Nexternal Solutions Reviews

Nexternal Solutions

Web-based ecommerce software

4.7/5 (9 reviews)
Kate J.

I have nothing but positive things to say about the software and the excellent customer support.

Reviewed on 2017/07/28

Pros

Nexternal is straightforward and intuitive. We are able to easily manage our large customer database and run both our daily and wine club orders. The online store is great and the third party integrations with UPS, FEDEX and Ship Compliant and MailChimp are invaluable to our team. In the past we relied heavily on phone sales for special releases. We were able to successfully transition all releases to online offers and use the phone to complement the store. Nexternal allows us to keep detailed customer records that further enhance our customer engagement and give our sales team the ability to make lasting relationships. We have asked for features in the past and they have implemented them almost immediately after suggestion. They also have an integrated POS system if you choose to add that to your brick and mortar location.

Cons

The search options are endless and can sometimes be confusing for our sales team. It is a challenge to adjust prior month orders and find credits or refunds owed.

J. philip L.

SUCH a FLEXIBLE system!

Reviewed on 2017/07/13

Benefits are actually 'endless'; we have not really even taken advantage of half of the features yet available to us, but in spite of that, we have a customer experience that is very well received.

Pros

There seems to be no limit to my ability to present products to my customers; I can offer the same items at multiple retail price points, I can include videos, PDF's, lots of images.... very flexible! Also, the REPORTING is excellent! The best part is the outstanding customer support I receive.

Cons

Tax reporting has some 'gaps'. Also, the ability to do price-changes when you have multiple retails is challenging.

Jake C.

Easy to Learn!

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

Excellent experience w/ Nexternal, from the product itself to the support and also the benefits it gave our team. Nobody had a problem using it effectively after a few simple lessons and a little playing around with it. Highly recommend it!

Pros

Ease of use and it's flexibility. Can get trainees started on it very quickly, although there are some reports that aren't quite so beginner-friendly, it's easy to get them started on the program and then can easily just start them w/ easier reports, and move onto to the more difficult reports to run, piece of cake. Great because trainees can learn progressively. Updates to Nexternal are regular, and their support isn't outsourced overseas, which is great to see these days.

Cons

Some things just require you to have an "ah-ha!" moment and then what sometimes seems overwhelming just becomes a whole lot easier. No issue when working on a team and someone familiar with the program is teaching you, but could be a con if you are teaching yourself. Watch some youtube tutorials and you'll be all set to go.

Mike S.

It's ease of use

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

Very easy to use for a non-computer person. Very good help from our reps and help desk

Pros

We have used Nexternal for 2 years and Hughjump in our tasting room for almost a year and a half. It is a very user friendly program and contain a lot of useful information about our inventory control and sales.

Cons

Some of the reports are difficult to run. A list of who purchased a single inventory item in alpha order

Pete H.

Ecommerce Order Management Solution: Everything In One Package

Reviewed on 2017/07/13

Manage my customer orders in easy and professional manner

Pros

1. Always updated.
2. Professional, accessible, USA-based support.
3. Scale-able to your business.
4. Customizable to suit your specific needs.

Greg R.

The program is robust and powerful not to mention that the staff is friendly and eager to help!

Great online sales!

Pros

I can not express how helpful the staff is. I have only had the best of experiences every time I call in for help. I have also yet to get off the phone without being provided a solution for my problem, few as they are. The program itself is both powerful, allowing many avenues to reach the customers and flexible to allow a ton of customization without being too confusing.

Rebecca B.

I set up the program for our company. Once I started it was very user friendly.

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/01/10

Pros

What I like most about the program is the ease of updating and changing the products and information in our store. We were late getting setup for an event and I had to very short window to set up our store. Half way through the setup I had to make some changes. I was worried this would set me back days. It took know time at all to make my updates.

I also love the fact that I can upload templates not only for new products, but also to edit existing products.

Finally, Nexternal has a great team. They talk to you, not at you.

Cons

The most difficult challenge I had was realizing that I did not need to fill in every single field in the category and product setup. It initially looks overwhelming, but once you enter a few items in, the deer in headlights feeling disappears.

Meets most minimum requirements

Reviewed on 2018/08/05

Pros

I like that it performs most of the functions I deal with daily.

Cons

I dislike the user interface. It's very unintuitive and hard to learn/follow.

4.0/10

it has a nice set of features that will save your life!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/02/18

Pros

Customer server is on point, which does help especially if you are a starter. the wide range of features available to you is a real value.