MangoApps

4,1
4,2
4,4
Femi B.

MangoApps has really helped in managing projects for me and my team especially

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

File management and thread management, it's a great app for sharing and keeping up to date with products and ideas.

Pros

it has a lot of features especially the part of creating threads, wikis, versions of documents, image, and video previews, mentions and tags, group management, chatting functionality and badges too it's really a great application.

Cons

I didn't like the fact that MA doesn't allow video calls and also connections to some external tools and apps for productivity

Response from MangoApps

Femi, thank you for your review, feedback and willingness to recommend MangoApps. Please let us know if you are still finding that there are feature gaps or lack of connectivity with external tools. We've grown a lot just this year alone, and I hope if we haven't already addressed your extended needs, that we are sure to note them for our product roadmap. Thank you again!

Ryhlen S.
Industry: Telecommunications

MangoApps great intranet / project tool

Reviewed on 2020/07/01

Great support and they reach out quickly with answers or help resolve any issues in a timely manner.

Pros

I like the chat that is built in. I also like how customizable the site can be. Multiple integrations with tools we already use.

Cons

The active directory integration alot of other cloud products have a tool we can install on server but this we have to open up a connection to public internet so that mangoapps can pull the sync data from the server

Response from MangoApps

Hi Ryhlen, thank you so much for taking the time to review MangoApps! We're glad to see it fits well into your workflow and become the obvious choice over SharePoint. We look forward to serving you for many years to come!

Vlady S.

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2020/10/16

Overall I have a good experience with MangoApps. It's a great collaborative tool for a small to large business.

Pros

I like working with Mango Apps. It's very easy to use and makes everything super organized. I like the fact there is an app and I can download it to my phone and use the chat function when I am on the go.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches in the text feature, when I delete a preset and try to write my own text it would still show the old text and I have to go back few times until it completely get erased.

It has been an engaging tool - allowing for easy interaction within the team and entire agency

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

- It allows for all the staff to know what is going on at the same time, everyone gets the same info
- Easily able to share resources and updates
- Great way to invite people to events and keep everything organized
- private message feature allows for seamless communication
- project and team groups are great for coordinating with many people
- Intranet is great for HR use and agency wide updates
- Love that it is connected to LinkedIn
- Fun and easy to use like Facebook
- Easy to compose posts

Cons

- I find that the mobile app is not as user friendly
- Even after years of use, cannot really understand the purpose of primary and secondary interactions... don't understand the purpose of separating them

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We appreciate your feedback. I will be sure to pass your feedback along. Cheers!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Martha V.
Industry: Wine & Spirits

Long term MangoApps user

Reviewed on 2020/08/06

We have found the product very successful

Pros

I found the ease of adding and removing guest users for seasonal employees, with low pricing very attractive points.

Cons

I have issues with the tasking app, and have trouble easily completing and deleting tasks. It seems difficult to use.

Response from MangoApps

Martha, thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We appreciate having you as a customer and your feedback is very helpful to our continued efforts to maintain and improve the product. Please contact us at [email protected] to better address your needs with tasks. We will be happy to assist and collect any feedback where we can improve the feature and possible improvements. Thank you again!

Stacey C.
Industry: Financial Services

Stacey Cale - VP Human Resources, Merchants Bonding Company

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

Our implementation representative was helpful and patient through our numerous calls. I loved that you could look on his calendar and book as many meetings as it takes to get through the implementation.

Pros

What we have loved most about about MangoApps is how helpful the team was in guiding us through every step of the implementation. The system is great for being able to give your company's personal look and ease of imputing information.

Cons

At first the system seems overwhelming because there are so many potential functions you can use in the system. Recommend to anyone to first figure out what you want to use the tool for and turn off the other functions at first.

Graham L.
Industry: Financial Services

Good Product

Reviewed on 2020/10/03

We like Mango Apps, for what we pay we feel it is a good product. We operate from Asia, where it does operate ok.
If they had support in different countries and provided the software in multiple languages they would probably dominate the market hands down.
Best to remember that no commercially available product is going to be perfect for everyone, so taking this into consideration they have done a great job in developing the product.

Pros

The improvement you get in communication between employees is great and results in far better proficiencies across your whole business.
Document storage is great for international businesses, the ease of being able to transfer documents between countries securely is a big thing for me.
It does encourage employee engagement which is what we really needed. Many of our people work remotely, so we needed something to combat the isolation.

Cons

1. The chats disappear. I am referring to the actual discussion here. You can have a history of chat and then suddenly it will all disappear never to return! I am talking about the small pop up boxes and not from internet explorer itself.
2. Support is a bit haphazard, I have received replies to one inquiry and then never received a reply to another.
3. Emails do not work. I notice once an email is used by one person the system will not allow you to use the same email for other users, even if the original user is no longer active. I assume this is a security feature, but very unpractical because employees often use the same email.

Wade J.
Industry: Facilities Services

Great software, needs support development

Reviewed on 2020/10/02

Our firm has gained scale and the organization of our documents has expanded exponentially since implementing.

Pros

Ability to organize files and create an intranet with links to specific documents and an ability to maintain organization. Lots of special features.

Cons

1. Ability to block users from deleting items that they upload
2. Support is among the lowest we have experienced. The chat room is rarely open. Responses to service requests often never come and it is at least 24 hours before a response is received.
3. The document approval process needs development.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

MangoApps Review

Reviewed on 2020/07/13

OVerall I have had a great experience using MangoApps, and I use it almost daily.

Pros

Overall MangoApps is a great tool that I use daily and enjoy the chat feature most and mobile usability.

Cons

I think the only thing that I do not like is that occasionally the mobile app fails to work.

Response from MangoApps

Thanks for reviewing MangoApps! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team specifically pertaining to your issues with the mobile app, thank you again!

Jo P.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Could be good as an intranet for big companies

Reviewed on 2020/10/04

not intuitive. not built for SME's. better as a big company intranet?

Pros

easy to save the contents and attachments on email by bcc-ing emails to a project

Cons

finding documents. uploading documents on the app. the app in general

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

James A.

Mangoapps review

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

We have found that MangoApps allows us to attach and share documents that need to be viewed by an entire department in one location. If they belong to the specific group or department, they have the ability to go in and edit documents and save it a a new revision. This feature help when we need to have documents that others outside the group cannot see. We also have the Intranet page that allows us to post content that everyone in the entire company can view. We post a variety of content like thank you letters from customers, employee wedding photos, baby photos, etc. This allows everyone to go to one location.

Pros

I really like the ability to create different groups and departments. This being a business specific application, it is very important to be able to break out content that is specific for each group or department. This allows users to not be overwhelmed with content that does not pertain to them. I have been using this software for a few years now and I can honestly say that it has evolved over the years they have spent a significant amount of time making changes to better suit the end user.

Cons

I feel that updates are pushed out to the web and client with hardly any warning. This makes it diffficult if we have instructions created on how to navigate to a specific area in Mango and then they make changes to the location.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for your review James! We love to hear from our customers, and i'm happy hear the various areas in which MangoApps is meeting the needs of your business. I'm glad you recognize the evolution, please stick around and we'll continue to make this a better tool for all customers new and old. It is an honor to earn your business again and again.

In regards to the improvements that you are looking for when we make updates.. I will be sure to pass that feedback on to the right groups- I take that feedback very seriously and appreciate your concern. Thank you again!

Bruce B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

One of the better intranet/portal offerings available. Very powerful.

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Ability to spin up mini sites for teams and groups to help them collaborate effectively and quickly. The product is able to support many users, all with different needs and styles, and still be managed by one central team/admin. We could potentially have used lesser products that were cheaper, but they all hit the wall at some point, with some missing feature or capability. We have yet to find a hole in what MangoApps offers that truly caused a problem. In addition, they update the product frequently, and introduce new tools and features all the time.

Pros

While there are a host of similar SaaS offerings in this space, they all seem to fall short in one area or the next. Some capabilities are missing, the feature set is not complete, it has reduced/limited functionality, etc. MangoApps is one of the few that has a refreshingly wide breadth of features and capabilities, combined with admin options for customizing and branding to your needs. When considering a collaborative tool like this, it can only be helpful to you if it has the ability to support all of your needs. MangoApps has that. Projects, Departments, Teams and Groups allow you to tailor the site to your organizational structure. Within each of those, there are tools for managing documents, group sharing/collaborating, managing tasks, calendaring, creating informational and blog pages, social interactions (feeds of discussions, etc), as well as a wide variety of pseudo database-like "trackers" for action items, defect tracking, managing resources, ideas, and so on. And if the stock trackers aren't enough, you can create your own and reuse them. The admin features are powerful and granular, meaning you can control almost every aspect of your site, including visibility, access, branding, configuration and more. User membership is also granular, and includes guest accounts which don't count against per-user limits. Our main reason for choosing MangoApps was because it was capable of satisfying every box we had on our list. The others fell short. Highly recommended!

Cons

Along with awesome features, can come some confusion. MangoApps has evolved and improved on a very regular schedule, which means new features and capabilities are added all the time. Unless you stay on top of the changes, you may get lost in the many admin pages provided. The good aspect of that is that they are constantly improving (unlike some others that haven't changed in years) and growing the product, but it does mean you need to pay attention. And browsing through all of the admin configuration settings can take a fair amount of time; there are many settings. In some respects, it would be nice if they offered a quick "Wizard" setup tool for new customers to get a basic site up and running. Our site is fairly well set after several years, but new users might feel daunted by the options facing them at the start.

The per-user pricing can get expensive, depending on how you use it. There is a trade off between the power of the tool versus what it would cost you to develop your own site/portal/intranet yourself. In that regard, the ROI analysis is probably something you'll need to perform for your organization, but it's worth the time to do so, and unless your needs are very basic, you'd be hard pressed to match what they offer . If you can work with the guest users concept (somewhat limiting, depending on needs), then costs come down. If you ARE looking only for a basic portal, then this may not be the cheapest tool for you. Their sweet spot is in terms of productivity.

Response from MangoApps

Bruce, thank you for taking the time to provide us with such an in-depth review. I am glad to know that MangoApps has been a great solution for your business, and you are able to make good use of its power. Regarding the your criticism/cons, I understand your frustrations around product updates and staying up to speed. I have passed this feedback along, and I know we are looking for ways to better manage that experience. Thank you again, cheers!

Christton D.
Industry: Internet

MangoApps: A Great Team Collaboration Tool!

Reviewed on 2020/04/11

The best project managing apps that are so easy to use and learn especially for beginners. The interface looks dated when taking into account design trends but is easy to look at. Some actions like navigating from a section to another could be better, but it's practical and does the job. A UI refreshing would be much appreciated, it would make MangoApps perfect.

Pros

Easy to learn especially for beginners, it does the job and is a very good tool for team collaboration

Cons

The user interface mango looks a bit dated and navigation between the apps really needs to to improved

Response from MangoApps

Hi Christton, thank you for reviewing MangoApps! We are glad to see that it fits well into your workflow and appreciate your feedback on where we can improve on our UI. Please feel free to reach out if you have specific suggestions- we always weigh customer feedback the most heavily. Thanks again!

Chelsie W.
Industry: Construction

Works Great For Our Company

Reviewed on 2020/10/02

We have really enjoyed using this app and we believe it has brought helped us with scheduling and keeping up with days off.

Pros

The two most functional and most used portion of the software are the group calendar that allows for our office staff to request off in one place (this also keeps everyone in the loop about who is going to be out of the office on any given day) and the instant messenger application. We also enjoy that we have the option to use GIF's which is one of the reasons we went with MangoApps. We are full of jokesters around here.

Cons

I think the least thing I like about the two things that we use is that the calendar that pops up initially when you login isnt the "group" calendar. There may be a way to update this, but I have no found it.

Jill T.

MangoApps Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

We've used since 2013 I believe, it's been a great collaboration tool and useful to get things out of email and store shareable (thats the key) data in one place. I like it!

Pros

Easy collaboration in the feeds. Teams, groups, and projects make it nice to only see what the things you're involved in and not everything going on in the company. I like the Intranet, we use it to share company information, employee accomplishments, and even the menu for the cafe downstairs.

Cons

When you want to view a task from the feeds it opens in a pop up view and it not useful because you don't see the comments, I always have to "copy link" then paste that into the browser.
Trackers, the line number is static, so it you sort the numbers stay the same, so if someone reference a line you may not be looking at the same thing if you sorted, there needs to be an actual unique Id.

Response from MangoApps

Jill, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and provide feedback! I'm happy to hear you've been a customer for so long and I hope we can continue to earn your business for many years to come! I will be sure to pass along your feedback as well. Thank you again!

Very good system for tracking projects and storing knowledge in an accessible manner

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Knowledge repository and project management system streamlining.

Pros

Ability to create individual projects within which you can have message feeds, tasks, wikis, file storage etc.
Wikis (external to projects) are used by us as knowledge repositories as are file folders within the system.
Everything is very easily searchable.
Using the desktop app you have live chat functionality.
E-mails - from external systems such as Outlook - can be sent directly to projects and appear in the feed.

Cons

Managing tasks within an individual project is easy but there's no easy way to track tasks across all projects. Tasks can be sorted by unassigned, not started, started, etc. but no overall "not yet finished" type sorting to capture all live tasks and a report can't be created from this view (only within projects). This just creates a bit more work.
No Gantt chart capability.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for your review of MangoApps! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. I've recorded your feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our product teams. Cheers!

Rosa W.

We've been using MangoApps for a year now and it has been great - easy to use and fairly intuitive.

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

We like the different features for collaboration and user engagement. Setting up new groups and projects is easy and staff are finding it very useful to collaborate on projects and assignments. Staff also use these features to interact with other employees on non-work related events (e.g. soccer clubs). Staff really enjoy the Recognition feature, allowing them to thank or congratulate fellow co-workers. The system is easy to use and fairly intuitive and more robust than other systems used in the past. We think Mango is great!

Cons

There are some limitations to certain functionalities, or other functions that are currently not available. However, the Support team is very open to hearing any and all suggestions. They help to try to find a work-around and if there isn't one, they put in request for possible inclusion in future updates. Mango Support is fabulous!

Response from MangoApps

Rosa, thank you for your review of MangoApps! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. It honors me to hear that you are pleased about our Support, and I urge you to keep the feedback and ideas coming! Cheers!

Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Overall great to use, although could use even more customization and tagging

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Working collaboratively across multiple offices on select projects, increased communication with decrease email, better control of company story, filing system

Pros

Easy to learn, and therefore faster adoption of software. It is intuitive, and accessible to everyone, not just tech people. General layout and user experience seems thought out. Also, everyone loves the levels & badges... go figure

Cons

Cons about the software include some customization issues that have recently been rolled out - templates for posts/wikis. With wikis, would be great to edit their ranking (hierarchy) after we publish. Sometimes we create the wiki, only to have to delete it later, because we thought of a different group or category that it should be under.

Also, would like the ability to work on a draft by multiple people before publishing (right now we publish on a closed group, and then take turns editing it there).

Would also like a better tagging system for photos and files with more controls built in.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I will be sure to pass your feedback along. Cheers!

Industry: Computer Software
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Mango has increased the communication and collaboration among our global offices

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Increased company communication (and reduced emails)
Global team collaboration
Single source of knowledge

Pros

I really value the customer support that Mango provides. Whenever I come across an issue on our site, the support team is always quick to respond and help. They are also always thinking of new features to add and welcome input from their customers. The system has also been a great place to serve as our single source of knowledge. So all departmental resources, company announcements, and other relevant information is stored on our site.

Cons

Mango has a lot of great features, but at times there are many steps to accomplish a single task. Things aren't always as intuitive as I'd like. However, I think that the team is always working hard to simplify and improve these processes

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for your review of MangoApps! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. I'm glad to see you are seeing our efforts to simplify and improve processes. Our goal is to not only provide a powerful tool for any use case, but make it easy and intuitive for all businesses and user types. Cheers!

Kevin S.
Industry: Education Management

TinyTake Saves Me Tons Of Time

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Pros

I use TinyTake for a versatile snipping tool that allows me to quickly and easily capture any region and place it where I need it, or into a file for later. The screen recording tool (up to 5 minutes per clip on my free use app) has been a tremendous boost for creating training and informational videos at work.

Cons

The touch-up tools for editing a screenshot are not strong. Maybe that's expected as this is FREE, and I can drop the snipped region into any program in seconds. But there are times I would like to do that work native in TinyTake, and since the option is there, I include that in my rating.

Response from MangoApps

Thank you for your feedback Kevin! I'm glad to see that TinyTake has been a versatile tool that saves you time, that is exactly what we've set out to accomplish. I will also be sure to pass along your feedback regarding the touch-up and annotation tools. Thanks again!

Tyressa J.
Industry: Education Management

MangoApps user advocate

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

My experience with MangoApps has been excellent. I have enjoyed connecting through this software to the platforms that I need to communicate with professionals all over the world. I enjoy being able to store and save documents and files and archived them in the event I want to use them later. I appreciate the notifications and know that I can change them as I desire. I will continue using MangoApps and advocating for its continued use to access the platforms I need. Thank you
From a very supportive and satisfied user!

Pros

I love that MangoApps is free, easily accessible. user friendly, upload from the computer is fast, having the opportunity to connect with others across various states is one of my most favorite benefits, and knowing that no matter who I speak with has a similar priority as mine, how do we meet the needs of those we serve.

Cons

I do not have any cons about MangoApps. I think it is easy to sign up and sign in and you can connect with how many people you want to and you can come and go within communities or work groups.

Response from MangoApps

Tyressa, thanks for reviewing MangoApps and being our strong advocate! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team, thank you again!

Jean M.
Industry: Computer Hardware

The product and ourselves have grown together.

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

One place to house everything. The price is reasonable. The customer service has been wonderful lately.

Pros

The all in one place for our files. We only use the software for chatting and a file repository. We have eliminated the need for folders in-house and upload with PDF's by customer and year. We have been thru two vendor audits who gave us high praise for our filing system.

Cons

When it is updated it is a mandatory update. We find that causes us some downtime. The web interface is a bit clunky. The mango sync has caused people to lose files.

Response from MangoApps

Jean, we take pride in our customer's satisfaction, and I agree- we have grown with a lot of our clients. I'm glad that MangoApps has been a good solution for your business. I have passed along your feedback and concerns, and I hope that those are addressed if not already.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Kyryl L.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

The perfect mix between simplicity and functionality (TinyTake)

Reviewed on 2018/12/15

I am an educator. Many of the student's questions can be answered with a screenshot, an arrow and a few lines of text. It is a great way to eliminate unnecessary writing and illustrate my response with an image - a sure way it will be remembered.

Pros

Simple to incorporate into my workflow. A few annotation features - but all that I need. Possibility to upload image, thought I don't frequently use that, I can see that it would be indispensable to posts in forums, Reddit, etc.

Cons

All annotation shapes have shadows that I can't remove. Video capture also adds inner shadow on the top and left sides of the frame.

Response from MangoApps

Kyryl, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that TinyTake fits well into your work flow. I will be sure to pass along your feedback regarding the annotations. Thank you again!

Siobahn H.

It has increased our overall communication and capturing information.

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

The collaboration and ability to direct the information to the right people, teams etc. We can troubleshoot issues in a more effective way than our business software. The search ability makes it a invaluable resource over trying to find things in email. We use Mango every day and have really built our company culture around the capabilities and efficiency it creates.

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to understand the best way or best practice for how to deliver the information. Teams, projects, departments etc all have different functions and you have to really understand them and utilize them properly.

Response from MangoApps

Siobahn, thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I will be sure to pass your feedback along. Cheers!

Joe F.

A tool in the toolbox

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Overall we're happy with the product, and will continue to use it.

Pros

Collaborating in MangoApps is almost automatic. We have a thriving ecosystem of Groups, Projects and Departments in MangoApps.

Cons

Sometimes the updates are pushed and changes made to the UI or to functionality (which sometimes cause bugs) with little to no warning. A better communicated and tested update process would be beneficial.

Response from MangoApps

Joe, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm glad to hear that MangoApps is working well for your company and that things are thriving as you mention. I do hear you loud and clear regarding the update notifications and update process. I will pass along that feedback so that we can address this for yourself and many others. Together we make MangoApps better every day, thank you again for your feedback!