Expensify Reviews

Automated expense management

4.2/5 (19 reviews)

Expensify Honest Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Overall experience has been great. I love from a user experience how easy it can be to submit expenses and receive a reimbursement. From an administrators perspective it can be a real pain going through everyone's expenses and sometimes correcting them yourself.

Pros

I have a love hate relationship with Expensify. First with the positive, I love how I am able to expense items through the company and receive a refund in a relatively short amount of time. I love how you're easily able to take pictures of receipts and collect new expenses. Overall, a straightforward easy to use application.

Cons

Being on the administrator side as well the categories are an incredible pain. For the most part it is straight forward but from experience I've had so many instances where I reject expenses from the team because they are not categorized correctly. This take up so much of my bandwidth during my day when it really shouldn't be. I wish there was a simpler way to automate categories but as of right now it has been reeducating the team on which expenses so into which category.

Tom M.

Makes one of the dreaded things that you hate to do for work (expense reports) super easy!

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Makes getting my expensise reprts done so much quicker and easier

Pros

Easy to uplaod reciepts. Love the ability to make a purchase, take a picture of the reciept, uplaod the picture and being able to get rid of recipet and not have a ton of recipets filling up my wallet when I travel is AWESOME!

Cons

The milage app is good but could be imroved if it saved default address that I frequently use so I don't alys have to type in the same address for my milages.

Excellent and very convenient too

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

I have been using Expensify for years now. Find it very simple to use (I mainly use it from the mobile) and can export the data easily (which I do from my laptop)

Pros

It is very simple to use. Can be customised and you can export the data very easily which makes it awesome. Also the mobile client is perfect for sales people who are on the move.

Cons

Nothing much. I am very happy with the product

Norman david A.

Recommend this to all small businesses

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

I use this every day to track all my business expenses.

Pros

Best way to track expenses for small business.

Cons

Wish it transcribed more receipts for free.

Mike W.

Expensify Simplifies Expense Reimbursements

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

We are saving time on expenses and we are able to spend more time serving customers. it makes perfect sense!

Pros

I love that Expensify enables the picture taking to create the expense and interpret what that picture says. That is software saving me time versus having to manually enter things like many expense reimbursement apps.

Cons

I believe you should be able to edit expenses even if it is not on a report. Editing should be available no matter what the context.

Jackson H.

Expensify - A great and easy way to track

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Pros

The simplicity that Expensify brings is more than any other software out there. Hands down the best to use and the most simple solution to solving a headache of keeping track of expenses and receipts etc.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to learn more about Expensify before having to sign up on the website and give all of your information to them beforehand.

Joshua L.

Took some getting used to, but does its job just fine

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Pros

I like that my expenses show up automatically for myself and my employees. If I go to the main page with tasks to complete, It basically walks you through the process to make sure you have everything filled out the way it should be.

Cons

The new marketing campaign is weird but doesn't affect the product. What I probably like least is that I don't have any sort of alerts or reminders set up to tell me when to check the expenses or when I have stuff needing my attention. In all fairness, this may be an option I can set up, but I have not found it.

Nicolaos K.

great expense tracking tool

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

easy to use and synchronises across all your devices

Cons

it takes a while to synchronise. don't get why reports have to lock the expenses down automatically

Does the job, easy enough for employees

Reviewed on 2018/12/22

Pros

Simple enough to use (to submit expenses) for its core use case. Add a photo, pick a category, and click submit.

Cons

In order to officially submit an expense, it has to be bundled into a "report". This process is really unclear, and generally random expenses get bundled into random reports. Each expense should just be independently.

Tarini S.

Easy to use but not very compliance driven

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Pros

Ease of use is incomparable. App and desktop site.

Cons

The major con is that the audit trail is very poor and the in-built controls by expensify are not good enough for a compliance driven company

Suah K.

Expensify Ease of Usability

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Expensify allows users to quickly expense any reports needed. It's fast as we don't want to spend hours expensing our business travels, etc. The ability for the smart scan, do multiple expenses at once and quick field selections make it a seamless process.

Pros

Everything is clear and concise. Without much guidance, any user is able to do what the software is intended, which is to submit expense reports to get it approved. The best feature of this software are the different options to submit receipts.

Cons

There's not much tool tips or guidance throughout the application for a quick one-liner of what each filed is required as some terminology can be misleading.

Liz H.

DUMPED THE USE OF

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

IT WAS A CHORE WEEKLY TO ACCOUNT FOR ALL CHARGES, THE APPROVAL PROCESS WAS TEDIOUS AND PICS NOT EASY TO VIEW ON SCREEN. WE GOT RID OF IT AS IT WAS MORE WORK FOR ME AS THE ACCOUTANT THAN WAS WORTH.

Pros

REPS COULD UP LOAD A PIC OF THE RECEIPT
ABILITY TO NOTATE BUSINESS USE ON EXPENSES
SPLIT TICKETS FOR EACH TYPE EXPENSE

Cons

DOWNLOAD DOES NOT FUNCTION AS I ASSUMMED I COULD USE FOR ENTEREING OR UPLOADING TO ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE.
APPROVAL PROCESS IS NOT AS EASY OF A FEATURE.
HAD TO PRINT OUT PICTURES THAT WAS NOT A VERY GOOD TOOL WOULD PRINTOUT ANY ATTACHED DOCS ON THE PIC.

COSTLY.

Marisa K.

Save so much time

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Pros

I like the mobile app -- it makes submitting expenses so easy. Although the desktop version is also really easy to use as well.

Cons

While the interface is easy to navigate, it can get a bit confusing between expenses and reports to group expenses under.

Great way to manage company wide daily expenses and reimbursements!

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

Expensify requires a company-wide commitment, a great tool that significantly increases the efficiency of the finance teams!

Pros

It's a streamlined way to log expenses from employees to their managers and allocate these costs to the right department budget etc and enables timely reimbursement.

Cons

Some of the forms can be confusing and not as straightforward or intuitive as one would imagine. There are also quite a lot of steps to submit an expense, so the user expeirnece has room for imporvement.

Fun, easy expense reporting tool

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

Pros

I appreciate how easy and straightforward Expensify is. At my previous company we used Concur, but I find Expensify more delightful and intuitive. I appreciate how you can easily drag and drop receipts, and it will scan them to fill in the relevant information. I appreciate how it emails me progress updates.

Cons

The smart scanning can take a while sometimes...

Dave A.

Perfect for tracking business expenses

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/08/29

High quality, works well. Highly recommended if you managed business expenses in quickbooks.

Pros

I love that everything integrates into quickbooks. Our employees can use their business cards and directly submit expenses on their phones.

Cons

No real cons. The service is an additional cost, but it saves us time and money since we no longer have to manually enter things into quickbooks.

Calin H.

Expensify Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

Pros

The app is convenient and easy to use for the most part. It's very simple to set up which is nice. Being able to log reciepts just by taking pictures of them is great.

Cons

The app can be a little slow at times, but that's a small concern.

Trevor D.

Takes the pain out of reimbursements

Reviewed on 2018/09/11

Pros

Very user friendly and intuitive. Expensify makes reimbursements quick and easy.

Cons

I have no cons for expensify. It makes getting reimbursed very easy.

Barb R.