Redbooth

• Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Useful Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 2018/10/28

Pros

I’m in charge of spearheading projects for my team and each of us has specific roles and responsibilities. Although, we have our individual duties, we collaborate on projects together to fulfill the requirements. I found Redbooth to be very useful in delegating assigned tasks and overseeing what my team is doing. It keeps me up-to-date to where we are heading. I can spot the progress which also depicts the initiative and drive of our team. I want people to be enthusiastic about their work and not just do it because they have to, but also because they want to.

Cons

I prefer to use this software while I’m working on my computer because it sometimes freezes when I use my phone. I wish it didn’t have to do that so I can also work from my phone.

Elizabeth

Used for marketing project management - good for limited budget + quick onboarding

Reviewed on 2018/06/23

-project management
-cost savings

-project management
-cost savings

Pros

-Clear accountability for users who are assigned tasks
-Clear paper trail of conversation/feedback given
-Easy to scale up/down for different projects + teams
-Many ways to structure a team and project
-Straightforward UI - easy to onboard new team members
-Cost-efficient
-Easy to divide projects within the platform and create different user experiences for people touching different elements of a project
-Easy timeline setup based on task input

Cons

-Glitchy at times (for example, upon upgrade, the customer support chat window covered up a critical button; difficult to format notes because once you've added bullets, it's hard to go back to normal formatting; difficult to drag elements to reorder)
-File storage is extremely unheplful. When you upload attachments to tasks, they are just stored as files within a master file, and it takes significant time to organize them separately. We wound up ignoring this feature altogether
-Additional notification setting options for tasks would be helpful - we wound up blasting people's emails, so they started ignoring Redbooth emails altogether

Rola
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

O.K software

Reviewed on 2020/07/08

my experience was ok but i didnt look forward to submit issues as it used to take time and effort to submit one tasks and the team ended up switching to another (easier to use) system

Pros

An ok tool to log tasks for development or issue solving

Cons

The layout is not user friendly, it is hard to find a task if it wasn't submitted by you (hard to follow up on tasks submitted by other users) and the field were somehow limited

Maciej
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Very intuitive online project management tool for high productivity team working.

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

High control over project related tasks. Productivity improvement. Thousand of hours saved.

Pros

Redbooth helps to organize the entire team. Task related, always on schedule. Great user-friendly interface constantly evolving. Data stored in the cloud, access from any place and device. Android and iOS supported app. Very fast and professional support. Free collaboration possible for external clients via e-mail. Integration with many popular apps and services. Chrome and gmail connection. Many reports available. Zapier and API support for multi connection and automation across different platforms.

Cons

Really hard to find any. Any functionality that is not available directly inside Redbooth may be find and implemented from different aps via API support or Zapier.

Brian
  • Industry: Insurance

Great User Interface, Intuitive with Many Features

Reviewed on 2016/10/13

The UI has changed a bunch over the last few months. It is now responsive and has icon placement pretty much where you'd expect to find things. The chat is helpful. Task templates make a great boilerplate for similar tasks, perhaps the checklist used to add a new user to your system. It is a bit expensive and the mobile app doesn't currently work well to remember who you are logged in as if using Google SSO.

Pros

Mobile app, alerts, responsive website.

Cons

Google SSO / Mobile App design and price

Brandon
Brandon
  • Industry: Design

Redbooth is the BEST project management software I've ever used

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

Have been using Redbooth for about 3 years now, started with just myself and my freelance work, now it's for my small business managing about 4 people and client proofing as well as milestones and work to give out to our social media team and designers.

Pros

Easy to use, incredible desktop and phone app, it's constantly updated, great tutorials and webinars.

Cons

Wish timing integration was done a little better

Kirstie
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great way to track tasks around multiple projects

Reviewed on 2019/05/26

Really love this product. I have tried many of the top task management softwares with myself and for clients and this one comes out tops for functionality and ease of use.

Pros

Very easy to use. The Dashboard helps you stay on track with what is due when across multiple streams of information.

Cons

I would like more functionality on the cell phone app

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Thank goodness for red booth!!!!

Reviewed on 2018/08/19

Pros

I'm horrible with organization of my projects. If it wasn't for my business partner and Redbooth.. I'd 1 probably forget projects and 2 be late.

Cons

Dashboard updates are confusing sometimes. Doesn't show updates on some tasks.

• Used for 6-12 months

One of Top Project Management Platforms Out There

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Pros

I used redbooth early in its development and watched it grow and add features over the years. Redbooth is probably the most complete project management tool from a communication, project, report, and visualization perspective. It makes it incredibly easy to follow a project as a manager and invite external stakeholders into the process. I've used Asana, Basecamp, and a handful of other tools, but I found that Redbooth made it the easiest.

Cons

Overall, I very much like the software and all of its features. However, the price is the biggest thing I push back on with Redbooth. It is incredibly expensive as you add more members and makes it relatively inaccessible for SMBs.

Kristina
Kristina

It's not Trello

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Pros

I mean some stuff was ok like the cards and the checklists but it was so confusing and all white so hard to look at. Also I had to scroll forever

Cons

I don't like that it's not intuitive to use or fun to see all the blocks of copy and just be getting notified on projects I can't even see

Marc

redbooth Feedback

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Website creation with users in different time zones. Was an efficient tool to track tasks and timing.

Pros

Great flexibility to conduct complex projects with multi users. Ability to assign tasks, priorities defined by the users. Excellent tool for remote teams working on several threads while managing expectations (deliverable contents, time).

Cons

The software is complete as such. However, a better tutorial for new users would be useful.

Response from Redbooth

Hi Marc,
We are glad you have enjoyed using Redbooth for remote team project management. Thanks for the feedback on the better tutorials for new users, we are working on some new content specifically for new users!
Cheers,
Ryan

Courtney

I use Redbooth daily to keep track of projects. It has been easy to coordinate projects with...

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Pros

I like that I get email notifications when coworkers make notes to a task and I can reply to the email and my comment automatically gets put on the task.

Cons

You can't sort your tasks on the dashboard and you can't have the same task in multiple workspaces unless you copy the task but then the comments don't follow.

Lorin

Asana, but better

Reviewed on 2015/03/06

Switching to Redbooth distilled my typical workflow into one simple interface. Video conferencing is more intuitive and more flexible than Skype, and having the smartphone and iPad apps makes transitioning from office --> home office --> being on the go completely seamless from the collaboration side. I never feel out of the loop and can stay in touch with the rest of the team wherever I am.

As far as ease of use - the interface gets an A+ for being intuitive. If you are a heavy Evernote user this interface will make sense to you.

Pros:

- HD video conference with chat and screen share is the best of Skype & Join.me, all inside one system
- communicates with Google Calendar
-toggles between multiple organizations easily
- tagging feature - excellent within a large team
- HD video conferencing works with users and non-users via link sharing - huge bonus
- easy file sharing without email or Dropbox
- reporting feature for a bird's eye view of task management
- optional recording on HC video conferencing - this is great for creating training material, explaining complex projects that need review, or creating video content

Cons:
- Looking forward to additional HD conference features but thus far this is the best collaboration tool I've used

Ruth

Redbooth review

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

Overall Redbooth is a great service, just very poor customer support

Overall Redbooth is a great service, just very poor customer support

Pros

The ability to share information and files with the company. The interaction available to work as a team on a product or project.

Cons

Customer Support was almost non existent. Whenever I had an issue or question it was a major undertaking to get help.

Rafal
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

great coordination tool

Reviewed on 2017/08/30

knowledge of the progress on several different projects

knowledge of the progress on several different projects

Pros

i like the connection with the email , and task assignment

Cons

maybe the tons of email with problem to properly show it on the screen, each time we need to download picks for each email

Anna
  • Used for 2+ years

Love RedBooth for its Ease of Use

Reviewed on 2021/03/03

Love Redbooth!

Love Redbooth!

Pros

Very Easy to use and a great tool for collaboration. Perfect for a start up!

Cons

Capacity per employee is hard to track using this tool and reporting

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Good collaboration & employee onboarding platform

Reviewed on 2018/09/07

Pros

A collaboration tool that is good for dispersed teams, getting employees ramped up quickly and for storing documents. You can also integrate your Zoom technology with the platform. I like the Chrome Extension as well so I can access it quickly.

Cons

The chrome extension offers limited actions. For example, you can't set up a meeting from it so you have to go to the browser to do so. Other than that, it is easy to use.

Bhavana

Great organizing tool

Reviewed on 2018/06/15

Pros

For any company keeping track of deadlines is an important task, redbooth makes it much easier to do that. It makes everything organized and using templates is a breeze.

Cons

Free version on redbooth only gives us access to two boars, might be difficult for freelancers and people on a budget.

Liz

Best Solution

Reviewed on 2016/06/15

I did quite a bit of research on my own of different project management sites and apps, and Redbooth was the only option that had the scope of features I needed for a reasonable price. I use an Android mobile device and an Apple computer. My clients typically are on an iOS mobile device and PC computer. Redbooth features are simple and concise enough that I can quickly and efficiently navigate through, but with plenty of functionality. I am in an email-heavy industry and Redbooth will allow us to operate more efficiently with the internal messaging commenting/status features which will also reduce email volume.

Pros

Functionality and features for PC, Android and Mac/iOS platforms. Calendar sharing. Internal messaging and simplified workspaces.

Cons

Administrator settings are slightly tedious.

• Industry: Insurance
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Redbooth

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Pros

Has the features that competing tools have but manages to work them out even better.

Cons

Has free trial which is great, but can be expensive for full program making it a bit difficult to get ones hands on.

Ethan
Ethan
  • Industry: Events Services

Best Combo of Ease of Use, Power & Graphic Design out there ..

Reviewed on 2015/04/12

I tested about 25 different task trackers; and we decided on Redbooth just do to its general usability to track tasks across multiple projects by both internal and external staff.

We had tried Asana - but in the end; no one used it .. to cumbersome, ugly and more complicated then our staff needed or could handle.

Redbooth ws the 3rd little bears bed that just fit right :)

Pros

Design
Power

Cons

Time tracking not linked into a more powerful engine
Could use a more robust calendar.

Frank

A very solid product that just got even better with the new version!

Reviewed on 2012/01/11

We used to use email or Sharepoint for collaboration, email was too limited and had no accountability, and Sharepoint was way too expensive and complex.

Teambox helps us to stay connected, assign and mon

Pros

The new version 4 is a dramatic improvement. We found it to be much faster and more intuitive than previous versions.

Cons

Want to have the Dropbox integration available now - not next month! It would be great if the company integrated into BOX.NET as well for file sharing

John

Redbooth Review

Reviewed on 2016/12/30

Redbooth is a task and project management software. I used it largely for managing projects and maintaining visibility across project team members.

Redbooth is very easy to use for things such as creating workspaces (projects), creating tasks, assigning tasks to team members (with due dates), uploading documents, and much more.

Additionally, Redbooth replaced my paper-based to do list.

• Used for 1-5 months

Another system to track projects

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Easy planning, tasking features, dashboards...there's more that's available, I'm sure. We just don't use it very often.

Pros

It seems fairly straightforward and easy to use. It's intuitive, so not a lot of training required.

Cons

It's another system to use when we already have products to meet our needs. If you don't have it, then this could work really well. But this doesn't get the use it should/could because we already have a lot of products that answer anything we might throw into RedBooth.

Sara
Sara
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Initial stages, unproven

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

More visibility between departments on status of larger tasks, broken into smaller tasks.

Pros

Ability to assign tasks to other people.
Ability to collaborate on projects with multiple tasks.
Ability to see completed tasks.
Email responses, no need to login to reply.

Cons

Requirement to be a part of the group that you are assigning tasks.
Possibility of being assigned tasks that should not be yours.