FixMe.IT Reviews

FixMe.IT

Remote Support Software That Always Works

4.8/5 (299 reviews)
Jeff E.

Our money-maker for tech support

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Overall, we've been VERY happy with FixMe. It's out top tool in solving our clients' tech problems.

Pros

For my tech support business serving clients in eight states and Mexico, we've been using FixMe for about four years. It has proven to be reliable and more than adequate for our needs. Over those four years, I can recall only twice that the service was unavailable, but in both instances, the service resumed within seconds. I especially like how quickly it opens and connects us to our clients' workstations and servers. Our customers are able to easily get us connected. Even our senior citizen clients have found it easy to get us connected using FixMe.

Cons

FixMe used to require the remote client to click an 'I accept' button to complete the remote connection. But about a year ago the program changed to omit that security checkpoint. Now, once the remote user communicates the client ID and we punch in their ID in our FixMe program, we get connected. My concern is that if blackhats (such as those who exploited similar connection methods of AMMYY) are using FixMe for nefarious purposes, they could randomly enter client ID's hoping to connect to a remote computer. This concern may be unwarranted, though, as the odds of randomly entering a client ID shortly after someone uses the fixme.it website, have got to be extremely low, and I imagine FixMe's servers would log such activity, flag it, and identify the abuser.

Response from Techinline

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time to review FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! Regarding the removal of the 'Accept' prompt - there's a security mechanism in place against those who might randomly enter client IDs in order to connect to a remote machine for fraudulent purposes. Such connections are flagged after a number of failed attempts, and the user's account gets blocked due to potential misuse of our service.

Keith F.

Software works great and it is easy to use.

Reviewed on 2017/09/20

Remote login from my home or anywhere I bring my laptop. It is a fantastic value for the money.

Pros

I like the ease of the client being able to go to fixme.it and initiating the remote session. The value for the features is incredible compared to other remote clients. Over the years it has really exceeded my expectations in terms of features and how it works. The latest updates in the last few years supporting multiple monitors has been nice as well as cropping the video to fit the guest screen. I do wish it was a bit easier to make customer notes on a client without having to be connected to them. I really think this program is very powerful for my business and I have over 50 unattended clients. I love the fact that I can troubleshoot system in the comfort of my office. Heck I can even wear my pajamas during the process!! haha

Cons

I think it needs more features, like being able to lock the remote keyboard and mouse. I would also like to see making the remote system screen go black option so while I am completing tasks the client does not see the tools I am using to do so. I would also love to see remote file transfer option to and from the remote system. The most important is being able to install the unattended client without the remote user's intervention.

Response from Techinline

Hi Keith,

Thank you for reviewing FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! Actually, we have three file transfer options, including drag-n-drop, copy-paste and clipboard transfer. Here's a short YouTube video we've made to showcase these features: https://youtu.be/1qLCOUBsf5c

Best regards,
Dan | Techinline

FixMe.IT is very easy to use and is extremely reliable.

Reviewed on 2018/01/24

Pros

I find that end users have a very easy time navigating the interface when walking them through connecting to their workstation using the FixMe.IT website. Setting up unattended access is a breeze. The layout of the drop down menu when connected to workstations is very simple and intuitive. It has many useful features including Scaling, which is definitely needed when working off high resolution screens like my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. Being able to pan across multiple screens on a workstation or just locking into one specific screen is a very nice feature as well. I definitely use the screen recording function when doing demos along with the laser pointer and marking pen. Saving the recording and sending it to users is always appreciated. Being able to transfer files between my workstation and end users workstation is a must and works great. My favorite feature that was recently added to FixMe.IT is being able to work on multiple computers at once. I have a 3 monitor setup in my office and I can be doing multiple tasks remotely for one or many clients at once. The fee for this service is very reasonable.

Cons

I wish FixMe.IT supported MACs. Since I do not support many MACs it is not a huge problem, but would love to see this feature added.

Strong Remote Management App - good balance of features for price

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

Overall, it's fast, simple, lightweight and good for get at this cost point.

Pros

Fixme is a simple and basic remote access tool that we use daily for unattended support to our end users. I like that you can have separate accounts should you want to have personal devices not available to the rest of my staff. It's easy and fast for one-off remote sessions and you can white-label a custom page for your end-users to keep your brand flowing through the remote experience. Deployment is simple and effective. The chat feature is also nice. With this basic feature set, it would easily be replaced by most bulit-in RMM tools.

Cons

Although it has multi-monitor support, it's frustrating to always guess which monitor and sometimes does not reset correctly.
I do like the chat feature, but it only stays on the end-user screen while you are connected with fixme. Which means you lose the dialog if you have to close out but your end-user has stepped away.
It has a file transfer feature so you can send a file to the remote computer, but it would be very helpful to reverse the process and be able to send a file from the session back to the tech.

Sheldon K.

This is an invaluable tool for us, many times eliminating the need for an on site visit!

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Saves time, trips and the number of employees we need to support our clients quickly.

Pros

We have used this product for years and we couldn't give the level of support we do without it. It allows us to take care of most of our clients issues without leaving our office and lets us work on a number of different clients at the same time. It actually does allow us to be multiple places at once. Without FixMeIt we would need to hire more people to provide the same level of service. A fantastic product, great support and they are always open to hearing ways to enhance or improve the product. Then throw in the great pricing and there is nothing like it!

Cons

None I can think of. We are always putting in suggestions to add features like notification when one of the clients goes of line, etc. Their support staff response quickly and gives the ideas consideration. This is really a pro, rather than a con but the form to complete this survey required me to put in at least a 100 characters in the Cons.

John M.

Our first choice in remote desktop applications

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

For us fast and accessible customer support is paramount - our clients love the ease at which they can show my team the issue they want fixed or have my staff take control of their screen and demo a new feature etc. We have excellent reviews for the support we offer and a part of that is due to the ease of sharing desktops using FixMe.IT

Pros

The image quality and response times are excellent even with a poor internet connection. In extreme situations we still have access to our client's screens long after the accompanying Skype call has lost its connection.

It very cost effective as we do not need a license for everyone in the team, we rarely need more connections at any one time than the 3 seats we have purchased.

Our clients find it very easy to connect and it is the desktop sharing app which is blocked least by our customers - all UK Higher Education Institutions with strict security policies.

Cons

We have used it for so long we no longer find anything that we would like changed.

James P.

I have been using FixMe.IT for years with very reliable success.

Reviewed on 2017/07/01

Already stated earlier in the review.

Pros

>It is very easy for the customer to get connected
>Managing multiple computers is a great feature
>Transferring files is a piece of cake
>Reboot and reconnect helps my support sessions go fast with less pain for the customer
>You can't beat the cost
>Unattended access is very easy to setup and initiate when appropriate

I have used this product for years with amazing reliability and very little need for technical support. The billing is very accurate and you just can't beat the price. I do a monthly subscription because that is what my company prefers. With a yearly I could save more.

I work with other companies when their support is required and use their remote access software. After seeing many that are on the market, FixMe.IT is by far the best one I've seen.

This product makes my job possible whether I'm working from my home office or I'm on the road. A cafe hot spot or hotel internet is all I need to take care of my customers.

Cons

The only current downside is when I remote in with my new laptop the window for viewing the customer's screen is very small. I contacted customer support and they responded very quick to let me know they are working on this one.

Mark F.

Easy to Connect with Customers

Reviewed on 2017/03/30

We have tried many products for demoing and supporting our accounting software but found Fixme.it the easiest in respect to the following. The system was improved where when a customer connects with different browsers, it's very easy for them to start the application. We use it for demo's and support. For support, we have a link to load it, for demo's they easily type fixme.it. So we usually connect with anyone in less than a minute. In addition, we do not seem to run into any security issues as we did with other programs. Copying files back and forth a breeze, and since we can connect with up to 10 computers at once, remote network installations are no problem. Only thing we needed was to be able to record voice and video for training purposes. But this would require connecting the call via the web and it defeats the purpose of speed and ease of connection. This was resolved by using a special wireless headset that connects to the phone and computer. Excellent product, good support, good price and would highly recommend it.

Pros

Please read comments. All positive.

Cons

None really.

I have been using FixMe.IT for several years and it works excellent for remote support scenarios

Reviewed on 2018/01/24

Makes my life easier to fix things for clients instead of trying to walk them through or have them describe error messages.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to setup unattended access clients. The ability for it to run as a service so that users do not need to be logged in for unattended access to work and you can easily switch between windows users on a machine without having to reconnect.

Cons

Current inability to rename groups of unattended access machines.
Inability to search on group names in filter list (filter only works on machine names).
Inability to have systems on low bandwidth connections reduce.
Would like confirmation option when clicking to share *MY* desktop with end user (blue button, because I have accidentally clicked that button when trying to click the yellow one and there is no way to back out before first sharing your desktop with the end user).
No OSX/MacOS support.

R. curtis M.

Best Remote Access Software Available

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

I use this application daily to provide help desk and server support to many customers. The price is great and the features are fantastic.

Pros

The is by far the easiest remote access software I have ever used. As an IT manager, this software has saves me $1000s every month. With just a few clicks I can access customer's computers and correct problems while never leaving my office. My customers love this process. I can store computers for anytime access so I can manage many servers and computers 24/7 without requiring brick and mortar access.

Cons

If I could fix a few things I would make this software available for MAC and get a different URL. I have to constantly spell the word "IT". It seems such a simple word but it does not correlate to web browsing to the common internet user. Few people have ever visited a .it domain.

Christopher D.

Great and easy to use Remote Software

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

Being able to remotely manage clients on a day to day basis.

Pros

- Easy to setup and use. Direct client to site and grab 6 digit code and go.
- Unattended client is great for remote access. Just install and system is auto-added to your list
- File transfers are as easy as drag and drop and then accept on client side. Can work in the background while files transfer.
- Management screen makes it easy to chat with clients and see groups of clients together and their current status
- Seeing whether the PC is in use makes interruption a lot less frequent.
- Recently fixed issue with controlling multiple clients. (before had to back out and then go back to your list to open a session (was limited to only 1 active session)
- Very cost effective versus other solutions.

Cons

Sadly does not support Macintosh PC's at this time.
Has no tablet/phone app like some other remote software (would be nice for remote support on things like Android and Apple tablets)

Larry K.

Works well at a price that fits my business.

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Pros

Fairly simple with most of the useful features anyone could want in a product like this. Lacks a couple of features the competition has, but those aren't critical.

Cons

Expert application only works on Windows, wish there were a version for iOS. (I can remote-control my PC from my iPhone with VNClite so it CAN be done.)

Also, its easy to transmit a file from the expert PC to the client PC; there is no feature to do the reverse. Why not?

Response from Techinline

Hi Larry,

Thank you for sharing your experience and for being our valued customer! There are several options to transfer a file from the client PC to the expert: 1) when running Remote Desktop Control, you can transfer files from the client PC to your own machine by using either drag-and-drop or copy/paste, or 2) the client can use the Send File button located in the top left corner of the Client Application.

Paul A.

We just use it. It just works very well.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Quick and easy support for all our Windows clients.

Pros

The recent multiple connections feature is fantastic. We like the way it is continually progressing.

Cons

Hardly any cons at all, no real complaints. That said, the interface could be inproved a bit. We would really like to have a "last seen" column.

Response from Techinline

Hi Paul,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for being our valued customer! Regarding the "last seen" column - if you're referring to the current status of an unattended computer, you can check when the computer was last used by going to the Unattended Clients list and hovering over the Not In Use status in the Activity column. Please visit our support center for more details: https://docs.fixme.it/unattended-access/managing-unattended-client-list If you have something else in mind, please don't hesitate to share your suggestions with our support team at [email protected]

Jon C.

My experience has been fantastic. I can put it on my home machine and work machine. I

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

I can control my customers much better when they need help.

Pros

I like that I can Sort the unattended Machine by Customer. I also like that it does not use a browser to connect to the customer

Cons

Not Much- I think that they can work on the multi screen function a bit
When there are multi screens the resolution is way too small.

Response from Techinline

Hi Jon,

Thank you for your feedback! Have you already tried our new scaling features? Here's a short video that shows how they can help you adjust the size of the remote screen: https://youtu.be/NoryfEpF-CE For instance, if you're working on a remote desktop that has a much smaller screen resolution than yours, you can either scale it to window and then resize it according to your preferences, or choose the Optimal View option (this one automatically calculates the optimal settings based on your and your client's current screen resolution).

Regards,

Ryan L.

Fast and Reliable

Reviewed on 2018/05/19

Pros

I'm a small business offering managed services (MSP) to my clients. Remote Monitoring solutions usually include some form of remote access but it's no comparison to FixMe. By keeping them separate I don't have to be concerned about setting up access all over again if I switch RMM solutions in the future. For my residential clients I can use FixMe in conjunction with apps such as CCleaner Cloud to connect and then patch applications. FixMe is the framework in which I build my business.

Cons

I would like to see electronic auditing as a future feature. I want to be able to see the system specs on a unattended system without having to connect and view it manually. A Mac client would also be nice.

Zachery B.

Quick and easy to use. Nice GUI for grouping and monitoring.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Pros

- I enjoy how easy it is to see my connected computers and their online status, being able to name them, group them or remove them from a group.
- The spreadsheet totals for connection times is very useful for showing clients the work/time put into maintenance or troubleshooting on their devices.
- It is nice that the program is not reliant on a browser. lightweight.
- Very quick, patient, efficient, and friendly with customer service.

Cons

- Customization is present but not as easy as I would like. It feels like I have to read manuals in many places and put work for my branded page or template to really shine. If they added more ease and options for customizing the client seen windows and page that would be great!

- This is an extra but I wish after a connection the program could prompt you for notes on what was performed and that would be included in the spreadsheet for connection times. Currently, I am writing in a different program and having to track all those notes, times/dates/client, and then attempt to incorporate them into the spreadsheets I send to my clients but it's not as clean in two different documents or takes an additional amount of time to combine them and make it look nice.

Craig S.

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

Pros

I like that the program does not need to be installed on the customers computer. It connects fast and allows for support

Cons

Sometimes when connecting to customers widows of programs open behind other windows. So this makes you minimize other windows. Also that it temporarily installs in the temp folder. If Windows security is set to not allow this the program cannot be used.

Response from Techinline

Hi Craig,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for being our valued customer! If the app opens behind other windows, simply click on the FixMe.IT taskbar to make it active - this way you won't have to minimize other windows. Regarding the installation of the Client app, it is downloaded to the temp folder by default. If you need to permanently install the FixMe.IT Client app on the remote user's PC, you can use one of the options described here: https://docs.fixme.it/features/installing-client-application-on-a-remote-computer

7.0/10
Ryan S.

Satisfied overall

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Pros

Ease of use and it's features for supporting multiple displays. Addition of ability to control more than one computer at a time was a great update.

Cons

Wish they had a way to set it to low bandwidth so that high res background pictures would not attempt to send over slower connections or to tell it to not send so it improves user experience when bandwidth is limited.

Response from Techinline

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your feedback and for being our valued customer! To speed up a slow remote connection, you can specify image quality during Remote Desktop Control/View. To do that, click the Options button on the session toolbar and choose Image Quality => High Speed (displays the remote desktop as an 8-bit color image).

Bob G.

reliable, fast, easy for me and my customers to use

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

Pros

The service's reliability is very good- near 85 percent of connections without any loss of connectivity during sessions.

Cons

The loss of connectivity during sessions, once a loss occurs, seems to recur often. These losses effect me sometimes often.

Response from Techinline

Hi Bob,

Thank you for reviewing FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! Sorry to hear that you've been running into frequent connectivity issues lately. FixMe.IT guarantees a fast and stable connection to any machine located in any environment, so normally working with the application shouldn't result in any dropped connections. Please reach out to our support team at [email protected] - they'll provide all appropriate assistance with getting these issues resolved.

Bruce C.

I have been very pleased with the my overall experience. Product works well.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

I do not have to leave my office to service my multi-national customer base.

Pros

Ability to connect to multiple computers at the same time, is a very useful. As an I.T. professional, I routinely connect to many computers at once, when deploying many computers at once. Or when stopping a virus attack, I can quickly get to all computers on any network I need to.

Cons

Techinline Ltd billing system, no grace period. they claim 1 day but haven't seen that yet. keeps cancelling my service, if payment is not received on 1st attempt. Other suppliers will try more than once before cancelling anything.

Response from Techinline

Hi Bruce,
We rely on a third-party platform, Bluesnap, to handle our billing matters. By design, the Bluesnap system cancels a declined order on the following day after the original failed auto-renewal attempt. The main purpose of this is to ensure that there are no subsequent repeat charge attempts whenever any payment is declined. At the same time, we assure you that the FixMe.IT application provides a 1-day grace period, which means that we keep your subscription active for 1 full day whenever the auto-renewal payment is not processed by Bluesnap. We also reach out with a failed renewal notice and provide instructions for submitting the payment. After one day, i.e. when the subscription expires, you may use the 'Renew License' option within the Expert app to submit the payment. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact our sales team at [email protected]

Rich H.

Great value for the money but lacks a very helpful feature

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

For the most part, the software works very well. I have been able to connect to nearly all of my client computers. I do like the ability to have a person for to fixme.it and start a support session for a "one off" support call.

Cons

I'm still waiting for the ability to have multiple logins (not simultaneous) for a single account. I need to be able to give a specific person access to a group of client computers for remote support. I.e. If I have groups named Client A, Client B, and Client C, I want to another person be able to log in with their email and password and have access to Client C computers. There is also a minor issue of some sort with Server 2008. On a regular basis I am not able to connect to that computer. It appears the connection works but I never get the screen for remote access. When that server is rebooted I have access for a few days but then something happens and I can only RDP to that server.

Response from Techinline

Hi Rich, Thank you for sharing your feedback and for being our valued customer! Regarding the issue with Server 2008, please submit a ticket to [email protected] so that our support team could investigate the issue and provide any necessary assistance. Best, Dan | Techinline

Leonard T.

Excellent Remote Management

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Pros

Great tool for managing dozens of client computers

Cons

used to be lackign features, but is a lot better lately.
I would like it to work better with remote systems that have more then 2 screens. I use it a lot in 6 screen clients and its a pain.

Response from Techinline

Hi Leonard,

Thank you for reviewing FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! When connected to a remote computer that has 2 or more screens, FixMe.IT shows all displays on your local screen by default. To simplify working with remote systems that have multiple monitors, you can take advantage of the multi-display tool, which allows you to switch between individual screens you want to work with: https://docs.fixme.it/features/using-the-multi-display-tool

Justin B.

Fantastic value when you have far more computers than people to remote into

Reviewed on 2018/04/06

Remoting into any Windows PC either via a very convenient pin or unattended access.

Pros

Fantastic price compare to competitors
It has all of the features you can expect at the price point.
It is a very solid program. I have never had an issue with it. It always works.
Support is good and responsive.

Cons

It is a little light on features, but at the price point, I don't expect much more. It would be nice if it auto-refreshed the unattended list. Sometimes you have to go back to the unattended in order to find out of the computer is back online after a reboot because sometimes the information on the home page doesn't update as quickly.

Scott F.

Fast, Easy Connections at an Affordable Rate

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

Fast and easy remote connections to clients needing help along with unattended access clients that need ongoing or after hours support.

Pros

Simple, Quick and Easy connections to remote clients needing help. With other software the installation of a remote support utility takes too long, and IMO, shouldn't be installed at all. We need to connect, do our work, and disconnect without having to deal with install issues on top of the problems we are connecting in to fix. TechInLine lets me do just that with a run-only version of the connection utility, while still offering expanded options including an unattended access client.

Fraser S.

This is a great alternative to LogMeIn, Teamviewer and other such tools.

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Cost effective and fast remote control for unattended and one off connections........exactly what you need.

Pros

Simple and reliable as well as being great value for money. Slowly but surely features are being added such as the recent update to allow multiple remote control screens at once (previously you could have multiple connections, but only remote control one at a time)

Cons

Software doesn't support OSX so I'm forced to use Teamviewer for my OSX customers. Also it would be nicer if the app was also web based so we could use any computer to remote control etc without installing software, even if it was more limited.