7 608 reviews

SurveyMonkey

A market-leading survey platform.

4,6
Industry: Farming
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Data Collection and Analysis Master

Reviewed on 2020/07/23

It has simplified to a great extent on how we gather information from our customers and employees. It has improved on time taken to complete a research topic, materials needed for the task, saving costs and accuracy of collected data.

Pros

The first beautiful thing I like is that their website and the mobile application are very responsive and have a great user interface that enables us to complete tasks in a short period of time. On features, I am impressed that it gives me well made templates on how i want my questionnaire to look like. I do not need special designing skills as everything is already set and I just need to input my questions and type of responses to be expected. Previously, we did not have many formatting options on questions and answers but now the vendor is working hard in making sure that they simplify everything for us. After deploying our questionnaires, we do not need much time to group and analyse data as everything comes already grouped and analysed. We just need to interpret the results to ensure both employee and customer satisfaction.

Cons

The only time I had troubles was when i was using the mobile application to create a questionnaire and I closed the app before completion. All my work was lost as it did not save it automatically and I had to start again. Another problem is that it does not allow work to be done offline.

Roxanne D.
Industry: Accounting

Survey Monkey allows honest feedback

Reviewed on 2020/11/01

The software may not be user friendly for those who are creating the survey but it is quite straightforward for those who are giving their feedbacks. When survey monkey was used by the organization to strengthen our organization. We were free to answer honestly and anonymously.

Pros

Survey monkey allows you to be anonymous which allows the feedback to be honest. We use survey monkey in our organization to resolve conflicts and for the use of organisational growth. Since it can be anonymous no one have to fear to type what they actually think and HR will know how to move forward since the feedbacks would be considered honest and not forced.

Cons

Even though survey monkey is beneficial to our organization it as a few cons. We needed a method to use in our department to resolve an issue and would like to do so without anyone fearing to speak because they would be judged or the issue would have just gotten worst. So we decided to use survey monkey. I most say it got the job done but we had a few hiccups along the way. Firstly, the software isn't user friendly for beginners. It doesn't offer many selections when it comes on to customization. We had to choose from only 12. The package that you get at the standard rate limits you alot and if you want more you have to upgrade.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Kristen B.
Industry: Biotechnology

It does the job but leaves much to be desired.

Reviewed on 2020/03/17

I’m glad it exists - it helped me make surveys. But even though you are grateful for it, you can still bemoan it’s terrible ability to be used by a team, and it’s reliance on the perfect survey maker.

Pros

It’s easy to make multiple surveys and it prompts you to customize them. The surveys look great and encourage people to take them!

Cons

The team function works terribly. It was impossible for multiple people to edit the survey prior to sending and it also doesn’t check for question accuracy. For example, a question that’s clearly a checkbox in the sound of it should not be able to be published if checkboxes aren’t an option for it.

Ben E.
Industry: Higher Education

Aesthetically pleasing, effective, and highly customizable

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Overall, I'm highly satisfied with SurveyMonkey for our organization's needs. Working for a social organization, our marketing efforts deviate from the standard corporate or business needs. One of our biggest efforts is receiving feedback from programming or educational content and SurveyMonkey has been instrumental in allowing us to do that.

Pros

Having used other products similar to SurveyMonkey, I can safely say that SurveyMonkey is one of the most aesthetically pleasing. Its customization allows for branding and personalizing forms to keep marketing efforts in-line with brand standards.

Cons

To have access to more robust analytics, it requires a higher paid plan, which is unfortunate. Paying for a mid-tier option, it feels like those analytics should be included.

Timmy T.
Industry: Computer Software

Superior to Google Forms

Reviewed on 2020/08/18

I use Surveymonkey in emails to determine best meeting times and practice. Also, our internal team leaves a survey active on our website so users can rate and provide feedback on our current software and patches.

Pros

I like that any Surveymonkey user can call their help center if there's some sort of problem or question. Nothing like that for Google Forms. Also, upgrading SurveyMonkey allows surveys to be hosted on websites, which is great for regular-recurring meetings.

Cons

I did not like the "custom" charts that were available for premium users. I was hoping to have more control over the type and aesthetic of the chart produced.

Bethany W.

Highly Effective Survey Tool

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

SurveyMonkey is definitely our survey tool of choice. It's flexibility and ease of use really brings it to the top of the survey tool option list.

Pros

SurveyMonkey provides such an easy method of gathering input from our members. We are able to put together a survey in just a few minutes with many different styles of questions to pick from. We have used SM for feedback after events, needs assessments, and to collect data that impacts our organizational decision-making. The shareable link generates as soon as you're finished creating the survey and is able to sent out to members quickly afterwards. The notifications are helpful that indicate when a survey response has been received and it's easy to review their answers within the dashboard.

Cons

We have not participated in the paid subscription to date because our organization is small. But, in the free version, the design features are pretty limited. However, it fits the bill if you don't need something that's design heavy!

Linda R.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Can't live without it

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

Has made our job easier and the analytics an essential part of our process

Pros

Having to do After Action Reports for an Emergency Management or Emergency Exercise was cumbersome. Using Survey Monkey has made this process better and I am able to reach many staff enterprise wide to survey and get their input evaluating our response.

Cons

I think that they should expand the user pool. It is limiting when you are working on a team where many people need access.

Can A.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Market research couldn't be simpler.

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

Knowing that it is always at hand gives me comfort. I think I will continue to use it for many years.

Pros

It is very nice that it has an interface that can provide you with a solution to the subject you want to research or survey in minutes. In addition, the options to follow the results via the collection screen and the mobile application are very useful.

Cons

Sometimes survey designs can get complicated. It may be helpful to review the "how-to" section, especially if you need a questionnaire in more than one format.

Kari G.
Industry: Education Management

Great Additional Features

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Pros

There are additional features beyond what is offered in free survey sites that help with data tracking & management.

Cons

There is a cost factor that isn’t there with free services.

Nischala R.

Survey/Research on your fingertips

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/09/04

SurveyMonkey has the firstcomer advantage which is now copied by so many market players.

Pros

It is very easy to launch for any technical/non technical person. I have used free version and got to check key parameters about by user/member base. The most important part is survey takers liked the format and answered quickly.

Cons

Creating new account should be made easier. I can understand issue about SSO and security.

Cole R.
Industry: Consumer Goods

The Leading Survey Software on the Market

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

Overall, we are very pleased with how SurveyMonkey helps us successfully tackle a wide array of tasks. The product is so incredibly customizable which allows it to be reconstructed to help us with everything from weekly surveys to determine lunch orders for employees, to satisfaction surveys, to focus group surveys, to product questionnaires, and more. The greatest value SurveyMonkey provides any business is time-savings. The product makes survey creation, distribution, results tracking and collection, and analyzation quicker than any manual labor or combination of other softwares.

Pros

Much like with any product or software, ease of use is the most important pro because it defines the entire user experience. SurveyMonkey's ease of use and compatibility with a variety of systems and softwares earn the product an A+. After a few login's and explorations of the software, it quickly becomes apparent that the design of this product is well-thought out and strategic. The flow from between pages is simple, looking for and finding tools is intuitive and you're often time able to find things on your own. To add to what has already proven to be an A+ software, the incredible amount of customization that can be applied to surveys and their results analyzing make SurveyMonkey that much more impressive. The software is so versatile that we've successfully used for Marketing, Product Development, Human Resources, Accounting, and more.

Cons

More than any other product or software I have ever reviewed, SurveyMonkey has the fewest cons. Truthfully, from our experience with the software, there really are no stand-out cons that we've been unhappy about. When having to thoroughly consider all aspects of the product, I'd say the greatest con is the cost of the product. We operate on a business plan that charges per user with a minimum requirement of 3 users per plan. I'd like to see plan options with preset amount of users that would offer better rates. The cost of the Personal Plans are much much worse and mostly require annual payments versus monthly which locks you in for one year and I think the lack of flexibility there is SurveyMonkey's biggest upset. I'd hardly ever consider their use for personal at their current costs.

Kristen B.
Industry: Writing & Editing
Company size: Self Employed

It's free, and the known and rusted name helps you get better results.

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Businesses and non-profits need feedback, and SurveyMonkey is a free, easy, and efficient way of getting that feedback, and putting it into an analyzable form you can use. Having the ability to track your data and responses, chart them, even download your results, is invaluable for those who use member / customer / client feedback. In a non-profit for example, sending an email to people who didn't renew their membership to ask why they didn't renew was able to give us valuable information. We learned that some of the reminder mailings were not reaching the right people. By making some adjustments and making sure we always had correct contact information on file, we were able to drastically increase membership retention numbers.

Pros

It's free. That is the main appeal to me when I ran a small business, and also when I was involved with non-profit organizations that don't have a budget for professional surveys.

Survey Monkey has been around for over a decade (maybe even over fifteen years?) and it is a well-known name in many industry circles, certainly in the non-profits I worked with. People are much more willing to click on links to website names they recognize. SurveyMonkey is familiar and easy to remember, with a reliable track record.

SurveyMonkey is easy to use. In business and non-profit, the less time you have to spend training people, the better. The familiarity of SurveyMonkey means that plenty of people are already familiar with it. And even if they've never used it before, it's intuitive even for first-time users.

And finally, if you really are stuck, or you want to go beyond the basics, their help files and tutorials are beautifully arranged. As someone who is no stranger to website help files, this is significant. The layout allows you to find the category of help you need, and the tabs are so clear and simply arranged. You can glance quickly down their list of help topics and tutorials. This is a real time-saver, and other websites could learn from the clean design. Very impressive and easy to use.

Cons

It's hard to complain about free software. With all free software, there are limitations you don't get in the paid versions, which is to be expected, and I have no complaints about that.

Rob B.
Industry: Computer Software

Power your surveys with SurveyMonkey

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/11/27

Recently I was reading often about the SurveyMonkey app and that many people use it and finally decided to try it and see whether is cool or not. I was little skeptic at the beginning but when I created my account and saw the design and how easy it is to work with the app I got involved with it. As I said earlier it brings joy to create your surveys such easy and finally they look even better than you imagined. I think this app can help many personal needs as students, pupils and some kind of personal surveys. Also, the app is very cool and powerful for big business surveys which can save you a lot money, find what people think about your product, help people to register for the event and many more things to do. I pretty recommend it for everyone who wants to power his or her business and personal needs.

Pros

I think this is a cool software because of:
1. It is very easy to use web application.
2. It has an intuitive design and you do not have to waste time in understanding how to create your survey. Everything can be done in a few minutes.
3. You can either create the survey on your own or you can even just answer some questions and the program will create the survey for you. Of course, you will need to edit it a bit, but with automatic creation, it will save you much time creating the design of different questions.
4. Your questions can be very variable - you can use text boxes, multiple choices, insert images, you can use register forms, radio buttons and many more things which will help you express your idea.
5. You can implement logic in your questions which for me is very cool because you can skip or show some questions based on the answers of people.
6. Another powerful tool is that you can get a link to your survey and send it through e-mail, facebook or other social media, you can even embed it to your website - no need to print the survey and go and give it to everyone.
7. When you got the answers, the info is all there and the app visualizes it to you with such cool charts. Even though you can edit the charts and if you do not like them you can choose what is best for your needs or understanding.
8. And finally, there is a responsive design which in nowadays I think is very important because your survey will get to your clients in the best way.

Cons

I didn't found any inconvenience using the app so I think it supports many things and it gives you a good feeling using it. Maybe some people will not like that for some features you need to pay some price, but I think the price is very good for the many features it brings to you. And if you want powerful surveys, this is your app.

Industry: Mental Health Care
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Benchmark Solution for Survey Creation Comes with a Price

Reviewed on 2019/06/16

I've had nothing but wonderful experiences working with Survey Monkey. Whether it be the ease to make professional looking survey with from scratch or using their amazing library of temples, the effortless collection of responses from your surveys whether they have been posted on your website or or embedded in social
Media platform, or the dynamic looking reports you can create literally with a push of a button, this a wonderful yet slightly expensive survey solution .

Pros

This is hands down the best and comprehensive survey creation, tracking, and monitoring Solution out there, and there are many to choose from. Others might feature some gimmick that can't be found within Survey Monkey, but none of the others come with such a robust set of features and tools.

Cons

It's not cheap. And don't go expecting to get back with a free trial or limited plan, unless who want to be frustrated? From utilizing their amazing library of templates to monitoring any size volume of responses to utilizing their recruiting and panel services when you're short on time but need results, you want to make sure to not cheap on the plan select.

Edward M.

Professional Survey Creator

Reviewed on 2018/01/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Survey Monkey has benefited the company that I work for because it allows us to quickly create surveys that are professional and that make it easy for people to respond. The feature that allows you to filter responses has been one of the most beneficial for my company as it helps us to ensure the people that respond to our surveys are the intended audience. For example, if we want to survey supervisors, Survey Monkey allows us to have the first question of a survey ask if the respondent is a supervisor. If the respondent answers no, that they aren't a supervisor, we can immediately have them directed to a thank you page that explains how we appreciate them taking the time for the survey but that at this time we are only seeking responses from current supervisors. It has been a feature that has helped increase survey response accuracy and save the time of those people who are responding because if they aren't the audience we are looking to survey, we immediately filter them out with the first question so they aren't wasting their time responding and so that we aren't wasting time sorting responses that aren't valid four our purposes.

Pros

The thing about Survey Monkey that I like best are its survey templates. Survey Monkey has so many templates of surveys that are professionally built and designed. The questions that are in the templates are diverse, educated and are all designed with the purpose of the survey in mind. Each question in the templates have its own purpose and is important for the bottom line. I like that if you want to use a template but don't want a specific question or you want to add an additional question or edit an existing question - you can. Survey Monkey's templates are fully customizable.

Cons

I do not like that the Survey Monkey logo and branding appear on all surveys that you create with Survey Monkey. The branding even appears in most of the paid versions of Survey Monkey. I think that - especially if you are paying for an account, that you should be able to opt-out of having the Survey Monkey advertising or branding on your surveys. This is important because when you distribute a survey, you do so with the intention of getting as many responses to the survey as possible. In order for people to participate in surveys - especially electronic surveys, they must trust the source. I have found that many people are concerned when responding to electronic surveys that their answers or personal information will be shared. With the Survey Monkey branding - especially for people that are not familiar with Survey Monkey, it could decrease the likelihood of people trusting the source and responding. I think that all versions of Survey Monkey - even the free account - should have the option to remove the branding. However, I especially think that the paid accounts should have the option to remove the branding.

Eva B.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Does it's Job, but not always the job you want

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Overall I think Survey Monkey is a great tool for those doing general surveys, market research, customer research and some evaluation feedback. However for those looking to do actual data mining- I would go with a more sophisticated system like Qualtrics.

Pros

Survey Monkey is an easy platform to use. Many questions are already built into the program if you need them. The platform is user-friendly and allows for different formats of questions. It also allows you to add logic (ie: if they answer this, then go to that) formats. You can also add design elements so that you can brand it to your company. Sending out the surveys is also made simple, in that you can send a link, load a group into the program or a variety of other methods.

Cons

I have a problem with this software when it comes to analyzing my results. For one, I do not like the options they give you around exporting the data. I wish their was more customization around this. Especially when I have very specific data I want to compare, the .xls is formatted in a way that I have to go in and edit each individual question. I wish I could choose exactly the data I want to export so that I can easily develop my own graphs vs. having to rely on the survey monkey versions. I also wish their was an option to build out a .pdf of the data in a way that works for me. I would MUCH rather edit a .pdf as I am am building out my data story then have to go in an edit each individual question again. I just wish their were more ways to build out data vizualization pieces after the data is collected.

Mary D.
Industry: Law Practice

Useful, but awkward

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

Overall, a great option to allow many people to have the desired input at their convenience.

Pros

People can use this online immediately. The survey setup user may need a minute to decide how to lay out their survey with the limite options available, but actually creating the surveys can start right away. Respondents don’t have to sign up for anything, which means an excellent response rate.
The survey options allows for open-ended responses, which many other programs do not. You can also limit answer choices, and determine if a question requires an answer or can be skipped.
The program will let you determine if the survey closes out at a certain time, or after a certain number of responses, or after all invited respondents have answered. An email notification updates the surveyor on the status of responses.

Cons

An option to rank answers would be a huge advantage, letting the surveyor determine whether all answers need to be included in the ranking. (“Of these 5 entrees, please rank your choices, making an ‘x’ for any that are not options for you at all.”)
A preset “scheduling survey” option would be very useful, especially if it allowed ranking of answers. I personally use SurveyMonkey most often to help set meeting dates, times and locations for professionals with divergent schedules.
It could be much easier to repeat a question in setup so the next question will have the same setup, answer options, an phrasing as the prior. This option would allow quicker & more consistent survey question setup.
I find the current version awkward for sending the survey to specific recipients, moreso than in prior versions. It can be done successfully without too much trouble, but the screens and fields and directives were unclear and not as user-friendly.

Akshay A.
Industry: Internet

Surveying Made Easy!

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

I used SurveyMonkey to conduct a Market Research Study on the Behavior of Customers Towards Buying of Earphones. The questionnaire prepared was further improved by the suggestions which helped me develop a more crisp survey and provided results in a good looking manner that was pleasing to look at. Adding logic based questions reduced manual work and helped me keep the survey concise.

Pros

1. Allows you to separate collection methods and provides results separately which is a boon if you need to test the customer behavior across segments
2. Multiple Layouts and Quick Suggestions on questionnaire design and type
3. Mobile app makes analytics easier
4. Allows survey filling even without internet
5. Allows use of 'logic' a feature absent in a lot of other survey service providers, which helps in adjusting survey to the different choices of customers.
6. Shows time taken to complete the survey in analytics which helps plan surveys

Cons

1. When the paid version expires, limits access to even the questionnaire and analytics that a person had made and distributed making it difficult at times to go and check previous data.

Aaron P.
Industry: Financial Services

A Powerful Yet Simple Method to Survey Your Offering

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Very easy and straightforward to use. You don't have to make your surveys complex. However, it allows you to get to a deeper level if need be.

Pros

I'm developing an online retailing presence for physiotherapy and wellness. And I've used Survey Monkey in every step of our company's development. From market surveys of our logo, to product-quality feedback, Survey Monkey was incredibly helpful when it came to acquiring the data we needed to streamline and tailor our offering, and eventual launch.

There are many features that make this software exceptional. Particularly, the design and interface, which is not only customizable, but also professional looking and minimalistic. I think it certainly makes a lasting impression to an audience when your surveys look the part. It also makes data acquisition seamless for both surveyor and respondent.

However, the true power of Survey Monkey is in it's data analysis. Especially when you've collected answers from hundreds and even thousands of respondents. This is where it stands out from the rest. It compiles all of the acquired information seamlessly into a single database. From there, you have an arsenal of tools to analyze the data: pie charts, bar graphs, and scatter plots. You can drill down your variables further to get a deeper understanding of what your market is looking for. And finally reveal statistically relevant correlations between features of your product/service your target market.

Truly powerful stuff.

Cons

There is none I can think of. We've used this software since the beginning of our inception and we're continually using it for our many projects.

Heidi G.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

The type of survey that's painless to make and painless to take!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/11/26

10/10- would recommend. I have always been satisfied with the ease of creating a survey, and SM often gives recommendations to make your survey even better. It's easy to send out the survey via. hyperlinks to the URL, but they have several options if you're willing to pay for them. Also, the overall design of the software is easy to navigate and user-friendly. I have never had any issues with this program. It takes you through the whole process relatively pain-free: from creation to distribution to analysis to presentation. Very happy with my experiences with SurveyMonkey.

Pros

It's intuitive and easy to use. Not only are things easy to customize, but their templates are helpful as well. There are often times when Survey Monkey suggests questions that I hadn't thought to ask!
One thing I particularly appreciate is how Survey Monkey (SM) provides the types of statistics that help inform the quality of your survey. If you have asked too many open ended questions, or made the survey too long, SM will tell you the likelihood that your survey will be completed by a user. It also tells you how long a survey will take to complete, making it easier to adjust the quality of your questions. Not to mention you can customize the themes and images appearing on your survey to make it look like you specially designed the survey from your website. I am a satisfied user of this software.

Cons

Only a few complaints.
- The "delete" or "undo" buttons can be confusing to find in various components of the survey creation. There are other useful tools that can be hard to find in your survey because of the vast amount of options available on the site.
- I wish there was a way to select multiple questions and duplicate them. You can only duplicate one question at a time, and that can be painstakingly slow if you have sections and subsections with similar questions.
- I am sure if you upgraded that this isn't a problem, but with the version we use, you can only have 2 people use SM at a time. In my company, we have 4 staff that use SM for their work. We have to keep logging off and getting approval to log on. Maybe that's on us though for not paying more...
- Creating the survey is easy. Analyzing the survey gets complicated. It isn't as intuitive to navigate. You have to take some time to play around with the settings in order for the information to display in a way that fits your preferences.

Mangesh B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Best tool for surveys and information gathering

Reviewed on 2020/03/12

As a DevOps engineer in health care organization, we frequently seek feedback from stakeholders/customers on our product, SurveyMonkey is the best tool to get the quickly feedback from customers so that we can improve our product in next iterations.

Pros

This is the best tool for gathering the customer/stakeholder requirement.
As an agile this is most efficient way to collaborate with stakeholders to get feedback on product increments.

Cons

Over all the website / survey page look OK however User interface has to be more eye soothing.
Most of the time I have seem, surveyMonkey emails are residing in spam/junk folder in my outlook.
As compared to other survey tools I don't see Survey Monkey has any such cons.

Amy S.

Translating Member Needs into Useful Data

Reviewed on 2020/02/13

Our non-profit homeschooling group uses SurveyMonkey as a tool for members to voice their needs. Our annual Member Survey allows the Board of Directors to hear from the entire group about how the organization has served them in the past, and what they would like to organize in the future. Electronic polling allows members far and near to participate in the the decision-making process whether or not they can attend an in-person meeting. Project-specific surveys help narrow down focus, finances, and participation.

Pros

Survey Monkey allows our Board of Directors to gather input from members quickly and efficiently. Questions can be tailored to provide data that powers decision-making on behalf of a diverse group.

Cons

We struggle to share access to features across our group of 8. It is awkward to collaborate in the creation process when developing our annual Member Survey. It would be handy to have a group access function to enable our leadership team to contribute and modify questions communally.

Samridh S.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great for Basic Survey Needs and Easy Setup

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

I have used Qualtrics and Survey Monkey both and I think depending on the needs, SurveyMonkey may be a better fit in many survey projects.

Pros

SurveyMonkey platform has been out there for a while and it is one of the most widely used online survey platform for majority of users. I have used it many times during project evaluation, class evaluations and also certain fun events at the company gathering. It has all the basic tools one needs for the survey such as setting up variety of questions (Logical: true/false or yes/nop, ratings: 1 to 10, satisfaction or interest: not at all to highly). One can get lot of options during the setup as well for determining what kind of response is appropriate. One question response could be not interested to highly interested while other could be very easy to very difficult. Once the setup is done collection of results is done by SurveyMonkey automatically and stored for analyzing. SurveyMonkey provides a lot of tools for performing analysis on the data whether it be through graphical methods or percentage methods or other statistical methods. I enjoy these varieties as different questions needs different analysis when presenting to the larger crowd. Visual information gets people more in tuned and its easy to pass on lot of information in a short period of time.

Cons

SurveyMonkey has some limitation on the design tools that are available during the setup process. I think it could use a revamp and make the surveys more attractive. Due to limitations it may not be a perfect fit for some of the highly complex surveys. There is some learning curve to make the best use of the online tool to get what you need. Most people want to use the free edition of the tool but then you loose access to major features which is not available unless one upgrades. Otherwise I do not see much negative side of this platform considering it can be used for free in majority of the cases.

P christopher B.
Industry: Higher Education

A Free and Easy Survey Manager

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/07/06

Survey Monkey is an easy-to-use system which has provided a means by which we are able to better understand how we have succeeded with different customers and where we need to improve. While there is a fee to receive all the benefits with Survey Monkey, it has certainly been worth it.

Pros

The nice thing about survey monkey is that it gives you an easy way to get opinions on various topics through a simple form. Furthermore, rather than having to create the form by hand, Survey Monkey does all the work. Choose your question type, input the question, and *boom*: you've got your first form up and running.

Since Survey Monkey is based on links, it also protects any user from inputting data twice to skew your results. It is not full-proof (the system uses IP addresses so a computer can only be used once. If you use another device, however, you could potentially reuse the link), but is certainly better than nothing.

Lastly, the way it displays the data for the person who created the form is easy to read and simple to comprehend. This makes it a breeze to manipulate your data and use it for whatever you need to use it for.

Cons

While there is a basic plan, Survey Monkey does have paid options. This means the basic plan is severely limited in options. You have a limited number of surveys, questions, and even responses. Customer support is even limited based on whether you pay money or not. While every program needs money to pay for their different employees, the price is certainly steep.

Furthermore, as far as responses go, it would be nice to group responses based on participant. Say you created a survey in which you were asking your employees to rank different staff benefits. If one person was unhappy with the company in general and gave 1 star to everything, it would group the responses for each question. You as the form creator would not be able to look at the results and be able to firmly say that it was only 1 person who was unhappy with everything instead of a few people unhappy with certain things. If you could group responses by the person responding as well, that would make everything a lot easier.

Tonico C.
Industry: Writing & Editing
Company size: Self Employed

Easy to use, great results.

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

With SurveyMonkey, I can create surveys and collect the opinion of my clients about my business. Also, I can generate questions to understand the client's needs. With survey create on SurveyMonkey is easy to study your target public and clients. You can also conduct academic research using their feature of the targeting audience. I am a researcher, and I am a respondent on SurveyMonkey. They are a great company to do a partnership, so I believe SurveyMonkey is a powerful tool to help businesses around the World understand their clients and study the market.

Pros

SurveyMonkey is a great tool to connect your clients with your business. They have a simple layout, and it has many tools to help you create a survey. Also, the shape of the questionary is clean and easy to understand. For this reason, the respondents can give their best opinion about your business. The free version has almost everything you need to create high-quality surveys, and the price of the year subscription is a good deal because of this, I highly recommend SurveyMonkey.

Cons

I like less of the block of the feature of added your company logo in the free version. You can't put your logo on your survey if you have only the free version. I think the feature company logo added to the free version will attract more partners to SurveyMonkey because the partner will feel more confident and encouraged to spread their brand, and the partnership with SurveyMonkey with their public, clients, and respondents.