Nexternal Solutions

eCommerce software for brands of all sizes.

4,4
4,1
4,2
4,4

it has a nice set of features that will save your life!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/02/18

Pros

Customer server is on point, which does help especially if you are a starter. the wide range of features available to you is a real value.

Jamie D.

The Good and The Bad

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

Having a dedicated person to help when necessary is great. I don't have to wait on hold for someone to answer my questions. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always there to lend a helping hand. Nexternal allows us to show off our products in a way we haven't been able to before. The reporting and information we get from Nexternal allows us to make decisions and see data about our sales that we haven't really been able to see before. This is very helpful in a time like this.

Pros

I love the features that show us the statistics about sales and conversion. The reporting tools are great. I feel like we get a lot of information that most systems don't offer. We love that we have our own dedicated person to help anytime we need it. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is great! He takes the time to explain things in a way I can understand and if I don't he makes sure that I do. Even though he is busy he makes time for us and just makes sure that we are okay. Nexternal makes it easy for my customers to save information to their account and check out faster. I do really like that. Taking orders is easy! Our website looks amazing.

Cons

I really feel that Nexternal needs to have better options for local delivery. Right now my local delivery is set by state. I am in Boerne and have to explain to people why they can't have local delivery in Dallas. We have to call every local pick up to verify if they are within range. Our other software was able to delineate by zip code. This would be incredibly helpful. Also, to let them choose a delivery time. For local pick up/curb side pick up, it would be great if the customer could choose a time. We want to eliminate having big groups for local pick up at once. For your shipping options, I think you should offer some form of batch printing for each location. When we try to batch print now, it is a nightmare when you have a lot of orders and different shipping locations. It would be great to be able to pick and choose shipments that are going out and print at once. As it is now, it takes up so much time to print one shipment. I already pay enough for the service provided and pack and ship would be great but I don't want to have to pay for another service. I feel this should be included in the service I am paying for. We went with this system because it seemed to be a better fit for our company and so far it takes more time to do almost anything. Wish I could have black out days for shipping. The system won't let me set certain days that we can't ship on. Like we can ship out on Monday but no one can receive their order on Monday because we ship a perishable product.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Brian G.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Need faster development and better functionality

Reviewed on 2020/05/23

Overall, we're experiencing less satisfaction over time with the product. Ease of use, functionality, the customer experience, the lack of connectivity with Quickbooks, the need to add expensive apps to get to where we need to be instead of building better options into the software, and the relative slowness to enhance the functionality have all contributed to an erosion of trust that our needs are being met by Truecommerce. On the positive side, we are very happy with the customer care we get from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He is great to work with, always gives us great ideas and workarounds and is a great resource.

Pros

The shipping piece seems to work well. We also like the ability to ship from multiple locations.

Cons

Lack of development of new features, the delivery and pick-up options make no sense, the look and feel is starting to look very old school, the lack of tutorials and training is becoming a bigger and bigger problem, and the overall customer experience is eroding.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Vicki S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Fit our need

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

Overall the pros have far outweighed the cons, and we have been extremely satisfied with every aspect of Nexternal.

Pros

I love the ease of implementation and daily use. We use the comments and activities on a regular basis which makes it easy for anyone to assist the customer.

Cons

As a small church with a large ministry, we have some more unique needs. Many of our "customers" prefer communications by mail still so we have to export lists in order to process mailings. It would be nice if a 3rd party software such as BCC Software could integrate with Nexternal. Also it would be nice to be able to override the order date since we are not always able to enter the orders on the date received due to a small staff.

Carla O.

My review

Reviewed on 2020/06/01

Mostly good.

Pros

I like the front end ease of use for my customers
Loyalty program, subscriptions and one on one account service.

Cons

I think the customer should be able to adjust their own subscriptions. Customers can not adjust the frequency of shipments thus causing creating a need for us to make those changes for the customer resulting in extra office and phone work for us. I would like to see a reminder email go out prior to the order so customers can adjust or cancel if needed. Customers have requested this. Also don’t like subbing out to Cartstack for abandoned shopping carts. I feel this should be included in my fee. Other companies offer this service as part of the monthly service fee. DOES NOT INTEGRATE WITH QUICKBOOKS. when I first signed up that was a selling point. It’s not even close to being integrated! Bait and switch there. Network solutions does it seamlessly. Password reset only works about 50% of the time. I’ve called many times. Customers don’t get the reset email. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is aware of it but it happens 3-4 times a week where I manually reset for the customer because they don’t receive the reset email.

J. philip L.
Industry: Retail

Nexternal's very special market niche

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

We are CONSTANTLY finding new tools to use to refine our operation. Our support is phenomenal, truly accessible night and day for questions. The Training Center and Guided Tutorials are outstanding.

Pros

Make no mistake; this software is not for the customer looking for a "turnkey" system. It is VALUE PRICED because the users are responsible for all content, which is not a small task-stream. HOWEVER, this is also what I like MOST about the program.

Cons

The tax reporting function has a "gap" wherein it's not possible to run a report showing total sales by jurisdiction for NON-TAXED sales. Instead, we must run a report for "all sales" by Jurisdiction, and THEN run another report for "Sales Tax by Jurisdiction". Then, we must create our OWN data by subtracting the Taxable Sales from the Total Sales in order to report the non-taxable sales. We report and remit sales tax in every state that charges tax (44 states) so this takes hours each month.

Terry G.
Industry: Retail

Ease of use and great features!

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

We don't even use all of the great features, but will. Our business has transitioned from 6 stores to online , amazon, and pop up SWIMshops only over the last 10 years. We couldn't have done it so easily without this platform. Even before COVID-19, Two of my 7 employees could work from home on Nexternal.

Pros

It's easy to manage professional looking items, run reports, and contact customers. It makes our small business look like a big business!

Cons

I'm going to try to change our shipping fees. That may be an issue, but I haven't looked at the options in a few years. Right now we have a mix of team items that don't get free shipping because of their discounts, and retail items that do. So the shipping fee the customer sees can be really high.We have to manually adjust it down. I think we were probably missing extra sales because of that.

Karim D.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Overall Good Platform

Reviewed on 2020/05/25

Very Good

Pros

The platform is quite easy to navigate and easy to use. The reporting functions are on point.
Tracking integration is a great feature.

Cons

Lag time response time is sometimes too slow

Rebekah B.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

General Usage

Reviewed on 2020/02/10

We are able to use Nexternal as a way to receive and process all of our orders. It has been efficient and user friendly. When any issues arise, customer service is quick to address our needs and majority of the time a solution is given.

Pros

The interface is user friendly, simple layout, and the customer service is prompt and effective. I have found the advance search button has been effective in narrowing down search for clients.

Cons

I desire implementation of an address software to certify addresses. We could utilize a bulk mailing option. I wish that the customer advance search had the option to search for multiple addresses under the same client. This helps reduce the amount of duplicate accounts for same clients under different addresses.

Jake C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easy to Learn!

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

Excellent experience w/ Nexternal, from the product itself to the support and also the benefits it gave our team. Nobody had a problem using it effectively after a few simple lessons and a little playing around with it. Highly recommend it!

Pros

Ease of use and it's flexibility. Can get trainees started on it very quickly, although there are some reports that aren't quite so beginner-friendly, it's easy to get them started on the program and then can easily just start them w/ easier reports, and move onto to the more difficult reports to run, piece of cake. Great because trainees can learn progressively. Updates to Nexternal are regular, and their support isn't outsourced overseas, which is great to see these days.

Cons

Some things just require you to have an "ah-ha!" moment and then what sometimes seems overwhelming just becomes a whole lot easier. No issue when working on a team and someone familiar with the program is teaching you, but could be a con if you are teaching yourself. Watch some youtube tutorials and you'll be all set to go.

Kate J.

I have nothing but positive things to say about the software and the excellent customer support.

Reviewed on 2017/07/28

Pros

Nexternal is straightforward and intuitive. We are able to easily manage our large customer database and run both our daily and wine club orders. The online store is great and the third party integrations with UPS, FEDEX and Ship Compliant and MailChimp are invaluable to our team. In the past we relied heavily on phone sales for special releases. We were able to successfully transition all releases to online offers and use the phone to complement the store. Nexternal allows us to keep detailed customer records that further enhance our customer engagement and give our sales team the ability to make lasting relationships. We have asked for features in the past and they have implemented them almost immediately after suggestion. They also have an integrated POS system if you choose to add that to your brick and mortar location.

Cons

The search options are endless and can sometimes be confusing for our sales team. It is a challenge to adjust prior month orders and find credits or refunds owed.

Oniqueh G.

Simple Software with Pros and Cons

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Nexternal was difficult to use and when we decided to move to a new software we realized it was lacking some data security that I think is important to customers. Sometimes the support was decent but most of the time there was a long delay before we were able to have our issues addressed.

Pros

If you do in house shipping it does have great integration with UPS to pull the amount you're paying and build in any additional charges you would like to add.

Cons

Pulling reports and viewing the data the way you want to see it can be very difficult. It can be fairly easy to use because it is very simple, but that means you have less data to work with in the long term.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Jessica W.

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

Overall, Nexternal works well for us for ordering and shipping wine.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to set up products. Quick to respond when we have a question.

Cons

We sell wine, so we need to have certain information collected from the customer when they place an order. Sometimes the system will allow customers to place an order without birth dates, phone numbers, and even addresses (not sure why this happens or why they even allow the order to go through without this). Its a little confusing setting up shipping rates.

Mike S.

It's ease of use

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

Very easy to use for a non-computer person. Very good help from our reps and help desk

Pros

We have used Nexternal for 2 years and Hughjump in our tasting room for almost a year and a half. It is a very user friendly program and contain a lot of useful information about our inventory control and sales.

Cons

Some of the reports are difficult to run. A list of who purchased a single inventory item in alpha order

David P.

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

Great, but the costs are significant, maybe too much

Pros

Easy to use, new associates can learn very quickly

Cons

This product is expensive, set up was expensive and as we grown use has become very expensive

Pete H.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Ecommerce Order Management Solution: Everything In One Package

Reviewed on 2017/07/13

Manage my customer orders in easy and professional manner

Pros

1. Always updated.
2. Professional, accessible, USA-based support.
3. Scale-able to your business.
4. Customizable to suit your specific needs.

Greg R.
Industry: Wine & Spirits

The program is robust and powerful not to mention that the staff is friendly and eager to help!

Reviewed on 2017/07/13

Great online sales!

Pros

I can not express how helpful the staff is. I have only had the best of experiences every time I call in for help. I have also yet to get off the phone without being provided a solution for my problem, few as they are. The program itself is both powerful, allowing many avenues to reach the customers and flexible to allow a ton of customization without being too confusing.

Denise G.

Happy Nexternal User

Reviewed on 2020/06/01

Pros

Nexternal is a powerful product that can provide the user with endless possibilities to promote their products.

Cons

Because Nexternal is so powerful and has so many possibilities, it can sometimes be a little labor intensive or confusing. The training guide is very important as are the reps who help you to accomplish your promotions. Once you learn your way around the software, it is great.

Caroline C.
Industry: Sporting Goods

Lots of Feature

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

Customer service has been helpful as needed

Pros

There are lots of features which allow you to have flexibly for different kinds of products.

Cons

Its a bit clunky and hard to find some options. Also the final products doesn't look at modern as some other platforms.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Rebecca B.

I set up the program for our company. Once I started it was very user friendly.

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/01/10

Pros

What I like most about the program is the ease of updating and changing the products and information in our store. We were late getting setup for an event and I had to very short window to set up our store. Half way through the setup I had to make some changes. I was worried this would set me back days. It took know time at all to make my updates.

I also love the fact that I can upload templates not only for new products, but also to edit existing products.

Finally, Nexternal has a great team. They talk to you, not at you.

Cons

The most difficult challenge I had was realizing that I did not need to fill in every single field in the category and product setup. It initially looks overwhelming, but once you enter a few items in, the deer in headlights feeling disappears.

Margaret B.
Industry: Wholesale

Needs more features

Reviewed on 2020/05/28

the customer service is great.

Pros

It's fairly user friendly, could be better though.

Cons

It needs more features for our online store, discounting for example.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Meets most minimum requirements

Reviewed on 2018/08/05

Pros

I like that it performs most of the functions I deal with daily.

Cons

I dislike the user interface. It's very unintuitive and hard to learn/follow.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10