd expect to find things. The chat is helpful. Task templates make a great boilerplate for similar tasks, perhaps the checklist used to add a new user to your system. It is a bit expensive and the mobile app doesn't currently work well to remember who you are logged in as if using Google SSO.

Pros

Mobile app, alerts, responsive website.

Cons

Google SSO / Mobile App design and price

Ethan R.

Top Combination of Substance and Style

Reviewed on 2015/06/18
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Redbooth help keeps our larger teams moving forward; creating a central repository of information.

There are many task managers out there - and I surveyed about 20+ of them before settling with Redbooth.
Redbooth offers a robust feature set, while staying simple and easy on the eyes.

We found actual adoption and usability being a big stumbling block when we started to actual start to implement a company wide task tracker. We had tried Asana - but it's graphic design and complexity never allowed it to take hold. Redbooth is so quick to pick up that people actually like using it.

For a single feature - I like the "Task to Email".

Cons

I think the ability to assign a subtask with a date could be useful.
I would also like to be able to duplicate complete Projects.
Small issues really.

Brandon L.
Industry: Design

Redbooth is the BEST project management software I've ever used

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

Have been using Redbooth for about 3 years now, started with just myself and my freelance work, now it's for my small business managing about 4 people and client proofing as well as milestones and work to give out to our social media team and designers.

Pros

Easy to use, incredible desktop and phone app, it's constantly updated, great tutorials and webinars.

Cons

Wish timing integration was done a little better

Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Get Ahead With Great Coordination

Reviewed on 2019/05/12

With Redbooth, we get our project organized and managed in the most effective way.

Pros

Firstly, it's very easy to get started with Redbooth. An easy and smooth configuration. Aside from that, it handles the project management impressively, with the guarantee to increase team performance. Wonderful templates are available for use. They have really responsive customer support also.

Cons

No major setbacks with Redbooth. Although we do encounter some minor setbacks with the way it deals with word documents.

Kirstie S.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
Company size: Self Employed

Great way to track tasks around multiple projects

Reviewed on 2019/05/26

Really love this product. I have tried many of the top task management softwares with myself and for clients and this one comes out tops for functionality and ease of use.

Pros

Very easy to use. The Dashboard helps you stay on track with what is due when across multiple streams of information.

Cons

I would like more functionality on the cell phone app

Marc B.
Industry: Retail

redbooth Feedback

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Website creation with users in different time zones. Was an efficient tool to track tasks and timing.

Pros

Great flexibility to conduct complex projects with multi users. Ability to assign tasks, priorities defined by the users. Excellent tool for remote teams working on several threads while managing expectations (deliverable contents, time).

Cons

The software is complete as such. However, a better tutorial for new users would be useful.

Response from Redbooth

Hi Marc,
We are glad you have enjoyed using Redbooth for remote team project management. Thanks for the feedback on the better tutorials for new users, we are working on some new content specifically for new users!
Cheers,
Ryan

Industry: Entertainment
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Useful Project Management Tool

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/10/28

Pros

I’m in charge of spearheading projects for my team and each of us has specific roles and responsibilities. Although, we have our individual duties, we collaborate on projects together to fulfill the requirements. I found Redbooth to be very useful in delegating assigned tasks and overseeing what my team is doing. It keeps me up-to-date to where we are heading. I can spot the progress which also depicts the initiative and drive of our team. I want people to be enthusiastic about their work and not just do it because they have to, but also because they want to.

Cons

I prefer to use this software while I’m working on my computer because it sometimes freezes when I use my phone. I wish it didn’t have to do that so I can also work from my phone.

Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Thank goodness for red booth!!!!

Reviewed on 2018/08/19

Pros

I'm horrible with organization of my projects. If it wasn't for my business partner and Redbooth.. I'd 1 probably forget projects and 2 be late.

Cons

Dashboard updates are confusing sometimes. Doesn't show updates on some tasks.

Alexander K.
Industry: Hospitality
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Awesome Task Management Software

Reviewed on 2017/02/08

I love Redbooth. It has completely transformed how my organization runs. We effectively use workspaces, tasks, and assignments to track all KPIs and current projects. The accountability and help the tool provides is great. I also love Redbooth Meetings for an easy video chat and screen share.

Pros

Ease of use and elegant design

Cons

I can't have my assistant schedule a Redbooth Meeting for me.

Mariah K.

Great way to keep track of task!

Reviewed on 2017/10/10

keeps me organized

Pros

I get lost at times when trying to keep track of all the task i am set to do for our company. Redbooth allows you to keep track and mark off your task once completed. You can even mark them as high importance so they are at the top of your list! You can have many categories so you can keep track of your task for each department or section you are working on.

Cons

You have to check daily. I wish they would send you reminders by email on task that are upcoming or due on the day or even over due.

Courtney C.
Industry: Real Estate

I use Redbooth daily to keep track of projects. It has been easy to coordinate projects with my cowo

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Pros

I like that I get email notifications when coworkers make notes to a task and I can reply to the email and my comment automatically gets put on the task.

Cons

You can't sort your tasks on the dashboard and you can't have the same task in multiple workspaces unless you copy the task but then the comments don't follow.