GoCanvas

Easy, flexible & powerful software for service businesses.

Daniel P.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Canvas has significantly improved our operation, increased productivity and less redundancies

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

Canvas has cut out so many redundancies in our business and is extremely versatile. It has been fun getting creative with the workflow. Not to mention the endless advantages for remote use and management.

Pros

The fact that Canvas takes away so much extra leg work behind the scenes, freeing up time for our employees to focus energy on more critical tasks.

Cons

The only recommendation I would have is to make functional improvements on multiple departments or groups sharing the same apps and functions. For example, a franchise group with several locations that need to keep consistency with apps across the locations

Diana N.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

customer service is great

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

Its great!

Pros

I have only ever had one issue and it was fixed promptly

Cons

Would like to be friendlier when I have it saved and need to go back and add additional information

Adanga B.
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great product, Super support team

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Our maintenance workers get their job assignments on a tablet. The submitter enters the work order, it goes to a maintenance supervisor for approval and assigned to a maintenance worker. When job is complete it goes back to original submitter to ok work was done appropriately and then submitted.
We do all our training exams on tablets and laptops and all of our inspections (forklift, vehicle, ladder, fire extinquishers, eye wash stations, hoists, cranes, scales and all filed with no paper!)

Pros

The paper eliminated, filing in the cloud. And being able to check up on inspections and required training to make sure it's taken place.

Cons

The support team has overcome every obstacle I've run into so there really is no down side. We search by time frame and sometimes I'd like to be able to search across multiple Apps for a specific individual's submissions but this is small beans in comparison to all Go Canvas has enabled us to do

David L.

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

Ease of use in the office and on site with mobile forms. All I talked to in the field say it is fairly easy to use and really like it, for now they do not have to shuffle so much paperwork, it automatically shows up to fill out certain forms weekly (which is a good reminder). Fill it out, done and filed.

Pros

It is very easy to use. It takes a bit to learn how to set up documents, but once learned it gets better. I also like how we can go into a form and change a few things and it automatically updates. So when others access GoCanvas it syncs and all is up to date, right then.

Cons

Can't think of anything at this time.

Nick M.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Flexible, very useful.

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

Streamlining paper records about herbicide applications to a digital format. We are able to clients another notification for maintenance for their records for compliance. And we are working on an app that will eventually replace our paper field reports to deal with work and inventory.

Pros

Its customizability is very good, and we've used multiple apps within the program for different reason, for internal documentation and for clients. Nice way to move away from paper records where possible.

Cons

Adjusting some of the options/menus within an app once it was activated wasn't always straight forward, even with the help. Most were easy once I asked tech support, but wasn't always clear when in the program.

Justin H.

Canvas

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Pros

For clients in higher education looking for a premier online learning product built for social learning, Canvas is the product for you! Having worked in other learning management systems which encourage users to 'document dump' and treat their online courses like correspondence courses, I was quite pleased to design courses and teach in such a high quality learning management system. Additionally, appearance, text size, and other learning environment concerns are appropriate to the higher education context, particularly as accessibility is concerned. This is an excellent product!

Cons

As a fully featured product, there is a bit of a learning curve in using the product well. That said, i'm not sure how to avoid this in a robust learning management system.

Jon W.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A Fantastic Tool For Improving Efficiency and Quality of Service

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

We have replaced paper property inspection forms which has not only added value to the service provided to our clients, but it has increased efficiency massively and has gone even further by protecting the company from certain liability claims by evidencing every property inspection in its entirety, with supporting photographs etc.etc.

Pros

That everything from the app to the pdf can be tailored to fully meet our requirements.

Cons

Nothing! It was easy to set up, easy to use, tweak, and easy for all users to understand and begin to use.

Jorge R.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Canvas completely change they we were producing and storing service report for my business.

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Service reports looks more professional.
Save time & storage to us and our clients.

Pros

That it adapted to my business and not the other way around.
That it is cost effective.
Last but not least, that 99% of my clients love it.

Cons

So far so good! Like every new software, you go to a period of try and error, however canvas support was there all the way step by step.

Beth W.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

GET IT!

Reviewed on 2015/10/23

GoCanvas has been incredible to work with. Our business is in Electrical Contracting, and GoCanvas designed a form on their app so that our employees don't need to fill out paper work tickets anymore. They also installed a barcode scanning system, so that our employees can scan items that they take from our warehouse to use at the jobsite. GoCanvas also give the ability to export those work tickets into a CSV or XML file, which means we can actually import those scans from their work tickets into our job costing software. It does so much more than we ever expected it to, which has made our switch to GoCanvas a seamless transition, and our employees who use it love it!
But the best part about GoCanvas is their Customer Service. I've had issues mapping some updates I made to the app, and was in a hurry to get it taken care of (before our employees were going to scan), and they got my message and called me immediately. Their response time is great, and they make sure they actually help solve the problem if there is one.
I can't say too many good things about their company, and would highly recommend them to anyone looking to consolidate their paper forms into a paperless app.

Pros

Customer Service
Adaptability

Response from Canvas

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback! We appreciate it!

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Go Canvas is a Force Multiplier

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

We solved our field service ticket and manual inspection sheet issue. We were utilizing computers, tablets and having to access excel and then email to send these forms. Now the techs can utilize their phones and email directly to customer and supervisor when complete. This has allowed us to become much more versatile and is causing other departments to question their processes.

Pros

The basics are very easy to learn and you can quickly create simple forms that allow you advanced mobilization.

Cons

When a form has to be dynamic the software becomes a little more complicated and having to set the app up and then the layout on the pdf can be somewhat time consuming.

Luis C.
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

GoCanvas experience

Reviewed on 2019/05/08

We have been able to create reports to share with our clients the work we do in their machines, we are in charge of technical service and it is very useful to create the reports in real time and present them immediately after the work

Pros

It is easy to use, we can provide our clients with a formal and well-designed report, adapted to our needs

Cons

We need a little more personalized training to what we want to do, maybe explanatory videos

Trista M.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

GoCanvas has helped streamline our delivery process now that we can verify our deliveries...

Reviewed on 2017/08/14

Pros

I can modify the app to do just about anything I need it to do for our company. We can verify who made the deliveries, who signs for the deliveries, where the deliveries occurred via gps, what items were delivered, and more. We aren't in the dark ages anymore, we can now lookup these items at any time via the online website vs looking through old folders of information!

Cons

Some of the operations can seem clunky and a little less intuitive. Once you learn them, it isn't hard to master, but it may not work the way you would originally think.

Kate D.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Well worth the wait

Reviewed on 2019/05/13

Building the Customer PDF took 6 months. It was very complicated, and that plus the geographical distance between US/UK meant that this took longer than expected. The result is very good however, and was worth the wait.

Pros

The apps were very easy to set up, in most cases we went live with the apps the same day. The builder is very intuitive and flexible.

Cons

The apps was very easy - no complaints. The custom PDFs are difficult if you need to do handovers etc.

Nate K.

We use Canvas for our inspection reports and love the way it has streamlined our process.

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

Pros

I love the time that it saves us. Canvas allows us to be much more efficient with our time. I also like that it keeps our inspectors from forgetting to check certain things while on site, eliminating extra trips out.

Cons

The initial set up phase to get your apps set up takes a lot of effort. Canvas does offer a setup service that would streamline this though. Did not take advantage of this service. Much quicker and cheaper than having custom apps set up though.

Felix F.

It is very user friendly

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

It has a contemporary look and feel, great mobile app, easy to integrate 3rd party tools or systems, the collaboration, communication and assessment tools are the best. easy setup to make courses public or private or combined, good support, good availability for integrate with external systems. provides an array of extra features which makes in one of the best LMS on the market

Cons

The layout of the site is well organized but it tends to confuse on certain occasions due to the large number of options and features. it takes a long time to adapt to the environment, Nevertheless, once you get how to use it, worth the effort. the mobile app does not support all types of documents (it is not a recurring error, I have not been able to reproduce the error)

Caleb M.

Excellent Low Cost Site Servery App

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

It has been a great cost-effective experience.

Pros

Easy to use way to effectively gather field information

Cons

Working with any database can have its issues. Uploading our forms using wireless data can be an issue.

Marty K.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

My Dispatch App has changed my world

Reviewed on 2018/08/24

Very helpful team at Gocanvas.

Pros

Easy to program and has very flexible logic solutions.

Cons

Wish I could set a default of at least 100 workflow dispatches to display on the page. Pretty bothersome to make an edit on dispatch 72, save it, and then have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to choose 100, to display 100 dispatches so that I can edit number 73. The current default is 25.

And, the Business Insights Add-in is no longer static in my Excel. So I have to reactivate the Gocanvas add-in every time I open Excel. This is a problem.

Christiana G.

Review of Go Canvas

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

It takes what was once written by hand and makes it so I can see it right on the mobile.

Pros

I can see what is going on without being at each location and leave a step by step to follow and get pictures along the way to check the work.

Cons

I found it hard to get the work flow piece to work properly and get the items deleted as they were completed. Still working on that pieces working effectively for us.

Nigel C.

Revolution in Mobile Data Gathering

Reviewed on 2014/07/28

As a large food retailer, we frequently require data from our 350+ field managers, Loss prevention personnel and so on. GoCanvas mobile forms saved us from receiving 300 emails for each audit, feedback request site visit etc. It saved us from deciphering 300 differently formatted excel files and it saved our colleagues in the field from carrying around heavy laptops, allowing them to spend much more time on the shop floor where they are needed.

The forms are fairly basic, but contain all the crucial elements you need and the online form design tool lets you customise them exactly as you want. More options always seems to spring up and there are a number of ways to customise your forms and their outputs.

Can't fault customer service - always very quick to respond to support requests and I haven't found a problem they couldn't solve (despite trying my hardest).

Overall a highly recommended app, service and company who I am please to deal with.

Sharon G.

Love GoCanvas- Highly recommend it for laser, beauty sector

Reviewed on 2016/04/26

I love GoCanvas App. I love the fact that I have gone virtually paperless. I have over 35 consent forms for clients to complete for my clinic, some of which can be up to 10 pages long. GoCanvas offers me(1) environmental friendly service (2) extra space- as I don't need filing cabinets (3) I never have to worry about a client consent form going missing, as I have an email back up as well as online filing system- this is reassuring from a litigation perspective. (4) GoCanvas offers me a comprehensive client record system i.e. I can take pre & post op photos prior to my clinic treatments- a requisite for some procedures from an insurance perspective.(5) support is prompt & friendly (6) its cost effective for y business, as I dont need to invest in software .. I would highly recommend it for any forward thinking business.

David B.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Excellent app!

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

I inspect many several floor buildings weekly. I need something better than clipboard and pen to document my inspection. This app does it!!!

Pros

Enabled an app illiterate person to make an app that will simplify, streamline and improve my day to day operation. I can and do use it on Android and iOS devices.

Cons

I would like to be able to share it with one additional person to see how we can collaborate on it.

Mark C.

The canvas team have been very helpful getting started

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

Simple and easy to use. Make doing daily paperwork easy. It also speeds up reporting on the time sensitive issues.

Pros

The fact that all of forms are in one place, and supervisors can fill forms out on their smart devices in the field and send all at one time. This not only saves time but money as well.

Cons

Not sure, but understanding all functions while building apps sometimes is a little hard. But nothing trial and error won't fix.

Liz D.

Amazing Services and Easy to Use Product

Reviewed on 2014/11/19

Pros

We began using this product just a short six months ago. It has changed the way our company does business and performs job duties. From the moment I contacted GoCanvas to this very day, they have gone above and beyond to help us with all our needs. GoCanvas is a very innovative company and goes the distance to ensure the satisfaction of us customers.

Cons

GoCanvas is consistently working on updates and upgrades to the product to meet customers' needs.

Technical Support a complete joke! Crashes constantly, but does the job when it works.

Reviewed on 2018/06/09

Pros

Easy to produce reports. Quick to make changes. Works offline with acceptable crash recovery and only 10% loss of data when it crashes.

Cons

Technical Support? What Technical Support? I have placed 13 phone calls in one month to address mission critical bugs - 12 of them went to voicemail and were never returned. I ended up calling sales who basically told me to send a ticket (which also didn't get addressed). By far, the worst experience I have ever had as a paying B2B customer, and I just pray that I don't ever get an issue which I can't figure out my own workaround.
Employees are constantly jumping ship and the social media is drinking the cool-aid. Basically if you have an issue, you are on your own, especially after you convert from trial. During trial they were occassionally responsive but once I'm a paying customer.

Jill T.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

NBRHC

Reviewed on 2021/02/03

Overall, it's been good. Reasonable response time for issues that arise.

Pros

It was an easy transition for use by staff. It is easy to use as an administrator. We are very pleased.

Cons

Issues when staff don't set up correctly and I am not able to locate them but the systems says the email address is being used. I am unable to correct without contacting GoCanvas