I work for a leading Media and Entertainment company where comscore is widely used.
This helps us in bench marking number of video views among our different TV channels/Brands.
I feel that you must need Adobe or conviva along with Comscore.
We use comscore because it is something widely accepted in the market to analyze or benchmark your numbers with other organizations.
In case your are looking for more and more in house data to be collected, you can never get that using comscore.
1. Ease of implementing comscore Analytics
2. Video Analytics tracking of comscore is good
3. Used as benchmark tracking tool for competition among various companies
4. Widely used
5. For developers and QA teams, it is comparatively easy to test and fix any defects in the implementation
1. Does not provide much variables to collect data in comparison to Adobe and Conviva
2. Data collection with comscore is very limited
3. Can not be used as a standalone Analytics tracking tool, instead can be used as a supporting tool for your overall Analytics needs.
Provides valuable information when planning media campaigns
It takes some time to pull multiple reports to uncover valuable information that can guide planning decisions
We're still pretty new to this platform but so far it's been good. The data available is great (once you're able to figure out how to pull the right reports). Customer service has been pretty good so far!
not super easy to use and takes a bit of time to get used to and figure out how to pull specific reports
Reporting dashboards are great, lots of ways to analyze site reach
Not the easiest tool to use; requires some training
I love the data that this software provide. It allows me to show my clients numbers and figures that are raw.
There are a lot of options for different reports that can be explained better or merged.
Likelihood to recommend
Comscore is easy to use once you get the hang of it. It is a popular software and therefore is known industry wide. It is a useful tool when media planning based on reach/ frequency to get apples to apples comparisons. Comscore is useful when pulling competitive reports.
It would be nice if the data was updated regularly and more accurately.