WORKetc

Business management system for SMBs

4,3
4,9
Keith K.

Used daily by the whole team, making us more accountable and accurate.

Reviewed on 2017/12/20

Smooth workflow requiring fewer people. Greater accountability and greater accuracy. High standards are much more achievable. Knowledge Base (KB) allows for sharing the "why" of our standard operating procedures, not just the how. Project Templates are custom for us, and allow us to consistently do the job right, while not having to 're-invent the wheel.'

Pros

Customizable as can be, and multi-functional. Takes far fewer people to do a job that it did before Work[ETC], in less time, with better results.

Work[ETC] replaced about nine different "silos of information" with one solid system - offering much better documentation of our work, as well as accuracy, to boot!

Cons

Takes real work and a dedicated professional owner or manager to even begin to get the full value Work[ETC] offers. That's okay, because the payback on time invested is at least 20x, sometimes 40 or 50x, long term ... with better results.

Rebecca W.

Work[etc] is my jam!

Reviewed on 2016/07/09

We do not see the world as it is, but we see the world as we are. Worketc allows me to see the situation as it is. When I say situation I mean the project status, stage, etc. I am able to fully access the phases and status of current accounts and customers. It's very important for me to be able to stay on top of a customer because I have hundreds and hundreds of customers and I need to be able to rememeber their dogs' names, diseases, house orientations, etc etc. Hence worketc.

Pros

Fully customizable. Very easy to integrate to other programs like quickbooks. We use it for accounting.

Cons

You have to exit one section before you edit another.

Jaymes B.

Great CRM, Highly Respected

Reviewed on 2017/02/18

I love the timesheets they really help me keep organized and make me feel better about what I have done in the day. We use the support ticket feature the most and I couldn't see being able to do my job without it. It allows us to stay organized, upload attachments and make sure we're not stepping on each others toes. If I ever branch off and start my own company I'm definitely going to make sure I have this service. ​We use it heavily in the support department because of the support ticket feature. The product development department uses it to meet project deadlines. Overall it keeps us all on track so that no two people are doing the same job, and lets us know where others are at on their work.

Pros

​Timesheets, support tickets, customer contact management, project management, customer portal and creating surveys ​

Cons

Pricing options, original mobile app environment felt crowded

Jaymes B.
Industry: Computer Software

A Must Have

Reviewed on 2017/02/15

I never had to work with a CRM until I started at this company. I love the timesheets they really help me keep organized and make me feel better about what I have done in the day. We use the support ticket feature the most and I couldn't see being able to do my job without it. It allows us to stay organized, upload attachments and make sure we're not stepping on each others toes. If I ever branch off and start my own company I'm definitely going to make sure I have this service.

Pros

It's usability and complex features that have been really thought out

Cons

Mobile App feels crowded

William M.

WORKetc Handles CRM and More

Reviewed on 2015/05/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

WORKetc is not just a CRM. It works for us from initial client meeting through sales cycle, proposal, contract, project, invoicing and reporting. Also love how it integrated with Google For Work. The vendor is accessible and easy to work with.

Cons

There are SO many features and potential ways of doing things that it takes a while to learn the system and create processes and best practices.

Margaret M.

Easy, simple, and straightforward.

Reviewed on 2017/12/13

Pros

I liked the options available to personalize how you use the system. You can try different ways and see which works most efficient for your company.

Cons

There may be too many options- too many ways to file documents, which may make it hard to locate where something is filed.

Michael A.

WorkEtc

Reviewed on 2016/03/17

We use WorkEtc in a CPA firm for tracking customers, projects, support requests, and discussion among staff. The combination of a singular customer database among functional areas is a big productivity boost for our firm. We have yet to use some of the marketing and sales features but what we have been able to use is great.

Pros

Customer portal is useful for getting customer information
Customizable forms are great for capturing data from the portal and on our company sites.
Customer Support functionality is excellent for getting the customer needs cataloged to be address and measured.

Cons

Portal needs more development.
Has so many features it can be overwhelming

Evangelos (vange) M.

Rating only

Reviewed on 2017/05/01

Stephen mark

Changed our world

Reviewed on 2013/12/06

Straight up, when I first looked at WORK[etc] over two years ago I wondered if it would be a worthwhile investment compared to the four free (but completely separate apps) I was using at the time. Looking back it was, without a doubt, the best decision ever made. Bringing everything into an intuitive central system with excellent integration into other fantastic apps such as Xero and Evernote has made managing multiple clients and projects at once a breeze.

Pros

Great support when (if) needed from people who understand business, not just the software.

Cons

Encourages multitasking... but I'm a bloke :-(

Randy bryan

So Thorough

Reviewed on 2015/02/24

We really love WorkEtc. We are relatively new to it. We did a TON of research before committing. We have grown to a staff of 9 and wanted to get with a program that would allow us to grow to 100. WorkEtc can easily handle that. It's also worth the expense. Every month we stop things from falling through the cracks that otherwise would have.

Pros

thorough, support tickets, invoicing

Cons

It is a little expensive, but for us it PAYS FOR ITSELF.

Ricardo

Flexible CRM + Billing

Reviewed on 2013/11/12

The software is really flexible which makes it easy for almost every business to use WORK[etc]. For us WORK[etc] made is possible to follow the conversations with each customer through mail. Although that it is flexible may also be a problem for some of the business.

Pros

flexible
various

Cons

flexible
may be hard to set up

Runy C.
Industry: E-Learning

I use this online tool to manage projects

Reviewed on 2014/06/06

If you just got your project management certificate or you have a complex project to manage and a team in several locations, just go for this tool.

Pros

Flexibility and cost

William M.

WORKetc, More Than a CRM

Reviewed on 2016/03/30

As Idaho's Manufacturing Extension Partnership, TechHelp has team members and consultants work our of each of our three state universities. For years we struggled to work, communicate and manage our business across the different systems used by each university. With the advent of cloud based CRM systems, we began experimenting with all of the top tools but found them lacking. Most were too "salesy" and focused on the front end sales cycle. They lacked integrated modules for project and account management. It turned out that we were looking for more than a CRM. We really wanted an integrated Business Management System that could track and manage a client engagement from first meeting, through the sales cycle, project management, expense tracking, invoicing, reporting and more. We also wanted a system that would play nice with the Google for Work system we had adopted. We found all of this and more in WORKetc.

Pros

WORKetc is more than a CRM; it is an integrated Business Management System that can be used to manage a business end to end.

WORKetc has THE BEST customer support system & team that I have seem in the software/cloud industry. I can get a real WORKetc person on the line for a web based conference on any issue almost instantaneously.

WORKetc has a nearly infinite capacity for customization.

We have used WORKetc "Web Forms" to greatly enhance our consulting work. A client can complete a Web Form that automatically creates a contact and a lead. The form is automatically routed to the correct consulting team that has all info at their fingertips to follow up with the client.

Cons

Some users are at first intimidated by the user interface. There are so many features and ways of doing things that they can be overwhelmed.

Ross H.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great Saas to connect virtual offices and teams: more than a CRM

Reviewed on 2015/06/25

We've been using WorkEtc now for 2 years. Before WorkEtc we ran Daylite as our central CRM but when I (the boss) needed to spend considerable time out of the office we needed a solution that was quick and efficient via the internet. We looked at a number of different solutions but chose WorkEtc as it was more than just a CRM. One of the key features that we were won over on was the Project Management/Invoicing process; WorkEtc allowed us to generate and post project related invoices to Xero at great ease.

Pros

WorkEtc is a good solution for virtual teams and virtual offices to keep their data connected. It works well for employees in different time zones and different countries. We've been able to partially automate some business processes, including support cases, projects, tasks, and invoicing.

Cons

We've been disappointed with the 'clunkiness' and time consuming way of tracking time for projects and generating invoices. We use another solution to track project time (which doesn't have invoicing capabilities) and enter the time into the invoice manually. For some reason the workflow for WorkEtc is not as efficient as the other solution.

Their customer support team is very efficient however it feels as if product development is slow and often behind schedule. (Sign up because you like the features they have, not the features they are promising.)

David jones

WorkEtc All-In-One CRM

Reviewed on 2014/06/24

Everyone knows the concept "best of breed" and typically vendors that focus on being best of breed for their flagship product will be more successful than one that offers an All-In-One product. The reason is that its hard to be best of breed at everything so they end up being best of breed at none.

WorkEtc is an exception to that rule as they have incorporated enterprise wide information management into one package and does it all very well. I have used SalesForce.com, SugarCRM, SharePoint, ZenDesk, Zoho, FreshDesk, Harvest, and more. While they are all great products and have their strengths none of them do it ALL or as well as WorkEtc. Best of all, in our case WorkEtc was less expensive after we compared using one system versus multiple subscriptions to other products.

Our sales team can now enter leads, that turn into customers, that later have projects, and then support. Employees can create time sheets and expenses related to customer projects that can be easily exported into our billing system. Support tickets are automatically tagged to customers and if necessary support employees can create a billable timesheet entry right from the ticket. We also use it to encourage internal communication using discussions and knowledge base articles.

Another thing to mention is the Google Apps integration. If you are using Gmail, the plug in is really handy. If by chance a customer emails me directly with an issue, I can create a new support ticket from the email message very easily. Also if you already have a document library in Google Drive, it can easily be shared within WorkEtc with just a few clicks.

Pros

All-In-One and does it well
Cost
Google Apps Integration
Complete Customer Life Cycle Management
Time and Expense Tracking with Export

Cons

Sometimes to many features and too much flexibility but they have made some UI changes lately that have helped out a lot.

Rick M.

Great Business Management Solution

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

In the realm of business management solutions for small businesses, Work, Etc., is definitely among the top. A single source for CRM, PM, Financial Management, Sales Force Automation, Marketing Automation, and reporting made Work, Etc., a no brainer. The level and speed of support is excellent, the platform rock-solid and documentation is crystal clear. Comes highly recommended.

Pros

All in one solution, great support, excellent documentation, great integrations

Cons

With such an all-encompassing solution, it is quite the commitment to learn and move everything. Once up to speed, however, you probably won't want to run without it.

Randy B.

Amazing all in one tool for small teams

Reviewed on 2017/07/01

Pros

This software allows us to keep our small business organized in a way we never could before. We love the CRM, the ticketing, the time tracking and the invoicing. It's all an integral part of our business flow.

Cons

The only thing I didn't rate five stars was "ease of use." It's not really worketc's fault though. There are so many features. The tutorials and help is top notch. Customer service is world class. There is just so much to learn. The good news is that its EASY to get started. A minute to learn and a lifetime to master.

Charlotte B.
Industry: Environmental Services

Excellent adaptable software

Reviewed on 2017/06/12

Pros

Customisation - everything in one place and a system that can be adapted to our businesses requirements.

Cons

Often difficult to navigate. A lot of functions do the same thing but in different ways - more than one route to get to where you want to go!

Nicole W.
Company size: Self Employed

Finally - A CRM that works for us!

Reviewed on 2017/03/16

We are a 2-person company that needed a single tool to manage both support tickets, a deal pipeline and project management. After trying literally HUNDREDS of so-called 1-stop CRMs, Work[etc] was the ONLY tool that actually delivered on what it advertises. The quality for the price is second to none, and it's pretty easy to use. There are a few things that could be better, but the development team is committed to improving their product over time. We're looking forward to future planned enhancements. Oh, and I should mention that there IS a mobile app, which many CRMs don't have. I don't use it much, but it's pretty good.

Pros

It really is a one-stop-shop for managing customers, deals, projects and support tickets. It has great integration with Google (GSuite). We have significantly lowered our individual emails with tickets and inquiries going directly into Work[etc]

Cons

The integration to Xero (accounting/financial software) isn't as good as it could be.

Ryan B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Software to Run a Business

Reviewed on 2016/07/04

We've been running for years with a pieced together system that involved a billing system, a ticketing system, a bunch of spreadsheets, and a new CRM every few weeks. We tried getting systems to integrate, and play nice. It wasn't until we discovered WorkETC that we found a solution. We have been able to more than double our productivity and bandwidth because the software integrates everything we need in one place. The mobile version of the software is crucial during the times we're meeting with the clients, or are on the road looking for information. It's fast, easy, and it just works.

Pros

Ease of use. Fast loading. Information at our fingertips.

Cons

This is a tough one. Perhaps the user interface is a little clunky. Trying to make adjustments to projects and tech support cases isn't as easy as we'd like. We find that just leaving notes and making the changes when we've returned to the desktop is a little easier. But means a little more time.

Pierre-yves loaec

the tools that brought our growth

Reviewed on 2013/12/02

We are a french communication agency and we use WORKetc since one year.

During this year we have doubled in size. With WORKetc we could empower our project managers on monitoring and billing of their projects.

We use forms to our website. 3-4 leads are automatically reassembled each week !

The mobile version and syncho gmail is perfect for sharing and managing our agendas.

For our industry, WORKetc is more than CRM is an ERP!

Pros

- google apps synchro
- reporting
- billing
- project management
- simplicity
- adaptation capacity

Cons

- self service portal in progress
- integration capacity and data access (for BI for example)
- ergonomy sometimes complex

Artur

I've been using it for 3 years and It's amazing

Reviewed on 2013/11/29

We use this tool as a CRM, ERP, Billing, Projects, Tasks, Scheduler, Web client interaction and soon as a Customer Portal... So what should I ask more! it's jus amazing how many things I do with it!! and all linked with my gmail account, As business manager I strongly recomend it.
If some one is having trouble with customer support is probably because hi isn't really the kid of guy to use such and advanced tool like Work ETC

Pros

Excellent integration

Cons

It's not set up in five minutes.... it takes a couple of weeks to have everything ready to run a company with it

Michael

It Just Works

Reviewed on 2014/01/03

It does everything we need it to do plus more. We haven't utilized all the tools yet at our disposal and we gradually grow into this. 4 months in however and our communication both internally and with our customers has never been better and more fluid. Efficiency is the word!

Pros

Everything we need to know is at our finger tips. No more searching in 3 or 4 different applications to find different pieces of information.

Cons

The projects modules needs to be able to distinguish between a workday and a weekend/holiday.

Alein R.

Good option if integrating various apps is your main pain point

Reviewed on 2010/11/08

This is a very comprehensive suite of must have services that include CRM, collaboration and billing. Each individual service offer a comprehensive set of features.
It compares well to other integrated solutions such as Zoho or Salesforce.com and offers more than single function products that only do invoicing, time tracking or CRM.

Pros

Well thought pricing model that allow to add more users at a reasonable cost
Easy to use with Web 2.0 style for all product components
The billing part of the tool, quotes and invoices, is particularly easy to customize

Zsun-kap

WorkETC works!

Reviewed on 2015/03/18

I work for an accounting firm and this is the first tax season that we have had work keeping track of everything. Yes, EVERYTHING, from appointment reminders to referral discounts! We really needed a program to keep track of our clients and we ended up getting so much more.

Pros

Keeps all the information organized for quick and easy access.
Secure client portal.

Cons

Not all of the settings are as easy to manipulate, to fit our needs, as I would like them to be.