dotdigital Engagement Cloud

Omnichannel customer engagement platform.

Sean D.

Works great for my marketing team!

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

This is the end all be all of email campaign management for my medium sized company. We use Dot Digital every single day to track our new leads and put them through our nurture cycle. I can whole heartedly say that without this platform my marketing team would be lost. If you are looking for a way to manage your address books and email campaigns this is where you should stop your search.

Pros

The ability to track your email campaigns
Super easy to use overall
Ranking leads by email engagement has been critical to our business
The ability to export the lists to Excell make marketing meetings a breeze
Really great for managing address books and targeting segments

Cons

When you export the data to excel it exports the file to a .csv by default and in this scenario it is possible that you will lose data more often than if the file were exported as .xls file. However, this seems like a very simple fix and may simply be dependent upon user preference and the software your company works with outside of Dot Digital.

Mackenzie G.
  • Industry: Insurance

Have not used to the full extent, but full of capabilities

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Pros

The most used function of dotmailer for our organization currently is the automation. Using Facebook primarily for leads, it is nice that we can link up these systems to hit leads in their email right when we get them. We are going to start using dotmailer for newsletters and such, but this requires a little more learning on their site which I have just not had time to do yet. I do like designing emails in dotmailer, and once you have a basic format, it is pretty seamless.

Cons

It does take a little time to learn. We originally got dotmailer because it was recommend by a consultant we were working with. We are no longer working with this consultant, so the system was passed onto me. Since I was not working with it in the beginning, there was a learners curve in adjusting to a new email system. I have not yet set up our website leads to automatically go into the dotmailer system as it seems like this can be a process that might take a little more time. I wish dotmailer paired a little easier with CRMs and other sites, such as word press, just to save a little time.

James M.

Overall, I personally enjoy Dotmailer's interface and functionalities. I think it is easy to...

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

Pros

- Dotmailer's drag and drop functions
- Segments are easy to use
- Easy Landing Page editing
- Easy survey creation
- Speed has increased since I started using it nearly 2 years ago
- Customer support is fantastic

Cons

- There are many bugs. Many times when editing text from the design interface, the text spacing will be thrown off.
- I also strongly dislike the new 18one release. The percentages are not rounded unless you compare them with another campaign. I think that the number of emails delivered should be under the number of emails sent. Soft bounces and hard bounces are not as easy to find. When you click "view more" under any field in the "At a glance" menu, it just takes you to a list of people which I don't think is very useful.
- Landing page reporting tab doesn't really show you any report, just number of views
- I personally would like to see a functionality where you could see test send history so you can see who has been a sent a test and when they were sent.

Stephanie G.
  • Industry: Sports

It's only as powerful as your ability to use it

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

Originally, we thought it was terrible. We wanted to quit and felt it was too expensive. Oddly - and by accident - we found where all of these people were signing up to subscribe to our newsletter and we didn't know it. We are small and reliant on one person to know how to do those things and it was eye opening for us. As soon as we figured out what was going on, both my husband and I began to play with it a little more and enjoyed coming up with campaigns and ideas. The power is really knowing the ins and outs of the application.

Pros

For us (small online retailer), we love the ability to craft targeted emails based on what the customer is buying or is sitting in their cart. We were also able to use it to ask customers for business and product reviews.

Cons

I would like the Segment creation to be a little more intuitive. If I want to send a targeted group of customers an email to remind them to review, the field you use is confusing and you can just say - pick x group who purchased 7 days ago, you have to do something like 7 days but exclude those 6 days or fewer. I was also using last purchase date as suggested by support but when I spoke to our account manager it was a completely different field.

Fielding P.

Great

Increase in orders

Pros

Flexibility, ease of use. Drag and drop editor makes it easy to get new people up and running with making email content for us. Program builder is pretty sick also.

Cons

Currently? I want the WebInsights record to track the ID of the products viewed, and give me a DM variable to get with an Magento2 EDC link soooo i can send dynamic browser abandonment emails like the big boys. Trying to come with with a hacky way to do this... but keep running into road blocks.

Sean T.

Very pleasent

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

Pros

easy to use email design feature. I can design and personalize my emails without the support of a creative department.

Cons

testing features. I would like to perform a 50/50 split on the entire mailing effort. Dotmailer only has an A/B test split up to a certain percentage, then the winning effort is sent to remainder of list. I know there are ways around this but they are not convenient. Give an option to split 100% of the entire list.

• Industry: Machinery

Excellent Experience!

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

Pros

Easy to use and made our business move at a lightning pace. We increased conversion beyond what we ever had done in the past.

Cons

Updating contact lists can be cumbersome. It would be much easier if we could just make mass update to contact lists without having to export and re-import them. For example, if you upload a list of Joe's contacts and then want them to all be individually tagged with Jane instead, you would have to export The List, change everyone's rep to Jane, and then import The List again.

Jeff M.
  • Industry: Furniture

Much easier to use than our previous email editor and the Preview options are a great help to...

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

It made creating email campaigns much easier.

Pros

Ease of use and Preview functions. The editor's drag and drop function is quick and easy to assemble a campaign from scratch. The in-program image editor allows for quick resizing and tweaking of individual images, without the need to export to an external program and re-import the re-edited image. Customer support has been great!

Cons

Limited font point sizes (without going into the html code). There is no place to add notes or comments about a campaign when sending a test to someone.

Eric S.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Very easy to use, don't ned to understand HTML.

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

Pros

The drag and drop widget-like tool to create blasts. Creating segments for contacts is very easy and follows almost a SQL like coding

Cons

Load times can be a bit long. There are a few workarounds that I've had to implement to accomplish certain dynamic content.

Mike S.

Dotmailer provides us with great for delivery. It's a critical tool for our business.

Reviewed on 2017/09/27

Pros

The two things we find most valuable:
1. Deliverability. We trust many of our best campaigns to Dotmailer.
2. Reporting. We get great reporting that helps us run our campaigns.

Colton K.

Dotmailer Review 2018

Reviewed on 2018/08/24

Pros

-Ease of use
-Mostly works well with related platforms
-Clearly displays information

Cons

-Email builder is template-focused and not efficient or as user friendly if your creatives are designed externally
-Certain default options (automatically applying padding to every image block inserted into an email, for example) make setting up emails tedious and more time consuming and can't be turned off.
-Asset gallery in the email builder has poor UX -- there are visual glitches and creating and organizing folders / organizing assets is not intuitively designed. You are also unable to see the full name of each asset.--Project managers have been generally unhelpful in rectifying issues regarding the email builder.

Great Software, needs to be more user friendly

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

Dotmail is overall a good email software to use, a few logistical setbacks.. but nothing that can't be overcome.

Pros

Dotmailer is a onestop shop for all your email campaigns. The organization of the software helps to keep all contacts and campaigns in order, while still making everything easy to find. Although very user friendly, I have run into minor glitches

Cons

The option to build the entire email using code makes it difficult for the average user to create an email campaign. However, There are other ways to do it. One other set back is the time it takes for customer care to respond to any ticket you submit, response time isn't always great.

Audra H.

For the most part all has gone well although billing has been a HUGE problem.

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

Our benefit is that it integrates with SalesForce so we are able to constantly update our contacts.

Pros

I like the ease of building emails and the tutorials are very helpful. I also like the integration with SalesForce when it works.

Cons

We have issues being able to preview or use jpg images with dotmailer. As long as I upload png files, it works fine. No one is able to figure out why. I also don't like that there isn't a document library that you can get to without going through a link. I would be able to organize my documents much better if we could get to it like we can the image library.

Aaron M.

Dotmailer + Magento = Perfect Match

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

We have integrated it into Magento for abandoned carts, newsletter subscriptions, welcome programs, and other automated email marketing initiatives.

Pros

I love that I can integrate it directly into Magento and strategically build campaigns based on the customer and order data within my eCommerce store.

Cons

I'd have to say paying for data storage. Magento can become very large, and storing the information with Dotmailer is pricey.

Justin T.

It's been good so far. Dotmailer has been able to fulfill our need.

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

Pros

It's easy to set up campaigns. Even for someone with minimal coding knowledge. The platform has some flexibility so we can get creative to fulfill certain actions that would not have been possible on another platform.

Cons

Just the email send limitation. It's a bit of a nuisance to keep track of the number of emails we send out and increasing our limit is very costly.

Jennifer L.

Easy, seamless

Reviewed on 2017/10/19

Pros

The ease of use! Such an intuitive platform. I also love all the people I work with at dotmailer (account manager, support help, etc.)

• Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Good and IMPROVING

Reviewed on 2018/08/24

The updates to the software allow us to easily capture client data and to automate the more tedious parts of email communications.

Pros

I like the ease of reporting and content building.

Cons

It is not well organized and makes it somewhat difficult for our design team to manage certain tasks. That being said, the CS team is quite wonderful and it is clear that the company is making strides towards a more robust offering for its clients.

• Industry: Graphic Design

Mediocre- incredible customer service, but frustrated with the reporting

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

Pros

Customer service is exceptional! I rarely wait on hold and my problem is always answered quickly and efficiently. I have been very impressed with the relational role your company plays in our business.

Cons

Reporting isn't very effective. It based very numerically rather than by percentage. For example, if I sent 100 emails last month and 30 were opened and this month I sent 50 and 20 were opened, it tells me that my opens decreased. While less emails were open, the percent is much higher, so it should indicate growth not a decrease.

Theresa K.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Best automation solution especially for the $$$

Reviewed on 2018/09/18

They have a great on-boarding process and team supporting the launch/transition. When issues have come up they are very quick to resolve them.

Pros

Integrations with Dynamics CRM + Magento and an open API. They are also the ONLY platform to allow you to test the solution before making a decision. THAT WAS KEY!

Cons

The integration with dotmailer was determined by a field we don't use and you can't change the field mapping for the Bulk Emails.

• Industry: Automotive

dotmailer has allowed us to very easily automate our email marketing

Reviewed on 2017/12/02

Pros

It's highly intuitive and feature rich. The on the fly editing capabilities tied into the template builder opened up time which could be spent on creating better content. The robust analytics add a cherry on top by allowing us ready dig into the results and see if we're meeting our KPIs.

Cons

it would be nice to have a few more templates to choose from but their custom design service makes up for it.

Ryan R.

Functionality is pretty good but have had a few unresolved issues where work arounds were...

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

We were able to send strategic and successful automated email campaigns to engage our customer base. We were able to design cleaner and more attractive templates than we have ever had before.

Pros

Ease of use and template designer. Ease of contact and segment management. Support was always ready and willing to help even if they could not resolve issue. Pricing is very affordable for what you get as well.

Cons

No way to track ROI, for our account at least. Issues with Outlook 13 and Outlook web compatibility.

Michael K.

Robust email marketing offering with a good Salesforce integration. But some setup can be...

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

Pros

I like the ability to link directly to a Salesforce campaign to track my recipients. Email design and build is intuitive.

Cons

The setup of new users and connection to their Salesforce account is a cryptic set of steps that is often frustrating. Also, the amount of Email Sent Summaries data dumped into Salesforce is enormous and there is no way to manage it.

Scott L.

So far, so good!

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

Easy of use, ahead of the pack automation
No cons so far, client has been very happy with the recent ramp up of their email program. Recently launched their new website, and switched from another email service provider

Pros

Easy to use, great automation workflow building, solid reporting, good integration with Magento backend

Stephen H.

I use dotmailer frequently to run campaigns for my accessories store.

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

Pros

Ease of use, ease of use, ease of use. This is the easiest to use ESP I have come across with the amount of functionality they have packed in. I run many personalized campaigns that pull dynamic content from my website's product pages and I've seen a ~ 15% improvement in clickthroughs. Automations are solid; the editors are great, and the landing page builder is similar to the template builder covering all the tools I need. Very happy customer.

Cons

The pages can take a bit of time to load when you're toggling between the different feature buttons.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Fort Lauderdale Médium/Large Busines

Reviewed on 2018/11/23

Pros

Price, GUI & Feature Set all bundled into one easy to use software.

Cons

Primarily the switching between sub accounts but this has very little impact more just about ease of use.