Redbooth Reviews

Redbooth

Task and Project Management Platform

4.5/5 (74 reviews)
Mario S.

+3 years using it. Always helped, but with a pinch of frustration.

Reviewed on 2016/05/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Incredibly versatile, one-man-band type of collaboration software.
It ties communication tools (HD videoconference and chat) with task management (recurring tasks, subtasks, ...), project management (lightweight Gantt chart, workload view and time tracking), all native, in one package. It also features native Android and iOS native apps.
These work well for keeping in touch with the team and create/update tasks.

This is specially important for teams who are dispersed (different cities, different timezones, ...).

While you can easily spend hundreds of dollars on different softwares for different purposes, Redbooth ties it all together in one.

Cons

They've been through a lot of changes over these 3-4 years and they don't seem to have found their core yet.

The UI still looks something out of the first drafts and doesn't look polished or slick like other players in the collaboration space like Asana or Slack.

The Dashboard is somewhat useless and just mimics a prettier email inbox while having the same behavior. Their premise of replacing email is a bit doubtful.

Lots of potential, but doesn't seem to go anywhere.

Super Easy To Use

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

My experience overall has been great as I have used the product since back when it was Teambox 4

Pros

Redbooth has a great UI and continues to make updates that makes the product super easy to use.

Cons

Missing status update option as native versus a tag. Also would love to be able to assign sub task to a person and set due dates for them similar to the main task.

A Solid Option for Task Management

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

Redbooth is as strong as the amount of users who commit to it. We struggle to get everyone on board, and therefore a lot of task management still has to happen over email and text. However, on teams who have really bought into the software, Redbooth offers everything we need.

Pros

The layout of Redbooth, with horizontal columns that are flexible and moveable, has given us a really great way to organize our tasks, and schedule out a variety of time-based tasks and travel appointments.
We also make use of the robust tagging and notification options within the software to manage our tasks appropriately across a 20+ member team.

Cons

A weak point of Redbooth is definitely the calendar view options. We really need the ability to view tasks on a calendar that are only under a specific tag, or viewing tasks for a single person across all workspaces.
We also run into some issues with Word documents not displaying properly in the web interface, which just adds another step to download and look at a document when all you need is just to see it at a glance.

6.0/10
Elizabeth C.

Used for marketing project management - good for limited budget + quick onboarding

Reviewed on 2018/06/23

-project management
-cost savings

Pros

-Clear accountability for users who are assigned tasks
-Clear paper trail of conversation/feedback given
-Easy to scale up/down for different projects + teams
-Many ways to structure a team and project
-Straightforward UI - easy to onboard new team members
-Cost-efficient
-Easy to divide projects within the platform and create different user experiences for people touching different elements of a project
-Easy timeline setup based on task input

Cons

-Glitchy at times (for example, upon upgrade, the customer support chat window covered up a critical button; difficult to format notes because once you've added bullets, it's hard to go back to normal formatting; difficult to drag elements to reorder)
-File storage is extremely unheplful. When you upload attachments to tasks, they are just stored as files within a master file, and it takes significant time to organize them separately. We wound up ignoring this feature altogether
-Additional notification setting options for tasks would be helpful - we wound up blasting people's emails, so they started ignoring Redbooth emails altogether

7.0/10
Maciej S.

Very intuitive online project management tool for high productivity team working.

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

High control over project related tasks. Productivity improvement. Thousand of hours saved.

Pros

Redbooth helps to organize the entire team. Task related, always on schedule. Great user-friendly interface constantly evolving. Data stored in the cloud, access from any place and device. Android and iOS supported app. Very fast and professional support. Free collaboration possible for external clients via e-mail. Integration with many popular apps and services. Chrome and gmail connection. Many reports available. Zapier and API support for multi connection and automation across different platforms.

Cons

Really hard to find any. Any functionality that is not available directly inside Redbooth may be find and implemented from different aps via API support or Zapier.

Yocheved S.

Does the job but can sometimes be frustrating to use

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

Pros

I like the ability to clearly lay out tasks and create subtasks.

Cons

The view can sometimes be unintuitive. There are multiple screens you need to check to make sure you have all the most up to date information on your tasks. There is one view that shows updates on tasks, but it will only show the tasks that have updates. There is another screen that shows all your tasks in order of due date but doesn't clearly show which ones have updates. Then there's another view that lets you see all the tasks in a workspace but it's not immediately clear which ones have been updated recently.

5.0/10
Brian L.

Great User Interface, Intuitive with Many Features

Reviewed on 2016/10/13

The UI has changed a bunch over the last few months. It is now responsive and has icon placement pretty much where you'd expect to find things. The chat is helpful. Task templates make a great boilerplate for similar tasks, perhaps the checklist used to add a new user to your system. It is a bit expensive and the mobile app doesn't currently work well to remember who you are logged in as if using Google SSO.

Pros

Mobile app, alerts, responsive website.

Cons

Google SSO / Mobile App design and price

Ethan R.

Top Combination of Substance and Style

Reviewed on 2015/06/18
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Redbooth help keeps our larger teams moving forward; creating a central repository of information.

There are many task managers out there - and I surveyed about 20+ of them before settling with Redbooth.
Redbooth offers a robust feature set, while staying simple and easy on the eyes.

We found actual adoption and usability being a big stumbling block when we started to actual start to implement a company wide task tracker. We had tried Asana - but it's graphic design and complexity never allowed it to take hold. Redbooth is so quick to pick up that people actually like using it.

For a single feature - I like the "Task to Email".

Cons

I think the ability to assign a subtask with a date could be useful.
I would also like to be able to duplicate complete Projects.
Small issues really.

Brandon L.

Redbooth is the BEST project management software I've ever used

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

Have been using Redbooth for about 3 years now, started with just myself and my freelance work, now it's for my small business managing about 4 people and client proofing as well as milestones and work to give out to our social media team and designers.

Pros

Easy to use, incredible desktop and phone app, it's constantly updated, great tutorials and webinars.

Cons

Wish timing integration was done a little better

Matthew S.

Redbooth, the perfect platform for organizing team projects.

Reviewed on 2018/08/06

We are able to communicate more easily about our projects, and keep track of which assignments are upcoming and who's working on them with you.

Pros

Redbooth is a platform that we use to keep track of our team projects. With Redbooth we are able to see who is all working on the same project and which portion is assigned to each team member. Within the platform we are able to talk among each other about the project that we're working on. Redbooth increases our workflow by allowing us to find all of our information easily and giving us the ability to correlate with each other on our projects. Additionally, Redbooth notifications can be pushed through to your email account, so you never have to miss any information or update on your projects.

Cons

Sometimes the push notifications to your email account can appear to be messy if there's a lot going on in one task. This isn't too much of an issue though, since you can just open Redbooth from your email and view all the information there, in a much more clean space.

Get Ahead With Great Coordination

Reviewed on 2019/05/12

With Redbooth, we get our project organized and managed in the most effective way.

Pros

Firstly, it's very easy to get started with Redbooth. An easy and smooth configuration. Aside from that, it handles the project management impressively, with the guarantee to increase team performance. Wonderful templates are available for use. They have really responsive customer support also.

Cons

No major setbacks with Redbooth. Although we do encounter some minor setbacks with the way it deals with word documents.

Kirstie S.

Great way to track tasks around multiple projects

Reviewed on 2019/05/26

Really love this product. I have tried many of the top task management softwares with myself and for clients and this one comes out tops for functionality and ease of use.

Pros

Very easy to use. The Dashboard helps you stay on track with what is due when across multiple streams of information.

Cons

I would like more functionality on the cell phone app

Marc B.

redbooth Feedback

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Website creation with users in different time zones. Was an efficient tool to track tasks and timing.

Pros

Great flexibility to conduct complex projects with multi users. Ability to assign tasks, priorities defined by the users. Excellent tool for remote teams working on several threads while managing expectations (deliverable contents, time).

Cons

The software is complete as such. However, a better tutorial for new users would be useful.

Response from Redbooth

Hi Marc,
We are glad you have enjoyed using Redbooth for remote team project management. Thanks for the feedback on the better tutorials for new users, we are working on some new content specifically for new users!
Cheers,
Ryan

Useful Project Management Tool

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/10/28

Pros

I’m in charge of spearheading projects for my team and each of us has specific roles and responsibilities. Although, we have our individual duties, we collaborate on projects together to fulfill the requirements. I found Redbooth to be very useful in delegating assigned tasks and overseeing what my team is doing. It keeps me up-to-date to where we are heading. I can spot the progress which also depicts the initiative and drive of our team. I want people to be enthusiastic about their work and not just do it because they have to, but also because they want to.

Cons

I prefer to use this software while I’m working on my computer because it sometimes freezes when I use my phone. I wish it didn’t have to do that so I can also work from my phone.

Thank goodness for red booth!!!!

Reviewed on 2018/08/19

Pros

I'm horrible with organization of my projects. If it wasn't for my business partner and Redbooth.. I'd 1 probably forget projects and 2 be late.

Cons

Dashboard updates are confusing sometimes. Doesn't show updates on some tasks.

Alexander K.

Awesome Task Management Software

Reviewed on 2017/02/08

I love Redbooth. It has completely transformed how my organization runs. We effectively use workspaces, tasks, and assignments to track all KPIs and current projects. The accountability and help the tool provides is great. I also love Redbooth Meetings for an easy video chat and screen share.

Pros

Ease of use and elegant design

Cons

I can't have my assistant schedule a Redbooth Meeting for me.

Mariah K.

Great way to keep track of task!

Reviewed on 2017/10/10

keeps me organized

Pros

I get lost at times when trying to keep track of all the task i am set to do for our company. Redbooth allows you to keep track and mark off your task once completed. You can even mark them as high importance so they are at the top of your list! You can have many categories so you can keep track of your task for each department or section you are working on.

Cons

You have to check daily. I wish they would send you reminders by email on task that are upcoming or due on the day or even over due.

Courtney C.

I use Redbooth daily to keep track of projects. It has been easy to coordinate projects with my cowo

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Pros

I like that I get email notifications when coworkers make notes to a task and I can reply to the email and my comment automatically gets put on the task.

Cons

You can't sort your tasks on the dashboard and you can't have the same task in multiple workspaces unless you copy the task but then the comments don't follow.

Danny R.

Great for planing your work and team schedule

Reviewed on 2018/05/26

Pros

Its a great software to schedule all my work and to have tasks assigned and having all my team know what i am working on, and keep track of projects i am involved in.

Cons

I hate that it does'nt let you schedule with hours and only days, since almost all the time we have deadlines in an specific hour of the day and not the whole day, and it would be great to have alerts on specific hours instead of just daily tracking.

Lorin M.

Asana, but better

Reviewed on 2015/03/06

Switching to Redbooth distilled my typical workflow into one simple interface. Video conferencing is more intuitive and more flexible than Skype, and having the smartphone and iPad apps makes transitioning from office --> home office --> being on the go completely seamless from the collaboration side. I never feel out of the loop and can stay in touch with the rest of the team wherever I am.

As far as ease of use - the interface gets an A+ for being intuitive. If you are a heavy Evernote user this interface will make sense to you.

Pros:

- HD video conference with chat and screen share is the best of Skype & Join.me, all inside one system
- communicates with Google Calendar
-toggles between multiple organizations easily
- tagging feature - excellent within a large team
- HD video conferencing works with users and non-users via link sharing - huge bonus
- easy file sharing without email or Dropbox
- reporting feature for a bird's eye view of task management
- optional recording on HC video conferencing - this is great for creating training material, explaining complex projects that need review, or creating video content

Cons:
- Looking forward to additional HD conference features but thus far this is the best collaboration tool I've used

Rafal T.

usefull tool to increase productivity

Reviewed on 2017/08/30

Pros

easy coordination of remote workers and very easy taracking of the work progress in a different projects

Cons

lack of possibility to customize my own workspace an adjusting location of particular parts of the dashbord to fit my own prefferences and needs

Amy S.

My opinion

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Pros

This tools helps to maintain communication with the team and provides updates on the tasks

Cons

It can be complex if you are not familiar with the tool. My recommendation is to watch the videos in order to understand the tool functionality

Kristin K.

Love redbooth

Reviewed on 2017/03/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Really like the task comments and assigning to different ppl

One of Top Project Management Platforms Out There

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Pros

I used redbooth early in its development and watched it grow and add features over the years. Redbooth is probably the most complete project management tool from a communication, project, report, and visualization perspective. It makes it incredibly easy to follow a project as a manager and invite external stakeholders into the process. I've used Asana, Basecamp, and a handful of other tools, but I found that Redbooth made it the easiest.

Cons

Overall, I very much like the software and all of its features. However, the price is the biggest thing I push back on with Redbooth. It is incredibly expensive as you add more members and makes it relatively inaccessible for SMBs.

Lauren W.

Great for Project/Task Management

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Pros

User interface, ease of use, dashboard organization, commenting ability

Cons

It can be a bit pricey for smaller departments or organizations