WordStream Advisor

Online Advertising Software for SMBs

Justin A.

Wordstream - Paid Ad Software Done Right

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

Overall, our experience working with Wordstream has been very positive. The platform itself is very very good, and the team that supports your use of the software and overall advertising goals is really best in class.

Pros

The thing I like the most about Wordstream is two-fold. First, their customer service and support are topnotch. Additionally, the Workbench inside of the software itself makes it super easy to review and work on multiple campaigns across different channels all from one space. Ultra convenient, and ultra effective.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is that it forces customers to manually sync up any changes to ad accounts to make them live. A way to auto-update at certain intervals or add an option to select whether or not this occurs would be helpful. For example, let's say you spend a bunch of time working on campaign optimization tasks in Wordstream, and then forgot to hit the push to live button, then you could potentially miss out on the benefits those optimizations could provide because you forgot to sync platforms. Now, it's a pretty easy fix to make sure this function is part of the overall account management workflow, but still worth mentioning.

Adam B.

Glad I Invested In This Tool

Reviewed on 2017/10/16

Pros

As a one-person marketing agency, I always envisioned harnessing a software that allowed me to get into the weeds of my client's adwords accounts easily, keep me updated on their budgets, and allow me to do audits and account re-structures quickly. WordStream is just that. I love the 20 minute work week, as it allows my to get all my account maintenance out of the way for the week on Sunday/Monday and I have the rest of the week free for meetings, building new campaigns and anything else that pop's up mid-week. It's also made upsells to clients on Facebook ads very easy as the integration is very simple/easy.

Cons

I mean, it's not perfect. There's some work flows that you need to get used to, but in the end I feel like I've gotten more than fair value for my subscription fee.

Marshall E.

Powerful Tool, Great Support

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

I am able to manage dozens of AdWords accounts and get insights quickly.

Pros

The ability to manage dozens of Adwords tasks, get intelligence, and actionable items in just a few minutes are very good. Making rapid-fire changes to accounts is easy. The features and interface are always evolving.

Cons

I'm not a fan of their Facebook Ads management as I am a more advanced marketing person but the insights they provide on ads I make with other tools are good.

Jay S.

Automation & Consolidation of Ad Accounts

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

The Wordstream advisers were really great at helping get us up and running and to ensure everything was set up properly and in a way that made sense to us. Optimization recommendations are a time saver.

Pros

We were looking for a solution to manage campaigns across multiple platforms, which Wordstream allows us to do. The 20 min work week has been very helpful in streamlining basic optimizations. All of the management that would be typically done across various platforms can be done inside Wordstream.

Cons

The only cons would be that there are occasional recommendations that we don't want to act on but snoozing them only puts them on hold until the next review (in most cases).

Cami C.

high dollar solution, but it's worth it

Reviewed on 2020/07/29

we have had great reps, great service, and great tech from wordstream.

Pros

the 20 minute work week feature that shows you areas for improvement that you can do easily. helps a lot.

Cons

it's hard to figure out all the ins and outs of what it does and doesn't do. so that can be rough to get your arms around. don't get me wrong, it's very full featured.

Wordstream allows us to navigate complex PPC layouts quickly

Reviewed on 2017/11/20

Wordstream allows my team to quickly plan, execute and manage PPC campaigns. From simple Facebook promotions to complex A/B testing Google AdWords campaigns, it's easy with Wordstream.

Pros

The 20 minute work week has made my time navigating PPC menus infinitely more impactful. The Wordstream software allows me to optimize, add or delete features from each individual campaign quickly and efficiently.

I enjoy that Wordstream has the tools needed for not only Google's PPC but Bing and Facebook as well. This allows you to consolidate not only the campaign details but budgeting as well.

Setting up complex campaigns such as A/B testing, geotargeting and different landing pages is easy with Wordstream. This is normally a long and tedious process when done within the PPC providers built-in application.

Cons

The only negative I can think of is the lack of support for other platforms. Most marketers stick to Google and Facebook so most other platforms are generally a waste of time so this isn't a huge issue.

Lori Z.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Wordstream has taken the complications of pay per click advertising and made it a simplified...

Reviewed on 2018/01/26

This software simplifies paper click advertising in order to save time and money.

Pros

By using the 20 min workweek process, I'm able to prevent wasting our marketimg bugets (in the advertising itself and by saving my own time) since the 20 min work week stream lines everything for me. The software also combines multiple platforms and accounts so that I can handle them all in one place and we're able to make simultaneous changes across each platform at once. The time I'm saved alone outways the money spent on the program itself. My consultant is extremely proficient on the software and has amazing marketing ideas of her own on how to increase not only my click through rate but to close the sale. This is the first company I've worked with that actually took the time to understand what my business is and what I'm selling. Being a business that sales to a specialized audience and really can't be categorized into one box or another, this makes a huge difference.

Cons

The only downside I can see about this software is that there is still a learning curve involved in understanding how it all works. The pay per click advertising is not a simple one step method. There are multiple factors that come into play which means constant changes and monitoring but that's truly more about the paper click advertising itself versus the software offered.

Declan D.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Wordstream Advisor is great for Adwords, especially for smaller businesses outpriced by Google

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

There's a huge gap between those with enough money to spend on Adwords - like $10K a month to get a decent agency at least - and those without. Wordstream fills that gap with a strong solution that will allow you to focus on keywords, learn, adapt, develop creative, and even get premier consulting which is a valuable way to gain professional insights without having to contract with an expensive agency. It's an excellent tool if keywords are your game, especially with Google and Bing (Facebook is not a keyword play, and while the tools are there, there are better tools).

Pros

This is a powerful tool to create and manage your Adwords bidding. optimization tools so you know which words are performing and can adapt your ads accordingly, negative keywords which alone is a huge value, and the intelligence that it gives you to manage Google. Many competitors have tools that are overwhelming and lose you in the details, and you'll find this by managing Google Adwords without Wordstream. It streamlines and simplifies as best it can a process that is confusing and costly.

Cons

I like the basic toolset, but once you get beyond that the challenge, like all Adwords platforms, is managing the diversity and complexity of details. Ad integrations with Google, Bing, and Facebook are good, but more would be helpful. Display ad support is not a strength here, mostly keyword support. Reporting is also a bit all over the place for me, so I rely on other sources to get my reports that share relevant data.

Amber C.

Quick & Easy PPC Management

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Streamlines PPC management weekly tasks, gives lots of PPC optimization ideas (though you have to filter out a variety of irrelevant ideas), alerts your budget progress via email

Pros

The 20 minute work week is at the core of our PPC management. It is so easy to go in there and see 20-100 suggestions about what you can change in your PPC accounts from negative keyword ideas to keyword addition ideas. Wordstream also monitors for budget changes and alerts you via email if you're not reaching your target budget.

Cons

Display ad support and suggestions are limited. Would also love to incorporate our CRM into the reporting (Hubspot / Salesforce) as our actual lead numbers and conversion numbers are often different so I have to manually adjust CPA / conversion rates to be the actual numbers.

Keith W.

Does what it says it does with excellent customer service and awesome expert advice.

Reviewed on 2017/04/19

We debated for several years over whether to spend money on the Wordstream software in addition to our Adwords spend. Our ad spend is currently pretty small at between $1,500 - $2,000 per month. We knew we were wasting money in Adwords, because we "kind of" knew what we doing, (translation - we didn't know at all), but we didn't realize how much of our budget was being wasted before signing up.

We have only been working with Wordstream for a few months so far, but our cost per click and cost per acquisition have decreased dramatically. Monitoring results has also become easier. We are more than paying for our Wordstream costs with Adwords savings. Our PPC account is more targeted and effective than it was going it alone.

The Wordstream people regularly update and improve their software; we've seen them ad Bing support and now Facebook Ad support which lets you modify and monitor all three platforms in one place. For us, one of the most valuable parts of our Wordstream experience has been their Premiere Consulting Service. It's a pretty inexpensive add-on for what you get, which is a once a month phone call and expert advice.

Our consultant, Navah Hopkins, knows the software inside out, but also knows a lot about Adwords, Bing and Facebook, and online advertising in general. She's good at spotting areas in our account that need improvement and she makes solid recommendations based on the type of business we have and our business goals. It's a big value add for a small amount of money. We would advise anyone signing up for the software to spend the money to add Premiere Consulting.

Ashley P.
  • Industry: Insurance

I wish I would have started using WordStream years ago!

Reviewed on 2018/11/11

Managing all our campaigns and making improvements easily. Already seeing quality score improvements on our ads. If you don't have hours a day to dedicate to campaigns, you need this program. It's so simple and I've learned more about managing campaigns in the short time I've used it than I learned in years of trying to run campaigns on my own.

Pros

Dashboard with information about all campaigns. Great reporting capabilities. Push changes live to Google Ads. Recommends weekly changes to all active campaigns to increase performance. Stellar customer support and onboarding. Easily create HTML5 ads by inputting your website. See live data from Google on current keyword bids. Create text ads with valuable checklist to ensure better quality ads. Set campaign goals and monitor performance. Better call detail information than Google provides. Record incoming phone calls. Get a notification when a call is coming in from an ad.

Cons

Consulting not included in monthly price. Six month start up contract required.

Even for an expert, this software saves so much time

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

It has helped us save time and spend less on our ads. We just renewed again for another year. For a small marketing team, it’s like having another person on the team but cheaper.

Pros

I’m a wear all the hats marketer and even though I consider myself an expert in ppc advertising it is only part of what my role demands and wordstream helps me focus on what’s most important to optimize your Search and social ads. The 20 minute work weak keeps me from overthinking my strategy and streamlining my optimization efforts. I love how easy it is to make video display ads in the software as well. It has additional reporting that’s easy to use like query stream for google.

Cons

It takes some time for it to learn which keywords/negative keywords your company uses but its gotten better.

Aedan K.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Has made my day to day PPC tasks so much easier, and can do so much more.

Reviewed on 2017/05/24

Pros

Wordstream is so easy to use and install and took minutes to set up. Its user interface is very simple and easy to follow, even for a novice. I manage a large account across adwords and bing, and I got wordstream to help manage to two, and since using the software, I have seen good returns for the investment, and my time is used more efficiently. Also, my premier consultant is great, his knowledge has really helped me be more sure in my own knowledge and has helped me with management of the account with some inside tricks.

Cons

There are some information which would be useful for people with advanced knowledge which is lacking in part, but after discussion with my consultant I have been assured that all the features I feel are missing are being addressed and should be added soon, which is great to know that the software is getting better rather than just staying the same.

Rich C.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Other for 2+ years

I highly recommend for use with Adwords and Bing Ads!

Reviewed on 2018/10/15

I've used WordStream to manage Adwords and Bing Ads. It helped us to gain more insight, to refine our ads, to create better and more compliant ads, and to select better keywords and match types to reach our goals.

Pros

I really liked the customer success manager we had to help set-up the system and guide me through how to use it. It made my job managing ads and discovering opportunities much easier and more efficient.

Cons

It was just a little pricey for a low-ad-budget user. It's pretty good bargain when you have a moderate to high ad spend.

Stacey B.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

I like most it's ease to use as well as it's layout making it easy to access and navigate on a daily basis.

Matt T.

AdWords Made Easy

Reviewed on 2017/05/30

The best part is not having to spend as much time working on our campaigns and having more time to work on other important projects.

Pros

I love the suggestions for how to manage my campaigns. The keyword suggestions and bid adjustment recommendations are invaluable. Also, having someone to help with our account is very helpful too.

Cons

Honestly, I have no cons that I can think of. The price maybe, but it saves me so much time every week that it is worth it.

Samuel L.

WordStream Is The Perfect Solution For Our Business

Reviewed on 2017/11/15

WordStream helps us budget correctly and analyze where its best suited to increase or decrease ad spend.

Pros

WordStream is intuitive and easy to use. The pricing is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of PPC Firms/Analysts and seems to be optimizing on a weekly basis.

Cons

WordStream would be slightly improved if the 20-Minute Work Week function was available to generate suggestions on a daily basis rather than weekly.

Ross M.

My team uses WordStream to optimize PPC campaigns for our clients.

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

We get huge time savings from WordStream. The ability to knock out optimizations quickly for a large volume of clients is imperative to scalability for our agency. On top of that, the smart algorithm reveals optimization opportunities that would otherwise go unnoticed.

Pros

The user experience in the optimization dashboard is perfect. The 20-minute work week feature provides peace of mind and great optimizational recommendations. It makes training new AdOps specialists a breeze!

Cons

The price is fairly steep, making it cost-prohibitive for many agencies and freelancers. However, this is one of the only limitations/drawbacks.

Mark R.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

20 Minute Work Week FOR REAL!

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Pros

I loved this software. It was able to pull data for me, showing where my bids were suffering and where they were killing it. I particularly love the free adwords grader that you can receive monthly. This has helped me be able to track my progress monthly and gives great advice for how to improve.

Cons

I honestly don't have much to say negative. Actually I can't say anything negative! The support team is awesome, the software saves you so much time, and the advice is spot on!

• Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

A friendly software for Ads and to help you saving time

Reviewed on 2020/09/13

Very helpful to simplify and save time all the marketing process related to google ads.

Pros

This software helps you a lot to save time thanks to its ease of using and the available automatization. It is so easy develop videos for ads.

Cons

I notice some bugs and inconsistencies when you create FB campaign. I did not spend a lot of time using the software, but it was a kind of frustrating for me. It is necessary extra help to learnd how to manage all the available tools.

Randy j L.

Easy As Management

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

We've been an AdWords partner for years and as out client base grew we needed a tool to streamline our process and give us analytically good choices.

Pros

The ability to see high performance ads and duplicate for variant ad

Cons

I wish there was a Zapier or connection to Google Studio for our dashboard reporting.

Juanne C.

Wordstream helps take care of the finer details that can be missed when managing multiple...

Reviewed on 2017/08/17

Pros

Wordstream saves me time and gives a great quality score, keyword and account optimisation suggestions. The "Query Stream" feature show's the number of queries per ad group up front, saving you from having to go through each ad group individually.

Cons

When it comes to the latest features, there seems to be a bigger drive behind social features with a few search updates here and there. There are no features for remarketing audience bid adjustments. Not being able to work with labels in Wordstream is about one of the bigger reasons I have to juggle between Adwords & Wordstream ux's.

Fourie R.

Overall extremely positive about Wordstream. We can see the difference on all our accounts .

Reviewed on 2017/07/26

Improved advertising accounts. Awesome reporting. Great support. Happy clients.

Pros

It's easy to use and really works. It is like having an ppc pro in your team. The 20-min workweek exercises are a must and the back-end is great. Creating ads and maintaining keywords on Google is a breeze. Monthly reporting is awesome. Overall it helped me get all our account's health score up and see improvements on overall conversions and CPA. The support is kick-ass.

Cons

No realtime data - it is always one day behind. Facebook integration still need improvements - More ad creation options and targeting.

Jordan M.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Saved Our Company's PPC & Increased Sales

Reviewed on 2017/04/17

Our company used to have our PPC campaigns run by a third party PPC management company. We had felt they did not understand our industry enough and in turn, our sales decreased. Ever since we have switched to Wordstream, sales, impressions & quality scores have increased, and our CPA has decreased. PPC used to be extremely overwhelming to me, but Wordstream software has made everything extremely user-friendly and our account rep has been nothing but helpful in guiding/answering all of our questions.

Pros

How user-friendly the software is and how it gives you tips/suggestions on what to fix in your PPC campaigns.

Cons

It's not as compatible with Bing as it is with Adwords.

Saving so much by using Wordsteam!

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Tons of cost savings, better leads, and more meetings. Feeling I can now understand Adwords data insights and take action on those insights.

Pros

We switched from paying a consultant to managing our Adwords account oursleves along with the help of Wordstream. Wordstream breaks down PPC data making it manageable and easy to understand. I feel I can make decisions based on data to improve our account now where as before it was very hard to understand how to use the Adwords platform. We've brought our cost per target lead down by 42% in as little as 3 months managing ourselves with Wordstream!!

I've learned a lot from our consultant at Wordstream and the educational materials provided by Wordstream are very useful!!

So glad we made this switch!

Cons

The automated suggestions are not always perfect in the 20 minute work week, but I do believe these have helped us bring costs down significantly.