InsideView Reviews

InsideView

The Leader in Sales Intelligence and Social Selling

4.4/5 (32 reviews)

Insideview , provides you with ample insights about a company

Reviewed on 2019/05/21
Review Source

We rely on Insideview for the insights about a company so our sales team can leverage their conversation based on that. Similarly our marketing can run campaigns based on company outlook and recent news. The integration within the CRM make it easy to use.

Pros

I like InsideView as it very easy to use and you have the access to all the updated news about a company. We mostly use it for competitive analysis and for our marketing programs. The merger acquisitions news or any recent news is also available.

Cons

It has ample data, for some region I find the data is not updated.

Nice platfrom to get some basic competitive information of an account

Reviewed on 2019/03/28
Review Source

InsideView is a great product to some basic competitive information of an account. It provides financial information of an organization, recent mergers and acquisitions, historical data. We have achieved some great results in our ABM campaigns from the database of InsideView.

Pros

Best fro ABM campaigns.
Updated competitive information available.
Can export the lead generation data into excel files.

Cons

They should start providing large quantity of direct contact numbers.
At times email address are incorrect.

Robert B.

InsideView - a powerful tool for insidesales/business development.

Reviewed on 2015/09/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like the in-depth company portfolio provided on each page. You are also likely to get a decision-maker org chart, or at least hierarchy mapped out.

Cons

Specific contact information such as emails and numbers are scarce. I would consider this more of a supplemental research tool to confirm validity of data found elsewhere and find out information such as revenue, and parent company.

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The ease at which we can get the latest update without moving away from the screen.

Cons

I think the UI could have been a little better. Although the plugin gives all the data it would be better if could be presented in a more visual manner.

Excellent Sales Tool

Reviewed on 2015/10/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The ability to update current accounts in our database as well as import new accounts. We also use the family tree to show the account hierarchy in Salesforce. They are very easy to work with.

Cons

The family tree does not automatically scan your database to find accounts that you currently have. We've also seen difficultly in updating the Fiscal Year End month in Salesforce.

Kenneth H.

2 years as customer and familiar w/ competition

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Completeness and accuracy of data. I am looking for accurate and complete company and contact information. I look for ownership contact information.

Cons

Search capabilities. I want to be able to search by very specific company type fields: 8 digit SIC codes, etc. Also I want to be able to sort and sub group sorts. After you search it is not easy to select targets.

Patrick Z.

Great program though needs some adjustments

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

its a very intuitive, and understanding product, and insideview is more than happy to speak to you about what needs to happen with access items and training all colleagues

Cons

When looking at acquaintances and their connections it does not give a WHEN for you to know how they know their connection therefore when you reach out to them to see if they can introduce you sometimes it may be a strained relationship and you don't know until its a little too late.

Great for Building Lists

Reviewed on 2016/04/27
Review Source

InsideView makes it easy to build lists that target the company type, size and geographic area as well as targeting specific titles/functions of the people you want to reach out to. We also use InsideView to update company information for the companies we already have in Salesforce.

Pros

Extremely easy to update records with one click. Also very easy to build lists for exporting.

Cons

Only being able to export 2,000 records at a time. Phone numbers for people are generally the main number for the company. Also the address for a person is usually the main corporate address whether the person is at that location or not.

Don S.

InsideView is a time saver and helps our prospecting tremendously.

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like the daily emails on new, news regarding my targets and clients. It gives me plenty of reasons to contact some clients with something about their business rather than my own.

Cons

I wish it had more lower tier business information as I work not only on Fortune 1,000 companies but local companies as well.

Rebecca S.

Very helpful when prospecting companies and individuals.

Reviewed on 2016/09/22
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Very helpful when prospecting companies and individuals. I found the company detail information accurate. I liked the integration with salesforce the most and that you could click into the insideview platform straight from a record. I feel that it complimented the information we already had in SF and created a better view of our clients/prospects.

Cons

Sometimes it didn't always have company data which I needed for prospecting and then I had to do more research, but that I feel would be a problem with any software like this.

Michael D.

This is the most valuable tool that I've ever used as a salesperson.

Reviewed on 2015/10/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

How easy it is to find intel on my accounts and identify key decision makers within the accounts.

Cons

I really cannot provide any negative feedback. I have had nothing but a tremdendous experience using these tools. This has been so valuble to me.

Great tool for sales teams

Reviewed on 2019/03/26
Review Source

Pros

Overall, a great tool for anyone on the sales team who are used to working in Salesforce. The integration is super helpful - with the info you need, in an easy to find location.

Cons

I've noticed lag times in the integration between Inside View and Salesforce accounts - sometimes the data does not update as quickly as I'd like for sales opportunities.

Diana T.

Excellent tool for Sales

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It gives you updated and comprehensive information about the companies you are researching and it's compatible with most CRM applications. The Industry Profiles gives you a lot of information so you can prepare for your Sales Calls or opportunity strategy.

Cons

I haven´t find anything I don't like about the tool.

Sundeep G.

Insideview is good but it can be great.

Reviewed on 2019/02/06
Review Source

Pros

Insideview is really a good tool for sales and business development teams because of the kind of insights and database of contacts it contains.

Cons

Insideview is not really effective when your sales teams are working globally. The data accuracy takes a hit once you start moving away from NA region.

7.0/10

InsideView makes me a better sales rep

Reviewed on 2016/04/21
Review Source

Of all the competitive solutions in the market place, I must say that InsideView provided me arguable the most value of any. I was extremely impressed with its ease of use and how quickly i was able to find the critical contact information, and company intelligence I needed.

Intuitive
Accurate, Detailed Information
Valuble Market/Company intelligence

Cons

I don't know how accurate of a Con this is, but I never understood how easily the solution could be integrated in to our back end system. That would be interesting for me to learn more about. I am sure it is possible.

Jeff S.

Great product way over priced

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The business card reader is absolutely phenomenal. I've turned my friends on to it and they are all hooked. It's single handedly worth the price of admission.

Cons

Support, Full Contact address book which is capped at 25k individuals. Why cap it at all if we are paying? I'd happily pay more to get access to more contacts. Dupes is okay but not great. I have a lot of individuals John Smith Smith because of their style of merging and it almost always chooses the wrong email address. Searching was improved but not greatly and I am always disappointed with the usability on mobile apple products.

Reviewed on 2016/04/29
Review Source

With Inside View you can very easily have the information lookup done within seconds. This means you can save tons of time of manual research. Your sales team can therefore close many more deals!

Pros

Can be easily integrated and support is great.

Cons

Very rarely the information lookup can go wrong if other data related to the contact is not correct.

Cj I.

I am an avid user of Insideview.

Reviewed on 2015/09/30
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like the way it syncs with the CRM making it convenient to download company and contact information.

Cons

I have run across companies that did not have any information listed.

Melissa G.

InsideView Recommendation

Reviewed on 2015/10/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

InsideView is easy to use inside of Salesforce. The employee size is usually accurate.

Cons

The LinkedIn feature used to show if the person has a LinkedIn profile, but only if the person was in their system prior does it now show. I guess they lost their integration or something.

Jonathan J.

Great sales tool!

Reviewed on 2015/09/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Simple interface with great data. I have made sure that all of our outside reps know the potential of this product. I see it as a tool we must have and continue to utilize.

Cons

I found some of the data to be inaccurate - regarding the company size and revenue.

Johnathan F.

Account Director = Sales and CRM administrator role

Reviewed on 2014/11/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Integration into Salesforce is my favorite feature. It allows us to very quickly sync company and contact information.

Cons

It is only a tool worth using for companies of significant size. The information for small and medium size companies is either inaccurate or nonexistent.

Excellent Sales Tool

Reviewed on 2015/10/02

David P.

InsideView is a Solid Sales Tool!

Reviewed on 2014/11/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It has an easy-to-use UI and is compatible with other CRM tools. It provides a good high level overview of a company's organizational structure, market share, and contacts.

Cons

There are many times that the contact information for key personnel is inaccurate, and I wish the search/filter features were more intuitive.

7.0/10

Accuracy can be improved! But insights are good.

Reviewed on 2019/01/15
Review Source

Pros

The platform is easy to read and the UI is very clean. The best thing about the UI is the ability to get all the required insights with out changing screens.

Cons

The accuracy of the data needs to be worked on and apart from the data that is available for North America, it almost becomes obsolete for other regions.

5.0/10