Verizon Connect Work Reviews

Verizon Connect Work

Field service management software for SMBs

2.7/5 (138 reviews)
Joanna D.

Unkept Promises

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

It's a scheduling software that started on an internet base and tried to go to mobile and has failed in my opinion. They will roped us in with promises that they didn't keep. This is why we decided to leave.

Pros

I loved how easy it was to navigate and filter to find the invoice/ticket/customer that I needed really fast. I loved how I could keep whatever information I needed with customized info boxes. Dispatching out to Employees was easy and the old App for the Techs out in the field could do many things. IT worked great on the desktop end.

Cons

When we 1st signed on we were promised that the program would keep track of our inventory. We are a HVAC business and we have a lot of parts to keep track of. It wasn't working great when we started and the old app was ok with it. Then they Upgraded and had a new App and they completely trashed the inventory program and didn't tell us.
Since we are located with lots of country and rural areas we were told that the app can work offline and update the main programs once it got back in data range. This has never worked properly and my Techs were calling me to update their tickets because the app wasn't working.
The New App upgrade came everything went downhill. Techs could no longer create their own jobs (and we have Techs for on-call weekends) Techs could no longer show discounts to the customers on the invoice. The app still didn't work out in rural areas. It doesn't not work very well on the Mobile end.
Everytime I had Customer service on the line they tried their best, but since everything that we as a company needed they couldn't provide we didn't want to stay with them.

Larry A.

BEWARE of the Details Before you buy - Does not Interface with Quickbooks Well

Reviewed on 2019/01/30
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Right now we are paying for the monthly as when you sign up they say " there is no stopping the payment". However, you can't see where it is going to really work, or not, until it starts getting implemented. We were "gun ho" when we started as it was "completely customizable". We test drove a system last year and ditched it because the invoice could be sent to the technicians email for data mining. They promised to make sure it didn't happen with this one and sure enough the day we started none of the pricing showed up for parts and the email feature was enabled. That means they wasted our time in the multiple data gathering sessions to set it up. WE HAVE ASKED FOR A CANCELLATION BUT WERE TOLD THEY DO NOT DO THIS AND THAT WE WOULD HAVE TO PAY THE WHOLE YEAR.

Pros

Great for the Field guys as they like the photos and dispatch features. The details get out to them faster and they can start from home to the first calls for the day. Turn by turn directions are great if all your site locations are set up.

Cons

The interface with Quickbooks is one way with parts. Changes in prices in Quickbooks have to be hand entered in both systems. We were told we would not want to use the Quickbooks after using there software. That is code words for "It doesn't work well" with Quickbooks. The time to generate an invoice is twice as long for the invoicer. The time from the techs has to be hand transferred to the invoice. There is no automatic calc from field to invoice because "they don't want to be responsible" for the techs pushing the wrong start/stop times. The time savings given in the sales pitch is diminished by the lost productivity in maintaining pricing and transferring times. Also the techs can alter the time they actually start and stop so forget using it to prove in any court when they actually arrived. For those of us managing technicians there is just as much chance for time abuse using this system. In the day of SQL database interfaces they are missing the boat in a fully integrated system. Every answer to our objections was to have us place a comment on a link button for the "developers" somewhere in the UK to "consider".

3.0/10
Jamie D.

Product has limited capability and the customer service is some of the worst I've ever dealt with.

Reviewed on 2017/11/17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Would not recommend this company as a work platform. From the limitations of their platform to the extent of their billing issues to the poor customer service, this is a poor provider all around.

Pros

Dispatch board is a decent portal for scheduling. Beyond this there has been very little positive with this program that I would recommend.

Cons

Used the system for 2 years. In that time, they have multiple programming issues. Including an error that took recurring jobs which were scheduled for 2 days and booked hundreds of calls for the same recurring issue months out. Resulting in thousands of calls on our schedule that needed to be removed once at a time. Took days to delete and further spent days helping their tech department to resolve the issue. Their programmer found an error in their system and did correct it but sorry about our luck for the cost and time to repair. Reimbursed us for a months service as thats all they could do. We have had numerous billing errors over the past two years and getting any resolution from them takes a minimum of 6 calls in my experience. Nobody is capable of making any decision regarding assisting a customer. We notified them that we were cancelling the contract with 90 days notice (60 required) and got confirmation of this. 2 weeks later I inquired as to the cancellation and was told nothing was in the system. Cancelled again following their process. Found out again that this hadn't been done. Wanted to lock me into another year of payment.

Anna D.

Cheap program, but you get what you pay for.

Reviewed on 2017/11/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The program is fairly straight forward, and easy to use. Booking calls is easy, once you have the clients already in the system.

Cons

Being very simple, it can be kinda clunky. It is hard to look up the history of a client, when you are already in the middle of booking a call. You have to exit the scheduler, and open up each call to see what was performed on each visit. It can be very cumbersome, when you are on the phone with a client and just trying to figure out how to proceed. We find the program fairly slow to load clients and work history, and there isn't an easy way to combine duplicates in clients or calls.
When we notified Verizon WORK that we were cancelling our services and moving to another company that had a more full billing program, they started nickle and diming us. It was like they were trying to screw us for any extra money they could get out of us.

2.0/10
Nick F.

Verizon WORK Review

Reviewed on 2016/11/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

For the past month and a half I've been working with learning the Verizon WORK software as well as Verizon REVEAL. This software is definitely ideal for those starting a business and would like to keep track of their fieldworkers. Although i do feel that this software is not for every industry.

I'm in my mid 20's and can confidently say that I'm technologically inclined and learned this with a fast paced manner. This software can be easily learned by younger generations but I'm finding it very difficult teaching our older office administrators how to use this management system. This goes as well with the mobile app.

Pros

Has quick respond time on uploading and saving. There are multiple ways to do one specific task, so there's not just one way to navigate through the software. You can set specific restrictions on certain fieldworkers/ admin controlling their ability what to see on a specific job dispatched to them. The implementation team is very patient and will schedule as many training sessions as needed to learn the functionality of the software.

Cons

Customer support is not great. Takes long to respond back. Needs time to learn how to use for older people. The implementation data process can be tedious and is not accurate even when put in the requested form they ask. I suggest correcting any mistakes yourself through the program after all data has been imported

Joanne S.

Verizon WORK

Reviewed on 2016/03/31
Review Source

Stahlman-England, INC began using Verizon WORK in January 2015. The overall program was easy to implement and the Customer Support was beyond expectations! This program was less expensive than all other Service Programs and accomplished a lot more with regard to “real-time”, invoicing, reports, quotes, and customer follow-up. This Program has enhanced our business and the endless features Verizon WORK offers, is still being discovered and incorporated into our business plan

EXCELLENT FOR CONSOLIDATED CLIENT INFORMATION, SERVICE APPOINTMENTS & SCHEDULING, INVOICING, PROFITABILITY, AND DETAILED REPORTS!

Pros

• Verizon WORK gives me, as Director of Corporate Operations, essential detailed productivity reports within seconds.

• Instead of needing 2 to 3 different software programs, Verizon WORK alone produces these reports.

• With a click, I have reports of total revenue including breakdown of labor, parts, travel time and actual job duration.

• Our technicians are able to sell more by doing quotes instantly. This exciting, real-time “Quotes” feature allows our office to email these figures within an hour, thereby closing more sales than ever before.

• Verizon WORK has allowed us to streamline and fast-track our paperwork; one-hour tasks are now done in minutes. Verizon WORK enabled our transition from piles of paperwork to next-generation technology.

Cons

PRODUCT ENHANCEMENT of certain issues. Example, more than one email address, speed of program when changing on the dashboard.

Nicholas H.

Software works, but no support from the developers.

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

recurring workorders and invoicing

Pros

Recurring workorders, easy to invoice, easy to assign new jobs to fieldworkers. Mobile and desktop access.

Cons

ZERO support from developers. Sales will tell you once thing, it doesn't happen and you get zero response from any feedback/enhancements you submit.

The biggest problem we find is that you have to upload photos one by one, you should be able to check all the ones that apply and do one upload. And when viewing those photos and attaching to invoices, you have to download and review one by one, when you should be able to toggle through the photos quickly like you would with any other software or program. We have been asking for this upgrade since the day we signed up and the developers do not care or respond.

If they would fix the photo issue, I would give 5 stars across the board. But because they refuse, we have to use DROPBOX as well as this software to effectively manage photos. 2 different programs when 1 should be all that's required.

Whitey R.

Meets our Needs

Reviewed on 2018/08/30
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Seamless tracking of precise fleet locations. Took all the stress out of monthly mileage reporting to ODOT -- set it up for reports to be automatically emailed to me at month-end.

Cons

The report center does not seem as user-friendly as it could be. The filter options can be a little confusing and it can be hard to find the report you're looking for (distance traveled is what you need for monthly mileage by truck). Customer service was extremely lacking -- it took months to get a response after the initial buy-in. At the time, we felt like no one cared after we signed the contract -- however, we now feel that we were likely just part of the flooded market and got lost in the shuffle during the ELD mandate -- the market was flooded at once with people desperate to stay compliant. We have not had any issues after all was setup, so we have not had a reason to contact them again.

Robin H.

Don't Buy This Product

Reviewed on 2016/12/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The sales pitch "demo" is really great. I was promised this product would do everything I needed it to do and more. It is on the more expensive end of fleet/service software but I figured if it did literally everything we needed it to do, it was worth the money for the time it would save us. I was very hesitant to sign a year contract up front and shouldn't have.

The first red flag was that it took literally 3 months to get my data (and then not even all of it) transferred from our old system to the new one. Apparently the implementation team is very busy. But they kept charging me, despite the fact I couldn't use the software because my data wasn't in it.

Things went downhill from there. The last piece of bad news from Verizon WORK is that I attempted to cancel the automatic contract renewal via phone, and was told it was canceled via phone, and of course it wasn't. After sending a detailed email CCing my attorney, they did let me out of the renewal contract, but didn't refund me that month's payment (including the a hefty "renewal" fee).

Pros

It's online.
The IT department is very polite.

Cons

Just a few:

Sales guy said I could run reports for commission pay for my employees. I cannot. I had to buy another software to do that.

I was told I could import all of the data from my previous application. I cannot. I’m stuck having to use both applications because a lot of the data that was imported was jumbled and things like pricing on jobs is missing.

I was told this application synced seamlessly with Quickbooks. It doesn’t. DO NOT sync it with QB if you charge sales tax. I’ve had to manually delete all of the invoice data in Quickbooks costing me hundreds of dollars.

Verizon WORK is very frustrating to use. The implementation team had to give me several work-arounds to make it work for my business. One of them requires us to make multiple “jobs” for every actual job which creates a logistical nightmare and it takes a lot of extra admin work. This is because you cannot invoice with the taskworker, only with the fleetworker.

The phone app is not intuitive. For instance, you have to not only hit “save” but also “update” to save anything on an estimate and you can only update one thing at a time. If you try to change the description and then add an item without saving and updating first, when you go back to the estimate the description is gone. Then, after you hit “update” it kicks you out of that estimate and you have to sort and re-find the estimate to add information. This is something that yes, I can work around. But it’s very frustrating and takes so much longer. The phone app also crashes a lot. Often enough I started saving everything I do in notes and then copy and pasting them to the app hoping they’d be there when I get back to my computer.

I cannot use the new version of Verizon WORK at all, because if I open a job there’s no scroll bar. Also, the system automatically changes the time of the job to 5 hours later in the day. I repeatedly asked for a fix for this to no avail.

Becky G.

Definitely has some glitches

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Specifically, Verizon One Talk has acceptable features, but something is wrong when I can't hear the client's voice.

Pros

Allows work phone number to ring to cell phone, can turn on/off do not disturb when not at 'work'... both personal cell and work phone ring on cell phone, with different ringtones. Great work from home feature, accessing phone from anywhere the cell phone goes. Business expense can qualify entire phone bill to be written off on taxes.

Cons

Customers complain that the sound is low and they cannot hear me. Also the phone 'blinks out' after a few minutes of conversation. Phone call is still connected, but I cannot hear the client speaking , and they can still hear me. I have to put phone on speaker, then back to handset in order to reconnect with client, faking a cell reception glitch, .... very interrupting and disconnecting professionally. Uninstalling and re installing does not fix the problem. Often I have to just use my direct cell as back up.

3.0/10
Jake G.

Extremely unfortunate

Reviewed on 2016/08/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Mobile dispatching and in office changes to on-site technicians.

Cons

I was really excited to switch over to Verizon WORK. We use Verizon REVEAL for our fleet tracking and have loved the service so when the salesman talked to me about their work program it seemed like a great fit. Unfortunately this ended up being a horrible experience. It took them months to do the customer integration then when we got the program they somehow uploaded all active and in-active- inventory, items, services, customers. They sent me to a guy who tried to fix it but I ended up having an office person spend 2 weeks cleaning it up. We got it all squared away started scheduling work and dispatching technicians the first month we completed around 450 jobs. When we went to bill them the integrator into QB wouldn't work so we called the tech line multiple times and they tried to fix it the tech couldn't get it to work so he told us just to do the invoices manually. I had an office person go through all the job cards and create and re-write 450 invoices. The next month after it not working and spending a bunch of time on the phone with techs we finally got it to send the invoices to QB. Then I noticed it actually created all new line items but with the same name so when I pull a p/l report everything from Verizon WORK is now uncategorized income and it wont even let me fix it without deleting the invoice and creating a new one. So now I can see the income between the different crews. I could go on and on the bottom line is my interaction has not been pleasant. I called to cancel and they called me back and left a message saying they have denied my cancellation request.

Mark N.

Verizon Connect review request

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

Pros

Ability to track my equipment. We have GPS units in our motor graders, trucks and mowers. These are the vehicles that are involved in road maintenance and snow removal and are subject to complaints from drivers and roadside landowners.

We settled a lawsuit because we could not prove where our equipment was during the period preceeding a motor cycle accident. We can now account for where our equipment is at any time it is operating when a liability complaint is lodged against our department.

Cons

The map display sometimes doesn't show the names of our roads unless we zoom in closely. This has improved since we have started, but on our local road system, the name of the road still does not appear until we zoom in close. This is an annoyance, but not something we would consider switching products because of it.

David M.

WARNING Such a bad company

Reviewed on 2017/12/04

DO NOT BUY, you will regret it

Cons

there is zero customer service, they are never available and unfortunately, they are needed far too often.

The glitches are extremely bad and due to a software "error" on the invoice side, i have lost thousands of pounds. when making a complaint i managed to finally get to a director who promised me he would look into it and almost a week later he said, "the system doesn't work the way you want it to" and fobbed me off with no help, i threatened to sue them and he practically said bring it on. this company is by far the worst experience I have ever, ever had the displeasure to have been suckered into. after making the complaint i find myself locked out of the account and no one available to sort the issue. I can guarantee that they have yet again messed up the payments (which happens so frequently) they didn’t charge me for 6 months, and then called up and threatened to cut me off when they are the ones responsible for taking payments.

Whatever you do find another company, this one will sell the software as the best thing ever, sign you up to a contract and once you've signed it tell you its for 3 years and there is no way of getting out of it.

I could mention so many more things that are wrong about this company, but if you still buy it after reading this, good luck to you, you will need it.

Markus M.

No flexibility with one year contract

Reviewed on 2018/02/13
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The biggest down side is they make you sign up for a minimum of 12 months which I believe shows a lack of confidence in the product. Lets face it if the product was good people would continue to use it. Beware when your contract runs out you cannot access any of the information including any outstanding jobs that need to be invoiced.

Pros

Basic scheduling, quoting and invoicing, however does not have the project management capability for construction work. Unable to raise variation orders or progress payments.

Cons

Software is very clunky and can be quite frustrating to use. Not being able to access the admin portal from a mobile device is also another down side because you cannot add or edit jobs while you are on the run.

John S.

Working Harder Not Smarter

Reviewed on 2015/10/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like the fact that it’s a cloud based, it’s very live and any changes and interaction that happens is instantaneous and received by all parties that are using it. It can become a little communal office note pad for particular jobs. It’s got a lot of customization levels and the reporting system is really good. The fact that it is mobile friendly for the field workers is really cool. There are very rarely any duplicate jobs now. If there are any discrepancies, we now have data and history. If something gets entered into the system we can see very clearly it is in the system; there’s accountability.

And the most pivotal thing was getting that cash flow – that rhythm and that procedure back.

Cons

The app itself for the fieldworkers is great, it’s really good but the lack of having an admin app is painful and then it does tether you to your office. In a situation where you don’t have that space to sit down and pull out your laptop then you’re kind of stuck.

Rachael G.

We largely use the software for dispatching and field management.

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

Simplification, the ease of seeing job laid out.

Pros

I like the ease of use. The drag and drop tool to rearrange service calls is handy. It just makes it far easier to get an idea of what our schedule looks like.

Cons

The integration with Quickbooks is not well done, and we had to stop using that feature. If we went back into a job ticket in Verizon Work, after it had been sent to Quickbooks, it would revert back in Quickbooks to reflect the job ticket. So we would losing any pricing or grammatic corrections that we had made.

William W.

Verizon WORK helps reduce costs and increase revenue

Reviewed on 2017/02/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We have utilized Verizon WORK in a number of ways - first is to minimize drive times for our technicians by 'grouping' calls and determining which technician is closest to a customer site. This is very critical when emergency calls occur during the normal day.
It also helps reduce fuel costs as we can monitor the speed in which the various vehicles are traveling and take corrective action on inefficient fuel use.

Elizabeth R.

User friendly equipment managment software

Reviewed on 2018/05/22
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This is an extremely easy to use platform that allows management to track each piece of our fleet and our heavy equipment.

Cons

The reports are not capable of the level of customization that I would like which means at times there is the need to dig through a lot of information to find what is needed.

Jeff S.

Yes it works

Reviewed on 2017/09/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Need to be updated for growing companies

Pros

Yes it works covers all the basics any start company would need ,
service help works general quite quickly

Cons

Limited in its expanding ability for a growing company
You get the standard features no options for setting repeat contracts in a decent system

Melissa W.

Good field service software

Reviewed on 2016/06/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The ability to dispatch jobs to our employees and for them to be able to make notes about their jobs. The ability to keep timecards for our employees...big plus!!

Cons

No notifications for jobs that need invoiced. We have let billing for jobs fall through the cracks because there is nothing on the software indicating that something needs invoiced. We don't invoice through the software so I had to make up a status icon so that I can tell if we invoiced or not. This has helped a lot but it would be nice to have a notification page or dashboard showing jobs that are completed but still needs invoiced. Also it would be nice for helpers to clock in themselves without having to pay for another user.

7.0/10
Britania P.

Inefficient

Reviewed on 2017/04/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like that I am able to dispatch my technicians. I like that they receive a text message that I can customize. I like that there is a map view.

Cons

My techs all speak Spanish and the system had too many "windows". I would be best if the information was provided all on the screen that was pulled up. Instead, I had to teach them what each thing meant and many times, it still was hard for them to find it. The photos take too long to upload. Instead of saving us time, it took us longer, so many techs wouldn't use the feature which defeated the purpose of why we got it. Too expensive for only 5 users.

John H.

Fleetmatics

Reviewed on 2018/04/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Great Program. You can customize it to cover a lot of tracking and geo coding. Also help with maintenance reminders.

Cons

Nothing really bad about it. Has Mobile App, reminders, and tracking. Really accurate. Installation was quick and easy.

Michael M.

I find Verizon WORK very user friendly and intuitive

Reviewed on 2015/11/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We have many customers and multiple work sites and at random a customer will call requesting either a job completion date/time record or a report for work we have done. With Verizon WORK I am able to log in and pull information for the customer irrespective of when the job was. We also have sub-contractors who work for us and Verizon WORK allows me to enter them into the system and dispatch jobs to them too.

Cons

Currently with Verizon WORK you can see how many jobs you have each day in the month scheduler but I would like to have a drag and drop option on the monthly schedule viewer similar to outlook where you can also see a brief description of the job i.e time, location etc.

Liz A.

I like the fact that it’s made running our business more efficient.

Reviewed on 2015/12/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like the fact that it’s made business easier. Verizon WORK provides us with real time visibility of all our jobs. I know what’s going on at any given moment and if customers call needing to know the arrival time of one of our field workers, I can log into Verizon WORK and see what stage they are at from their previous job and provide them with an approximate arrival time. Verizon WORK allows us to bill customers for exact hours worked and we can record notes on the job which can be used to email through to clients at the time of invoice.

Cons

We have a very different business to a lot of people. We have a many little pieces of inventory to track and a numerous job sites. I don’t think there is any bad things, just niggles as there is with everything.

Michelle T.

the system has a lot of flaws

Reviewed on 2018/01/30

Pros

I like the concept and idea of the system but not the use of the system. it is confusing and hard to understand

Cons

the customer service does not have alot of answers when you call. then the answers are vague and not helpful