WhosOff

The Online Staff leave planner

4/5

Dianne
Dianne

WhosOff makes it so much easier for me to do my job

Reviewed on 2017/11/30

WhosOff saves me time which means I can do all the really important things and don't have to worry about checking calendars to see whose available for meetings.

Pros

I like the fact that you can see, at a glance, where everyone in your company is at any given time. This is great when I'm planning meetings - it means I can schedule the right date and know that everyone will be available.

Gaynor
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

WhosOff for a small company

Reviewed on 2021/11/23

Our experience of the system meant we could introduce new absence management methodologies as the company grew from 25 to 140 employees. Managers were able to be trained and educated on the use of the system quickly.

Pros

From a start up position to a medium sized business, the system offers both the employee and manager the ability to manage an employee's absence with ease, whilst being able to run useful reports.

The system is good value.

Cons

Nothing really, we simply outgrew the system.

• Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

WhosOff Review

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

In overall, the biggest problem, when having two accounts for different regions, with the sofware is that you can´t create an employee within two account. Therefore, if your team is regionally expanded and your reporting lines are in the two different account you won´t be able to approve some of your employees leaves.

Pros

The best thing of this software is that it is really user friendly. As a user, you can find all the information needed on the first page.

Cons

This sofware lacks of flexibility and features for big companies. It does not allow combining data of two different accounts without losing information.

Janet

Excellent Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2024/01/31

Pros

Absolutely amazing customer service. [sensitive content hidden] is so attentive and friendly and it makes all the difference!

Cons

There are no cons for us, we have found the system to offer exactly what we need

Shoaib
  • Used for Free Trial

Not so easy on the eyes.

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Pros

It is packed with many features made with a sole focus of just to see whose in and whose off. Basic!

Customer Service is top notch!

Cons

Basic! The interface when compared to other similar solutions is not eye catching. Its a bit black & white. (Too Basic)

It lacks customization, for example when i was looking to purchase a product for leave management, i wanted a software where i could add multiple leave approves in a specific order, which wasn't possible in WhosOff.

BambooHR and Sage HR

BambooHR and Sage HR
Lauren

Clean easy system, great for small-medium workforces

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

Incredibly easy to use, both for front end users as we as administration. Reporting is very easy with lots the ability to view online as well as export.

Cons

The bigger the business, the harder it is the facilitate part time workers. You lose historical data past one year

Response from X:drive Computing

Hi Lauren
Thanks for the feedback.

(You can view any historical data from the reports section when you need to)

Easy to use leave management system that is intuitive with good notifications that keep you...

Reviewed on 2022/02/23

Very positive, even the negatives are quite negligible.

Very positive, even the negatives are quite negligible.

Pros

Ease of use, Intuitive, allows booking holiday in no time. Alerts are great and ability to cancel approved holidays is great as well.

Cons

Rarely while booking half days I've had issues with selecting the correct dates.

Laurie
Laurie

Poor user experience detracts from a decent toolset.

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

It handles the holiday planning for my department, but is time ineffective and often frustrating. The rules set are deep, but require close administration to implement successfully.

Pros

The dashboard function is clear and gives a strong departmental over-view of currently planned leave. The ability to define dependency groups allows us to manage resource more effectively.

Cons

Attempting to access the platform via iPhone results in an infinite redirect and the page is only accessible when you request the site as a Desktop. This makes it very frustrating to use the tool whilst on the go.

The 'manage my staff' function is difficult and clunky to utilise and isn't very clear.

Paul
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Fantastic Platform & Support

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Pros

Great system, easy to use. Has changed our holiday and day off system for the better.

Cons

There is nothing not to like about the WhosOff its a fantastic system. There is always an answer from the support team and its alays YES. What ever you ask of them is always possible.

Steven
Steven
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Helpful to keep track of staff

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

We moved from a Microsoft Environment to another Environment. Not that it was easy to keep track of people on the MS Environment but we had it work. In our new Environment we did not have time to put together a work-around, so we found WhosOff. WhosOff provides exactly what we need to let people know when people are off without email chains.

Pros

We are using just the Leave Requests portion so our teams can know who is off and when without having to review an email chain. It is working well and providing the visibility we were looking for.

Cons

The software is simplistic so do not expect too much. That said our complicated software could not do this in a manner that was easy to use and easy to see by all employees.

Garrett
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Great for SMB

Reviewed on 2022/11/14

This application has simplified our leave tracking for a relatively cheap per user fee.

Pros

Its very easy to deploy, add new employees and remove when needed. The calendar view is clean and can be accessed outside of the website via embedded content or calendar feeds. the email notifications are helpful when you need to approve staff's days off.

Cons

There are a lot of ways to do the same thing, and sometimes it takes a while to find the right way. Example submitting a sick day for an employee you manage is easy, but submitting vacation time for them on their behalf is very complicated. We have to manually move the days off into our payroll software.

Ahijah
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

WhosOff

Reviewed on 2022/11/20

Pros

Very easy to use, no instruction necessary. My favorite feature is being able to see the schedules for not only your own department, but others as well.

Cons

Not being able to cancel your time off request once approved.

Sarah

I use WhosOff daily as an administrator

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

Pros

I like that WhosOff is very easily accessible, clearly laid out and very easy to navigate and function. It is clear to see whos off as an employee and submit leave for employees as an administrator.

Cons

I would like reporting function be easier and more visible, as well as the ability to turn of email notifications for certain employees whilst making changes instead of the organisation as a whole.

Easy to use and good for its purpose

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

This is a good solution for companies or teams for registering overtime and managing vacations.

Pros

It's quite easy to register overtime, schedule vacations and to have a good overview on who is/will be off in your team.

Cons

When registering overtime you have to scroll all the way down your previously registered overtime, which can be quite boring.

Solana

Good for the value

Reviewed on 2022/02/10

Pros

The support team responds in a timely manner
Integrates with google calendar

Cons

It's a bit clunky but it does its job

Used for our company

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Ease the burden of Holiday admin with this program, it works well. The only downside is intregration with calendars in outlook etc could be better!

Pros

Less paper is surely better right? This app helps out our company by easing the admin burden of staff booking holidays. With Supervisiors in charge of holidays per department, when a request is submitted by an employee an e-mail is sent to them who in turn can review the dashboard of the team and then approve or decline.

Cons

What would be better, is integration with outlook and other calendar providers.

Response from X:drive Computing

Hi,

Many thanks for leaving your review. Just to let you know you can create and subscribe to a calendar feed from WhosOff. If you need any help please let us know, [email protected]

David

Holiday approval software

Reviewed on 2017/12/04

Pros

Easy to book holidays
Able to view holidays of other staff
Organise staff by department when viewing holidays
Simple approval system
avoids use of email to approve holidays

Cons

There's not much to dislike as its a simple concept and it currently all features required to book, approve and manage holidays

• Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 2018/06/22

It's very to easy to file my leaves, saves time.

It's very to easy to file my leaves, saves time.

Pros

I'm using this tool whenever I need to file my leave or overtime work. It has a very easy to use interface so it doesnt require further help to navigate the features. I cannot answer the value for money since I only an end user.

Cons

Nothing in particular, so far it meets my needs. Maybe the design, it's quite boring, but it doesn't affect the functionality in any means.

Peter
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Tracking who's off

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

We used who's off in the past but have not transitioned to a competing product. It did solve the job for us, but overall user experience feels clumpsy and old.

Pros

I guess it solved the job of allowing me to see which employees that are off and when, and report my own off time, but overall it feels like an application developed 10 years ago and just in maintain mode now.

Cons

It wasn't really a great experience to use their mobile app for iOS. Not being part of HR team I was only a consumer of their mobile app so I dont know about their other offering or the experience of using the tool as an administrator.

Adam
Adam

Very impressed and gives transparency to whole company

Reviewed on 2017/11/13

Pros

I like how everyone in the company can easily see who is off on a certain day (if their permissions allow them).

Cons

There should be a feature to edit a holiday already booked rather than having to cancel and rebook it again.

Jenny
Jenny

Best holiday calendar for work!

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Pros

I like how it has an app so i can book holidays when im at home and dont have to wait until i get into work. I like that you can put in a description, so you can look back to see why you took that day off. I like that you can see when people are off, helps to forecast resources.

Israel

Really good at tracking WhosOff

Reviewed on 2022/10/06

I was pleased with Whosoff, but when an [SENSITIVE CONTENT] joined the company, she decided to move to HR Locker. I still think that whosoff was better for tracking time off requests.

Pros

The software is simple and extremely functional. As the company grew we needed to start tracking who is taking time off and when. WhosOff was a perfect fit for this.

Cons

I felt that the software is perfect for small companies but it might not size well when more features are required.

Rob

good software

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

does what it says. no frills. perhaps api integration might improve things. options on emails or reminders.