KashFlow

Accounting and Payroll software for small businesses

Kashflow is great for a small business

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

Easy to use and a really amazing customer service team to help with issues

Cons

Some features do need a bit of work for example CIS

Chris C.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Ideal for the starter business

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

A joy to use and a great help to my fledgling business.

Pros

For a new business the most important thing is ease of use. Once set up Kashflow is intuitive to use and great to look at. Got an issue, the customer support is great, one to one help with a support person every time.

Cons

Takes a while to set up but as it covers all bases this is to be expected.

Will F.
  • Industry: Automotive

Easy to use and intuitive software

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Makes running the back end of my business very easy.

Pros

It's not Sage! I've been using accounting software for 30 years and some of it was a nightmare. Kashflow is straightforward and easy to use.

Cons

No real issues. I've found customer service have sorted out any problems quickly and efficiently.
I can't even complain that it's expensive as it's very good value!

Gregorio V.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Go beyond expectations to be an accounting software for small and medium businesses

Reviewed on 2018/04/17

In general it is a very good system for the price, it fulfills the basic operations expected from day to day for the company.

Pros

It is a web base easy to use for all administrative areas of small business, you do not need to be an accountant to perform the processes of billing and collection.

Cons

There are still some sections of the system that have not been updated, but I feel satisfied until this moment.

Wendy A.

Very comprehensive but at the same time user friendly

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Our previous cash flow software was not able to cope with the workplace pension element - KashFlow is able to provide us with a simple spreadsheet that we upload to the pension provider's website. Couldn't be easier. The cost is also very reasonable. We couldn't be happier.

Pros

This software does it all - payroll, P45s, end of year forms, pension output files - and so simply. I am no payroll expert and thanks to this software, I don't have to be. Everything is basically done for you, you just follow the simple steps.

Cons

There was nothing I didn't like, it was excellent.

Software massively let down by sub-par support

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

Pros

- Some of the reports are fun.
- Being cloud-based is great because you can log in anywhere.
- The basic menu is straight-forward.

Cons

- The support is terrible - slow, uninformed, slack. They don't know the software or understand what you want to do with it
- Beyond the basic menu it's a nightmare trying to find anything.
- Some of the features (like journal) are locked away to try and make you upgrade to the payroll version.
- Statements and invoices will be logged as "sent" when they haven't been sent - no way of finding out without asking your customers.
- The app is a bit pointless.
- When something goes wrong, you're on your own.

Subathra M.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Accounting for small and Medium Business

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Pros

Easy to set up. User-friendly. Economical pricing. Good for small business users. Easy invoicing options and tracking.

Cons

Stock keeping and tracking options need improvement. Starter pack come with a lot of limitations in the invoice and manager currency.

Libby C.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

Tanweer S.
  • Industry: Accounting

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Nice software and reasonable price

Pros

It is simple and easy to use. Can navigate easily and wells designed.

Cons

No reminders for when filing should be done by

Tony J.

Reviewed on 2016/04/09

Saving me a fortune

Reviewed on 2018/02/19

Recommended by new accountant and seems to be saving me a fortune, plus giving me much better info about my business.

Pros

Once setup, its pretty simple and quick to use. Get much better info out of it then when we sent all our invoices etc to our old accountant - rather than just a end of year P&O we can now track expenditure at any time. Accountant used to charge us £150 a time to do a VAT return - I can now do it for nought in a few minutes - so think they were taking the proverbial

Cons

Nothing much - takes a while to set up how you want it, and you need to have basic understanding of accounting codes, but once done its fine.

Dr nicola D.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Frustration

Reviewed on 2014/12/30

So badly written I could cry. The amount of times I have to switch screens to do simple job involving the same customer account is incredible. As someone else has said you waste so much time. I wish I'd bought another package.

Also, there are very few software updates so I don't see these problems being sorted any time soon.

Avoid, for your own sake avoid!

Siobhan D.

Reviewed on 2016/09/10

Merry S.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Improve your administration and account management

Reviewed on 2019/09/22

This system is in comparison to many the most complete and widest range of tools, it is really imperative to have it active in your departments associated with the company's finances, KashFlow is a cloud-based accounting solution with which you can use and mold To almost any type of company, Features include payroll and reports, purchasing management, billing, credit control, accounting, users can create invoices and set up alerts for payment due, it is very complete if we analyze it, and Really useful, although very few people use it, it would be good to know more so they make more updates and improve the platform to please more customers.

Pros

KashFlow provides users with a large number of functions and tools that allow any company to manage with great accuracy and strength with their accounts and billing processes. If you need a program that helps you understand how to enter accounting and administrative transactions, this may be one of the best solutions in the entire market. There are different pricing options, this makes it easy to implement in any company regardless of the value of your The company, or the amount of capital available, has a mobile version so you can see your accounts in motion and also bill customers. This will save time and money and you will not need to hire accountants since even a finance analyst could easily keep the company's accounting.

Cons

I honestly do not find disturbing flaws in the platform, we could mention that the board could use several colors to make it look more visual and thus distinguish between the accounting operations however it has a function to differentiate only that you have to take time to understand and use it, The Configuration is probably the hardest part, and complicated to understand, but in my opinion most accounting systems are difficult to understand.

Clive C.

Saved us £1500 is postage alone

Reviewed on 2016/02/12

Have used Sage for twenty years we looked at all the online - We tested all the other systems and Kashflow was the quickest to set up the easiest to use. Although customer support is by email its very quick so why wasted hours on a phone. They also offer a discount at http://kf.cm/LrG3g1

Pros

invoices, statements and reminder letters all by email.
Payroll can be included.
Simple to set up.
Quick Support via email - you can be working on the items instead of hanging on the end if a phone and then you also have a clear answer which you can refer to in the future
No long Term Contract

Cons

Last time I checked I could not include the supplies invoice number of the payment remittence advice.

Response from KashFlow Software

Hi there - thanks for your invaluable review. Enjoy the product!

Mark S.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Payroll wage

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

Very good, I would pay a bit extra for telephone support as well for both packages as sometimes the wait is really frustrating

Pros

The ease of set up , the ease of use. The integration into accounts package

Cons

It doesn’t have holiday pay . It doesn’t have multiple options for hourly pay on the wage making it time consuming changing the rates everytime.
Other systems do this very well so I’m sure you can change

Mark O.

Makes keeping accounts relatively painless

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Pros

Our old accountant had us recording all our invoices etc onto a spreadsheet and at the end of the year charged us a small fortune to input this onto their system to eventually produce a profit and loss account, VAT returns and tax return. On the advice of a friend we switched accountants and now use Kashflow. Big pluses are that it's vastly cheaper, it's about the same amount of effort to record expenditure etc but we can easily view what each aspect of our business generates in sales and expenditure. VAT returns used to cost £150/quarter - now take minutes as Kashflow calculates everything and once you've checked it looks Ok a press of a button and it goes straight to HMRC.

Cons

Takes a while to set up initially to have cost codes for different parts of the business, and work out how it all works. However good help articles online and if needed (I didn't) there paid for tutorials.

Marianne S.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Our experience of Kashflow

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I like it, although if we could have product discounts it would be so much better.

Pros

Its very user friendly, the bank feeds make it easy to input data. I find it easy to navigate and it has some great features. The reports are good and it makes VAT very easy.

Cons

We cant have product discounts, which means we cant make up quotes in Kashflow. We have to do it in excel to work out discounts and then I have to manually transfer this to KF. You can have customer discounts, but this is no good for us as we have different product discounts.

Lisa N.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Not a great fan

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

I have a client who has used Kashflow payroll and it turns out that despite the fact that it's been calculating the payroll... when they went to switch to another payroll software, HMRC informed them that they hadn't registered as an employer!!! So its of concern to me that a software has allowed you to run 6+ months of payroll without you even being aware that HMRC aren't receiving the RTI submissions.

Pros

I think its design is fairly user friendly.

Cons

In the small print of this software it locks you in for 12 months.

Susan M.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

KASH FLOW PAYROLL IS 1ST CLASS !!

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

EXPERIENCE IS FIRST CLASS REALLY ENJOY USING THE SOFTWARE

Pros

EASY TO USE ON THE CLOUD, LOTS OF NEW FEATURES BEING ADDED ALL THE TIME

Cons

THE REPORTS SHOULD HAVE THE PAYROLL AND ACCOUNTS NUMBER ON THE TOP SO YOU HAVE THEM WHEN YOUR PRINTED THE REPORT OFF

Piers T.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Excellent booking keeping solution

Reviewed on 2014/07/14

I would highly recommend Kashflow to any small business that wants an intuitive, reliable and well supported book keeping solution. I have used Kashflow for many years, and seen their evolution as they have really listened to what their customers want.

Pros

- excellent, speedy, human support
- intuitive, ideal for the non accountant!
- always improving

Cons

can't really think of any....

Tony G.
  • Industry: Publishing

Accounting software for dummies

Reviewed on 2014/07/15

Kashflow has helped me enormously in my business... I'm not an expert on book-keeping, but the day to day interface is so easy. I used to struggle to keep on top of accounts, panicking at the end of each quarter, but now all the information is easily at hand.

Pros

Simple, obvious for the uninitiated, great interface, very good support.

Ahmed O.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Kashflow review

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I have been with Kashflow for over 6 months now and so far so good! I do not have any complaints and the team is very responsive to questions that I need answering.

Pros

It is very easy to use and declare my tax online.

Cons

I would have liked Kashflow account and Payroll to be on the same system.

Chris D.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Bank Feeds not supported

Reviewed on 2014/12/09

Kashflow lauched bank feeds and I thought great. I signed up on my Barclaycard and imported using the steps highlighted in software. The system amended all my transaction for 7 months to negative. I sent details to Kashflow who advised the bank feeds is not support, issues are with yodal so there his nothing they can do. Its there service they are offering. I would avoid using bank feeds as well as Kashflow as the support on this new enhancement they have offered is shocking.

Horror, stay away!

Reviewed on 2017/01/26

If you need to upload actual or older bank statements you'll have a nasty surprise.
Also, the customer service is quiet most of the time, no matter your issues.

Stay away!