KashFlow Reviews

KashFlow

Accounting software for small businesses

4.1/5 (65 reviews)
Merry S.

Improve your administration and account management

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/09/22

This system is in comparison to many the most complete and widest range of tools, it is really imperative to have it active in your departments associated with the company's finances, KashFlow is a cloud-based accounting solution with which you can use and mold To almost any type of company, Features include payroll and reports, purchasing management, billing, credit control, accounting, users can create invoices and set up alerts for payment due, it is very complete if we analyze it, and Really useful, although very few people use it, it would be good to know more so they make more updates and improve the platform to please more customers.

Pros

KashFlow provides users with a large number of functions and tools that allow any company to manage with great accuracy and strength with their accounts and billing processes. If you need a program that helps you understand how to enter accounting and administrative transactions, this may be one of the best solutions in the entire market. There are different pricing options, this makes it easy to implement in any company regardless of the value of your The company, or the amount of capital available, has a mobile version so you can see your accounts in motion and also bill customers. This will save time and money and you will not need to hire accountants since even a finance analyst could easily keep the company's accounting.

Cons

I honestly do not find disturbing flaws in the platform, we could mention that the board could use several colors to make it look more visual and thus distinguish between the accounting operations however it has a function to differentiate only that you have to take time to understand and use it, The Configuration is probably the hardest part, and complicated to understand, but in my opinion most accounting systems are difficult to understand.

Stephen S.

I haven't time to learn PayRoll as well

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

Kashflow has been a life-saver for me and my business; I do not have the time to learn how to book keep properly or run a Payroll. It means I can focus on the aspects of my business that I need to develop and give less time to admin.

Pros

It does what it says on the tin. So, it will run your payroll for you, tracking Tax & NI, produce P45s/P60s and submit data to the Government. It basically does everything you'd expect a payroll software to do. Payroll is complicated and KashFlow Payroll does its best to simplify this fr you; actually, I could not run my business without it.

Cons

The biggest annoyance is that you have to login to it separately from the main KashFlow program. Whilst it integrates the two at a data level really well, I don't understand why I cannot click seamlessly between the two.

Also, I think it lacks some features:
- I'd like it to handle and submit P11D forms
- It'd be nice if it integrated more tightly with Government so as well as submitting it also, showed me my tax balance owed. That would be a nice feature.
- Fixing a payroll mistake is a bit cumbersome as you have to roll back any intervening weeks. It'd nice if there was a simple tool for this.

They charge for their tutorials

Reviewed on 2017/01/28

I find Kashflow a mixed bag. In some ways, it's a good system and works well when everything is perfect. If you suddenly need to change something, however, prepare to get frustrated (no doubt you will at some point and good luck not messing your accounts up!).

Charging for their basic tutorials on how to use the software to avoid messing things up will cost you on top of the monthly subscription you're paying. This reason alone, I feel their not customer centric and am personally moving to another system due to this.

Pros

Kashflow can generate some nice reports and it looks fairly appealing.
Straight forward to set up in some ways.
Support is ok, can be a mixed bag.

Cons

A bit un-intuitive, unable to open links in new windows for some things which mean you have to keep re-running a report to work through each item in a list rather than quickly skip forwards and backward (Kashflow also forgets which dates you had selected so you have to re-select both dates every time!).

Unclear in places

Tutorials to learn the software are paid for those who are already subscribed, this is unforgivable. What kind of company charges their subscription paying customers to learn the software they pay for??

Kashflow feels like a strange mix between last gen software (and the frustrations that came with it) along with new gen (clean-ish interface). The whole package doesn't feel polished or finished.

Things like importing bank files will lead to duplicates without warning, Kashflow won't bother to check if any items are dupes. There goes the rest of your month manually removing all the duplicate items! Support will say it can only be done manually, can you tell it happened to me?

6.0/10
Chris C.

Ideal for the starter business

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

A joy to use and a great help to my fledgling business.

Pros

For a new business the most important thing is ease of use. Once set up Kashflow is intuitive to use and great to look at. Got an issue, the customer support is great, one to one help with a support person every time.

Cons

Takes a while to set up but as it covers all bases this is to be expected.

Will F.

Easy to use and intuitive software

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Makes running the back end of my business very easy.

Pros

It's not Sage! I've been using accounting software for 30 years and some of it was a nightmare. Kashflow is straightforward and easy to use.

Cons

No real issues. I've found customer service have sorted out any problems quickly and efficiently.
I can't even complain that it's expensive as it's very good value!

Justin H.

Easy to use, does everything I need

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

Kashflow is a great package for my small business. It captures everything I need, produces great reports and even allows me to submit my VAT at the touch of a button!

Cons

Nothing right now, it really does manage to tick all the boxes

Tom K.

Easy to use, awful to get support

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Pros

KashFlow is a really easy to use system for small businesses and handles CIS correctly which is a plus.

Cons

The support provided by Iris & KashFlow is truly abysmal. The support staff always tell you to ask your accountant which is nonsense.

Mark S.

Payroll wage

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

Very good, I would pay a bit extra for telephone support as well for both packages as sometimes the wait is really frustrating

Pros

The ease of set up , the ease of use. The integration into accounts package

Cons

It doesn’t have holiday pay . It doesn’t have multiple options for hourly pay on the wage making it time consuming changing the rates everytime.
Other systems do this very well so I’m sure you can change

Gregorio V.

Go beyond expectations to be an accounting software for small and medium businesses

Reviewed on 2018/04/17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

In general it is a very good system for the price, it fulfills the basic operations expected from day to day for the company.

Pros

It is a web base easy to use for all administrative areas of small business, you do not need to be an accountant to perform the processes of billing and collection.

Cons

There are still some sections of the system that have not been updated, but I feel satisfied until this moment.

Darryl S.

Ease of Use... excellent system

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Excellent, ease of use, automation and speed mean more complex processes are easy

Pros

I have been using Kashflow for some time and having used other in the market, the ease of use and adaptability of Kashflow, for me, put it ahead of its competitors. Easy to personalise, the bank links and automation both with banks and HMRC mean half the work is done, for ease of mind this is a real plus. Excellent system would highly recommend

Cons

Old historical automation can sometimes slow the process down, but that's more of a personal problem

Ann D.

easy use of kashflow payroll

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/01/30

It is easy to do payroll and being someone of little experience in that department it has made it really easy for me to accomplish this task without being scared of doing it..... I would highly recommend it for small/medium business who want value for money or large business with a dedicated HR department

Pros

I have been using Kashflow Payroll for over a year …. it is one the easiest software solution I have ever used I can complete my payroll and all documentation printed off inside 10 minutes

Cons

the only downfall is support... you have to email support and unfortunately they can take up to 48 hours to reply which is usually a bit too long for me I think in this matter you need an answer more promptly

Kashflow is great for a small business

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

Easy to use and a really amazing customer service team to help with issues

Cons

Some features do need a bit of work for example CIS

Clive C.

Saved us £1500 is postage alone

Reviewed on 2016/02/12

Have used Sage for twenty years we looked at all the online - We tested all the other systems and Kashflow was the quickest to set up the easiest to use. Although customer support is by email its very quick so why wasted hours on a phone. They also offer a discount at http://kf.cm/LrG3g1

Pros

invoices, statements and reminder letters all by email.
Payroll can be included.
Simple to set up.
Quick Support via email - you can be working on the items instead of hanging on the end if a phone and then you also have a clear answer which you can refer to in the future
No long Term Contract

Cons

Last time I checked I could not include the supplies invoice number of the payment remittence advice.

Response from KashFlow Software

Hi there - thanks for your invaluable review. Enjoy the product!

Neil B.

The easiest way to manage business accounts large and small

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

Pros

I like the automatic VAT, Pay Roll RTI updates and self assessment filing, these features make it simple to make the correct submissions the the HMRC first time.

Cons

The mobile app could be more fully featured as it only offers a small portion of the websites functionality.

Wendy A.

Very comprehensive but at the same time user friendly

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Our previous cash flow software was not able to cope with the workplace pension element - KashFlow is able to provide us with a simple spreadsheet that we upload to the pension provider's website. Couldn't be easier. The cost is also very reasonable. We couldn't be happier.

Pros

This software does it all - payroll, P45s, end of year forms, pension output files - and so simply. I am no payroll expert and thanks to this software, I don't have to be. Everything is basically done for you, you just follow the simple steps.

Cons

There was nothing I didn't like, it was excellent.

Glen A.

Excellent software

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

Happy with kashflow, simple to use and reasonably priced

Pros

I don't have time for complicated systems and kashflow is simple and easy

Cons

I havent found much to moan about this software

Excellent for UK customers who don't plan to do expenses 'on the go'

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Good, enthusiastic people. Particularly good for UK clients who don't need on-the-go.

Pros

VAT and HRMC 'Make Data Digital' integration
UK based, so available during the morning
Great customer service via chat or phone callback

Cons

Their app doesn't allow on-the-road expenses loading, e.g. photo of a receipt loading instantly. Instead it's via dropbox, and is awkward. They claim to working on improvements but if on the road is important to you you'll need to look elsewhere.

5.0/10
Sudhir S.

Kashflow works

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

Pros

It was easy to set up and get started. The reporting functionality meets all my business needs such as VAT return, Profit & loss and Balance sheet to satisfy end of year accounting.

Cons

On the rare occasion it's good to speak to customer services although most of my queries have been dealt with through email customer support

Gareth R.

Ideal timesaver for a small business

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/01/29

It has allowed me to complete the payroll demands of HMRC and monthly reporting with a minimum of work

Pros

It ties easily in with Kashflow. It is relatively easy to set up for a company and for individuals on the payroll. it records data and produces detailed reports on demand, thus providing a useful check. The monthly reports to HMRC occur easily and possible incomplete information or problems are flagged up.

Cons

I found the integration with NEST more difficult- but it could well have been NEST's end that caused difficulties. It is obviously designed for those who use English for their administration. I use both English and Welsh and the spellcheck feature changed the Welsh spellings!

Ollie M.

Good software, slow development

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Overall, useful and valuable software. However now becoming too expensive and deviating from the founder's original game plan

Good functionality
Quick to transition from more traditional software such as Sage

Cons

Slow to develop new features
API upgrade been in development for 4 years and no progress
Subscriptions increase frequently for no clear obvious benefit

7.0/10

Software massively let down by sub-par support

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

Pros

- Some of the reports are fun.
- Being cloud-based is great because you can log in anywhere.
- The basic menu is straight-forward.

Cons

- The support is terrible - slow, uninformed, slack. They don't know the software or understand what you want to do with it
- Beyond the basic menu it's a nightmare trying to find anything.
- Some of the features (like journal) are locked away to try and make you upgrade to the payroll version.
- Statements and invoices will be logged as "sent" when they haven't been sent - no way of finding out without asking your customers.
- The app is a bit pointless.
- When something goes wrong, you're on your own.

0.0/10
Will G.

Fine software and fine service

Reviewed on 2014/07/14

I am very happy with Kashflow. Easy to set up and use but sophisticated enough to cope with everything a typical small business might want. I particularly like the PayPal integration and the more integration that happens, the better as far as I am concerned. Being able to access accounting data from anywhere and even better allowing your accountant to access it has been a tremendous timesaver. I also like the automated back-ups and the ability to switch easily between the accounts of multiple businesses. They even reduced the price to a level where it could not become an issue.

Pros

Ease of set-up and use
Your accountant and you can easily get access to the original data from anywhere
Good handling of multiple sets of accounts
OK Reports
Integration with other systems
Reasonably priced

Cons

Does not automatically integrate with everything I want it to (yet!)
Standard reporting is adequate rather than extensive
Can't think of anything else

Lydia K.

Excellent piece of software

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I’ve been using KashFlow for the past 2 years. I find it very efficient and effective. It is easy to use and customer service is always on hand if you have a problem.

Pros

Easy to navigate and use.
Data entry is quick

Cons

Importing can sometimes be difficult as all the titles have to be ones up.

Mark O.

Makes keeping accounts relatively painless

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Pros

Our old accountant had us recording all our invoices etc onto a spreadsheet and at the end of the year charged us a small fortune to input this onto their system to eventually produce a profit and loss account, VAT returns and tax return. On the advice of a friend we switched accountants and now use Kashflow. Big pluses are that it's vastly cheaper, it's about the same amount of effort to record expenditure etc but we can easily view what each aspect of our business generates in sales and expenditure. VAT returns used to cost £150/quarter - now take minutes as Kashflow calculates everything and once you've checked it looks Ok a press of a button and it goes straight to HMRC.

Cons

Takes a while to set up initially to have cost codes for different parts of the business, and work out how it all works. However good help articles online and if needed (I didn't) there paid for tutorials.

Marianne S.

Our experience of Kashflow

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I like it, although if we could have product discounts it would be so much better.

Pros

Its very user friendly, the bank feeds make it easy to input data. I find it easy to navigate and it has some great features. The reports are good and it makes VAT very easy.

Cons

We cant have product discounts, which means we cant make up quotes in Kashflow. We have to do it in excel to work out discounts and then I have to manually transfer this to KF. You can have customer discounts, but this is no good for us as we have different product discounts.

5.0/10