Paymo

Frank
Frank

Constantly improving

Reviewed on 2019/07/14

Flexible and suitable for a lot of different projects. We gained a lot of insight through the visual data overviews. Tool is constantly improving: new features, upgrades, interface changes for the better.
The customer service was friendly and personal. Paymo and DataFeedWatch are my two favorite customer teams. Definitly recommended!

Pros

- Great, flexible project management tool
- perfectly scalable
- a lot of features and handy shortcuts (saved project lists etc.)
- provides a lot of insights per project and client
- Very friendly and personal customer service.
- Good value for the money

Cons

- Clients did not always get the tool instantly. But recent UX changes could make it easier for them
- Communication with colleagues could get a bit chaotic, takes some time to implement in the workflow.
- A lot of features requires good knowledye whats the best way to use the tool, so definitly assign someone to create a team workflow.

Asana

Pricing and UX

Response from Paymo

Hi Frank,

Nicely worded, thank you!

We're working on an improved client portal, with in-app access to guest users so they can contribute and view the project progress in real-time. Follow the thread for it here: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/in-progress-client-portal-collaboration/67/2

Onboarding-wise, the focus for 2020 is going to be on in-app tool tips and video tutorials. Hope this will help you! :)

Jonathan

Impressed

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

Overall I have been really impressed with Paymo, it has merged many of the tools I would often have to use seperate services for and that alone is a massive time & cost saver. Support has been excellent in the few times I have had to contact them, & I have enjoyed implementing the service as the hub for my project management needs. I look forward to the updates the Paymo team bring in the future.

Pros

The biggest selling point for me was the project management facility alongside the app & timer for time tracking. Prior to this I had used a mix of Toggl + Trello, then when I moved to Quickbooks TSheets + Trello + Quickbooks.

Switching to Paymo streamlined this so that I could do all the project management and time tracking in one suite. Quickbooks integration was a necessity also considering all my finances have been handled there too.

Support has been excellent as well, tickets are resolved quickly and always someone available to give a helping hand or to receive feedback.

Cons

The biggest con was actually a feature I asked about before signing up for a subscription. At present the task management boards have no guest access facility. This was a feature I was really looking for as previously I used Trello to share proofs & receive feedback from clients. Having contacted support they have informed me that this feature is on the roadmap and undergoing testing, so hopefully will arrive in the not too distant future.

The web application could also benefit from more keyboard shortcuts as well. This is something I miss from Trello that was incredibly useful, but will mention to support as a feature request, alongside a dark mode or more options for theming the application. (There are chrome extensions that can partially cover this, but native support would be even more appreciated).

monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

I found TSheets as a time tracker cumbersome, as it was really built around a larger workforce. It also lacked the project management features that Paymo offered, so had to rely on Trello to cover that.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to Paymo

I felt it was better value for my needs, and offered the integrated Quick-books facilities that were necessary to replace TSheets.

Response from Paymo

Happy to hear that we streamline not just time tracking, but invoicing (including the QB integration)!

Indeed, the client portal with in-app access to guest users is our #1 priority. It's a large task, with a lot of implications, so we're making sure to check all the community's needs :)

Shortcuts will be more frequent too.

Kind regards,

Nikodem

Nice product with great potential

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

- Project setup
- Planning and Scheduling
- Time sheets
- Tasks
- Reports
- Frequent updates

Cons

- Price and payment flexibility
- Speed of the platform
- Limited amounts of user roles
- Limited planning abilities
- No import/export
- Limited PDF printing

Sofia
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Can't live without Paymo

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

When I started freelancing in 2018 I lost weeks looking and testing all sorts of software I could find to help me organize my projects and clients, rates, deadlines, tasks, and invoicing.

I tested more than a dozen and Paymo had it all.

Some minor adjustments to fit some of my projects, but with Paymo I have a software that tracks my work on a daily basis, I can easily understand my workload and plan in advance, I can share work reports with my clients and easily invoice them, I can have as many clients, projects and tasks I want and all I can say is that I couldn't live without it anymore.

Having the possibility to track my time on each task helps me understand how much should I charge for future similar projects which is pretty awesome.

The only thing that Paymo doesn't do for me is bringing me coffee :D
It's very simple to use and I can link time with tasks by having predefined rules or quickly selecting them. Adding whatever needed and setting up deadlines, priorities and status is really quick and intuitive. One of the most complete software I've used and where I can customize as I want to without needing a master degree to have things working like I want :)

Great and nice team too that always provided quick support and feedback whenever needed, which is equally important.

Love it. Great work guys

Pros

For me, PaymoPlus TimeTracking software is the best feature that Paymo offers. Easy to set up, don't miss any working time and gives me the chance to understand the tasks where I spend most of the time. The time reports are great to understand what is more time consuming from my daily tasks and the fact that I can have several projects and clients makes it so easy to work with.

The fact that I can use an automated software to track my tasks made me safe a lot of time.

With other similar time tracking apps I tested, I always needed to trigger it manually or take a lot of steps. With PaymoPlus, just start recording it and nothing is missed. It captures all your activity

Cons

There's nothing I like the least, but maybe it would be nice to have more dynamic ways of adding rates or billing options.
As a freelancer, I often work at a specific rate per word (for example translations and proofreading), or rate per article, so it would be helpful to have such options of adding different rate settings.

Reasons for Switching to Paymo

Has it all, easy to use, I'm a huge fan of PaymoPlus as it tracks all that I do over the day and it's easy and quick to link to customers and tasks. I'm a freelancer so many of the apps available fit more teams than just one person hence offering stuff I really didn't need. Some of the tools I tried were nice but always missed at least one or 2 features I really needed. Many didn't have a live time tracker, and the ones that had some sort of time tracking option was a pain to use. I wanted something that did it for me in the easiest way possible, didn't have invoice options, etc. I also found some of the software was too complicated to use, not user-friendly nor intuitive and the worst, you need to adjust and adapt to the software instead of the other way around, where you can customize and set up all at your own preferences and way of working. Customization is a big plus with Paymo and comparing the number and quality of features it offers, it's a fair price to pay for. I tested a few more than I included but can't remember the names anymore...

Response from Paymo

Thank you Sofia for your kind feedback :)

You can in fact add flat rate tasks, that have an independent value from the task hourly budget. This would work for articles (unfortunately don't have a solution for words now, it's a bit too granular). Did you try them out?

You can also write us at [email protected] so we can further guide you :)

David
  • Industry: Design

Tracking time and managing payments with agility

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

Back in 2009 we started a fledgling web design company called FreshSpark Creative. Paymo was just starting out and seeking customers, help and ideas. We were able to request certain features which were implemented, the foundations of what would become an excellent working relationship. In 2012 I started my second company and we had 5 full time staff using the platform in 2016. As we became VAT registered we were unfortunately forced to use Xero for our billing to comply with UK regs, but that only demonstrated how good Paymo was - Xero is incredibly sluggish, lots of micromanagement and lacks the quality of design which we strive to portray as a business. We modified the set up of our business to help deal with the issues caused by Brexit and I once again use Paymo for all time keeping and billing. Paymo has been a constant in my professional life as a business director, alongside Google Mail and Google Cal.

Pros

Fast and effective management of time and resources. I love how easy it is to log time, create invoices and complete all my accounting obligations as a UK business owner quickly and stylishly.

Cons

I guess my biggest dislike is the new timesheets view, the hitboxes on the time entries seem to be slightly out of sync with the visual modules. Also as I have been using the software for over 10 years, there is a lot of old data which I cannot remove in bulk.

Kantata, Basecamp and Xero

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

Google tasks was good because it synced with Google Calendar, but was very limited and time consuming to use. We have always used Paymo for billing, from day dot.

Reasons for Switching to Paymo

They were overkill for what I needed, too large and cumbersome, lots of unnecessary features made my experience time consuming and sluggish, not to mention much more expensive.

Response from Paymo

Thank you, David!

We also have a Google Calendar integration, check it here: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/3545290-google-calendar-integration

As for time tracking, you can now copy/paste time records inside the timesheets area - be sure to try it out!

Please submit the bulk time entry selection suggestion on our community forum: https://community.paymoapp.com/

Usually, the most upvoted ones get built.

Kassidy

Small business-friendly software!

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

The ability to automate the majority of our processes, and keep our project management happening in one place, has been very relieving and has boosted our efficiency. Before using Paymo we had separate processes and locations for our project management, invoice creation, estimate creation, etc. and the majority of these were done manually. Paymo is cutting down on time taken up by those manual processes, and we have been able to streamline our project management in a way that is more clear to us and our clients. We are gradually populating the Projects and Clients pages with anything we've done up to this point -- it's a lot of work but it's worth it to us now that we know Paymo is such a great software that has benefitted us as we are moving into our second year as a small business.

Pros

Paymo helped our small business organize projects and boosted automation functions of our working process really well. We were already used to tracking time under project tasks before trying Paymo, but we were looking for a software that could streamline the full process from the start of a project to the end, while covering the financial aspects as well. The best thing about Paymo is the ability to automate the working process through templates, and to be able to customize at every level. We also really appreciate the Help Center (the attention to detail and clear explanations have been very useful) and customer support.

Cons

It was pretty time consuming at first to get set up on Paymo and learn how to make it work for us, but this can be true for any new software. A more thorough tutorial or very obvious recommendations to use the Help Center would have helped us at the beginning -- it took a bit of time for me to discover all of the great pages on the Help Center.

There are some very specific features that would be useful to us that are not currently options:

1. An option to round-down instead of round-up in increments of time for time reports.
2. More user-friendly and intuitive customizing options for the templates, instead of relying on custom code to really change the appearance.
3. A pay roll feature to track pay days/periods and previous pay for employees, as an extension of time reports or time sheets.
4. The ability to manually edit the "Cost" sections on templates, after they have been automatically filled while adding from a project's tasks or time sheets.
5. Something to consider in the future is adding an entire new feature focused on the financial statements side of accounting. This would be very attractive since it would mean having nearly all of our business management happening in the same place.

We are still getting used to Paymo and all of its functions, so may have more feedback in the future!

Response from Paymo

Appreciate your thoughts, Kassidy!

Sorry to hear about the onboarding process, we do offer free sessions on-demand, so please write me at [email protected] to schedule one :)

Here's also a quick video tutorial about the new interface: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAwY7m3I_kw

As for the feature requests, it's best to post/uvpote them on our community forum so they get more visibility: https://community.paymoapp.com/

Keep in touch,

Mitch
  • Industry: Design

Best in the Biz (I think)

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Pros

What do I like best - the value. When searching for a solution Paymo offered the most for the least and has been continuously working to improve the APP. I work remotely and have been using Paymo to track clients and send time reports to my office for billing a few years now and it has worked flawlessly. The time tracker is great, the time reports are great. There is, I am sure, a tonne of functionality that I haven't even tapped into but it does everything I need very quickly and cleanly. Navigating is a breeze, editing is a breeze, and exporting reports is a breeze.

Cons

My least favorite thing is that every time Paymo refreshes I have to set up all of my preferences again. I have to switch the view, add in a filter to see the projects the way I want, adjust the Time Report forms back the way I had them set up yesterday. Just switching the view from List to Table should be something I should be able to lock-in as a default view.

Trello, Basecamp and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

We switched from the self-hosted app because keeping it updated and maintained was timeconsuming and if anything crashed on our server it was going to be a headache. After exploring options moving to Paymo for the low monthly fee made a lot of sense for something we were using every day.

Reasons for Switching to Paymo

We chose Paymo mostly for value. It offered the most (at the time - I haven't shopped around in a while) for the least and part of the criteria when we were searching to replace the self-hosted open-source software we were using at the time (I don't remember what it was called - 2014 installed through Softaculous on the cPanel). But also, we chose Paymo because the UI was great. It looked good and was really intuitive to get around the app. It has only gotten better.

Response from Paymo

Good news, Mitch: time reports will be upgraded and support a more used friendly interface.

About the preference issue, can you please write it down on our community forum so it gets more traction from the community?

Thank you!

Jessica
Jessica

Paymo makes coordinating projects and tasks easy

Reviewed on 2023/01/10

We have complete control over all of our projects, both active and dormant, which allows us to give our clients nothing but the highest quality results.

Pros

The Time-Tracking functionality is what ultimately led us to select Paymo. With Paymo, we can easily keep track of our time spent on each client's and each project's work, as well as generate time reports. When necessary, we can send out invoices that can be paid with PayPal, regardless of whether the customer is a registered Paypal user or not.

Cons

I wish there were more visual formatting options for estimates and invoices. As a designer, I know how crucial it is to pay close attention to detail, and I'd appreciate it if my bills and estimates reflected that.

David
  • Industry: Design

The best I've found for the my industry

Reviewed on 2020/05/03

Excellent - great value for money, scalable if I need more users, and really easy to use.

Pros

I've found that the user interface and features available in Paymo out perform other software available.

Cons

I did like that you can create online signed contracts on Bonsai - this was great for the design industry as I tend to have ongoing contracts with clients.

Jira

Reasons for Choosing Paymo

Features such as tasks just were not detailed enough for my liking.

Bonsai.io

Reasons for Switching to Paymo

Cost vs Features. I'm run a small company so need to keep cost as low as possible until I scale - Paymo is perfect as when I grow I can buy more users accounts.

Response from Paymo

Thank you, David!

Do you mind upvoting this feature suggestion about contracts on our community forum: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/client-e-sign-contracts-and-agreements/221

Usually, the most upvoted ones get built.

Olga
Olga
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Great app for small business

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

We have been using Paymo for two years and it has become an essential tool for our business: we control our database of clients, projects, budgets, times and offer a professional image with the invoicing. Also, we use it as basic CRM. We are happy with the customer service and with the best and updates that are added to the app.

Pros

Paymo is very useful for budget and billing control, time tracking and customer and project management.

Cons

I would like it to have more advanced functionalities like CRM

Response from Paymo

Appreciate the feedback, Olga!

Indeed, we have no CRM function per se. What we have instead is a light client databse in the form of the Client module.

You can then filter after them in the Clients Table View: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/3064844-clients-table-view

Would this help?

Taylor

Paymo is the Best Task-Managing Platform I've Used

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

Overall Paymo is the best task managing platform I've used. It's clean, simple and user friendly. I would definitely recommend Paymo to other companies.

Pros

I like the flexibility of Paymo. Things are tailored to each day because it makes planning out large projects easier. It also allows for more productivity because we can see what needs to get done for each client right on the main screen. Paymo is also clean and pleasing to look at.

Cons

Something I would like to see improved is the "Progress" settings. As a design/web development company, we have a lot of projects that need to get approved by multiple people so we constantly have dozens of tasks pending/stuck. If there could be a section made specifically for stuck/pending/follow up tasks just to make our Home page less cluttered that would be helpful.

Response from Paymo

Thank you, Taylor!

I think there's a fix to your problem: project status. You can customize them as you wish to better reflect your process: https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/977872-how-to-use-project-statuses

Then filter after them for a top-level view of what you're interested:https://help.paymoapp.com/en/articles/888757-how-do-i-filter-projects-by-status

Did you try them out? We can hear each other at [email protected] :)

Liviu

Best Project Management Solution

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

It is really easy to keep track of all the work that has been done. I'm not sure if it's generally the best project management software out there, but it definitely is the best for our company and our business model.

Pros

In the beginning it was just a software that we could use to time track all our tasks and projects, but it grew on us and right now our business depends on it. It is really easy to use, very easy to keep an eye on the team, and extremely useful in keeping track of all the work that the team does.

Cons

There are not many cons to this software, but if I had to nitpick I would probably say it could have more financial management features, since this is the software that we use for invoicing and keeping track of our finances.

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Paymo

It has better features that help our business.

Response from Paymo

Hi Liviu,

Kudos for your trust in us :)

Would you mind telling us what additional financial management features do you want to see come to light?

I'm asking since we're going to revamp the whole invoicing module, so it's best to submit your use case and suggestions on our community forum: https://community.paymoapp.com/

Thank you!

Vy

Paymo Review

Reviewed on 2020/03/16

Very positive and efficient. Would definitely recommend to others in the industry.

Pros

Very User friendly and efficient in terms of hour and task breakdowns.

Cons

Too many categories. Sometimes I get lost when trying to input my time.

Response from Paymo

Hi Vy,

Thank you for giving us a review! Not sure what you mean with "too many categories" - can you be more specific?

If you're referring to modules, then here's a video on how to enable only those that you want to use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAwY7m3I_kw

• Industry: Architecture & Planning

Simple and beautiful online solution to handle my small design business time tracking needs.

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

The main reason for switching to this software is that it allowed my entire team to track time. After using the software for a few months, there have been several benefits from using the software:
- Interface is very clean and allows to track much more data that I was able to do before.
- As stated in the pros, one of the best feature of the software is that it allows users to create task lists individual for each project. This allows our office to set up each project exactly per the contract. This keeps a tight control on the time spent on the project and allows tracking of additional services that are not part of the original contract.
- I am working on the invoice template for the office. If i am able to set this up correctly, invoicing time would be reduced significantly each month.
- The ability to track time directly out of the windows environment is great.
- I am not using the time tracking feature on my phone, mostly because i spend a lot of time sitting at a desk, however other people in the office are using this feature and are happy with it.
- Next step for us is to start implementing control on billable hours per user. This will allow us to control billable time and help organize employee time and work.

Pros

I have looked at several options for my company and decided on Paymo for the following reasons:
- The software has a very clean and intuitive interface
- One of the best features is how you can customize how projects are set up and tracked. You generate a task list that is checked off as you move trough the project. This is an amazing feature that organizes the project while it tracks it. It took a lot of effort to re-design how my company tracks project but in the end I am very happy with results.
- Pricing system is fair and scalable.
- The software comes with a windows desktop application. It also has a more advanced feature where it automatically calculates how your time is used -I have not tired this yet because I don't think it would work for my office.
- The ability to enter the time on a weekly calendar is fantastic. The software also has a bulk time add feature if needed.
- I am able to export all of the data in CSV format
- You are able to invoice directly out of the software - I have not been able to set up this feature yet but i am working with the support team to figure out how to make it work for my company.
- The software has several features that I have not been able to implement yet.
- Customer support has been great, answer is usually within an hour or two directly from the developers.

Cons

Below is a list of some of the limitations i have encountered using the software.
- The calendar time-sheet input is great, but it should allow drag-paste feature. This would make entering time so much faster. Not a deal breaker, because in the end time input is fairly quick.
- I was not able to import the data from my previous time-sheet software. I would like to see the option to import bulk time from an excel spreadsheet if needed. This is not a critical feature, but I have several years worth of data, that for now have to keep in a different software.
- The software comes with some standard invoice formats, it does take some effort to create custom templates. Architectural service invoices tend to be fairly complicated, I have not been able to set up the invoices as I would like yet. Support is working with me on this issue, so hopefully I can report back once I have it all setup.
- You can create custom reports for anything you want, so getting the data out is not a problem however I find that the process is a bit more tedious than what I was accustomed to before. To be fair I still need to learn the software.

Response from Paymo

Hi Leonardi,

You can use click and drag in Timesheets in the Day and Week view to create new time entries.

Data can be imported/exported by using our API.

You can also clone time reports, so after you get your desired settings for one report, you can clone it and only change some of the settings.

Jack Joseph
Jack Joseph

Easy. Organized. Effective.

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

With Paymo I am able to solve problems and experience benefit. With the project tab I am able to see all of my projects, whether they be complete, inactive, archived, etc. I am also able to view tasks and task lists in different ways that allow me to effectively organize and plan my work day. Invoicing has become easier, as I am able to assign a client to an invoice and have it sent directly to the client's email address. Since my business is mostly run by rates, Paymo's time tracking feature along with the app helps me effectively track my time to charge my clients with the most accurate price. This also helps me with time sheets and time reporting, allowing me to plan for future clients to completely maximize profit.

Pros

Paymo's seamless design makes project management easy. With a simple menu sideline, it is easy to access all that your business needs to run in an organized and efficient manner. It is easy to add users, manage your subscription plan, view and add clients. Paymo's project tab is where you can view, manage, and assign projects and tasks to any user. Collaboration is EASY. And I love Paymo's Accounting tab also. Invoicing, expense input, estimates, and even recurring invoicing has never been simpler. I like how I was able to start with the free plan, then once my business grew I was able to easily switch to a more expansive plan.

Cons

I wish that I could have used more invoices in the free plan, just to grow my business a little bit more before spending more, but I am loving the subscription plan I am on at the moment.

Response from Paymo

Glad to know that you're enjoying the full suite of Paymo, Jack :)

We're working on a few goodies, like an improved client portal, a calendar task view, and a new mobile app release. So stay tuned!

Betsy
Betsy

Paymo Makes Organization Easy

Reviewed on 2023/07/27

Customer service is top-notch. Their helpdesk has always answered promptly when I've messaged them. I was looking for an economical way to track time, invoice clients, and track my expenses, and I have all that and more with Paymo!

Pros

As an independent contractor, Paymo keeps me organized when it comes to clients, billing, time tracking, and expenses. Paymo gives me an at-a-glance look at where I'm at for the month or year, and makes it easy for me come tax time. Highly recommend Paymo for a robust, yet economical, option for freelancers.

Cons

One thing that I ran into is that there isn't a way to record a bonus from a client. So, it looks like a regular invoice when you enter it to track income received.

Efficient and User-Friendly Project Management Tool for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 2023/03/12

Our small business has been using Paymo for over a year now, and we have found it to be an excellent project management tool. It has helped us to stay on track with our projects and has significantly increased our team's productivity.

Pros

One of the things we love about Paymo is how easy it is to use. It was straightforward to set up, and the user interface is intuitive, which makes it easy for anyone to start using it right away. It has saved us a lot of time that we would have otherwise spent on training.

Cons

One thing we found challenging about Paymo is its limited integration options with other software. It would be great if it could integrate with more third-party tools that we use regularly.

ClickUp and Bitrix24

Trello
Peter
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Team management made easy

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

Paymo has transformed how our team works, making time tracking easy and allowing our project managers to accurately assign work to colleagues.

Pros

You can create custom invoice templates, some of our invoices can be rather complicated but Paymo made it easy to set them up.
The time tracking feature is incredibly easy to use, when trialing other applications our staff would always lose interest and forget to update theirs after a few weeks. With Paymo it was so easy to use that our staff have actually stuck with it!
Paymo is constantly being updated based on user feedback, the developers really do listen to their community!

Cons

Tracking a large number of projects at one time can get quite confusing, you can label and categorise them but when working with tens' of small(ish) projects the user interface get's rather busy.
The ability to import previous projects / calendars would be excellent, currently these have to be manually entered in.

Response from Paymo

Hi Peter,

I might use this testimonial on our website :D

Yes, we're aware of the speed problems and already take active steps towards improving it. As for the import function, that's a bit tricky since there's a lot of apps to import data from and no one standard format.

Can you write us at [email protected] about the tool you want to import projects from?

For existing projects in Paymo, you have the project templates.

Thanks!

• Industry: Graphic Design

A reliable way to track your time and obligations

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

Nowadays I use it as the primary way of knowing where we stand in terms of workload and obligations. I can easily know what the team hast to do, and what are the tasks' statuses, and whether they are under budget.

Pros

What I like the most is how it helped me have a grasp of the worked time, which in turn helped me structure prices and give estimates and deadlines.

Cons

I use the team scheduling a lot, but I still miss the ability to navigate directly from a task to its booking.

Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Paymo

Paymo had time tracking for free at the time

Response from Paymo

A pleasure as always, Leonardo!

You will soon be able to schedule bookings directly from the full task details, have sent you a screenshot already ;)

Camiel
  • Industry: Law Practice

Paymo helps our law firm track time and bill with ease.

Reviewed on 2023/04/28

Paymo has helped our firm maximize efficiencies within our time tracking and invoicing functions.

Pros

We love how easy it is to use. Even our most tech-challenged employees learn how to use it quickly.

Cons

I personally find that Paymo's time reporting takes to many steps. I wish there were an easy way to see how much money has been used while I am entering time in a process. Sometimes I think I am getting close to using all the time for a client's budget and I have to spend 5 minutes to run reports to know if I am right or not. I wish there was a function inside each process that could tell you how much time budget is remaining.

Adam

Good Product but needs to be Streamlined

Reviewed on 2020/07/14

There are plenty of things to like about Paymo. Despite the issues I came across I still rate the product above other major tracking software.

Pros

Easy to see how much time I worked on any given project.

Cons

My major issue is that there were plenty of times I wanted to simply duplicate or copy over time I forgot to enter and couldn't because I wasn't given the option. Maybe that has been fixed since I have used this product, however. The timeline for viewing schedules was very hard to use and my team and I just oped to ignore our managers push to use Paymo's timeline scheduling and use google calendar.

Response from Paymo

Hey Adam!

Thanks for the honest feedback. We actually already have the option to copy/paste time entries inside the Timesheets module, be sure to check it out!

Not sure why the Team Scheduling was hard to use, can you give us more details at [email protected]?

A task calendar view is in the works, which will allow you to see task durations on a timeline (including recurring ones). Sign up for the open beta here: https://community.paymoapp.com/t/open-calendar-view-private-beta-testers-needed/1981/19

Alison
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Paymo pays for itself...

Reviewed on 2015/06/23

As a very small business - there are only the two of us - I needed a way to accurately track the time we were spending on client projects. Paymo does that for us in a very straightforward way, and the click-and-create reports mean that I can see the information I need for invoicing and get an overview of how we're working through the agreed hours very easily. Not only is our invoicing more accurate - nearly all our monthly invoices have increased as we're not forgetting the odd half-hour here and there - but I also have the answers to the 'what were we doing all day' questions when we spent time on non-chargeable tasks and I'm able to keep a better track of those tasks, too. (I don't use Paymo's invoicing facility - it seem straightforward enough, but I want to do all my accounting in one application to simplify the VAT process.)

Pros

Support is fantastic - I have only had to ask for help a couple of times, but when I do the built-in online help facility means I get an answer very quickly, using language I understand.

The other thing that is great is the flexibility of the reporting module. One of my clients likes to see how we're using up the agreed project hours as we go through, so I have created a report just for him and given him the link. He's happy to be getting the information he needs to plan without my having to spend time getting it for him.

Cons

Most of the things that were on my wish list have been incorporated into recent releases. The only one I would still like would be the ability to share reports within the company - at the moment, I do a screenshot of the configuration and my employee copies it. It's not a huge issue, but it would be useful to be able to have personal and shared (company-wide) reports.

Katerina

Simple to use Paymo

Reviewed on 2023/05/17

It's easy to use, I have no reason to change.

It's easy to use, I have no reason to change.

Pros

Simplicity, intuitiveness, speed, Good user experience (UX).

Cons

Frequent updates, I have nothing more to add.

John
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Paymo is very user friendly and intuitive.

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

The software saved lots of time on repetative non-billable tasks. It gives us more control over data and helps us narrow our focus on the parts of projects that need more efficiency.

Pros

Paymo is easy to learn, manage, and use. The price is right for most any size company and the core features are well tuned. It has saved time when preparing timesheets each week and helps us track our hours very efficiently. In a service based industry, a software like Paymo takes the uncertainty out of knowing whether or not you are on target.

The ability to gather vast amounts of data in seconds really has helped analyze our effectiveness at estimating and highlight areas for improvement.

The software's permissions setup and general user interactions are much more suited to a company that has competent employees, unlike competitors like T-sheets (quickbooks). Other time trackers tend to assume the employees are incapable of managing their timesheet and set up a lot of rules that act as roadblocks to efficiency. Paymo maintains control without becoming overbearing.

Cons

The built-in invoicing feature is a little difficult to fully customize. It has "custom" options, but they are not full control. It does allow for custom coding for invoice generation which we are doing now, but this requires someone on staff who is fairly well versed in HTML and other scripts/codes.

I wish that Paymo would talk directly with a desktop version of Quickbooks, but it does work with Quickbooks Online through Zapier Apps.

Luis Daniel
Luis Daniel

Ideal tool for project management from small companies to big ones

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

I'm solving the business problems of:
- having all the project planning and content in one single...

I'm solving the business problems of:
- having all the project planning and content in one single place
- tracking the time

Pros

I like the user interface, is very clean and friendly. it takes less than 5 minutes to understand how everything works which is a great advantage to train other people to use this tool. I love how you can organize all the tasks, content and planning for each project. I've been using this software for about 5 years now and will definetely recommend it to others.

Cons

I don't like that they still don't have an easy to use mobile app that shows all the content of a project. the mobile app is very limited. I hope that they can improve and give the mobile development a higher priority since we live in a mobile world these days.

There's no way to capture screenshots of what other employees are doing or measuring the productivity