13 789 reviews

Mailchimp

Email and advertising marketing automation platform

4,5
4,2
13 789 reviews
Wendy C.
Industry: E-Learning

Not for a Beginner

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2021/01/13

I like how versatile to create your email templates with different designs but I really dislike the fact that they are being way to strict and blocked my email campaign. I wonder if it was because I had my campaign written in Chinese which they might have misunderstood my content.
Overall, I would not recommend this product to a beginner who is seeking for something simple and easy to use.

Pros

It is a very modern email marketing platform which have all-in-one marketing tools that you need if you are to subscribe to their plan.
Importing contact list can come in easy and there is a certain versatility in designing email templates and blasting them out.

Cons

Mailchimp does have a very unique layout as compared to other more structured email-marketing platforms.
I personally did not feel at ease in using the software as it is quite confusing at times.
For those who are a beginner like me and starting out to blasting emails to your clients, this may require some time to get used to the platform as most of the functions are quite complicated.

It is quite strict as well as my email campaign even got mistakenly blocked as they reviewed and mentioned that my content contained MLM's stuff which was huge mistake.

As I was still at a free trial stage, I did try to contact the support team and realized I wouldn't be able to have any help at all considering that I am not yet a customer. I was quite frustrated with the fact that I had no assistance at all and it created a bad experience for me as a new user.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

James A.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Mailchimp has evolved with the changing demands of the sophisticated market but it is simple to use.

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

Mailchimp's flexibility and adaptability to many different user cases has allowed it to meet all of our core requirements.

Pros

The best thing about Mailchimp is it is so easy to get started and communicating with your subscribers. There are simple and easy ways for subscribers to subscribe and unsubscribe.

Mailchimp is so much more than just an outbound email tool.

Email Templates allow quick professional communications to be created by your organisation on brand and at no additional cost.

Powerful but easy to use functionality allows the end user to setup onboarding communication plans and execute automated communications to new subscribers. Multi email setup is easy to complete.

Subscriber management also intelligiently scans your incoming subscribers to remove the ones that have trending behaviours with regards to unsubcribe and spam reporting.

API integration is built in and connected to most common platforms. There there isn't a direct connection you can utilise online software integrations like Zapier to automate steps. This allows you to connect one system to another and transfer and share information and unsubscribes to your CRM for example.

Cons

Mailchimp has increased its functionality and managed to keep these new features easy to use and adopt. I would say one con is that people don't use half of the available functionality to their advantage.

They have tightened up their pricing and reduced the functionality for their lower/free tiers but I think this is more than fair.

Make sure you choose the right payment plan, either monthly or pay as you go that matches your requirements.

Jonathan W.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Robust feature set, but overly expensive for startups and developers

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

Overall, Mailchimp is still one of the best mailing list providers out there. Its broad feature set and ease of use are an amazing help to a new company just getting started. If you're not looking for custom integration or transactional emails, this product is one of the best.

Pros

This is probably the easiest mailing list platform out there. It takes minutes to set up your account and get started sending emails to a list. For developers, the Mailchimp API is a dream. It's incredibly well documented and there are dozens of integrations already built in almost every platform and language to make integration into your software even easier. Contact management is simple with access to things like custom fields in a user's profile. Groups and segments are also easy to manage, though it can be confusing at first since there are multiple ways to segment an audience. There's also an option to do transactional emails through mandrill...but this actually turns out to be an issue when you look at the cost.

Cons

The cost of the product is its main issue. For starters, Mailchimp recently changed its cost structure to include unsubscribed customers as part of the total customers you pay for. That means for a small company with a low customer adoption rate, you either end up spending way more than you want for a small list, or you have to spend way too much time pruning your list constantly to save money. It's a huge waste of time and/or money. The second main issue, and actually the larger issue to me as a developer, is the cost of sending transactional emails. If you want to send your customers a password reset email or a account verification email (both very common in almost all applications) you have to have a paid account AND you have to pay for a chunk of transactional emails. It ends up costing a small company over $30/mth just to send password reset emails through Mailchimp. The cost makes more sense at scale, but this software seems built to get the small guys started. It's really a deal breaker for me.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

It's ubiquitous because it's pretty good at sending emails

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

I like Mailchimp's corporate social responsibility, I've had a good experience the one time I called their customer service, and it's pretty bug-free for the most part. I don't think it is the future of communication, so I'll be curious to see how the product evolves, but we're sticking to it for now at my work.

Pros

I appreciate that Mailchimp has the functionality to build an email based on templates, or based on HTML. I find it easy to import email addresses as needed, I think there's a healthy emphasis on preventing spam, and I like the tagging and group features. I also like the demographics that it displays, the emphasis on A/B testing, and the predictions about the best time at which to send the email. I have very rarely made mistakes in my sends, and that I can attribute to the great testing features.

Cons

I wish it weren't so challenging to navigate between sections for multivariate emails and the old version of the website. I have run into issues setting up automated series such as for a welcome series of emails. I wish it were easier to export the data I myself put into Mailchimp without having administrator status. Finally, I dislike being warned about the possible cost of importing new data every time I do so, as that's not my responsibility to worry about in my role. Instead, I want to be celebrating our list growth!

Feyisayo E.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Mailchimp Makes Email Marketing Easy

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

My experience has been generally great. I have not regrets using mailchimp

Pros

1. I have been using Mailchimp for more than 3 years and I got glued to it the first time because of the free and cheap essential plan they offer.

2. Mailchimp is easy to us even for a newbies. I never needed to read up before I started using mailchimp

3. Trying to get the right template for every campaign can be tasking but that doesnt have to be so with mailchimp. There are more than enough templates to choose from for every campaign I sent.

4. I enjoyed the multiple integration feature in mailchimp. I can integrate it with almost any app online today.

Cons

The customer support should be improved on. A quick response to customer support ticket will make using mailchip easier. It is frustrating to wait in a long ticket queue to get response to an urgent client need.

Ankit P.
Industry: Education Management

Simple, Easy to Use and Fast Implementation

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

Overall, I have been a happy customer with Mailchimp for the last 4 years. As a company, we have moved all the marketing communication to Mailchimp. Everyday, we just feel we are just getting started.

Pros

Simple, Easy to use user interface for the software wherein I could customize the emails that go out whenever any event takes place on the website. The integrations with other apps was mind blowing as it helped us to minimize our task. The analytics in Mailchimp are a blessing to us as it helps in targeting the right audience at the right time.

Cons

The free tier plan was very less for a company like ours as we wanted to be sure about it completely before finally implementing it. Due to high email bounces, the marketing automation companies are very strict on the bounce rates and they just block your account instantly.

My Absolute Favorite EMSP

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

I have had an overall GREAT experience with MailChimp. As with any product there will be things that come up, but I have never had a problem with getting them resolved easily and timely with their Customer Service options whether it be through Chat or Email. One of the most significant qualities I have noticed about MailChimp's customer service over all the other EMSP's I've worked with is that THEY WILL ADMIT WHEN SOMETHING IS THEIR FAULT! It is unheard of with these types of companies but they do it, and I have gained so much respect for them as a company because of that.

Pros

What I love most about MailChimp is the amount of services you get for absolutely NO cost. There are endless possibilities of things you can do with this application, and the user interface beats all the others. It is very easy to maneuver and understand for even the most beginner email marketer. The reporting features are phenomenal and with them you are able to provide designer looking reports to clients without even touching them. As a graphic designer, the template creator is definitely the best one I've seen as fair as email marketing applications go, plus they have a variety of pre-designed templates to use that are again, COMPLETELY FREE. I could go on and on about everything I love about MailChimp.

Cons

The one con I have with MailChimp is that it's been hard for me to get used to their recently updated interface, I feel like the terminology and layout makes a little bit less sense than the old interface, but I could also chalk that up to just being comfortable with what I'm used to. Also (and this is hardly a con) when you have a free version of the application, it does require your emails to be sent out with the MailChimp logo at the very bottom of the email. I say this is hardly a con because with everything they are giving you for free it makes sense that they want to try to advertise.

Ian P.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Solid Tool for Email Marketing

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

My overall experience with Mailchimp was a positive one. It worked well with our CRM, and was well supported by their sales and service teams. We used Mailchimp to drive email marketing efforts and, in turn, drive inbound leads and software demo requests. It was incredibly successful, as the company has continued to grow throughout our time of using mailchimp. Additionally, we saw an increase in inbound leads each month over the first 12 months of using Mailchimp. While the send and contact restriction did cause some frustration and delays, the overall experience was quite positive. I would recommend Mailchimp to other companies.

Pros

What I liked most about Mailchimp was it's ease of use (for our applications) and the company's customer service. It was very easy to use Mailchimp in conjunction with our CRM, HubSpot to help our email marketing efforts. We would sort, export, and download targeted lists of customers from HubSpot and upload those lists to Mailchimp. This process was incredibly easy and allowed us to be more efficient and timely with our email marketing campaigns. Additionally, any time we had any questions or issues about Mailchimp, their customer service and sales teams were always incredibly helpful and quick to respond.

Cons

What I liked least about this software was the pricing plan restrictions. My software company had a very, very large customer and prospect base. We targeted many different markets with a large number of people within each organization. Our software could be used by entire companies, so reaching out to many different decision makers or users was an effective marketing strategy. However, the pricing plans restricted us to a certain number of sends and contacts per month. We often found ourselves having to meet to discuss where we were going to make cuts to our email marketing efforts, which took away time from being productive. We essentially had to ration our sends on a monthly basis, because we did not see the value in the price increase for more sends. Although it would have helped our company operationally, it would have been too expensive. I feel they need to increase the number of contacts and sends for each pricing plan.

Randi Z.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Mailchimp is my go to for newsletter marketing especially for setting up a new business

Reviewed on 2019/09/21

Mailchimp overall is the easiest newsletter service. They connect with with websites such as Mailchimp and Shopify which are pillars in the industry. The plugins I have to use are simple to install. At times other newsletter services are more difficult to connect with a website. I start all my clients up with Mailchimp and they are all very pleased. Your interface is simple enough for a beginner to catch on to, but now with your growing features a real whiz can get in there and create a robust email marketing experience.

Pros

I've been using Mailchimp since I think Mailchimp was invented. Mailchimp is way easier to use than most of the other newsletters services out there. It's easy to import your lists, set multiple kinds of audience lists. I like that you're keeping up with the other services and added automations and tags. I find it very easy to build nice looking newsletters too. I always start any of my clients with Mailchimp first. You're the most user friendly interface. Pro-free to start under a certain number of subscribers too! You now have most if not all of the features a growing organization with a deep marketing strategy would need.

Cons

My biggest cons was that I found originally years ago you did not have all the features thatsome of the other competitors had. AWeber had better automative responses/ journeys/scheduling capabilities that your service years ago did not offer. So when I started with you I did have times when I did have to switch softwares for growing clients who had other needs. You now have those features so I find I can start with Mailchimp and stick with you now for the long haul.

Emeka O.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

MailChimp made email marketing very easy and cheap

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/08/21

I've been using MailChimp for my email marketing. It's been so amazing. It's so amazing that I've adopted it as the email marketing software of choice even when I'm teaching my digital marketing students.

Being very easy to learn, easy to use, and also free to start, I've kept recommending it to people. It's such an awesome software.

Pros

MailChimp is an email marketing software. I so much love this software for so many reasons. These reasons include:

1. Easy to learn: MailChimp was the very first email marketing software I used. Even though I was only a newbie in email marketing when I started using it, it was so easy for me to learn.

2. Easy to use: Using MailChimp for email marketing is very easy. It has templates that only need to be edited to give beautiful email outlook. There's no need to do html coding of the email - this could have needed some technical know-how.

3. Landing Page Builder: With MailChimp I'm able to build landing pages for products. I didn't need a website to build a landing page. I used MailChimp for that.

4. Facebook Integration: It's possible to Integrate Facebook to MailChimp. This is very easy. No programming knowledge is required. By integrating Facebook to MailChimp, it was very easy to run Facebook adverts for custom and lookalike audiences using my email subscribers list. It's also easy to run Facebook adverts with lead generation objective right from MailChimp.

5. Free to start: Something very beautiful about MailChimp is that it can allow a user to have up to 2,000 subscribers, and be able to send up to 12,000 emails per month on the free mode. This was very helpful as I never had to spend any money on email marketing for my startup. MailChimp helped me save cost.

6. Analytics: MailChimp have provision for email analytics. This helped me measure some metrics.

Cons

Not withstanding all those benefits, I have some things I don't like about MailChimp.

1. Affiliate marketing: I'm also an affiliate marketer. I've read that MailChimp is not very kind to affiliate marketers. They imposed a very strict measure on the type of product to be marketed. This has made me not to consider it in my affiliate marketing venture.

2. Cost on the long run: Another thing is that after a business has exceeded the 2,000 subscribers, or 12,000 emails per month benchmark on the free mode, one will have to purchase a package to keep using the software.

Apart from those two cons, MailChimp is generally an awesome email marketing software.

Amy W.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Optimum Choice for Email Database Mailing/Management!

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Pros

Mailchimp is absolutely ideal for corresponding with customers/clientele, especially, (and from my experience), for small businesses and non-profits. Not only is Mailchimp very affordable for businesses with limited budgets, it is a great way to manage and store the likely smaller customer lists those businesses have. In my personal experience, I have loved the way the "unsubscribe" feature works with Mailchimp. It notifies you as the user when and why someone requests to be unsubscribed from future correspondence, and ensures they are actually removed from your Mailchimp list. I have found that this is so much more foolproof than keeping up with your own list in a simple spreadsheet. Along those same lines, mailing out to a list on a spreadsheet and/or directly from an email account often results in the message being flagged as spam/junk for recipients. You also often have limits as to how many addresses you can send a message to at one time, creating additional time and work for the user. Mailchip does it all for you with one click of the button. Not only that, you can review analytics including how many people have opened the email, how many additional clicks links within the email have gotten, how many emails were undeliverable, and more. It is just so user-friendly, and I have never come across anything comparable that gives you more bang for your buck.

Cons

Sometimes the formatting of an email newsletter-type communication can be tricky for a novice on Mailchimp, but after doing it once or twice, you get the hang of it and it becomes much easier. The "test email" feature also eases my own mind, knowing that I can see exactly what it will look like in my customers' inboxes before I actually send it out for real. I generally send it to my personal and business email addresses, read them on my desktop and phone, to make sure the formatting looks correct on all before sending. Although that is a bit tedious, I have peace of mind knowing what I send out looks professional and readable.

Kristi P.

Great For Simple Needs

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

One of the reasons I have stuck with Mailchimp, at least for now, is how easily it integrates with Squarespace. It's hard to think of changing that. Overall, Mailchimp has been a good option as a startup with limited time and resources. Depending on people's needs, I do recommend it to friends and clients, but it certainly has it's limitations for growing and scaling with more complex needs. If you are new to email marketing, though, certainly give it a try as your training wheels. It's worked out well for many people and companies.

Pros

One of the reasons Mailchimp is so popular is that it's pretty easy to use. It was definitely a pioneer in the drag and drop space for email templates. And they've added a lot of bells and whistles over the year as well. Plus, they're a generous and charitable company, which I appreciate. Though you could easily spend days trying to learn all the features, if you have pretty simple needs, you'll be able to get up and running fairly quickly.

Cons

Mailchimp was a leader in the market when they started. I'd argue that they've fallen behind the curve. I believe they started adding new features like landing pages and ads, when they should've really caught up with their competition in their core asset—email marketing. If you only really need to email the same group of people over and over again, or have a few sub-lists working in tandem with the main one, Mailchimp gets the job done. But if you have multiple opt-ins, for example, you'll be disappointed at how clunky the system is to navigate, set up, and organize. A lot of patchwork has to be done, or you have to operate a lot of different lists, which isn't recommended. This is where I find myself, and why many people I know have switched away from this software. It is a basic need for so many businesses now, and one of the reasons I think Mailchimp is losing market share, despite adding several new features over the past two years. I'd really love to see them get back to the basics and make strong improvements there.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Useful pioneer in simplifying mass email marketing

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Our company has mostly used Mail Chimp as a recruiting and advertising tool to reach candidates for potential job opportunities. MailChimp was one of the first professional template based email marketing tools to send out mass emails to potential clients, recruits, etc. Over the years, they've refined their products and added social networking tools as well as other current trending tools for outreach. They are quite useful in adding these important tools to small to mid-sized companies that could benefit from these tools but may not necessarily have the budget to develop and utilize these tools in-house. In addition, the tools are quite affordable and there are several free sample versions/credits you can use to test out the product. The most useful tool I have used consistently with MailChimp is their automated mass-email campaigns. Provided that you obtain the list based on the candidate/clients interest and not through spam based lists, you can send out polished lists for automated outreach to large groups of individuals. We have also used MailChimp to conduct employee and client satisfaction surveys, etc. In general, lots of tools for smaller companies to utilize to stay relevant and competitive with larger companies and you can scale the account/costs to your individual needs. There are limitations with FTC/internet/marketing laws that smaller companies may not be aware of, but you learn quickly. If you know how to do MS Office mail merges, this product works.

Pros

Intuitive with a lot of options for smaller businesses without dedicated marketing teams to offer polished outreach tools that are normally inaccessible. This product allows sales teams, company marketing efforts, and recruiters to all have outreach tools for relatively cheap.

Free options to test out products initially to see how it fits your company/departments needs.

Cons

There are a lot of limiting factors based on anti-spam marketing laws (emails), FTC, etc., that MailChimp doesn't necessarily let you know before purchasing and sending out campaigns. You learn quickly limitations such as the inability to send out emails to mass email lists through MailChimp because they don't want to violate these laws. Your lists must be organically obtained (such as through your website or ATS landing site, job ads, advertisements, etc.) in order for them to be used through MailChimp. So forget purchasing an email list from a recruitment organization and then emailing thousands of cold candidates through MailChimp, you will be flagged.

Also, you need to be aware AND track candidates that asked to be removed from future emails and ensure you do NOT email them again to stay compliant.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Perfect For Beginners, Great E-Commerce Integration, Super Simple, Awesome Support

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

If you ever thought about email marketing, there is hardly any chance you didn't hear about Mailchimp. It seems to be the go to solution for anybody just starting out with email marketing.

What's great is that even in the completely free version you can send newsletters, send automated emails like order confirmations, abandoned cart reminders etc. with lots of integrations to existing e-commerce software.

The interface is very simple to use and its built-in drag and drop editor is very flexible as well with lots of predefined elements to choose from.

There is built in Google Analytics integration together with numerous other tools from Facebook to Pipedrive, so you can use your mailing list to create custom audiences on FB or sync them with your preferred CRM version to send mass mailings to your customers.

What's also nice is the agency feature that allows you to manage multiple accounts under one roof. This is especially useful if you have customers with existing Mailchimp accounts that want to invite you to their existing account.

Cons

MailChimp is fine and dandy if you're a beginner, but it's not the best choice for serious online marketers. There are lots of automation to choose from such as auto-responders, triggered e-mails if a specific action occurs, but the automation is completely independent of each other.

Creating complex automation like "send this email to subscribers from this list, but only if they met criteria X and didn't receive email Y from 2 weeks ago already" is just impossible to implement. Apart from that, the automation that is possible to do can become quite confusing if you have lots of them.

A visual representation in the form of a flowchart would be extremely helpful. Other email marketing software like Active Campaign does a much better job at this.

Apart from that, the pricing is hard to grasp for a month? What if you're somewhere in between and need more features, but aren't able to make it.

Chawn Y.
Industry: Management Consulting
Company size: Self Employed

Love it but confused on violation

Reviewed on 2019/10/19

Great! I am a fan! If someone from Mailchimp is reading this, I would love to better understand this violation. But whatever, I love MC.

Pros

After the painful process of developing multiple websites (as a layman) on my own, I was relieved to run across Mailchimp. In short, it was awesome to find such a simple way to launch a "website" (land page) with little hassle for an collaborative webinar. Seriously, the landing page and email campaign were launched in less than 2 hours which included developing the content. Based on my past experience with designing websites, deploying this landing page was a walk in the park.

Ok, what I liked most? Well, I really liked the ease of use, user friendly and intuitive interface. Seriously, it was so simple that even a caveman could do it. Connecting my pay gate was also a breeze. There are other add-ons (aside from the email campaigns), but I've not gotten around to using any of them just yet.

Cons

The variation of templates are lacking a bit which is offset by the customizable/DIY function. And, what templates are available look pretty good...

Obviously, I am a fan of Mailchimp, right? Well, I was a bit confused when they shut down my latest landing page siting that it was in violation of their terms of service. To this day, I still have no idea why they shut it down, because they just directed me back to their terms page. Anyway, I am not deterred from using it. It's that awesome!

Mikhaela B.
Industry: Education Management

Very Convenient for Email Blasting!

Reviewed on 2020/07/29
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

even if its only a free account, we can still send limited emails and is still able to perform its job becuase we do get some responses from the email blasts that we send

Pros

What I like most about this product is that I can send newsletters to our customers in one go. We can send emails to thousands of subscribers in just one click and we can even design the content to make it eye-catching to readers. We can also see the reports about the specific emails if it has a positive feedback or not. So if you are looking for a platform to send emails to lots of people, I really recommend using MailChimp!

Cons

What i dont like is that it is a bit pricey on the budget. When I first made an account, almost all of the templates were free to use and there were no limit on making a list for the contacts, but on the recent update, they made it a paid version. There were only very little access in the free account and not everyone can afford to pay.

Claudia C.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great for sending weekly news out!

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Mailchimp is a wonderful email campaign platform that helps the church members at the church stay connected with what is going on every single week. Many people look forward to receiving it. I also like how I can see who has viewed your campaign, and how many times a link has been clicked. I also enjoy being able to send drafts of the campaign to multiple e-mail addresses so that I can get input and feedback from various people before sending out the final one. It helps get the work done and info out in a creative way.

Pros

I liked the ability to be creative with the fonts, display settings, choose from numerous, different templates that are available, and can even put GIPHY's in there too! I use this to send out weekly newsletters to members of a presbyterian church so that they can stay in touch with everything that is going on in the church. Announcements, sermon titles, pictures, and meeting location/dates/times are all uploaded and displayed in any way I want. I also like how I can put links to PDF files, websites, e-mail addresses, etc.

Cons

Limited fonts to choose from, and inability to make a change after you send the e-mail out. Often times, when I found a mistake in a campaign I had already sent, I couldn't update the campaign to show the correction. I would have to make another campaign and send that newer version out again, which might confuse a lot of people. Also, sometimes, it would appear differently on different e-mails (i.e. aol.com vs. gmail.com vs. work e-mail).

Josemaria G.

Must have to any marketing and sales effort!

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

MailChimp is a welcome tool for just about any Marketing campaign! The automation it provides will save you a lot of time and effort so you can focus on managing the leads. The reporting tool is pretty comprehensive and the Forever Free Plan is worth giving a try. The Pro features that come with the paid plans are worth it as well, especially for crucial marketing periods during the fiscal year.

Pros

We used to send out marketing emails manually, batch by batch, divide and conquer among our staff. Using MailChimp saved us a lot of time and effort by allowing us to automate the sending of emails, and even track the effectiveness of the content and automate some scripted replies. Another thing I liked the most is that MailChimp provides 15 templates to start with (instead of having to build from scratch).

For beginners and those who are hesistant, the Forever Free Plan allows you to have up to 2,500 subscribers and to send out up to 12,000 emails/month. That's quite a lot already especially for small businesses. To reach out to a bigger audience, you may want to consider the paid plans.

Sales and Marketing team will love its reporting tool to see the effectiveness of your campaign and email interaction from your target audience. It is also integrable to third-party apps and e-commerce platforms.

Cons

The template automations are great, but for more complex marketing workflows, we really had a difficult time (maybe because our correspondence is rather too complex and multi-step).

Keep in mind also that you'll have to clean up your list of subscribers since duplicate entries will still be charged to the subscriber count.

Kristi A.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

MailChimp takes a big idea and makes it simple

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

MailChimp helped us to develop email marketing campaigns with a superior look, feel, and function than we had ever had before. It was what really introduced us to a higher level of email marketing.

Pros

The greatest things about MailChimp are (1) its scalability, and (2) its accessibility. When we started on MailChimp, I was the sole user and manager of the software for my team. MailChimp really helped me to shape up our emails and was very easy to access both in-office and on the go, thanks to their mobile application. As we were able to expand the department, it was also easy to add new users and more contacts to our database.

Cons

I can say that I would have liked to have more user-friendly access to the overall data from my campaigns on the home dashboard. It was difficult to determine overall trends because I didn't have an easy way of looking at our campaigns as a whole -- this is probably true of a lot of the software out there, but it is one thing that would have differentiated the experience for me. The support was a little lacking, but overall it was just fine for what we needed. We didn't have much trouble with the software itself, fortunately.

Dishant S.
Industry: Computer Software

Best email marketing tool so far

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

My overall experience with the Mailchimp is quite good. I am quite satisfied with the service it offers. The best part is the eye-catching templates. It has helped me to increase my subscribers engagement with us. I can track what is working and what's not.

I will surely recommend this to other business or website owners.

Pros

MailChimp is entirely a beast in automating the email marketing. I have been using this software for my site. We have been using it to grow and generate leads for our business through email marketing. I love MailChimp because it's straightforward to use software unlike other email marketing software out there.

One feature that can be very helpful for a complete beginner is to let the new users use the software entirely at no cost till a limit of 2000 email subscribers. It will give them a good understanding of the features and usage of the MailChimp.

One can easily create fantastic email templates without knowing even a single line of code. These templates are beautiful and will help to increase the CTR and hence generate leads.

The paid version is also very affordable. It provides the ability to send beautifully and targetted emails to unlimited people.

Through the A split testing, one can see whether what things will work and what's not? It is an excellent way to know the impact of a campaign.

Cons

The pro plan which is meant for the business owners is a bit expensive. Though, I liked the pricing of the pre-plan but, the pro plan is quite costly.

Another limit which I would like to mention here is the inability to delete a subscriber list. Many times, it happens that a business potential targetted list changes. And, the owner wants to remove the old subscriber list. In this case, Mailchimp will only allow you to delete it if it has not been used since the past seven days. I mean, I want the freedom to cancel or modify it anytime I want.

Sarah M.
Industry: Legal Services

Mailchimp - there's no monkeying around

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

Overall it is a good service. We send holiday e-cards and happy birthday reminders with ease

Pros

I like that our company can design multiple campaigns all from one space. I also appreciate that I can give my login to our graphic designer and she can login remotely and add final touches to e-blasts before they get sent. I especially like that we can schedule emails with mail chimp. I really enjoy being able to set up emails on Monday and not having to worry about it the rest of the week!

Cons

I do not like that you cannot combine users. For instance, if we have clients who are a married couple, I would like to be able to create one contact for that couple and just have two email address tied to it. A primary and a secondary. I would also love to be able to send a “happy anniversary” to them both, from one account.

Brie E.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Great for new startups to establish a base!

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

Great when you have a solid email list and base to start. Would recommend to startups because there is the free basic user experience that helps build up clients. We would like to see more demographics and more information on ROI.

Pros

Great for our startup company to create a mailing database that provides geotracking and outreach to our customer base. We like the feature that allows us to see if the customers have opened the mail so we know what is effective. Knowing what time customers open the mail is also effective so we can group by demographics. We also like that we can import from our current subscriber list so and bypass the opt-in feature. The customization of templates are nice, but having the support from mailchimp team to help with branding our emails specifically is even better!

Cons

The price point is reasonable for startups, but once you start hitting over 1000 customers then the price plan becomes a bit steep. If you're a company who is wanting to reach a large client list without having to empty out pockets then this may not be for you.

Mercedes Z.

Simple email marketing tool

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

As I mentioned, MailChimp has been great for our company as we are growing. I feel MailChimp has helped keep our costs low and work flow simpler.

Pros

MailChimp is simple and a great tool for small businesses to get their newsletters out. My company uses MailChimp to send out 2-3 emails per month and I like that pricing is tier based (dependent on how many subscribers you have). When starting out we did not have many subscribers, so the price was right for us as a new business.

Mailchimp has a good amount of templates that are easy to fill in without having to code/use HTLM (although, they do have this feature as well!)

Cons

There aren't as many customizable features as I would like. Although you can use their templates and add in whichever images/text you'd like -- there aren't many customizable design options.

Priscilla D.
Industry: Internet

Hello Automated Workflows

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

Their customer service is super responsive. Upgrading and downgrading is very simple. Someone with very little email marketing experience can set up the account and be up and running in a few hours. I love that I can upload files too and send files right inside of an email, and the autoresponders are probably my favorite reason for using MailChimp.

Pros

Integrations, templates, automation - what's not to love. I've synced up MailChimp with my website captures, my woocommerce stores, and I love that I can create automated workflow sequences based on triggers and segments. You can totally use Mailchimp as a Customer Relationship Contact tool. I'ved helped set up robust expensive CRM tools for some of my clients and I love that Mailchimp offers the same high priced features for a fraction of the cost. I love that also include layout templates to help you get started. Someone with zero design experience and HTML skill can create attractive emails to their clients. I also appreciate the automated integrations with some popular online e-commerce tools.

Cons

What I like least about Mailchimp is collecting additional information about subscribers. For example, I wanted to collect the state of each user so I can local specific offers, and the address fields are either the entire address or nothing at all. I was able to use the text field as an alternative, but it would be nice if I didn't have to backdoor it. I'd also like to see more templates added. We're in a very visual time with social media and web design, why hasn't Mailchimp caught up and created more templates and cycle them out every month so we have fresh layouts to look at?

Jordan C.
Industry: Design
Company size: Self Employed

So much better after the rebranding and new system design

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

Mailchimp provides free list building, email creating, delivery options, and open/click through monitor at an excellent value. There is nothing else I have experienced which helps do this. With my average client, they are amazed at how simple it is to use Mailchimp after we have paired a form on their website with a list on Mailchimp. Especially after their rebrand and system redesign, this has been so easy to use and train clients to use. I recommend Mailchimp to every client who is looking for email list building and delivery solutions.

Pros

The on-boarding process when initially logging into your new account makes this software great. They walk you through step by step of the most important things. The on-boarding sticks to asking questions directly related to your end goals. What I mean by this is their guide doesn't say "would you like to set this up?" It is worded more along the lines of "Do you want to collect user data by creating landing pages?" The on-boarding process makes it so easy to learn this system.

Cons

Creating an API key is very difficult. The sub menu is hidden in a main menu which seems to be unrelated. On multiple occasions, I have created a Mailchimp account for a client, created a list, then went to pair it with a form that exists on their new website. When pairing the form with the Mailchimp list, you have to create an API key. I have done it at least ten times and I have to spend about 5 minutes searching for it everytime. The worst part is that I am good at locating stuff like that. I can't imagine how difficult it would be for the average user. I do understand that most average users do not attempt to create an API key since it is a more advanced resource.