WizeHive

Write a Review!
Dynamic grant & scholarship software to power your mission

4.7/5
4.6/5
4.5/5
4.9/5

Alysha
Alysha

Wonderful company with lots of flexibility for an astounding number of solutions!

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Working with Wizehive has greatly increased efficiency and helped us to organize and analyse data to make more informed decisions.

Pros

I like the flexibility that it gives me for process management. So far if I have been able to think of a process that needs streamlined we have been able to make this product fit our needs.

Cons

For some of the needs we have had they have had to design custom plugins, BUT this has because a PRO because of the level of service.

Autumn
  • Industry: Philanthropy

More functionality and excellent support!

Reviewed on 2020/12/09

For us, this software will literally replace a person. The time it will save us in data collection and processing alone is worth every penny. We are thrilled to have found a software that meets our specific needs and will help us be able to help more single mothers!

Pros

From the demo to go live the people at WizeHive have been great to work with! The implementation team has been fantastic to work with. They are knowledgeable, patient, attentive and have been willing to do the lion share of the work when building out forms and customizing rules. Any time we have ran into a roadblock, the implementation team worked to find a suitable solution or workaround They have also used their experience to be proactive about helping us avoid pitfalls of setting up software in ways that might be challenging down the road. When you are going into new software, you don't know what you don't know... but they took the time to understand and listen to what we were trying to accomplish and consulted with us on the best use of the software why some of our ideas may not have been the best long term! It was refreshing to work with a knowledgeable team who was invested in our success!

Cons

If I had to name a con, it would be some limitations with customizing the user interface. I would have liked to make the user experience a bit more friendly or modern. (fonts, layout, colors, etc) But in all my research into other software platforms it was a trade off, you could have a more sleek or custom user interface but not as much functionality. In the end functionality was more important to us which is why we choose WizeHive.

Reasons for Switching to WizeHive

Functionality and feature set, specifically the reporting and dashboard capability.
Liana

I don't love this system

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Mediocre

Mediocre

Pros

It has most of the features we need for our use, which is an application process. People can log-in and save their status on applications. It can link to get references, and I can get people to review the applications on a review portal.

Cons

This is the least intuitive interface of a system I have EVER used. It is extremely frustrating. You think you remember how to change a setting or edit a direction somewhere, and you realize it could be in one of a ton of different places. It is extremely frustrating to use, and you would think that simple things like easily downloaded all the applications as files to my own computer would be simple, but they are not. Customer support can be okay, it depends on who you get really. The fact that I used this last year and this year had to be completely refreshed because it's so complicated that I don't remember everything is a big issue. And it's not like I can easily problem-solve. I always need to contact customer support, and I can't even call. My colleagues and I can't believe that a minor thing like putting a blurb/direction before a certain section of a form weren't possible! It has to be somewhere else. Some of my applicants have been confused. We probably won't use this again. Again, it is the least intuitive system I have ever used.

Emily

Manage applications & team workflows with Wizehive

Reviewed on 2024/02/23

Pros

The best part about Wizehive was being able to create a custom workflow and experience for my team's diverse needs. Using Wizehive allowed us to put 3 different workflows, used by 3 different teams/roles all in one place. And the experience for the user is a lot easier than other systems for processing applications.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was testing out the views for different roles within my workspace. It makes it hard to train other teams when their views look different than an admin view and I can't toggle back and forth but instead have to start playing with incognito windows, permissions, fake email addresses etc

Lisa

Wizehive Zengine Simplified my Life!

Reviewed on 2020/02/07

Being a new foundation, the WizeHive Zengine platform allowed us to remain focused on building our organization's capacity. This platform has literally saved us hundreds of hours!. My favorite feature is the ability for multiple reviewers to evaluate and score grant proposals via an online portal. This feature alone saves time spent shuffling papers and sending emails back and forth, not to mention greatly reducing our margin of error.

Pros

The Wizehive Zengine platform provided me with a one stop solution for our foundation grant program needs. The interface is clean and simple and it is amazingly easy to use, even for someone like me who is not a "techie." Our client implementation specialist was very service oriented and patient and made sure we were able to competently navigate the platform plus the online support tools are very useful and informative.

Cons

There was nothing that I didn't like about the Zengine platform.

SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Switching to WizeHive

The WizeHive Zengine platform was simply the easiest to use from an administrative stance. The fact that it was so affordable was a secondary bonus!
Hud

Product has been a hit!

Reviewed on 2020/06/18

It has been quite good. Customer support has been remarkable. Get what I need quickly and expertly.

Pros

WizeHive took our application process online foe the first time. It eliminated time consuming paper work and imp[roved efficiency by orders of magnitude. Most important. it made the process so much easier for our applicants. That was a big big plus.

Cons

The system isn't as intuitive as it could be. Folder arrangements, reports and archiving could be improved.

Reasons for Switching to WizeHive

Western Golf Association endorsement, sales team responses, flexibility of liciensing contract.
Teresa
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

Overall the staff have been incredibly helpful. We worked through our transition with one of their reps named [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He was so patient with us. With every training a video was created that was posted in our portal allowing us to review if we became stuck at a point.

Pros

We used the Wizehive platform and just recently transitioned to Zengine which is supported by the same group. What we like best is how user friendly it became after our training.

Cons

It does take practice. Because it looks completely different than our previous application it has taken us some time to get used to it. And it is completely different. I think that was what I liked least about it.

Pamela

Best decision ever

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

We are using WizeHive for grant management. We are a small foundation with one part-time employee. Not only has WizeHive created a grants management system that is easy for grant seekers to use, it has also given the West End Health Foundation a much more professional look. We have found the WizeHive team to be knowledgeable, supportive and able to meet our needs. Our Board members have enjoyed the new streamlined review portal.

Pros

We implemented WizeHive Zengine in September 2020 for our Fall Grant Cycle. Not only did Zengine improve our professional look, it was easy for our grant applicants to use. The Foundation Board of Director's was reviewing all applications via a shared drive or on paper. Zengine streamlined this process and gave us immediate results as each Board member completed their reviews. Our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] said "That is the best money we have ever spent. I wish we had done this sooner?"

Cons

We have found Zengine to be comprehensive and able to meet all of our needs.

akoyaGO and GrantHub

Reasons for Switching to WizeHive

Price, customer support and the ability to work with us to create a grants management system that would meet our needs and assist our applicants in the grant seeking process.
Michelle

WizeHive Recommendation

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

Overall our experience with WizeHive was excellent. I would highly recommend to anyone who needs to streamline their application processes.

Pros

The software is user friendly and the training I received on it was excellent. There are a lot of useful functions that give us some flexibility on how we communicate with applicants. The team at WizeHive is super knowledgeable and attentive to your questions and concerns.

Cons

The interface for the users isn't super sleek looking or anything, but for our purposes that is OK.

Brooke

Easy to Use System

Reviewed on 2024/03/04

Pros

I like how user friendly it is from both an administrator's and an applicant's perspective.

Cons

WizeHive staff build your initial applications/reports and did not teach me how to build workspaces.

Felicia
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

From Spreadsheets to a Streamlined Program!

Reviewed on 2023/08/11

Prior to purchasing the WizeHIve software, our institution was using multiple layered spreadsheets to manage scholarship applicant intake and selection. Then, manually sending communications to applicants using Microsoft Outlook. Our ability to access data and generate reports was also limited as it also was a very manual process. Introducing the concept of a scholarship portal to our students has been a great experience. We are improved our efficiency internally but more importantly; we are providing a better user-experience for our students.

Pros

The ability our scholarship application portal with our student information system provides a more user-friendly experience for applicants. Additionally, it ensures the critical information used on the application to determine applicant eligibility is 100% accurate. The integration functionality and ability to customize the application fields using conditional logic has transformed our scholarship program entirely, helping us to be much more efficient with our selection processes.

Cons

The process for closing an application cycle, and starting a new one that essentially mirrors past years is very involved. However, the WizeHive support team was very helpful as we transitioned from our first cycle using the software into our second. The process will likely become more clear with each new cycle/academic year.

AwardSpring and Blackbaud Award Management
Celeste

Simple and Clean

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

The Jack and Jill Foundation runs about 9 different grant programs each year and these programs overlap with the prior year(s) programs. Using a Grant Management Platform is critical to our success and sanity. We've had much success with WizeHive Select and are excited about the functionality and feature gains for our Applicants, Reviewers, and Administrators using WizeHive Zengine.

Pros

Migrating from WizeHive Select to WizeHive Zengine resulted in a simpler user interface that shows our Applicants and Reviewers what they've completed, what's due, and when - giving us as Administrators control of the language that best resonates with our Applicants and Reviewers and addresses our specific pain points. For example: because we know that mail from the WizeHive Platform could land in spam filters, we add language to the interface at the HomePage instructing Applicants to Whitelist or add to their Contacts the Zengine mailer.

The information we've assembled in the Zengine interface to assist and guide our Applicants through the process is always available to them when they login, bringing clarity to the process, and reducing the time spent on searching for this information in previous emails sent. Our Applicants will always know "whose on first" and what next.

Cons

In WizeHive Select I was lukewarm to the reality that our Applicants and Reviewers had to wait for a temporary password to be sent to them when they forgot their password. A change was made with WizeHive Zengine giving Applicants and Reviewers more control over changing their password. Very happy to see this in Zengine.

Alejandro

WizeHive Review

Reviewed on 2023/09/22

My overall experience with WizeHive is great. Our previous scholarship management solution did not evolve quickly enough to meet the demands of our growing organization. WizeHive provides consistent updates and quality of life changes to meet these growing demands on a reliable basis.

Pros

WizeHive offers a variety of features intended to make the user-experience clear. My favorite features including autoemails set up, mass editing/deletion of records, and mass data import/export.

Cons

The most important feature I believe is missing is cross-form mapping. Right now, Profile information can be mapped to any form within a submission portal, but additional forms cannot be mapped to each other in that same portal. Cross-form logic is also missing. It would be easier to be able to link a question in a form with logic building off a question earlier in the application.

Angela
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Simple to use - self explanatory

Reviewed on 2023/08/31

My overall experience has been a good one. The best experience I have is when I can speak with a person at Wizehive for what are complicated questions that I have. It's hard to express your issues in a support ticket, because of that you don't always get the right answers and have to keep asking thru the support ticket. If you could speak with someone, they better understand what you're trying to do and your issues.

Pros

That the applicant can log in to their application and see what they did last year, they can also see where their application is in the process, emails are simple to send and you have control over the emails being sent

Cons

I wish that Wizehive had an 800 number - a number you can call and speak with someone. I don't like that I have to send an email stressing that I need to talk to someone. Speaking with a live person is so very helpful and it's the one thing that I feel Wizehive is lacking...in a big way

Michelle
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Great System!

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

Overall, the experience has been great! The team is extremely helpful. My implementation specialist was fantastic! Not only was she a wonderful instructor, she helped to customize our system to fit our needs. She was extremely responsive and made me feel like a valued client.

Pros

WizeHize has drastically improved our application / review process. Transitioning to an online system has helped us organize requests, track and review applications, which has allowed us to make more informed decisions. Also, the GuideStar integration is great. Our implementation specialist was extremely helpful in creating tools and building the best platform for our needs.

WizeHize is easy to navigate and their customer service team is available and responsive when needed.

Cons

Some elements are limited, but the overall functionality is great. For example, I was a little disappointed about the letter generator. It's not as neat, easy to use as I thought it would be, but, I was able to find a work around and the team has been extremely helpful in finding solutions.

Diane

HSF Applicant and Student Portal Review

Reviewed on 2023/09/08

WizeHive was very easy to work with and helped us go from a manual, photocopy, spreadsheet approach into a fully integrated online system. This allowed us to have a greater reach to high school students who might want to apply to our program.

Pros

Our implementation lead was great. We challenged WizeHive with how we wanted to use our system for both applicants AND ongoing students - through their entire college experience. WizeHive rose to the challenge and provided us with creative solutions.

Cons

The visual reporting dashboard was complex and seemed to lack some functionality (getting data from two forms, for instance).

Shelly

This software has allowed us to transform the way we do scholarships.

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

The software has enabled us to streamline our process in many ways, allowing us to focus our time betters serving our students, volunteers, and donors.

Pros

With this software we have been able to expand our program in multiple facets. Not only have we been able to add more scholarships, but we have been able to improve upon the way we administer them. The process has been simplified for our staff, our reviewers, our recommenders and our applicants.

Cons

We have new scholarships every year and making changes seems to be a very complex process as those changes need to be made in numerous locations. The software is also costly to have.

Jeffrey

A great solution and great customer service

Reviewed on 2023/08/30

It has been nothing but positive. Just on the contact alone with everyone from WizeHive, I would recommend the company's products and services. Using the product only adds to my positive experience.

Pros

WizeHive came highly recommended from similar organizations. After an initial sales presentation, I knew the product was the exact solution we needed to transition from a paper-based application process to a secure, online process. It has been great working with the entire WizeHive team from our sales representative, to our solutions architect, to our implementation lead, to our success specialist, and to our training director. We went live two months ago and have seen a remarkable increase in applications when compared to the same time period last year and have received extremely positive feedback from our applicants and evaluators. It is an easy-to-use platform with a very low barrier to entry. It is also cost-effective, which is always a major consideration for non-profits working within the strict confines of a budget.

Cons

The only limitation that I've encountered this far with the product is that data can only be exported in Excel format and not directly into a PDF form. Once exported to Excel, it requires additional manipulation in order to group and present data.

Genice
Genice
  • Used for 1+ year

WizeHive has been a phenomenal partner - excellent product and customer service!

Reviewed on 2017/11/03

No more paper applications! Easy to track scholarship winners and process scholarship payments! Easy for scholarship selection committees to access applications from their homes - no more running to the Foundation's office to pick up paper applications and distribute them to their committee members. Much easier for students to apply for scholarships!

Pros

Our scholarship program grew to the point that we were no longer able to process paper applications. Many of our scholarships are unique - some require applications, others are team or coach selected. We needed a customized scholarship platform that could allow us to continue administering all of our scholarships and provide an easy way to track scholarship winners and process scholarship payments. WizeHive's Zengine product was the perfect solution to our scholarship program's needs!

Cons

The first year we implemented the software, there were a couple of things that I thought could be improved. The WizeHive team listened to my comments and has come up with solutions to make the process even better this year!

Natacha

We LOVE WizeHive

Reviewed on 2023/08/17

Fantastic!

Fantastic!

Pros

The support team did an amazing job creating our platform. They were extremely helpful and always there to guide or answer questions. WizeHive is user friendly from the admin side all the way to the grant application review teams. The portal looks fantastic on a desktop, laptop, and phone. The attachments can be viewed from all the above devices. Super happy with WizeHive!

Cons

We still need to build our reports. Not a con, only thing that isn't perfect yet.

Kurt
  • Industry: Research

WizeHive - Excellent Grant Management Software

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

Pros

WizeHive is incredibly useful for program management, thanks to its integrated portal editor/publisher, as well as the highly editable data display. And WizeHive's support staff are unfailingly helpful, no matter how large or small the question!

Cons

Portions of the portal architecture are very intertwined, to the degree that altering/updating one can completely destabilize another (or the entire process you're working in). This is not ideal. However, this can be partially chalked up to an ongoing effort to further improve the back-end interface on Zengine's behalf, so I cannot be too harsh here. (Additionally, their customer support team is unbelievably helpful with any questions administrators have!)

2018 WizeHive Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

Pros

I like that WizeHive is very user friendly and can be easily taught to those of all skill levels. Also, it is a great way to manage files and applications we receive. Lastly, the ability to create reports is a great tool.

Cons

WizeHive works well for our application process. There isn't anything about it that poses a challenge to our process.

Camellia

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/02/13

Pros

WizeHive provided an incredible implementation lead (Dan) to get our fellowship platform active. He provided novel ideas and features to make sure both the application and review process ran seamless. The product is solid and easy to navigate. Also, the support staff turnaround time on troubleshooting problems is faster than the speed of light.

Cons

I liked everything about the product. I have nothing to add here.

Ashley

Easy experience with supportive implementation managers; Always friendly and knowledgeable

Reviewed on 2017/07/26

Pros

What has been most helpful for us is the flexible work flow and the widgets. We are still learning and understanding all the possibilities and making adjustments as we go.

Cons

So far, not being able to open select fields for our end-users to modify/edit is frustrating but manageable. Also, not being able to pre-populate fields in real time is hard to explain to non-tech savvy ppl because they believe that if the information is there, it should be able to pre-populate anywhere. Ideal situation for us would not have to manually export/import data to link fields together.

Liz

WizeHive Review

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

The WizeHive team has been super responsive and patient.

The WizeHive team has been super responsive and patient.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the design. I am still in the early implementation phase, but I think this will be a great long-term solution for the Foundation.

Cons

I found the learning curve pretty steep and way more complicated than an old system we used, but I am getting it. Ultimately it will be better. I also with there was an app.

Submittable