4,8
Olaf D.
Industry: Education Management

Cheap & Stable

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

Reporting the above case (user revokable unattended access) would be taken in consideration by FixMe and that’s the last we heard about it. (almost a year now)

Pros

Cheap and stable is the opposite of my ex so that’s a plus.
Price -> Affordable per admin (unless you have 150+ unattended clients)
Stability -> No downtime experienced
Self updating client

Cons

- No OSX expert app
- No Android expert app
- No IOS expert app
- No client app for the above either, but that’s clear when you buy.
- Unattended client access can be revoked by the user without any hassle. (which isn’t helping if your client computers are used by schoolchildren)
- For every 150 unattended seats you need to buy an extra admin license, whether you have more than 1 admin or not

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Rex S.
Industry: Computer Hardware

Simple and Fast Connection

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

It has been good, its a good product. The only draw back is the pricing structure, as others offer a scaled back speed at a free price. For some of the features its a great product to consider. Love the ability to create a custom installer, which makes the image of our company better.

Pros

Having used and still using many remote connection and management software providers, FixMe has been one that seems to work when others won't. Its fast, and simple. The remote reconnect after startup is great. Some others will not do this and requires someone at the other end to restart the software. The price and the speed of connection is worth it. The custom logo you can add to the install page is a nice feature.

Cons

If you are not using it often, and can seem expensive. Its billed monthly regardless if you are using it. Its based on technician, so if you have 3 people, you will need to have 3 licenses to all be working at the same time.

Response from Techinline

Hi Rex,

Thank you for sharing your experience and for being our valued customer! Subscription-based pricing is the software industry standard. Some vendors do offer so-called "lifetime" licenses, but that often means paying for upgrades on a yearly basis (which in the end is a more expensive and a less flexible option). FixMe.IT delivers unlimited on-demand connections, unattended remote access, multi-window remote control, and a lot more for only $30 per month or $300 per year, and I can say with full confidence that no other vendor offers a package like that at a lower price. Sure, there are some remote support apps that offer personal licenses for under $10 or even $5 per month which allows you to access one or two remote computers, but no more than that. While we understand that FixMe.IT's pricing model might not be ideal in some cases, it is still one of the most cost-effective remote support solutions on the market.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Alex R.
Industry: Government Relations

Great bang for the buck!

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

I like the simple connecttion to it and the unattended access feature the most. It allows me to connect to my end users easily and quickly.

Pros

Fixme offers remote admin access to end points that are in the field and not connected to the local domain via VPN or other connection options. This is helpful for setting up and troubleshooting issues on end points. And it is much cheaper price than competitors

Cons

Sometime the local admin access for restarting as a system service is a bit wonky, its best to setup the PC and unattended access while on the local network to the domain and then kick the device out the door than trying to gain unattended access after the fact. Alsomany competitors have additional functionality to run scripts or gather data about a device in the background without the end user seeing, and Fixme does not offer that from the best I can tell.

Randy R.

FixMe.IT is great!

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Overall this software is the best available option for Windows machines.

Pros

very easy for end user to get logged in.

very easy for IT representative to download and open.

Cons

No Mac access
No file transfer capabilities.

Response from Techinline

Hi Randy,

Thank you for taking the time to review FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! Our application offers three file transfer options including drag-and-drop, copy-paste, and transferring files via the Send File button. Please visit our support center to learn more about the file transfer capabilities https://docs.fixme.it/features/transferring-files-folders-and-text or contact our support team directly if you have any questions.

Industry: Hospital & Health Care

FixMe.IT is very easy to use and is extremely reliable.

Reviewed on 2018/01/24

Pros

I find that end users have a very easy time navigating the interface when walking them through connecting to their workstation using the FixMe.IT website. Setting up unattended access is a breeze. The layout of the drop down menu when connected to workstations is very simple and intuitive. It has many useful features including Scaling, which is definitely needed when working off high resolution screens like my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. Being able to pan across multiple screens on a workstation or just locking into one specific screen is a very nice feature as well. I definitely use the screen recording function when doing demos along with the laser pointer and marking pen. Saving the recording and sending it to users is always appreciated. Being able to transfer files between my workstation and end users workstation is a must and works great. My favorite feature that was recently added to FixMe.IT is being able to work on multiple computers at once. I have a 3 monitor setup in my office and I can be doing multiple tasks remotely for one or many clients at once. The fee for this service is very reasonable.

Cons

I wish FixMe.IT supported MACs. Since I do not support many MACs it is not a huge problem, but would love to see this feature added.

Rob E.

Simple and easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

This service is just plain easy to use and works everytime...

Pros

I currently use Logmein and FixMe.IT and for the price FixMe.IT is easy to use and works as it should.
you can set up unattended access.
we have a link on our website to direct our clients to use when we need access that is not setup as unattended.

Cons

Only Windows based computers
we can not access Apple computers

Clay I.

Excellent Remote Software!!

Reviewed on 2020/05/11

I use FixMe.IT on a daily basis. Starting using in August 2018. I am a one man shop. Been in business for over 23 years. This software has made me very proactive and my customers love my response times. They do not have to wait for me to come onsite. One of the best purchases I have made for my customers and myself.

Pros

Ease of use getting my customers connected with a client ID and the unattended access feature.

Cons

I cannot name one negative thing. It is a perfect fit for my business.

Paul A.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

We just use it. It just works very well.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Quick and easy support for all our Windows clients.

Pros

The recent multiple connections feature is fantastic. We like the way it is continually progressing.

Cons

Hardly any cons at all, no real complaints. That said, the interface could be inproved a bit. We would really like to have a "last seen" column.

Response from Techinline

Hi Paul,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for being our valued customer! Regarding the "last seen" column - if you're referring to the current status of an unattended computer, you can check when the computer was last used by going to the Unattended Clients list and hovering over the Not In Use status in the Activity column. Please visit our support center for more details: https://docs.fixme.it/unattended-access/managing-unattended-client-list If you have something else in mind, please don't hesitate to share your suggestions with our support team at [email protected]

Ryan L.

Fast and Reliable

Reviewed on 2018/05/19

Pros

I'm a small business offering managed services (MSP) to my clients. Remote Monitoring solutions usually include some form of remote access but it's no comparison to FixMe. By keeping them separate I don't have to be concerned about setting up access all over again if I switch RMM solutions in the future. For my residential clients I can use FixMe in conjunction with apps such as CCleaner Cloud to connect and then patch applications. FixMe is the framework in which I build my business.

Cons

I would like to see electronic auditing as a future feature. I want to be able to see the system specs on a unattended system without having to connect and view it manually. A Mac client would also be nice.

Tony P.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Single license user

Reviewed on 2020/07/02

Overall, I have had a very good experience with Fixme.it, it works great and does everything I need it to do on PC's.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and that I can set it up so I can log in when they are not around.

Cons

It has become an issue more and more that the software is not Mac compatible. This is becoming a bigger and bigger requirement and needs to be addressed soon.

Rich H.

Great value for the money but lacks a very helpful feature

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

For the most part, the software works very well. I have been able to connect to nearly all of my client computers. I do like the ability to have a person for to fixme.it and start a support session for a "one off" support call.

Cons

I'm still waiting for the ability to have multiple logins (not simultaneous) for a single account. I need to be able to give a specific person access to a group of client computers for remote support. I.e. If I have groups named Client A, Client B, and Client C, I want to another person be able to log in with their email and password and have access to Client C computers. There is also a minor issue of some sort with Server 2008. On a regular basis I am not able to connect to that computer. It appears the connection works but I never get the screen for remote access. When that server is rebooted I have access for a few days but then something happens and I can only RDP to that server.

Response from Techinline

Hi Rich, Thank you for sharing your feedback and for being our valued customer! Regarding the issue with Server 2008, please submit a ticket to [email protected] so that our support team could investigate the issue and provide any necessary assistance. Best, Dan | Techinline

Fraser S.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

This is a great alternative to LogMeIn, Teamviewer and other such tools.

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Cost effective and fast remote control for unattended and one off connections........exactly what you need.

Pros

Simple and reliable as well as being great value for money. Slowly but surely features are being added such as the recent update to allow multiple remote control screens at once (previously you could have multiple connections, but only remote control one at a time)

Cons

Software doesn't support OSX so I'm forced to use Teamviewer for my OSX customers. Also it would be nicer if the app was also web based so we could use any computer to remote control etc without installing software, even if it was more limited.

FixMe.IT

Reviewed on 2019/04/26

So far it has been a very positive experience. New features are always getting added and it's a tool that I used every day all day for providing IT services.

Pros

Having a centralized database of all of our customers. The ability to install unattended access when needed and the ease of putting a desktop shortcut on the users account to easily allow them to double click it and then give us the ID number.

Cons

Not having the ability to lock the keyboard and mouse from the end user when working on their PC and they think they can keep working while you fix the issues they contacted you for.

Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great Remote Support Client for the Price!

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Pros

The software is straight forward and super easy for the clients to get connected, definitely recommend it for any small to medium business that needs remote support.

Cons

Doesn't always support full screen, sometimes it doesn't optimize well with older versions of windows.

Response from Techinline

Thank you for sharing your experience and for being our valued customer! FixMe.IT is one of the few remote desktop solutions that still support older versions of Windows starting from XP. For instance, LogMeIn discontinued their support for Windows XP in 2016. Please also note that FixMe.IT supports all screen resolutions including 4K. In case you're experiencing any issues when working on a remote desktop with high screen resolution, please contact our support team at [email protected] for assistance. Best, Dan | Techinline

Martin H.

Simple product to use, easy to get customers connected or to get on with unattended clients.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

FixMe.IT is really simple to use and has some useful tools: file transfer is simple, as is screen sharing, plus you can use a pen to highlight things on the screen or change the mouse to a red dot to guide people around the screen. And the software is inexpensive when you consider you can run both new remote support sessions and unattended clients from the same console.

Cons

The ONLY issue I have with the software is that it is not the quickest to connect and sometimes you are left wondering what is going on.

Ryan M.

Overall, pleased with the performance / cost of FixMe.IT

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Overall, we are very pleased with FixMe.IT. The few cons I mentioned are not big enough issues for us to have a problem with the software, just minor cosmetic issues.

Pros

Software is priced accordingly, easy to use and install, easy to setup unattended support and/or start new sessions, and easy for end user to communicate through chat window during remote session.

Cons

The ability to navigate between multiple monitors on a remote computer could be setup in a more user friendly manner with possible left/right arrows on the screen vs having to select each display from the top menu. Also, we run into issues with copy/paste of URL links from our computer to remote machine at times.

David S.

Cheaper than many alternatives

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/02/09

We need a quick and inexpensive way to get connected to assist our customers and this gets the job done.

Pros

The price was right. We needed something to quickly connect to a client's computer that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Cons

It's not as bandwidth efficient as some other products. Some clients have slow internet and FixMe can be a bit laggy with them.

Jonathan S.
Company size: Self Employed

Very happy with FixMe.IT is has been a important part of our software suite for support with clients

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Reliable product that does what I need at a price I find reasonable.

Pros

Very easy lightweight software that does what it needs to do. It is easy to get clients to connect and reliably works. Priced well and is part of the reason I use it.

Cons

No Max OSX support and does not support mobile to my knowledge. I hope that they soon offer these as the lack of this does make we look at other products that could be better suited.

Martin L.

Very efficient way to help employees or work from remote locations

Reviewed on 2018/04/06

Pros

Ability to create a dashboard with Unattended clients
I Know when a computer is online / offline
I Know who is logged in
Easy to install / setup
Very fast, almost no lag

Cons

No way to prevent a user from removing unattended access and support team can't tell when or if this feature will ever be available.
Would like to be able to log when client is online/offline.

David F.
Industry: Biotechnology
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Review Fixme IT

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

We like the tool. It makes our job so much easier to be able to support our end users. We just wish there was an option to support smartphones/tablets.

Pros

It is very easy to use and was easy to deploy to company

Cons

Lacks support for smartphones/tablets. Would be a great tool to support iPhones/iPads

Kent W.
Industry: Computer Hardware

I have been using Fixme for several years. It has always worked.

Reviewed on 2017/08/29

Remote access to computers at a reasonable cost. Saves me a lot of time driving to customer sites. Because it saves me time it allows me to do things I wouldn't do if I had to visit a site.

Pros

It's easy to use. I don't think there is a limit on the unattended clients so it's simple to drop on customers machines and or servers so that I can check up on them whenever I need to. I don't remember ever not being able to connect to a machine.

Cons

I have had trouble getting some people to go to the site correctly and not type fixme.it.com. Not fixme's problem but the .it extension is confusing for some people. Dropping files to a desktop is very slow. I will usually use a cloud file transfer if I have to move anything large.

William F.

A True LogMeIn Killer - a valuable and necessary service for any IT Support professional

Reviewed on 2018/01/04

Remote Support, Remote Maintenance, Unattended Access, Instant File Transfer, Shared Clipboard, Chat Window for client interactions.

Pros

The service provides instant protected access to client computers as a one-off support session, but also provides unattended access for ongoing maintenance and remote management. The clipboard functionality as well as the file transfer work much better than the default LogMeIn experience. This is head and shoulders above other services at a price point that demands a subscription.

Cons

The only issue we occasionally have is some latency from some of the computers we support, but I suspect this is due to slow internet on their end.

Robert B.
Company size: Self Employed

I've been using for over 3 years after switching from a software vendor product. Meets my SMB needs

Reviewed on 2017/09/06

Added support benefit and feature for my clients. Allows me to differentiate myself from competition

Pros

Easy to use and manage. Pricing model fits my business size. The feature set is a great value compared to competition.

Cons

Nothing. Would like heart beat monitoring added in future to ensure network uptime and unattended pc

Ken L.

Great product!!

Reviewed on 2018/10/27

I support many servers and PC's for my customers and I use this product every single day. Great so far and I have been using for over 3 years.

Pros

You can open several support windows at the same time to be able to fix multiple servers or PC's at the same time.

Cons

I haven't experienced any problems with FixMe.

Jim H.
Industry: Telecommunications

Best remote software I have ever used

Reviewed on 2018/09/21

We remote into p.c’s for access to there phone systems and fix remotely and customers love that we can address there issues and resolve there issues instantly

Pros

Ease of use and reliability , it connects quick and never times out and it has never failed us yet

Cons

Very sorry but I don’t have any cons on this software