GoCanvas

Write a Review!
Easy, flexible & powerful software for service businesses.

4.1/5
4.3/5
4.5/5
4.5/5

John Kenneth
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Paperless? Try this

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

Yes, this software really amazed me for replacing our documents to data. This is really amazing software.. Everyone should try this to experience the one of a kind software. Really recommended to all.

Lena
  • Industry: Veterinary

GoCanvas is a Temporary Scheduling Software Solution

Reviewed on 2022/04/26

I found GoCanvas to be a great software in general. It is easy to use and allows you to build forms, collect data, and transfer data to most any platform. It is easy to search and filter your information as well. I would have continued to use it if I were able to customize it to fit a grooming salon. I still would recommend it to others.

Pros

I liked how easy it is to create forms and implement them into our website. I like how the information is stored and sent to us, it is very easy to understand and sort.

Cons

The lack of customization to fit the pet industry.

Pawfinity and DaySmart Pet

Reasons for Switching to GoCanvas

The price was better and it seemed easier to use.
Keith

Caution. Do not use this product.

Reviewed on 2023/07/25

Please avoid this company at all costs, they are highly unethical and untrustworthy. There are much better products available, its not worth the hassle. They tried to charge us for a full year after we cancelled their service due to terrible service and customer support. We blocked payment from the bank but somehow they have taken payment without consent from our accounts for the full amount. This is surely theft? I just hope that they lose more money than they took from us by losing potential customers/victims because of this review.

Pros

Easy custom forms.

Cons

Dishonest. Will take your money by any means necessary. App usually crashes when opened. Terrible customer support.

Oluchi
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

My Experience with Go Canvas

Reviewed on 2022/12/02

Education Development in Nigeria It has helped with keeping tracks with the development of tertiary institution

Pros

It has helped my organization become more productive in the space of one yearData collection, organizing and sharing has been made easy with the help of Go CanvasThe software can be used on both computer, pads and mobile devices which made it accessibleLess paper handling and at the same time has save a lot of money for the procurement department

Cons

When is being used by a lot of people at the same time it can affect the speed of the software

Ted

Retiring / Archiving Forms

Reviewed on 2022/09/11

With strong support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT]and the others in GoCanvas support, we have been able to work through all out issues over the course of the last 5+ years since I have been working with The Land Stewards.

Pros

GoCanvas is a user-friendly platform that is a valuable tool for us. We primarily use GoCanvas at The Land Stewards for our SWPPP (Stormwater Pollution Prevention Planning) inspections. The thing I like most about the software is the speed at which a form captures the data we need in the field and the stability of the app's features.

Cons

The part I like the least about this software is the difficulty in creating / editing the PDF output from a form when building a new form. When the PDF prints from a printer it needs to look a certain way and designing a new form takes quite a bit of trial and error to resolve and get looking right.

Randy
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Tablet to Old

Reviewed on 2021/06/01

I have used GoCanvas for about 8 years. I use it for in house inspections in the Exploration and Production of Natural gas. This meets the requirements of State tracking and OSHA tracking.

Pros

GoCanvas is a software that the user has most of the control over. You can create and customize your documents to fit your needs.

Cons

The first time use of any feature can be tricky. The pro to this con is there is always technical support. I used to like technical support better when you could pickup the phone and call rather that submitting the ticket and waiting for responses.

• Industry: Sports

Great product!

Reviewed on 2023/04/07

Overall I like the Gocavas, its easy to design applications, its easy to use, and get it out to users.

Pros

We were looking for a method to submit inventory transactions that was easy, readily available to the user, on their mobile, that data entered can be validated and that can integrate easily to our system to reduce the time spent manually processing orders. GoCanvas was able to provide all these features.

Cons

The cons, limitation on graphics size, the reference data has to be partitioned if the file is too big, but there are work arounds, revisions to a forms change the form number so any project integrations that call that specific form number have to be updated every time.

Marc
Marc

Save time and money!

Reviewed on 2018/12/24

We are a commercial and institutional HVAC service company. GoCanvas has solved several issues including legibility of service tickets (previously hand written) as well as quick delivery of the tickets (used to use FedEx overnight at the end of each week for each field employee). This cut our billing time down by 2 weeks. We are also using GoCanvas to create weekly time sheets, field quote sheets, time off requests and vehicle repair requests. We have several other forms which we will be creating soon. The staff at GoCanvas is extremely knowledgeable and creative. I have not come across anybody that was not excited about their product and ready and willing to solve my problems. I highly recommend GoCanvas for forms and processes to any industry with a need.

Pros

GoCanvas is simple to learn and use. If you either cannot or don't have time to learn the software, their customer support can help design and setup almost any form that you can envision.

Cons

Nothing in life is perfect. GoCanvas is still working to fill the gaps of what it cannot yet do. I wish the GoCanvas submissions would interact with my database software but it will not and that is not a GoCanvas issue either. My database software company will not talk (literally or figuratively) with GoCanvas. Despite this setback, GoCanvas is still a better option (in our opinion) than using the mobile version of the database software.

Go Canvas is a Force Multiplier

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

We solved our field service ticket and manual inspection sheet issue. We were utilizing computers, tablets and having to access excel and then email to send these forms. Now the techs can utilize their phones and email directly to customer and supervisor when complete. This has allowed us to become much more versatile and is causing other departments to question their processes.

Pros

The basics are very easy to learn and you can quickly create simple forms that allow you advanced mobilization.

Cons

When a form has to be dynamic the software becomes a little more complicated and having to set the app up and then the layout on the pdf can be somewhat time consuming.

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Opened my eyes to the world of Mobile Forms.

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Trialled GoCanvas extensively while coming up with a solution for our warehouses record-keeping....

Eventually went with ProntoForms and have learnt to love it and the many options I have to tweak and create new forms.

Pros

Very simple to use. Powerful options for importing and exporting data. As of October, GC have come out with a Free version for businesses with only one user. This could be quite amazing to get users on board and suit the needs of most small businesses.

Cons

Expensive for few users. We were wanting to have 3 Users (ie 3 Mobile devices) and pricing could not match alternate software offerings that I found.
Though I would likely think if I chose this software long-term, I would grow to love its feature-set.

Anthony
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Good Work!

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

We record inspections, audits, training.

We record inspections, audits, training.

Pros

Ease of using the apps
ease of building the apps
Mobile function is excellent

Cons

I am unable to get any badges, banners, or sound notifications on my iphone.

Trello

Reasons for Switching to GoCanvas

Ease of access and reportability.
Cody
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Great software, terrible licensing structure.

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

Pros

Almost everything; creating an app is easier than falling off a log, and even our users are capable of filling them out.

Cons

The licensing structure is awful. Not being able to add users without totally resetting your license renewal is easily the worst licensing system imaginable. I have tried to think of a worse one, but never could. As much as I love the service overall, I have to constantly fight my managers to continue justifying the cost, and am constantly tasked to find a replacement to save money which is a huge strain on my time. Admittedly this is partially poor management, but the licensing structure does not help matters.

Willy
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Impressive integration

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

We have used this program for many option such as work orders when we did not have any at the time of using this software. Used electronic forms to track time for employee to build justification, and moved our variety of inspections to canvas to make it easy for submitters.

Pros

- Simplicity to create your own forms
- Customization open to get the best forms possible

Cons

- cannot remember as some items have been fixed with each update to serve our need

Ryan

Retail Application for Greenhouse Growers

Reviewed on 2014/07/28

We are a live plant grower for "Big Box' retailers, and in some cases we own the product until the product scans through the register. We are responsible monitoring and maintaining the inventory in the garden centers, and a missed sale opportunity in the store means a missed sale for the greenhouse. It is very important that we have a true understanding of what our saleable inventory is in each store at any given time.
As part of this process, we employ merchandisers who will display and care for the product while it is at the retail location, and will throw away any product that is unsaleable. To maintain an accurate inventory, we need to know the variety of plant and the quantities that were thrown away.
Historically this process was done by filling out a paper form and then faxing it back to the greenhouse. Office personell would then take the faxes and then hand enter the data into our enterprise system which kept track of store inventory - a very time consuming ordeal.
We worked with Go Canvas to design an app that would allow our merchandisers to capture that data using their smart phones and submit the information instantly. The back end software takes that data and consolidates it so we ccan download it into one Excel file. That file is uploaded into our enterprise system and all store inventories are updated simultaneously.
While the app does save us money by spending less time hand entering updates, the real benefit is having a more accurate view of our inventory which enables us to capture every sales dollar.
Overall, we have been very satisfied with the service and the customer service has been great. I explained what I needed to my rep and they built the app to my specifications, and any time we needed to tweak things, they were more than happy to comply.

Liz
  • Industry: Food Production

Good for data collection but very limited reporting

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

Pros

I appreciate the ease of creating web forms to collect data along with the signature function. User adoption of the software is painless.

Cons

Unless you love reading through many rows of data, the reporting functionality is probably not for you. I use zapier to automate the export of my data into google sheets so that I can easily run reports. GoCanvas is costly considering it is basically a data collection tool without the ability to do even the most rudimentary analysis.

Tom
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Use it Everyday

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

Been very good overall. I have recommended it to some of our fellow dealers.

Been very good overall. I have recommended it to some of our fellow dealers.

Pros

You customize your form very easy from the dashboard. We are presently using 12 apps that we designed. A team of 10 people are suing them everyday. No real issues, things can be changed on the fly if need be.

Cons

Nothing really. It took a little time to lean the app building. The learning curve was not very steep at all.

Steve
Steve

Canvas has made my job and my teams job a lot easier. Also customer support is top notch.

Reviewed on 2017/12/06

Got rid of a manual paper process.

Got rid of a manual paper process.

Pros

Ease of use and anytime I need the help your just a phone call away with someone always willing to help.

Cons

My only complaint about the software is every time I make a change to an app it creates a new version therefore when I have to do a download of a project that has already been running for a year I have to make sure I am downloading the data from every version.

PAUL
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Used for 2+ years

Poor communication - bad customer service: Stay away!

Reviewed on 2020/08/06

GoCanvas have continued to bill our credit card despite repeated instructions to close our account. Customer service seems non-existent despite numerous emails and submission requests over the past month.

I am bitterly disappointed with GoCanvas and would strongly advise anyone considering using this organisation to evaluate alternative service providers first.

Pros

At the time, we considered GoCanvas to provide value for money. We have since re-evaluated this decision and now deeply regret involving ourselves with GoCanvas.

Cons

Billing and exceptionally bad customer service.

Jorge
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Canvas completely change they we were producing and storing service report for my business.

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Service reports looks more professional.
Save time & storage to us and our clients.

Service reports looks more professional.
Save time & storage to us and our clients.

Pros

That it adapted to my business and not the other way around.
That it is cost effective.
Last but not least, that 99% of my clients love it.

Cons

So far so good! Like every new software, you go to a period of try and error, however canvas support was there all the way step by step.

Erica

Formerly FESCO, now CINTAS

Reviewed on 2023/02/27

Good remarks from our technicians.

Good remarks from our technicians.

Pros

I personally don't use the software, I just listen to the remarks made by our technicians.

Trista
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

GoCanvas has helped streamline our delivery process now that we can verify our deliveries...

Reviewed on 2017/08/14

Pros

I can modify the app to do just about anything I need it to do for our company. We can verify who made the deliveries, who signs for the deliveries, where the deliveries occurred via gps, what items were delivered, and more. We aren't in the dark ages anymore, we can now lookup these items at any time via the online website vs looking through old folders of information!

Cons

Some of the operations can seem clunky and a little less intuitive. Once you learn them, it isn't hard to master, but it may not work the way you would originally think.

Robert

Huge fan of this company ! Great customer service response time !

Reviewed on 2015/08/25

I wanted this software when my previous million dollar employer didn't care to be open to innovation. They didn't care to hear about an environmentally friendly supply usage app that would've reduced spending costs, and greatly reduced a large paper footprint in our world.

Recently, I've started my own company and my business now thrives from it. I'm not a software engineer and this program is user friendly so that I don't have to be an engineer. It's always evolving. I was just recently stuck on updating my company format... Ellen Weintraub, a customer service rep, chimed in and asked to help. She was able to solve my problem very efficiently.

I received a very positive response from this software. I was even able to cancel 2 very expensive subscriptions that this software has now replaced. All of my work is digital, and most of my customers prefer to be emailed.

I'd also like to extend my gratitude to Jason Good. He was the original customer service rep that reached out to me a few years ago, when I was trying to promote a better way for my previous employer to do business.

My advise to anyone reading this. If you work for a million dollar company that won't take a few minutes out of their day to at least listen to an idea that could possible save them money...it's time for a new company...with this software, and pricing, why not start your own company !!

Thank you very, very, much ! Go Canvas !

Jozsef

Very helpful

Reviewed on 2021/02/10

Love it

Love it

Pros

Easy and very fast way to create an inspection report

Cons

The PDF designer section give me a little headache but overall this is a great software

Nathan
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Great product for fillable forms

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

A very easy to use mobile form generator to allow me to go paperless.

A very easy to use mobile form generator to allow me to go paperless.

Pros

The ease of creation of the forms and the ability to easily edit the forms as many times as needed and then the preview ability to really let you see how it works before trying to implement it. Great for capturing signatures as well.

Cons

A little bit of a learning curve on how different fields work and how best to set up the PDF so that the form is legible after filled out.

Gary
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

So far it's been a great app. It pretty much does everything our company needs it to do.

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

The ability to write up a work order or fill out a purchase order and also fill out my timesheet right in the field or right at a wholesale house right on my phone

Pros

I like how I'm able to write up a work order or a purchase order and my timesheet right on my phone. And that I can also go back through them later and edit them and add things or delete things.

Cons

I do wish that when you fill out a purchase order that there would be a feature that would Incorporated onto the accompanying work order.