Shopify

Everything you need to sell anywhere. Trusted by 160k stores

(6 277)

Abdellatif
Abdellatif

Shopify is the best way to start ecommerce

Reviewed on 2022/05/16

I ought to say this is the stage that I might want to use for my online business clients. Presumably that they are working really hard structure. I trust Shopify start a respectable client assistance that we can call and allow us to pose inquiries as a paying client.

Pros

So natural to simply import all my client's items and the day after that large number of items where on Google's most memorable page that astounded me. Extremely simple to arrangement and use. I use it for my client's internet based shop.

Cons

Where do I started? - Only a couple of free site topic! truly?? indeed, even we're burning through $30/month we need to pay like $300 to get a respectable subject! - Although the vast majority (counting myself) thought there was such countless instructional exercises on web however there isn't sufficient. A large portion of them are being made by the more established rendition and doesn't match the new look. - Google's page speed test is continuously showing lower speed contrasting with different stages like Wordpress. - No client assistance which isn't adequate

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

it was the cheapest one and Had a different tutoriel in YOUTUBE
marissa

Shopify review

Reviewed on 2024/01/16

Pros

easy to import products and drop shipping.

Cons

you dont get any traffic with free trial

Testimony

Shop at Shopify

Reviewed on 2024/02/09

It was a splendid experience to shop with them

It was a splendid experience to shop with them

Pros

I liked the website layout and coordination and also the availability of goods they had

Cons

I didn't like most of the price options as they were relatively expensive

Kelly
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Shopify for E-Comm

Reviewed on 2023/10/30

Have been thoroughly enjoying Shopify for my e-comm store.

Have been thoroughly enjoying Shopify for my e-comm store.

Pros

I love that I was able to set up my e-comm store to look how I wanted, with lots of templates to choose from. Many apps to help us. Shipping discounts are great. The payment plans are a nice options.

Cons

Took a little bit to get things set up but support team were very helpful.

Mukisa
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

best online shopping store

Reviewed on 2024/01/17

Pros

it saves time and one can easily do there sales on it

Cons

requires some time for one to start making profits

Justin
Justin

Avoid its terrible now!!!

Reviewed on 2023/11/14

Terrible...sad...exhausting...poor...depressing...suicidal....

Terrible...sad...exhausting...poor...depressing...suicidal....

Pros

Ease of setting up a store without coding.

Cons

NO support staff anymore they cancelled phone support, then they cancelled email support, then they laid off 1000s of support staff and now its just a chat bot you have to fight to get through to speak to a human who isnt even a technician.

Constant downtime if you care to look on downtime tracker, although shopify will lie and say its not true.

Constant checkout issues we have days where customers cant pay by card, shopify have admitted there is issues but guess what under there terms in section 7 as pasted so basically tough, you can lose £10000s and they simply say tough in a nice way of course, apparently they dont need to provide a decent standard of service, thats news to me all conbtracts state a decent level of service must be provided!

From there lying support..

General support sent your query over to my team. I wanted to reach out to you directly on this.

I understand that you would like your recent support experience looked into?

Firstly, it sounds like you have been doing everything that you can to get your checkout and store looked at. I am glad to hear that is now resolved and working again for you.

We apologise for the drop in communications, and you are correct, you should have received a reply from our support on your tickets.

While I can understand that this matter had an impact on your business, Shopify does not offer compensation for Shopify stores and downtime.

Please see our [Terms of Service](https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms), section 7. Limitation of Liability. Which states:

Shopify does not warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.

We will not be able to authorize compensation on this account.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any queries at all.

Kind regards,
Holly
Support Specialist | Billing & Payments

So not only do they cream a high percentage off EVERY sale they also charge high monthly fees, they have no to poor help now and oh but the cracker is they recently made 25% gain in profit for the hedge funds that now own it while laying off half the staff...see a pattern here by the president Harvey Finklestein...yes thats really his name from israel.

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

Because many years ago it wasnt owned by greedy hedge funds who asset strip companies....
Mishka
  • Industry: Events Services

Start your business off in the right direction.

Reviewed on 2024/02/05

I had a great experience with shopify. I learned a lot in terms of website development as well as customer service strategies and how to market promotional offers. The free trial was helpful and I loved the templates available to choose from.

Pros

I liked the ability to learn how to build my own website. The free trial was a bonus for wanting to learn immediately.

Cons

The apps can be a bit overwhelming with spamming my inbox. The shipping is a bit high for Lower priced items.

Maxime
  • Industry: Entertainment

Shopify is essential for every business

Reviewed on 2024/02/05

Pros

it's user friendly and people don't need to think when using it! It's well done

Cons

Always need to have third party app and there are some interferances sometimes with the website which is problematic

Beakou
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

good software to create your online store

Reviewed on 2024/01/14

Pros

I recommend this software because it will allow you to easily create your online store.

Cons

This software has never disappointed me, I appreciate the way it works

david
  • Industry: Music

Shopify Analytics

Reviewed on 2024/02/08

Pros

I love the built-in analytics! I can track sales, website traffic, and customer behavior, allowing me to make data-driven decisions about my inventory and marketing.

Cons

One thing i like least would be the transaction fees involved when does not use the shopify payments like one would pay more transaction fees

Good tool to manage commerce easily

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Pros

Shopify is a very good to manage you ecommerce even if you don't have many departments or people helping you our with your online store. To start, it is very intuitive, both the front end and the back end part. It guides you through all the process to creating the layout of your website offering multiple templates, product pages, descriptions to the payment processing to the shipping options parts. You can do all by yourself without needing much experience.
This tool offers different plans, so make sure to read and choose the one that fits better with your business model. All plans allows you to upload products with no limits. Plans focus on number of accounts and other shop features.
What I like more about Shopify, is that it offers their own payment platform (with many options) so no need to bother with an external provider if you don't have one. If you do, you can integrate it too.
Shopify also offers the possibility to calculate taxes according to the country and the possibility to restrict your shipping area.
Some features are a bit limited but you can find many options/plug ins on the marketplace. Needless to say, just be sure to give a check of all the features of the website everytime you install a plug in.

Cons

This tool offers the possibility of create an ecommerce easily, but if you are looking for something more customizable or for a big site, you might want to check other options too.
The only blocker I have found so for is the possibility to calculate taxes not only on country level but on product/group level automatically. This would be very helpful for online stores that manage multi tax items

PrestaShop

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

We have change this product as it tool to long to upload the Homepage which lead us to loose visitors

Jay
Jay

The Shopify platform is a richly supported online and retail solution

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

I've attended a Shopify master class speaker event, done some studying along a roadmap towards certifications on the platform, and I've begun some nominal work upon creating web stores as a developer seeking to start establishing an E-commerce and brand management solution.

Pros

There are many aspects to the Shopify software platform, including 3rd party app development, e-commerce, retail Point-of-Sale hardware, affiliate programs for referring merchants, professional learning articles and paths to professional certifications of the Shopify platform.

In addition, the Shopify experience, for users, admins, developers, partners, etc. is richly engaging with Shopify retail store events, here in downtown Los Angeles. Shopify's retail store presence features master classes from professionals who have successfully launched brands and online and physical stores using Shopify's technology and features, as well as their own third party establishments which integrate nicely within the Shopify platform.

Cons

There's a high learning curve to establishing a professional web presence in an E-commerce setting, and many steps and lessons to learn along the way, but for dedicated developers and entrepreneurs, the Shopify app is a truly viable tool for establishing an E-commerce web presence.

Squarespace

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Google Domains offers various development platforms out from their custom website domain purchase and management solution, of which I first chose Blogger, yet I find that Shopify is richly supported with a local retail setting that features productive and engaging events to burgeon professional efforts in gaining an E-commerce web store presence, as well as handling many other development concerns of starting a web store.

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

It seemed that there are much more well-established marketing campaigns and user engagement with the Shopify platform.
Randi

Shopify is Go To for Building Any eCommerce Physical Product Store

Reviewed on 2019/09/21

Shopify is amazing. Building an e-commerce website on your own or with a developer is ultimately complex. Shopify has made this a simple experience. Building your own eCommerce site typically would require you to pay for a lot of things in all different places such as hosting with GoDaddy and a URL and then you need to buy all this different plugins from different developers. It becomes a headache. Your site can also crash and get buggy as a result. Shopify is an all-in-one solution and will usually never crash unless all of Shopify is under maintenance. It's just a really great software and a must use if you're building an eCommerce website for the first time. You can start with Shopify and most likely find all the features you need to keep your site there for the long haul.

Pros

Shopify allows even a beginner to build a really nice looking, responsive eCommerce site. You offer templates that you know help store owners be more successful. They are already designed really well and someone just needs to switch out elements to make the store their own. You made it easy to buy a domain, a template and hosting all in one place. You also have it easy to setup your sales tax which on platforms like Magento and Wordpress can requires additional plugins that can be a headache. You connect well with distribution channels such as Amazon and eBay and I can manage my inventory quantities all in one place.

Cons

Cons is of course with any DIY software limitations within the software. You also to customize this need to work with developer who really knows Shopify and deep coding experience, versus building a website on Wordpress, millions of developers know wordpress, Shopify has less true experts to choose from.

Adobe Commerce and WordPress

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

When I did Wordpress eCommerce sites I ran into the headaches of needing multiple plugins, plugins need to stay updated or can cause bugs/glitches in your site. My clients sites if not properly maintain ultimately would break so I now use Shopify for all my clients ecommerce needs.

WordPress

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

Just re-iterate before you are an all in one solution and very easy to setup, with high converting templates at your finger tips. Just start an account and plugin your products...
Trevor

The only platform I would use for Ecommerce

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

I work with a lot of websites that are ecommerce-based, and the headaches you'd expect to come with complex ecosystems are so much less frequent with Shopify than they are with Magento, BigCommerce, etc.
While other systems frustrate me to a point where I say "eh, I just won't even try to do 'task x' ", Shopify has a simple enough engine and vast enough app store that I feel like very few tasks are insurmountable.

Pros

From startup stores to enterprise solutions, Shopify has a structure that any site can use (and excel with). The templates available give each store a 'custom' feel, and the platform-side checkout solution prevents a lot of hiccups and downtime that would be caused by inexperienced developers trying to manipulate that crucial step in the funnel.

Cons

Lately (fall 2019), Shopify has had quite a bit of downtime. Because they host so many stores, it appears their servers can get overwhelmed during heavy seasons, causing slower responses and even causing stores to crash. Since the stores are all somewhat linked, this can cause issues for a large amount of stores, killing sales and harming customer reputation.

Adobe Commerce and BigCommerce

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

The simplicity of adding products to Shopify is a must for start-up stores and stores that release new products fast. And for any brand that is primed for growth, the structure behind Shopify is truly the best for scaling, even from a cost perspective.
Tori
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Shopify is a GAMECHANGER if you Run an Ecommerce Business

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

I don't think we will ever leave Shopify. It's affordable and easy to use - what more could you want from a product that is used to run your business.

Pros

I can't stress enough how much I LOVE Shopify. I run my mom's business for her (an ecommerce site) and we set up the entire thing from scratch, with little knowledge of the platform. They have both free and paid templates to choose from for your site and they are very customizable. The fact that these templates scale to mobile with zero input from us is incredible We've been using it for over 5 years and we couldn't be happier. It is SO easy to use. Their customer support is unmatched - they are open 24 hours and always help us through even the most simple kinds of questions ("how do I upload a new image?"). The inventory feature is great and keeps everything organized. If you sell an item offline, you can easily adjust inventory in your dashboard so no mistakes are made.

Cons

There aren't many things I don't like about Shopify. I think my biggest ask is that there should be more free templates available for use. The Shopify made templates are the best because they integrate seamlessly with the product. For some users, software is a scary thing, so instead of jumping to buy a cooler template, I think users would be responsive to more free templates to try.

GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

We chose Shopify because of how clean and simple they made the process. It integrates with so many other software that we felt it was a no-brainer.
Adam
  • Industry: Law Enforcement

I LOVE Shopify

Reviewed on 2020/07/13

It's been a highly successful project. We went from having an idea to having a very successful website within a year. Upkeep is a breeze and they are always improving their software. In the 2.5 years we have been using Shopify software, I have never had to contact support or interact with Shopify about any issues. It just works.

Pros

Shopify made launching a new website super easy. We had an idea to start selling a new product line that differed from what we were already doing, so we decided to create a new website. Shopify made it easy to design our website, create a product catalog and start selling. Shopify is low-cost but feature rich. They blow away the competition when it comes to launching new, and established E-commerce websites. It took less than 6 months from signing up to selling. Our store has been very successful and I credit that to how easy Shopify made the whole process.

Cons

My only complaint is that we cannot use "Shopify Payments" to process credit cards for our product line. We have to use an external credit card processor and that makes it more expensive. Shopify charges additional fees if you do not use their in house Credit Card Processor, but will not waive fees when they do not allow you to use their processor.

Volusion and BigCommerce

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

Shopify is the market leader when it comes to E-Commerce software. Using anything else would have been accepting less features and less experience. The other providers are years behind Shopify.
Bart
Bart
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Moving from woocommerce to Shopify: the right direction

Reviewed on 2021/02/16

We managed to set up a new website from scratch in a matter of days by modifying a paid theme and adding a set of key plugins.

Pros

Shopify is a simple solution to get you started fast, without the need to code. The rare coding I had to do was also quite simple, allowing me to create the website from scratch in a matter of days (as opposed to weeks before).

The visual approach of the many themes that you can simply buy, add and start adapting makes it a breeze. It is this community approach that makes it interesting as the web is filled with questions & answers, plugins and themes - both free and paying.

The multitude of plugins make it easy to connect payment methods, delivery solutions or add additional features in no time. Not each plugin is equally well integrated, but that's rather the plugin's issue, not Shopify's.

Comparing it with our previous webshop that we created in Woocommerce, it wins hands down.

Cons

The downside of its more simplistic approach (in which you do no longer need to code), is that you give up on flexibility. Tweaking a theme is cumbersome, yet not impossible. Coming from Woocommerce (in combination with Wordpress), we had to switch our mindset: from creating what we wanted, we needed to comply with what was offered. Luckily, we found a great theme that made it easy to make that switch.

For companies who require a very specific approach, it might take some more work, but it is definitely feasible.

Technically speaking, it sometimes works strange, even counter intuitive or it's even hit or miss (with regards to saving, language switching etc). Luckily, it is a rare thing.

The monthly fee could be a drawback for some, but when you see what you get, it is definitely worth the cost.

WooCommerce, Squarespace and Lightspeed Retail

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Shopify was easier to setup and maintain, it does not require regular updates, it has no plugins (yet?) that go broke and above all it does not require a huge amount of coding.

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

The large community behind it and the positive responses from co-webshop owners.

Shopify Review

Reviewed on 2022/02/02

As I would see it, Shopify is an astounding stage to develop with. They have the scale, elements, backing, and valuing to cover you whether you are a fresh out of the box new one-item shop - or then again to be the following Amazon. There's no upsell to the following arrangement level - everything is straightforward and clear.

Pros

Speedy, Easy Set-Up. In the event that getting your business online rapidly and effectively is important for your objective, Shopify is perhaps the best stage to help.

Client support.

Mobile friendly

Unimaginable Marketing and SEO Tools.

Security and Reliability.

Adaptability.

Incorporation Options.

Cons

The major con for Shopify is that the membership and exchange charges. Shopify plans start at $29 for essential plans and increment up to $299 for a few progressed plans. Different costs incorporate exchange charges related with selling on the web as well as membership expenses to utilize the applications you want.

Oberlo and Printful

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Wix is more straightforward to use than Shopify, and faster to assemble your store with. Wix gives more artistic liberty than Shopify, yet Shopify gives preferred deals instruments over Wix. Wix is a web designer above all else, though Shopify is planned simply to assist with peopling set up their own web-based stores.

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

Shopify offers a simple approach to rapidly send off a web-based store without the fight over servers and advancement costs that can be brought about with self-facilitated stages like Magento. The administrator point of interaction is spotless and easy to use and really instinctive in light of the fact that every one of the highlights are consistently organized.
Rachit
Rachit
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Shopify Review

Reviewed on 2022/05/30

Shopify is a great E-commerce Website for any level or type of E-commerce business. It is very easy to integrate with any Website (not custom bases), like Woocommerce, Magento, or your Amazon or Flipkart seller accounts, it has a hassle-free onboarding process, pay the charges, and start using it right away, it is quite Scaleable product, as one doesn't have to worry about Traffic, Shopify servers handle everything just fine and also it Connects to a lot of third Party Logistics like Shiprocket, Shyplite and Pickrr so one doesn't have to worry about Logistics. Also for beginner D2C brands, it's a boom as one doesn't have to worry about building tech and hiring a team to maintain it or enhance it is also a fact that as your business grows using Shopify will become a pain because of the high charges of the platform which depends upon your Daily volume so it's great until your volume is low or medium.

Pros

Pros:-
>> Very easy to integrate with any Website (not custom bases), like Woocommerce, Magento, or your Amazon or Flipkart seller accounts.
>> Hassle-free onboarding process, pay the charges, and start using it right away.
>> Scaleable product, as one doesn't have to worry about Traffic, Shopify servers handle everything just fine.
>> Custome integration is also possible via Shopify Developer's community.
>> All features of an E-commerce platform are fulfilled through it, one doesn't have to move anywhere
>> Connects to a lot of third Party Logistics like Shiprocket, Shyplite and Pickrr so one doesn't have to worry about Logistics.

Cons

Cons:-
>> Pricing is just too high for large scale D2C Brands
>> Customization is not possible easily
>> To get into touch with Shopify sales or tech team is a pain in itself.

WooCommerce and Spree

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Spree is a Open source E-commerce product built on ROR, so it's great for businesses having high volumes and those who want's to build their tech.

Spree

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

it was easy to get started with.
Ardi
Ardi
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

High cart flexibility and low cost

Reviewed on 2022/10/05

You can later extend the required functions with third-party applications developed by others. There are numerous applications available, ranging from website functionality to marketing functionality. There are many paid features and many payment methods that can be used with no monthly fees and payment only. There are many design templates, from free to paid, and scalability is high.

Pros

There is a high degree of freedom in page configuration when creating an EC site. In addition to the look and feel of the design, you can customize it with a wide variety of applications, so even amateurs can complete an EC site that looks like it was created from scratch by a professional. You can also update your blog. With a wide range of payment methods, we can offer customers a seamless shopping experience. Above all, the costs and maintenance fees are cheaper than other cart API systems.

Cons

The initial status of the mail template is not ready for use as-is, and its customization is quite complicated. If two days have passed since the order was placed, the payment status of a convenience store, etc. will be shown as "expired" even before the payment deadline, which will complicate the order management.

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Marketing functions can also be added with the app, so you can manage everything from advertising operations and affiliate ASP applications to administration within Shopify. The cost of the payment function can be kept low.

BigCommerce

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

We wanted to create a sign site that was both an official site and an official store, so I welcomed the possibility of creating it. Similar to other companies' carts and you could implement the desired functions.
Cheslyn
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

The Software is only Effective if the Product is.

Reviewed on 2021/03/31

It is important to note that I do not blame Shopify for a business's failure, it is merely the platform and spring-board and not the gymnast, the product you sell in your store matters and it is your job to dedicate your time, effort, and...Uhm...money to help your business succeed, and Shopify helped me with that and it was great and it can be great for anyone who makes use of this system or those planning to use it. Although, I wasn't kidding about the YT Tutorials, study the in and outs and hows and you'll do just great. Shopify offers its own tutorials but it's better to see people like you and me actually do it, practically, than to see it in theory.

Pros

I was on the road to entrepreneurship when I invested my time and money into Shopify, my eyes were wide with hope and it is important to note that this software requires training, extensive training. This software offers great functionality and is very in tune with the internet and allows you to stay in this Shopify bubble and do all that you need to do...HERE, in Shopify. The software becomes, very, user-friendly after a few Youtube tutorials, this study process shouldn't take more than a few hours for you to get the hang of this program and once you do, the simplicity is amazing. I was astounded and how connected this software is, not only to all social media but to other applications that can make your Shopify journey great and financially fruitful.

Cons

This is really my only gripe with this software...the price. Shopify dazzles you with the shimmering glow of entrepreneurship and the tasty smell of financial success, but that can only happen if you can afford the monthly premium that allows your store to stay open and those first few months are a doozy, especially if your business is taking a while to get its footing. We all hope that we can start a great business with zero capital, but that's a fantasy for the most part, and I wouldn't complain if all I had to pay for was the monthly subscription to Shopify, but I also had to pay for all those extra applications that would have helped my business flourish, all the little things added up and started to get daunting and expensive and made me feel like it wasn't worth it, but if you stick it out and if you have the right product, Shopify will help sky-rocket your business.

Eloise

Getting better Shopify

Reviewed on 2021/09/17

Shopify, subsequently, is the ideal instrument for those looking for more noteworthy usefulness and better outcomes inside their web based business.
This stage is particularly suggested for the people who don't have an enormous group to deal with every one of the requests or even the time expected to deal with the different undertakings of an online store.
For the people who are searching for more prominent comfort, a novel plan, and simplicity of overseeing deals in their web based business, Shopify is an extraordinary arrangement.
Be that as it may, if your store is just a little piece of your business, this may not be the best answer for you, and it is prudent to search for a less expensive and easier instrument.
On the off chance that you've gotten this far, you get what Shopify is, the way and what the objective was the point at which it was established in 2006, how it works, the benefits and burdens, and for which second this arrangement is most suggested.
Presently, you simply need to investigate this data to know whether it accommodates your plan of action or not.
As we referenced in this article, one of the advantages of utilizing Shopify's foundation is definitively the ease of use and positioning of your site, two vital focuses for the accomplishment of your internet business.
Anyway, what about looking at our total substance on SEO for internet businesses to guarantee that the primary elements identified with your online store's presentation are observed?

Pros

With guides focused on the individuals who are not exceptionally acquainted with instruments of this sort, one of the primary benefits of Shopify is its simple convenience. All things considered, with this internet business stage, you don't have to stress over the more specialized piece of the executives.
One more ideal point for the individuals who utilize this instrument is the ease of use and responsive plan of the layouts accessible to clients. At the end of the day, you can have confidence about the nature of your site both on the work area adaptation and for cell phones and cell phones.
For the individuals who don't have a lot of time to deal with every one of the undertakings of a business with the vital consideration, Shopify can work with even the administration of items and supply of your virtual store, for instance. Other than a remarkable and responsive plan, you can likewise deal with your web based business through the stage.

Cons

Notwithstanding offering Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques, Shopify utilizes some sub-catalogs that can hurt the SEO execution of your page. The URL of normal pages, for example, "About Us", don't have the ideal design to streamline your page's query items.
Area names are excluded from any of the accessible bundles. What's more, facilitating for your page should be bought. For facilitating an email with your own custom space, you need to search for an outside instrument, like G Suite, for instance. The believability of your image can be influenced with an email that isn't interesting, for instance.
On the off chance that your crowd is additionally global, Shopify may not be the most ideal choice for your business. All things considered, the device doesn't offer the likelihood to set up a multilingual store, for instance. That is, as indicated by your arrangements, this point can be a detriment for you

Patrick
Patrick

Accelerating Digital Growth with Shopify Website Development and Marketing

Reviewed on 2023/03/17

I have had a great experience with Shopify website development and marketing. It has been easy to use and very helpful in creating an effective online presence for my business. The platform is intuitive, allowing me to quickly create pages, customize designs, add products, manage payments and shipping options, as well as track analytics. I was also able to integrate various third-party apps that allowed me to extend the functionality of my store. Additionally, I found their customer service team extremely helpful when I needed advice or help troubleshooting any issues with my site. Overall, Shopify has proven itself a great resource for building an attractive ecommerce website that gets results!

Pros

Easy to Use: Shopify provides an intuitive, user-friendly platform that makes it easy for website owners to quickly and easily create a professional online store. The drag-and-drop feature makes customizing your site simple and effortless, without needing any technical knowledge or coding experience. Affordable: Shopify is one of the most affordable ecommerce solutions on the market today, making it ideal for those with tight budgets who are looking to launch their own online business. Pricing plans start from small investment, so you can get started almost instantly without breaking the bank. Mobile Friendly: With more people using their smartphones and tablets than ever before to shop online, having a mobile compatible website is essential in order to connect with potential customers and stay competitive in today’s digital landscape. Shopify comes ready equipped with an integrated mobile commerce shopping cart solution so you don’t have to worry about creating separate versions of your site for different device sizes or platforms – everything works seamlessly together out of the box! Powerful Marketing Tools: From built-in SEO features such as customizable page titles & meta descriptions; product reviews; customer segmentation & targeted campaigns; coupon codes & discounts; Live Chat tools plus much more – there are plenty of powerful marketing options available within Shopify which can help take your business from local success story all the way up through internati

Cons

User Interface Issues: With the exception of the newest version, Shopify’s user interface is often clunky and difficult to navigate at times, making it more difficult than necessary for users to make changes or updates on their websites.

Alex

Shopify is a trap

Reviewed on 2023/07/03

Using Shopify can be summed up like this: an ongoing and demoralising feeling of I've been tricked and can't do my job without buying yet another plugin and going through the clunky hassle of setting it up. And knowing that without doing this the existing monthly fees get you very little.

Pros

None. I fell for the promise that Shopify "is an all-in-one commerce platform" whereas, really, it's a clunky app store with a hefty monthly fee just for the platform (that has very little functionality), and extra monthly fees for the add-on apps you have to buy just to get anything done.

Cons

Shopify is a scheme to get you to pay for the platform then sell you more plugins and features just to do basic things. As just one example, inventory reports for the previous month are unavailable until weeks into the next month, making timely stock on hand reports and EOFY stocktake impossible. At first this is confusing, but after a while you see the pattern: there's a bunch of plugins you can pay to get the job done. Essentially you are held ransom to access your own data. This same playbook is everywhere you look in Shopify, and after you've done all the hours and days of setting up the website, portals and pouring your inventory into its systems you'll find that they have every possible function you could desire - as long as you're willing to pay extra for it and are willing to do all these clunky integrations. And if you don't? Then you'll find Shopify not much use for anything.

Brandon

Very easy to get started with advanced features for those who need it

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

For the price of the software, it is hard to complain about anything. It is super easy to set up and manage, tons of usability and plugins for advanced features, great customer service.

Pros

Shopify is very easy to get started with. It practically holds your hand with simple shops and the plugins make for a robust software that almost anyone can make use of. I use it primarily for selling eLearning courses. Shopify has plugins available for most LMS software. Simply connect the LMS to Shopify with a plugin, input the course identifier, with my LMS it is a string of numbers and letters that is unique to each course, then set the price and start selling. When you sell a course through Shopify, the purchaser automatically gets login information for the LMS and is automatically assigned the course they purchased. Shopify has a couple of options for setting up a shop. The first option, which is the easiest, is to create a storefront within Shopify that is like a website, just for your store. It is very easy to pick a theme and then just type in the information. The storefront through Shopify looks very professional and is worth it if you just need a simple storefront. The second option is the buy button, which I use for my companies website. This way, if you already have a website, you can just use Shopify to generate a code that will give you a button to place on your website. There are other options I rarely use such as generating a code for email which is similar to the buy button but I am sure it would be very useful for those wishing to email out their products. There are so many plugins to sell different ways that there would be too much to post in this review. The customer service is top-notch. They respond quickly and when I needed something, they worked with me until it was resolved. The last customer service need I had took a few tries to get everything going but they kept at it until it was fixed.

Cons

The only con I have is for a lot of the advanced usage, you will need plugins for anything beyond selling simple items, like I said before, this is a pro but it can be a con at the same time. Some of the plugins are simple and free but a lot have an extra cost to either purchase the plugin or a monthly fee to use the plugin. The creators of the plugins do need the pay, that is understandable, but most are out of small businesses', like my company's, budget.