WizeHive

Flexible grant & scholarship software to powers your mission

4,8
4,6
4,5
4,4
4,8
Mary F.

Excellent Value for the Money

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Data management is actually something I look forward to now that we have Zengine, and even those on our team who use the system less frequently agree. It is a relatively complex application and requires some time to get familiar with the structure, but we've found the time investment to be well worth it. In fact, the effort we've put into setting up the database to fit our needs is saving us time as we increase the number of records and enabling us to improve other workflows outside of the Zengine space. We highly recommend it and in fact have already done so with another grantmaker.

Pros

Zengine has completely transformed our workflow and allowed us to organize applications, grant disbursements, and review processes in a way we never could have managed using Google Docs and email. Those of us who use the system regularly can easily find what we are looking for, and we have confidence that data isn't slipping through the cracks. The dashboard views are helpful for our board, and we are already getting a glimpse of how we can use the database to create robust reports.

Cons

The only thing we miss is the ability to be notified (e.g. by email) if something has been submitted through the portal by an external user. But we've found a satisfactory workaround.

Jill C.

We use Wizehive for grant & scholarship reviews. It's a great service!

Reviewed on 2017/07/26

Pros

It's ease of use, for both administrators & users, is the best feature. We have received many compliments from our users and are often amazed ourselves at the minimal set-up requirement necessary to open a new portal. The excellent and timely customer service is a great bonus!

Cons

Every once in a while a user cannot log in with the credentials assigned to them. However, this is an easy fix, and it rarely happens. I could (should) probably talk to my Wizehive support specialist and let him know...I'm confident he could fix this!

Kurt F.
Industry: Research

WizeHive - Excellent Grant Management Software

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

Pros

WizeHive is incredibly useful for program management, thanks to its integrated portal editor/publisher, as well as the highly editable data display. And WizeHive's support staff are unfailingly helpful, no matter how large or small the question!

Cons

Portions of the portal architecture are very intertwined, to the degree that altering/updating one can completely destabilize another (or the entire process you're working in). This is not ideal. However, this can be partially chalked up to an ongoing effort to further improve the back-end interface on Zengine's behalf, so I cannot be too harsh here. (Additionally, their customer support team is unbelievably helpful with any questions administrators have!)

Liz B.
Company size: Self Employed

WizeHive Review

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

The WizeHive team has been super responsive and patient.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the design. I am still in the early implementation phase, but I think this will be a great long-term solution for the Foundation.

Cons

I found the learning curve pretty steep and way more complicated than an old system we used, but I am getting it. Ultimately it will be better. I also with there was an app.

Elise P.

Wizehive Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

Pros

I think the most impressive aspect of the platform was our Program Manager. She was extremely knowledgeable about the software and was always willing to help, jump on a call to explain something, etc. We can't say enough about her level of professionalism and support.

Cons

The platform is very complex, which is what we needed. However, the complexity of the platform makes for a greater learning curve. Thankfully, our Program Manager was able to walk us through it all.

David L.
Industry: Education Management

I felt well looked after

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/09/29

My overall experience has been great.

Pros

We run a system with Wizehive for processing proposals for scientific research events. This year we moved to the new Zengine platform and I anticipated some amount of time and effort to learn the new system. However, I was really well supported through a series of video calls with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who, with patience and good humour, showed me the ropes and made sure that I knew how everything worked. I really felt well supported. Thanks guys.

Cons

The only drawback is that it is not fully customizable. A flexible out-of-the-box solution is modified to fit our circumstances. But for this price range I'm very happy with that.

Gwendolyn B.

WizeHive has totally revolutionized our selection process

Reviewed on 2018/07/30

Pros

It has really streamlined our selection and reporting processes, making us more consistent and able to focus on improving how we work.

Cons

It didn't feel super intuitive to use at first, however the trainings are very helpful and once I got the hang of it.

Qiana T.

Game Changer - Made scholarship process very efficient

Reviewed on 2016/05/13

The software has allowed us to simplify the scholarship process. Applications from different cycles are housed in one location and cross reporting is simple and efficient. I like that the same database is used to collect applications reviews and issue and track awards making our manual system seem archaic and ineffective. The customer service is excellent and I always get immediate responses to any inquiries that I have.

One con that I've found and it may be the fault of the user; applicants are not easily able to retrieve lost passwords but instead contact me and I in turn have to contact customer service. If this could be simplified online, it would be awesome!

Response from WizeHive

Thanks for the review and feedback on passwords. We are proud to offer Google Single Sign-On for users. It helps alleviate the password retrieval process for administrators, as well as streamlines the the application process. Here's a blog post on it, and we are happy to discuss offline getting you set-up with it. Cheers! http://blog.wizehive.com/2015/10/05/google-single-sign-on/

Stephanie W.

User-friendly product and great support

Reviewed on 2016/09/27

We're starting into our third year using WizeHive to administer scholarship and grant applications. The software is intuitive and user friendly for us on the back end and we've gotten positive feedback from our review committees about their user experience as well. It's a pretty standard online application format for applicants and any questions they've had have been easily resolved. We've been very pleased with the responsiveness, professionalism, and competence of the Wizehive staff too. Using this system has made our application/review processes more efficient and we've been very satisfied with the software and our overall experience.

Maria P.
Industry: Higher Education

Application platform

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/04/24

Pros

Wizehive created a fabulous application platform for our educational program. It had a lot of flexibility and features we could use that would make gathering data, sorting and presenting them very easy. The support we had from their team was great too!

Cons

The platform because of its various features needed some time to familiarize ourselves with. Because of its complexity and the plethora of functions and capabilities we needed to spend some time playing around to understand everything that it had to offer. The team, especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], was very helpful and patient with us.

Cameron T.

Wizehive is fabulous!

Reviewed on 2015/06/01

Wizehive is a perfect solution for the capturing, storing, and review of multiple data points and content supplied by applicants. Love the review options; that we can provide full or part access, to specific level reviewers as needed.

Where I lacked in knowledge for set up and execution, Wizehive's Josh Thorne jumped in as needed to provide top notch support and ideas to create a better online experience for our clients, and has been 100% helpful, patient, and kind.

Thank you Wizehive!

Katie E.
Industry: Government Administration

Hawaii's Watershed Partnerships Program

Reviewed on 2016/09/19

Wizehive staff extremely helpful and available to answer questions. Platform easy to navigate for both applicants and backend user. A few bugs encountered at the beginning, but were easily fixed by technical staff

Pros

Ability to go through the backend to make changes or fixes to applications. Review portal is aesthetically pleasing and intuitive to use.

Cons

Would like users to be able to login to application portal using same email after submitting application (fix in the works).

Gabriel W.

Grant management application review

Reviewed on 2015/01/28

I've used WizeHive multiple times to collect, manage and organize applications for the Open Angel Forum conferences we run in Philly. WizeHive not only made the process easy for the applicants, but we found it very easy to modify the forms and manage the process ourselves, with very little help needed from the WizeHive team.

Tziporah A.

Online Scholarship Applications

Reviewed on 2016/03/31

We have used Wizehive to put our scholarship applications online. The customer service and technical-support is amazing. They respond to questions in a timely manner. The system has worked well for us. The families applying for scholarships have been happy with the system.

Lori A.

WizeHive is AWESOME!

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2016/11/08
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

WizeHive is a great easy to use grant review portal that our Kauai United Way staff uses as well as our Allocations committee. This year we will be opening it up to our full Board of Directors. I foresee no problems. It's very easy to use and simple to use.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy and convenient to access. The backend is easy to adjust from year to year.

Cons

Really the only con is the time difference between Hawaii and Pennsylvania. If problems occur... you must contact them early in the day as they do not have 24 customer service. Though problems are far and few between, WizeHive is a great product.

Debra H.

Great experience working with Wizehive - knowledgeable, supportive assistance, product easy to use!

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

It makes sense - it's easy to use and easy to learn! It has helped me take a time-consuming project (collecting scholarship applications) and simplify the process. Wizehive also comes with a knowledgeable staff, who is very helpful and walks me through the application and review processes. For me, learning a new software program can be daunting, but the software was easy to learn, and the online support allowed me to see and talk through each learning step. It gave me the confidence I needed to make the most effective use of this product for our Foundation scholarship program. In fact, when the Membership Department saw how Wizehive worked for our Foundation scholarship program, they decided they wanted to use it for their student competitions, and their competitions include video clips! This software is very versatile, easy to use, and adaptable to the many situations.

Cons

I really do not have any cons about this software. I enjoy working with it; it has met our needs.

Autumn F.
Industry: Philanthropy

More functionality and excellent support!

Reviewed on 2020/12/09

For us, this software will literally replace a person. The time it will save us in data collection and processing alone is worth every penny. We are thrilled to have found a software that meets our specific needs and will help us be able to help more single mothers!

Pros

From the demo to go live the people at WizeHive have been great to work with! The implementation team has been fantastic to work with. They are knowledgeable, patient, attentive and have been willing to do the lion share of the work when building out forms and customizing rules. Any time we have ran into a roadblock, the implementation team worked to find a suitable solution or workaround They have also used their experience to be proactive about helping us avoid pitfalls of setting up software in ways that might be challenging down the road. When you are going into new software, you don't know what you don't know... but they took the time to understand and listen to what we were trying to accomplish and consulted with us on the best use of the software why some of our ideas may not have been the best long term! It was refreshing to work with a knowledgeable team who was invested in our success!

Cons

If I had to name a con, it would be some limitations with customizing the user interface. I would have liked to make the user experience a bit more friendly or modern. (fonts, layout, colors, etc) But in all my research into other software platforms it was a trade off, you could have a more sleek or custom user interface but not as much functionality. In the end functionality was more important to us which is why we choose WizeHive.

Lisa A.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Wizehive Zengine Simplified my Life!

Reviewed on 2020/02/07

Being a new foundation, the WizeHive Zengine platform allowed us to remain focused on building our organization's capacity. This platform has literally saved us hundreds of hours!. My favorite feature is the ability for multiple reviewers to evaluate and score grant proposals via an online portal. This feature alone saves time spent shuffling papers and sending emails back and forth, not to mention greatly reducing our margin of error.

Pros

The Wizehive Zengine platform provided me with a one stop solution for our foundation grant program needs. The interface is clean and simple and it is amazingly easy to use, even for someone like me who is not a "techie." Our client implementation specialist was very service oriented and patient and made sure we were able to competently navigate the platform plus the online support tools are very useful and informative.

Cons

There was nothing that I didn't like about the Zengine platform.

Hud E.

Product has been a hit!

Reviewed on 2020/06/18

It has been quite good. Customer support has been remarkable. Get what I need quickly and expertly.

Pros

WizeHive took our application process online foe the first time. It eliminated time consuming paper work and imp[roved efficiency by orders of magnitude. Most important. it made the process so much easier for our applicants. That was a big big plus.

Cons

The system isn't as intuitive as it could be. Folder arrangements, reports and archiving could be improved.

Pamela C.
Company size: Self Employed

Best decision ever

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

We are using WizeHive for grant management. We are a small foundation with one part-time employee. Not only has WizeHive created a grants management system that is easy for grant seekers to use, it has also given the West End Health Foundation a much more professional look. We have found the WizeHive team to be knowledgeable, supportive and able to meet our needs. Our Board members have enjoyed the new streamlined review portal.

Pros

We implemented WizeHive Zengine in September 2020 for our Fall Grant Cycle. Not only did Zengine improve our professional look, it was easy for our grant applicants to use. The Foundation Board of Director's was reviewing all applications via a shared drive or on paper. Zengine streamlined this process and gave us immediate results as each Board member completed their reviews. Our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] said "That is the best money we have ever spent. I wish we had done this sooner?"

Cons

We have found Zengine to be comprehensive and able to meet all of our needs.

Tomoko M.

Implementing zengine from select

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/07/16

There are technical areas of improvement but overall the customer support quality has been excellent. Customer support crew as well as account managers are responsive, helpful, patient and thoughtful. That is one of the best experience of being a wizehive customer so far.

Pros

The two top favorite features of Zengine that did not exist in Select are: 1) Data dashboard and 2) Side by side screen for evaluation form (Review portal). The former prevents us from downloading millions of excel spreadsheet to do data filtering to understand who is coming through our application - and the latter is a much better user experience for evaluator volunteers that we recruit every year. Thank you for these changes.

Cons

I hope there is more HTML/design element we can add on the platform - whether it is form creation, email templates, evaluator form... we use Form Assembly in many parts of our work and it has more design capacity (color, fonts, logo, insert graphics, etc). Also the degree of non-English customization was limited in comparison to our needs and we had to take two of our programs (Spain and Colombia) off Wizehive, which was unfortunate.

Michelle H.
Industry: Packaging & Containers
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great System!

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

Overall, the experience has been great! The team is extremely helpful. My implementation specialist was fantastic! Not only was she a wonderful instructor, she helped to customize our system to fit our needs. She was extremely responsive and made me feel like a valued client.

Pros

WizeHize has drastically improved our application / review process. Transitioning to an online system has helped us organize requests, track and review applications, which has allowed us to make more informed decisions. Also, the GuideStar integration is great. Our implementation specialist was extremely helpful in creating tools and building the best platform for our needs.

WizeHize is easy to navigate and their customer service team is available and responsive when needed.

Cons

Some elements are limited, but the overall functionality is great. For example, I was a little disappointed about the letter generator. It's not as neat, easy to use as I thought it would be, but, I was able to find a work around and the team has been extremely helpful in finding solutions.

Alexis J.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

The best system for both front end user and back end staff satisfaction. Best decision we made!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/06/17

We use the WizeHive Zengine platform for our grant system. We have both submission portals and review portals related to the two grant programs we provide in Florida. It's being utilized just by those of us connected specifically to the USTA Florida Section Foundation in an effort to manage the grant application and review process.

Pros

- It has made the application, which is almost identical to the application questions previously displayed by our old service, seem less daunting and more user friendly to grant applicants.
- The grant review team has exclaimed that the side-by-side review option is the best feature ever invented and has saved them loads of paper.
- Internally, I appreciate the ease of use of the back end system. Being able to easily assign grants to reviews both in and outside the organization, easily create queries for the stats I need, and the ability to move application through the steps of the system seamlessly make this my top choice since I'm the only staff member dedicated to the Foundation which leaves me with lots on my plate to balance.

Cons

I haven't found any yet. At this point, I'm thrilled with each of the features and the ease of use of the system.

Ilene R.

Internship Application Process Made So Much Easier

Reviewed on 2016/09/18

We have used WizeHive for our summer internship application process and have been very, very happy with it -- it's made it so much easier for us to manage the applications we receive and to assemble data. In particular, the review functionality has streamlined our process and avoided wasteful copying. After the initial set-up, we haven't needed much support from year to year, which is terrific - but when we do they are very responsive.

Pros

Overall, the whole system works really well, and the reporting function is terrific.

Cons

The e-mails to references seem to get caught in SPAM filters fairly often, which creates some administrative burden to follow up with those persons. And since we use the system only once a year, it is a bit pricey.

Response from WizeHive

Hi Ilene: Thank you for your business as well as your review! If you continue to have the SPAM problem please contact us directly We send all of our emails out through a 3rd party service called that processes over 20 billion emails a month with a 99%+ deliverability guarantee so we should look into your configuration as this should not be an issue.

Rudi J.
Industry: Civic & Social Organization

User-friendly software

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

Our experience with implementation specialist was very positive - he was very clear in his explanations about the different design options we had at each step, and careful to address each piece of feedback and each question we had, as he helped us to customize the software to fit our grant application and administration needs.

Pros

This software has already saved us considerable staff time and paper. Creating a form is easy, as is organizing and exporting the data. Our panel of community grant reviewers appreciated how easy it was to access, take notes on, and score the grant applications this year.

Cons

We've not yet come to a satisfactory solution for managing grant-related correspondence. The system logs all email that goes out in an ongoing list, but we'd like to be able to organize this by recipient.