Producteev Reviews

Producteev

Social task management software

4.2/5 (38 reviews)
Stephen F.

They are ending this service - with one month's notice!!

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

It really was a powerful and useful tool. I used it extensively for three years. They stopped developing it obviously, but I can tell you I used it every single day to help my effectiveness in the 11 different roles I play - board member, community member, employer, dad.

Pros

It was awesome - used it extensively for three years. I had 11 different "networks" or roles that I play that I used the software platform for. It allowed me to collaborate with people both inside my organization and the several organizations I sit on governing boards for.

Cons

See the title - they summarily ended this in a post I accidentally found yesterday. I find it astonishing that a company that acquires software companies would breach the trust of the customers of a company they acquired. Here and I thought software companies were enlightened. Apparently not.

0.0/10
Amanda G.

Easy task tracking for small teams

Reviewed on 2017/02/23

Over the past few years I've used Producteev to allow other team members to view my task list and work load. It's the perfect tool if you receive projects or report to multiple teams. Project stakeholders are easily able to see where project deadlines fall and where there is room to inject new items. The free version of the product is really robust (which is the version I use). Tasks are easy to add and view in a timeline/list. Useful features include reminder emails, sub-tasks, task notes, and labels.

Pros

May favourite feature is the list view of upcoming and overdue tasks. I used to write my daily tasks out in a notebook - this is way more efficient.

Cons

I don't love that tasks are automatically added a project, I quite often end up with tasks under the wrong project.

Steve P.

I've used Producteev for many years, and WAS by far the best free project management software.

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

Pros

Hands down, the best part of Producteev is it's simplicity. The interface it clean and well thought out, and the way they have structured projects and tasks is not cumbersome at all... so my staff actually enjoys using it.

Cons

Well, I have to say... Aurea dropped the ball big time. They have chosen to no longer support (paid or free) versions of Producteev. With almost no warning to active users, we are now left to migrate to some other platform before May 11th.

0.0/10
Rachel S.

Great Product for Team Communication

Reviewed on 2017/07/20

Pros

The best part about Producteev is that it can be used both on my laptop and on my phone. That way I can see updates immediately, whether I was assigned a new task or a deadline has been changed. It's great to have a clearly laid out schedule of my tasks and to see exactly when I need to complete them by, rather than having to create my own schedule. It's also nice to be able to message one another using the same platform.

Cons

It was a bit difficult to navigate at first, figuring out which team member is assigned to which task, and all of the info attached to it, but I got the hang of it after a while.

Producteev is one of the best task management applications I've used!

Reviewed on 2018/01/12

Pros

Producteev is simple yet versatile and allows me to use the software anywhere from my desktop, tablet, or phone. I am able to collaborate with others on multiple networks to keep my tasks separated and able to be efficient.

Cons

The only thing I dislike is the inability to hide an email address from others in a particular network without removing them.

Marlene C.

Producteev is GREAT for project management! Super easy to use!

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

Pros

I LOVE that you can tag people to alert them of your updates/notes. You can easily share images, notes, documents, and collaborate as a team in real time!

Cons

One thing I do not like is there is no folder to store files. We use Producteev with our external graphic design team, and we don't have a place within Producteev to easily store any documents they have created. We have to host our Dropbox link in a new task note and keep that task open at all times for everyone to have access.

Kc R.

Producteev - Dynamic Task Organization

Reviewed on 2017/02/27
Review Source

Pros

I love that I am able to order and Prioritize my tasks. I personally use the software daily to keep track of my highest priority tasks. Email reminders make it fairly intractable for total project management

Cons

Like most project management software it's only as good as it's usage. Unfortunately it falls prey to the project management hole where people prefer emails to separate UI's for project management.

Laura L.

This is an incredible program and very helpful.

Reviewed on 2017/09/28

Pros

I like that the tasks are clear and easily organized, and it is easy to communicate with team members.

Cons

The feature of "private" tasks is helpful but I have found that it is hard for me to keep track of my tasks and use a separate program for my personal to-do list. Producteev is perfect for collaborative tasks.

Thomas D.

Excellent value

Reviewed on 2016/07/05
Review Source

I've been using Producteev for more than 3 years now, with a small team. The learning curve for team members was very gentle and everybody picked it up pretty quickly.

I love the ability to create, assign, and tag tasks on the fly. Sub-tasks are a plus, too.

Files can be uploaded or linked to Dropbox, I think (I never do it this way).

Pros

Simple, solid API, nice mobile apps.

Cons

Calendar view could be improved. Sometimes buggy when I refresh tasks titles on desktop—nothing major.

It's too bad it ended like this.

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

I loved the ease of use and simplicity for organizing projects, assigning users, setting deadlines, making notes, following up and more. Quick, easy and efficient.

Cons

The support is terrible. Stuff breaks all the time and no one cares. I recently moved to a new platform because I couldn't get any support. I'm even hearing that they are stopping support altogether. Stay away.

David A.

Easy set up and intuitive

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/02/06

This software is great for task tracking and helps with productivity. it is also really easy to get started and does not take a huge learning curve to get started.

Pros

This product is very easy to use and it's easy to get started. It keeps things current with the activity section. This really helps to know what has been covered and what is going on. This is great software for task tracking and completion. I also really like the availability of a mobile app.

Cons

This software does not do time sheets and does not have resource tacking and risk management portion.

Great software for accomplishing tasks and assignments

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/06/22

Pros

We started using this for weekly meetings and status updates on projects and tasks and has worked out very well.

Cons

Some sorting and filtering could help when searching for tasks. Other than that, it's a gear product.

Chris P.

Great for managers, sometimes poor reception.

Reviewed on 2018/06/13

Pros

Clear tasks with deadlines, can attach project details with each assignment/task so the relevant documents are close to the `to do list

Cons

When a manager assigns a task, that transfer is hard to undo. It is also difficult to track which tasks are large and will take a lot of time, versus small tasks that can be completed quickly.

6.0/10
Wesley P.

My team uses this software to keep up with all the different projects we have going on.

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

Pros

I think this software is a great way to keep updated on projects when a member of our team is working on them. The ability to assign and organize certain projects is very helpful.

Cons

This software can be a little buggy sometimes with the notifications and I am having to search through a lot of different ones. Prioritizing would be beneficial.

Diane S.

I have really enjoyed using Producteev for project management. It was easy to set up and easy to use

Reviewed on 2017/09/07

Pros

I like the ease of set-up and the ease of use. Also, the free version has everything I need in order to keep track of our ongoing projects.

Cons

I haven't found a way to receive reminders once a task has past its deadline. It would be helpful to include this feature so that the projects stay on my radar.

Jamie S.

Cool but lacking

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

I used TopHat for a college class with 55 students. I found it fairly useful for attendance, although I would have liked an option for tardy or late. Questions worked fine, but in general, I found using it more of a burden/time suck. With clickers and other free options, I'm just not sure it is worth the price for the students if they use it for only one class. Also, at times, my students had problems connecting with the site during class.

James S.

One of the top task management applications out there!

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

Producteev has such a fantastic feature set and provides features usually reserved for more feature rich project management applications. Also love the audit trail feature which lets you track changes to a task

Cons

The Paid plan is prhibatively expensive however you get some many features on the free plan that this isnt really too much of an issue. The paid plan only really allows you to white label the site to your branding and provide additional customer support.

Amanda G.

Reviewed on 2016/01/29

Lindsay N.

Great Time Saver

Reviewed on 2017/02/10

Producteev has saved our firm so much time. Each staff member is able to make notes in the same file, so we are not constantly trying to discover the status of each project. I have been able to toss all of my "to do" sticky notes that litter my office, as producteev keeps track of my to-do list in one place.

Pros

ease of use

Cons

so far i have not had any issues with it

Tom K.

Does exactly what it needs to.

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/07/23

Pros

Productive is an excellent piece of software and I really like that there is an application for the Mac too.

Cons

It's a shame there is no Windows app... yet? Also it would be nice to be able to brand the portal with corporate images.

Andrew s

Simplicity overdone

Reviewed on 2014/01/14
Review Source

Easy and simple task manager but I wouldn't use it as a project management tool.

Pros

Easy to use interface, great clarity into tasks and projects.

Cons

No calendar or Gantt chart view. Not able to manage subtasks by assigning them to separate owners from the task owner. Sub-tasks are only one level deep.

Chris H.

Simple and effective

Reviewed on 2017/01/12

Producteev is a great scheduling and task managing app. It's well organized and easy to use. You can access your list via the webpage or through apps built for all of your devices, so it's easy to take your lists with you and update wherever you go

Great task management tool

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/12/24
Review Source

Pros

Great task management tool that we've switched to from trello. We were advised to use Producteev in our team and for now it works great.

Cons

Can't really say that it's better than Trello, for me personally they both work great. I'm just used to using Trello but that's all. It's a great tool.

Anthony J.

This software helped me manage my small software projects schedule.

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

It is easy to use and implement on smalls team projects. Tasks can be laid out easily and be available to team members.

Cons

At first, it would be the cost. But then, it just went offline and decided not to continue for active users.