1 051 reviews

1 051 reviews
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Need to find a meeting time, just Doodle

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Pros

Doodle allows us to find the best meeting times (for informal events). Simply select times that are available to meet and set it out to others to fill out their availability. Scheduling has never been easier.

Cons

A tad bit dumbed down and the UI is not the most attractive. Not a huge con but it could use some work.

Raquel Z.

Excellent tool for scheduling

Reviewed on 2021/04/02

Excellent tool for professional scheduling; ads slightly detract from use experience, but overall worth it.

Pros

It is easy to set up, satisfactorily customizable, and importantly, easy and intuitive for invitees to use. This is one of my favorite tools for scheduling meetings or events with more than 3 or 4 people.

Cons

Lots of ads recently detracting from my user experience, but it is still a great value and tool.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Makes scheduling easy!

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

I've had a wonderful experience with Doodle so far, and hopefully this will continue! Doodle has made scheduling so much easier for me and my organization, I also use it outside of my work and in my personal life. It has also saved me so much time in having to talk to people and organize stuff which takes forever!

Pros

I looveee using Doodle when I'm organizing an event (be it a meeting, a work event, or even an after work hangout!). It is just so convenient to send the link to everybody with some suggested times and they fill it out, then we find the one where all or most people can attend, rather than going around and asking for people's availability which takes so much time and effort and is so inefficient. It also helps convert the times if the link is sent to someone in a different timezone which is amazing. Doodle is just so simple to use and efficient that gives me an incentive to take the lead in scheduling events!

Cons

I think the user page is quite basic, and could look a little better in terms of design, artwork and colors. Sometimes, I also find it quite difficult to look for an event after I've put in my availability, imagine how messy it will be with many Doodles going on at the same time. I just wish there was an easier way to store all the events in a more organized way that is easy for me to find them.

Darien C.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Doodle offers a simple, quality solution to finding the best time to hold a meeting

Reviewed on 2021/03/02

Overall, Doodle has helped me numerous times to figure out when to hold a team meeting. I work with a lot of volunteer teams - so all too often you can't simply say "This day at this time" and expect everyone to show up. Doodle helps alleviate that, find the date(s) that work best for your team, and make the correct choice - which really saves a ton of time in the long run

Pros

If I'm being honest, I've only used Doodle for one thing - that is to send out surveys to different teams to figure out the best time to host a meeting. I'm sure Doodle offers other things past that, but I haven't ever used anything else.

That being said, Doodle is incredibly good at sending out surveys to figure out meeting times. They offer a simple interface that allows for quick & easy setup; they offer the ability to list out as many options as you want, and they offer the ability for people to select "Yes", "No" or "I can make it work if needed" for each of the date options you list. This all creates a very simple & easy to use platform that allows you to quickly build a survey, email out links, and then get the responses emailed directly to you before picking the best date option for your team.

Cons

Honestly, I have not encountered anything specific about Doodle that I do not love. Their UI is simple & clean, their survey application works great and is easy to use - I have no complaints

Anvita S.

Doodle is Convenient

Reviewed on 2019/09/15

Overall my experience with Doodle has been positive, fast, and convenient. I was a part of many organizations that used Doodle in the past and we were able to quickly find dates that worked best for big groups of people in order to meet. I really liked that once more people started answering, others were more inclined to find their best fit within the dates people were already choosing. As an organizer of events and meetings as well, this is a big plus that made me like Doodle a lot because it helps steer people to consolidate their answers with others rather than pick one that no one else has picked and already makes people "work together" in a way.

Pros

What I like most about Doodle is that it is a quick and convenient way to take polls for a group of people, for example to pick a date that works best for everyone or to figure out when or what works for the most people. I like that I am emailed the link directly to the poll from the creator, and I can simply click on it, see the question, and submit my answer. I also like that I can see the answers everyone else has submitted, so that way, if for example it is in regards to the best time for a meeting, I can try to pick what is best between what others have already chosen so that way the options don't spread out too much. This keeps keeping dates or taking polls in order to figure out what is best for everyone simple because seeing what others have already chosen makes me more inclined to pick something they already in order to make a decision faster. Other polling services often times do not show what others have chosen until after I submit my answer, so all of our choices can be spread out and that makes narrowing down options harder. That is why I like Doodle.

Cons

Honestly what I like least about Doodle is the name of the software... I don't feel professional using a software called "Doodle" and I can't imagine telling my employees or anyone in a workplace that I am sending out a "Doodle" for them to please respond to. I would rather just say I am sending out a poll than use the actual name. It might be a silly thing to like least about it, but it does not feel professional and a word people may not take seriously. I also do not like the layout of the Doodle once I open the page, but again that is a personal preference, because it was plain white and the entire format of the poll was spread out across the entire page and looked messy. I suppose users on not answering the question(s) for that long most of the time so it's not really a huge issue.

• Industry: Medical Practice

Essential for choosing the best dates & times to meet as a group

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

I love Doodle. Choosing the best dates and times to meet has never been easier. Next time you need to schedule a meeting or a group dinner, Doodle it.

Pros

We've all been in a group text or email chain trying to figure out what date and times work best for everyone. It's impossible to keep track of who can meet when! That's where doodle comes in as your group's best option. Doodle allows you to create a poll with dates and/or times of your choosing. You then send that Doodle link via email or text message to your group of friends. They simply click the link, type in their name, and click on all the dates/times they can meet. Once everyone has voted, it is easy to see what dates/times work for the most amount of people.
The best thing about Doodle is that it is free for everyone. There's nothing to download. You simply click a link. After doing so, the instructions are crystal clear. There is basically no learning curve. And no one has to keep track of who said what date and what time because Doodle will present that information for you in a very simple way.
Also, you can choose whether everyone can see what dates others chose or not. You can even choose to limit the # of votes each person has if you wish to.

Cons

One of the cons is that if you want to put a deadline on your poll, you're going to have to pay for it by being a premium doodle user. This is not such a big deal because you can just tell your friends to vote by a certain date... but we all have those slackers in our groups who decide not to vote until it is already too late.
Another con is that Doodle's homepage has become increasingly cluttered as it attempts to add features to its premium users (for organizers and for businesses over 1,000 people). It's simple enough to filter through to create your poll though.

Shana T.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Why?

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

It was fine - easy to use and also easily integrated with 365 and Slack. That said, it wasn't the most useful software in the world - nothing a simple survey or sign up sheet in the break room can't handle.

Pros

Doodle is easy to use, intuitive and has some fun features (paid). It's a freemium app, so you can go ahead and schedule your meetings (or softball games) without paying, but if you fork out a few bucks each month you can access logos and branding, integration with Slack and a few other features.
Overall, it's a nice app to have if you need to create a poll to ask employees when they want to meet. It's user-friendly, actually has a pretty attractive interface and you can't beat free.

Cons

While Doodle is easy to use and a good way to get everyone's opinion on when a meeting should be held, my question is, "why?" Maybe I'm old school, but one of the perks of being "the boss" is that you set a meeting time and your employees show up. Simple as that. If you absolutely must ask for your employees' feedback, there are quite a few options out there - SurveyMonkey comes to mind first - that will allow you to just shoot over an email, collect your poll data and that's that. None of this hand-holding stuff.
That said, I can see how this application would be useful for more recreational purposes. For instance, "What day works best for you for the holiday party?" or "Which day and time works best for you for team softball practice?" Other than that, I didn't really find too much useful about this software.

Doodle Review

Reviewed on 2020/09/28

As a medical student, Doodle is a great way to schedule meetings with colleagues and fellow students. Once I set up the survey, I can easily disseminate it to everyone via email or group text. Overall, I'm highly satisified with this tool!

Pros

Doodle is an online meeting scheduling tool that is fairly easy to use. The free version has all the necessary functionalities, including setting up polls, scheduling meetings, sharing with colleagues with a simple link, and getting email alerts about responses. Overall, the interface is simple to use and highly accessible. This is a great tool for academic institutions and small businesses.

Cons

I would love if the free option had more options to customize the background, fonts, etc. The mobile version is also a bit clunky to use as compared to the desktop version. Finally, it would be great if Doodle added first and second choice options for participants; this would make it easier to schedule meeting times in case of a lack of overlap.

Aquline S.

Best software out there for group projects

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Great experience.

Pros

Easy to use, best software for group work, polls, projects etc. I used it most days when I was at university and I still use it for tutoring. It helps my students to choose the time they want, add anything or edit while I am having a look at it too.
Easier to edit in real time when you are working with a large group that isn't in the same place.

Cons

Nothing. The software is amazing and doesnt have a limit of documents you can share or people who can access it. Makes projects very easy to do

Deborah L.

Useful for scheduling meetings

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

Overall, I use doodle a lot when I am trying to schedule lab meetings or meetings with other. It is easy and seamless to use. I would recommend it.

Pros

What I like about doodle is that it allows me to schedule online meetings from all over the country and in different time zones. Not all of the scheduling programs reflect the time zone that you are in, so there is no confusion when trying to do a poll to find a time that works for everyone. I also appreciate the ease of use for the program. It is quick and painless to set up a poll for a meeting.

Cons

The one that I don't like about doodle is that it doesn't really allow you to ask for which times are generally good on different days of the week. Thus, you have to put in specific days of the week, even if you are trying to schedule a weekly meeting for your group and want to know which times work on just Monday, let's say.

Wojciech S.

Great tool for meeting scheduling

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

Pros

We have all been there, right? Group of 4, or maybe 14 people, and you are trying to find the one perfect unicorn-time for all of them to be able to meet at once. It can be really hard! But doodle is just AWESOME at solving this issue. Insert dates, insert times, send invites over. Simple as that! I am using is just as often for professional purposes, scheduling meetings and calls between various people (sometimes cross-organisational), as for private meetings with friends and colleagues.

Cons

Integrated groups feature would be nice - I'd like to create several groups of emails to easily share them among those groups. It's not really a big issue anyway - I can do that by sharing link to groups via gmail, but nonetheless, it would be nice to have it built in.

• Used Other for 1+ year

Works well

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Doodle works very well, and I will continue to use it.

Pros

Doodle polls are easy to create and share with participants. I like that the design is simpler than other polling platforms and can be formatted as a calendar instead of a list of dates and times.

Cons

I wish they had a feature to automatically gauge everyone's availability hour by hour for a week. If you're looking to measure when people are generally free every evening, you have to create a "potential meeting" for every hour of every evening.

Keri M.

Doodle: Scheduling a Meeting with Ease

Reviewed on 2020/07/29

While other software can show calendar availability, it often can not provide that information for those outside of ones network. Since Doodle is web based it is easily accessible to everyone which makes scheduling a meeting fast and easy. I highly recommend this software as it has proven most reliable in determining meeting times and dates.

Pros

Doodle has been my go to for scheduling meetings for years. One can quickly suggest meeting days and times without the hassle of emailing a group back and forth only to still struggle to find a time to meet.

Cons

Doodle has improved the software making it easier to determine meeting times and adding the 'maybe' feature which I like so the group can see more options to choose from. Having to scroll across to see all available times and dates would be my one suggestion for improvement.

Michelle C.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

I can't do my job without Doodle

Reviewed on 2018/08/06

We have a very large campus with a so many different admins that handle calendars for their executives. Not everyone is on our campusAD yet and even with those that are, some choose not to share their calendars so people can see Free/Busy. This makes it easy for me to pull together dates/time and have one location where I can track responses for what works and what doesn't.

Pros

This software enables me to make it easy for admins and meeting attendees to mark out their availability for meetings or events without having to play that horrible email game. I use the free version so there is some functionality I can't speak to, but the free version is great.

Cons

Nothing - it's great. The new interface is a little wonky at times - you tab to get to a time, but then have to space again to enter the time if you're using just your keyboard.

Bianca B.

Meetings made easy

Reviewed on 2020/02/27

We often need to arrange meetings with a wide variety of roleplayers and people and scheduling used to be such a hassle until we started using Doodle. In the Church context we do not only use Doodle to arrange meetings, but to find the best time for Youth Groups, Bible study's, Community projects etc. It's such a simple product, but does exactly what you need it to and saves a lot of time.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and straight forward. It makes arranging meetings and events easy, without any of the usual back and forth struggling to co-ordinate schedules. The fact that no sign in is necassary for those invited to meetings is a big plus. Those you send invites to, needs no knowlegde of the product to be able to use it. It also syncs with your calendar and with slack, which is great.

Cons

I would definitely recommend subscribing rather than using the free version to get away from the ads. Otherwise, we honestly haven't had issues.

Gaelle D.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Love Love love this product

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

A solution for trying to find meeting dates for really busy people, this software has been a real time saver. It has removed the constant stream of emails and suggestions/refusals from the team and enables all the information to arrive in the one place and usually with a solution. If a solution is not evident from the first Doodle Poll then just start another Doodle Poll with new dates.

Pros

Doddle makes it so easy to herd all the cats!
Life can be a total nightmare when trying to organise meetings for really busy people, but send them a Doodle Poll and everything becomes much more simple, time is saved and an answer usually appears that solves the the dilemma of agreed meeting dates.

Cons

Have not encountered any problems that have caused me to get frustrated or stop using, it has been relatively easy to use.

Moe R.

Does one thing soooooo well

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

I have used Doodle for years and to their credit, they have kept to their mission, which is to do one thing, and keep it simple. They add features, make it prettier, enhance the user interface but with great care and attention to the core value of simplicity. I never worry that some impatient manager or tech-averse person will balk.

If you need schedule a meeting, this is THE way to do it, period. Also good if you need to quickly poll the team about a simple issue.

Cons

I suppose that for enterprise, might be a security worry, since people are reaching outside the firewall but even for that, you don't have to log in to use it. So, nope, cannot think of any reason to think about any other tool.

Livia L.

Doodle

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Overall Doodle is an easy way to set up dates with a small or large group.

Pros

It is easy to set up and you can send the email straight from the website or copy and paste the link in an email.

Cons

I have a super hard time with the time zone setting. It never matches what I want it to be and everyone else sees different time zone than me.

I'm obsessed!

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

I love the free version and can see where is would be worth upgrading to the more advanced options depending on your business, needs and the number of groups and individuals your were working with.

Pros

There is a free basic version that has always covered my needs. It's so easy to use and distribute to others. This tool makes planning on event SOOO much easier. I have used this tool on more occasions than I came name - both personally and professionally. Whether it is trying to schedule a meeting or gathering with a group of people, it's incredibly helpful to see who and when folks are available to choose the best day possible.

Cons

I don't think I can think of one possible drawback to this tool!

Heather T.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Fairly Basic But Easy to Navigate

Reviewed on 2020/09/28

We needed an easier way to have groups of people select a date and time for a meeting. Doodle enables us to create one invite and send it to multiple people. They can then all select the options that work best for them. We can then easily send an invite to everyone and even include a Zoom link. It saves us from having many back and forth emails about what day and time works best for so and so versus the other so and so. It has streamlined the appointment setting process.

Pros

The system allows you to set up the meeting, add notes, and even tell the person how the meeting will take plan (i.e. in-person, zoom, phone, etc). Those we wish to invite can be sent either an email from Doodle (and the system will remind them to participate!) or we can email them a link directly. Once scheduled we pick what day works for us and the system will email the invite to everyone and it even includes the Zoom info! This is especially handy when having someone else run your calendar.

Cons

Many time we are looking to book multiple meetings with multiple groups. We have to go and create each Doodle meeting, select the dates and times, and send. When we go to set up the next meeting the system doesn't know what dates and times are already blocked for the other meeting so you have to do it manually. it would be really great if it integrated both ways.

Eva K.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Doodle Helps Us Find Time!

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Everyone schedule packed and time is precious. It is hard for one person to schedule a meeting, not knowing the availability of the rest of the participants. But Doodle helps us determine when the best time is to schedule a meeting or gathering, without sending hundreds of email back and forth.

Pros

Easy to use and integrate.
Helps us schedule time for meetings or events among many people.
Helps our audience feel like they have an active choice in decision making.

Cons

If I had to pick a Con, I feel like there could be more offered for the free account. I think there could be more significant upgrades offered for a paid account.

Shashank P.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Ease of Managing or Schedule Your Client Meetings

Reviewed on 2020/09/12

Overall it is very convenient and easily scheduled the meetings, new connections also introduced with the emails and get best impressions for your meetings.

Pros

Scheduling meeting and get reminder on time when you forgot about your fixed scheduled meeting with you client is the best part of this platform. Notify through emails and get managed your all the scheduled task on time.

Cons

Some time I feel that editing in scheduled task is not takes place correctly and not get notified about the changes. And one more feature is missing which is "may be" for decision that may you can attend the meeting.

Kenneth P.

Takes the Pain Out of Scheduling Group Activities

Reviewed on 2020/04/24

Excellent. I can quickly create a Doodle and invite all the relevant parties in less than 3 minutes. Huge time saver and solves an age old problem.

Pros

Simplicity–quickly and easily send a link to a group of people and get on the same page about availability or preferences for group meetings, activities, vacations, bachelor parties, etc. Saves tons of time and gives everyone clarity.

Cons

A bit too simple. Would like to customize the forms and gather more types of data at the point of entry. The simplicity cuts both ways.

Sasha H.

Simplified scheduling for free!

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Pros

Doodle enables meeting organizers to create a customized poll within minutes and also makes is easy for the meeting attendees to share their availability, at no cost! It really takes the burden of scheduling meetings off the employees and allows them to focus on getting actual work done!

Cons

One feature I am not so fond of is the disabling of participants' original responses when needing to edit the date/time options in the poll. It would be great if Doodle could integrate with Microsoft Outlook calendars.

Danielle S.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Review of Doodle

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

It's a great tool to help us schedule certain meetings. We don't use it constantly but it's helpful when we need it.

Pros

We use this software to schedule conferences with our parents and also to come up with a time to schedule some meetings with larger groups of people who may not all be at our school on a given day. It's easy to use and everyone has access to it.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to customize it if you are only using the free software. Also, some items can only be seen by the user who created the poll.