Kickserv

4,4 (317)
#1 Most User-Friendly Software to Run a Service Business

Ted S.

Excellent functionality and ease of use

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Kickserv offers us the opportunity to quickly reschedule and update work orders in real time. The Quikbooks integration saves us time and money because we only enter customer info once.

Pros

Kickserv enabled us to scale up the business and offers us excellent tracking for billing, communication, and customer service.

Cons

There are no issues or downside for my company.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you Ted. Your loyalty and willingness to take a moment to give us feedback is worth a lot to us. I hope it also helps others.
Cheers!

Katielynn K.

Best Value for Scheduling/invoicing software

Reviewed on 2021/11/23

Overall, I have been more than satisfied with Kickserv. I initially navigated the platform pretty easily, along with ample help from the support team. Whenever I experience a problem, I receive help via the chat function from the same customer support members who are quick to provide solutions.

Pros

This product makes it easy to store a lot of data for our business including customers, project history, photos of job sites, notes for customers, dispatching crews to jobs, invoicing customers.

Cons

We experience some software bugs throughout use, which are often resolved with time. If I delete something on accident, there is not an undo button. If we change an estimate for a customer, there is no easy access to old records of past versions of the estimate unless we duplicate them every time we make a change. This can put us in a situation sometimes we are trying to substantiate claims to contractors about original estimates and the changes we made. Sometimes Kickserv will not work at all for a short period of time while our crews are on jobsites trying to upload photos/information or find their next jobsite, though this fairly rare. I wish there was an option to not allow credit card payments for certain invoices such as our contractors who are much larger jobs. Though, we have worked around this with different options such as sending a PDF instead.

ServiceTitan

Reasons for Switching to Kickserv

I did a one hour conference call with the ServiceTitan team and the platform seemed like it would be difficult to learn and was extremely expensive. They promised we would save money with the efficiencies the program would provide, but I just did not see it. Many of the functions they provided were completely unnecessary for our business when considering the cost of their service.

Response from KickServ

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, as well as continuing to support us, Katielynn. If you encounter anymore issues, please don't hesitate to reach out. We will be happy to assist you with resolving any issues.

Nick S.

Reviewed on 2021/11/29

we have to have two different programs to achieve all the needs we have. If it had further ability's

Pros

Desktop functionality. Lets us prepare things that iOS and iPad os can not.

Cons

No landscape mode on iPad os. This makes the user experience almost not worth using on a iPad.

Response from KickServ

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We greatly appreciate it. I will pass your suggestion along to our team for future consideration as I can see how landscape mode on our mobile application would be beneficial. Thank you again for your continued support.

Doug H.
  • Industry: Music

Servicing Company - Long-time User

Generally very good.

Pros

- As a CRM software, we are able to manage all of our customers, scheduling, invoicing and reporting (not as bookkeeping or Financial Statements) in a generally good way.
- The inter-connectionedness of the various parts of the software makes it easy to navigate from one function to another.
- Although there has been some down time (which can be very difficult because we cannot function), but over the long-term it has not be crucial. Being an online CRM allows me to use any device.
- We are able to save virtually anything (pics, docs, etc.) for future use, which has been crucially important to us.
- The integration with Stripe for payment from our customers is now essential to our processes. It has worked flawlessly, easy to use, and easy to deal with Stripe for various things we need to do, including refunds.
- It works well for both our field service and in-shop jobs. This is crucial because using two systems would be very difficult.
-We are easily able to tailor the Products/Services, pricing, descriptions, to our specific needs - not being locked into some format that we don't like.

Cons

- Support is sometimes tedious.
- New features added (if we find out about them at all) can be very disruptive to our processes, and confusing. While some of them make sense in a wider world, they sometimes are baffling and frustrating in our business.
- We have 2 locations (and hope to have many more) and need to have separate systems. Kickserv requires us to use separate browsers for each. How are we going to be able to do that with 5 or 10 locations? And we're finding that some functions (e.g. access to support!) are no longer working on Firefox, one of the best and most popular browsers available. This is a serious problem for us.
- Although a great deal of our business is field work, we do not/cannot use the mobile app with our techs because it is far too limiting. They need to be able to access much more information than what is available to them, and so we have them login through a browser on their phones.
- There are essential functions that we have to do in business that Kickserv has not been able to program into the system (even when we offered to pay big $ to get them). E.g. There are several email templates, and auto sending emails: We need one to be sent as a follow up to Jobs, and another (sent out 6 or 12 months later) to remind people to schedule services . We have to do all of this manually, and would love to find a way to get it done automatically. Summary: Some things are hard to get into the software that other companies would also make good use of.

Response from KickServ

Thank you Doug for your continued support and taking the time to leave us some feedback. We greatly appreciate it. Know that your feedback does not fall on deaf ears and we are always working on ways to improve Kickserv.

Jennifer M.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Great for One Tech

Reviewed on 2021/11/29

I enjoy using the product from my desk and the tech doesn't have any complaints from the app.

Pros

I like that i can invoice the job with clear notes and history to the clients from my tech. Scheduling is easy.

Cons

Wish there was a way to alert the tech out of the app. I review a work order and see I need more notes or need him to advise on a part # so that I can quote. I have no way to tell him this other than to copy the notes and email him separately.

Salesforce Sales Cloud and Smart Service

Reasons for Switching to Kickserv

ease of use and low cost for using with just one tech.

Response from KickServ

Thank you for the wonderful review, Jennifer. I know the idea of two way communication within Kickserv, among employees, has been kicked around. I'll be sure to pass the feedback up the ladder. :)

Paul B.

Entry level service management software that works well.

Reviewed on 2021/11/23

It is a solid choice for the price. It makes keeping track of all our jobs possible and is a great step up from paper or spreadsheets. I feel it is priced fairly.

Pros

Capturing all the jobs we have on the go, being able to catergorize them by type, and by status (unscheduled, scheduled, in progress, on hold, completed) really helps on the backend to keep invoices moving out.

Cons

Individual asset/equipment history would definitely be useful.

Housecall Pro, Jobber and QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to Kickserv

Simplicity of use, feature-rich, reasonably priced.

Response from KickServ

Thank you Paul for taking time out of your busy day to leave the positive review. While we do not have inventory management yet, perhaps it's something we will consider In the future. Thank you for your continued support.

Shane L.

Kickserv Kicks Ass

Reviewed on 2021/12/06

Excellent product and fast, reliable support.

Pros

Kickserv is easy to use and easy to learn. It has more than enough functionality for my small business and integrates well with the Stripe payment system. The scheduling and calendar feature are extremely useful in daily planning.

Cons

The home page is useless. Some of the reporting functions need work.

Jobber

Reasons for Choosing Kickserv

The other product didn’t offer scheduling functionality.

Reasons for Switching to Kickserv

Kickserv was recommended by an associate.

Response from KickServ

Shane - that is sort of an unofficial motto "it's that easy". And the fact you are finding that collecting your money is a snap using Stripe is great news. The dashboard of the application is for the owner to manage their Customer flow line (Opportunity > won > job > follow-up > invoicing > to collecting payment). I recommend you write into [email protected] or use your blue message bubble in the app and we can certainly do more training on this with you. Thank you again.

Beverly F.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Great product and service

Reviewed on 2021/11/24

The biggest benefit is time saved. We run a small, family locksmith business. My husband and son are out on the road and I'm in the office. We've expanded into a home watch business as well. Kickserv is very efficient and cut my labor time by at least a third. Plus, the techs out on the road can pull it up on their phones and don't have to call in to ask questions about jobs.

Pros

Ease of use. We looked at several options and Kickserv has the best quality for the price. We use the product differently than intended. The color coding intended for services we use for our technicians. I look at the calendar and I can see where each one is by the color. We do use some colors for services such as active jobs or jobs on hold. Kickserv integrates smoothly with QuickBooks online which saves a lot of time and work. We do our invoicing in Kickserv and it syncs with QB immediately.

Cons

I can't think of anything right now that I'd change.

Response from KickServ

Thank you Beverly, for taking the time to leave us the SUPER review!

Christy S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Quick to learn, Easy to use, Adapt to your needs

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

We are able to create estimates and work through an ongoing job without it effecting our bookkeeping within Quickbooks Online. Kickserv has allowed us to track our time records in records within the job record, but then only enter one final labor charge within the invoice itself. We are able to keep greater detailed notes about the piece of equipment without them being accessible to the customer.

Pros

Synchronization with Quickbooks Online.
Basic functions are easy to use.
Adaptable to your companies needs with custom fields and reports.
Directions/maps are integrated into each customer location for quickly planning your days journey.

Cons

You are unable to print report/search results from Kickserv, you are required to export to CSV format.
It does not contain an inventory feature within the software.

Response from Kickserv

Christy,
Thank you for your time. We very much appreciate the review. Beutel and Kickserv have been working with each other over 9 years now.
I can work with you to see if we can come up with a solution for the printing situation.
We now have two fabulous features that you may want to check out - Edge and Listings. They are certain to help your company grown

Samuel s A.

Kickserv has transformra

Reviewed on 2021/11/24

Awesome

Pros

This product was very Convenient...thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Cons

Stipe fee are too much ....other than the I love it

Response from KickServ

Thank you for the feedback and continued support, Samuel. 5 stars is what we strive for. Thank you again.

Randall M.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Overall, I like Kickserv. I rely on it for my business, and the product continues to improve.

Reviewed on 2017/06/25

It helps me manage four irrigation service technicians and keep them going where they need to go.

Pros

Their web site when used on a desktop computer is great for scheduling and dispatching. We use it throughout the day to line up jobs for our technicians. Previously existing customers are easy to find using their search feature. I can add a new job, and then click a button and it sends the technician a text message with the job description and address. The technician can click on the address link and get the GPS coordinates on their smart phone. The workflow is logical and consistent. When things go wrong, they are good about communicating what is happening.

Cons

We are really only able to use part of the service. While it is excellent for scheduling, it is not useful for invoicing unless your invoicing needs are very basic. The product is not compatible with Quick Books groups. I don't use their mobile app. I prefer their mobile web site, but recent changes have made their mobile site less useful. Their server sometimes gets overloaded and the software becomes unresponsive. Tech support is inconsistent. Sometimes very helpful. Sometimes condescending. If a customer has an email address, it will automatically send this customer a reminder notice. There is no way to turn this feature on or off. For recurring jobs where we go back to the customer again and again, this is a problem because we don't always schedule the customer on the same day every month. It also gives the customer a link to the customer account center, which we also do not use, since we are unable to use Kickserv's invoicing feature.

While Kickserv continues to make improvements to the service, I frequently find myself frustrated because improvements are often not fully tested, resulting in unpleasant side effects. Example - recent formatting changes have made the scrollable area of their mobile web site very small and difficult to work with. Another change awhile back formatted all of my old customer data in such a way that their addresses would fail to appear in the text messages sent to my technicians. I am having to manually change all of these.

Jodi G.

Kickserv is a still

Reviewed on 2015/12/09

Pros

The product is simple to use and meets my customer service and scheduling needs for the price of the cloud software but also allows me to customize things without major programming or fees to get somebody else to do it. I paid for the Boot Camp training and was very worth it just to get things setup and understand the software. It sync's reliably with QuickBooks which has been a problem in the past for our company with other cloud based Customer Service Programs. The vendor has been GREAT! They feel like my team as they always respond within minutes to hours of my questions or problems I do run in to. I just send them a quick email and they help. Also they are always interested in my recommendations and are also getting feed back frequently from me and making improvements to the software. One thing that is great is that they provide a portal to the customer so any changes I make to an estimate or schedule or notes can be seen by the customer (they only see notes you want them to see). They can be abreast with what is going on with their work order. They also can pay for their invoice right online as well which I love so my customers have more control over their payment needs. Also our Kickserv is linked to our website so anytime a customer wants to contact us it creates an OPPORTUNITY in Kickserv for us to follow up on and notifies us via email that we have an interest. I would and have recommended Kickserv to other businesses.

Cons

This product does not handle the purchasing side of things which I would love to see. It sounds like they are looking into expanding this software to handle tracking purchases. Right now I just use QuickBooks for this. I also don't like the HTML language which is required for the setup of the invoice, estimates and work orders templates. It is hard to work with being I am not a programmer. I have managed to figure things out on my own with their help site and calling them. Its not a major issue but something I think they can improve on more. Again the Kickserv Team has been very helpful in anything I try to do or questions I have.

Sandy S.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Superior Elevator Inspections - We Love Kickserv!

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

We have many customers that have many conveyances that we have to inspect per State requirements. Each has a different State Identification Number to record and track which we use in scheduling. We have to do much coordination between elevator contractors (Otis, Schindler, Kone, etc.), our customer building owners, and our inspectors. It's not always easy but Kickserv makes things much more manageable. Prior to Kickserv, spreadsheets, Word calendars and white boards were used...it was like the Dark Ages. :)

Pros

It's so easy to use and functions well for most of our needs. I LOVE the Special Instructions section and the clarity it provides in the Overview tab. Tags are also very helpful for our needs. The Resource calendar is fantastic too. Sometimes updates made in QB don't seem to come over to Kickserv in a timely manner but I think they usually do eventually. Overall, Kickserv has been a game-changer for us and I'm grateful every day for it's availability.

Cons

On my wish list is a feature that will allow me to duplicate contact information of one customer and paste it into that of another. We deal with many management companies who manage several of our customers and I have to re-type their contact info into each shared customer that we have. Reports are a little cumbersome to create but I did work in Salesforce.com many years ago and found that to be the case with them too.

Response from Kickserv

Hi Sandy,

SUPER review! You have been a very loyal customer for over 3 years! Thank you. We do thrive on feedback from our customers like you. Your viewpoints were insightful, and I believe they will help others.

Leeann B.

Great customer service every time!

Reviewed on 2017/12/26

Pros

This software is easy to use and some really great features... I like that I can drag appointments from one day to the next if needed. And contact customer service if needed easily.

Cons

I wish there were more alerts that would come up - such as an alert that will come up when scheduling someone that has an open balance so that we can let the customer know when scheduling, also what would be really helpful is if there was an alert that pops up stating that there is already a scheduled appointment open for that customer to avoid potentially double booking a customer (sometimes a wife will call to schedule and the husband may have already scheduled and it gets confusing). When scheduling multiple days on jobs I wish it didn't go on top of the calendar but blocked out the time. Also wish that there was an alert that would come up if a customer address is already in the database to avoid duplicates. Also, wish that email reminders were able to customize so that we could change time frames as we schedule in 2 hour increments - so we are really not able to use the feature which is one of the reasons we picked this scheduling software over others.

Response from Kickserv

Hello Leeann - thank you for your time and feedback. To help avoid duplicate bookings our best practice is to search customers by street address prior to booking. Street addresses are very unique and will display any prior events for that location.

Jeff Q.

Fits our company's needs and overall easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Pros

It is overall easy to customize to fit our needs. There are many features we use and I'm sure many more we don't. Allowing other employees to view, create notes and have user access is very helpful for our business. Also, the search option is great. When forgetting what address is associated with what customer, the search option is a helpful go-to when looking for a random piece of information.

Cons

I wish it was easier to navigate online "help topics". While the customer service on the phone is great, it would be nice to access online articles. I haven't found them especially helpful. Also, when clicking on a customer and then accessing the jobs in their profile, it has been very frustrating seeing old jobs come up first. I don't want to see 2014 jobs, I'd rather see the ones I'm currently on, being 2018. Making the option to choose a date view and then having KickServ remember my last selection would be very helpful.
In-Progress (for jobs) tab is really confusing. We only use Scheduled or Completed. We have one job in In-Progress (not sure how it got there) and don't know how to move it to Scheduled. This is very confusing and frustrating as we don't use this feature and don't know how to get rid of it. Please get rid of In-Progress or make the option to not use, more accessible.

Chelsea v V.

Kickserv has been a valuable addition to our business. It helped our company become more...

Reviewed on 2017/11/26

Pros

The calendar and resource views and functionalities are the best features of Kickserv. We have 7 vehicles on the road and we need to know where they are and how each job went. Kickserv allows us to communicate in a cloud based system that all of our techs can access in real-time. When a change is made to the calendar, all office staff can see it. Technicians can leave job notes before they leave the job site, and customers can pay online after they are invoiced by email.
The newer look of KickServ was a real step up from the original Service Sidekick. It has grown with us and continues to get better everyday. It has really begun to feel like we have a real business and we are happy with the way KickServ has grown into theirs as well.

Cons

The technicians cannot see the description of charges in the itemized list of charges while using the mobile app on their phones.
Some issues with recurring jobs - I have found that most of the issues get resolved as soon as we mention them to the KickServ customer service team. If there is an answer, the team is willing to try and find it.
When KickServ lags or goes down it slows our company down to a crawl. It was worse before, and only keeps getting better.

Ambyr E.

Asked for help, via the chat bubble, tech Tina responded within a few hours!

Reviewed on 2017/06/29

Pros

The software is very organized, easy to navigate through, I like that there's more than one way to search for something. I think the Dispatch View is an amazing concept! I am in the service industry and have technicians that I send all over S. OC, having a map right there and not having to switch back and forth with google maps would be wonderful! I really hope they will be able to fully incorporate it into the software. The texting concept is another wonderful idea I recently saw added. A lot of my customers ask for texts because their at work and in meetings etc, so to have this feature fully functional would be another efficient bonus!

Cons

There really isn't anything I dislike about this software. Recently, the Kickserv Team had to do a massive switch over, customers from their old software switched over to the new one and it caused problems across the board. However, our business didn't suffer too much and Kickserv's tech team was on a solution right away! I also really appreciated their update blog while they were fixing everything. We also had a problem with syncing to Quickbooks and Quickbooks locking our ability to change contact info from Kickserv. But that's been fixed as well!

Richard Z.

#1 in Customer Relationship Management & Dispatching software

Reviewed on 2021/05/12

Kickserv has streamlined my service-based business. It's easy to use for dispatching and task reminders. It also syncs with my bookkeeping software, google calendar, reputation management software and Stripe.

Pros

It is easy to start using the kickserv system, especially since they have such a phenomenal support staff

Cons

I have used this software for over 8 years and the ONLY thing I still would like to see is a more robust search ability. For example, if I were to look for every job that I did "carpet cleaning," I would get a list (instead of having to pull a report).

Highrise and Salesforce Field Service

Reasons for Switching to Kickserv

Easy of use with all of the integrations I need to grow my business.

Response from KickServ

Hello Richard - You have been a fabulous advocate of Kickserv over the years. I'm glade we are helping your business.

Cyndi F.

Get your DISPTACH house in order

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

We have been with Kick Serv through a lot of growing pains. As a "non techy" person, I was very frustrated in the beginning but now have become a believer that THIS IS a great program for our growing business. I am looking forward to see which upgrades are coming for 2019. (Allow techs to search for specific job numbers in the field, colors change as job phases are uploaded with new people assigned to same job, adding the use of our standard quote forms, time sheet management)

Pros

Able to track all incoming calls with a glance at calendar screen. See every tech (color coded) daily, weekly and monthly. Track days off, vacations, in a glance, with customer on the phone!

Cons

Still no way to automatically change color coding as each phase of a project is completed and we need to add different tradesmen to the job. We have to "open" each job BEFORE we schedule a tech to see if he/she is already assigned to an ongoing job.

Response from Kickserv

Hello Cyndi,
Many thanks for the abundance of positive feedback. And as always the suggestions to make our product better and more user friendly is what we thrive on here.

To quickly gather what jobs a technician or tradesman is on go directly to our Jobs index page and use the "assign to" filter.

Ping me back from within the app if you'd like to discuss this idea further. We are here to help.

Lou S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

All Fixed Appliance Repair review

Reviewed on 2021/11/30

Overall, the experience has been very positive. We're happy that we decided on this one.

Pros

Real time scheduling, mobile use, files attachments, work order creation

Cons

Customer portal to request service is cumbersome, bug reporting has become more difficult with the new chat robot. I usually video the issues to better explain the bug. I can't do that any more.

FieldEdge and Octopus CRM

Cost and features

Response from KickServ

Howdy Lou. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. We greatly appreciate it. The new support system is fairly new and we will continue to work on making it easier to to reach us, as well as report bugs. Thank you again for the feedback.

Dorian M.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Good experience overall, customer support time is frustrating tho...

Reviewed on 2017/08/23

We boost productivity big time with this software!

Pros

This software offers great functionality and customization, so far has been the one that adapted the most to our requirements. New functionalities are added on weekly basis which is really nice. Price is very accessible for small business. Is easy to use once that you get the grip on it which takes time because some stuff is somehow counter intuitive, I seriously recommend getting the paid support/training sessions otherwise you will get very frustrated.
integration with QB and use of credit card payment is solid.

Cons

Customer support time is frustrating, they take at least several hours to get back to you then sometimes they will reply and stop answering for another several hours, this made us almost regret our decision when setting up our account. They offer documentation for the software but a lot of topics are mere drafts and do not contain a lot of information. Despite the fact that they answer really slow they are very helpful with the answers provided and you can be sure your problem will get solve 90% of the time or a feature request will be placed.

Sometimes the system gets really slow , specially on Monday mornings and end of the month, contacting support and letting them know seems to fix the issue most of the time...

The Android app could use some improvement although it has improve a lot in the last 6 months.

Scott N.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Kickserv Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/12

Kickserv allows us to go semi paperless and cuts out time from dispatch to accounting.

Pros

The ability to store everything together.

Cons

It did not integrate with QuickBooks Online as we had hoped. It integrates with it, but not everything transfers.

Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate

Reasons for Choosing Kickserv

Too much Double-Entry from dispatch to accounting

Price
Amir J.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best CRM Platform!!

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

-Easy way to download and calculate jobs for accounting.
-Great way to have clear access for everyone in the company to the CRM via the app. The detailed and yet simple organizational process with Kickserv has added tremendous value to us.

Pros

-Organization of data and customer list
-Convenient way to calculate weekly, monthly jobs sold.

Cons

-Sometimes it does not load properly
-Would be great what time notes are added to NOTES section for each tab

Response from Kickserv

Hello Amir,
Thank you for your feedback and EXCELLENT scoring. We have been doing field service work for well over 30 years now. Plus, thank you for your feature request since I was able to submit it within our Product Board.

Jessica S.

Small company that rapidly grew!

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

Pros

We love the simplicity of it, the work flow is really easy with the unschedule, scheduled, in progress, etc tabs. It keeps the jobs organized. We love that it is capable with our QuickBooks keeping our books stright is very important to us.

Cons

The mobile app has had a number of bugs and issues. But we contact customer service and it seems to fix. However we still run into minor issues here and there.

Response from Kickserv

Hi Jessica,
Your company has been a very loyal customer for 4 years now! Thank you. Plus, it's great to hear how much you like our Support team. Keep connecting with us with our in-app chat support because we are here to help.

Chris M.

Great but still a few glitches

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

We have been using the program for about a year, and it is for sure better than other programs that we have used in the past. ANd the ease of talking to a real person in tech support is WONDERFUL!
But there are still a few issues we have come across. One is that it only works properly on FireFox, and is the only program I use that actually works on that browser, so I have to have that on all the time just for Kickserv.
Next is that when there is an error, there is no clear explanation as to what the error is. The program seems to tell me that there is an error, but that's it. I literally worked for about a month with tech support because I could not sync any new customers between Kickserv and Quick Books. This made end of the year very frustrating. When it finally started working, I still don't know what was actually the problem.
The last issue I have, is that I can't make the phone/tablet app user friendly for my techs in the field. I need them to be able to adjust more things, change times, add/reschedule jobs etc, and they can't do it. I was hoping this would help so they didn't forget to tell me what needed to be done, but they can't do it from their tablet.

Pros

Able to change as needed, and easy to integrate with Quick Books. Easy to contact a real person in tech support.

Cons

Don't feel that the phone/tablet app is user friendly