Mailchimp

4.5 (16,896)
Write a Review!
Email and advertising marketing automation platform

(16,896)
4.2/5

Evelyn
Evelyn
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used for 1+ year

Best option for mailing automatization

Reviewed on 2020/11/08

I started using Mailchimp a few years ago for my wedding photography business, we were two users and found it very easy to work both on the software, plan marketing campaigns, client following mail and newsletters, it let us know if the mails were open with a certain time and if not we were given the option to resend them. Now I'm also using mailchimp for my personal blog and it makes the process very easy as I have my subscribers list already there and I just add up while it grows.

Pros

Mailchimp is very easy to use and has a free option for freelance or people starting their business or community. I tried other mailing software but mailchimp is the one that gives more options on free and starter account. It offers segmentation options, automatization and what I love the most are the templates for any kind of mailing campaign. It helps a lot with newsletter to easily send them, track the reading and opening and growing the subscribers.

Cons

It is easy to use but not so intuitive in the beginning, it takes a little bit of time to understand the interface and how it works. The mobile app do not offer a lot of options, yet is a very nice mailing option.

Zoho Mail and Bitrix24

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Mailchimp is much more friendly and easy tu use.

GetResponse

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

It has free options for my personal projects, and I find it easy to use specially with the email templates.
Ngala Emmanuel
Ngala Emmanuel
  • Industry: Graphic Design

All-in-one marketing Software even for independent busineses.

Reviewed on 2023/09/06

It's our favorite. I work with it, the team works with it. We design lead forms, and marketing templates with MailChimp -it's an amazing tool to try.

Pros

MailChimp offers an extensive range of comprehensive marketing features that help our marketing team create social media marketing templates, lead generation forms, and email templates and it's easy to track sales performance and campaigns as well.It is easy to set up and integrate with WordPress and is also simple.Advanced features like automation & segmentation help us to seamlessly manage our contact lists as wellas we get to set automated email sequences based on specific triggers like new quote requests, and new leads obtained through direct signup forms, and newsletters.It's time-saving because we do the hard work once.

Cons

While Mailchimp performs incredibly well there are a few things I would like to see being adjusted.- The quality of design templates that MailChimp offers is very limited. For instance, advanced customization requires coding skills, and even though I face no problems with these, however, those who are not code-savvy won't find it easy to achieve certain designs.- Advanced segmentation & automation are only available in the expensive plans.- MailChimp doesn't offer new users the ability to test its pro features. With this, it will be difficult for a new user to predict whether or not it's the right tool for their needs.If some of these factors are taken into consideration, I firmly believe that MailChimp will be a better tool.

Kenyon

Don't Sleep on the Monkey, its Bananas!!!

Reviewed on 2019/11/25

We are able to reach more customers with less legwork

We were also able to change how people view...

We are able to reach more customers with less legwork

We were also able to change how people view our company as a whole. Mail chimp makes our 5 to 10 person group seem like and Army.

Pros

Mail Chimp is very flexible and gives you a wide variety of easily customizable options. I use it for everything from Turkey Drives and fundraiser registrations to Album release contests. I hired 2 new people that have almost no graphic design experience and they were both able to learn the platform in a short time and implement what they knew in a real-world environment. Furthermore. The templates aren't cookie-cutter and are easily customizable. They update someone signs up for your product or offer. Its a low key way to get alot more customers and sell alot more products without texting 100 people1 at a time. in the end its definitely worth trying out

Cons

I wish Mail chimp had a desktop app that was downloadable and cloud-connected. I also wish that you could integrate it with other software like Google Drive or other Cloud-based services.

Rachael
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Strictly straightforward email marketing tool

Reviewed on 2024/03/30

Overall, Mailchimp is a great tool for managing and analyzing your customers data. It is helpful to see trends and target audiences based on your needs. Its fairly straightforward and easy to use and aims to make your business more effective when it comes to marketing.

Pros

Mostly i liked how Mailchimp was easy to start-up and begin using. I learned as I went along and I never got too over my head in features because this platcform basically sticks to e mail marketing and customizing.

Cons

I thought Mailchimp could have offered more templates for email design and maybe could have included a indepth tutorial to determine if this platform is appropriate for your type of business.

HubSpot Marketing Hub and Constant Contact

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

I chose Mailchimp to basically give it a try and see how it fit the needs of our business.
Alli
Alli

Great for startups, but design functionality can be limiting

Reviewed on 2023/12/11

I highly recommend Mailchimp to entrepeneurs, startups, or people just starting out with email marketing. Along the road you will likely want to migrate to a different system, but this is a great one to get started with, accessible, affordable and easy to pick up, which can't be said for a lot of marketing tools out there.

Pros

I've used Mailchimp for almost a decade, across multiple businesses and sectors. It couldn't be easier to get started with, so it's excellent for marketing teams who don't have a dedicated CRM or email marketing expert. You can easily create and edit templates which streamline your workflow and allows you to concentrate on content, rather than coding or creating mobile optimised designs.

Cons

Because it's automatically mobile optimised, there are a lot of limitations when it comes to design functionality. You have to adapt your idea of a layout to the Mailchimp platform - it's too complex to try to start editing the code and creating your own layouts, which are easily broken or become truncated in popular email clients. Generally this isn't a problem though unless you have a particularly picky client. I'm also not a huge fan of the CRM functionality, it's fine if you have a small database or minimal data work to do, but it's difficult to manage a large database (although you could easily integrate Mailchimp with other database management software if your budget allowed). I also had issues in the past with spam signups which weren't automatically flagged, making database management very manual.

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Affordability and ease of use made Mailchimp stand out against competitors.
Stephanie
Stephanie

My journey with Mailchimp automating email campaigns

Reviewed on 2023/11/27

My overall experience with Mailchimp has been overwhelmingly positive. It has been our go-to solution for email marketing, and its impact on our campaigns has been substantial. The ease of use, coupled with powerful automation features, has not only saved us time but has also allowed us to create more targeted and personalized campaigns.

Pros

Mailchimp's best feature, in my view, is its user-friendly interface coupled with robust automation capabilities. The drag-and-drop email builder simplifies the process of creating visually appealing campaigns, while the automation features empower us to engage with our audience seamlessly.

Cons

Mailchimp is a powerful tool, the pricing structure can become a drawback as the subscriber list grows. The transition between pricing tiers, especially for small to medium-sized businesses, could be more flexible.

Arkadiusz
Arkadiusz

Extremely easy to get started with and highly reliable.

Reviewed on 2023/11/27

A fantastic yet straightforward product that effectively addresses deliverability issues.

Pros

SMTP integration is an excellent option for non-advanced users, allowing you to start within hours, if not minutes. The reporting tools are also great.

Cons

I wish there was better integration between Mailchimp and Mandrill for transactional emails. It would be great to track open and click rates for both marketing and transactional emails together.

Amazon SES, MailerLite and Mailgun

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Better pricing at the moment. Similar funcitonality.

Mailgun

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Great API and SMTP documentation, better pricing at th emoment.
Pam
Pam
  • Industry: Fund-Raising
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

MailChimp is a great product!

Reviewed on 2024/01/14

My overall experience with this software has been very good and am pleased with its intuitive nature.

Pros

MailChimp is very intuitive and easy to use. Create your design/campaign piece, and then move to the campaign scheduler for the next steps. It's easy to use and once you have the hang of uploading images, you can do a lot within the design piece. Additionally, using templates is a great option to ensure that your branding is set for all users.

Cons

I think the cleaning of the database prior to dissemination can be a problem if the agency has been a long-time user because people's tastes change over time. Just because someone has unsubscribed, doesn't mean that they want to be unsubscribed from all emails. Because our agency has just gone back to MailChimp in full force, the historical "cleaned emails" remain in our history and our team is working to refine the unsubscribe piece so that customers have more options and so that formerly unsubscribed folks have a chance to either fully unsubscribe again or edit their options to that they may receive event invites but not funding requests, as an example.

Paul
Paul
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Hits All The Chords

Reviewed on 2023/09/13

I have enjoyed using MailChimp as it is universal to all the email providers and has minimal friction when it comes to changing things.

Pros

Mailchimp allows a novice or professional to handle all of their Newsletter needs. It is easy, simple and does not require a PhD!

Cons

I feel that more contacts should be allowed at the free level.

Sender

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

The easier ability to incorporate my WordPress posts into the newsletter.
vito
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

My MailChimp experience

Reviewed on 2024/04/02

easy and fast, no major issue, imported the contact list, design the email and send it out

Pros

easy to use, easy learning curve, up and running in less than 1 hour

Cons

price is not on the cheapest range
total contacts number in the free version not as large

Randi

Mailchimp is my go to for newsletter marketing especially for setting up a new business

Reviewed on 2019/09/21

Mailchimp overall is the easiest newsletter service. They connect with with websites such as Mailchimp and Shopify which are pillars in the industry. The plugins I have to use are simple to install. At times other newsletter services are more difficult to connect with a website. I start all my clients up with Mailchimp and they are all very pleased. Your interface is simple enough for a beginner to catch on to, but now with your growing features a real whiz can get in there and create a robust email marketing experience.

Pros

I've been using Mailchimp since I think Mailchimp was invented. Mailchimp is way easier to use than most of the other newsletters services out there. It's easy to import your lists, set multiple kinds of audience lists. I like that you're keeping up with the other services and added automations and tags. I find it very easy to build nice looking newsletters too. I always start any of my clients with Mailchimp first. You're the most user friendly interface. Pro-free to start under a certain number of subscribers too! You now have most if not all of the features a growing organization with a deep marketing strategy would need.

Cons

My biggest cons was that I found originally years ago you did not have all the features thatsome of the other competitors had. AWeber had better automative responses/ journeys/scheduling capabilities that your service years ago did not offer. So when I started with you I did have times when I did have to switch softwares for growing clients who had other needs. You now have those features so I find I can start with Mailchimp and stick with you now for the long haul.

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Mailchimp is always my go to. The main reason: I find you're the easiest interface, it's fast/easy for me to setup and to make nice looking emails.
Alex
Alex

Simple to use, intuitively designed and good value!

Reviewed on 2020/01/03

We've used MailChimp for years with our clients. We generally choose it as the best option because many clients like to control their email marketing at certain times and they often don't have time to waste - MailChimp has a relatively short learning curve compared to alternatives and it's easy on the eye. In that sense, it offers the best of both worlds, for us and for our clients (though as mentioned, the lack of robust automation and easy to follow automation flows hold it back slightly)

Pros

- Email builder is incredibly easy to use and offers lots of functionality that's easy to grasp with a quick learning curve
- Able to create social adverts, forms, landing pages and send direct mail all from your account - it's becoming more an all-in-one marketing platform than ever with new features and changes seemly every few months
- Strong integration support makes it easy to connect most commonly used services like Google Analytics, SurveyMonkey and eCom platforms like Shopify or WooCommerce
- Easy to understand reporting that clients are able to digest quickly
- It's free with limited features, but they're generally perfectly adequate for non-power users and a small database of fewer than 2000 people
- Customer support guides are aplenty - there's lots of literature on every topic and it's very comprehensive
- Erm, 'MailChimp Presents...' - they make their own original streamable documentary shows now - and it's actually decent!

Cons

- Automations are relatively basic when considering this as automation software - alternatives like ActiveCampaign are more robust in this area, especially when it comes to complex rules and automation flow visuals
- Lack of someone to speak to when things are going wrong - you're pretty much on your own with the guides available (perfectly fine when you're IT-savvy, not so much when you aren't!)

ActiveCampaign, Brevo and AWeber

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Simplicity for both time-strapped clients who need to use it themselves at times, strong support documentation (despite lack of real human support) and wide integration options.
Eve
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used for 2+ years

Free for the first 250,000 subscribers no cost - must have a mailing address

Reviewed on 2020/03/12

Positive experience sending emails and letters but you need to have a mailing address a real physical address a po box doesnt count. I guess hoping people do not come to your house is a big deal. I was very scared about having a real location and I was scared random people would show up as they did before at offices to stalk. I guess at this current timene place it's safer to use your real address but many years ago it was not or may not have been. It is important to make sure all your ducks are in a row- your corporation is current for example, the po box or the mailing address is current for example mine wasn't and I saw peoplel at the post office that i would rather not see.

Pros

Mailchimp is pretty easy to use and has increased its features in the last few yeqrs. The first 150,000 to 250,000 subscribers are free and then you pay after so it gives you time to build your fan base. When I used old emails I got reports for using old emails and it got disbanded so I recommend using current email subscribers so there are no surprises - or make sure they know they are signing up for your newsletter inbox. For example we threw an event and I emailed all subscribers but they did not know we were the organizer it was for working women so most unsubscribed. In hindsight I should have had people subscribe or put on a disclaimer that we would market.

Cons

The fact it's so easy to be taken down if you get one negative report. I guess we got a few negative reports and quickly a lot of unsubscribers the first day we emailed a few hundred people from a tales of extraordinary women event. The problem I gu ess you encounter is how to try and get these customers or clients or readers to read your services that I am still working on ideas for how to get people to sign up.

Emma by Marigold

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Emma created a beautiful design but charged money for each subscription so that is why we moved

Emma by Marigold

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Cost that it was a free product even though the newslettter was not as striking.
Jonathan

Robust feature set, but overly expensive for startups and developers

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

Overall, Mailchimp is still one of the best mailing list providers out there. Its broad feature set and ease of use are an amazing help to a new company just getting started. If you're not looking for custom integration or transactional emails, this product is one of the best.

Pros

This is probably the easiest mailing list platform out there. It takes minutes to set up your account and get started sending emails to a list. For developers, the Mailchimp API is a dream. It's incredibly well documented and there are dozens of integrations already built in almost every platform and language to make integration into your software even easier. Contact management is simple with access to things like custom fields in a user's profile. Groups and segments are also easy to manage, though it can be confusing at first since there are multiple ways to segment an audience. There's also an option to do transactional emails through mandrill...but this actually turns out to be an issue when you look at the cost.

Cons

The cost of the product is its main issue. For starters, Mailchimp recently changed its cost structure to include unsubscribed customers as part of the total customers you pay for. That means for a small company with a low customer adoption rate, you either end up spending way more than you want for a small list, or you have to spend way too much time pruning your list constantly to save money. It's a huge waste of time and/or money. The second main issue, and actually the larger issue to me as a developer, is the cost of sending transactional emails. If you want to send your customers a password reset email or a account verification email (both very common in almost all applications) you have to have a paid account AND you have to pay for a chunk of transactional emails. It ends up costing a small company over $30/mth just to send password reset emails through Mailchimp. The cost makes more sense at scale, but this software seems built to get the small guys started. It's really a deal breaker for me.

Campaign Monitor by Marigold and Brevo

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Ease of use and a great developer API are the primary reasons I choose this product.
PETER
  • Industry: Music

Super-Appealing. Informative. Eclectic.

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

It’s my vehicle for marketing. I can communicate everything I need in one letter to lots of people. I switched to another product because it was connected with my website, but their newsletter features were too difficult for me to learn. I dropped them and demanded my money back. Mail Chimp is the way to go.

Pros

If I can use it, ANYONE can use it! Seriously! I am a music guy with a growing music school. I don’t read directions. Mail Chimp is very intuitive. I can gather all sorts of related information in one attractive newsletter for all my clients, instructors, performers, performances, and theater staff. It allows everyone to see what’s going on, find out more about one or all items, and it’s presented in a way that doesn’t cram a million words and pics into one page.

Cons

Mail Chimp has added tons of features since I started. Along with the added features, the price went up. I only use the newsletter feature but Mail Chimp offers website creation which I’m considering switching to.

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

GoDaddy (For newsletters) was too difficult to use and I had to demand my money back.

GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Mail Chimp was my first choice and is simply intuitive for me.
Joshua

Newsletters Made Easy

Reviewed on 2021/02/17

Despite some of the challenges it has been the best program that I have been able to find to easily create newsletters for our organization. Once you become used to how the platform operates it becomes easier to create and design good looking "campaigns" newsletters.

Pros

I love this software because of the ease of use and the way it implements structure for designing newsletters. I had previously utilized Microsoft Office to build, design, and create newsletters; however, found that you could only attach it to emails rather than having a fully fleshed out designer email sent.

Mailchimp also allows the administration to show how many indviduals clicked on various links and opened the email newsletter to read it. This allows for better engagement to see weather the information being portrayed is useful or not.

Cons

While it allows for ease of use with design and implementations it lacks on available templates and themes. We've attempted to search for themes online; however, have not had much luck utilizing third party themes that say they are built for Mailchimp.

Also, while you can design newsletters these are actually listed as campaigns as the number one goal for Mailchimp is to produce campaign and marketing strategies. This can sometimes lead to confusion while navigating the platform.

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Better looking templates and the way the platform is implemented into the email system as opposed to having to add it as an attachment to the email itself.

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Basically price for the user base that we have.
Krishnamoorthy
Krishnamoorthy

Mailchimp is the best email marketing software

Reviewed on 2021/09/26

Our entire marketing department relies on Mailchimp to communicate with customers. It is our first option when it comes to email automation and marketing that is simple and straightforward. We've been using it as our primary email marketing tool for quite some time. Among other things, we utilize it to create our email templates and send large numbers of emails to a specific set of individuals. After that, we keep note of how many conversations we are having as a result of the exercise. Mailchimp offers a plethora of useful tools that we really like using, such as email automation. Additionally, it enables us to create our own email templates as well as import from other sources. Mailchimp is a fantastic platform for any kind of company that wants to send out emails to its consumers on a regular basis.

Pros

Mailchimp is a fantastic email marketing tool for anybody just getting started, as well as for agencies who have a large number of early-stage customers to handle. When you move into more complex automation, you may find that you need to seek solutions that are more established. This is the place to go if you want visually appealing emails and a simple user interface to work with.
It's always simple to use and makes intuitive sense. There are relatively few occasions when I come across anything that is not working properly. It is very dependable, and I am well-aware of what to anticipate while I am working on the platform.

Cons

When delivering through Zapier or WordPress, we need the ability for people on an existing list to have their tags changed without having to create a new list. I'd really want to see a visual automation builder implemented. Mailchimp should additionally provide manual domain verification as a feature. In order to utilize Mailchimp, we must first generate an email and then import it into the system, which may be difficult for novice users. It would be fantastic if there was an alternative for manual nameserver verification.

GetResponse

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Because Seninblue had a limit on their daily emails sent on the free plan which is 300 emails per day. The Mailchimp basic plan is much cheaper than Sendinblue with more features.

Brevo

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

I choose Mailchimp based on the customer reviews and recommendations I got from other Mailchimp users.
José Miguel
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

A renewed classic

Reviewed on 2022/08/30

If you are a small business owner, an email marketing solution is one of the first tools you need to use in your e-commerce section. If you look on Google, you will find Mailchimp and others fighting for first place on the search. I tried all of them when I started on this, and Mailchimp was the only one for me that delivered a great set of tools for free on their first tier. This pricing model allows small businesses like yours to start without having to invest more money to begin operating. Then, after your business grows, Mailchimp stays with you, and their subscription tiers are affordable. So, if you are starting on email marketing and you have a small business, give Mailchimp a try, you won't regret it.

Pros

Mailchimp was my first approximation to a customer relationship management tool and, after many years, still is my usual selection and advice to other small businesses. It is an easy-to-use platform with a great development team who cares about its clients. In recent years the tool has evolved and added new features, all great additions.

Cons

Right now, nothing about Mailchimp is bad for my small business.

Brevo, Klaviyo and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

The free tier is more than enough to start for small business. The great thing about Mailchimp is the easy process to scale up, so if your business grows, Mailchimp is a great choice too.
Maurice
Maurice
  • Industry: Entertainment

Mailchimp, a good but basic email marketing platform for online marketeers.

Reviewed on 2023/05/03

Overall, Mailchimp is a great tool to get started in the online marketing world. Also, once you get used to the workings of Mailchimp in general, switching to the paid version can be a good choice.

Pros

The free tier in Mailchimp is packed with valuable features. You can set up a solid online marketing campaign, with good email templates, and get great results in no time.Adding sign-up forms to your website and/or create landing pages is added in the free tier, and you can even create your own website!

Cons

Mailchimp feels a bit off. It is difficult to explain, but it feels old. Doing simple tasks in Mailchimp, like editing a landing page or email, should be simple, but it feels difficult.This has to do with the fact that the logic behind the settings and where they are located, sometimes is not intuitive.

MailerLite

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

At the time, Convertkit had a different free tier, where you could only add a couple of hundred email subscribers. Mailchimp offered (at the time) a lot more, up towards 2000. Also, the addition of hosting a website on Mailchimp made it even better.

ConvertKit

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

I did end up choosing for both. Now, I use Mailchimp with a couple of my clients, and use Mailerlite for my personal campaigns.It really differs from person to person, it seems. Some like Mailchimp and some like Mailerlite. Both have great free tiers, so I usually let them decide.

Useful pioneer in simplifying mass email marketing

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Our company has mostly used Mail Chimp as a recruiting and advertising tool to reach candidates for potential job opportunities. MailChimp was one of the first professional template based email marketing tools to send out mass emails to potential clients, recruits, etc. Over the years, they've refined their products and added social networking tools as well as other current trending tools for outreach. They are quite useful in adding these important tools to small to mid-sized companies that could benefit from these tools but may not necessarily have the budget to develop and utilize these tools in-house. In addition, the tools are quite affordable and there are several free sample versions/credits you can use to test out the product. The most useful tool I have used consistently with MailChimp is their automated mass-email campaigns. Provided that you obtain the list based on the candidate/clients interest and not through spam based lists, you can send out polished lists for automated outreach to large groups of individuals. We have also used MailChimp to conduct employee and client satisfaction surveys, etc. In general, lots of tools for smaller companies to utilize to stay relevant and competitive with larger companies and you can scale the account/costs to your individual needs. There are limitations with FTC/internet/marketing laws that smaller companies may not be aware of, but you learn quickly. If you know how to do MS Office mail merges, this product works.

Pros

Intuitive with a lot of options for smaller businesses without dedicated marketing teams to offer polished outreach tools that are normally inaccessible. This product allows sales teams, company marketing efforts, and recruiters to all have outreach tools for relatively cheap.

Free options to test out products initially to see how it fits your company/departments needs.

Cons

There are a lot of limiting factors based on anti-spam marketing laws (emails), FTC, etc., that MailChimp doesn't necessarily let you know before purchasing and sending out campaigns. You learn quickly limitations such as the inability to send out emails to mass email lists through MailChimp because they don't want to violate these laws. Your lists must be organically obtained (such as through your website or ATS landing site, job ads, advertisements, etc.) in order for them to be used through MailChimp. So forget purchasing an email list from a recruitment organization and then emailing thousands of cold candidates through MailChimp, you will be flagged.

Also, you need to be aware AND track candidates that asked to be removed from future emails and ensure you do NOT email them again to stay compliant.

Shayne
Shayne

Expensive but Effective! The first Newsletter tool that comes to mind.

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

MailChimp is quite a popular tool that is frequently used by budding enterprises because of it's generous Freemium model. I started using MailChimp around 3 years ago and I've never been happier. This tool helped me understand where I went wrong with my campaigns, improve them and made me save a LOT of money by deciding not to hire a separate design team. After using it for a few months, I realized that switching to one of MailChimp's paid models would benefit me way more.

Pros

1) Template Compatibility: The templates that you choose in MailChimp are optimized to fit on all screen sizes. Whether the recipient has a smartphone, a desktop, a laptop or even a tablet, your content will be delivered to him/her the way you want it to be.
2) Scope for better future campaigns: What I mean by this is - MailChimp gives you an edge or an insight into how your campaigns are doing. Based on the statistic report, you can refine and optimize your campaigns and make them more effective.
3) Engendering Interaction: Creating a Survey or a User Form has never been easier.
4) No HTML knowledge required: As I mentioned earlier, MailChimp has a myriad of optimized templates to choose from which helps you become much more creative with your campaigns. There is no need for a separate Design Team unless you don't already like the templates that are available.

Cons

1) User Interface: MailChimp does have a user-friendly interface(s). However, the problem is that they change the User Interface every time they roll in a new update. Yes, this will be easy to master in a short while, but that still requires a NewsLetter team to get accustomed to the new interface. This wastes a lot of time.
2) Zero Tolerance to Affiliate Marketers: If you're an affiliate marketer and you've just stumbled upon MailChimp, turn the other way. I'm not sure what the penalties are but I know they're quite severe.
3) Expensive: Though the Freemium version of MailChimp is rather generous, the paid subscriptions can surely burn a hole in your pocket when you find yourself wanting to send more emails and build your subscription list.

Robust emailing marketing software with lots of third-party connections.

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

Pros

MailChimp is a very popular email marketing platform that makes it easy to send out mail campaigns. We use a great plugin for our gravity forms pushing anyone that submits a form on our website to a specific MailChimp list, group, or segment. This makes it easier than trying to regularly upload a list each time it changes.

It's popular for good reasons as setting up templated emails is really simple, guided by a step-by-step process with additional coding and advanced setup features. It also allows for RSS feeds to be sent to a blog signup list. Creating automatic drip campaigns is another feature we utilize heavily and works great at increasing follow-up. The split A/B testing is a great way to test the messages of your marketing campaign.

Being able to see the reports on clicks and users makes it one of the best features of MailChimp. We use it as a way to know our warm leads we should be reaching out to.

Cons

Although being easy to use, the few spots you get snagged up on are better resolved through a Google search than a chat to the support people. They stink. The other big con to MailChimp is the way it handles lists, groups, segments, and signup forms. Because MailChimp bills you for every last contact you have with your lists, creating duplicate lists can be an expensive mistake. The only way to separate contacts without getting double billed is to use segments and groups. This creates a challenge when using the signup forms, as the person will have to choose their preferred group to join. It would be better if MailChimp either made the signup forms group based or allowed for separate lists without duplicate charges. The other big downside to MailChimp is the difficulty with managing a user's email preferences. For example, if a user only wants to receive monthly emails instead of weekly emails, creating that option can be a bit tricky without some careful planning. It would be simpler if MailChimp created a frequency option as a customer profile option. This would fail-safe against sending out too many emails to someone that wanted fewer emails.

Fateyma

MailChimp is the best all in one marketing solution for all types of businesses

Reviewed on 2022/08/04

We wanted an all-in-one marketing platform to use for all our marketing activities, for building landing pages, designing workflows for marketing automation, managing all our campaigns and sending emails. The platform has been great and very effective for us.

Pros

1. Offers truly exceptional UX/UI
2. Comes in a very great pricing
3. Plenty of data available for training
4. Very easy to build workflows for marketing automation
5. Easy to manage all your leads and campaigns
6. Excellent for forms and surveys

Cons

1. Customer support is not the best
2. It is ideal for sending emails under 5000 contacts, for bulk sending I would never recommend MailChimp
3. Reporting and analytics is very basic and not customisable

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Cost

ActiveCampaign
Biswajit
Biswajit
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

"Mailchimp: A Comprehensive Email Marketing Tool for Businesses of All Sizes"

Reviewed on 2023/03/23

Pros

Users may develop, send, and track marketing emails, newsletters, and campaigns using the well-known email marketing platform Mailchimp. Its user-friendly interface makes creating and sending email campaigns simple for even non-technical users. Here are some features of Mailchimp that consumers particularly enjoy:Simple to use UI: Users can effortlessly develop email campaigns with Mailchimp's drag-and-drop tools and user-friendly, intuitive interface.Templates that can be customised: Users can choose from a variety of configurable templates provided by Mailchimp to build their email campaigns. These templates are simple to alter so that they correspond with the user's branding and messaging.Automation: With Mailchimp's automation tools, users may create automated email campaigns depending on events like the addition of a new member to a mailing list or the completion of a purchase.Analytics: Mailchimp offers in-depth analytics so users may monitor the effectiveness of their email campaigns. Data on open rates, click-through rates, and other statistics are included.

Cons

Despite being a well-liked email marketing software, Mailchimp might use some work. The following are some aspects of Mailchimp that people have complained about:Pricing: Those who need sophisticated capabilities like automation or those who have larger mailing lists may find Mailchimp's pricing to be prohibitively expensive.Restricted Automation: Users have noted that while Mailchimp does include automation options, they are fairly constrained when compared to competing email marketing solutions. The automation procedures may be more versatile and adaptable, according to some users.Restricted email design possibilities: Although offering a large selection of editable templates, some customers believe that Mailchimp should provide greater freedom and design options when it comes to producing and modifying emails.Customer support: Some customers of Mailchimp have complained about poor response times or unhelpful support workers.

Miguel
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Marketing Automation Done Right

Reviewed on 2018/06/24

MailChimp is a great way to introduce users to marketing automation without a high level of risk. Competitors have steep pricing structures that tend to not allow smaller websites with limited budgets test out their features like MailChimp does. It is amazingly easy to setup and use and it has also become my brand of choice for marketing automation across my websites. MailChimp has amazing integrations with many platforms and are easy to use and setup with little or no development experience.

Pros

MailChimp is one of the largest marketing automation platforms in use today. And one of the reasons it has taken off so quickly includes the fact that they offer an entry level subscription that costs nothing. Literally, nothing. While limited, it still provides much of the features you will find with their paid subscription levels, it just has limits in the number of contacts and the number of emails you can send per month. Still, a great deal to test its features and functionalities.

MailChimp is very easy to use and provides a host of features to help you market your site. All subscription levels, including the free entry level, lets you email campaigns, create amazing custom landing pages, pop-up forms, and create Ads with platforms such as Google, Facebook and Instagram. IN addition to these creation and publishing features, MailChimp provides automation features that allow you to create automated responses based on user behaviors. Manage cart abandonment and recommend products as well as receive notifications to all the activities taking place on your site.

You can even customize your target audience through segmentation and groups, send times, time zones, demographics and other advanced features. But remember that not all are available in the free version.

And what good is a marketing tool if you cannot see the results or track them. This, too, is another MailChimp strength. You get your basic set of reports and can perform A/B testing to see what works and what does not.

One of my favorite features is MailChimp's integrations. I use it extensively with WordPress websites and not only use the plug ins created by MailChimp, but those from a multitude of third party developers who have done amazing things with integrations and features.

Cons

Although part of their marketing and not necessarily a Con, it is still fair to say that it would be nice to have some features with limitations available to the entry level for users to give it a run. Maybe a sampling of those would help in making a decision. But because of their affordable pricing structure, it is fair to say that their pricing levels are just about right.