Glasscubes

Simplify group collaboration in a user-friendly environment

Nick S.

Glasscubes Intranet/CRM - What a find

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

Our experience with Glasscubes has been an extremely positive one since the moment I first spoke to Craig.

He conducted two online presentations, which having sold software for 18 years, I think are some of the best I have had. Clear, concise, informative, in plain english and no hard sell (just let the product do the work for him!).

The implementation and on-boarding process is both intuitive and straight forward with lots of support both from the team and from online content, which is excellent. Nothing is too much trouble for our primary contacts.

Pound for pound, Glasscubes exceeds expectation and I can only imagine will get better and better. Yes there are improvements that can be made but their 'vote for new functionality' that clients can access will enable them to prioritise and gauge what to do next.

We are a team of 13 and the overwhelming feedback has been really positive from the whole company and has made us far more collaborative, centralising all our work and creating a focal point for our company.

I very much look forward to working with Glasscubes for many years to come and if they maintain their standards, they will become a real force in this market and a natural choice for small SMEs.

Pros

- Easy of use
- Breadth of Functionality
- Amazing support
- Great supporting documentation
- Cross platform and device availability

Cons

- would like to see smoother integration with MS Office suite (both on PC and Mac). I appreciate refinements to this process are ongoing. Working on a Mac, it this is slightly clunky but really not a deal breaker in anyway.

Response from Glasscubes

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your review. Just as an update for you, we are currently developing our Microsoft Office 365 integration. We anticipate it being launched towards the end of this quarter.

Best regards,

George S.

Essential Software for Any Remote Team

Reviewed on 2021/03/11

My team has been using Glasscubes for 4 years now to enable us to work across multiple sites while keeping information flowing and having a central place to store our project documents. Glasscubes played a critical role in our business continuity last year when all employees had to work from home at very short notice.

The support available from Glasscubes is exceptional and the platform in constantly in development. Users are encouraged to give feedback to the development team on features which would be useful to implement, and I've personally seen some of my suggestions rolled out across the site.

It has the flexibility to suit teams and businesses of all sizes and I fully recommend Glasscubes to anybody looking for secure, cloud-based filesharing and collaboration solutions.

Pros

The collaboration aspect of Glasscubes is what really makes it stand out, allowing teams to store, edit and share documents across multiple locations and organisations. It integrates perfectly with MS Office and 365 with the recently-added feature to edit online in Office 365.

Cons

Some users can find it challenging to navigate the site at first but this is very easily fixed by a short introduction and training session which we have integrated in the induction process.

Michel W.
  • Industry: Research

Great for collaborative work!

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

Very pleased.

Pros

If you like that Google Docs allows you to collaborate on a shared document--glasscubes offers the same but with many more functionalities. Being able to write directly into a word document, for instance.

Cons

I would like to be able to receive a digest of changes that have occured rather than turning the notification by email on or off.

Response from Glasscubes

Hi Michel,

Thank you for your review and feedback. Just to let you know, you can opt to receive notifications as a daily or weekly summary if you prefer. Here is some more information for you: https://support.glasscubes.com/en/articles/1117746-notification-settings

Best regards,

Mathew B.

Gotta love that Glasscubes!

Reviewed on 2016/07/28

Glasscubes has been a lifesaver for my project management. I use the to do lists and workspace most frequently and it helps to keep my tasks organize and keeps me on track.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and set up. The collaboration features are also top notch. Glasscubes makes it easy to work with my secretary as well. I like the way that tasks are either not started, in process or completed. It makes it easier to keep track of things.

Cons

It needs an iOS app, at least for the to-do list and calendar. Google integration would also be great.

David H.

The online collaboration space that users actually use and embrace.

Reviewed on 2016/06/24

Among all the varieties of online collaboration software that I and the global networks I advise have used to try to build on-going, strong, virtual communication between our users, Glasscubes has been embraced and used more deeply, persistently and effectively than any other platform. Use the dashboard of recently added/changed/commented-upon to discover all the action throughout your Glasscube instance. It's an easy way to stay right on top of all developments. It gives confidence to users that their new contribution won't get lost deep in the site somewhere.

Pros

It has intuitively well-placed modules (dashboard of recent content; very functional workrooms - each with separate document/comments and more; effective tagging; and global search are most-used and appreciated.

Cons

I would find it advantageous for Glasscubes to widen its array of pricing options.

Andre S.
  • Industry: Research

As a scale-up company we have been looking long to find the nearly perfect solution for us.

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

Pros

I really like the clean and lean design of the user interface. It is very responsive and has a unique set of features. In-text search for documents, fully-fledged task management including time and progress tracking are features we really appreciate. The software is cloud hosted which makes it easy to use in-house as well as when travelling. User can be assigned to different roles and permissions can be restricted to certain areas only which makes it ideal to use for collaborating with clients.
Big bonus to a really fast and responsive UI.

Cons

There are a few features we have on out wish list which have not be implemented yet. We would for example like to be able to restrict access to the dashboard to certain users only. Also there is currently no offline file sync tool for mac available.

• Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

Access to and ability to search documents.

Pros

Easy to upload and search documents. Easy for the firm to be split into teams for various functions and communications.

Cons

One automatically 'follows' a post once commenting on a post, it would be ideal to have the option to follow something or not when commenting on someone's comment.

Response from Glasscubes

Hi there,

Thank you for leaving us a review. You mentioned that "it would be ideal to have the option to follow something or not when commenting on someone's comment". FYI, you do have the option to manually follow or unfollow items. In most cases you will want to follow an item that you have commented on so that you will see any other comments that are added to the item. If you would prefer not to receive those type of notifications you can manually unfollow the item.

I hope that helps and thank you for your support.

John F.
  • Industry: Human Resources

First Class

Reviewed on 2020/03/21

Makes multi location team working effortless.

Pros

Glasscubes is a fantastic Platform for our team, the ability to be able to communicate, share folders and files is brilliant. The personalised support that is offered is second to none and I would recommend top anyone without hesitation

Cons

Private messages on the Phone app would be good.

Erin D.

Great for virtual teams

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

Really useful for virtual team working and very user friendly!

Pros

I really like that you edit Microsoft files within this and allow for version control, saves that headache of millions of versions being sent around on emails. I also really like that you can tag people and comment directly on files or draw people's attentions to specific things - again without hundreds of emails going round. Additionally, as I work in a virtaul team with members needing access to various things, I really like how bespoke access can be made per individual.

Cons

Just snagging issues with things such as Desktop Connect crashing, which enables the editting of Microsoft files within the software.

David B.

Satisfied Glasscubes customer

Reviewed on 2016/06/17

We currently run 7 projects, each with at least 8 participants. Glasscubes has been invaluable for document storage and version controls.

Pros

The file management system is very easy to use. Permissions are easy to manage.

Cons

I'd really like to see a process where a file that is used among various projects can be uploaded only once, then shared with other projects. Currently, the same files have to be uploaded for each project.

Reinaldo P.

Excellent application to carry out all types of projects, perfect for teamwork

Reviewed on 2017/06/19

Agility when carrying out projects among peers without needing their physical presence

Pros

The versatility of its functions by allowing to establish a suitable collaborative work environment

Cons

There are cases where the application presents errors, when moving objects inside the sections causing that we have to enter again to the workspace

Ajay prakash D.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Safe and secure platform, hassle free document sharing

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

Regular secure file sharing with clients

Pros

Ease of access, user friendly interface, overall good experience with this platform, can share data in secure mode

Cons

Some times bit slow to load , internet explorer software do not support for folder upload, it asks for different types of JAVA update.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Makes work life easier

Reviewed on 2017/10/26

Makes project working easier and more efficient.

Pros

Makes communicating and sharing documents with colleagues easier. Especially when you want other colleagues to comment on updated documents.

Cons

When a colleague comments on a workspace you're in you get a notification. However, this notification also generates an email. This workspace was suppose to cut back emails, however it seems to create more..

Response from Glasscubes

Hi there,

Thank you for your review. It is possible to control which email notifications the system sends you and how often you receive them. Here are some instruction for you: https://intercom.help/glasscubes/system-notifications/notification-settings

Best

Lucy H.

A great platform for sharing resources but a couple of flaws

Reviewed on 2017/10/11

Pros

The software is quite straightforward to use and doesn't require too much training. Being able to do a search for documents is useful. 'Tagging' colleagues is another good feature which my team use a lot.

Cons

The preview version of Word, Excel and PPT documents doesn't show them properly which means that you always have to download the document to see it properly.

Response from Glasscubes

Hi Lucy,

Thank you for you review and feedback. The way files are previewed in Glasscubes can be adjusted by setting the print preview area before saving and uploading the file. Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need any assistance with that.

Dawn P.

Glass Cubes - Excellent Service

Reviewed on 2018/10/25

Since using Glass cubes our case management systems has improved greatly. From informing staff of issues/information etc to the staff then feeding back. All of this is captured in one place, we have been able to design how we store this information which fits our organisation. Best move we ever made.

Pros

Brilliant for Case management and keeping staff informed. Absolutely fool-proof and ensures our case management system captures all necessary information and is easily accessed under confidential conditions.

Cons

No real cons to this system. It does as much or little as you need.

• Industry: Law Practice

Highly recommended

Reviewed on 2018/10/22

Overall a very positive experience. We only started using Glasscubes a few months ago. Very easy to configure folders and upload content which meant that we were able to organise our data easily. Customer service was great - the Glasscubes team were very helpful and were always on hand to assist with any queries and problems we had.

Pros

Straight forward and clean interface with great customisation options (e.g. adding your own branding). Easy to use and to get people started.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of at the moment.

Jimmy L.

Easy to use, easy to share. Good all round website

Reviewed on 2017/05/03

Pros

Ease of use, ease of revising uploads and sharing with colleagues. Good feature of notifying when uploads have been submitted and revised. Selective alerts for team members.

Cons

User interface is slightly awkward to navigate to files. Alerts for updates can be sent to all users which can be annoying if not relevant to you.

Mark S.
  • Industry: Machinery

Great System

Reviewed on 2020/11/13

I have just started using Glass Cubes and have so far found the platform easy to navigate and much more user friendly than sharepoint that I previously used. Online support and video support have been excellent.

Pros

This system is easy to navigate and straightforward to drag and drop files straight to the required folder.

Cons

I am relatively new to this platform and have not yet come across any negative points.

Alistair C.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2020/07/01

Excellent

Pros

We are a small charity and after a search we selected Glasscubes to hols all our data to support working from home. It has been a good decision, they have been prompt to assist when asked and our non-technical users have managed to access information reasonably easily across multiple devices.

Cons

The product does what the company said and It does what we need so no cons

Payal M.
  • Industry: Public Policy
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Manage your work like a pro using Glasscubes

Reviewed on 2020/08/16

My experience has been good and I'd describe Glasscubes as an awesome tool for large projects like the One Ocean Hub!

Pros

I can easily have access to the files/documents without opening Google drive or Dropbox and instead of emailing, I can just write a comment to bring attention to other stakeholders/co-workers.

Cons

At the moment, I did not find much to critique about, so I have no comments for now!

Non-tech Reviewer

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

I like being notified when a new post is made, helps me keep up-to-date. I have had no problem uploading files. I find it user friendy to navigate and easily find what I am looking for.

Pros

I like the drop down menu, the ease of adding file folders and uploading documents

Cons

At first glance it appears overwhelming and complicated, but once you play around in it, it isn' that way at all.

Emma H.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Mainly good - the more you use it the easier it gets! Accessible and easy to navigate.

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

Multiple - sharing, communicating, collaborating.

Pros

It can form the central focus for staff working remotely as well as internally, which suits our team well. Documents can be uploaded and saved quickly and easily. Particularly helpful for collaboration on projects and a great way of communicating to a large team using the intranet facility. Helpful for storing and sharing information in addition to being secure via use of the permissions facility, which is vital. Perfect for a team working in multiple locations to feel united in working towards the same goal.

Cons

Getting to grips with something new can sometimes prove a little daunting...other than that I have had no problems with Glasscubes.

Emmanuel m M.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Good alternative to monday.com

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Pros

Only use this if you are looking for an alternative to monday.com otherwise stick to monday.com . Period.

Cons

The team package does not have good options for the price asked for but well, its business.

Duran S.
  • Industry: Higher Education

For the price it's the best software

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

It is so inexpensive for even the smallest businesses.
It has so many functions it can do anything you need

Cons

All the features make it difficult for you I fully grasp in the beginning but the features become one of its bemiggest assets

Dee O.

Great software for small agencies!

Reviewed on 2018/10/01

Really great software. We're a small agency and it works really well for us task management-wise. The customer support is great too!

Pros

Ability to collate all tasks in one online place that is accessible on any device.

Cons

The file sharing can be a little clumpy.