Wintac

Wintac is sunsetting January 31, 2022

Douglas O.

Daily Use

Reviewed on 2019/10/05

Overall I have always been satisfied with Wintac & it’s support.
Accountants & there unwilling approach to Wintac is my mostly trying problem. They seem to only want simple booking as Quick Books does for them.

Pros

Most of the time I think it’s a good program & excellent for its cost. Here lately with the upgrades it is getting more complicated..

Cons

I used to call in for problems & they could solve almost anything from conflicts to programming.
Now will all the new upgrades they won’t help with certain setups with antivirus conflicts. I understand it takes longer when dealing with other programs. I was much happier when I could call & get my problems solved with there help.
It seems to me that in order for technical support to get more calls done per day they push off some technical problems. When Running a small company and wear many hats you don’t have time to learn all the procedures to make a program work on your computer. I miss having the attention given to fully making everything work with your computer. It is hard to understand and solve other computer problems when you don’t have the time.

Ashley C.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Was working fine until they no longer supported Fuel

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

Was not the best, always had some sort of an issue near the end, but that also had to do with us being unable to update because we needed the fuel side of it and that was discontinued.

Pros

Its a basic and easy interface to teach to new employees.

Cons

Discontinued the Fuel side of Wintac, which is what our company does most of all. Which forced us to find another software company.

Michelle O.

office manager/plumber

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

it has been a good experience overall, the tech support guys are fabulous, and on the general day to day there are no major issues.

Pros

it is relatively easy to use...the dispatch board is great, just don't use visual placement mode, it will mess you up every time..!!

Cons

stability issues before this new version, reports should be able to be completely customized by zip code, dollar amount, city, generated revenue etc...you should have a list of search criteria that you could click on and then a list of reports that you can generate based on that criteria... it is very complicated to find the report you want now. and if you pull some reports looking for the same info you do not always get all of the info on the same report, you have to do multiple different reports to get all the info you are looking for. also, when using reports you often get the client name, but not their address or phone number, then it is necessary to look up each client to get their address to be able to market or whatever u need to contact that client for.

you should also be able to search for maintenance service by item code, date of install, date of next service...etc

new version does still freeze up, and the right side search bar under customer/job manager takes FOREVER to locate any text.

Also on the customer/job screen under the email address bars is a tab labeled business... if that is for finding out how people heard about you shouldn't it be called something else..?? Like advertising...source of call.. something that makes more sense than business...

i'm sure there is more, but i just can think of anything else right now...

Aaron N.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Where is the OLD INTAC COMPANY?

Reviewed on 2020/07/14

We have been using Wintac for 20+ years and the support was always top tier. I have personally worked with INTAC developers in fixing bugs, adding new features and it was always a joy. INTAC would ask new potential customers to call us and I would personally talk to them convincing them to buy. Since Davisware software company has purchased them the support is horrible. We will not be renewing our maintenance next year with them and we will not recommend their software to anyone. We renewed our agreement with them in April but they put us as inactive. They want you fill out a ticket for each issue, I filled out a few tickets but the tickets were being ignored because we were marked inactive. You would think since we have been a customer with them for 20+ years they would have the common courtesy to call and say hey we can't answer your tickets because we marked you inactive even though you renewed your agreement. You are now just a cash cow. We are a pretty good sized AC company, you would think that matters, it doesn't. We will give our money to another company next year.

Also they cannot even answer simple questions, they immediately want to log into your computer. I have no issues with that, however you should know MS access error codes or have a database that can point you to them and not need to log into the computer. There is no chat support anymore, so either you wait on the phone or hope they answer your tickets.

Pros

Wintac meets a wide variety of industries needs.

Cons

The software itself is pretty good, however it still uses access forms, so guess what? Every time there is an office update, it potentially will break it, the SUPPORT sucks. They need better communication, better trained support reps.

Patricia M.

I've been a Happy Wintac customer since 1999.

Reviewed on 2017/11/28

Things I'd like to see:
Ability to use the Square app within the program for credit cards payments.
Abiltiy to use the mapping app of our choice (Waze is my favorite)
I thought someone asked at some point about a web based program. I've used that to manage Boy Scout troops and it seems like a good idea.
In the Web Portal, when a tech has a customer sign the WIP, there is no way for the main computer (in the office) to keep a record of it unless it is emailed to the office, opened, and saved. Also, since this is the only way to save it on the main computer, it would be nice to be able to choose to have all signed WIPs automatically mailed to an office email address.
In the Web Portal, it would be nice to be able to advance a WIP from one day to the next and to be able to look at "yesterday's" jobs instead of looking at the entire "last week".
I hated rating you with some 4s on the survey, before the SQL thing, it would have been all 5s.

Pros

Wintac has very good customer service. They have always helped me with my problems and seem to be continuously working to make it a better program. I recently added the Web Portal and I love being able to check the schedule when I'm on the road.

Cons

I really enjoy using Wintac. My only big issue was working out the kinks with the change to the SQL Database. It was/is a little frustrating at times.

Lori R.

Still Learning

Reviewed on 2016/09/30

I researched quite a number of software options before we settled on Wintac. One of our criteria was that our software would NOT use the cloud - that left us very few options when it really came down to it. While the cloud offers a lot of convenience, there are security risks as well. We also wanted a lot of features though too, and we're not a typical "construction" business, so our scheduling needs aren't "typical" either. We run multiple jobs per day since we focus on cleaning gutters and pressure washing jobs rather than building or remodeling projects. So, we needed something was flexible, offered the ability to schedule as many or few jobs per day as we needed, track multiple crews doing different jobs, have accounting built in, and have marketing built in. Wintac has it all, and the flexibility we needed, while keeping our data securely on our own servers.

Pros

Flexible scheduling, marketing features, ability to have multiple separate databases (if you're running different stores and don't want to mix customer lists, for example), reports, accounting, and options to extend features if someone wants to be more mobile.

Cons

It does take some getting used to, and I can't look at multiple customers at the same time. Nor can I look at multiple screens of one customer at the same time. So it means that sometimes I have to open and close screens a lot more than I'd like to get all the information I need. Overall though, I prefer it over other construction software I've used!

David T.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

The process of going paperless was made so much easier by picking the right Service Software....

Reviewed on 2017/06/30

This software is very powerful and flexible. We started using it in November, rolled to a couple of technicians in December, and phased the rest in between January and April. We have had very little problems. The problems we do have are always related to our hardware or internet provider set up. Even in these issues, Wintac support has been extremely helpful in resolving. Accounting Links to Quick Books was a breeze once we got Wintac support online to help. There were configuration issues in Quick Books. Rather than sending us to Quick Books Support they accessed our Quick Books remotely and changed the settings that were causing our issues. They are really amazing at support.

Pros

Easy to set up. Easy to learn. Great support documentation built in. Wintac online support is really good at getting to the problem and resolving the issue quickly.

Cons

If there is a con, it is that it is not specifically built to our exact company needs. But, that kind specificity is only available if we pay to have someone build a software application proprietary and to our exact needs. That is extremely expensive and beyond the scope of what we really needed. The flexibility of Wintac more than solves these minor issues for us. The price was definitely reasonable. So, the price and flexibility make up for any lack of specific details that we may have "liked".

Aaron Y.

At this current moment I cannot recommend

Reviewed on 2017/05/19

We are a company in the Plumbing & HVAC Industry. We switched about 2 years ago to Wintac because we felt it was what we needed to replace our old system that had problems on their server based program that when messed up we couldn't do anything about. This was actually the main reason we considered Wintac because it is based on our servers not theirs so if something messes up we can fix it. If they switch to cloud based like they are thinking it will be really hard for us to keep them with how they currently work. Wintac is pretty decent when it comes dispatching, purchase orders, and one place for all customer information but there is a lot of problems within the program too. First off it messes up a lot during the day a lot of errors and different things. We have to run housekeeping & user refreshes a lot even though they say you don't need to do that anymore with this years version. Also with all the information we have we feel like the system runs slow especially when you do searches. When you try to get a hold of customer support a lot of times they either need to return calls or when you email them rarely do we here back. Live support doesn't work very good either because they just tell you they will let their engineers know and then next update comes around & no fix for the problem. The biggest issue we have though is with the accounting features inside the program. We do not like using secondary programs like Quickbooks & we were told that the accounting within the program was pretty good but it is not. Their reports change all the time even when we have done anything like add income or expenses. Also now with their latest update invoices that have already been paid are showing back up under A/P Bills. It just isn't sufficient enough for accounting.
All in all the program could use a decent amount of work we will stick with them for awhile but if problems like this keep happening it won't be long. A lot of the things that need fixed have either been problems for the 2 years we have had the program or are problems that arise after new updates are put out but then haven't been fixed since the new update was put out. If you are considering this software I would only recommend it based off the fact it is solely on your own server you don't have to worry if their servers go down. Most other companies are ran on their server or are cloud based. If Wintac does that like they are considering I can't recommend them.

Pros

Dispatching, Purchase orders attaching to jobs, WIPs all in one place, based on your on network not their network

Cons

Errors constantly, accounting inside the program is horrible, takes a long time for things to get fixed if they even do,

Adel L.
  • Industry: Utilities

Wintac Reviews

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

I personally like it. The functions and ability to use it in the way our company needs it. We don't use all the features but thats the joy of this program, you can make it your own and use its needed.

Pros

I love this software because it incorporates everything into one software. My service team can use it to look up WO's or Inv's on the fly, use the dashboard to organize the techs jobs etc. It defiantly works in our favour

Cons

It is a bit tricky to get the hang of for someone starting out fresh with the software. It takes some time to get use to it but once you do, its second nature on where everything is and how things work together in the system.

Delores M.

D. Mitchell/ Mitchell Heating and Air since 1983/ Review of Wintac/Intac Int'l by user since...

Reviewed on 2013/06/20

Would recommend this software especially for the customer service side. There is probably none paralleled for cusomter service to this software, and keeping up with the needs of customers is what drives the heating and air conditioning business.
Would recommend someone with accounting background be alongside the accounting end when setting up this software to interface with customer service side, if the plan is to use the accounting side of this software. There is, however a way to interface with other softwares for accounting usage, such as Quickbooks.

Pros

Very user-friendly especially with detail for customer based applications and equipment detail, plus reports for keeping up with up-coming maintenance agreements. Interfaces well with payroll and accounts payable for job cost.
We have Not updated often over the years, but the customer help line has been excellent whenever we have used it. Many improvements over the years.

Cons

Difficulty tracking for accounting purposes for Income statement, but this is improving. The Balance sheet is difficult to follow since the account numbers are hard to follow within the reports. There is, however, a way to see detail with some of the reports that are available. Inventory is hard to follow, so we have not used that feature yet.
Would like to see updates not be so expensive and the customer help line be offered longer than just one year. At first this software had lifetime helpline, no matter how many times updates were or were not purchased. A grandfather clause would have been nice since we have used this software almost 20 years now.

Joshua U.
  • Industry: Utilities

Wintac

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

Overall, Wintac has been great. I can not complain about the program other than a few small features that I thought were missing. I enjoy using this program, and with a little bit of time to learn the layout, it is invaluable to our company. I would recommend this to anyone looking for this type of software. THANK YOU WINTAC!

Pros

I like this program overall. It is pretty well laid out and if your used to QuickBooks then this will be an easy transition.

Cons

The only issue I have had is that some of the layout could be easier to navigate. This program can do so many things that keeping it all together can sometimes be overwhelming. This may be mostly due to me being a newer user and never using QuickBooks type layout before. There are a few features that I thought would be part of this type of program that seem like things someone in a hvac business would know. Its possible the designer was not a technician or had the hvac experience.

David B.

Wintac Service Contractor Suite

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

I love wintac is changing things for new features I just think it’s time for a sleeker design and to simply it even more to help with user interface.

Pros

I like it’s a all in one software and it has some great features

Cons

The one thing I wish could happen is the change of the overall platform for usage. It seems a little out of date and would make it easier with a new “face lift” on the software and would make it easier to train faster.

Robbie P.

COOL BLEW

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

THIS IS OUR FIRST EXPERIENCE WITH A DISPATCH SOFTWARE PROGRAM. IT WAS HARD TO LEARN AT FIRST, BUT IT DOES THE JOB. VERY EXCITED ABOUT THE INTEGRATIONS WITH DISPATCH.ME AND PROFIT RHINO. I WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE USING WINTAC FOR THE FUTURE. THE INTEGRATIONS ARE A VERY IMPORTANT PART OF THAT.

Pros

I LIKE TO WIDE VARIETY OF OPTIONS WINTAC OFFERS

Cons

I WOULD LIKE IT IF THE INTEGRATIONS WERE MOVING ALONG A BIT FASTER. ALSO, INVENTORY SEEMS TO BE DIFFICULT TO GRASP FOR US.

Denise R.

Pay to learn the program and pay to get install help! Otherwise you will pull your hair out!

Reviewed on 2018/01/30

Cons

It has so many quirks that they may have found solutions for but unless you pay to upgrade the program you cannot get your issues fixed. You just have to live with them. Not cool, updates are not free. I already paid for 2 users and 3 web portals. I want to add another web portal but it's very expensive and I don't want to pay them anymore money!

Picky program is actually NOT fully integrated with QB's like it says it is. Also, when sending records over to QB's sometimes it duplicates them in QB's so there is a constant reconciling of what's in QB's, what's duplicated and what's not (didn't go over).
Help file is horribly annoying. You can put in terms exactly the way they are titled in Wintac and it comes up with nothing. Sigh...
You have to make sure anyone that enters anything in the program understands how this program works and keeps track of customer records especially job sites. 1 typo and you will not have an exact job history. It is really meant for large companies with the resources to pay for and train employees to use it. Small business that run 90 miles an hour cannot jump in and begin using it. It will torture you.

David H.

great service

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

Only program I have found with a simple accounting built in. Also able to link to quick-books desktop. The best all in one program I have seen.

Pros

Easy to learn program. Easy to add inventory with out a bunch of questions. Simple accounting program built in!

Cons

SQL server makes things a little harder to do like moving files from one computer to another. I can be done though just a few more steps.

Tony C.

Wintac Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

Never had to use a different program, nothing to compare it to.

Pros

I never used different software, I have nothing to compare it too.

Cons

When searching for a customer, your spelling must be spot on, it is not friendly with misspelling.

Jim S.

Great software and support

Reviewed on 2017/09/22

The people at Wintac are easy to work with and very responsive.

Pros

Wintac has an easy to use color coded daily dispatch board. It also has a good Web Portal for techs to use in the field and it is getting better. We enjoy excellent support from their tech services.

Cons

The HVAC Work Order/Invoice does not currently fill in completely, but we understand this is in the works.

Lynda L.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Wintac useage

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

I love to be able to run reports in A/R, A/P and see who owes us money.
Thanks WIntac

Pros

Wintac Useage is a daily event in the office of Mr Electric, Inc. We use Wintac for 2 different companies. We make daily work orders, invoices, reports, etc.
Thanks Wintac

Cons

Sometimes Wintac does not allow me to do a housekeeping before it will shut itself off.

Frank G.

Wintac Review from Air Concepts

Reviewed on 2016/07/05

Have had Wintac for 10 years but still do not know how to fully use it. We would like a sample company to understand this product better.

Pros

Convenient, Has portal, Works with Tom-Tom, Quicken and X-Charge.

Cons

Hard to understand full functionality and how to learn this product fully.

Earl P.

Owner

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

best i have found , great help with issues, when they arise

Pros

I have been a HVAC owner for 20 Years and have tried several software to help us manage and help production.
Wintac has my vote to be the best !
Great for techs and productivity

Cons

not much except for some improvements that they are working on to improve Mobil help

Taylor G.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

AIR CURRENT INC

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

Pros

The thing I like most about Wintac is the ability to search for customers easily. I also like the daily schedule portion and how clear it is.

Cons

I do not like how often we have to Housekeep. I also do not like how you cannot search for customers based off of serial numbers. But other than that, it is great

Sean S.

Zelka HVAC

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

I like Wintac and have been using it for quite some time. It is very customizable and gets easy to use

Pros

Once you customize it in your own way, it is very easy to use

Cons

Some small details can be difficult. For example, only 6 characters allowed in WO/WIP # for a job. My numbers have 7 so I have to copy and paste to find jobs

Walter J.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

HVAC Software is worth the effort

Reviewed on 2017/03/18

At first the software is overwhelming due to the amount of information it will allow you to customize into the program. With a small amount of persistence and effort this software is amazing to both tech in field and office personnel. Easy to enter fields allow for total customizing of invoices and proposal s to allow for customers to log in and view on the their own, integrated systems are flawless. Will keep easier to navigate with use as in any software but worth the effort.

Pros

integration between office and field

Cons

Little complicated at first but customer service is awesome

Yolanda D.

Trustworthy Wintac

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

Wonderful program to use daily. Timesaver when looking for customers information. Ability to merge customers information with ease

Pros

Program is user friendly. Timesaver when trying to locate customers information. Ability to merge multiple customers under one account .

Cons

Toggle back and forth to view customers information

Patty A.

HVAC software

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

Overall Wintac is good software to use.

Pros

I like the fact that Wintac is an all in one software. you dont need quick books or other accounting software.

Cons

It is near to impossible to reach someone for help if you need it. and it doesn't have a text feature to send out pictures and updates to the clients.