Minute7

Annikki D.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Good value

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Good experience with support and helping find issues. We use two instances for different companies and currency which adds a level of confusion for some users.
Like the security (approved/synced) and Activity log which is overlooked by other applications.

Pros

Best features: uploading receipts and having them link to QBO
Easy to use and teach others as users as well as approvers of time and expenses

Cons

Lack of connectivity to more than one application. When updates/upgrades are done, they often change the data so that any connections via CSV or Excel import/export are changed, accents missing from letters, extra space, order of fields exported.....
Customization, when a customer/job is chosen then only the correct service type should appear and class.

Matt K.
Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Minute7 Is A Great Accountability Tool

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

Minute7 has been a fantastic timekeeping tool for our business. It integrates easily with Quickbooks, allows for ease of use when entering client time, has custom reports available, and the price point is right. We work with a lot of government clients that demand a high level of timekeeping accountability, and this product helps us keep more accountable to our clients.

Pros

Minute7 has an ease of use for users, unlike other products I've tested. Just plug in the client, the rate, and the description of work and you're good to go. The ability to run reports per user or per client is easy and saves time when billing clients.

Cons

Integration with existing business products was seamless, especially considering they are a partner of Quickbooks. Sometimes the date ranges on time entry are off, but a simple refresh of the browser window typically takes care of this, especially after being logged in for long periods of time.

Douglas P.
Industry: Utilities

Don't Forget to Send in Your Time Sheet!

Reviewed on 2020/10/15

I love that Minute 7 makes the dreaded reminder from accounting that "you have not submitted your time sheets for this week yet". For me, it was a regular occurrence. I had to stop what I was working on to back track and try to recall what I was doing for the past week! Always a pain and, yep. an embarrassment. This is all the more annoying when the client needs specific details on what I was working on at the time!

I get a daily email reminder using Minute 7. No nagging calls from accounting! I can easily enter my time and work description right then! Easy and no pain!

Pros

Ease of use and peace of mind. The interface and overall design is excellent.

Cons

Synching with Quickbooks. I still have to think about jhow to do that. Its easy to do ,but also awkward

Tony B.
Industry: Construction

Long time Minute7 user

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

We improved our job/service setup time and transfer of information from QB to users and the return of user time entries to QB has been seamless and is a huge time saver over the previous method we had been using.

Pros

We first chose Minute7 based on our need for integrating with Quickbooks desktop. Prior to M7 we were using the QB Timer File program that was difficult to keep current and distribute to individual users. The M7 sync with QB lets us set up new customers, projects and service items very quickly and have it instantly available to our employees for charging time and for transferring time back to QB at the end of the week. We also like the options for having a running timer, direct entry of hours or setting start/finish times. The large data field for time entry notes is also very useful.

Cons

We miss the previous more columnar interface that was a bit easier to use when reviewing and approving time entries. The current interface is great for the individual employee but not quite as useful for the time reviewer.

Shana M.
Industry: Accounting

Easy to Use!

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

Time entry; remote worker time entry and review

Pros

Syncs well with QuickBooks desktop and QuickBooks online. Prompt customer support. Very easy to use.

Cons

Would like more notifications, e.g. email notification if timer is kept running for a set amount of time based on customer's preference.

Angela B.
Industry: Consumer Services

Administrative use of Minute7

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

I think the program basically works well for the daily user while using the it from the browser in the computer, but the Minute7 app has frequent temporary malfunction issues and is not as easy to make changes or adjustments to added time.

Pros

Ability to edit entries, time etc. Mostly it is an easy to use program.

Cons

Not very compatible with Quick books. When the information is synced into quick books, you have to manually go into quick books to change any edited entries after the information has already been synced to the quick books program. You should just be able to re sync from quick books and it will move over the edited or changes made in Minute7.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Lisa G.
Industry: Legal Services

Minute7

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

We had to find a system that was compatible with Quickbooks because when we upgraded our OS, the free QB timer went away. Minute7 was the most affordable and straightforward product we could find on the market.

Pros

User friendly and fairly intuitive, affordable

Cons

Having to change my entries from ready to sync to pending every time. I prefer my entries to be pending until I do a final review for approval.

Traci B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Awesome Tool for Confirming Billing Time

Reviewed on 2020/10/15

The system has been great. We even have our vendors use it so we can pull status reports throughout a project.

Pros

Minute7 allows you to easily pull reports on all projects or one account. It has been a lifesaver for tracking hours and ensuring I'm billing the right amount.

Cons

It's not the greatest user experience, from a design and feature perspective. It is a fine, workhorse system but since I use it a lot throughout the day to immediately log my time, it would be better to have a more visually appealing and user-friendly set up. It would be nine to have some desktop interface that you could pull up or keep up for noting project time.

Karen P.
Industry: Telecommunications

easy time-tracking

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Minute7 is easy time-tracking.

Pros

Min7 provides easy access for all employees with app or online options.

Cons

The reports are not customizable except for period; however, the information can be manipulated in Excel.

I do not use the full functionality of linking with QBO, because it doesn't appear to work with their payroll product. In addition, we reimburse expenses through payroll, so this doesn't work for us.

Kym F.

I enter time, and edit all employees entries. I sync to Quickbooks.

Reviewed on 2017/07/10

The ability to run payroll as well as invoice clients.

Pros

Both the website and app are simple for the employees to use. Easy to set up jobs. Decent character length for job names.

Cons

The top part of the screen does not freeze. It is hard to edit since it is hard to follow down to different days since the screen continues to move. When selecting jobs to write a report, why can I not select a group of jobs instead of one by one.

Elaine O.
Industry: Accounting

A great tool

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

I've been using it for my staff of 9 for many years and have never had a problem with the software. The only times I have needed tech support were due to user error.

Pros

Easy to use for ALL users, quick to set up, easy sync to all Intuit products

Cons

I can't think of anything I would add or change

William W.
Industry: Law Practice
Company size: Self Employed

Excellent for the price but with a few warts

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Pros

Installs easily and mostly synchs well with Quickbooks. The timer and time keeping functions are generally great.

Cons

It worked great for two months, then stopped synching my billing rates from the Quickbooks client profiles. It keeps the time but is now unable to transfer the rate. There is a workaround but it is a clunky fix. Despite several contacts with customer service they are unable to fix it and appear to have given up.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Iona M.
Industry: Legal Services

Easy to learn and use.

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

Pros

I found this product easy to use, and gives a lot of flexibility in use. The format is easy to follow as well. It allows the user the ability to review past inputs and to have different accounts for the user.

Cons

When inputting a different day one has to double check to make sure input applies to right day. This is a very slight problem.

Jim S.
Industry: Industrial Automation

Personal Review

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

Tracking time in projects has been my primary use.
RECOMMENDATION!! Add a total column to each row of entries. I find I need to add manually or I export into a report and let excel do it. Having Excel do the same would be cool too!!

Pros

1. Actually easy to use. Like the reports too.

Cons

Not that I can think of. I think providing totaling columns would help!

Niloufar A.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great for project management/Time Control

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Overall experience is great. It is easy to use and and the interface is user friendly. I have suggested Min7 to other companies in the past.

Pros

Monitoring Junior staff hours spent on different projects is one of the best features.

Cons

Sometimes viewing the hours over a week vs. the whole month gets confusing.

Anne R.
Industry: Management Consulting

M7 review

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

Very integral part of our accounting function.

Pros

easy to use, cost effective, interfaces with Quickbooks Online easily. Great at tracking time for time and billing invoicing purposes

Cons

Difficult to use "time" tracking to transfer payroll entries to Quickbooks Online.

Huguette N.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Practical and Easy to use.

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

I use minute 7 as part of my job responsibilities on a daily or weekly basis to enter the amount of time spent on each client. I find it very easy to use and quite practical. I can enter a whole weeks worth of work in less than 10 minutes because of the ease of the program.

Pros

I like that the date remains for different entries until you change it. It would be a pain to have to keep entering the same date. I also like that you can delete and entry on a date if it is incorrect. I also like the description box to indicate what the minutes were for.

Cons

I do not find any aspect of this product difficult to use with the new interface.

Sylvia D.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

My experience..

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Capturing time accurately for our projects by all staff. User friendly.

Pros

Custom and job detail descriptions and service options
Use of edits before being synced

Cons

The need to sync all time instead of individually by job or detail.

Donna L.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Minute 7 Review

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

Pros

Tool to keep track of the amount of time spent on projects is useful

Cons

Search tool could be made to find more specific and help narrow search.

Kristian C.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

LCG Review

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

So far, very good. Great integration, easy to use, easy to train, easy to set up user groups, etc.

Pros

Ease of use and integration with Quickbooks

Cons

Some glitches occasionally, but support seems to sort these out quickly

Barbara C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Minute 7 Meets our Time Keeping Needs

Reviewed on 2020/10/15

Pros

easy to instruct new users ; clear details for inputting time & detail

Cons

Report function sometimes lags and needs to be extended

Christina M.
Industry: Architecture & Planning
Company size: Self Employed

Easy, accurate timekeeping software, works great with Quickbooks

Great.

Pros

Accuracy and easy to use with Quickbooks

Cons

I wish there was an iphone app so I could enter my hours on my phone.

Matthew S.
Industry: Renewables & Environment

First time user

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

Pros

We recently won a federal grant which requires us to track time and expenses per task. Minute7 makes it very easy to accomplish this and the interface is easy to understand and use.

Cons

I wish there was a desktop app, or if there is one that it is easier to find.

Robin S.

Used Minute7 to fill out hours and have fast and easy records for my employer.

Reviewed on 2017/06/29

Pros

The program allows for a lot of space for details and information without the clutter and is perfect for filing invoices.

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't remember which project I'm working on. So I have to click the set up for every single submission.

Holly D.
Industry: Civil Engineering

Very Pleased

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Pros

This is a seamless process with our Quickbooks and invoicing.

Cons

I wish there was a way to use the expense feature for employees