Shopify

4,5 (5 488)
Everything you need to sell anywhere. Trusted by 160k stores

(5 488)

Electra H.

#1 e-commerce store host on the internet!!

Reviewed on 2022/05/20

Easy, helpful, seamless

Pros

The ease of use, no real coding needed, don't need another webmaster, price.

Cons

Honestly nothing. I left one platform and would never look back.

Wix and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Too much coding and breaking down of site and bugs I couldn't fix on my own

Price, ease, integration

Shopify Customer Review

Reviewed on 2022/05/24

Shopify enabled us to expand our eBay operation and become fully independent. We are able to display our products and retain our identity online.

Pros

It is easy to use and learn. Errors can be rectified easily and cataloging is easy once you understand the basics of tagging. Themes offered are easy to use and modify. Customer service is available any time and phone reps are well spoken and fluent in english. Very good option is considering a move from eBay with their ever changing policies.

Cons

The software does take time to learn and there are limitations as it is not a tailored custom solution. But there are work around and almost any functionality can be added or achieved on shopify.

Square Point of Sale and BigCommerce

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

eBay policies and requirements are an impediment to being successful on their platform.

Terapeak Research

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

Ease of use, Available apps, Integration all played and part in our decision to choose Shopify.
Charity M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

An organized, and generous income generating platform and website builder

Reviewed on 2022/06/20

Pros

Integration seems to be a steady work in progress with freqhent updates to every feature, faster than I would expect them to come out. The prouduct seems like a rely well organized collaboration, from many different sources. I also love the almost open sourced setup of Shopify, and the creators leave tons of room for customer/user input and customizations - along with ample opportunities to generate income by contributing to user experiences, with a market for created apps, themes, widgets and more.

Cons

The pricing model shopifybuses seems easy to deal with and transparent, but the billing practices in many ways are overwhelming, in regards to the "optional" apps that you can/must use in order to make the entire product a value, without the app store, shopify is disappointing.

Rachit A.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2022/05/30

Shopify is a great E-commerce Website for any level or type of E-commerce business. It is very easy to integrate with any Website (not custom bases), like Woocommerce, Magento, or your Amazon or Flipkart seller accounts, it has a hassle-free onboarding process, pay the charges, and start using it right away, it is quite Scaleable product, as one doesn't have to worry about Traffic, Shopify servers handle everything just fine and also it Connects to a lot of third Party Logistics like Shiprocket, Shyplite and Pickrr so one doesn't have to worry about Logistics. Also for beginner D2C brands, it's a boom as one doesn't have to worry about building tech and hiring a team to maintain it or enhance it is also a fact that as your business grows using Shopify will become a pain because of the high charges of the platform which depends upon your Daily volume so it's great until your volume is low or medium.

Pros

Pros:-
>> Very easy to integrate with any Website (not custom bases), like Woocommerce, Magento, or your Amazon or Flipkart seller accounts.
>> Hassle-free onboarding process, pay the charges, and start using it right away.
>> Scaleable product, as one doesn't have to worry about Traffic, Shopify servers handle everything just fine.
>> Custome integration is also possible via Shopify Developer's community.
>> All features of an E-commerce platform are fulfilled through it, one doesn't have to move anywhere
>> Connects to a lot of third Party Logistics like Shiprocket, Shyplite and Pickrr so one doesn't have to worry about Logistics.

Cons

Cons:-
>> Pricing is just too high for large scale D2C Brands
>> Customization is not possible easily
>> To get into touch with Shopify sales or tech team is a pain in itself.

WooCommerce and Spree

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Spree is a Open source E-commerce product built on ROR, so it's great for businesses having high volumes and those who want's to build their tech.

Spree

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

it was easy to get started with.
Abdellatif S.

Shopify is the best way to start ecommerce

Reviewed on 2022/05/16

I ought to say this is the stage that I might want to use for my online business clients. Presumably that they are working really hard structure. I trust Shopify start a respectable client assistance that we can call and allow us to pose inquiries as a paying client.

Pros

So natural to simply import all my client's items and the day after that large number of items where on Google's most memorable page that astounded me. Extremely simple to arrangement and use. I use it for my client's internet based shop.

Cons

Where do I started? - Only a couple of free site topic! truly?? indeed, even we're burning through $30/month we need to pay like $300 to get a respectable subject! - Although the vast majority (counting myself) thought there was such countless instructional exercises on web however there isn't sufficient. A large portion of them are being made by the more established rendition and doesn't match the new look. - Google's page speed test is continuously showing lower speed contrasting with different stages like Wordpress. - No client assistance which isn't adequate

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

it was the cheapest one and Had a different tutoriel in YOUTUBE
Ikiera J.

My Shopify experience

Reviewed on 2022/05/25

I loved using the app. It was a bit challenging to build my store when I first started but I hired someone to make it professional and it honestly looked great! I loved seeing how the apps worked and brought my store to life to help upsell products, setting up the codes can be a bit difficult and also learning how to read the analytics of your store is a bit complex. I didn't make that many sales but I got tons of traffic to my store and that was helpful in reading conversions and seeing who almost bought something but didn't and seeing the locations around the world of who was viewing my product was really cool. I loved the app and it's features overall but I think having a Free membership program with a few more features from the basic plan instead of a trial program is better since it's generally hard to make a sale in a month let alone make one in 14 days.

Pros

I like the efficiency of the software. It's easy to use, simple to navigate, can take some time to understand the conversion rates and percentages of everything but overall pretty good app. I like the configuration and the training videos are helpful in some cases as well.

Cons

I definitely did not like how they charged for the apps to integrate into the store. It's a lot of hassle having to sign up for those apps just to get slammed with the monthly fees on top of the cost of the shopify store itself especially in the first few months when you're just starting out and you don't even make a sale. Those monthly fees got one of my stores closed.

Wix, Big Cartel and Meta for Business

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

They were cheaper than Shopify. I also heard good things about these alternatives.
Jalayah H.

As a Small Business Owner, This was the Tool I didn't know that I needed

Reviewed on 2022/05/08

Pros

I absolutely loved this service! My Shopify store is near completion and I just love how much its been trying to organize every little detail. It's like a fun little project that you get to call your own and you feel like such a professional just being able to say that I designed and did everything myself. I also really love how the Shopify website actually has its own app store that lets users integrate different tools into their website that they maybe wouldn't have thought of before.

Cons

The one thing that I would fix is perhaps including a walk through for the platform and explaining each button or feature. I myself had a little difficulty at first and I was starting to get overwhelmed because I just couldn't get he hang of it right away.

Patrik F.

Shopify review

Reviewed on 2022/06/17

My client needed a new solution for his new e-shop. He decided between prestahop and shopify. In the end, he chose an e-shop solution from shopify. The e-shop was completed within 7 days and learned to work in it within 2 days.

Pros

Easy installation
Eshop within a few hours
Multilingual support
14-day trial

Cons

The lowest monthly fee for an eshop is from $ 30.

PrestaShop

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

The client wanted to try a shopify solution for his new e-shop. He did not have a good experience with the previous eshop solution.

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

Easier to use and manage the e-shop for a less experienced user.
César josé R.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Start selling online, easy and fast

Reviewed on 2022/05/25

Pros

Integrating Shopify into my current sales processes was not difficult, since the same platform has all the tools one needs to sell online easily and effectively. The user-friendly interface allows the user to be efficient in the administration and sale of their products.

Cons

I feel that it could improve by adding custom reports by the user himself, because although many times the sales process is usually the same for everyone, many users tend to look for their added value and analyze the information in a different way than the rest, but Shopify probably limit this process a bit.

Adrián P.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Shop easier, faster and all around the world

Reviewed on 2022/05/05

I started with my website on Wix, but then I found out about Shopify and moved to it, because it has more commerce-specific and sales-tracking tools that are really useful for my small online business.

Pros

Website management tools, design help, and brand promotion are the main aspects of this software that make one choose it.

Cons

I think that the prices of the different monthly passes are above average. But, I think it is compensated by the ease of use.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Good ecommerce platform

Reviewed on 2022/06/30

My domain is hosted by a different company but I was able to easily link the shopify site to my domain using the DNS as shop.domain.uk

The customer loyalty scheme that I added in as a free app has been really well received by customers.

May not seem like the cheapest solution when you start but after a while you find that it is a really great solution. Can be scaled up for POS if you want to go bricks and mortar

Pros

The order and stock management system is really good. The platform allows you to create tags and searchable functions which in turn help your customers.

A variety of different payment methods can be added

Holiday mode can be activated where orders are not accepted and you pay a lower monthly fee.

Lots of great templates to use to create your site quickly. Great apps that you can integrate including things like newsletter sign up or customer loyalty schemes

Cons

Takes a little while to add all your products but worth it once done.

If you want to set up automatic postage costs you will need to know the weight of everything you have on your site.

Weebly

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

easier platform for multiple items

Weebly

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

Easier to scale up to lots of products
Brenten L.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Great E-Commerce Software!

Reviewed on 2022/05/25

Overall, I recommend this software for anyone looking for an e-commerce software with a lot of great features and functionality for a reasonable price. I have had very few issues with this software over the years, and I am overall satisfied with how well it has worked on our website.

Pros

We have been using this at my company for years and it has lots of features that make e-commerce very simple. This is how we facilitate and track sales on our website, and it’s always gone very smooth with this software.

Cons

Customer service could be a bit quicker to respond.

Worldpay

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

I wasn’t happy with the glitches in Stripe.

Stripe

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

It looked more functional and simpler.
Kenneth S.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Software buyer's review

Reviewed on 2022/05/19

Like mentioned before Shopify helped alot as global retail operating system supporting modern development:

-No need for high capital investment.

-No need for inventory management.

-No need for warehouse/ rental space.

and up until this very sameday people find Shopify reliable, safe, it's functionality, marketability and Cost-effectiveness on point. It's setup helped and still helping customers from small to mid-business to grow big on their e-commerce site.

Pros

Best online supplier easy to start, customer don't have to wait forever to receive their orders. Low cost start-up, loads of products gaining popularity in the boom of online selling/buying. It really helps with clients complains or refunds, no worry of shopping, specifically no ware house needed, no inventory management requirements.

Strong customer support system 24/7 navigation (CTA) on point, that simply means one can email,phone& live chart without problem encountered. Shopify it's a best global retail operating system supplier for modernized development, and with all that said, it is an extreme tech savvy plus it's administrative panel is on point. Therein it's fair pricing amazing, and the fact that it has multiple payment choices giving costumers a variety of products that personally gives me peace of mind.

Shopify is super user-friendly it's strong SEO and marketing device (POS), it really makes it possible for a sale to badge in.

Cons

Shopify brings a high number of orders but interm of dropshiping stable, we all know protection is key regardlessly people of sudden expectation still find online a risky tool for running a lucrative business, have more additional invest on cyberpunk, system support (HTTPS)& (SSL) so customers can see conveniently infor safety requirements. SSL is basic when pertaining to encrypt sensitive details. if shopify can find sold way to insure customer's 99.9% safety through administrative panel from as mere as it's typography-shipping setting straightforward method on click will be better. And as of making clear to customers when& they'll get their products hence upgrade payment card industry requirements. A (visual appeal) need more eye-catching themes no need for receptive regular outlook.

Sherry R.

I love using Shopify for my Ecommerce Shop!

Reviewed on 2022/04/13

Overall, I love Shopify despite the minor improvements they could implement, and I believe it is definitely the best ecommerce platform out there especially for beginners!

Pros

What I love about Shopify is that it is incredibly user friendly, anyone can use it to start a business. I also like the app store a lot because there is an app for almost anything you need in order to run an ecommerce shop from finding products to setting up email marketing and Website Design. They have a number of free website templates that are easy to use and look great, and they offer a free two week trial for each store you open with them before you decide to stay with them or not!

Cons

Some of the apps from the app store can be pretty costly each month, although that is more down to the app designer than Shopify. I also wish there was a better way of categorizing products within the broader category option because I sell hundreds of products in my store. I have to resort to paying for an app to do this for me.

WordPress

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

I made the switch because I felt that Shopify overall had a lot more to offer when creating an ecommerce store, especially in apps and SEO features.

Wix

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

I felt that WordPress was a lot more intuitive for blogging, and had a lot of limitations with regards to creating a full blown ecommerce store.
Kalina B.

Shopify, Great for Running Your Buisness

Reviewed on 2022/04/24

Shopify has overall been very wonderful for my business and myself. I am able to track manage ship all products to customers without a big hassle which is definitely providing me to give great customer service which can be very hard to manage for some businesses who who aren't able to complete these steps and their sales. I'm able to keep up with everything that is going on with my business and the revenue. So I definitely would recommend Shopify for anyone and everyone looking for a software capable of helping you manage and feel 100% confident your sales.

Pros

Features that are very impactful and that I like most about Shopify software is it is easy to understand and set up your business to run on. Customer support is also great which is key when choosing a software to help manage your work. It definitely is easy to work with and customers always satisfied with how simple the whole process ends up being.

Cons

Interrogation with my business process was not difficult. I do tend to understand and grasp technology and its navigation fairly easily but the software shopify provides is definitely a Top Choice in my opinion for anyone because they make it easy for many many businesses to understand and not feel confused about what you are doing. The only thing I do wish is that Shopify gave you more customisation options as two themes of the software changing colors or fonts with tons of options. This is only because I love to make all my sites pictures and apps colorful different unique.

Zoho CRM and FreshBooks

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

I made the switch to Shopify because I was recommended by a colleague of mine who has recently started using Shopify and was extremely satisfied.

Wave Accounting

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

I chose shopify because their reviews were extremely high ranking.
Kaylin R.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 2022/04/06

Shopify is one of the top rated ecommerce platforms available on the market today. It’s designed to assist, and help you construct your own scalable online business, with lot's of amazing integrated features, and apps to choose from. Shopify gives you the option to sell directly on your website, and across multiple marketplaces, and social media.

Pros

Shopify’s effective backend editor and awesome inventory system make it simple for managing and scaling stores.

You are able to sell across numerous channels, which include Facebook, Instagram, Amazon, and eBay.

Shopify gives you the option to choose from a selection of free, and paid templates. If you would prefer to use your own layout, you can make your very own from scratch.

Shopify has a brilliant library of apps and third party extensions that will help take your business to the next level.

Shopify has over one hundred price options to choose from, in addition to presenting their very own gateway, Shopify Payments.

Shopify has thorough, round the clock consumer support, and is accessible 24/7 to provide an assisting hand in case you ever need help in a sticky predicament.

Cons

Shopify is not as smooth to operate as some other platforms on the market.

Shopify’s editor can be a little challenging to begin with, and takes some time getting use to.

Shopify has fewer integrated functions than other platforms, so you’ll want to use other apps to simply raise the operation of your store.

Shopify has high transaction fees. Unless you always use Shopify Payments, you will end up having to pay a big transaction fee on top of other payment gateway costs.

Shopify is more costly than it appears to be. Transaction fees, a long with additional apps can increase the monthly cosy of running your store.

Hester G.
  • Industry: Government Relations
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Shopify Review - What to know

Reviewed on 2022/03/30

Shopify is an easy-to-use platform. It has a clean, intuitive UI and gives a generally positive user experience, although there are a few of flaws with content layout and graphics that are worth focusing in on.
Shopify also makes entrepreneurship more accessible to everyone looking for a way to generate their own money.
You can quickly set up your store and campaigns while also creating rich, unique experiences similar to those seen from big brands with Shopify.
Shopify Inbox is a free messaging software that helps you engage with consumers and sell more by chatting with them. All from Shopify, you can manage client discussions, send automated messages, and gain data to focus on chats that convert.

Pros

Shopify is the most user-friendly eCommerce platform, with a great balance of strength and simplicity.
Shopify's plugin and theme markets are incredible.
Shopify allows for true multi-currency selling, which is something that many competitor systems do not allow.
Shopify has a free email marketing tool that allows you to host and email up to 2,500 subscribers.
If you utilize Shopify Payments, the built-in payment processing system, there are no transaction costs.
Shopify supports a huge variety of external payment gateways.
Before committing to Shopify, you can sample it for free and without giving your credit card information.

Cons

Key feature that you might expect to be available out of the box frequently requires the installation of an app, which can make store setup a little more hard than you'd want or cause your site to slow down a little.
Shopify will set you back $30 per month or more, which may seem exorbitant when compared to some of the open source alternatives.
Professional reporting is only available on the more expensive subscriptions.
If you aren't using 'Shopify Shipping' to provide real-time carrier rates to your consumers, or if you live in a location where it isn't available, this functionality can be rather costly, or it may need you to purchase an annual subscription.
Some of the more interesting features are only available on the more expensive subscriptions.

Alfredo S.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Is this the right E-Commerce platform for your SMB?

Reviewed on 2022/03/23

Easy to use platform, fast, and has a lot of documentation. Good customer support and extremely friendly to all levels of experience. But it comes at a not so insignificant price, specially at the early stages, and more customization will be expensive and require a significant investment and experience from a qualified developer.

Pros

Shopify is an out of the box ecommerce platform where you can be up and running in less than 10 minutes. But, is that good enough?. All that you need to create a good experience and nice looking e-commerce, can be very easy if you know what to do and are familiar with templates. Setting up everything including payment is EASY, fast, and everything happens in real time.

Cons

I don't see this as a "cheap software", specially if you come from a non european union / north america country. It has many layers of costs, first the upfront monthly fee, and also they take a small percentage out of your sales. It's an amazing business model for them, not so much for the small user. Also, nowadays, with so many people using shopify out there for their e-commerce, all stores look a like. It's hard to find a Shopify e-commerce store with a unique experience. And any additional change that you'd like to do that you can't do in the editor, you'll need an experienced developer.

Elizabeth S.

Shopify is the best option for ecommerce

Reviewed on 2022/03/04

Shopify helps me develop amazing stores, that work well in all devices and can easily integrate to more platforms needed within my sales system. I’m greatly pleased with the platform so far and excited to see which new features might come in the future.

Pros

Shopify it’s a platform built for ecommerce specifically, therefore all its features provide a better process for all the activities an ecomm needs to have, compared to different softwares that were built mainly as corporate websites and now include options to accept payments. It’s easy to use, comes with limitations in design as all templates are pre-approved by user design experts and it’s designed to deliver a great experience, so if you are looking for 100% customization you might need to reconsider the goals of your project. It’s also great to be able to add more apps / softwares that enable features that give you a more powerful platform for your business. And lastly, I believe their support team is great, as I always get fast response to my inquiries.

Cons

There are limitations in customization and you can’t enable multi-currency stores unless you are in one of the countries accepted.

Squarespace and BigCommerce

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

Because Shopify seemed to be the leader in the ecommerce platforms sector and it’s 100% built for ecommerce.
Shae J.

Why Shopify is the number 1 online shop builder

Reviewed on 2022/02/23

Love it! You don't require frantic tech abilities, you do not need to bother with an endless financial plan, and you don't have to employ anybody to make your fantasy a reality. This makes Shopify a speedy and reasonable approach to creating a successful online store - No experience needed and you could literally begin constructing today from you mobile or computer!

Pros

Shopify is one of the most incredible web based business stages available today, particularly assuming that you maintain a bigger business. It's intended to assist with peopling fabricate their own, adaptable web-based store with many implicit elements, and huge loads of applications. You can sell items straightforwardly on your site, and across numerous commercial centres and web-based media.

Cons

There are just ten free subject layouts. In the event that you don't have any of the free layouts you should pay a one-time charge to utilize any of different subjects. In the event that you need broad customization you should comprehend Shopify's Liquid code or recruit a specialist in the event that you don't.

Desta A.

Honest and open review of Shopify

Reviewed on 2022/02/10

My print-on-demand web store was powered by Shopify (which is not active anymore for commercial reasons, but I still keep my account there so I am still a paying customer). Technically, the system is simple to use, and the customer service is superb. Shopify provides you with a few design templates to begin with, which you may need some assistance customizing if you have a specific idea for the look of your future website. That was the most difficult element for me, as it always is when creating a good-looking website. If you opt with something easy, you'll be able to get your store up and operating in a matter of hours - no coding required. And that was i did mostly. I highly recommend Shopify if you are like me.

Pros

I like Shopify's robust backend editor and inventory system, which have helped me manage – and scale – larger stores. I also like Shopify's ability to sell via many channels, such as Facebook, Instagram, Amazon, and eBay. Its unique design functionality and versatility, allow me to choose from a variety of free and paid themes, as well as its extensive library of apps and third-party extensions, all of which help with taking my business to the next level. I like that it accepts over 100 different payment methods and has its own payment gateway, Shopify Payments. Their round-the-clock customer service is also excellent.

Cons

Its inventory has very modest functionality and limited sales channel compatibility, as well as US-only features like real-time delivery, which isn't available anywhere else in the world, to my knowledge. Its inability to support simultaneous discounts is also a flaw.

Shopify is also overly reliant on third-party apps, which makes my job more difficult because I have to familiarize myself with all of these addons and the necessity of using other third-party apps to truly enhance the functioning of your store. Shopify also has high transaction fees, which is fine while using Shopify Payments, but it adds up and becomes a significant cost, especially when combined with other payment gateway rates. As a result, it is more costly than it appears.

Reviewed on 2022/02/02

As I would see it, Shopify is an astounding stage to develop with. They have the scale, elements, backing, and valuing to cover you whether you are a fresh out of the box new one-item shop - or then again to be the following Amazon. There's no upsell to the following arrangement level - everything is straightforward and clear.

Pros

Speedy, Easy Set-Up. In the event that getting your business online rapidly and effectively is important for your objective, Shopify is perhaps the best stage to help.

Client support.

Mobile friendly

Unimaginable Marketing and SEO Tools.

Security and Reliability.

Adaptability.

Incorporation Options.

Cons

The major con for Shopify is that the membership and exchange charges. Shopify plans start at $29 for essential plans and increment up to $299 for a few progressed plans. Different costs incorporate exchange charges related with selling on the web as well as membership expenses to utilize the applications you want.

Oberlo and Printful

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Wix is more straightforward to use than Shopify, and faster to assemble your store with. Wix gives more artistic liberty than Shopify, yet Shopify gives preferred deals instruments over Wix. Wix is a web designer above all else, though Shopify is planned simply to assist with peopling set up their own web-based stores.

Wix

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

Shopify offers a simple approach to rapidly send off a web-based store without the fight over servers and advancement costs that can be brought about with self-facilitated stages like Magento. The administrator point of interaction is spotless and easy to use and really instinctive in light of the fact that every one of the highlights are consistently organized.
Michael L.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Shopify beats all competition in the eCommerce world!

Reviewed on 2022/01/30

Of all the eCommerce options available, Shopify is by far the most convenient service out there. It offers a wide variety of features and is compatible with most commonly used apps. It has a convenient user interface and is very easy to use! Highly recommended!

Pros

The best thing about Shopify is the ease of use over its competitors. The user interface is very straight forward and the templates they have available practically customize themselves. Shopify also offers a comprehensive knowledge base where you can get answers to just about anything you can possibly think of. If you’re looking for a headache then use one of the other options out there, but if you’re looking for a painless experience getting your online store up and running then Shopify is the service for you!

Cons

Shopify is compatible with a lot of 3rd party plug-ins and apps, but there are still a few they’re missing. For example, we had to switch our email client over to MailChimp because Shopify isn’t compatible with the ReachMail service we had been using… and it took a lot of time to switch everything over. I recommend you make sure all of your current services are compatible with Shopify before choosing them for your eCommerce site.

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

For the ease of use and across the board compatibility.
Keith H.

Shopify gets the job done!

Reviewed on 2022/01/25

I was unable to make the full switch to shopify BUT I was impressed by what I saw. The overall design of the backend was much cleaner than expected. Sadly, I could not justify the switch as features I wanted cost more when compared to competitors, and the cost difference could not be justified. Its not a complete online e-commerce solution.

Pros

Nearly everything on their backend was well thought out and easy to use. I was able to have an online store configured in minutes from my already existing product catalog, and integration into my already existing product stack was easy to understand.

Cons

The ONE feature I need to be able to switch to literally ANYONE else was NOT a standard feature and would cost me additional fees. Without the ability to distribute keys/codes leaving my current provider serves no purpose as it would just increase my monthly operating costs. The feature set for all of these online e-commerce solutions is almost cookie cutter otherwise.

Squarespace and Meta for Business

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

I actually did not choose Shopify as I already have a commerce solution in place. My past needs were super simple and any of these services would have worked. Had I known about shopify first I would have chosen this platform instead. Sadly, as I explained earlier, I could not justify making a switch recently because no one is supporting the one feature I need. So we decided that ultimately... We will have to develop our own solution as current commercial offerings justify the expense to do so. At 20$-30$ a month plus misc fees sure. Using an already existing platform would have made sense. At the nearly 1000$ a year in costs with current offerings (Because this one feature is missing on pretty much every platform) its 100% worth paying a developer to code us a website from an existing framework as what we need is not complicated to do. I am really surprised not one platform has the ability to distribute software keys/codes already built in as many developers and Game Server Hosts use this feature in their distribution.
Curt T.
  • Industry: Furniture

Easy to use and reasonably priced software for selling online

Reviewed on 2022/01/22

Overall, Shopify has delivered a great experience and made selling online quite easy. The platform is very well organized and seemingly provides online sellers with the technological infrastructure they need to succeed.

Pros

Shopify is very easy to use and has a number of great apps and plugins to choose from, many which can be implemented for free or for under $20 a month. Also, Shopify has a great program called Shopify Capital that makes it possible for online businesses to get the capital they need to expand their business. Additionally, the software makes it possible for online sellers to offer Buy now, Pay later to their customers which allows them to spread payments out over a certain period time. One last positive is that the software makes doing bulk changes relatively easy.

Cons

One area in which this software can be improved is making it possible for users to change things like UPC or GTIN codes without having to edit each variant. Also, sometimes adding certain apps and plugins can alter the proper functionality of certain software features.

Wix and Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

Shopify was highly recommended by others who had used the software and raved about how good it was/is.