iScout

Environmental health and safety (EHS) management software

4,8
4,9
4,6
4,7
Shannon T.

User friendly

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

Utilization of this program has eliminated hundreds of hours of administrative tracking and filing.

Pros

The ease of use for employees of all levels and backgrounds, as well as compatibility between iOS and Android platforms.

Cons

The form building process can be a bit tedious. The forms do not auto save as you go.

Response from iScout

Thanks for the review, Shannon. We value your feedback.

Wesley M.

Simple, yet powerful

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

Our overall experience has been great. The onboarding process was extremely easy with the resources provided. Customer support has been above and beyond, and there are new features added on a regular basis that continue to add value to the platform.

Pros

The best part of this software is how easy it is to use for both the end user, and the developer. New forms can be made quickly and deployed within minutes. The interface is straightforward and is easy to use for all of our employees. The controls are intuitive and it has helped our company streamline our processes and data collection.

Cons

One of the things I liked the least were some of the barriers between sections within the platform. For example, we were unable to link forms to training records, however that has been recently changed! Otherwise, there are no real complaints about the system.

Response from iScout

Thanks for the feedback Wes.

Dara S.

End user friendly

Good so far.

Pros

Lots of options for different inspections. Can build your own items and user end is easy to operate.

Cons

Ability to print multiple different qr codes at one time and would like to see the availability to edit or add multiple items at one time instead of item by item.

Response from iScout

Thank you for the feedback, Dara.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Jennifer H.

Good, Dependable Software

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

Overall, iScout has been a very helpful tool for congregating all of our inspections/forms/reports that are filled out on a day-to-day basis.

Pros

iScout is one of the easiest programs to manage. Whether you're building new forms, or pulling results of forms submitted, it is all very user friendly.

Cons

I wish parts of the software could be a little more sophisticated. The question fields are pretty basic, not for collecting in depth, intricate data. It's really designed to just be an electronic form tool, not a robust data collection software. I also wish there was a little more on the analytical side with the trending, it only allows you pull to trends on each individual field. Building analysis reports really has to be done outside of iScout.

Chase C.

Excellent Safety Management Software

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

iScout has been a game changer in our safety culture. It has improved our incident reporting and the ability to make training material more readily available.

Pros

the functionality from admin to user roles. The automatic updates to the safety training topics for 20/20 lessons are a tremendous help in rolling out training subjects in a timely manner

Cons

Believe that there are stronger training topics that could be rolled out in a quicker time frame

Response from iScout

Thanks Chase. We value your feedback about iScout and our training content.

Scott M.

Versatility

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

We are extremely satisfied with the value that iScout has brought to our business. We are constantly finding new ways to streamline our processes by using this product.

Pros

The versatility of iScout to blend into every discipline of the organization. Making many processes paperless and real-time!

Cons

Having to create additional lists to drill down in creating forms/processes.

Response from iScout

Thanks Scott. We appreciate the review.

Craig C.

Rudy Construction

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

Our company really enjoys iScout. It’s easy to use, and is a great asset to us

Pros

How easy it is to use, and customize. The app for phone is very easy to use. 20/20 training is a very nice asset as well.

Cons

It would be nice if you could download charts from the data that is entered.

Response from iScout

Thanks for the review, Craig.

Joyce R.

Changing Safety Culture Using Technology

Reviewed on 2020/07/22

When I review our lagging indicators, the impact of focusing on the leading indicators is evident in the 75% reduction in our total recordable incident rate. On average, I review 850 reports each month, including JSA’s, observations and inspections as soon as they are completed and submitted in the field.

Information sharing is improved, and risks are reduced for employees in the field through the speed of knowledge transfer. Our customers prefer the reports through iScout for the clean format and the quick turnaround when requested.

iScout gives us the ability to provide unlimited access to numerous resources that are available to our employees, including access to our updated standard operating guidelines.

An employee will choose to use a tool that is user-friendly with proven results of increased safety.

I have recommended this software numerous times without reservation. Our company also won the prestigious North Dakota Petroleum Council award based on the use of technology in safety.

Pros

The iScout safety software provides a platform to manage a fully integrated safety system for our employees. The system provides the ability to manage reporting and training, along with equipment management. The oil and gas industry has begun to focus on using leading indicators when working towards safety excellence. A safety approach that is easy to use equals increased participation by all employees and will ultimately lead to the success of the program.

Cons

Challenges with the implementation of the program were training on iScout due to our remote work sites, technology challenges such as internet connectivity, and changing the mindset of the older oil and gas worker to adapt to real time technology.

All of our workers prefer the technology over previously used paper forms once they understood how easy the system is to operate. There have been no issues with the software, simply challenges with implementation to the field worker.

Response from iScout

Thanks for the feedback, Joyce!

Lauren L.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Awesome tool that is flexible and intuitive! Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

Overall, our experience with iScout has been excellent! I cannot say enough about their customer service and the flexibility of their software!

Pros

There are so many features that I love! A few of the top features are:
- Acknowledgement feature. You can send out an acknowledgement that includes attachments and a short message to all your employees in just a few quick seconds! It pushes to their smartphone and also email! Very customizable, you can even request a signature!
- 2020 Training Platform. iScout offers so much flexibility when it comes to creating training lessons that we have been able to utilize this tool for all our internal HR training. We can load our own slides, add voiceover files, videos, etc. They even have a built in quiz feature and automated narration. Reporting is a breeze for training too.
- Forms. We utilize forms for many different purposes. From the HR perspective, we have built out Onboarding checklists that managers use as a guide to help them onboard new employees. You can customize a form in just about any way to meet your needs! love the flexibility!

Additionally, iScout is extremely intuitive from an employee perspective! Nothing is hard to find and you can easily access everything you need!

Lastly, the customer service at iScout is amazing! Out of all the software we use, they by far offer the highest level of customer service and go out of there way to meet your needs!

Cons

I do not have anything that I could recommend they change.

Response from iScout

Thanks Lauren! We value your feedback.

John F.

John Fontenot - VP HSE - Conquest LLC

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

IScout has allowed Conquest to seamlessly create, manage, store, revise and retrieve every aspect of our HSE Management System. Of all programs I previously use with previous companies, IScout is the most simplistic and user friendly while presenting the most professional formatted operating system to date.

Pros

The simplicity and user friendliness of the software.

Cons

Unable to customize and tailor cosmetics of reports. Most reports look identical to each other.

Response from iScout

Thanks for the feedback, John.

Charles D.

iScout Review

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

Overall I like iScout. It's so much better than keeping track of items in multiple spreadsheets. The reports that can be generated from it are great because we can see what's trending whether it be positive or negative. The customer service is great and quick to reply when I have a question or concern.

Pros

The mobile app is easy to use and navigate, especially for our field personnel. Filling out forms/reports and submitting them is relatively simple. If no cell service is available at the time a report is submitted from the field it will automatically update and submit the form when service becomes available. I like that I can create my own forms and tailor them to our company's needs.

Cons

I can think of two things that I have always found lacking with iScout via a desktop computer.

1. The inability to click on "previous" and "next" when reviewing reports one after the other. These would make for much easier navigation. When I do go "back" I have to start from the beginning with all the reports listed and scroll to the one I want. It takes me back to the top of the list and the report I need could be on page 4. This can be very time consuming.

2. I think the "search" ability is lacking. I have found on occasion that when I put in key word (e.g. facility or location name) or date I get zero results back. I notice this when I attempt to search for old incident reports that I know have been submitted because I have old emails but they don't show up in my seach results.

Response from iScout

Thanks for the feedback, Charles.

Brandon S.

Select Review

Reviewed on 2020/07/23

Overall I have been pleased with iScout particularly the 2020 lessons that can be created. This has allowed our department to convert virtually all of our traditionally required, instructor led courses into electronic and digital versions that can be completed by employees without having to reschedule trainings, make up missed trainings, etc. All of our safety meetings, onboarding training, and compliance training is accessible electronically and is available 24/7 for our employees.

Pros

In my role, I like the ease of use to develop and create new trainings for our employees. Training is vital for our employees and iScout has given me the ability to convert current trainings into electronic versions of them for employees to complete. Additionally, we are exploring the option of going totally electronic and digital for the onboarding of new hires at Select Energy Services and having the ability to customize training via 2020 is allowing us to make this a reality. I also like the ability it allows me to schedule and assign designated trainings for certain locations, lines of business, etc.

Cons

Currently, I do not have any cons concerning this software. As issues are presented I work close with the development team and we have developed ways to resolve any issues that I had.

Response from iScout

We appreciate your feedback, Brandon.

Matthew C.

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

The overall experience has been outstanding. Customer support is probably the best i have ever dealt with. A big thanks to the IScout team for what they have created.

Pros

Going from old paper document where it could take anywhere from two days to a week to receive a field report, to having immediate access. We have saved tons of time. And the forms can be customized in just about anyway you can imagine.

Cons

The training feature we have just recently started using on a wide scale due to COVID 19 and it has been an excellent tool. However, It can be cumbersome. It would be nice if the system had a calendar built in similar to the outlook calendar to help build in when certain training's get kicked out and to set reminders to me as to when a training is going to be available. I am talking specifically from a administrator stand point. You can assign training and have them sent out on a certain date no problem, I am talking more specifically about a calendar to open similar to outlook to see monthly and yearly what training is coming up. We are new to using the training portion of this so it may be that we not made it this far yet.

Response from iScout

Thanks for the review Matthew, we value your feedback.

Caden W.

Iscout System

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

iScout has been fantastic for us and all of our clients. We use this system daily and never really run into any major problems. It is very easy to use and the customer service is perfect if you do run into any issues. it truly can make a difference in the companies safety expectations, and culture that it may be trying to enhance. Wonderful system and would recommend every single time to anyone who may ask about it.

Pros

It is very easy to use. I recommend it to anyone I come in contact with who may ask for a system like what iScout offers. The things you can do with it for your company is fantastic. I have not seen a system that can offer what iScout can offer.

Cons

I have yet to really run into an issue with iscout that is something that negative to remember. If anything, I would like the ability to be able to import multiple photos in the forms we use during our audits. Right now you have to select one and then go back in to select another. That is really the only negative I could come up with.

Response from iScout

Thanks for the review, Caden. We value the feedback.

James M.

iScout Review

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

Pros

The ability to combine the tasks of safety training, record keeping and document storage in a single application is more than valuable. Additionally, the ability for all employees to access via mobile device has greatly improved response time.

Cons

Reports can be hard to build until the format has been learned.

Response from iScout

We appreciate your review, James.

Jeanna K.
Industry: Oil & Energy

iScout - It's a "Win" "Win"

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

The iScout software has helped with capturing data and reporting in one system. We have been able to eliminate multiple subscriptions and management our data and reporting with a few clicks. The Customer Success Team has definitely made the experience worth while. I'd like to give a big "Thank You" to the Team.

Pros

There are many features that I found impactful with the iScout software as I have implemented several other systems. I'll start with the ease of "Getting Started" that included 11 tasks to setup our account. These tasks were assigned to me with step by step instructions. The iScout app has been instrumental with helping our employees that work in the field, complete required regulatory training. And extremely easy for the employees to navigate through.

Cons

With every software, there are items that one would like to change or add. iScout is continuously making improvements and adding new features.

Response from iScout

Thanks Jeanna, we value your feedback.

Richard G.
Industry: Telecommunications

Great Compliance Management Tool

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

Injury and vehicle collision reporting are almost instantaneous with the forms available via a smart phone. Just about everything safety related is housed in one easy to access location that can be updated and distributed company-wide in minutes.

Pros

The system is extremely user-friendly and you can customize everything to suit your needs. Their are plenty of form templates covering a variety of areas to choose from which are very easy to customize or you can build your own. You can track all of your training and certifications in one area and set expiration alerts to the certification holder and management. The best feature is that all of our safety policies, procedures and guidelines as well as a host of other information is accessible to every employee, anywhere via their smart phone.

Cons

Although pulling data for reports is fairly easy, the graphing capabilities are limited and cannot be cut and pasted into custom reports.

Response from iScout

Thanks for the feedback, Richard.

Harris M.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

iScout the only way to go

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

Started working with iScout about a year ago building forms for hazard hunts and onsite hazard mitigation. The system has done everything we have thrown at it.

Pros

easy to use, costumer support, all the training videos

Cons

the inability to customize the dashboard

Response from iScout

Thanks for the review, Harris. We are working on a customizable dashboard update.

Mike B.

Easy and Effective

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

IScout has made it simpler to find documents to conduct internal and external audits. Multiple resources can be pulled from business units anywhere in the country from one desktop.

Pros

The ability for all employees to have access to necessary forms at their fingertips at a reasonable cost makes IScout invaluable to us. The ease of navigation fits even the most untrained persons. After an uncomplicated build and help from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team, our employees could find their forms, equipment, policies and procedures quickly and easily.

Cons

The only difficulty is placing items in folders that are easily understood. This is simply a training and practice issue that is easily solved.

Response from iScout

Mike, thank you for leaving a review.

Andrea C.
Industry: Education Management

The sky is the limit with iScout!

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

Pros

There are countless features within iScout that I can rave about, but one of the most helpful features for me as a business owner is the ability to receive reports and updates regularly to my email inbox. For example, I receive an emailed pdf report every Thursday showing me which drills and inspections are up to date and which ones are overdue. This gives me peace of mind and helps me manage my business with little effort! I can instantly take action if needed to ensure the drills and inspections are completed right away if they show up as overdue.

Cons

This really isn't a con...the sky really is the limit with iScout! There are so many features and options for customization, which makes it a bit overwhelming. The customer service is OUTSTANDING, and iScout has been incredibly helpful breaking it down for us to help us get started. We are working through one section at a time to build it out and make it work for our needs.

Response from iScout

Andrea, thank you for writing a review.

Stacy S.

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

We are currently working our COVID-19 screening procedure using the iScout system. It's easy for our supervisor to utilize every shift.

Pros

App-based and easy to use on a daily basis. It's simply to train employees how to utilize the system. Also very easy to navigate through the system.

Cons

I think the price is a little high for the training modules side of it.

Response from iScout

Thank you for the feedback Stacy.

Rodney W.
Industry: Government Administration
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great Software

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

Pros

User friendly and very easy to customize.

Cons

Dashboard could be a little more customizable.

Response from iScout

Thanks Rodney. We are working on improvements to the dashboard and will let you know when to expect the update.

Phillip C.
Industry: Insurance

iScout - Flexible and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2020/07/23

We have field based employees working in remote areas and iScout has been a tremendous tool to support our communication with QOD, push notifications, 20/20 training and resources available online and offline. The ability to capture and communicate action items with follow up to the appropriate people has made us more effective and efficient.

Pros

iScout is a very intuitive and easy to use application. My favorite aspect is how easy it is to customize to fit my needs and operations. The ability to adapt the application has allowed me to perform tasks not imagined by the developers.

Cons

I don't have any "cons". They continue to add functionality and flexibility which is great!

Response from iScout

Thank you for leaving a review, Phillip.

Steve D.

IScout - Rockwater

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

The company, the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], their employees....I have never seen a group that is more helpful to their customers. They fix any issue, fix it quickly, and then follow up with the customer to ensure satisfaction.

Pros

It's ease of use and functionality, it's ability to house data in volumes like it does.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is maybe the software remembering some data entry on the same unit everyday - for example - on daily pre trip inspections......the unit number never changes, and the weight never changes, so It would be nice for the software to recognize some of the same data that is entered daily.

Response from iScout

Thanks for the feedback, Dean. We love hearing from customers.

Ashley H.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great Communication and Compliance Tool

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

Overall the experience with iScout has been great because you can literally do anything you want with the program. For us, it puts all compliance items in one place - bus maintenance, driver files, weekly drills, building maintenance, safety trainings, COVID-19 related forms, company announcements, company policies, and the list can go on. And one of my favorite things is the reports that you can set up to automatically email you so you can easily ensure compliance.

Pros

Love the ability to roll out new forms of any nature to all employees with a click of a button and then be able to track who has completed or not with ease.
Love the easy ability to ensure all compliance matters have been completed by staff members ( i.e. fire drills, tornado drill, bus checks, etc).
Love the infectious disease form created by iScout for use during COVID-19 pandemic.
Love the ability to set up emailed reports automatically.
Love all the trainings offered and the new trainings specific to COVID-19 on the 20/20 platform! Super helpful to know we were doing everything we could to keep all in our school building as safe as possible.

Cons

It's a love/hate on this but with iScout being so customizable sometimes it's hard to get to what you want. But they have a great support team to help you get to what you want.

Response from iScout

Thanks for your review, Ashley. We appreciate the feedback.