FreshBooks Reviews

Allison
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great Invoicing Tool for Time Tracking

Reviewed on 2022/11/12

Freshbooks does manage the following VERY well: Time tracking against projects and clients; invoice creation based on tracked time; and one-off invoices or flat rate pricing. I also like the clean and easy to navigate interface.Generating and reading historical reports is quick and easy to determine things like, how quickly specific clients are paying (and who is historically slower at paying), income by client and income by project/work type.The phone app is functional for my needs, although it's a little clunky and not nearly as full featured as the desktop software. It's not bad, but not great. I have successfully tracked time on the app, then issued an invoice from my phone to my client's email inbox.Overall, Freshbook fulfills my needs as a consultant.

Pros

I really like Freshbooks for it's easy invoicing and time tracking. I was able to integrate it with Teamwork project management software so that more complex jobs that require detailed time tracking against tasks and milestones could be tracked there and then my time could be exported to Freshbooks. Freshbooks also integrated with my Paypal gateway, allowing me to accept major credit cards.

Cons

Freshbooks collaboration with other contractors doesn't work very well. In addition, the per-client pricing has gotten pricey for those of us who have many one-off clients.The retainer payments feature was not easy to use.

Harvest and Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

Invoicing flexibility, integration with Teamwork PM software and integration with Paypal.
Shayla
Shayla
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Freshbooks Track and manage expenses well

Reviewed on 2022/12/26

FreshBooks is exceptional in its simplicity of use, making it a great choice for any business's accounting needs. In the beginning, it helped us save time by allowing us to automate a few procedures. Create polished invoices that will impress your customers in no time at all.

Pros

Through FreshBooks' Project and tracking function, monitoring project costs is a breeze. Using the Project feature makes billing a breeze. There is a clean design to the user interface that makes navigating swiftly and easily possible. It's possible to modify the categories of business expenses to meet specific requirements. Getting a copy to my accountants was a breeze.

Cons

As such, its capability in relation to ledgers falls short of what one may expect from a product designed for major corporations. The prior version of FreshBooks was more dependable than the current one, therefore the most recent update was a major setback for the program's reputation. The cost varies widely depending on the version you choose.

No Two-Factor Authentication - Very bad overall security

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Freshbooks has been in business for years but does not have a basic Two-Factor Authentication feature to prevent hackers from gaining unauthorized access to customers' accounts. Not having this feature borders on negligence. This is a basic standard feature that other cloud accounting software XERO and Quickbooks have had for years.

Not having two-factor authentication is alarmingly bad because tens of thousands of Freshbooks customers are trusting Freshbooks with a ton sensitive company data about their finances, customers, bank information, credit card processor information, and prospects etc into Freshbooks. If hackers get a password, they can easily access this valuable information because there is no two-factor authentication to stop them from getting in.

Does Freshbooks take customer security seriously? Apparently not. I emailed them about this dangerous lack of basic security features and as of December 2019 Freshbooks says there is no plan to add two factor authentication in the future.

Their answer as the same as it was when I wrote them in 2018 about this problem. Their answer was that they would pass this suggestion along to their programmers so they can give it future consideration.

Pros

Ease of use and straightforward, simple interface. Easy invoicing.

Cons

Freshbooks lacks all of these industry standard security features:

No Two-Factor Authentication at login.

No IP address blocking to prevent certain IP addresses from logging in my account.

No log/audit showing when I last logged in and out of the account.

No forced internet timeout/log out when the account has been left untouched for a while.
This is standard on other online accounting software and is used by most banks as a security feature.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey there, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks.

I certainly understand where you're coming from regarding features like two-factor authentication. While my colleague that you spoke with recently is correct that this isn't a feature we currently offer, I have flagged your feedback for our Product Team to review directly. This is a team we have a FreshBooks who reviews and gathers customer feedback for issues and concerns like what you've raised.

If there's any other feedback you wish to provide, please don't hesitate to reach our to our Support Team at 1-866-303-6061 Monday through Friday, 8am-8pm EST or [email protected]. ^DM

John
  • Industry: Design

Freshbooks is Great... But...

Reviewed on 2023/11/02

Overall I'm pleased with Freshbooks. There are some things I don't like about it (as indicated in the Cons question.

Pros

Freshbooks is easy to learn, use, and continue to utilize. It has a clean and easy-to-understand interface. Recurring invoices are sent each month on time. I never have any issues with funds transferring to my bank account.

Cons

I very much dislike the fact that there are so many additional options blocked behind secondary / tertiary paywalls. I feel that with the price I pay each year most/all of these features should be unlocked. An additional $20 or more per month to be able to automatically charge a saved credit/debit card is ridiculous.

Kimani
Kimani
  • Industry: Accounting

Like human fingerprints, Freshbooks is Unique

Reviewed on 2023/10/23

Freshbooks have proved to be dependable over the years. It's accuracy and efficiency remain unmatched

Pros

Using Freshbooks has been a game changer for me and my team. It's interface is friendly and easy to navigate saving us on setting up time and helping us keep everything neatly organized. Freshbook is a unique platform whose touch of excellence in accounting and expense management stood out for me in comparison to other tools in the market. I find it's performance and reliability top notch in functions like generation and invoices tracking which is complete. It's decency in tracking expenses is on its own level. I am also able to execute receipt approvals, billable hours and keep financial records which are the major accounting roles making it an ultimate accounting solution

Cons

To be honest I have not encountered a single thing I dislike about Freshbooks. As an accountant who have used lots of accounting softwares I can recommend freshbooks to anyone out there for efficient execution of his/her accounting needs

Robin
Robin

Accounting on rails

Reviewed on 2023/04/27

It just makes life simple. I just wanted to be able to find the easiest way possible to invoice clients in a professional way and manage the client accounts while minimising the work that I had to do or outsource.This solution really did tickle the boxes for me and saves me a lot of time from the manual system I was using previously.

Pros

It's really easy to get started. There has obviously been a lot of effort being put into making the initial process as easy as possible, from branding and colours on the invoicing, to integrating with payment processors et cetera.The daily process is also very easy to manage. It's a five minute job to set up a new client and send them an invoice straight from Freshbooks using existing products and services descriptions.The integrations save me a lot of time by allowing me to automate a lot of functions which would other boys have been done manually and would've required reminders et cetera. For these I used Zapier which connects really well, and I found the integration is to be very reliable over time.Even as a reasonably small user, the customer service was incredible. I don't just mean responses to questions from me, but proactive outreach from the support and sales team which I found to be really high quality.Clients also seemed to really respond well to the invoicing process, and found it easy to access and download the invoices, and payment via credit card was quite a popular option.I actually used the app for a number of different businesses and it was really useful to be able to switch between them in the same dashboard.

Cons

I had a certain amount of trouble with one client when I was trying to set up direct debit payments, and while I got really great support the process didn't seem that reliable in this particular case. This was the only occasion where I had any major difficulties though that weren't caused by myself for the client.

Invoicely

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

I was creating PDF invoices myself, sending out payment links by email, and entering all of the details into a spreadsheet all separately.This was very time-consuming and didn't look professional at all.

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

FreshBooks was recommended by a few colleagues, but mostly because the proactive support from the team, my experience on the evaluation seeing her professionally presented the business would be represented on the client side, and the availability of integrations.
jawad
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Freshbooks will start you off 80% off

Reviewed on 2023/11/21

Very good.. servers are connected properly no problems there

Very good.. servers are connected properly no problems there

Pros

I liked that they have a free trial and on top of that they starting you off with the first four months at 80% off

Cons

I mean it's your standard accounting software but I have OCD and wish it was flashier. It's user friendly but dull

Lauren
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great system

Reviewed on 2023/11/06

Pros

I love how easy it is to create an invoice, set up auto invoicing and auto payments.

Cons

When clients pay via credit card or ACH it takes nearly a week sometimes to receive the money through fresh books.

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

Easy to use and less expensive then some of the others at the time.
Julietta
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

One of the Successful platforms for reading and analyzing different topics.

Reviewed on 2024/01/20

Pros

Availability and easier to find and read the necessary books.

Cons

There are spheres that are not included.

ioanna
  • Industry: Entertainment

affordable and easy to use

Reviewed on 2024/01/21

Pros

the good mobile apps, the time tracking is very useful

Cons

The dashboard could be better and the added costs

Ryan

Barely passed high school math - and I'm now the bookkeeper

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

I love Freshbooks. We used Quickbooks up until I made the decision in January to say I was done stuggling with their program. We had tried the desk top and online versions and they both are so overwhelming with useless features that just get in the way of the simple bookkeeping and accounting needs that our particular business have.

I have been asked by other women in business, if I can help them with accounting as they start their business, and my first suggestion is that they immediately drop QB and move over to Freshbooks.

From our reports to filing quarterlies, reconciling and estimating - every thing about Freshbooks is better.

I have told my husband I would literally become a volunteer spokesperson for Freshbooks due to how much more enjoyable they have made running the backside of our business.

My ONLY regret is not doing this years ago. That's it. This product is life changing!

Pros

Pretty much everything.

The dashboard, estimating, reports, client organization, etc etc. This product is outstanding.

Cons

The type A personality in me would love to be able to close out the books monthly, but I'll take the trade off if it means my books stay balanced - which they always do in Freshbooks.

I also wish the mobile app was more of an interactive user app, vs being more of a quick snapshot of our business.

Fran

So much better than Quickbooks

Reviewed on 2022/07/07

I started with Freshbooks back in 2011, a colleague recommended I switch to Quickbooks, which I did. It only lasted a year before I went back to Freshbooks. Even though it was a pain to switch, it was worth it because when I have a problem with Freshbooks, I just send an email to [email protected] and they answer me the same day, usually. With Quickbooks, it was too hard to get support. It's not a double entry bookkeeping program, so if you need that, it's not for you. But for basic invoicing (including automatic recurring on any timeframe), time tracking, expense tracking, and reporting, it's perfect.

Pros

Easy to use, interface. Excellent customer support.

Cons

There is a chrome extension for tracking time, in addition to within the app. The chrome extension was recently updated and is now not working properly. When you type the project name in it doesn't auto search, you have to scroll them all of them (and I have a lot) to select it now. They will fix it, i'm sure.
Sometimes have trouble with expense syncing, and would like more features to make that faster and easier to categorize.

Harvest

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

Support was lacking, and too difficult to use.

Alicia

Fine if you are the only one in your business

Reviewed on 2022/09/10

It was rated well, so I expected better performance. Reconciling the small transactions I get from health insurance companies is very time consuming and it seems like there should be a better way to add those payments without having to manually enter each one when I have to reconcile.
Invoices default to "accrual" accounting which is a pain if you use cash-based accounting (which I do).
Overall, I have not been able to have accurate business numbers (profit/loss) for months because trying to figure out how to add payroll info has been so challenging.

Pros

I loved that I could upload clients I frequently invoice when I transitioned. Setting up my bank links was very simple and transactions were downloaded easily. You can set up rules for accounts and they will follow those. Invoices look good and are easy to create.

Cons

The software does not support accounting if you have employees and are paying any benefits. Trying to separate out the cost of what my employees contribute to health insurance, retirement, etc. vs what I contribute has been a nightmare. My bookkeeper and I both spent a lot of time with Freshbooks support trying to figure out how to do that. Turns out it is with a journal entry which is time consuming and makes no sense.

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

I switched to Freshbooks from Xero because Xero would not sync with my bank. This was very easy with Freshbooks. The link consistently works, even though my bank is a smaller one just in my region.

Xero

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

Reviews on Capterra were good at the time for Freshbooks. It was described as easy to use.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Alicia, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks.

I have ensured that your feedback about your accounting experience in FreshBooks has been passed along to our Product Team on your behalf.

If there is any other feedback you wish to share, or queries our team can assist with, the contact information for our Support Team can be found here: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact ^DM

Swati

Freshen up Your Finances with FreshBooks!

Reviewed on 2023/05/04

While FreshBooks is a useful accounting software for managing your business finances, its pricing may not be reasonable for some users. The starting cost of $15 per month is quite heavy, and additional features require extra payment. It's worth noting that the customer care service may not be satisfactory, as you may have long conversations with support staff without reaching a solution.

Pros

FreshBooks is a simple and user-friendly invoicing and accounting software that is especially useful for beginners. Whether you're running a small business or you're a freelancer with limited time to invest in managing your finances, FreshBooks is the solution you've been looking for. With a user-friendly interface and easy-to-use data uploading capabilities, FreshBooks has everything you need to simplify your financial management processes. One of the key features of FreshBooks is online invoicing, which makes it easy to generate invoices and even offers customizable templates for balance sheets. You can add your clients and billables, and the invoice will be sent directly to them via email. They can then pay you online, making it a hassle-free process. Plus, you can even use your camera to upload bills and keep track of your expenses.

Cons

FreshBook is an accounting software for managing the finace for your business but its pricing is somehow not resonable i guess it heavely charged starting from $15 and you also have to pay extra for additional features. i would like point put ts customer care which is not at stifactory they indulge in long conerstion and still you reach to the solutuon tyou are looking for.

Yvonne
  • Industry: Design

Great Invoicing Software for Designers

Reviewed on 2022/01/28

Freshbooks has a cleaner and more user friendly interface than any accounting software that I’ve used. My CPA complains that the back end is not as robust as Quickbooks, but other than that, it’s the best for creatives in my opinion

Pros

I love the ability to create proposals with pictures and a client signature line. Also, the app is pretty great.

Cons

I’d like to be able to add pictures through the app, but it’s never worked. The back end for taxes and reconciling found be better according to my cpa

Xero

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

I needed an easy to use app

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

Freshbooks allows for pictures to be attached to proposals which is vital to my biz.
Russell

Extraordinary item combined to the friendliest help in financial software

Reviewed on 2019/05/11

The most significant thing with this product is efficient. I adore everything about FreshBooks. It is a great application for specialists and little organizations. I have been utilizing it for as long as couple of years and rate it the best programming in the market. At whatever point I had issues, the help group helped me to determine them rapidly with successful arrangements.

Pros

Probably the main motivations we picked FreshBooks over other programming: *Incredibly smooth and simple to utilize interface *Ability to mark your own in hues just as include your logo *Each client can be doled out their own charging gateway login and you can have various customers under one organization however each have diverse username *Utilizes Braintree instalments (our essential vendor processor)
FreshBooks is quick and dependable suite for accounting.FreshBooks is an honour winning money and bookkeeping programming and a standout amongst the best cloud answers for entrepreneurs. It is the present holder of Finances Online's Best Accounting Software Award for 2016 just as the Supreme Software Award for 2016, and has the most noteworthy consumer loyalty rates of all comparative applications in this classification. As you will discover in this survey, there is a not insignificant rundown of reasons why our specialists considered FreshBooks for these esteemed affirmations.

Cons

*Reporting could be improved *Needs better compromise as far as parities. You can do day by day monetary records, yet I would prefer to have it ascertain how my business is getting along dependent on capital in our present record, at that point factor in what we earned and our costs. *Not useful for organizations that have stock, need stock administration (this I wouldn't really rate as a con nonetheless, on the grounds that Freshbooks was constructed and intended for SERVICE style organizations - for that it works incredible) *Reporting can't be opened in the portable application, you have to get to it through the program *To my insight, you can't maintain different organizations out of one record. We as of now have two organizations and are choosing on the off chance that we are going to open up a different Freshbooks account or if there is another choice that is more qualified for the second business.

Brad
  • Industry: Events Services

Accounting for dummies

Reviewed on 2020/06/19

Overall I cant fault the product and would definitely recommend it to any business owner. The only thing I wish was possible, is to pay in my local currency for budgeting purposes.

Pros

I started using Freshbooks when I was given the opportunity to start a company in the wedding industry. At the time I had no idea what I was doing when it came to bookkeeping but FreshBooks made it easy to manage. What I loved about the software was the journey I followed, from Quotation to final invoice. The ability to send the quote/invoice with a simple click streamlined my business process. I eventually had to hand over when I couldn't handle the load, and because of the intuitive software, it was an simple handover. When I needed a report, i didn't have to wait for it to come from my bookkeeper, I just jumped online and got what I needed quickly and easily. Oh the cherry on the cake was the app. I used to showcase at trade-shows so the app allowed me to draw up an invoice and email the client without leaving the booth, or needing my laptop.

Cons

The price point was a bit of a hard pill to swallow, especially in an economy where the $ is much stronger than my local currency. The fluxuating market made budgeting a nightmare, and when getting a start up off the ground, every cent counts. While I could work around that, the one thing I disliked was the fact that one could go back and edit invoices/quotes post creation. I have since learnt that this is a big no no, but at the time I was non the wiser. I unfortunately lost money due to this, as many cash sales invoices were edited, and the balance pocketed.

Gaurav
Gaurav

FreshBooks is a reliable and fast accounting suite for complex financial management

Reviewed on 2018/01/12

A complete makeover

A complete makeover

FreshBooks developers understand the struggle of small teams to handle complex accounting projects and deliver efficient results.

Just as easy as you know it to be

Back in the days, a team of developers decided to design an easy, intuitive, and non-accountant friendly finance management app, and promised their users that this approach will never change.

Mobile-friendly and accessible

FreshBooks is considerably good at following trends, and the best proof of it are the mobile platform add-ons for iOS and Android devices, allowing you to access data and do accounting regardless of your location.

Saves billing time like no other app

FreshBooks redesigned its time tracking for billing purposes by allowing companies to accept payment online, and to do so via various payment gateways.

Excellent invoice to payment features

FreshBooks offers top rate invoice to payment features that can be used by all small businesses. For instance, you can track exactly when your customer opened your invoice email.

Tracking expenses with handy snaps

This feature comes handy if you need to liquidate expenses after a client meeting: you simply click a picture of the receipt and attach the snap to an item in FreshBooks to log the expense.

racking working times even better than before

The new version of the app allows you to becertain of the accuracy of your charges, and lets you have proof if a client decides to dispute them. You can even use the iOS and Android apps to track your working time in the field. Plus, it is easy to convert your work timesheet into an invoice and send it to clients for payments.

A bright future

As good as the new FreshBooks version may look now, it has only begun to develop. The company promises many advanced features in the near future, including bank accounts reconciliation, non-invoice income recording, and billing adjusted to enterprise-grade users. The innovative spirit is planned to spread on to reporting as well, and transform the scope of available integrations to help companies get paid for their efforts, time, and expertise. At the same time, FreshBooks Classic (as the old version is currently known) will remain active, but will constantly be absorbed within the new one's comprehensive productive suite.

Pros

businesses get to manage invoices and recurring subscriptions in less than no time, and collect online payments within the same system. In fact, FreshBooks enables Google Checkout, PayPal, and credit card payments, and integrates with a long list of business systems and applications that can streamline this process. With it, odds are good that you will unite financial control in a single system, and stop paying for the maintenance of complex software infrastructure.

A considerable advantage of FreshBooks compared to other accounting apps is the availability of fully-functional mobile apps and add-ons you can get for Android and iOS devices. The apps allow you to bring the power and convenience of the software on location, and do accounting and access records whenever you wish to do so. As you can see, FreshBooks literally takes finances out of the office, but does so in a safe and seamless fashion.

Cons

Despite a wide range of excellent features users have pointed out a few minor things that can be improved in FreshBooks: its metrics, goal setting, and reporting features can be better. One user also found bugs in FreshBooks email click-throughs and automated expenses which did not function to his liking. Apart from these insignificant glitches, hoever, there is no doubt that FreshBooks is a top notch accounting product that can bring a lot to your accounting deparatament.

Idris
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

My Honest Reviews About Freshbook

Reviewed on 2023/02/14

Pros

the most notable or noteworthy aspects of Freshbooks, there are several that are worth mentioning:Invoicing: Freshbooks offers a robust invoicing system that makes it easy to create and send professional-looking invoices to your clients. You can customize your invoices with your branding, accept online payments, and set up automatic payment reminders.Time tracking: Freshbooks includes a built-in time tracking system that allows you to track time spent on projects or tasks. You can also set up project budgets and track your team's hours to ensure you're staying within budget.Expense tracking: Freshbooks makes it easy to track expenses by allowing you to upload receipts, import expenses from your bank or credit card, and categorize expenses by project or client. You can also set up recurring expenses and mark expenses as billable to clients.Reporting: Freshbooks offers a variety of customizable reports that provide insights into your business's financial health. You can track revenue, expenses, and profit margins, as well as monitor cash flow, outstanding balances, and other key financial metrics.Mobile app: Freshbooks offers a mobile app that allows you to manage your business on the go. You can create and send invoices, track time and expenses, and view your financial reports from your smartphone or tablet.Overall, Freshbooks is a comprehensive cloud accounting solution that provides a wide range of features designed to help small business

Cons

While Freshbooks is a robust cloud accounting solution that offers a wide range of features, there are a few potential drawbacks to consider:Limited inventory management: Freshbooks does not offer a built-in inventory management system, which may be a drawback for businesses that sell physical products.Limited customization: While Freshbooks offers a good amount of customization options for invoices and reports, some users may find that the level of customization is limited compared to other accounting software options.Limited integrations: Freshbooks does offer a number of integrations with third-party apps and services, but the selection is not as extensive as some other accounting software options.Limited international support: Freshbooks is primarily designed for businesses based in the United States, Canada, and the UK, so businesses based in other countries may not find the same level of support and functionality.Pricing: Freshbooks can be relatively expensive compared to other accounting software options, especially for businesses that need to add additional users or access more advanced features.Overall, while Freshbooks is a solid cloud accounting solution, it may not be the best fit for all businesses, especially those with more complex needs or those based outside the US, Canada, or the UK.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

"Freshbooks: The Ultimate Accounting Solution for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 2023/03/22

based on the analysis of customer feedback, Freshbooks is generally well-regarded for its user-friendly interface, time-saving features, and excellent customer support. Some users have reported limitations with reporting and integration options, and others have found the price to be higher compared to other accounting software. Overall, Freshbooks appears to be a solid choice for small businesses looking for an easy-to-use accounting solution.

Pros

User-friendly interface: Freshbooks offers a simple and intuitive interface that makes it easy to navigate and use, even for those with limited accounting experience.Time-saving features: Freshbooks offers several time-saving features such as automatic invoicing, expense tracking, and integration with popular payment gateways that can help streamline your accounting tasks.Customizable invoices: Freshbooks allows users to create fully customizable and professional-looking invoices that can be branded with your company logo and colors.Mobile accessibility: Freshbooks can be accessed from any device with an internet connection, making it easy to manage your finances on the go.Customer support: Freshbooks offers excellent customer support, with a dedicated team available to answer any questions or resolve issues promptly.User-friendly interface: Freshbooks offers a simple and intuitive interface that makes it easy to navigate and use, even for those with limited accounting experience.Time-saving features: Freshbooks offers several time-saving features such as automatic invoicing, expense tracking, and integration with popular payment gateways that can help streamline your accounting tasks.Customizable invoices: Freshbooks allows users to create fully customizable and professional-looking invoices that can be branded with your company logo and colors.Mobile accessibility: Freshbooks can be accessed from any device with an internet connection, making it easy to

Cons

Limited reporting: Some users have reported that Freshbooks' reporting functionality is limited compared to other accounting software, making it difficult to generate detailed financial reports.Price: Freshbooks can be more expensive compared to other accounting software on the market, particularly for businesses with larger accounting needs.Integration limitations: Some users have reported that Freshbooks' integration options are limited, particularly when it comes to syncing with other accounting software or e-commerce platforms.No inventory management: Freshbooks doesn't offer inventory management features, which may be a disadvantage for businesses that need to track inventory.Lack of customization: Some users have reported that Freshbooks' templates and design options are limited, which may make it difficult to fully customize invoices and other financial documents to match their branding.

Rajitha Priyankara
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Why Freshbooks for your business

Reviewed on 2023/04/21

A cloud-based accounting program called FreshBooks is made to assist small businesses in managing their financial activities. A variety of services are available, including financial reporting, project management, time tracking, cost monitoring, and invoicing.Businesses can simply create and send invoices that look professional, receive online payments, keep track of costs, and produce financial reports using FreshBooks. It also offers tools for managing tasks and projects, enabling teams to work together on projects and keep track of how much time they spend on certain tasks.FreshBooks is a well-liked option among small business owners and freelancers who require a hassle-free method of managing their money because of its user-friendly layout and straightforward setup. It provides customer assistance via phone, email, and live chat and offers a number of pricing plans to fit various corporate demands and budgets.

Pros

FreshBooks is renowned for its user-friendly layout and straightforward setup. With FreshBooks, even if you have little to no expertise with accounting software, you can get going right away.FreshBooks has a number of time-saving features that can speed up payment and reduce manual data entry, like automatic invoicing and online payment acceptance.FreshBooks offers a variety of financial reports, including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and tax summaries, that can give you information about the financial status of your company and assist you in making informed choices.FreshBooks comes with project management tools that let you work with your team, monitor the status of your projects, and charge clients for the time you spend working on them.Utilizing the FreshBooks mobile app, you can issue invoices, keep track of costs, and manage your money while on the road.Integration with other products: You can easily automate processes and optimize your workflow with FreshBooks thanks to its integrations with other widely used business platforms like PayPal, Stripe, and G Suite.

Cons

FreshBooks features a straightforward user interface, which could be problematic for companies with sophisticated accounting requirements. The program includes few choices for customization, which could not be sufficient for companies who need more adaptability.Pricing: For companies with larger teams, FreshBooks pricing can be quite pricey. Project management is one of the more sophisticated capabilities that is only offered with higher-tier plans.Limited inventory management: FreshBooks does not include extensive inventory management options, which could be a drawback for companies that need more thorough inventory tracking.FreshBooks has fewer integrations than other accounting software solutions, while integrating with well-known tools like PayPal and G Suite.Because FreshBooks is a cloud-based software program, accessing it necessitates having an internet connection. Businesses that operate in places with spotty internet connectivity may find this to be a drawback.

Zedekiah
Zedekiah

What really sets freshbooks apart

Reviewed on 2023/11/09

Freshbooks is for the wins. Given that accounting can be such an overwhelming task, Freshbooks simplicity becomes a real life hack. It has been way to use to enter expenses and collect payment. It's intuitive to use and has a user-friendly mobile app that allows me enter data and have and overview of all the businesses financial aspects at my own comfort without having to go to the office

Pros

Freshbooks is an accounting software that's is well suited for our needs. It's is of use real set it apart with a dashboard that gives me an overview of outstanding revenue and profits of my business because is simply laid out in an easy to understand way that leave no space for confusion even to us who haven't done accounting before. Freshbooks includes soo many capabilities that makes a great accounting and invoicing solution. The double entry accounting reports feature helps us navigate through payments and expenses. It also allows me to easily create and out an invoice together and accept payments through credit or debit cards. Tax filing is a breeze since I can get a snapshot of the entire revenues which make a it easy for reporting of the income. In the report tabs, I can access the accounting reports from which Iam able to understand the business financial health that is soo critical in daily management .

Cons

Freshbooks ticks all the boxes for my business accounting needs

Randal
Randal
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

"New" Freshbooks has completely make this formerly amazing service...unusable & frustrating

Reviewed on 2021/10/28

Loved them for more than a decade, until the "New" version completely left us wondering what went wrong. Their support has been great, helping us to move to another platform, but again, the "New" version is making that transition even harder, although we haven't tried to export from "Classic", so I could be wrong.

Pros

The previous "Classic" edition was so easy to use, powerful in its simplicity and quick.

The only thing I can say about the "New" version is that it is pretty.

Cons

The "New" version might be pretty, but it has become pretty awful to use.

The platform is now so slow, we often wonder if we clicked on something...so we wait (e.g. create an invoice).

Navigation used to be simple, but that is no longer the case. It takes many more clicks to find the information I need. I've been using now for about 2 months, so I know where to go, but it takes so much longer now.

Invoicing & applying payment now prone to mistakes. The Credit card option will be ON/OFF for all subsequent invoices, so it's hard to make an exception (e.g. hardware) for one invoice. We have to constantly check a few options for every invoice, making the whole process much longer.

Billing for time is somewhat better. It now shows ONLY the clients that have unmilled time, but once you create an invoice, the client will stay in the list for a good 15 minutes, making this feature cool, but useless.

All in all, being moved to "New" has been an absolute nightmare and has caused us to completely lose faith in this company, which I have been using since its inception.

We are sad to say, the problems by far outweighs the pretty interface, and we find ourselves forced to use something functional.

QuickBooks Desktop for Mac

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

At the time, I liked the Cloud version.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Randal, thank you for taking the time to share your review and raise these concerns.

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced some issues when using FreshBooks - I have passed this feedback along to our team on your behalf. Feedback from customers like yourself is absolutely valuable for the changes and updates that are made to FreshBooks. You can keep up to date with all the changes and updates our team is making here: https://support.freshbooks.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054235012-Changes-Updates-in-2021.

If there are any questions or concerns our Support Team can assist with, our contact information can be found here: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact. ^DM

Jacob

False Advertising and Lack of Support

Reviewed on 2022/06/24

My overall experience with FreshBooks has been like watching a masterclass on how not to run a business and how not to treat customers. I regret that I didn't leave years ago when the company tanked to what it is now. I wish FreshBooks could/would solve the technical issues with their product but since they don't even try, I am evaluating other options for software.

Pros

When I started using FreshBooks in 2014 it was really great software - the price was amazing, the features worked as advertised, and the support was better than anything I had ever experienced before. But that changed many years ago and has been a steady and rapid decline in every way.

Cons

This software doesn't work as advertised. I have had an open ticket with support since March and though they acknowledge that this is a known issue attached to my support ticket, there has been ZERO progress made on the ticket, they don't communicate any updates, they don't offer apologies or refunds, they just expect me to pay for their software while they do absolutely nothing to solve a known problem to a highly advertised feature of the product that remains nonfunctioning for going on 5 months.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Jacob, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks.

I am sorry to hear you've been experiencing this issue in your FreshBooks account, and the impact this has had on your use of the software.

Our Support Team is here to assist however we are able to. If you still have a ticket with one of my colleagues on the Support Team, you can follow up with them regarding any inquiry about your account or billing. Alternatively, you can give us a call - our numbers are listed here: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact. ^DM

Julio
Julio
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Freshbooks is your partner in general accounting

Reviewed on 2023/02/14

We use FreshBooks for all expense tracking, client invoicing and project time tracking. I use it personally and each of my contractors/service providers also have accounts. My contractor also invoices me directly through FreshBooks. We can also coordinate with our accountants to export the information you need. If accounting is not your thing, but you need a good basic accounting software for your small to medium sized business. We often recommend FreshBooks to other businesses just starting out. The user interface is very easy to learn and use. It can be used simply as an invoicing tool or in a more advanced way for detailed accounting.

Pros

My clients can make online payments directly from the invoice. FreshBooks asks my clients to leave a review of my service when they pay. Invoices with my company branding are sent directly from FreshBooks to my clients. The scheduling feature is great for clients who pay me by the hour. Within minutes, I can make a time sheet per project and task at the end of each month in the required Excel format. I can also track my work against my time estimates, which is helpful if I work on a flat fee basis.

Cons

The Freshbooks account home page has a nice graphical display of expenses and income, but only shows the last 6 months. This is still very useful, but I would like to be able to see graphs like this for different time periods. Freshbooks does not remember categories that have previously assigned similar rates. It would be nice if Freshbooks would suggest a category for saved vendors to ensure consistency in expense reports. I can print my company logo on the invoice, but I would like to change the color of the invoice to match my other business documents. It's not a big deal at all, but it's something I'd like to see.