Creately Reviews

4.3/5 (108 reviews)
Nimanthi R.

an instinctive and simple to utilize Visual Collaboration stage

Reviewed on 2019/04/26

Key highlights of Creately Simple to Use Interactive Interface Constant Collaboration for Team Work Expertly Designed Templates to Get Started Fast Broad Shape Set Grouped into Libraries Fare Diagrams as PDF, JPG or PNG Work area Application for Offline Drawing Coordinated Google Image and Icon Finder Search Code Generation to Embed Diagrams to Websites Takes a shot at Windows, Linux and Mac OS Network Browser to Quickly Find Diagrams Capacity to Import Images Single Sign-On Drag and Drop Interface

Pros

Creately is an instinctive and simple to utilize Visual Collaboration stage that is utilized by dispersed groups far and wide to convey all the more successfully. Creately's special and incredible relevant interface is anything but difficult to utilize and it works with the full capacities of a Desktop application. Creately is open anyplace, draw and configuration directly in your program. No downloads or chaotic security setups required. It is a totally intelligent online programming worked for cooperation. You would now be able to welcome your group, customers, and clients to safely survey, remark and update business, specialized and logical outlines. The plastic, hues and actually simple to utilize. Basic, straight forward to utilize and not costly Simple diagram creation. Simple to look work for articles. Simple print It is effectively imparted to numerous clients to have a living archive for cooperation.

Cons

I can't think whether anything I didn't care for. Now and then it's extremely hard to import an SVG record Maybe a few highlights to upgrade the look and feel of the outlines. Ongoing joint effort highlights appear to hinder the application a bit The charting interface is structured in light of straightforwardness and accommodation. Shapes are assembled into libraries and just the vital libraries are stacked so the interface won't get jumbled with shapes. With ongoing joint effort, numerous clients can deal with together on a similar outline. Everybody can see the changed made by others immediately, making it simple to respond and decide.
Our inventive highlights incorporate relevant apparatus bars and 1-click make an interface. In 1 single tick, you can make the following item and the vital connectors too

Highly recommended for businesses and individuals

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

Creately is highly recommended for businesses and individuals which create a large number of diagrams and flowcharts, since they can create these images quickly and without much effort, using the templates and other tools available.

Pros

Creately has more than 1000 templates, libraries and over 100,000 different examples which can be easily adapted by the user for their requirement. These examples can help the user visualize easily. The software can be used for creating flowcharts, UML and User interface mock ups in different patterns. One of the main advantage of Creately is the provision for collaboration, which allows the user to collaborate with up to twenty others online to create diagrams, flowcharts and other images together. This is helpful in collaborating with clients and colleagues any where in the world as required, saving time. The software can be used online or offline if required for creating different images.

Pros
- suitable for creating diagrams, flowcharts quickly
- more than 1000 different types of templates and 100,000 examples available, which can be reused to create images quickly, saving time
- collaboration feature, for working with customers and others world wide
- can be used offline and online.

Cons

Cons
- payment required, not suitable for those who require it occasionally

Marco D.

Save your money for a better app

Reviewed on 2015/01/08

Creately is a fairly intuitive and easy to use app. And it is quite inexpensive compared to the competition

Unfortunately, it is by no means presentation quality at all. Professionally, it would be suicide to present anything that comes out of this app. I purchased Creately for flowcharting and wireframing. I can use it for neither for the following reasons.

1. no rulers or guides.
2. the type is not center justified correctly on any shape you try to use.
3. The center of the parallelograms are off center. So when you try to align a vertical column of shapes the parallelograms make your chart step to the side.
4. Scaling. If you try to scale the stop/start shape. It distorts....and not just a little bit.
5. The 1-click create other objects command only allows you to create two different objects. The problem with this is that if you are using a specific color style or font, you have to format the shapes that weren't included in the command.
6. there is no (no fill) option for any of the shapes. So if you try to use the swimlanes you can't see the grid.
7. The connecting lines will put up a fight. Especially when you don't want them to.
8. If you need to use this work for a presentation, you will need to import the file into illustrator and then fix everything to the extent that it is just faster and easier to do it all in illustrator.

Response from Cinergix Pty Ltd

Hi Marco,
Thanks for using Creately and taking the time to leave a review. Although we agree with some of your points some are bit off the mark. I'll try to address them one by one.
1. Agree. Will talk with dev team about adding a ruler.
2. Disagree. As soon as you type the text is center justified.
3. Agree. Will ask the dev team to fix this.
4. Disagree. The start/end scale seems to scaling as required.
5. Disagree. 1-click create adjust according to the context/diagram type. For example when drawing a flowchart by default you can create a process, decision or a start/end.
6. Disagree.There is a fill option in the toolbar. To see the grid when using a swimlane, select the swimlane, click "Fill" and check the "No Fill" option under colors.
7. Agree. The connecting lines adjust according to the diagram. Its done to speed up diagramming and most of our users appreciate it. But in a large complex diagram it can be a hinderance.

Most of this probably happened because we did a poor job of educating our users. And we'll definitely work on improving our help section. If you feel what we've mentioned is wrong or not sure about anything above please drop a mail to [email protected] and probably we can convince you with a live demo or work together to resolve your issues.

Thanks again for using Creately and hope to see you coming back soon.

Sincerely,
Creately team.

Vinoch S.

Best collaboration and diagram tool!

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Pros

I have used this tool in my organisation for more than 2 years. We used this tool to draw diagrams to support our SRS documents ( Software Requirements Specifications). Mostly we drew flow charts, Entity diagrams, Class diagrams and Mind maps. Easy tool with great support to export your documents in JPEG, PNG or PDF formats. Sharing feature provided our team to collaborate in a single diagram in real time and can able to comment on each shapes.

Cons

They should improve their mobile support. We can view the diagrams only but cannot be able to interact or edit them on the mobile.

Rapid Updates

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Pros

The UI is beautiful. The UX is intuitive. The chart style and elements are highly customisable. I see updates and new features very often.

Cons

There is still some functionality missing (like moving diagrams from one folder to another) and the occasional graphical glitch. However, with the current rate of updates I feel those are coming very soon! I

Creately for free and awesome drawings

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Very interesting and glad that i found this to simplify the scenarios and work around my software projects.

Pros

Creately is a Free and open license on-line licensed software that can be used very easily for all sorts of diagramming and work flow designing. I have been using creately for more that 4 years for my work and campus work.

Highly recommend using creately for simple or advanced diagramming

Cons

Limited options available in the free version was the main blocker for me and the watermarks. But always it is best to proceed with the paid plan as it is totally worth purchasing that.

Economy cost curves made easy

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Pros

I really liked being able to graph quickly and make my graphs look really professional. It is also helpful that I can copy and paste them to include new cost curves in the same graph

Cons

2 things, most software like this have unlimited space on a sheet (ie. One Note, Grafio, etc). Creately limits your space and therefore I can't keep all graphs that go with the same subject together. The second thing I don't like is not being able to paste in objects like brackets, etc. Their options are very limited and something as simple as brackets can't be pasted in from a different source.

Response from Cinergix

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave a review and I'm glad you liked the product :-) . I'll try to address your concerns.
The default diagram area is 1500x1500. This is generally enough for most diagram and set this way for optimum scrolling experience. But you can expand the diagram area to 5000x3300 which will probably help you add all your diagram in one area. You can do this via Properties -> Page Size.
I'm not sure what you meant by inability to copy and paste brackets. I discussed with our QA team and the initial tests performed fine. It could be a specific object or a diagram type. I'd be happy to look further into this and help you out. You can reply to email or email [email protected] mentioning your issue.
Thanks again for the review.

Vamsidhar P.

Simple yet the best online tool

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

Pros

The ease of creating creating diagrams, workflows, process flows and the ease of adding additional elements. Creating projects and multiple diagrams within a project. Creating a replica of the diagrams. The overall user interface.

In short, this is one handle online tool I found a good value

Cons

May be some features to enhance the look and feel of the diagrams.

Great for generating diagrams for publication

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

I've had a great experience over the past several years with Creately and it's an important tool for my journal article publication development process for describing my tools pipeline, how patients move throughout my study, etc. Also useful for prototyping user interface designs and quickly iterating through various options.

Pros

This is the quickest way to generate great looking, high quality business process (BPMN) diagram images suitable for publication . I've published several diagrams over the past several years that I create with Creately and they look great in print. Usability and ease of use are excellent.

Cons

There's always more complicated diagrams that could be added that I may or may not use, but I wouldn't want to add to the complexity, as its already at the right complexity for my current needs.

Excellent tool for students and tutors alike!

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Overall, I thought the software was pretty straight forward to use. Had some great features and as far as I am concerned, got by SWOT analyses, BMCs and VPCs just right. Would recommend it to students and tutors both - at least worth a shot.

Pros

I like how easy it is to create business-related tools here. Specifically, tools such as the Business Model Canvas or a Value Proposition Canvas. I used Creatley as a student and later on recommened this as a tool to my students when I became a tutor. Excellent!

Cons

I think the software should keep students in mind regarding its pricing. Many young students are not able to pay for the paid plans - at least initially. I think providing heavily subsidised student/tutor plans or free month long trials would be a nice. This is something I missed.

Theophile G.

the best - but still perfectible

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/03/29

I use creately as it is the only app I know that is complete enough for all kinds of diagrams.
Plus it's free <3
There are still some bugs, but there are always workarounds.
Overall really great experience

Pros

- number of features
- free plan
- copy/paste
- symbols databases
- sticky links between elements
- export as image

Cons

- no private project for free plan
- bugs with links labels
- bugs with copy/paste of large amount of elements
- bugs with styling

Amir A.

Great tool but let down by Flash

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/03/28

We were able to use it to create various types of diagrams for IT projects.

Pros

Creately is easy to use and a beginner can start creating useful diagrams within minutes of getting started.

There is a ton of variety of shapes and tools, and the diagrams/process flows created will often look better than other competitors.

Cons

- Flash. We had to install adobe flash just for Creately.

- No integrated with gapps. Compared to a tool like draw.io, the integration with gapps is really poor.

- UI could be improved as well.

David growes

Well Worth The Price

Reviewed on 2013/02/28

As a heavy Visio user I was bit reluctant to try this but was pleasantly surprised. The monthly fee is fair and the desktop price is extremely good when you consider that Visio costs around 300$.
Love the usability of the interface. The diagramming area is large and far less cluttered. I like the concept of loading libraries as necessary because not only it saves space but help you find shapes faster.
A little toolbar that appears when you select an object makes diagramming very easy. In 1 click you can create the next object and it will be automatically connected for you. Very convenient and saves many clicks and drags.
Tried the real-time collaboration with a buddy of mine and it was a fun experience. Seeing each others changes as it happens it very productive.
Overall well worth the price and highly recommended for teams.

Pros

Easy to use uncluttered interface
Image search and icon finder
object toolbar that makes diagramming faster
automatic adjustments like aligning, text positioning
real-time collaboration feature

Cons

Real-time collaboration features seems to slow down the application a bit

Sahan T.

My experience in creately

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/03/28

Mostly Im using creately for my educational purposes and some of office workrs. It’s really good tool to use and easy to manage everything on it.

Pros

It’s easy to use for drawing diagrams and providing pre build templates also. Diagram editing features are amazing and easy to learn.

Cons

The canvas area is limited for the larger diagrams, sometimes it says you have to manually save your changes for some problems.

Just what we need

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

We found the perfect solution to our business because before Creately we used Microsoft Visio (which is so complicated to use). Also, the learning curve (how to use it) it's really good.

Pros

* It's very easy to develop a diagram chart from the scratch
* Import SVG and Google images

Cons

* Sometimes it's really difficult to import a SVG file

Clara L.

Customer support destroyed my exeperience

Reviewed on 2019/03/31

So creatively is simple, straight forward to use and not expensive. Now beware it bugs a lot so you need to save every minute if you don't want to waste your time. I am working on the creation of a website for an algorithm. So I need one big graph that shows the workflow of my website perfectly. Needless to say, my diagram is big. With such work the online platform bugs a lot so you have to save every minute which is less frustrating than if you were losing your work every minute. Then I saved my final document on my desktop in the creately format ( in case there was a big terrible bug) I could redownload it. The big terrible bug happened (5h hours worth of work just disappeared for no reason) , and that is where I discovered that you can not download docs that are bigger than 10MB. Mine was 22MB. I've sent it the help center of Creately and asked for help and answers of why this bug happened. It's been a week now and although I got some response about please send me your email address and the name of your diagram nothing else really from them... Not only this app made me go made but the support team made me lose one precious week of work. I am now going to try and redo my work because I know now that Creately is good for small project but not big ones. A true disapointement

Pros

Simple, straight forward to use and not expensive

Cons

1) it bugs a lot so you need to save every minute if you don't want to waste your time.
2) Even if you save your work on your desktop as well as on the online platform all your work can disappear.
3) Don't save your doc with the CREATELY template because after 10MB no one can use it or download it on Creately. Ask for help people prefer to start the conversation and then ignore.
3) Customer support is crap and when they don't know what to do they just ignore

0.0/10

Great Product With One Major Flaw

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/04/01

Pros

It does exactly what I need it to do - create org charts. It's easy to use with great functionality, and looks great.

Cons

The save/save as functionality is atrocious. I often lose past work because it'll save a current project over a previous one. When this happens I lose the opportunity to use a past chart as a template that would save me a ton of time. Then I'm forced to do it over again. If this was fixed it would be huge.

Mojalefa N.

What a great platform

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

When discussing with a client the proposed network changes, its easy to provide them with a graphic interface using Creately.

Pros

Easy graph creation.
Easy to search function for objects.
Easy print

Cons

Very few cons to speak about, you have to purchase the product to keep your information private

Anthea F.

Great tool for site maps

Reviewed on 2014/07/28

I have been using Creately for 6 months, I've used it on three different projects and have been impressed by it in all instances. It is a great place to build a site map and encourage the team involved in the site to all contribute ideas and add comments to the various aspects of the site map. These site maps with their comments provide key info for the developers to work from when building the back end of the site. The site maps are also then used for meetings with copywriters, designers, marketing team to help clarify the look, feel and wording of the site.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to share ideas or suggestions. Easy to build understandable diagrams for all members of project's team to use for their various responsibilities. The comments feature is one that I find the most helpful.

Cons

You cannot copy text from a comment to paste on a different document. Unfortunately comments can only be created or deleted not edited.

Diagram, collab, drag and drop program

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Great software for planning, organization and process flow. The ability to create a visual representation is unmatched.

Pros

It took me no time to learn how to use Creately. It is self explanatory and very simple, yet with some higher level functions. I have used this for restructuring the company organization and to show a visual representation of the flow of processes.

Cons

There is not much I don't like about this software. I guess the only thing would be it is a little difficult to do flow chart arrows with just a track pad on a laptop. It is much easier to use with a mouse to be precise with placement and resizing.

Ramindu D.

Smooth, effective diagramming - Used it for more than 6 years!

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

Amazing experience. I have managed to impress many a peer and organization leadership with beautiful diagrams created using Creately.

Pros

Creately provides an amazing number of pre-built templates and objects for use. The controls are intuitive and performance of the application is quite fluid. I've used it across teams and alone for a very long time and have always found the end result of my diagramming efforts to be quite beautiful while also effectively getting the message across.

Cons

Creately can sometimes be a bit clunky to handle, but most of these issues have been ironed out over time.

Hugo S.

Really worthy ;)

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

It is fine and I have been paying myself for the license besides the fact that I am using in my third company already ;)

Pros

The plastic, colours and really easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes it hangs/stuck loading. Export sometimes seems slow for high definition

Thamara D.

Perfect way to draw diagrams

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

Creately platform is the one of the best and easiest online tool which I have used to design diagrams.I have used Creately, to transform my ideas into diagram representation.

Pros

With the Creately platform, we can easily draw diagrams.There are shapes which we can use to draw diagrams.Also, we can use predefined themes and styles to make our diagram more perfect.We can collaborate efficiently with our co-workers.We can see if co-workers are making changes on the design of the diagram.

Cons

Required a perfectly working internet connection to get the maximum output from the platform.

Great Tool for Project Management

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

Pros

It is easily shared with multiple users to have a living document for collaboration.

Cons

The formatting and user interface is a little bit buggy and non responsive, especially on the desktop version.

7.0/10
Prassanna S.

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

I use them to make as-is and to-be process flows, sipoc diagrams, architecture diagrams.

Pros

It is very easy to use and I like how intuitive it is. I like the feature set and the canned templates. I use it for professional diagrams and to make process flows and I find it way easier than visio and it also allows for collaboration which I love.

Cons

Could expand on the template set. As of now I have not not found what I need, but from my experience with other similar tools, I feel there could be more templates.