Showing 151 reviews of 137

Animoto

Video making software for nonprofits & businesses

Showing 151 reviews of 137
Brittany W.
  • Industry: Plastics

Content Marketing Videos

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

Totally positive and will continue to use this for our content creation on linked in, email and you tube.

Pros

Easy drag-drop and play! We use this from time to time to make informational content, video installation, and drip marketing materials for customers. Hundreds of templates to choose from, applicable to almost every platform we use.

Cons

Can be time-consuming if you don't have edited material to upload into this software, blocking out sound adding audio, etc.

Roxana C.

Easy video-making tool for beginers

Reviewed on 2020/12/30

Animoto made it very easy to effectively produce videos with a short turn around time. This was specially useful for after events.

Pros

You can create professional and creative videos in a very easy manner thanks to their template. The movement and music options really give it that "professional" look without having to be a professional video editor. Being able to add your brand logo and text is great.

Cons

I didn't like that you couldn't add multiple audios or play with the volume of the audios to lower the music at certain parts of the video.

Nick A.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Image Slideshow to Music Creation App

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

Overall, adds another element to the classroom. I have also used Animoto to put together slideshows of my daughters that come out really well. Love the ability to share easily through a multitude of options including social media such as Twitter and Facebook.

Pros

I remember when Animoto first came out. I was using it in the classroom with students to curate their images for various assignments (book trailers, public service projects, social media campaigns) etc. This was something they enjoyed. There are workarounds to do similar things, like using Google Slides or PowerPoint, or iMovie, but this takes the guesswork out of it. A simple tool to be able to merge images and video into a slide presentations/slideshow and overlay music to it. Comes out very professional looking. Students enjoy sharing these as it requires minimal movie editing experience and is a lot easier than iMovie. If you are using a LMS, I love how you can embed this inside it! Another way for teachers to be creative in how they deliver the content to their students.

Cons

There aren't a lot of features or customization, but it is pretty straightforward in that you add images, add video, and ick a song. The rest is done by Animoto. There are templates to choose from as well, but would be nice to have a few more features/animations to make it more personal.

Sorin A.

Quickly create cool marketing videos

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

I've used Animoto for marketing videos over the years. The render time is fast, the templates are ok and the interface is probably the best I've ever used.

Pros

I enjoyed the clean and easy to understand interface. Without it, I would've abanded it a long time ago. The timeline feels snappy. The elements don't get in your way. And each template video is split into sections, which makes it easy to only edit what you need.

Cons

The templates are probably the weakest part of the tool. While it shows that they put in the effort, the overall result is beneath Canva templates, for example. Some work well, others are way too generic to be used as is. And it would take a long time to change most of it to make it usable.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Animated slideshows that feel like music videos

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Pros

I first saw an Animoto at a friend's wedding over 10 years ago. It was pretty amazing. I turned into a fan and made a few 30 second trailers out of photos for friends of mine who ran small businesses locally. It was easy to make and the templates and music choices were pretty awesome.

Cons

I didn't like that the free version came out so grainy and lo-resolution, but I get it. How else are you going to pay for a product like Animoto? Premium subscriptions!

Cherie F.

Great video design program

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Very happy with this service

Pros

Great program to design marketing videos and property showcase videos

Cons

It’s a bit expensive compared to others and missing some features that would be good, such as changing colors to some templates

Kimberly R.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Animoto Movie

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

Overall, for what I use it for, it works as a "book talk" to tease kids and get them interested to read books.

Pros

I like that you can make a "teaser" movie to get kids excited about a topic or book. This is a more interesting way to get them interested in reading things.

Cons

I wish you could have a little longer time to make free videos.
Uploading all the pics can take a little time find.

Best starter video creation tool going

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Animoto has remained a basic tool in my video software arsenal. I know what I can accomplish quite quickly with it, so I can identify and schedule certain projects for completion in a short amount of time.

Pros

The best thing about Animoto is the ease of use for anyone, not just video editors, to create professional-looking videos. Easy-to-use means that you'll create more content in less time which is half the battle in content creation.

Cons

There are limitations to what can be customized in this video software, but it still covers all the basics pretty well.

Umang S.

Animate in style

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Pros

The most liked part of this application is that you can easily create animation for your social media post creation within a few touches​.

Cons

I mostly use this Animoto application a lot, so for me, I do feel the style limitation is reaching ​a low level for me to choose from.

Leo A.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for 1+ year

One of the best out there

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Overall Animoto is a great video editor for every day use.

Pros

Easier to use than most out there. Loads of customization options built right in. Android app works great too.

Cons

There are times when there's a little more expected and a compromise is necessary in what you want to do.

• Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Adds a spark to your memories

Reviewed on 2019/08/31

It makes it very easy to make stories and have short memorable clips

Pros

It makes it very easy to stitch your photos into beautiful pieces of memories (as videos), which can be savoured for the years ahead. The output is just fabulous. I love using it for vacation photos

Cons

The free software does not let you download high quality video, but that is fair, given the efforts they must have put in the system making

Towandat S.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Animoto for Icebreaker

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

My overall experience with Animoto was great. I used it for an icebreaker exercise to introduce myself to my nursing colleague in a nursing classroom. The software was selected by our nursing instructor. Animoto was a great selection because it is user friendly and allowed each of my colleague's assignment to be customized. I customized my own with pictures of myself and my family as well as pictures from my nursing study abroad in France, Switzerland, and Germany and participation in organizational activities for nurses.

Pros

I liked that Animoto allowed me to insert my pictures and video clips into my presentation as well as add music to my icebreaker assignment for my graduate studies.

Cons

I liked least the variety of templates with a nursing theme.

Nicholas B.
  • Industry: Media Production

The only way to build Slideshows!

Reviewed on 2018/11/11

This tool is so handy. As someone who has been asked to make video presentations with zero time and even less direction. There simply isn't any other tool/system that I can recommend. I've trained people on how to use this platform and I've used it for even broader video deliverables.

Pros

The usability of this platform is absurdly easy.

Cons

The free version doesn't need an expiration date.

Sofia C.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great customer service

Reviewed on 2020/11/21

Customer service is really good. I forgot the untick the auto renewal box and was charged a yearly subscription. Despite having a non refund policy the company did refund me in full. Greatly appreciate that.

Pros

Software is easy to use and great for e commerce.

Cons

It is pretty basic though, and quite expensive for what it is

• Used Other for 1-5 months

Easy way to quickly create short videos

Reviewed on 2020/04/03

Overall and easy to access and use product. It is especially helpful for classroom projects where you want students to create something quickly.

Pros

It is super easy to use. They offer numerous templates and free stock photos, videos and music. The interface is quite intuitive so it is easy to get started after poking around the site for a just a few minutes. Added bonus, it's free!

Cons

Unless you pay for the upgrade all videos carry the Animoto watermark. Users with more advanced skills may find the format limiting, but it is very easy for novices. The photos are a bit cheesy, but if your expectations aren't too high they will do the job.

Lisa W.

Animoto- easy to use for everybody

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

Excellent for small business owners

Pros

This is so easy to use, so many options, music is great, the drop and drag features are versatile!

Cons

They used to recommend using Chrome as your browser but now I think any browser works great.

Sherree H.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Picture perfect

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

I love creating my own video with my product images. Helps me to do separate videos for each product and info on my product. Quickly make what I want with what I choose to put in it. Sharing is easy and helps others to see what they can do with this.

Pros

I like being able to put together videos with my photos. Easy to use and share my work with others.

Cons

So far I haven't found anything that I do not like about using this app. Even if paying a fee the app is worth it.

Danny L.
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Animoto is a great way to build a nice presentation video for a service and even for fun

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

It was easy to build videos using pictures and other small snippets of video.

Pros

I liked how easy it was to create a video that sounded and looked professional. Their free templates and music were sufficient for me to build a work video and also do some videos for friends.

Cons

Everything worked great. The software is mature and easy to use. I couldn't find anything that i did not like.

Ashley A.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Video Blogger

Reviewed on 2020/01/07

I no longer need a videographer for any of my needs. Creating a great video is easy!

Pros

I like that it is affordable and that there is a free trial. It is also easy to use and with a professional account you can use commercial licensed music tracks!

Cons

I didn't like the limited amount of templates with the free trial. Wish there were more color options as well.

Amy V.

I absolutely love animoto. I make monthly slideshows for school and people think I am...

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Pros

It is very easy to use. I have even taught my grade 3 students to use it. It is adaptable to different ideas and can be shared on all sorts of platforms

Emily B.
  • Industry: Photography

Animoto Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/27

In the end I always a really beautifully designed movie to share with clients and on social​ media. Loved what I could create and share from Animoto.

Pros

Create beautiful videos and social media movies.

Cons

Sometimes the designs felt limited and difficult to customize.

Rachel T.

Animoto Is A Fun Video Creation Platform

Reviewed on 2017/11/20

We use Animoto create videos!

Pros

Our marketing teams have used Animoto to create fun, engaging videos for digital advertising campaigns.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike about Animoto. But, I do feel that if they add a few more features, it would be much more valuable.

• Industry: Photography

Useful and looks great

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

Pros

It's easy to use to create slideshows that look great.

Cons

It's limited in it's use, and things tend to start looking and sounding the same.

• Industry: Online Media

Making video creation easy

Reviewed on 2019/05/13

Pros

Making videos for YouTube is intimidating for a newbie. However, the easy to use templates allows me o easily convert articles into slideshow videos.

Cons

I feel like the templates are a bit limited. I also wish there was more choice in music selection.

Easy to use micro video editing

Reviewed on 2018/08/02

Pros

So easy to create something. You add some images, videos and voila it comes up with a nice animation slideshow with music.

Cons

It has its limits but for most users, its a quick way to produce video that looks decent, without spending a fortune.