3 650 reviews

Shopify

Everything you need to sell anywhere. Trusted by 160k stores

3 650 reviews
Shari R.

DO NOT HESITATE TO USE SHOPIFY!!!

Reviewed on 2021/03/25

My overall experience with Shopify is that I will not be deleting my Shopify website! I love the platform, love the themes, love the many ways you can customize the themes, and love the thought that SO many huge companies are actually using Shopify as well! Fashion Nova, Steve Madden, Staples, etc. all use Shopify for their websites! Amazing to know someone small can create a website like the big companies and become successful all on their own! It’s definitely worth the time to give a try!

Pros

I liked that Shopify’s platform is very easy to use, even for a web-developing beginner! You need absolutely no skills to build a Shopify store that will amaze your website visitors! Simply select a theme that fits well with your store’s niche and go from there. There are so many app add-ons that you can download to your Shopify store to make it POP. And the best part? You can utilize their free-trial to build your website with no restrictions so that possibly at the end of your trial (like me) you are already ready to launch your store with the $30/month subscription!

Cons

I definitely do not like that most app add-ons are additional fees. Once you realize there are other apps you want/need, the cost adds up to where you will find yourself needing nearly a $100/month budget (unless you select a higher costing Shopify subscription, that can run you up to nearly a $200/month budget). More free (not just free-trial) apps need to be available because not everyone can afford to keep paying monthly for everything, ESPECIALLY during this pandemic. A reduced monthly subscription fee during this pandemic would have been super considerate!

Cheslyn P.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

The Software is only Effective if the Product is.

Reviewed on 2021/03/31

It is important to note that I do not blame Shopify for a business's failure, it is merely the platform and spring-board and not the gymnast, the product you sell in your store matters and it is your job to dedicate your time, effort, and...Uhm...money to help your business succeed, and Shopify helped me with that and it was great and it can be great for anyone who makes use of this system or those planning to use it. Although, I wasn't kidding about the YT Tutorials, study the in and outs and hows and you'll do just great. Shopify offers its own tutorials but it's better to see people like you and me actually do it, practically, than to see it in theory.

Pros

I was on the road to entrepreneurship when I invested my time and money into Shopify, my eyes were wide with hope and it is important to note that this software requires training, extensive training. This software offers great functionality and is very in tune with the internet and allows you to stay in this Shopify bubble and do all that you need to do...HERE, in Shopify. The software becomes, very, user-friendly after a few Youtube tutorials, this study process shouldn't take more than a few hours for you to get the hang of this program and once you do, the simplicity is amazing. I was astounded and how connected this software is, not only to all social media but to other applications that can make your Shopify journey great and financially fruitful.

Cons

This is really my only gripe with this software...the price. Shopify dazzles you with the shimmering glow of entrepreneurship and the tasty smell of financial success, but that can only happen if you can afford the monthly premium that allows your store to stay open and those first few months are a doozy, especially if your business is taking a while to get its footing. We all hope that we can start a great business with zero capital, but that's a fantasy for the most part, and I wouldn't complain if all I had to pay for was the monthly subscription to Shopify, but I also had to pay for all those extra applications that would have helped my business flourish, all the little things added up and started to get daunting and expensive and made me feel like it wasn't worth it, but if you stick it out and if you have the right product, Shopify will help sky-rocket your business.

Tori S.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Shopify is a GAMECHANGER if you Run an Ecommerce Business

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

I don't think we will ever leave Shopify. It's affordable and easy to use - what more could you want from a product that is used to run your business.

Pros

I can't stress enough how much I LOVE Shopify. I run my mom's business for her (an ecommerce site) and we set up the entire thing from scratch, with little knowledge of the platform. They have both free and paid templates to choose from for your site and they are very customizable. The fact that these templates scale to mobile with zero input from us is incredible We've been using it for over 5 years and we couldn't be happier. It is SO easy to use. Their customer support is unmatched - they are open 24 hours and always help us through even the most simple kinds of questions ("how do I upload a new image?"). The inventory feature is great and keeps everything organized. If you sell an item offline, you can easily adjust inventory in your dashboard so no mistakes are made.

Cons

There aren't many things I don't like about Shopify. I think my biggest ask is that there should be more free templates available for use. The Shopify made templates are the best because they integrate seamlessly with the product. For some users, software is a scary thing, so instead of jumping to buy a cooler template, I think users would be responsive to more free templates to try.

Heather T.

Why I chose Shopify (but also use other platforms, too)

Reviewed on 2020/01/10

I'm a fan - their customer service is excellent, and I've never had any issues with downtime or anything like that.

Pros

I have an online shop to support my podcast on Tudor history. I originally set up my shop thinking I'd sell some fun leggings using print on demand vendors. And it's grown into a bit of a behemoth. Which is great! Here's the thing - lots of creators use Redbubble and Spreadshirt and other places like that, which is fine, but the difference is that when you do that, they handle the entire sales process. This is fine if you don't want to know your customers, but if you're running an online business, then being able to capture that sales information, and get mailing list sign ups, is crucial .

You can still use print on demand vendors, only this time you control the entire sales process. Everything is branded for your business. The tags in the leggings are branded for you. The mailing address is your company. It's all yours.

Of course, the downside is that you also have to handle the customer service questions that would normally go to the Zazzle equivalent. But if you are really wanting to build a business around your customers, you want that touch point. And you get to keep all the profits.

With all the apps, you can have a store that really expresses who you are, and lets you control the entire sales process.

Cons

I'm not a fan of how much is only included in the more expensive options, and how much is only available through paid apps. Of course it's great to have the options at all, but it's very easy to start to run up high bills. At one point I was paying close to $100/mo for all my various apps!

I also still use other marketplaces like Etsy because it's the distinction between selling at a church craft fair and setting up your own shop. At the church craft fair you're pretty much guaranteed some kind of traffic. With setting up on your own you have more control over the feel, and ownership of the shop, but it's up to you to go out and get all the traffic.

Emeka O.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Want to start Drop Shipping? Meet Shopify!

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

Generally, Shopify has been an awesome service. I was able to build many sites with it. Ecommerce and Drop shipping is very easy with Shopify. With Shopify, I didn't have to bother about hosting my store or making my site secure. All these were taken care of by Shopify.

It's ease of use for drop shipping is second to none, and I didn't have to be a programmer to enjoy it. The only turn off I had while starting was the initial cost because I wanted to start on a very lean budget.

It's ease of use is beautiful. Using Shopify is fun.

Pros

I love many things about Shopify. Honestly, I've not fallen in love with any other alternative as much as I have with Shopify. The pros of Shopify includes:

1. No Hosting required: This is a beautiful part of Shopify. With Shopify, I never had to worry about purchasing a hosting plan. Shopify hosts all merchant accounts on their server.

2. Free SSL: I love this a lot. With some other alternatives, a user may need to purchase an SSL certificate to keep his/her site safe, but not with Shopify. Shopify provides free SSL for all users.

3. Easy to use: With Shopify, I was able to get up and running in about half an hour. No programming skills required. Customising and tweaking everything can be done in about an hour. This is beautiful compared to alternatives.

4. Free trials: Shopify allows a new user to tryout it's services for complete two weeks without paying any money if the user desires. Being curious, I had to try the free service before deciding to make any purchase.

5. Easy to install apps: Shopify have apps to help users add functionalities to their websites. The apps are very easy to install. Their are both free and premium apps on Shopify.

6. Easy payment collection: Shopify has it's own payment system for users. This allows users collect payment for products and services from their customers. The payment processing fee varies from plan to plan.

7. Easy to integrate with drop shipping services: A large chunk of Shopify users are drop shippers. This is a plus.

Cons

Inasmuch as I so much love Shopify, honestly, there are a few turn offs. They include:

1. Expensive: For a starter, Shopify may be very expensive compared to alternatives like woocommerce. With woocommerce, a user can build a free forever ecommerce/ drop shipping site. The user only need to purchase a hosting service and an SSL certificate if need be.

2. Some apps are not available: I opted to using another payment gateway other than Shopify's. The issue I had was that I couldn't find the app for my desired payment processor on the App store. By this, I was compelled to use another payment processor.

3. Premium Apps: Shopify apps helps users add features to their websites. The con here is that many of the apps are premium apps, and should be paid for. This means that apart from the money one have to pay to use Shopify, the one still need to pay some more to have his/her desired apps installed. This can be a turn off for newbies, and others users.

Apart from those cons, Shopify is a beautiful app to use.

Shreyank J.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Best Ecommerce Platform for Startup Business !

Reviewed on 2020/01/14

My current job is as a Shopify web developer and I almost use it Shopify daily for all of the store operations and website development. It is quite easy to develop products for clients and setting up the store since they have some amazing tutorials and once you get used to it, it will be easier to get along with the process. I will definitely suggest Shopify for any startup business or for any online business company since they have some amazing features which make your website eye-catching and user-friendly with easy navigation.

Pros

It's very easy to set up an online store without any hassle with coding, one can easily start their business and grow their business accordingly. They have a lot of apps and themes published by talented developers which is really helpful in online shopping experience. So, Ease in setting up and selling is one can desire from any e-commerce Software.

Cons

Some features like collections, navigation is still not so easy and hard for the beginner to understand. Although, they have lots of tutorials and guides and a huge community to support which makes it easier as well.

John C.
  • Industry: Publishing

Experiences from using Shopify over 5 years

Reviewed on 2020/06/30

I would give shopify top marks if it wasn't for the duplicate customer issue. Had I know about it I would never have chosen it in the first place.

Pros

It is very flexible and does most things for a simple shop using the free themes and apps, however you will need IT skills to customise it further - or pay for specialised apps.
It is fairly easy to manage customers and orders using online or the POS application.

Cons

The major omission is the inability to merge customer accounts - which often happens when customers change email or mistype when placing orders. What is worse is that this has been requested by many many merchants for over seven years via multiple support and feature requests and in a dozen or so threads on the community forum and shopify have simply ignored it.

As I run a primarily magazine subscription business having a clean customer database is essential.

Jennifer J.

Best Value for your Money

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Pros

Shopify provides you with the solid framework to create a successful webstore very easily and for a good value. The templates they have available are reasonably priced and allow you, if you have an eye for design and a head for layout and organization, to make a very high quality and professional looking webstore with only a little effort.
I really appreciate that Shopify provides a "all in one solution" for small businesses like mine to manage their web presence. Shopify has the basic reporting I need (at the basic level, advanced reports are available with bigger plans) and integrates with many apps for reviews and customization and planning and management etc. Shopify also provides you with your code base so that you can REALLY customize if you have a programmer at your disposal. However, I LOVE that it CAN be an all in one solution for anyone with basic computer skills.
Their customer service, the two times I needed help, was responsive and helpful - so thats another plus.
Without Shopify we couldn't have gotten our business off the ground - so we can't say enough good.
I've tried both Wix and Big Commerce, but for an easy to use and fair priced website - Shopify is the BEST value for your dollar, hands down!

Cons

I really don't have many complaints. I wish I had more access to certain reporting features, but I CAN have access if I choose to upgrade my plan. But thats on me, not Shopify, because I choose to stay at the basic plan. There was one day, in the last six months, where they seemed to have trouble processing and loading and hosting my site -- but one day in six months isn't bad.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Great Online Store Builder for Beginners

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

I will say the first time I used Shopify I was very impressed with how easy it was to work in. I got a call from a friend who runs a non-profit. He had his designer bail on him after saying he would start the project in Shopify. I took at look and after getting into the system it was clear the other designer had done nothing with my buddy's web site. I had never used their system before but the interfaces were very easy to work in and we had his full site created with all of his products (about 30+) listed online and selling by the end of the day. It was pretty sweet to get that knocked out for him and because of that experience I have been using and recommending Shopify to clients where the system fits their needs.

I definitely would not recommend it if you run retail stores with more the one location or if you need true inventory control, or accounting software syncing. Shopify is designed for the small retailer or business owner who is looking to get selling online for the first time. It works great and is very affordable for what it does. As you grow it may not be a fit anymore, but if you have sales coming in then you hopefully have the money to pay for switching to another system as well.

Pros

- Really easy for beginners to build an online store; you can literally build a store in a matter of minutes
- Does not require any coding knowledge
- Excellent interface to work in
- Great built-in tools for working with social media networks
- Fantastic choice if you have a small inventory and are wanting to dip you toe into the e-commerce world cheaply

Cons

- Reporting is a bit lack luster for medium to larger businesses
- Inventory tracking is not good if you need more than just quantity on the shelf
- If you have a lot of products and skus it can become hard to manage products; their system is truly targeted to smaller merchants or business owners selling out of their garage
- Does not sync with Desktop accounting software

Divan V.
  • Industry: Design

One-stop Online Shop

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Shopify is a well-oiled machine and the platform is evolving with modern trends. I have had a good experience with this platform

Pros

With Shopify, you can choose from thousands of online store templates that will give your online store it professional look and feel. Payments are secured and handle very discreetly giving you and your potential buyers peace of mind. Shopify integrates well with the mobile application and is optimized for users on mobile as well as desktop screens. Safe and secure back-up of all your transactional data as well your website data can be initiated with a few easy steps unlike competitive software that relies heavily on plugins Shopify breaks it down so that the website owner needs minimal coding knowledge to get around the important aspects.

Cons

In some instances adding advanced features etc. onto a specific template can be daunting if you're looking at a high level of customization that is not necessarily supported by the theme itself you can be confronted with some higher-level CSS and custom HTML coding to make additional features work well. I would love to see a free plan on Shopify especially for users that want to familiarize themselves beyond the free-trial period that Shopify has on offer when you initially sign up or show interest.

Pedro G.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Excellent eCommerce platform from MVP to full scale

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Quick and cheap setup

Pros

Really easy to setup without any technical knowledge and very cheap options. I find it ideal for startups beginning their journey and business that want to go online with very low investment needed. It has also a wide ecosystem of plugins that you and add for the non out of the box functionalities, a lot of them for free and really easy to install and configure. Also one thing to remark is that you don't need to worry about hosting or capability as you scale the business as they take care of all of that + CDN for best perfomance. Also it has a more professional suite just in case you need more support.

Cons

The 2 most deceiving facts about Shopify for me is when you go international as it does not support multicurrency or different stores by country sharing stock (you need to create a different shopify for all of them)., that sometimes impact conversion as even if you are capable of doing some tweaks to show different currencies you can only transact in on, same happening with the localization of the site, which is not good for SEO purposes. the second thing is the fact that you cannot customize the checkout funnel, that provides the system to be more stable btu does not allow you to do A/B testing and improve conversion on checkout.

Saviour yao D.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Shopify is the best ecommerce platform

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

As far as am concern, ever since I moved my store to shopify, I've not encountered any glitches. My sales went up due to their inbuilt SEO features which drives me more traffic naturally.
I always recommend shopify to people who want to start their online stores

Pros

Shopify is a great place to start! Whether you are a small seller with a few items, or a huge company, It has everything you need to have a successful online store.
Shopify is arguable the most popular platform for creating unique online stores.
My number one reason for choosing shopify over other platform is their security and up-time
Ever since i started using shopify I've never encountered any cyber security issues with them.
The platform has a wide variety of themes which some are free and paid version. The themes are very easy to edit due to the drag and drop feature which was introduced not long ago.
They platform also has lot of apps which you can use to extend the features of your store.
In all I chose shopify over WordPress' woocommerce after trying my store on both platforms

Cons

I have one major problem with the shopify platform. You can't set up complex shipping rules without paying additional money or upgrading to a higher plan. Even that you still need to pay for a shipping app from third parties to be able to achieve that.
Secondly the admin dashboard is quiet slow when you are making changes to your store.

Charlie M.
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A Fantastic platform to manage ecommerce easily for all levels

Reviewed on 2019/08/31

Perfect platform to familiarise yourself with the world of ecommerce.

Pros

Having run ecommerce shops on various platforms, Shopify is by far the easiest to set up and run. It is ideal for all levels of ability, requiring no programming knowledge to get going. It is ideal for either solo use or within a team, so anyone can get going and quickly too.

The platform itself guides you through the set up, enabling you to create a basic shop design quickly and offers numerous templates, third party plugins and the ability to track those all important sales.
If you are interested in starting a basic ecommerce system then it is a great platform to start your journey with and comes at affordable pricing too.

Cons

As your shop grows, so does the likelihood of using additional plugins and the want to customise your shop further. These come with additional monthly costs and this is where things start to ramp up.

If you feel the need to customise your shop further to fit in with your unique branding and want the ability to offer some unique pages, you will need knowledge of coding and still this may present a challenge. Shopify is perfect for those who are not tech savvy and are wanting to create a small ecommerce shop. However, for a bigger businesses it is not quite there yet.

Lastly, customer service is sometimes questionable with the help received. It pays to read around and do your research rather than bank solely on their support.

Steve B.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Shopify Until Your Heart's Content!

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

If there was one platform I needed that was user friendly for myself or clients, then building an eCommerce store with Shopify would have to be it. I've spent a huge amount of time and money building eCommerce stores in the past, but the way Shopify intergrates easily with daily essentials just works wonders. I would highly recommend giving Shopify a trial run and you won't regret it.

Pros

The add-ons have to be probably the biggest advantage. They are more or less plug 'n' play which really helps from a development perspective since they intergrate with the platform very easily. This is a huge time and cost saver, compared to having a programmer / coder build certain features from scratch. It very flexible in customisation and I'm honestly very impressed with what this is capable of.

Cons

For new start-ups, the add-ons do build up the production and runnings costs and I honestly think that a number of add-ons are essential, so this is a downside, yet, it's an important asset when it comes to building a profitable eCommerce business.

Ben S.

The best is yet to come

Reviewed on 2017/07/20

Blazing fast developments, more customers, more earnings

Pros

Shopify is a platform focused on product and inventory managment for your online sales. It allows you to tack your inventory and have reports on your sales. You might say "well, others can do that as well" and the answer is yes, but can they do it better? Shopify is a software as a service, self hosted with a monthly pament. For setting up a quick shop for someone not tech saavy at all Shopify is perfetc, just a few clicks and you're earning money. If you have a physical store the POS is free! Customer service people is always happy and gentle.

Cons

Lack of customization for the product structure at the development level. You end up doing "tricks" with tags and tables inside the content of the product to do some cutomizations at template level. Customer service is a fallacy, yes, they have a chat and they talk with you but 3/3 times I've used it they said my problem was going to be resolved later, that they would open a ticket for that and they never happened (I had to open again a chat in order for them to remind my case). Layout of the admin sections is not clear enough, many links and sections are hidden in undescriptive links.

• Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Best for automating business sales

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

The CMS is robust and reliable. It is easy to use despite being expensive.

Pros

Shopify connects to most software to automate admin tasks like fulfilment, followup emails and service emails. The app store has great features and is easy to install.

Cons

Price. The fees are high compared to other CMS' monthly charges. Not only that, they take transaction fees as well.
Unfair. Even if there is fraud, Shopify will take the customer's side and penalise you.

Started my online boutique with Shopify!

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Overall, I've had nothing but a great experience. I cannot get over how nice their customer service reps are. When talking on the phone with them, they truly want to help you and they honestly feel like a friend helping you out. Great company!

Pros

My favorite part about Shopify is how easy it is to create a beautiful website and keep track of inventory! I started with a very basic website and ended up purchasing a theme about a year later and it completely changed the look of my whole website! I was very happy with how easy it was to set-up. Entering in new inventory is a breeze and now that you are able to enter in the "cost" of a product, it is even better to help with tracking profits. Also, I have to add that the customer service is AMAZING! They are always so helpful and always solve any problem I may have. Overall, Shopify is great for small business owners and I would recommend to anyone searching for a platform to use.

Cons

Shopify is great! But one thing I would suggest improving is the transition of implementing a new theme for your site. Most of your content doesn’t automatically reformat. But once you change everything, you are good to go!

Max L.

Almost perfect E-commerce platform

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Overall it’s a great platform.

Pros

Shopify is easy to learn and use, and makes getting an E-commerce platform up pretty simple.

Pros:

- Easy product uploading
- Easy to install themes
- Seo settings work well

Cons

My biggest con with Shopify is not being able to change the checkout sequence.

There are way too many steps between the cart and the checkout. The more times someone has to click next or fill out more fields the less likely thy are to complete the checkout (that’s proven). There is no option to change this unless you have the enterprise plan for around $15,000.

Julianna O.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Best customer support ever!

Reviewed on 2021/03/27

I am beyond pleased that we went with Shopify! They've made it so easy to get our store up and running, and to fully customize our site.

Pros

I've used Shopify for just about a year for our store's website and I couldn't be more pleased! I've never had any company of any kind have tech support that is SO helpful, friendly, and easy to get a hold of. Shopify has create a huge platform to educate users on their platform and the options available to them. That is a great resource, but on top of that their support team will help solve any problem via chat! I couldn't be happier with our choice to go with Shopify!

Cons

I strongly dislike that it's not an option in a shopify site to allow discounts to stack. This is an option I want my customers to have, but Shopify doesn't allow it. Their product pages also have a limited amount of variations available on a single product (size, color, design, etc...) and that's been quite frustrating for us.

Edwin W.

Shopify Product Review

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

Very pleasing.

Pros

To be entirely honest, everything about Shopify is a huge plus. It's a game-changer in the eCommerce industry and if any business wants to keep up with online sales, Shopify is the only way to go.

Cons

Not many cons, I would say. Took a few days to get the hang of their user dashboard. However, it's robust features, hundreds of apps, and hundreds of themes, are more than enough for their pricing.

Michele R.

Shopify

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Overall experience with Shopify is great. They have great customer service. Tons of different apps, etc.

Pros

Shopify is super easy to use and makes building the website simple even more beginners. Simply the best.

Cons

Our biggest issue is the fact that customer's have to click through an email in order to verify their account. So when a customer buys our product, they don't automatically have a login to manage their orders. They have to open a separate email and set it up. Customers never open their emails. So our customer service team gets tons of tickets every day about customers upset that they can't login to their online accounts.

Megan B.

Wonderful selling platform

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Overall, Shopify has been the main tool in helping me to expand my business, and I'm grateful to have found it.

Pros

I appreciate the ease in which you can set up your store. Not only that, but Shopify is more robust than Wix or other platforms. You have the integrations that allow you so much expansion and possibilities. The customer support is excellent as well.

Cons

The thing that I like least about it is the limited designing tools that you have for the blog posts and pages section. I'd like for it to be more customizable.

Melissa C.

A great tool to power your ecommerce shop

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Overall, if you can trade design (or hire a designer) for functionality - Shopify is a sure bet for ecommerce models.

Pros

Shopify is a great tool for those who are looking for an easy way to go to market in ecommerce. They have partnered with the best of the best in terms of 3rd party apps that allow small businesses to compete online.

Cons

If Shopify had tools to make design easier, this software would be the total package. Instead, it is one of the more limiting factors when choosing Shopify. It takes a background in code to really customize the look and feel of the site.

Jonathan K.

Easy execution. eCommerce platform that focuses on growth for store owners

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

I migrated my store from another platform to Shopify. As a non-technical store owner, I was able to achieve more in 7 days than I was able to on 3 months on a different platform.

The hosted aspect of Shopify handles a large portion of the technical pains that arise when running a transactional website. As a result, I was able to put more time into improving the products, marketing and growing the business. Not to mention, I almost entirely eliminated the need for a full time developer to make sure the back end is properly working, everyday.

The main objective with eCommerce is to grow and get to profitability fast, not fiddle around with hosting and ensuring that apps are not clashing.

Pros

The low technical skill requirement, the availability of 3rd party apps to enhance the store, the general excitement and size of the community, the availability of vetted experts through their expert directory are all clear advantages. The cherry on top is the attention to design and user experience that is offered through the Shopify dashboard and with the themes in the theme store. Lastly, and most importantly, the customer support is amazing. I once emailed them at 1am on a Sunday morning and got a response in 15 min. What?

Overall, it's just an easy, pleasant experience - but still, don't underestimate the amount of work it takes to put up a profitable shop.

Cons

A downside, and it's surely being worked on and considered - is that it's quite complicated to take advantage of theme updates if you've purchased a theme from the theme shop. For this, you need to find technical help and do it very carefully, but this is where the experts directory helps. Shopify takes feedback from the community very seriously and it's why they've experience such awesome growth.

The Best Choice for Ecommerce

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

I am a big fan of Shopify, having already done one website replatform and am about to do another. It just WORKS, which means your team can focus on customer acquisition and growth rather than constantly having to put out fires.

Pros

So many things to like. Compared to the Magentos and Demandwares out there, Shopify is a fast build. I had a website built in 3 months. Lots of out-of-the-box features that are crucial to running a business. The Live Chat support function is the best thing - so many question my team had, that normally would be sent to my web dev agency, could be answered by the Shopify Gurus in live chat. This empowered my team to seek answers on their own, which in turn led them to come up with ideas and solutions that they brought to the table and we implemented.

Cons

The refund and store credit reporting needs improvement. My finance team got a lot of headaches trying to reconcile everything at the end of the month. If you have a 3rd party return app, Shopify may not play well with reporting units returned to stock and amount refunded.