Nomadesk

Business file sharing & synchronization software

• Industry: Research
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Secure file-sharing system

Reviewed on 2020/05/08

Pros

Easy enough to use shared-file system. Great for our small, somewhat geographically-scattered, research team that does lots of entering [and double-checking] data into very large data files for research studies more efficiently. It worked with all the Microsoft programs very well, and for the most part it worked with our SPSS (data-analysis software) files.

Cons

There were some aspects that didn't work for our team. Sometimes the program made our computers seem really slow. The saving and the syncing of files wasn't always on-point. Our team ended up using a different, less expensive, service that worked better for the file types and file sizes we often use.

Erek K.

Reviewed on 2017/07/20

Paul P.

Reviewed on 2016/09/27

Pim P.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Good piece of software!

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Overall experience is really good. almost no problems. The only problem we have once in a while, is that we have opened one file with 2 persons. Then we get a notification about is, so it is solved quickly.

Pros

- Always up to date with files
- 99,9% online
- Local browsing really fast
- Unlimited storage available.

Cons

Updates are done manually. Not automatically yet. That is sometimes a miss, when there are important updates available.

Cathy S.

My Favorite App

Reviewed on 2010/01/19

About a year ago, I was using Google Apps to collaborate and store large files that were too cumbersome to email. I hit many limitations...especially when it came to formatting in my Powerpoint presentations. Then I found out about Nomadesk. Nomadesk not only supports every application, so my formatting issues were gone, but it makes collaboration, synchronization, backup and storage easy and safe. I pretty much use it, not just for large files, but for all of my files. I have set up team file servers for each of my clients and I have a personal file server as well. I can share with unlimited team members! All of my work is backed up automatically and I can rest assured that if anything ever happened to my laptop while traveling that I can remotely shred all of my important docs. These virtual file servers allow me to work both online and offline, so I don't have to rely on an internet connection. Overall, Nomadesk has brought tremendous efficiencies and peace of mind to my business.

Pros

Eliminates my need to reconcile multiple versions of docs.
Automatically backs up files, stores them locally & in the cloud.
I can access files from my phone and any computer.
FolderLink, FileLink, TheftGuard
Unlimtd Storage
Affordable
Live S

Cons

Team members have ability to move, change files.

Michael S.

very good, but not as good as g suite

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Pros

does most things people need. easy to use.

Cons

just not quite as good as g suite. g suite is a better value and has more features, in my humble opinion.

• Industry: Management Consulting

antiquated -- great for the year 2005-2010

Reviewed on 2017/11/28

Pros

it works -- very very reliably! very functional with both desktop and online client... it just works.

Cons

it's not dropbox or box which are best in class. everything is slow and clunky. it's got a desktop login thing that you have to use and the online client is really slow. mobile access is also really clunky. i don't know how to explain it better than that. just...clunky.